Halo on Steam and Windows Store starting with Reach

Have you forgiven 343 Industries?

Attached: halo-reach-master-chief-collection-pc-announcement-plans.jpg.optimal.jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-pc-halo-reach
youtube.com/watch?v=gsWyLwj6r2k
youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ
halo.fandom.com/wiki/Mjolnir_Powered_Assault_Armor/Mark_V(B)
youtu.be/X4jfvddi45M
youtube.com/watch?v=X9sdwpbL4kc&t=32s
armorwatcher.com/armory
youtube.com/watch?v=e_cRZ24BVKM
twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1105609637489840128?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=80kVYPAx4js
youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88
youtube.com/watch?v=e5NsXFAIqeY
halopedia.org/UNSC_Navy#Vessels
youtube.com/watch?v=36hTq2soGDE
youtube.com/watch?v=8CqJNe_Uynk
youtube.com/watch?v=DGKHI7YaESY
youtube.com/watch?v=a_6cVfZgEZk
youtube.com/watch?v=eN_tD5y6k6s
youtube.com/watch?v=NEs3Muaq-kk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No because they have nothing to do with publishing decisions. I'll forgive them or not based on the port quality being shit or not.

I'm glad this is happening but 5 is still an atrocity and I am not looking forward to Infinite

No, MCC is still shit on Xbone. Anyone that says it's fixed is either a shill or a moron.

>charging for each individual title

nah

I never had an issue with them to start.

5's MP and forge are great

The campaign is utter trash though and having no splitcreen is unexusable, so I still wouldn't tell people to buy it despite that

i still vividly remember 4

so no, i have not forgiven them.

i will buy reach and especially firefight, god i love firefight.

5's multiplayer is spastic shit that encourages holding forward

>playing halo on PC
>ever
sexbox or gtfo

Attached: 1513125129509.jpg (1280x1007, 152K)

Are you honestly not expecting this to be a giant shitshow?

Sure I want Halo on PC to, but I am sitting back and watching first. I bought MCC when it first came out and a Bone to play with my buds, but the game was completely broken and nearly unplayable. After a month of frustration I never touched it or my xbone again. Not falling for Halo hype anymore. If the games come out and they're functional and have ALL their content, sure, but I'm letting you guys be the carnies for this.

first two games did come out on PC you know

>, but the game was completely broken and nearly unplayable.
what does that mean? Terrible netcode? the game runs poorly? some weird gameplay changes not in the originals? What do you mean?

damn son

I fucking hope it isn't combat evolved anniversary

>nearly impossible to find games, even on day 1
>constantly kicked out of parties with the friends I was trying to play with
>terrible lag with half the games
>most of the multiplayer modes were absent

No,
"What have you done for me lately" comes to mind

Attached: 505px-HiryuuSchool.png (505x800, 285K)

I'm going to wait to see how the game actually tuns out on pc before making final judgements, but the fact that 343, and Microsoft as a whole, greenlight this idea shows a lot of promise.

Attached: 1355533942964.jpg (840x540, 347K)

WHERE DA SPARTAN WIMMIN AT?

Attached: keklhar.jpg (350x350, 22K)

4 and 5 were fucking trash so no.

>he wants halo reach, 1, 2, odst, and 4
cringe

Attached: __halo_game_drawn_by_ericsakura__73dda021936337713659570b84bb5a76.jpg (960x1280, 333K)

You missed the point.

Attached: 1542586286012.jpg (1920x1200, 1.44M)

>Gatling over the Gauss
2/10 would not ride

Why do you have sort of human Warthog transformer abomination saved to your HDD?

Attached: 1551896214780.png (374x376, 221K)

I thought the same thing, honestly.

MM was broken for some people, and parties didn't work. Servers and hit detection were fine when you were in a match.

>Playing an FPS on a console

Attached: 42352613_10217524541606934_2378109111028940800_n.jpg (960x688, 49K)

Same reason I have this saved.

Attached: 1449595934037.png (918x889, 526K)

>starting with Reach
Says who?

Those poor souls that play as Elites on PC

But this is acceptable and of high quality.

Thanks, user.

Attached: 1536217905965.jpg (1125x750, 193K)

Good to know I'll never need a new game again.

Attached: 1312581509826.png (500x313, 216K)

Any release date yet? I want it bad.

No. This only means they're out of money and Halo Infinite will be even worse than 5.

I have been playing 2 on PC recently and that head hitbox on the elites just makes them die instantly any time they lose shields, at least the Spartans have those broad shoulders to make it hard to headshot from behind

>all these random anons hating on 4
>they will never know how kino Dominion was

One of the best halo multiplayer modes of all time. If they upped the player count to 30+ people on each team, it might have even reached Battlefield levels of fun.

