What do you guys think of this game...

What do you guys think of this game? Made by ninja theory so i'm bit cautious but ive heard Ninja theory are good its just they made one shit game.

Attached: enslaved.jpg (220x273, 26K)

It's pretty ok. Looks nice and colorful, the combat is very basic and gets a bit repetitive.

Trip a cute.

Sounds cool. Have you played Hellblade by any chance? I heard its pretty good.

if you're looking for a fun adventure game with a campy-ish story with some feels, and okay beat-em-up combat, you'll like it.
It's also really pretty

Ninja Theory is a UK team that for some reason likes to make games themed around Asian cultures despite their inability to generate Nip-level waifus. As an Asian I don't like them because loom at this, they're adapting the Chinese classic Journey to the West in the most gaijin way possible. I found all their works insulting and clueless. The fact that they made DmC makes me like them even less.

collecting the orbs was hell.

Trip!

Attached: enslaved.jpg (1280x720, 273K)

>Story
You go to a pyramid and have a mech battle. If this was a Platinium game, the game would at the least have more varied gameplay.
>Gameplay
Plays mediocre. Little variation. Combat is too repetitive
>Design
Doesn't go anywhere
>Lore stuff
Doesn't go anywhere either.
You can't really have a Son Goku if you don't understand what part of Goku is even a good character.

Attached: Dost_thou_even_lift_KNAVE.jpg (630x960, 356K)

Most of their games have nothing to do with asia, especially their most recent ones.

Tameem priced with Hellblade that he works best if people stop questioning him. His original vision for Enlsaved was good but then other writers made him backtrack and it turned out mediocre.

I'm not even going to try and defrend this games use of asian lore, but you are aware that he isn't based on Goku, right? Or are you just a turbo weeb trying to speak jap?

Goku isn't Son Goku ya dumb weabshit
Do you even lingual localization?

Just say Wukong ffs, you guys are arguing past each other.

Feels like the inspiration for The Last of Us.

>story about a half human half monkey with a hovercloud and an extendable staff and the subtitle is literally JOURNEY TO THE WEST is not Son Goku

Ok bud

>It's also really pretty
The palette is bland, and the art design is lacking. Meanwhile you have Dark Souls on the same hardware with a far more pretty shader setup and materials.

It's more interesting than the thousands of Asians adaptions that add no originality or variation to the story and thus all pretty much the same.

Boring. Combat is shit, enemy design is uninspired, platforming isn't even real platforming, story/writing starts off interesting but quickly goes nowhere and the ending is fucking terrible. Soundtrack was nice I guess.

It might be, but by mere reference material alone its lacking a lot more boss fights, and a actual end goal for the campaign.
Instead you go somewhere random, your companions die of dysentery or something, and you blow up a pyramid instead of doing any cool shit.

Good story, liked the atmosphere. And the voice acting was great. Still got the poster.
Fun fact Enslaved is the reason that Ninja Theory was given DMC.

IIRC there's a story from a guy who worked at Ninja Theory about Tameem and a couple other top designers at the company during Enslaved. They suggest that the introduction to the main character would be to have him come across a civilian hanging off the side of a railing and beg for help, and instead of helping kick him off and laugh; to Tameem and the others in the room this would've portrayed the main character as "cool".

That was exclusively Tameem's idea and they told him to fuck off because it was stupid as shit and completely out of character.

DmC isn't even a shit game, it's just got a shit story and has to live up to the legacy of one of the best game franchises of all time.

How the fuck do all of these video game writers keep their jobs? Tameme, Cuckkmann, David Cage... I don't need fucking Chris Avellone or Amy Hennig tier narratives, but half these games that are being sold on their story have just awful, awful dialogue, and yet everyone rushes to defend these "geniuses" and pushes them as the face of developers that would be way better off if they ditched those prima donna fucks.

didn't tameem and one of the writers constantly fight because the writer didn't like the fact that everyone was an edgy asshole?

unpopular opinion (on Yea Forums): cuckmann wasn't too bad until recently. Uncharted 4 was great.

I never played UC4, for me that series dies with Hennig. Also 'muh stronk black wymyn that can beat up Drake despite having no in-universe justification for being able to'. I liked TLoU a lot, but the story wasn't anything spectacular and the DLC was disappointing. For such a simple story, there were a lot of plot holes. I'm still not convinced he knows what a vaccine is either because he seems to think it means a magic cure.

well, nadine has military training so it doesnt bother me that she could take on an aging thief whos only combat traing was on the streets.

Not the guy you're replying to, but UC4 isn't great either. It has a lot of spectacular moments that are derided by an obvious lack of focus (dialogue choices that go nowhere, open areas that feel underbaked and out of place) and a lot of boring, tedious shit (swimming underwater in the intro, all the flashback sequences as kid Drake).

It's like they forgot how storytelling worked in the previous games, where you'd be doing puzzles if you were solving something, shooting shit or climbing if you were going anywhere, and watching a cutscene for plot beats. Now sometimes you just hop around doing mandatory stealth flashback sections for the sake of it.

How do the writers stay in job?
Because they job isn't to write
Its to compile the 'idea of presentation' into 'something a large workforce can reasonably work with'.
As a side result they also get to do a lot of other stuff because somebody has to do all the other stuff, like writing dialogue setups and general ideas for the cinematics.
Now add in some Bachelor in some academic field, some research on their backlog, some ability to draw(to get the actual concept artists to work without stopping), and more.

Its a lot like writing a health and safety document: The goal isn't to document the process and identify common errors, its to have a vague guideline to teach people how to operate with a machine or task. And when you do that, you might have to create a grid in EXCEL with dangers and levels of severity.
T. writing HR documents for a living

Attached: DBZ_K-ON.jpg (932x738, 262K)

Unironically this game is in my top 20.

>but you are aware that he isn't based on Goku, right?
Son Gokū is literally the name Japan uses for Sun Wukong.

>One shit game
Just off the top of my head, Other M and DmC so that's two absolutely garbage games.

I forgot about Other M. Repressed memories,

Team Ninja did Other M, smarty-pants