With DMC5 in the ether, how does Automata's combat feel? Is there actually advanced tech or what?

With DMC5 in the ether, how does Automata's combat feel? Is there actually advanced tech or what?

Attached: 02a2325af00034a0bc891a7ac7eccec41cc4d23a_hq.jpg (600x800, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2DKNL3Gdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it alright, it not subtle or nuanced like other game but it alright

Typical Platinum schlock.

It looks better than most Platinum games, but that doesn't mean it plays well.

Pretty shallow combat. Sois enjoy it because of the meme story.

Decent, especially if you mess with the chips and movement, but the game doesn't push you to use the tools you have

So it's fun to play once and never come back. Got it.

it's really bad. really limited, the moves look awful, finishers weren't programmed properly so you can't incorporate them and the shit level scaling means you'll kill enemies too quickly anyway.

Can we stop talking about this game?Jesus christ

Why would you stop talking about the greatest game ever?
>can we stop talking about this game
>when he could just avoid the thread and so not talk about it
Retard user

Automata's combat is pretty button-mashy, not much technique to it.
Also the story is largely nonsensical, the side-quests and mostly boring fetch quests, and you revisit the same handful of areas a bunch of times. It's okay but not as great a game as waifufags who can't stop jerking off to 2B make it sound.

Should I get DMC4 to try out the series? Is it a mindless hack and slash or is there a lot of story bullshit?

There's a chip system you can grind to get chips that do cool shit but don't take up much space. IF you don't grind them they'll take up a fuck load of space so you can't equip much.

I don't think many people even bothered with it, but it adds a lot of moves and movement.

I really like it, it's my 2nd favorite game of all time. I beat it twice, 100% it on my 2nd run, and it's really rare I go back to a game I've beaten.

Kinda? Some friends enjoyed doing goofy weapon/chip runs but if that's not your thing yes that's the case

Story is jovial shit not meant to be taken seriously. I'd play dmc3 over 4 any day of the week. The gameplay is the same, only the character and consequently moveset changes, and the story and buildup to final fight is much better in 3. Although it's still your typical Japanese trash with superficial morning cartoon 2 dimensional characters.

It's smooth and the characters feel good to control, but that's about it. It truthfully doesn't even compare to DMC even if you can do a few cool things here and there. I think their main focus Automata was just making combat that wasn't aids, and IMO they succeeded.

The people who praise the game have nothing to do with waifufags, they just played the previous games, unlike you secondary retard.

>The people who praise the game have nothing to do with waifufags
I'm sorry but this is just false.

>the story is largely nonsensical
It makes perfect sense. You're an inattentive brainlet.

>the story is largely nonsensical

Attached: 1503502411072.png (645x729, 50K)

Not him, its not.

This. The combat is perfectly funcitonable for its purpose. If you're playing nier A just to play a hack and slash you're doing it wrong

You can just ignore the threads you insufferable faggot.

Newfag cant filter

I found Automata's combat having more depth than a game like Revengeance, which I really like but felt lacking as a pure action. Automata's problems are that there is little incentive to "git gud," because you can get through the game by button-mashing and it is also very easy to become over-leveled.
I got decent in DMC4SE, was shit in 3SE, was shit in Bayo 1 but played in PS3, was great in emulated GodHand, and now I'll see if Bayo1+2 are any good. DMCV I will pick up at a discount

The gameplay isn't as satisfying as DMC 5 if you want me to compare it. The enemies in Automata do literally nothing but stand there and absorb damage. Nothing is really threatening. Getting overleveled is way too easy, thus trivializing fun boss fights later on.If you're too high level (which is easy to accomplish), you miss out on a great segment where 9S hacks A2 during their final battle. If a game forces you to gimp your playstyle or else you skip cool scenes, it's pretty stupid. Plus, enemies die so fast that the most fun I had was in training mode. To play the game properly I had to ignore certain elements or nerf my playstyle, and I don't consider myself good at games so it's not that I am too good for Automata.
Something I'd like to address that gets overlooked in these threads: 9S still has fun combos, especially with the spears. He isn't all hacking. When I played, I used hacking sparingly, only on gold enemies and forced sections. I rarely see talk of using Pod abilities but the chain/wire ability along with movement changing chips can give you some DMC-like aerial combat if you're looking for that. Therefore, the most fun I had with the gameplay in Automata was in training mode.

As for the story, I really enjoyed it. I'm aware of how it hits you over the head with some points and it's repetitive. It's not perfect. But, the philosophy perspective of nonhumans and exploration of how the machines copied human civilization to a destructive point fascinated me so much that I read all the side materials as well as Grimnoire Nier, and played Nier 1 after finishing Automata. Yoko Taro's universes are amazingly crafted to me (FUCK his habit of putting important and amazing lore tidbits in shit like plays and phone games) Even if the gameplay left much to be desired I loved the hell out of Automata. Thanks for reading my blogpost.

Attached: 73376578_p2.jpg (900x655, 144K)

not as much tech like in DMC or Bayo but you can get pretty creative with pod programs if you want like in this vid youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2DKNL3Gdo
but you can honestly get by the whole game with a few combos and spamming dodge.
the thing is though the 3 androids you play all have different play styles, 2B is the standard combat base but has self destruct to deal shit loads of damage and yes its not just a meme to remove the skirt, 9S is hackerman and focuses on more the bullet hell aspect of the game, he also has self destruct but his combos are limited but he makes up for it with hacking being completely broken (except in the dlc bosses) and being able to control bots. and finally A2 is the combat focused character in the game, with taunt able to enrage enemies so both of you do more damage, her self destruct is changed into a beserk mode which makes you faster and hit harder at the cost of large health loss per second but can be off set with healing chips, which brings the chip system where you can customize the character of your choosing to your liking, some add stat boosts, utility, or changes to combat style.
In the end though the game isnt centered around the combat its more story driven if you want to focus combat I suggest buying the DLC.

I unironically prefer Nier A's combat to DMC5. Its fast, its fluid, and every move seams very smoothly with each other and not to mention you can do cross weapon combinations. You are also a heck more mobile than dmc5

DMC4 is much better than the majority of other hack n slashes in existence, which is the important thing.
If you don't care about progression, try to find a save or mod/hack that unlocks all abilities for Nero and Dante from the start of your playthrough.
Devil May Cry was designed to start you out as barely capable of anything, and slowly, very slowly, makes your character more and more versatile. But this is amplified in 4 where you can't unlock everything even in the course of two full playthroughs. Higher difficulties are also locked to subsequent playthroughs.
Suffice to say that you really need a complete version of the game before you dive in. Once you have that, you have a lot of freedom to play the game how you want. It will take a while to master.

Attached: r - 1539148815717 - nero.jpg (960x640, 105K)

Automata always had boring combat and compared to DMC 5 it's downright terrible

No it doesnt. Watching 2b pull off her attacks is satisfying as fuck.

When you first start the game yeah but after a few hours it's nothing special