Is this game worth it?

It's 20% off on steam right now, and since it got a spot at evo the online community seems to be growing bigger every day. The sprites look cool, but what else does it do right?

Attached: under-night-in-birth-exe-latest-review-ps4-7-768x432.jpg (768x432, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ljRxl3lBXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bumping for interest

It's basically anime street fighter so take that as you will

literally just bought this game and I am installing now on PC. what's the scoop? any tips? what's the discord so I can find matches against fellow noobs?

It's easier to play than Blazblue or Guilty Gear imo. There's not a lot of gimmicky characters like Arakune or Rachel and the characters are more fundamentally solid. There's no air back dash and overall it's less mashy than Blazblue and Guilty Gear

FYI the game is 22 bucks on G2A right now, I would take up on that steal if I were you.

it has a unique system, it also has easy starter combos for every character, and it also has very unique playstyles and wide ranging character difficulties

go for it

>try to oki opponent
>they ALWAYS wake up super
>dont try to wake up opponent because predict above
>they get their turn back
I want to kill myself for my own failure to read

>discord
Literally google it
>PC
Hope you like download regions, 10 frames of lag, and not alt-tabbing.
>What's the scoop/any tips
Read the tutorial and do mission mode

It's also on sale on psn.

sounds good enough, havent played a 2d game since sf4 and umvc3, tekken is the only thing I play nowadays
is the ps4 community more active?
cool, thanks

Yea Forums mostly plays on ps4 in the lobby threads.

>is the ps4 community more active?
pc is more active for unist, guilty gear, and a few other niche games

PS4 guys have lobbies 5 days outta 7 around here while PC people have been steadily gaining more people after EVO bandwagons

>download regions
I haven't had to mess with this at all and I can see everyone and connect to everyone in the Americas
>10 frames
Are you sure they're close? Also the game's networking is bugged where the restrictions you set are ignored when auto-matching. The list you see when you custom search is accurate to those settings though.
>not alt-tabbing
Yeah, I agree, that shouldn't be a thing. I heard for toasters non-fullscreen runs better anyways.

On the flipside I hear reports of more input delay on PS4 netplay from my local community. At the very least VSync is a consideration when comparing PS4 to PC.

PC has a lot more players actually. I have both

I dunno, I hear wildly varying reports of PC connection quality being the same with the PSN in terms of being okay on good days and absolutely terrible when it isn't. I think PC has one less frame of input delay in that regard but I have no reason to invest in a PC version since my PC is shit

How many rooms are up in a time for West Coast people and how active is the ranked?

I haven't bought from G2A before.
Does it actually get money to the devs or does it get pocketed by the slavs or whoever runs the site?

>ranked
Slightly more alive thanks to EVO but you don't normally play ranked in anime fighters, you play in lobbies instead. Like 4 rooms sometimes but you don't really get to pick how many are up since it's still relatively small.

quite active, and I'm on west coast as well. the player numbers keep rising up due to the sale

I find ranked more active than lobsters. Adn you can fucking around in training mode waiting for a much.

I'm new as well and get matches every few minutes.

It's good timing I just started and there are alot of new people as well. I fought someone in ranked who had 1 win in 29 matches I felt kind of sorry for him.

i have been playing on a torrented version, thinking about buying the actual game for online... why don't ppl just direct connect on the torrent version? $30 is so much

Attached: yuzu2.png (550x750, 218K)

PC is for the most part comparable except for the whole not being able to see bars in ranked thing. There just happen to be a small selection of retards that seem to play on a combination of the worst internet and toaster possible on PC.

I thought it had a lot more players than the PS4 version though. That sounds about the same as the PS4 version.

>$30 is so much
You people are pathetic

maybe support a genre thats already dead enough as is?

link to torrent

>DUDE LOL JUST DROP $30 FOR A POTENTIALLY DEAD GAME XD

Attached: 1547725861449.jpg (750x980, 741K)

lmao fuck off, scum

because people arent faggots like you and are willing to spend 30 to support a good game they care about

You just gotta buy the PS4 and PC version bro so you have more players.

I'm going to pick it up next weekend. I want to main the onee-san with the katana.

dude lol just buy a ps4 to play the game xDDDD support the community lolzorz!

Attached: 1530128804881.jpg (1017x1438, 1.22M)

>I want to main the onee-san with the katana.
You and a bunch of other people.
And like 95% of those people gave up

thats why you do your research first by asking like I am you fucking moron

She's the easiest one so have fun.

youre on here asking for someone for a direct match which is exactly what youd do if the game has no one on it, which it doesnt. stop trying to justify your faggotry and just do what you need to do queer.

I've been using Ataksuki and his combos seem simple which is great since I'm garbage at long combos.

Attached: bonk.gif (100x100, 23K)

Yuzu a cute

Attached: yuzutanktop.jpg (903x1178, 117K)

no one told you to get the ps4 version with less people. seems like you cant read either.

dont post shitty art of my wife

Attached: yuzu walk FORWARD.gif (579x434, 108K)

Is there a particular reason for that?
Maybe I'll be a contrarian and pick a lesser used character.