Attached: NO FUN.jpg (488x516, 92K)

They're really pushing this, feels like it might end up on the Switch as well when they launch Live for it.

I mean, to an extent that's a legit criticism, it does encourage running around and aggressive play a lot, but let's be real, Halo has always been sort of sluggish. To an extent that's a good thing, it's a lot more tactical then other FPS's, but having a faster game pace, animations, killtimes, etc is still something it does benefit from in 5.

More importantly, is the fact 5's guns actually shoot straight, and more then just the token precision weapon is viable and worth using/.

see
How does the weapon balance differ on PC vs COnsole due to the fact that mice are a thing? Is the BR even more stupidly OP on Halo 2 Vista/Cartographer then it is on Xbox?

I never really got into domnion, but Regicide was one of the few things 4 got right.

Attached: Built for Sangheili breeding.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

>How does the weapon balance differ on PC vs COnsole due to the fact that mice are a thing?
never actually played Halo 2 before last month but because of mice aiming you just die any time you lose shields unless you are having a BR fight with some guy on the opposite side of blood gulch. I think its more fun that way though since having to aim for headshots disguises the fact that Halo's moon shoes make him to slow to dodge body shots at any range. The tanks on Gauss turrets become competently broken though and any time someone finds one they get a free killtacular. Still not as bad as the Sniper Rifle in CE was since now you can contest it with team work due to native BR spawns

>How does the weapon balance differ on PC vs COnsole due to the fact that mice are a thing?
If the game doesn't have any sort of bullet magnetism, every weapon is exactly as difficult to use as the sniper while taking many more shots.

I'll forgive 343i when they make a good Halo game, re-mastering and re-releasing Bungie's doesn't count.

Any word on whether or not it will have local co op?

Why would I forgive 343 for games they didn't make? Halo 4 and 5 are both fucking garbage.

This is a girl, right?

ODST was $5 on xbone, m8, they aren't gonna charge you that much for each game. Plus there's no reason to buy 4 anyway.

Source on that

>custom game browser
>trash compactor
>jenga
>fat kid
>hide and seek
>fort knox
>tunnel rats
>concrete sky
>stairway to heaven
>miles

Literally the announcement post.
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-pc-halo-reach
>Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4 will each be available for individual purchase within MCC as they become available. And each game will evolve and grow over time with community input.

first of all only halo 3 zoomers care all that much because the first 2 games are on PC and nobody gave a shit and secondly it's Splash damage and Ruffian games handling the PC ports not 343
>halo 3 was my childhood xDDD

they'll probably have an option to buy them all and just get added as they are released like a season pass for dlc or something and make buying them all individually cost a little more

Yes

Attached: cortana halo 4.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

I forgave 343i after 5 was an amazing game and they showed their continued support to MCC, there’s no real reason to hate them now

So no Xbox play anywhere?

>5 was an amazing game

Attached: Halo 5.webm (853x480, 2.67M)

Invasion was leagues better and didn’t come with the CoD bloat, fuck off 4fag

TOMORROW BOYS COMING ON HOME

aren't spartan 4s just glorified odsts, what the fuck is this

I expected the webm to cut into gameplay at some point

While over the top, that scene is the first time in the history of the series that Spartans actually moved like Spartans in game

This but I never really hated them, I felt Halo 4's campaign was an improvement after Halo: Reach, even though it didn't touch Halo CE-3, and I felt Halo 5's multiplayer was an improvement after Halo: Reach and Halo 4, even though Halo CE-3 had better multiplayers so while they made me mad in some areas I never hated them, I think some hate them today because they either started with Halo 2 or 3, or they're Reachbabbies and feel they need to fit in by defending Bungie when we didn't even defend Bungie like this from 2001-2010.

No, they are 343's oc donut steel ""spartans"" who are about as strong as S-IIs but without going through all their hardships and years of training

Not him, no one is saying it was amazing campaign wise because it wasn't but it was fun multiplayer wise.

4s receive some augmentations and similar armor to 2s, any 4 would shit on an ODST just like John did

Wait a minute this thing is a cutscene and not some promo trailer os something?

Attached: 1520297690173.jpg (600x600, 31K)

Halo 5 was written by a Marvel comic book writer and it shows.

>have you forgiven 343 for porting good games in the shittest manner possible
No, fuck 343 they can't make a good game to save their lives the pricks

Imagine opening your game up like this and then going "Oh yeah cortana's alive and she's ebil and you only get to paly mastur chef in 3 missions, hope you liek based black man lol xd."

