Was DmC really that bad?

Was DmC really that bad?

Attached: CFD37BA8-F33A-4E55-8AFB-C10146A1658C.jpg (750x746, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/1107018952503287809?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=yXphFnqhYoo
media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/anime-production-line-deal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

His name is Hideki Kamiya...

No

Yes stop fucking asking

Attached: 1550479806956.jpg (549x556, 27K)

Fuck off with your Japanese Phil Fish.

The promotion and marketing could catch a bullet.

That actual game itself was just "okay" at best, and the Definitive Edition improved on it, but only by removing the majority of the terrible ideas from a mechanical standpoint; the story is still god-awful.

All-in-all, don't bother with it. It's not really worth bothering with.

He was most likely upset about how disappointed the fans were or how the fans were treated.

Attached: 1338044928708.png (205x227, 5K)

no, he was mad at capcom not ninja theory

Attached: BUT KAMIYA IS TOTALLY JAPANESE PHIL FISH, GUYS!.png (2024x4104, 3.69M)

Yes. Even worse in fact.

the development was a complete clusterfuck which is what would cause almost anyone to say fuck it and leave a company.
it goes beyond what the average journalist will ever report on because they never ask any fucking questions or attempt to conduct interviews.

Reminder.
DmC was Itsuno's idea. Ninja Theory tried to make Dante more like his original self at the start because they actually love that Dante which influenced some of their games.

Tameem being a faggot just made everyone not notice thar Itsuno was the one that wanted edge lord Dante

Attached: 182942_662300873785751_844345365_n.jpg (500x608, 29K)

twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/1107018952503287809?s=19
This is probably the best take on this whole situation.

>"I think he put in his resignation and then they said 'wait, you’re a valuable guy, we don’t want you to leave. What can make you stay?'”

>Itsuno's "wishlist" included getting control of the Devil May Cry series for a new game, Langdon said.

we don't deserve him, Yea Forums

Yes. One of the worst games I've ever played. Second only to Red Steel.

Even better, he was given a choice between DMC5 and a sequel to Dragon's Dogma. Since DMC5 is a massive hit, we're getting DD2 next!

Reminder that this was NT's original take on the character. They couldn't be trusted with anything other than a radically different edgelord Dante, and even then they fucked it up.

Attached: Donte concepts.jpg (299x168, 9K)

Weternizing stuff DMC was Inafune's idea. Ninja Theory did try to keep more true to it but capcom insisted on doing something different. Then Tameem happened.

Attached: file.png (600x487, 223K)

i almost miss the donte threads
shit was hilarious
>2013
oh fuck

now that DMC5 is a smashing success Capcom can finally drop the PR talk and start shittalking DmC

I almost, again this is an almost, feel sorry for Ninja Theory. They made a game so bad that Itsuno wanted to quit. That actually takes talent.

This is a pretty fucking good take on it.
For those of you who don't want to read a Twitter thread, his claim of "I want to make DmC2" isn't explicitly a sign of approval as to what DmC turned out to be - it should also be a sign that he wanted to right the wrongs and keep what worked.
I might be reading a bit too much into it, but this is also the guy who made DMC3 because he didn't want to be "the guy who directed DMC2".

And now look at DMCV. All the enhancements that came from DmC and all the throwbacks to it (slow-mo low-gravity intro in a vehicle, "FUCK YOU" and middle fingers, the "not in a million years" line) are literally exactly that. They're keeping what worked while making sure what went wrong was done right this time.

I mean they did from the beginning

>the TRUE SEQUEL
>not in a million years
>FUCK YOU

How much of a brainlet does one even have to be to compare the two? Holy shit lol

I feel sorry for the environment artists, they did a fantastic job while everyone else was fucking up.

No. It was an okay game that became good with the rerelease. The problem is it was a substantial step down from the rest of the series besides 2.

They neutered his baby. Of course he'd be upset
It's like if another studio made a new Rival Schools without his input and made something in the same tier as Samurai Shodown Sen

how many fucking times am I going to see this fucking thread?