That's the best UNI artist though.

They're close enough these days since both went on sale anyways. I think you'll have a slightly better chance of running into the few pro players that play ranked on PC though, if that matters.
Good luck. You'll need it.
>Icey

Attached: DyCZOObVYAAmckF.jpg large.jpg (2048x1976, 420K)

Highest skill ceiling, yuzuriha has been a godsend in warding off shitter waifufags by being difficult to play.

Attached: 1513577628472.png (127x116, 6K)

Honestly I already have the game on PS4. I got it for sale. But I'm thinking of buying it on PC so I can get more players. I'm still not sure if it's worth it.

PS4 should be having a surge of new players still. You do you

Don't let shills fool you

Like all anime games, UNIST features autistically long combos and a dead online that requires discord/lobby begging to get games going against opponents that vary in experience.

If you're used to matchmaking pitying you against other new players so you can learn and adapt slowly in other online games and genres, you'll regret getting this dead anime

Attached: 1547510964341.jpg (236x227, 9K)

also how balanced is it? I'm probably playing phonon so heres hoping shes good

The combos last like 5-6 seconds maybe 10 if they're using bar.

I make it a policy to never listen to frogposters and do the exact opposite of what they suggest so thanks, that's as good as a confirmation as I needed

Top Tier low effort victory

You realize the things that you complain about are what other people like. Complaining about long combos isn't a valid argument.

user.... this is literally a single combo... don't shit post. the game has autistically long combos

Attached: anon.png (828x619, 58K)

It probably isn't worth it then. The difference isn't huge.
I mainly double-dipped since I had the Japanese version on PS3 and wanted to go through chronicles mode in English and just stuck with playing on PC outside of Yea Forums lobbies.

if everyone has that mindset then hell yeah its gonna be a dead game
I am used to the 2k concurrent players tekken has but if this games good then I dont see a problem with discord matches
also I'm a sucker for long combos, thats why I loved kof13 and umvc3

>scrub with zero fighting game skill drops his hot opinion to make himself feel better about how shit he is.
no one cares

10 attacks in that.

>wanted to go through chronicles mode in English
Just YT it

who should I main if I play Alex guile and urien in sf?

>unist thread eats up bait
Man your threads suck, I thought you faggots were better than this

the girl with the biggest boobs, you fucking retard

Attached: DP0XwTgVAAAL2Nd.jpg (910x1620, 192K)

Vatista

just like alisa then, thats how I like it

Attached: overhead.png (245x369, 136K)

I have a propensity to take things too seriously because I have aspergers.

>tfw bought the game for Yuzu but enjoy a bunch of other characters too and stuck with it
Yuzu's my favorite design and I'll come back to her once I'm better at the game and want to pick up a zoner.
The zoners outside of Yuzu are probably the only characters in the game that don't do it for me.

>frog gets by my filter
>as usual, genuinely retarded and an absolutely low quality post
thanks for the advice, guess I'll pick the game up

Very broken game. Don't buy
youtube.com/watch?v=9ljRxl3lBXM

who cares, at least its just one retard and everyone else disagrees with him

Attached: unnamed.gif (342x342, 474K)

Seeing how there were two threads with Mika-posting today, something tells me they would have quit either way.

I always alt tab, I just play in windowed.

jiyuna is a bitch and this video only further proves that

The point isn't "long combo is always bad". The point, and the reality, is that long combo is a huge barrier to entry for kids that ask these "teehee should I buy dis game, da sprites look cool xD" questions.

People who have the potential and dedication to get into these games dont make zoomer posts like OP's

No need to pretend like you're getting the game

And even if you really are buying the game, you're only hurting yourself by wasting money on an anime fighter that you'll drop in a month. Acting like you're proving a point isn't doing damage to anyone but yourself.

I'm a complete noob to fighting, and the long combos are a setback yeah, but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. Also, stop nitpicking the OP, there's nothing wrong with what he asked.

Wanna play?

In like 20 minutes, sure.

How many noobs play UNIST? I don't want to play a dead game with sharks.

considering the game gained over 200 people after the evo announcement, I'd say quite a few

It's even more, looking at steam charts. 500 more people than before the EVO announcement at very peak hours. Still kinda dead during non-peak hours, but that's normal.
It seems to be steadily rising too, which is surprising.

I started it recently. I've been meaning to for a while, and the evo bump was the incentive I needed to actually follow through.
At the end of the day, I think most of unist's activity will be through locals, but if evo is successful it could bring in enough people to stay lively if you're willing to hop onto the discord.

I picked it up on PSN a week ago I've played around a hundred matches so far and I assume most of the people I played were also beginners. I have an 80% win rate with my character Linne.

It's 30$ chill

guys I'm doing the tutorial and have understood everything with ease up until I got to fuzzy guarding, specifically fuzzy counter. what is fuzzy guard/counter and how does it work?

No one knows

It's just some high level stuff used in tournaments. You don't need to worry about it.