Oh I’d definitely rate 2 and 3 above 5, but 5 was a marked improvement over the last half decade of Halo multiplayer and finally set the series on a good path for the future by removing the bloat Reach and 4 introduced

imagine caring about halo in 2019

How would you guys rank all the Multiplayers (1/2/2 Remastered/3/4/Reach) and campaigns (1/2/3/ODST/4/Reach) in the collection?

Attached: 1457390896512.jpg (685x388, 88K)

No.

Is there any actual legitimacy to people thinking it's coming tomorrow

Halo 3/reach comming to PC is the last chance for PC custom communities to make a comeback. I don't like Halo but it's the only chance I have left

Essentially yeah, bit more augmented than a ODST as per for a Spartan, but not even close to the level of god hood as a SPARTAN-II.
Lore wise, Chief should have crushed Locke in their 1v1,

PC fags don't deserve Halo

A lot of people think that since Reach was sort of announced separately that we're going to get it first, and tomorrow they're going to announce the date. There's no way in hell we're getting Halo 1 before November though.

Multiplayer:
3 > 2 > 2 remastered > CE > Reach > 4

Single player:
2 > 3 > Reach > CE > 4

>he doesn't want ODST
Yikes

What makes 3 the best?

I couldn't agree more.

Actually lore wise spartan 4's are as good if not better than spartan 3's

Official Halo Tier List
No buts.This is it boys.

Attached: 1552506713993.png (1070x898, 736K)

MP: 3>2>2A>Reach>1>4
Campaign: 2A>1A>Reach>3>4

Spartan IV armor works on some retarded double think that makes no sense.

>Spartan IIs are the only humans capable of operating their variant of the Mjolnir armor because of their specific augmentations. Any other human would literally tear their muscles and demolish their bones attempting to do so
>Spartan IVs don't get anywhere near the same does of augmentation juice, it's basically slightly improved Spartan III augmentations
>B-BUT THEIR SUITS ARE MORE ADVANCED AND THAT ALLOWS THEM TO MOVE AND THINK AS FAST AS SPARTAN IIS WITHOUT ANY INJURY!

Spartan 3s, not Spartan 2s...

I want justice for my boy Mdama, built up through novels and comics and Halo 4's Spartan Ops, as a badass elite strategist and leader one step ahead of everyone else. Killed in the opening mission of Halo 5, in a cutscene.

The fuck was that weak ass shit.

Attached: Jul Mdama.jpg (220x278, 13K)

Swap odst and Reach and I agree.

Means I can give 4 a fucking wide berth though

>Matchmaking would almost never work, and even if it did you had a large chance of getting booted due to terrible netcode or being placed on a team by yourself
>No way to actually play what you wanted. Each playlist aggregated each of the 4 included games, meaning you had to vote between which one you wanted to play. End result was 4 getting picked 80% of the time
>Game parameters were incorrectly loaded, such as still having vehicles or shields in SWAT
>Emblem customization didn't work
>UI was clunky
>Severe lack of game modes

I'm getting my hopes up too high for that sunday release. But what else could they possibly have to talk about regarding MCC on PC, we already know plenty except just the release date.

Spartan 3s are significantly worse than 2s though

For me, it’s the good mix of gameplay and enjoyable custom games. Reach is technically better on the forge side of things but you couldn’t pay me to play Reach again and 4 was just hot garbage all around

Seethe more console cuck

What about 5?

>technological advancements happen over the period of half a decade when humanity can focus on doing what it wants instead of pure survival
Whoa what double think

guy you replied too, i went on a wiki dive real quick and apparently 4s are actually roughly equal to 2s when wearing armour.
Out of armour it wouldn’t be even fair.

This unironically looks like it was taken from a capeshit movie.

you might get so disagreements wit reach but overall I’d agree

Attached: 4AB4AD19-E48E-45F3-A12A-C11CCE2D84F0.jpg (890x1022, 160K)

I played Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach and I can tell you in all honesty that I have no idea what's the plot of the series about. I don't even know what's the halo, where it comes from or what it does.

Attached: IMG_20180709_124654.jpg (601x508, 46K)

>Technological improvements in the suit somehow allow the human inside to move at the same speeds without shredding their limbs
That is literally not possible. The insides of those mechanical limbs are still flesh and blood, and it's flesh and blood that hasn't been honed over decades with colossally dangerous augmentations either. You cannot get the same performance out of weaker humans in comparison to Spartan IIs.

Attached: 1551832863343.jpg (215x204, 6K)

Halo was never good.

Unless those suits have hyper-advanced inertia dampening technology I'm unaware of, Spartan IVs shouldn't be able to move as fast as IIs.

Yeah the same half a decade where half of humanity is fucking dead, has maybe 5 colonies left and their home planet god half-glassed.

