Majora's Mask
>It's the black sheep of the franchise
Wind Waker
>I-it's the black sheep of the franchise
Skyward Sword
>It's th-the... uh... b-black sheep of the franchise
Breath of the Wild
>It's... the uhm, black sheep of the fr-fr-franchise... yeah

Honestly, is anything that's not LttP or OoT considered """""unconventional"""""? Why do retards say this?

Attached: 103487528.png (415x270, 232K)

I've never heard anything but Zelda 2 get referred to as the black sheep.

The only actual Black Sheep of Zelda is Zelda II and anyone with a brain knows this. There were, at times, criticisms or distinctions made because of the ones you listed but Zelda II is the actual blacksheep that Miyamoto himself named.

>Wind Waker
>>I-it's the black sheep of the franchise
>Skyward Sword
>>It's th-the... uh... b-black sheep of the franchise
No one says this

Attached: 1552097291511.png (1228x1080, 1.08M)

It's almost as though Aonuma is a hack and incapable of making feature complete experiences that don't abandon innovations at the drop of a hat in favor of chasing some bullshit gimmick.

The reason that post-OoT 3D Zelda is controversial is because of how the games are designed. It's not an accident, it's not Yea Forums, it's the games.

Attached: aonuma.jpg (800x930, 115K)

TP is widely considered the worst in the series along with SS. WW, BOTW, MM & OOT are universally considered masterpieces by everyone & show up on every best game list that gets made nowadays

>WW is widely considered the worst in the series along with SS.
The fucking triforce hunt will never make it GOAT. And TP is better no matter how much WWfags bitch.

>universally considered masterpieces by everyone & show up on every best game list that gets made nowadays
It's the WWcuck who needs the opinions of others to validate his unfinished game.

Who are you quoting user? I've never heard WW or SS called the black sheep, and certainly not MM ever since the MM revival when it started being considered a good game and not OoT's weird little brother. The only candidates for black sheep are Zelda 2 and BotW.

TP really isn't better. If I wanted to play TP I'd just replay OoT instead and get the exact same experience with better dungeons while saving 10+ hours.

TPfags are the only ones crying, since everyone has always loved Wind Waker. Twilight Princess is always listed at the bottom of every "Best Zelda game" list & never appears on any best game list unless it's made specifically by readers & not actual Journos

WW has just as many similarities to OoT as TP does. You focus too much on superficial things.

Maybe stop replaying bad games. Zelda games are the bottom of the barrel for their genre.

>Twilight Princess is always listed at the bottom of every "Best Zelda game" list & never appears on any best game list unless it's made specifically by readers & not actual Journos
Hi WWcuck

These retards are all over the place, not even hard to find. Even googling "the black sheep of zelda" gives countless top hits with a different game in each one.

>actual Journos
LMAO are you for real right now?
This is pretty sad.

>actual journos

Attached: F2D0779D-2998-42D9-8E72-D07535538F5C.jpg (480x360, 27K)

>TP is widely considered the worst in the series along with SS
by fucking who

how the fuck is botw the black sheep? it's the most acclaimed zelda game

If you like this, you're pretty much a retard with bad taste.

Attached: WindWaker.webm (640x360, 2.52M)

Zelda 2 as the black sheep is the only correct answer.
It's also one of my favorite 2D zeldas

> Unfinished
> Still universally considered one of the best 100 games ever made
> Has been included on nearly triple the amount of best game lists then Twilight Princess
> Named the 9th best Nintendo game ever by the official Nintendo magazine itself, whereas TP was 34th behind 6 other Zelda games
Pretty based i must say for an unfinished game, if they actually finished the 2nd half of game it would probably have a 99 on MetaCritic

that's an odd way of spinning it. The true reason is that Every game is so unique they're all considered black sheep

>still going off on his lists
How can anyone be this fucking retarded?

>BOTW
>black sheep
yeah... if you say so buddy...

Attached: 1552424223926.jpg (480x480, 29K)

OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO NO NO

What's wrong user

only MM and Zelda 2 could really be considered 'black sheep'
WW is just unfinished
SS plays like a standard 3D Zelda just with motion controls and a more linear story emphasis
BOTW is a Zelda in name only

Attached: scarecrow-gromain.gif (1000x707, 2.41M)

The absolute state of WWfags

>BOTW
>black sheep

Attached: 56526159.jpg (1200x1029, 356K)

WWcuck is a sheep who has to rely on journalists to feel good about his game.

>he hasn't heard of randomizer

>BOTW is a Zelda in name only
...so it's a black sheep?

It's a fucking rhinoceros, user

>Nintendo: "pff u want same zeruda???? But why! We arready do that thing! We do new thing now to keep fresh!"
>*9th mario kart, 11th mario party, 11th mario golf, 23rd super mario bros, 34th pokemon, 6th super smash bros*
Just make more fucking games like OoT, jesus...

Attached: 1542169900990.jpg (708x480, 29K)

I remember Majora's Mask being pretty good.

