What are Shantae's chances of getting into Smash Ultimate's roster via the Fighter Pass and if not that, the next Smash?

What are Shantae's chances of getting into Smash Ultimate's roster via the Fighter Pass and if not that, the next Smash?

Attached: Shantae Spirit Smash Bros..jpg (2001x1125, 284K)

and 0

None
There's better choices

0 for both since by the time the next smash comes around everyone will have moved on to the next flavor of the month indie

Attached: rtwkvnlvu8ly.png (560x896, 263K)

if nontendo is going to drag the fuck out of ultimate and make mutliple "seasons" of fighter passes then she'd probably be high up for the 3rd or 4th pack
if not then i really couldn't tell you where the next smash is going, if nintendo doesn't want to try and get the bigger third parties again she'd probably be the biggest one that wouldn't cost assloads to get in

>implying they wouldn't be able to get easy choices like Travis or Astral Chain

Attached: 8ae957ed13240a47ed5123a12eb7a384.jpg (1000x870, 73K)

Frisk is more likely than Shantae at this point

obviously they'd be on the table and higher up, but shantae just seems like she's at the crosspoint of being popular but not in high enough demand that wayforward would be square-enix level bitches about putting her in
she's probably only in-game in the first place because bozon himself begged daily for even a jpeg or her in
depending on how ubisoft's relationship stays rayman is a good candidate too, hell im somewhat expecting ezio this time around seeing as how rayman already got spiritcucked too

unless there is a ballot any time soon, she won't appear on Nintendo's radar, other indies have come out since the ballot that have already outsold her shit on Nintendo's platforms, they have the actual statistics of how big she really is.

Attached: sakuraisan.png (867x246, 35K)

none. Shovel Knight as an assist trophy is all you're getting.

>they have the actual statistics
They don't know shit. I guarantee fan polls are more accurate to what people actually want.

What I mean is that Nintendo actually has sales data for Shantae's series(they do for all of the games on the eshop), they'd be able to see if these requests are just a very vocal minority and would be able to eliminate her from the running based on that alone

and yet none of them are in Smash currently.

man people really exaggerate how big Shantae is don't they? bitch couldn't even get a t-shirt in Travis Strikes Again, what makes you think she could be playable in Smash?

Attached: Dri9EUUVsAAGHXo.jpg (1200x754, 261K)

Indie characters don't deserve to be in Smash.

>and yet none of them are in Smash currently.
man every time someone talks about how shantae gets outsold by rando indies every day, they have to pull this line out don't they...

fpbp

I wonder what yours and others' arguments against Shantae would change to if she DID get in against all these other "better selling" indies.

NEVER EVER WAIFUFAG

Attached: D1pkTbkWkAYQfyl.png (650x650, 104K)

Frisk cant work.

an annoying vocal fanbase wouldn't shut up about a niche series until they got what they want? Shantaefags are on the level of Issacfags, but even then Issac's shit at least passed 1 million, PC barely managed to break 100k

f&spbp

>proof: you ass

Shantae has one of the best chances out of all indies due to having something few of them have...an actual fucking series consisting of more than one game.

>"better selling"
why do you have to put this in quotes, it's literally true, Hollow Knight outsold Half Genie Hero on Switch alone in less than 2 weeks. Hell, the knight has a better chance than Shantae at this point considering the sequel is Switch exclusive

HAHA SO YOU THOUGHT FUCKER

Attached: HollowKnight.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Why the fuck would you want indieshit instead of first-party characters?

no it doesnt considering Rex and Springman were considered too late.

>too bad Hollow Knight itself came out too late to register on Smash's radar.

neither can isabelle
oh wait

it's basically a proven fact that indies only have traction in the smash community because the people that talk about this shit on the internet grew up in a time where Nintendo had shit 3rd party support outside of indies, and also at a time where Nintendo barely uses a majority of their first party ips. Because of this, the only option they really have for a nintendo associated character is an indie character. This is proven by the fact that the announcement of Doom on Switch made Doom Guy more requested than Shantae almost immediately

Attached: 1538672584665.png (1920x2700, 3.15M)

Idk.