But sure they also make the biggest more coolest ship in the galaxy that's also way more advanced than any ship ever. Also anyone can become Spartan-II tier gods with none of the actual effort. Lol must have sucked to be one of those kidnapped orphans, just make more advanced armor lmao

Fuck you 343 I'll never not be mad fuck you

Best case scenario, they release it tomorrow, worst case scenario, at the end of the year.

5 is the best of the bunch regarding custom games and some of the best in a pure point to point gameplay perspective, I preferred the community and playlist/ranking structure in 3 so I’m a little biased but 5 is definitely above Reach and 4 when it comes to custom games

What's with you retards and this not until end of the year shit. We're getting reach tomorrow with the rest coming out individually until e3 which will be the full official release.

RELEASE DATE WHEN

If you find it with sound, it has knockoff Avengers music.
Like so many of the notes together sound so similar, I'm surprised there wasn't a lawsuit. Osiris's motif is just the fucking Avengers theme.

can't wait till this is released, people play it for a minute then realize its not as fun as they remember. like going back and playing goldeneye, good for its time, nothing special anymore

MCC didn't work for nearly 7 months, you could search for hours for a match only to be trapped in the lobby, I'd you did find a match then it was most likely gonna lag out, campaign online coop was laggy as fuck and the online ranking system was a hamster wheel

A lot in Halo is literally not possible, why is hard to think humanity would find a middle ground between augmentations that adults can go through and suits that don’t tear the user limb from limb? They were able to cobble together multiple MJOLNIR suits and hundreds of Spartan 2s and 3s while under the constant threat of complete annihilation but making some suits that don’t kill a user is where you draw the line of believability? Really?

How, like seriously its fucking basic

>for nearly 7 months
It's been five years and it's arguably still broken.
It's "better" but people still get randomly removed. I hosted an MCC matchmaking lobby last night, and one guy kept getting booted every time we went into playlists higher than 4v4, so I had us do customs so he wasn't left out. The last Halofest also booted 3 different people on a consistent basis.

I heard it didn't work properly for as late as last year.

Humanity was constantly expanding in that half a decade, they turned into the dominant force in the universe with the covenant out of the way, it’s what humanity did in the past and what they did after the fall of the Covenant. But either way, that’s how advancement works, soldiers now don’t suffer from birth like Spartans did centuries ago from birth.

343s Halo story was so bad to me that I ended up becoming autistic and making up my own Halo shit.

Attached: 1547861013365.png (800x800, 362K)

ancient aliens fight space zombies, create super weapons to kill everything in galaxy. everyone dies but one ancient alien kept dna of everyone so life was able to restart

Children kidnaped to make super soilders, mr halo man is one of them.

Catholic aliens are told by ancient alien AI their religion is based upon a thousand of year long mistranlation. Attack humans to cover up the truth.

Humanaity is getting fucked so much so basically Earth 2 and key military planet fucking dies. Running away from the planet humans find halo, then aliens find halo, then everyone except aliens learn halo is bad, blow up halo.
Later aliens find earth by chance, humans do not have anything left except earth so they are fucked, aliens fuck off from earth and humans follow, we found halo 2 baby. Aliens turn on halo but it’s shut off before it fires leaving all other rings on standby, only activatable at the Ark now. Aliens go back to earth, turn on big ass portal under africa that leads to the ark, humans follow. Battle of the Ark and humans win the war overall with only a single planet left.

You mean like actually going fast and being strong while doing ninja flips? no it isn't.

>A lot in Halo is literally not possible
Before 343, all the human technology was incredibly grounded and believable, and Bungie went to great lengths to make sure it made sense.

>why is hard to think humanity would find a middle ground between augmentations that adults can go through and suits that don’t tear the user limb from limb?
The middleground isn't the issue, it's that Spartan IVs are just as good as IIs when that makes zero sense. Spartan IIs are dosed up to the eyeballs with decades of highly lethal human augmentations. They were grown from childhood to become 7ft tall war machines who are the only ones capable of operating their suits. Their reflexes are borderline premonitions as they watch the individual muscles on your body flex under the skin and respond to what you're going to do before you've even fully thought it through.

Spartan IVs are using barely improved Spartan III augmentations. Their bone density and muscle tissue doesn't even come close to the strength of a Spartan II. Ergo, it doesn't matter how many improvements the suits get, the human factor is, or SHOULD BE, limiting the capabilities of the equipment. No different from how fighter aircraft can operate well beyond the G limit of the pilot, and is only hindered because of the flesh and blood in the cockpit.