>MM and Zelda could really be considered "black sheep"
t. MM fag who wants to make your game seem more complex than it actually is.
If any 3D Zelda game deserves to be called a black sheep, it's BOTW. Even MM follows a more traditional Zelda formula
>B-BUT IT'S NOT A ZELDA GAME BESIDES NAME
So... it's a black sheep of the franchise? Huh, wow.
MMfags never fail to make me laugh

Only Zelda II is black sheep. Majora's Mask is respected, Wind Waker is respected, TP was polarizing love/hate, same thing for every Zelda game afterwards, although I appreciated BotW's attempt to convey something more like the original LoZ but in open world 3d.

Is 'Black Sheep' a bad thing, now?

>Majoras Mask
>Wind Waker
>Twilight Princess
>Skyward Sword
>BotW
>Aonuma games

>ALttP
>OoT
>Miyamoto games

Gets your peanuts goin' don't it...

Attached: 15-10-28-Marty-Feldman.jpg (492x350, 125K)

OOTfag actually, MM's weird time system does make it stand out in ways that the other Zeldas don't ever really replicate, and while it is held in a good regard Nintendo's never even considered the idea of returning to it

>Creator of franchise has more impact on earlier games when he's still creating more original concepts for the universe than the later games he passed off for other devs
Woah....

Aonuma has never made a good zelda game. In 20 years.

SS is considered the black sheep, anything else is wrong.
> Zelda's Rankings according to the oldest gaming forum on the internet
> 1. Ocarina of Time (274) (1st)
> 2. Breath of the Wild (182) (3rd)
> 3. The Legend of Zelda (91) (6th)
> 4. A Link To the Past (91) (7th)
> 5. Wind Waker (89.4) (42nd)
> 6. Majora's Mask (89.2) (53rd)
> 7. A Link Between Worlds (88.8) (81st)
> 8. Link's Awakening (88.1) (111th)
> 9. Twilight Princess (85) (281st)
> 10. Skyward Sword (84) (711th)
See the huge gap between TP & Skyward Sword? People still like Twilight Princess, albiet considerably less then other Zelda's. Whereas SS is widely hated. What's even more surprising is that RDR2 was ranked 100 spots lower then Skyward Sword

twilight princess is the true black sheep because despite being the best, most full fledged zelda experience to date, it's jealously hated on for being better than other faggot's favorite zeldas

How is it jealousy when everyone likes OOT, WW, BOTW, ALTTP, Original & MM more then any other Zelda?

Breath of the wild, a black sheep? That's a first,

it's repressed envy. look up bpd

>WW
Nostalgia, no one plays WW for the shitty dungeons.

Compared to Miyamoto who never made a good Zelda game in his entire life
Woah....

Zelda 2 but with better movement and a functional map (optionally an improved translation). There, no more black sheep status.

Nostalgia exists because it was amazing when it first came out, people have no nostalgia for TP because the game was shit which is why it's not remembered outside of the minority of diehard TP fans

Botw is just a whole other animal

But if he's relying on the opinions of normies & journalists wouldn't that just be proving his point that the masses like his game more? I would be angry too if people constantly spammed a game i disliked getting more widespread praise then my favorite in the series, i would know. It happens with Persona 5 all of the time

>it was amazing when it first came out,
It was applauded for the art style and nothing else. WW is a game that gets worse with repeated plays because it was rushed out the door while TP starts out slow and picks up pace by the middle.

>LoZ1, ALttP, OoT
>OoT
>not good
M8 you're goin in too hard you gotta be more subtle

Attached: 1552773483080.png (600x739, 362K)

the oracle games are the black lamb twins of the zelda franchise. Everyone forgets they exist and secretly hate that capcom does zelda better than nintendo but that's just the way it is.

Attached: 1549843194421.jpg (637x962, 92K)

TP has the worst opening level in gaming history, everyone hated it the moment it came out for how horribly paced it was. WW was hated for the Triforce shard section & Forsaken Fortress, everything else was widely considered a 10/10 and still is. Yea Forums is literally the only place on the internet that tries to act like WW is a bad game, even Yea Forums willingly admits loving the game

>GCZeldafags are arguing about which game from that era was the least shittiest and smelliest
Kek.

TP is the FF13 of Zelda, except even worse cause the music is earbleeding midi shit.

Flex hard carrot King

>Exploration to find upgrades and equipment.
>Sword-play interspersed with item usage.
>Dungeons that progress the main story.
>Link, heart containers, rupees and tunics.
These four things are the only common traits between all the non-spinoff Zelda games and trying to argue about what makes a 'real' Zelda game is pedantic at best.

I mean, the games are good, yeah, but are they really anything special?