I want Lip, Jill Dozer, Saki, Adeleine, Impa, Dixie, and Chibi-Robo alot but I just want Shantae more due to wanting her series to get more recognition.

this is in hypothetical to the next smash, not dlc season. Even then Shantae having a last minute spirit is pretty damning evidence to say she WON'T be in since why would they bother including the spirit at all if she was going to be DLC? why not just wait until her DLC was out to put it in?

Screencapping for in the event Shantae gets in and Doomguy doesnt so you'll realize how retarded you sound.

>still building a screencap collection after you guys got destroyed
this is just embarrassing

Attached: Bubsy-The-Woolies-Strike-Back.png (1920x1080, 2M)

why did they bother making trophies for Mewtwo and Lucas if they were going to be added as DLC in Smash 4? Remember how people shat themselves when people saw they had trophies in Smash 4?

another screencap.

>Isaac has the most votes but only gets 2nd
>Lloyd Irving in 4th place, beating out Sora, Skull Kid, Paper Mario, Rayman, Crash, Rex, and Waddle Dee
I agree with your point but I don't feel like this image is very accurate

they reused models from the games, and the DLC for smash 4 was planned as it was happening, the DLC for Smash Ult. has been locked in for a long while(don't fucking say "BUT SAKURAI'S TWEET" Nintendo had the 5 picked the instant the roster was decided and if you don't think they did you're delusional).

dumbass it getting announced for Switch didnt really effect shit.

it was a bracket thing, the placements are based on who they beat in their brackets, not total votes

>someone says they want doom in smash before Doom Switch
>HE'S NOT ON NINTENDO ANYMORE HE'S NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!
>Doom comes to Switch
>HE'S FUCKING IN, BETHESDA TALKED TO NINTENDO, HE'S IN GUYS!!!!!!! DOOM IS COMING!!!!!!!

user those people are idiots, on both sides of the argument. Doom is a prolific and iconic series that defined the FPS genre and is resonsible for how it is today. It absolutely had chances of getting before Doom was ported to Switch.

At least Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy were our first three DLC characters besides Ryu

Meanwhile we have Joker announced and a Dragon Quest character 99% confirmed thanks to the "Brave" datamine, and what do you know, they're both characters with no notable presence in the base game. It's not a good sign.

I'm saying it affected how smash fans started viewing the character, not their actual chances. you could say the 90% of the characters that people argue about have much lower odds than the fanbase gives them credit for, but in context to how the fanbase sees them, it's a different story.

/thread

by that logic after Roy we shouldve got more veterans.

how?

>the devs hyped themselves over a png getting into smash

Attached: thumb.png (800x450, 359K)

>Fighter pass
doubt it, if she was to be DLC they wouldn't have made her a spirit, if they do another pass it's possible, but i think not.
>Next game
this depends on if another game comes out and how it preforms, if WF puts out something amazing she has a chance, if they don't i doubt it's happening.

Attached: 1535118083247s.jpg (125x125, 4K)

>Matt Bozon tried to start a DLC campaign and then Sakurai immediately tweeted something telling rosterfags to stop bothering him

Attached: 465259.jpg (250x238, 19K)

Mario is already in Smash.

Mewtwo and Lucas.

Mewtwo and Lucas are a completely different beast since they literally took 0 effort to make(90% of both of their movesets were already in the game in some form of custom moves or regular moves for other characters), it's the same reason Roy was able to come back too.

I recent;y came to the prediction that the next Smash Bros is going to be a 3D fighter and not 2D.

Speaking of which. Reimu is the strongest indie choice, and I fully believe no indie will become playable before her.

Honestly Shantae getting a png like this is a pretty decent position for her to be.

Listen I know you still want Shantae, Shovel Knight, Sans, Isaac and Genos to be full on fighters but it's clear we fuckers are operating on a very different wavelength from Sakurai and his team.

this first pass was locked in prior to launch, so i doubt we'll see any spirits become fighters in it. i'd love to be wrong but i'm not convinced by returning veterans, especially considering piranha plant didn't have a spirit.
i think she only has a chance in a hypothetical second pass, and even then there are plenty of bigger names in line.
much as i want her i can't believe she's likely.