Spartans canonically run at 40+MPH, there’s no game that tries to convey that outside of 5

I mean I've hoping on the mcc here and there for the past month now and playing some quick games. Now, i'll legit have no reason to own an xbox

Technological advancements tend to happen a lot quicker during war time than any other time.
Historians estimated that we would be 1000 years behind right now had it not been for the world wars

Because from a storytelling perspective the creation of S-IVs completely undermines the entire existence of S-IIs. The entire point of the S-IIs is that their creation came from a time of desperation and their super-human strenght came at a great cost and (self)sacrifice, to the point where they become soulless killing machines. Even the shit-tier S-IIIs had to go through a lot of deadly experiments and they knew they were cannon fodder.

Now, we have S-IVs, which are equally strong as S-IIs and any ODST can just sign up to become one of them, all they need is to strap up on their suit made out of advanced tech that 343 pulled out of their ass. It's fucking retarded. It's bad, fan-fiction tier storytelling because 343 can't stop trying to be BIGGER and BETTER than the Bungie-era games.

That's why they have even BIGGER and BETTER Spartans. Even BIGGER and BETTER ships. Oh, did I mention that now it's canon that there was another Ark? One that was never ever mentioned in any game, books, films or whatever? Guess, what: you thought the Ark was big? Well now there is an EVEN BIGGER Ark that was made before the Halo 3 Ark.

Also the Rookie is dead. FUCK YOU 343 I WILL NEVER NOT BE MAD.

Attached: HM-GreaterArk.png (579x583, 691K)

Sonytards spreading fake news

You can say nothing has never been good

Who else ready for midnight release?

Attached: 1549921658947.jpg (1024x1024, 100K)

5 sucks but that's kind of what halo gameplay looks like anyway

Lore wise, they are weaker than S-IIs, but 343i decided to make Locke a beast ins H5G.

You mean like with the cutscenes? Plenty of promotional material has shown Chief doing stuff similar to this.

Attached: 1525269124338.webm (1200x664, 2.81M)

how the fuck does everyone in the halo universe act so calmly about the flood? did they just forget that the forerunners fought against them and lost hard? theres still a good portion of high charity's massive fleet that was infected and goes unaccounted for. that alone could be enough to threaten the existence of every species in the galaxy with how mind fuckingly fast the flood spreads.

Attached: flood-thumbnail-708x398-051a8c0f98a84b49a828010da2d435a5.jpg (708x398, 89K)

>That's why they have even BIGGER and BETTER Spartans. Even BIGGER and BETTER ships. Oh, did I mention that now it's canon that there was another Ark? One that was never ever mentioned in any game, books, films or whatever? Guess, what: you thought the Ark was big? Well now there is an EVEN BIGGER Ark that was made before the Halo 3 Ark.

How involved were Joe Staten and Eric Nylund?

Yes, because Halo looks like a marvel rejects attempt at an action sequence.

i don't even enjoy games anymore

Attached: 1500009349516.png (400x416, 41K)

microsoft sure
343 no, they didnt make any of the games in this collection people are actually going to play

Attached: .png (2048x2048, 1.33M)

>human technology was incredibly grounded and believable
Shielding was literal limbo jumbo and most of technology related to MJOLNIR is as soft Sci-fi as you can get, as is the ability to fucking slip space travel. The Spartan 2s were required to have that many augmentations because humanity couldn’t yet offset that much energy, there’s no reason to believe a LITERAL
SPACEFARING CIVILIZATION wouldn’t be able to get around that sooner or later, especially ones that can create literal geniuses on the fly through the use of AI and neural maps of people like Halsey. The suits did most of the work while on, especially in the case of John when he had Cortana in his head. Plus, Spartan 3s were able to use the same MJOLNIR armor that 2s were able to use and that was almost 30 fucking years prior to the creation of the Spartan 4 program, you’re massively underestimating the ability of Humanity

linda is okay for breeding, but kelly is for john alone.

>tfw only want Reach and Halo 3
>don't give a fuck about Halo 1 and 2 (both are already on PC) and huge fucking NOPE on Halo 4

If it means I'm only paying 20 bucks for the two games instead of 60 bucks for all of them, then I'm all for it. Smart move by 343.

Compare that to the first minute of this. You can't make this up.
youtube.com/watch?v=gsWyLwj6r2k

Doesn't surprise me too much, most people played it for the multiplayer and only played through the campaign once

Spartan 2s were made to put down rowdy insurrectionists at the edge of humanities colonies, they had nothing to do with the covenant or any sort of threat of annihilation, at least in the beginning

>dont have to pay for 4
fucking based.

ackutally, the shielding was reverse engineered Jackal shields in lore. Which makes sense to me for a military to capture enemy equipment to understand or use it themselves.

I think the flood just gave up after the gravemind got blown up

>Windows 10
that's a dealbreaker
so long gay microsoft

Now I remember why Age of Ultron is complete garbage. It's because fucking Hydra gets relegated into soft sci-fi mooks.

