Has there ever been a game reboot that actually worked?

Has there ever been a game reboot that actually worked?

Attached: TPB-Animated-Horizontal-8mar-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 107K)

I wonder what a TPB game would be like?

Wolfenstein 3D

there's a mobile game and the graphics are a hell of a lot better than the new cartoon

Attached: tpb_boys_on_steam.png (1367x768, 986K)

they had to

everyone died or got old and fat

Doom

A lot. Have you been living under a rock, user?

RIP John Dunsworth

Netflix is the EA of television. They milk every successful series they have until it's dead.

is this summertime saga

out of the park was decent enough, should have just made more of that

I loved that series especially the one where they went to Amsterdam. That asshole guy Tom Mayhue is a comedic genius.

>Hell of a lot better
>Goanimate looking shit
Go get your eyes checked bud.

I always thought a Trailer Park Boys game designed like Postal would be fucking hilarious.

They both look like shit. Have that super generic digital look American "adult" animation always has.

>bottle kids come running around the corner
>new objective: survive

Like all the other TV show mobile games.

>trying to do TPB without John Dunsworth

Attached: 92a.png (600x654, 340K)

What season is the cutoff point for TPB being shit

Everything filmed before Netflix.

watch them all and decide for yourself.

Did this premier already?

All seasons and movies directed by Mike Clattenberg so pretty much this...

I know you're just baiting to talk about whatever non-vidya shit you've got there, but to actually answer your question: No. Not one.

In fact, I'll even take it a step further and just say that there has NEVER been a case where a new GOOD game has been added to an established franchise once it's been dormant for longer than 7 years. If the last entry is 7 years or older, and they announce a sequel/reboot/prequel/spiritual successor with original creators, it will always pale in comparison. Always.

>The animated series.
Isn't that just Ed, Edd n Eddy?

Not always true. Wolfenstein had Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory. Kid Icarus had Uprising. There had been 8 years between Kichikuou Rance and Rance 6, and Sengoku Rance which came after the reboot is considered to be one of the best if not the best entry. There was also an 8 year gap between Ys V and VI. There was also a huge gap between mainline Shin Megami Tensei II and III but you might not want to count it since there were other Megaten games released in the meantime.
But yeah, these kind of revivals are more often than not total garbage.

season 7 is the last good one, the quality drops off instantly