Attached: 1545477109988.png (1373x1375, 1.89M)

>they genuinely thought she won the ballot because of strawpoll results

Attached: f1c3dd2bcb47f86e495060beda3aeb58--disney-love-disney-stuff.jpg (736x1104, 105K)

She never had a chance. Her "history with Nintendo" is just an exaggeration made by her fanatics.

Maybe if Shantae had an epic quality game, Sakurai would care enough to add her in, but Wayforward finds solace in its mediocrity and simple branding of Shantae alone. And of course the pandering to waifufaggotry and chronic masturbators.

this argument always bugged me... the GBC game is literally known for flopping, the devs admit it flopped, everyone and their mother knows how rare the game is because it flopped so hard. But her fans genuinely tried to convince people that her GBC game was so important like how can you pretend to like a series if you don't even know THAT.

Attached: 1511579889034.jpg (640x640, 73K)

>Fighter Pass
1 in 1000
>the next Smash?
1 in 10000

>Amaterasu 9th

based and sunpilled

It flopped because Capcom fucking sat on their asses in getting it out onto shelves.

it wouldn't have done much better coming out right next to the release of Pokemon gen 2, heck that's probably why Capcom held onto it.

My fucking God I do not understand even 9 years later why this board has such an obsession with Smash Brothers as if it's the Pinnacle of fighting games. it's a casual party game they should not take seriously bad only care about it because it has a cameo or a character you like but you actually don't care about fighting games.

Its the same shit over over and mechnically even watered down by the creator on purpose lmao.

Attached: 1465167347806.jpg (750x765, 121K)

don't give a shit about this post, but that girl is cute and has nice thighs. okay now get out

Attached: 1551846632664.jpg (850x892, 91K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: Cuphead-copie-vendute-4.jpg (1000x1000, 157K)

Why do anti-Smashfags seethe so much? This can't be healthy for you

how would that even work? and why not just put in the contra guys instead?

Attached: example-24846.jpg (1024x1024, 61K)

Exactly. How can anyone say that "Shantae's been around for 16 years" or "Shantae started on the GBC" like it's something worth praising over? Shantae's debut game bombed so hard, she fell to obscurity for 8 years. She completely skipped out on the GBA era. Where was Nintendo during those eight years? They seemed way more interested in Shovel Knight when that game took off then they ever did with Shantae.

>how would that even work?
Nintendo is partnering with Microsoft. New Cuphead DLC is coming out. Port the game to Switch and add Cuphead as DLC to promote the game. "Get the Cuphead Smash DLC and buy the new Cuphead to get the expansion for free!" or some shit. It's probably not likely but it's a possibility.

>low skill floor so you can play it even if you're completely braindead
>still technically a competitive game with a high skill ceiling so scrubs can feel good simply for playing it
add in a ton of autism and presto you've got Smash

Because mentioning that something started on a Nintendo console makes it sound better when you don't add, "and all her other games are multi-plat".

Capcom sat on it for 8 months, delaying it until after the GBA came out. combining that with the fact that the cartridges were more expensive due to their higher memory, and it being a new IP with a female lead, and a flop is unsurprising.
it didn't fail for a lack of quality, when i emulated it the only complaint i had was FOV, but that was a technical limitation. the game was fun enough to convince me to play the rest of the series, and it makes me wish more people would give it a chance.

Attached: 1543647760343.png (969x825, 381K)

>Nintendo is partnering with Microsoft.
that's all rumors and speculation and most of that shit fell through. one of the insiders that said game pass was coming took it back, and now Switch users are losing crossplay on Fortnite with Xbox. I don't doubt a cuphead port since other MS games are coming like Hellblade, but assuming anything more than that is expecting too much

Like I said it isn't likely, and Nintendo is making all the DLC decisions iirc. They might try something like that strictly for business purposes

>new IP with a female lead
please, this is a non issue that WF uses to hide the fact that they had no idea how to market the game... the game literally would've sold better if they just changed the boxart.

The same as my chances of burying my dick in Zero Suit Samus

What is Nanako's chances for appearing in Smash?

Attached: confirmed for smash.jpg (1370x2048, 544K)

I don't understand why tripfags think anyone gives a shit about their opinion.