The fact that the UNSC Infinity, Mantle's Approach, Forerunners being everywhere, S-IIs with custom armor, a second Ark and SENTIENT SPACE ROADS are all things that exist in 343 canon I'd imagine their involvement is close to zero.

Nylund left Microsoft in 2013, and I wonder I how much he actually had to do with Halo 4. Maybe he left because he couldn't stand 343, who knows. 343 would rather have Karen Traviss writing the books, I guess.

but they didnt. even after the gravemind got BTFO my mendicant bias and cortana, theyre still around and still dangerous. theres still a number of flood infected ships out there.

>Shielding was literal limbo jumbo
Literally reverse engineered from Covenant technology.

>The suits did most of the work while on
And you needed to have the physical stature to survive in that suit while it operated. Every non-Spartan who attempted to use a Mjolnir armor set was critically injured for life or even killed.

If Infinite is good I will forgive them

Reverse engineering that was never given any sort of backing, jackals shield bracelets are entirely different ball game than shielding an entire person, the most we ever got was “lol reverse engineered” which tells the viewer nothing, and let’s not get started on slip space travel

No!

Pretty sure S4 suits are made with forerunner science magic

>Spartan 3s were able to use the same MJOLNIR armor that 2s were able to use
Spartan IIIs have literally never used the same Mjolnor armor as IIs, not even in Reach. The suits might look the same but they're drastically toned down in power output which is why characters like Emile job to a single Elite.

>4 getting picked all the time

What? for m3 I literally only ever fucking played 3, which isn't bad, but I wanted 2 as well more regularly

Well personally if my boss got blown up I'd probably just chill with my sound co-workers in the back office and scrap all the old plans.

who fucking cares about reach

give me halo 3, faggots.

Will 343 fuck up the flood in Infinite?

At least you can get a match, I'd call those 7 months broken and the rest just 343 being lazy

You don't seem to understand how having less bone and muscle strength means you LITERALLY cannot move as fast as someone who has greater muscle/bone density. The suit can be as advanced as it fucking wants, if it moves at a specific speed it's going to annihilate your limbs.

youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

nope, one of the leads is total bigoted racist piece of shit, I'm not going to support them.

>Forward Unto Dawn
>Pillar of Autumn
>Truth and Reconciliation

343 takes over
>Infinity
>Eternity
Fuck you 343.

Attached: H4-Commander_Palmer_Render.png (574x1237, 711K)

S-IIs were not created to fight covenant, they were made to put down insurrectionists

It was hard to find matches at all until the "big update" a few months ago, so at least four years of it being completely broken and barren.

>most of the multiplayer
oh, nothing of value then, good to know

hyper/slip/warp/etc.space is a sci-fi staple though and you can't have humanity in space without it unless you want us stuck in the solar system, and it will never have a reasonable explanation besides some shit like 'folding space', you're just being pedantic to defend 343. I can't imagine what went so horribly wrong in your life for you to stoop to that level.

thats the thing though, the gravemind is never truly dead. even if they get reduced to nothing more than a single spore, a gravemind will still retain the memories and "personality" of the previous ones. and based on how they wanted to form a gravemind in HW2 theyre still working on reforming one. if they manage to attack a defenseless outer colony that could give them enough biomass to form one, and from there its game over.

>drastically toned down
halo.fandom.com/wiki/Mjolnir_Powered_Assault_Armor/Mark_V(B)
There’s no backing to that idea

This is pure disgrace, belong in trash

Attached: 1549850035409.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Flood don't work like that, they're a hivemind, they constantly assimilate until a Gravemind is created who can control them, until they consume planets essentially
New Graveminds even have memories from old graveminds etc

Infinite is going to be a battle royal.

Reminder
>This will not have PERSISTENT dedicated servers like Halo CE
>This will not have mod support like Halo CE did (Forge is nice but hardly malleable)
>This will only have matchmaking, lobbies and a lobby browser
I doubt they'll even do something as simple as increase the entity limit in forge too seeing as we won't be running it on toasters like the x360 and xbone are. I wouldn't expect anything other than the bare minimum from Phil.

>Here's your lore bro

OHHHNONONONO NONONOOOO

Attached: halo lore.jpg (616x6722, 1.2M)

If they use the same flood from HW then yes.
In that game its just GOW lambent and sunset overdrive monsters instead of something scary.

Attached: 300px-HW2_Abomination_clear.png (300x270, 92K)

You don’t seem to understand having a middle ground of energy dissipation and augmentations to the users body, but we’ve already established your believability range is completely fucked

>tfw it's now canon that the forerunners called themselves "Forerunners"
>they had a forerunner race for themselves that called themselves "The Precursors"
The dumbest

I'm way too ignorant to try and read all that shit

Who are the best writers at 343?

yes RELEASE GAME NAOW

>Chief going from boycotting RE5 for being racist to becoming the leader of the alt-right and saying the n word on a stream
Things sure have changed.