Pretty much it's just timing things so you end up being able to block without actually reacting. For the Nanase example, you hold down back until after when the low would hit, before standing up. Since the timings are different, you end up being able to block both without actually reacting to the high.
Though, like the others said, don't worry too much about it for now.

Anyone wanna lobby right now? Can do either platform.

What's your region and square color?

>single combo
>each line ends with "ender"

Bait harder.

NA WC, blue on ps4, yellow on PC I believe. In-between beginner and advanced is my skill level I'd say.

>want to play a huge range character
>mika is the most fun in the cast

I guess I'll play Merkava some other day

Attached: __mika_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_es_shinda_hitomi__1aeaf18ddca1e442964e6338839de043.png (1652x1500, 614K)

what will be the peak hours tomorrow on PC? too tired to play tonight

Not that guy. I'm from Mexico, close to arizona, we could try on pc(or psn) if you want. Bought the game a few days ago and i've been playing whenever I can in the Yea Forums lobbies.

Great. Sounds like fun times are ahead. I could go for either or. Let's try PC first I suppose.

kw is gonna be pclobby, anyone else interested feel free on joining as well!

Attached: 1550420181581.png (600x600, 167K)

holy shit pyro

It's more like anime KOF to be honest

Yeah, I don't know how that happened either, hahaha.

Who has bigger boobs though? Hilda and Yuzu look very close.

Vatista is loli robot Guile. Mika is a pseudo-grappler like Alex and equally shit, I don't know enough about Seth.

i dont really like it, i got bored before i learned it properly and i dont like watching it either. GRD system is whack and matches seem to be a one sided blowout or a timeout snooze.

I'm trying to play Hyde and Merkava keeps wrecking my shit, is there something I can do about it or is it just a fucked match up?

>matches seem to be a one sided blowout or a timeout snooze.
This can be either a bad match-up or a clearly higher skill player blowing a lower skill player out of the water.

Did you remember to hold down back and D?

>It's not just me
Nice

have you tried DPing him when he goes airborne?

Or using the ground fire move that can hit from distance. I think Hyde has a few tools to deal with Merkava.

you can fullscreen fireball and the only option he has is the long range telegraphed hitgrab or flying in which you can dp on reaction as there's no air block
other than that all your sword attacks do chip so just practice your blockstrings and keep him on lockdown

>want to main Eltnum because cute+gun
>primer says she requires constant execution
>only other fighting game experience is DBFZ and SFV which are have simple execution requirements
can't wait to hate myself for dropping all my combos or missing hit confirms

Attached: 1459208464585.jpg (170x234, 14K)

I'm a beginner and went with Eltnum. She's not too bad with simple things outside of having to whiff attacks in the middle of some combos.
Her normal buttons are pretty easy to use and confirm off too.

I just started playing unist with her and I gotta say that outside of a couple micro dashes here and there, she isn't as bad as people make it out to be(for the most part).

You can keep doing really basic and easy things while you keep working on your execution, you don't need those 3.5k+ damage combos when you star.

Just remember that building execution is not about grinding 24/7, is about being constant a doing it every day for like 10 minutes.

play Hyde like a zoner

Actually when I think about it, dropping combos with her is extremely punishing.

Carmine is such false advertising
>Looks like an unga bunga character
>Is actually very big brained

java's one weakness: throws

Am I a bad person for learning the game with Wagner, Eltnum, and Akatsuki?

Attached: 1510128455326.gif (499x341, 999K)

So it would seem, haha. Wish I could tech better myself too.

Play who you wanna play, don't mind others' opinions on the character.

Does it count as a win if you play an easy character or just half of a win?

I'm working on it, but yeah, I'm pretty bad at it rip. That and really bad spacing on my part are a couple things I HAVE to work on. Along with better blockstrings and pressure.

Gg's to everyone. Thanks for the games, had lots of fun. Fun surprise to find a lobby at this time, hope to see you guys around.

Attached: 1406243916146.png (176x176, 38K)

Why would you possibly think that.

An easy character won't beat someone who knows how to play.

Learn who you want. Every character still has their neutral options and you'll still need to develop your fundamentals and learn your matchups.

I think the worst thing you can do in this game while learning Wagner is her combo that involves the overhead. Everyone does it their first try and it gets punished hard, especially by characters like Yuzu.

Wait, is her 6C punishable on block?

ggs pyro, thanks for teaching this noob a few things

Attached: 1543550148149.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

GGs PC lobby. Gotta to get in alot of good Enkidu playing in on some fun matchups and play some fun Linne against everyone else's great characters. Thanks for joining up!

GGs. Had fun seeing some neat combo setups with that ex grab-in move, definitely caught me on multiple occasions. Hope to see ya next time too! if you're also on PS4 I go by sai.

GGs man. You sure adapted pretty well to playing with those footsies and definitely have alot of neat tricks I could learn a thing or two about wall pressure. In particular I definitely need to practice throw teching. Good stuff. Hope to see ya in future matches too!

Attached: 1551168103448.jpg (662x982, 78K)

Oh yeah and congrats on getting your yellow square Scoops (at least I believe it was yellow).

no