I love Cuphead, but no other indie franchise can really compare to Touhou's legacy. Consider that and the fact that Cuphead has competition with Microsoft characters like Steve or Banjo.

If you're looking for an indie rep, Reimu is the purest form of indie you can get, as her franchise has lasted this long and is still owned by a single person instead of a corporation.

Attached: FPBP.jpg (171x218, 14K)

i'm going off interviews where they claimed everybody they pitched the idea to wanted them to make shantae a side character to a male protagonist for marketing reasons. they claim a reason they didn't make it an SNES game was due to having trouble finding a publisher for the above reason.
it's what i've got, if you have a better source go ahead and share, i'd like to know how changing the boxart would have helped a game on a dead handheld or if even that wouldn't have saved it.

Attached: 1546062879570.png (660x660, 134K)

Two pics of the same person.
XD

what are my chances of smashing Nanako?

because the boxart tells you literally nothing, you have no idea what you are getting from the boxart, all you know is that it's called shantae and there's a purple haired girl. The main appeal of the game is supposed to be the adventure and transformations, but you don't get that sense from the box at all. The box is supposed to draw people in, but they literally did nothing to draw people in and just assumed it would sell. Later Shantae games do a much better job at this(probably because WF actually has marketers now).

Attached: 479427-shantae-half-genie-hero-ultimate-edition-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 140K)

First of all...

Shantae is garbage. The series is weak and clinging to the faint smell of nostalgia in older gamers. Shantae herself is an unremarkable character, and while I think smash is full of unremarkable fighters, Shantae is obscure as fuck. Again, you been 50+ years old with poor taste does not warrant a Shantae appearance.

Attached: ray-liotta-laughing-in-goodfellas-laugh-828190630.jpg (492x346, 46K)

what the fuck did most boxarts in that era do?

BASED

Close to nil. After Ultimate's roster and DLC, almost anyone in video games is up for grabs but that just means a million other characters are likely to get in over heere.

Attached: 1538103472895.png (800x950, 232K)

The Spirit is enough.

Don't push it.

well you have to understand what your main appeal is. Metroid 2's box has a focus on samus in a desolate land because you are exploring a desolate land as a badass bounty hunter, Mario Land has mario running in a super packed and colorful world, Frog Bell(which has the same basic gimmick as Shantae) showcases everything you need to know about the game

Attached: for_the_frog_the_bell_tolls.jpg (350x401, 52K)

I'd be down just for a stage and some of the music, imagine Floral Fury in smash

And Shantae's boxart doesn't express that its a cute series full of colorful characters?

I don't know how Shantaefags manage to be even more delusional than Isaacfags with their shitty waifu from a shitty game.

not the GBC one

Attached: Shantae-cover.jpg (250x250, 19K)

Shut up Boco, you're one letter away from "Bolo".

shantae's boxart expresses that it has shantae in it.

Attached: just shantae.jpg (225x225, 12K)

I'd argue it is using a minimalistic approach, not many games at the time had a leading female character front and center that was clearly feminine in design. outside like Ms. Pacman

Attached: 1446698753825.png (1289x305, 91K)

Its a shame the art hadn't evolved at that point, yet. She's not as cute.

And a million times worse.

a lot of boxart of the time didn't communicate much, the information was on the back if it wasn't an established IP.
it wasn't amazing, but i doubt it did much damage especially compared to being one of the last games on a handheld whose successor had recently come out with established IP releases.
ultimately nobody really gave it a chance, whether due to timing or boxart, and i dislike that.

Attached: Wario_Land_2_GBC_NA_cover.jpg (399x397, 162K)

but that's not how you sell copies my guy... some random kid isn't going to be like "ohh nice minimalist approach capcom, MOMMY BUY ME THIS GAME" they'll just skip right past it.

>old monkey is cranky he's not good nough for Smash

who the fuck is shantae?

i would have rather seen kermit deliver the bantz to shantaefags

this boxart still does a better job because it makes Wario look like he's moving quickly and charging towards action. Shantae's box is quite literally just her sitting there.

You're fucking retarded if you genuinely believe that at this point. Fucking piranha plant. What the fuck.

but Yea Forums fucking screams about how Shantae is nothing but waifubait. Whats going to get some ten year old more interested then a cute waifu girl on the cover dressed in exotic clothing?