I like the Forerunner trilogy books when I'm pretending they're not Halo

They're Spartan IIIs. They cannot operate Mjolnir power armor to its maximum capacity because they lack the augmentations to do so. They would literally die from their own movements if it was dialled to 11.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE RELEASE DATES

Who knows then? Presumably the dumb shits left behind can't figure out how to get the ship to move.

Attached: 1538260089363.png (1079x741, 974K)

again I'm gonna acktually you hear, but it was explained in a part of halsey's diary from the Reach limited edition.
I'm not one too pull out expanded universe stuff but I mean it was explained, in detail, and is very easily available to read on a wiki or on a scan of the book.

Spartan 3s lack 1-2 augmentations in comparison to 2s, one of them being the augmentation that caused the massive heights in 2s

You cannot dissipate momentum and inertia from limb movements without reducing the force of what you're doing, which in turn defeats the purpose of having such strength to begin with.

Car metaphor time - This is literally on par with having a car with 1000bhp but then having a huge vertical spoiler that prevents it going over 60mph because of the insane drag. It's wasted power being dampened out.

Sunday, trust me.

or theyre doing what they did when they attacked the forerunners, and building up biomass before a large scale assault on the galaxy.

Later This Year(TM)

t. doesn't understand how energy dissipation works

>I'm not one too pull out expanded universe stuff
It's ok when it's Halo. The out-of-game stuff are actually good, mostly.

or the dude at 343 dropped the sheet about the flood bungie left them down the back off the shelf and can't be bothered moving it to get it back.

Can anyone take a guess what it will be priced at? 40$ would be the sweet spot probably

I call bullshit. We're a thousand years behind right now because of the world wars. The dark ages saw extremely limited and minor conflict
and huge advances due to lack of overreaching governments trying to control everything. Then along comes Christianity to take credit for all
the scientific advancements after seizing power and declaring the dark ages 'over.'

Wait a minute, are the rest of you actually arguing as if anything besides Halo CE and Reach are canon? Everything else is fanfic.

thats probably for the best.

>Wait a minute, are the rest of you actually arguing as if anything besides Halo CE and Reach are canon? Everything else is fanfic.

What's wrong with Halo 2?

>tfw they're releasing them backwards
>tfw no one buys 4 so they cancel the rest of the releases due to low sales

>anything besides Halo CE and Reach are canon
oh no he's retarded

>cancel the rest of the releases due to low sales
It will be the last one released

They're doing Reach, then CE, 2, 3, etc?

I thought it was Reach, then 4 then 3, etc

>Reach
>"Cortana is actually based on an ancient forerunner AI and intentionally took the PoA to alpha halo"
>canon

>Precursors chose early humans to uphold the Mantle, not the Forerunners
>Forerunners completely buttmad at this as they thought they were the Precursor's favorite
>Forerunners go FUCK YOU DAD REEEEEEEEEE mode and go to war with Precursors, to take the mantle for themselves
>Precursors get fucking ravaged
>Precursors: Oh shit we're getting fucked. quick do something
>They create dust/spores of themselves for chemical warfare against Forerunner faggots as a last ditch effort
>Forerunners win. Precursors all but extinct now. and Forerunners have mantle now
> -------Time gap ---------- (like 50k~ years?)
>Humans start becoming space faring civilization, mingling with Forerunners
>Didact assumes control of War Council
>wages war on humans because fuck 'em
>Human and Forerunner war ensues
>all hell breaking loose on all sides when suddenly spores start to infect both sides
>OH SHIT SON, Its the precursor's spores, which is actually the Flood now
>infects Forerunners and humans, turning them into Flood
>Ohfuckohfuckoh fuck whats happening
>both sides stop everything to fight this Flood menace
>Forerunners getting absolutely buttfucked
>Forerunners: Guys we need a plan. Destroy all life in the galaxy? FUCKING DO IT
>Builds halo's to stop the flood
>Librarian starts stocking all of the galaxy's species and seeding them on worlds for preservation after the Halo array fires
>Forerunner's fate is decided. Destroy all life in the galaxy to starve the Flood and hope the next generation of life can live happily
>HUMANS: GUYS WAIT, WE FOUND A FUCKING CURE. STOOOO-
>Halo array fires and destroys everything
>--------time gap (100,000 years later)------------
>Librarian's seeded planets are reactivated, all life in the galaxy resumes, humans evolve into the humans of today.