There's a lot of talent at that studio, I just feel like they can't come up with a decent combat system in the end, ironically DmC might be their best attempt but I'd still slot it below shit like Marlow Briggs. Fucking Marlow Briggs is more fun than anything they've put out.

I'll always have a soft spot for Heavenly Sword personally, the game played like shit but it was one of the most hammy games I've ever played.
They just let Andy Serkis loose, it's a shame only the villains were entertaining.
youtube.com/watch?v=yXphFnqhYoo

Attached: MB.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Yeah, I can't say DmC did everything wrong because a lot of things they gave Vergil in DmC were taken and worked into his moveset in 4SE.

Who goes a FUCK about devil may cry. Where's the fucking dragon's dogma??

It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. It was mediocre at best.

Nah you can fuck right off trying to turn DMC and DD lads on each other, falseflagger-kun. Plenty of people on this very board like both.

dumb phoneposter
But I am also keen for DD2. If they just bring DDO to the west I will firebomb their offices

Attached: 20190223164527_1.jpg (1920x1080, 232K)

With DMC5 keeping its own franchise alive and bringing Capcom to the spotlight once more, it can only mean good things for DD2 unless the Netflix adaptation fucks it up, so DMC5 is nothing but good for both DMC and DD folk.

Attached: dragon's dogma griffin.jpg (610x796, 81K)

>Netflix adaptation
fucking what?

For six years DMC fans have had a victim complex the size of Texas. Let them get it out of their systems so perhaps they might stop being such faggots to other fanbases.

No

>DmC was Itsuno's idea
It was Inafune's idea, you're mixing up your nips faggot.

Enslaved was alright. Had good characters.

>Netflix adaptation

Attached: 1552183428906.gif (460x259, 1.16M)

From a primarily CGI studio. not the same as the berserk one, mind you
media.netflix.com/en/press-releases/anime-production-line-deal

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Berserk - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.10_[2016.07.01_10.01.27].jpg (1280x720, 119K)

According to Langdon, Itsuno was really upset he never got to do the DMC game he wanted before 5, so seeing the chance of making a sequel to 4 be squandered because of Capcom following Inafune's retarded westaboo boner with DmC and having it nearly kill the franchise for half a decade upset him hard
Any mention of him liking DmC or wanting to make a sequel to it was just PR bullshit and being nice

it went to shit as soon as pigsy was introduced. in every aspect. that boss fight with the mech dino was cool tho.

He should've left.
Now the board is shitting up with waifufags, capcomapologists, powerlevelfags and character-design purists.

Fuck capcom franchises and their fandoms so much.

Attached: 1550098292924.gif (284x223, 960K)

Here's your (you)

No he was more likely pissed at Capcom for giving all their IPs to the West. Thankfully that all suspiciously stopped after Inafune left the company.

nah the real question is: was ninja theory always that bad?

DmC was actually Inafune's idea, but I do agree that making Donte an edgy fuck was probably influenced from DMC4 and Itsuno. If you think about it Donte is basically Nero 0.5 - less edgy but also less brutish.

Capcom is 7th gen was probably the worst it could have ever been

What do you think was more insulting to Itsuno
>having DMC taken away from him when he desperately wanted to make 5
or
>having gotten the greenlight to finally make his dream game, Dragon's Dogma, only to have to leave development to go work on DmC because the developers don't know what they're fucking doing

Attached: 3gxknf5ebtl21.jpg (960x540, 57K)

The Netflix show might not even happen anymore, they guys who were in talks to make it blabbed about it early and make a big deal out of it before the talks and negotiations were even finished, which Capcom was apparently none too please with.

Attached: 1552611006796.png (324x331, 180K)

>having DMC taken away from him when he desperately wanted to make 5
He didn't even want to make 4 though.

They had a press release for it so I don't think that anything fell through, unless something goes horribly wrong in the production process, like another director firing or a drug scandal.

Now, I'm hungry for a sandwich.

what happened to kamiya? back then he actually responded to fans on twitter. now he only does so if you speak japanese.

He was getting too many shitposts, mainly port begging or just people who want to bait him into blocking them.