Let's hope some of us spirits gets some love. I wouldnt mind if we both got in.

Attached: 1552709125201.png (196x197, 39K)

>Chibi-Robo
>relevant

>i think she only has a chance in a hypothetical second pass

Pretty much this. I would love to see her playable, but if we're going by realistic choices for Smash DLC she's stuck behind much more popular characters. Shantaefags should be proud though, they were able to drum up enough noise to get a somewhat obscure indie character into motherfucking Smash Bros.

Attached: 26.jpg (869x920, 172K)

I cant even think of specials for Frisk

Piranha Plant's all make sense.

This guy summed it up pretty well. Shantaefags need to fuck off.

Geno would be cool due to timed hits and all those crazy special moves of his.

>Sakurai inputs a frame 1 timed hit on Geno Whirl that does max damage.

Crankyfags need to die like the monkey they support.

Ha, cute picture.

And yeah, there was a 95 to 98 percent likelihood of her not getting a single mention in Smash, so we should take this as a win and be happy.

Here is your answer Why is the thread still up?

Shantae will never be in smash, faggot.

kids don't want one waifu, they want to see what their options are. You have any idea how many kids played rando RPGs and had their first vidya crush be that one rando party member that gets literally 0 art made of her? kids don't pick up the game for a waifu.
And either way, her series is still pretty waifu baity for older audiences who have more money to burn, kids wouldn't understand that side of it.

Attached: Sage.(Dragon.Quest.III).full.306431.jpg (652x1233, 385K)

No one bothers to ever answer this properly but even if it took little effort why did they bother to make trophies for Mewtwo and Lucas in Smash 4?

That and ten year old boys probably still think girls are icky.

because the DLC was planned at the literal last second of Smash 4's development. before the Wii U version was even out they barely had a 3D model of Mewtwo ready. In Ultimate's case, we had the first character basically completely complete.

>Shantae defies all logic and actually GETS REVEALED as part of the Fighter Pass.

>Yea Forums explodes from total confusion

>I laugh while making BTFO threads for weeks.

please let this happen Sakurai.

i agree that the boxart didn't help sales, but i still assert the timing did the most damage.
either way we're just deliberating on the exact reason nobody gave the game a chance, which is pretty much pointless outside e-points now.

Attached: 1551078818396.jpg (768x576, 61K)

you just want people to hate you don't you

Attached: 3d-man-stop-symbol-27357481.jpg (1173x1300, 86K)

do i spy with my eyes...
a seething shantaefag?

Attached: cronk.png (512x421, 243K)

Isn't that the primary directive here on Yea Forums?

Attached: Dawn is perplexed.png (198x247, 20K)

Do i spy a monkey that shits on his son even though he's done fuckall for years while his son goes out to save their bananas/island numerous times? Literally all he did was climb scaffolding four times, get btfo by a fat man and then got captured and had to get rescued by his son.

Grandson.

>son
this guy doesn't even know his Kong lore

Attached: kroolshiggy.jpg (293x296, 22K)

Never + Ever

Based.

>Nintendo actually has sales data for Shantae's series(they do for all of the games on the eshop), they'd be able to see if these requests are just a very vocal minority and would be able to eliminate her from the running based on that alone
If that was the case Bayonetta would absolutely not be the "Number 1 pick in Europe" because her games flopped there on all the systems.

uhhhDK64 he calls him son.

checkmate faggots.

Uhhhh the devs confirmed that was a mistake after the fact and Cranky calls modern DK his grandson literally everywhere else. :)

Attached: 1547657488470.png (1280x720, 714K)

Shantae has more of a chance than Shovel Knight, Quote, and Commander Video and definitely The Knight.

>Bubsy

you'll never amount to anything.

fpbp

The only indie character worth getting in Smash is one that can surpass such a pitiful status

Attached: block man.png (271x258, 61K)

Shantae?

Shantae is the biggest forced meme on Yea Forums. I would literally never know about this fucking shit if Yea Forums didn't whine and cry about it 24/7.

60%
and 90%

13%
52%

shut up