Wrong
> FF4 = LA
> FFV = Oracles
> FF6 = OOT
> FF7 = ALTTP
> FF9 = MM
> FF8 = Twilight
> FFX = WW
> FFXII = BOTW
> FFXIII = SS

>everything else was widely considered a 10/10 and still is.
>the terrible dungeons
>the spoils bags which is just another form of the Skulltula quest spread over three quests
>the overworld is crawling with the same enemies
>special encounters like the ghost ship is just more of the same
>game never lets go of your hand even till the end like in
>giving a shit about Yea Forums
WW was doomed from the start, it was never going to be a 10/10.

Not even Yea Forums itself cares about Twilight Princess, just accept that it's garbage that nobody likes & move on already

Forgot pic related

Attached: Based Zelda.jpg (680x622, 92K)

>Not even Yea Forums itself cares about Twilight Princess
We had a thread about it today, retard.

Not that user but I loved TP, I love all the 3D games for the most part

>BOTW is Zeldai in name only

-Closest spiritual successor to the original game yet, embracing open adventure
-Uses classic Zelda combat, targeting, bow, dodging in place from Ocarina on up (until shitty motion controls we are all pretending never happened)
-Uses classic 3D Zelda races, locations and even references the soundtracks
-Link literally rescuing Zelda from Ganondorf is the objective from the beginning
-Key gameplay around horse riding, puzzle solving, completing 4 "dungeons" before final battle

Sure bud.

See the post above yours

>Yea Forums of all people will make the Triforce hunt disappear
Cope

>64 people voted
Thus rendering the argument that nobody cares redundant

This brainlets don`t understand that traditional shit was scrapped so they could perfect the things that Zelda was lacking in the past & create the perfect foundation. The next Zelda game will use BOTW as a base & will be asset flip like Majora`s Mask, so it will be incredibly easy to simply re-insert the OOT formula back into the game since they don`t have to work on trying to figure out the overworld, gameplay or exploration aspects

Yes, only 64 people voted for Twilight Princess. That`s pretty pathetic

>n-nobody cares
>don't even make an argument
lmao bitches

>Thus rendering the argument that nobody cares redundant

Flex Hard, Carrot King!

>WW was hated for the Triforce shard section & Forsaken Fortress, everything else was widely considered a 10/10 and still is.

No. Fuck no. Stop, the ONLY part of WW I would ever consider 10/10 is the part where all the enemies begin moving again in Hyrule Castle and landing 500 hits on Orca. WW is one mildly tedious slog after the other from beginning to end, and the few other bright spots not mentioned are far too fleeting like the fire & ice islands.

96, keep seething

>96, keep seething
Baaabaaa

Can't really disagree, except swap Legend of Zelda with MM.

That would be my dream game. A new similar map but with a stronger narrative and around 7 really solid dungeons. Also hopefully they refine deterioration and cooking a bit.

Fuck off WWcuck, only BotWchads can do that.

every Zelda game is a "black sheep" on Yea Forums.

BotW is more respected than WW, TP and SS.

If they make cooking/eating require a time investment while potions can be used via menu, it'd solve a lot of cheese. I still dream of them using darkness in dungeons, having to pick two of light, shield, or a weapon, with the lamp being a mod game item with craftable oil. Having climbing walls be an option in a dungeon could be really cool.

SS is the only one that could legitimately hold that, people didn't like it when it released and they don't like it now

You forgot the ending monologues with Ganon, but overall I agree with you.

Can Zelda truly be called a fantastic franchise if it's split the fandom since 2000 and has remained that way for almost 20 years?

Retards just want to complain

According to them every single Zelda after LTTP "ruined the series"

I like all of them.

Attached: 1239089502969.jpg (512x384, 25K)

Yeah because I still like it, and even the Zelda games that I don't particularly care for are a cut above the vast majority of vidya, and I really don't give a shit what a bunch of fanboys think because they'd find a reason to moan even if the games were printed on solid platinum and gave you blowjobs

This

I really like Skyward Sword for what it was trying to do.
The sword play, dungeons and fucking Demise were fucking awesome

There hasn't been a (mainline) Zelda game that wasn't at least Okay, and the majority of them are excellent.

The reason people are so vocal about their opinions on the games is proof they're passionate about the series and also shows how different and fresh each installment is to get it's own mini-fanbase

>-Closest spiritual successor to the original game yet, embracing open adventure
Sure in the sense that under Aonuma Zelda moved away from focusing on exploration, but the way BotW handles exploration is so hugely, insanely different to Zelda I that to imply that BotW is a return to form for the series is asinine.
Zelda I is more like a classic adventure game, where the path forward is obscured and the only way to progress is to either cheat, or to thoroughly explore and experiment with every possible thing in every possible place. BotW meanwhile is more like an amusement park. The goal is presented to you at the very beginning, but you are free to explore the surrounding environment to your leasure. If you feel like it.
To put it more succinctly, BotW is a game wherein you explore, but Zelda I is a game entirely about exploration.

Attached: excuse me princess.jpg (320x240, 23K)

Based. So do I, each one has its strengths and weaknesses

Attached: 1540743163116.jpg (455x483, 42K)

You're alri-
>FSA