Whats so hard to understand about that?

halo as a whole is just a lesson in futility, isnt it?
have a massive galaxy spanning empire and come to the evolutionary apex of your species? fuck you, some parasite that may or may not be related to the guys that you killed a long time ago have arrived in your galaxy to consume all living things.
created an advanced AI that can defeat the gravemind? fuck you, its going to turn on you and be used by the flood to ensure the destruction of your empire
defeated the flood? fuck you, your descendants/chosen successors are being assaulted and decimated by an alien conglomerate that worships your leftover technology as gods.
defeated the covenant? fuck you, the flood is back and ready to wipe out the galaxy again since no race or faction is in a good position to defend against it.

Not entirely, not yet.
If they try to charge us for online with this game I will loose it.

Attached: Screenshot_145.png (319x164, 13K)

Chronological order, so Reach -> CE -> H2 -> H3 -> ODST -> H4

wait wait Cortana is a Smart AI clone of Halsey what’s this about being a forerunner thing?
The only thing I can think of the is the continual narrative comparisons made between her and Mendicant Bias

>Caring about Halo

Attached: GAY.jpg (178x279, 16K)

>user doesn't know what chronological means

When was this ever in Reach or Halsey's Journal what the fuck

they aren’t the ones porting it either tho

a lot of this is the okay parts of 343 but I don’t remember being any implication of humans finding a cure prior to the ring firing?

The story? Everything. The gravemind talking muppetmonster that wanted to be BFFs with the Tardbiter and Master Queef was the absolute
worst but hardly the only thing. Everything great about Halo was the minimalist story telling and mystery. Nah fuck all that shit, lets just make
the series into Marvel tier capeshit with supersoldiers and pussyfaced aliens instead all about literal chosen ones instead of a dumbass AI accidentally mistaking Master Queef for
something he isn't like the first game was going for.

Were you not old enough to have to deal with GFWL? Online was free you just needed to sign into a xbox account.

>Halo 1, 2, 3
>Forerunners were mythical gods. very little was ever known about them.

>Halo 4, 5
>they were spiteful assholes
>this is canon now

Good Job 343

Attached: 1674537890.jpg (632x470, 63K)

>454767275

Attached: brainlet.gif (615x548, 18K)

>GFWL
GFWL is dead though, so what are they going to try now?
Remember that Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition used to have GFWL but it was removed after the service was ended.

You'll probably just launch the game and then at the main menu it will ask you to login

>Everything great about Halo was the minimalist story telling and mystery.

What happened to the writers who worked on Halo CE?

It's more plausible than anything from any of the other games.

Probably whatever system they use for games you buy off the windows store, like with Forza. Don't have wins10 so I have no idea. Microsoft already knows charging pcfags for online won't work though. They've tried it a decade ago.

youtu.be/X4jfvddi45M
Kino

Attached: IMG_3869.jpg (739x415, 29K)

they were fired along with most of the rest of the team when M$ took over.
thats why 2 and 3 are such garbage in comparison.

>using gay as an insult on Yea Forums
It's like it's really 2007!

Killed to appease Bill Gate's unending hunger for human flesh and penis? Fuck if I know. If they worked on 2 and 3, they were obviously
under massive pressure to shoehorn in themes for broader audience appeal.

Gravemind goals aligned with Arbiter and Chief, whilst also hiding own objective, none of them wanted the rings to fire and while he got them away he invaded High Charity. At no points were they friends, in Halo 3 when he briefly teams with them again it’s for similar reasons.

Halo 2 is pretty straightforward, the only complicated aspect is arguably the civil war, and that boils down to “the priests lied”.
Literal chosen one was a 343 move, Bungie always wrote it as luck from the first game and Halo 2/3 had Mendicant Bias as an aspect of Chief’s luck, more so in Halo 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=X9sdwpbL4kc&t=32s
post yfw "and so, you must be silenced"

Attached: 1551584742850.gif (540x304, 1.39M)

>They've tried it a decade ago.
Those people may not even work there anymore, remember that Gabe Newell used to work for Microsoft.

Where is this shit EVER mentioned in the games? Don't fucking tell me to "read the books". If it's not in the games it's NOT CANON.

Fucking bookfags

dont reply to him. hes either baiting poorly, or is so much of a retard that he cant comprehend an admittedly simple story.

Fuck whatever else is being discussed

Post Spartans

armorwatcher.com/armory

Attached: fullbody.png (320x704, 201K)

Attached: fullbody.png (320x704, 207K)

Halo books have always been canon in the lore. It's just that Bungie knew to keep the books and games stories separate. The books were there if you ever wanted a deeper dive into the Universe of Halo, but completely optional and away from the video games.

343's retardation decided to mix the books and games stories together which created the convoluted mess of a story we have now.

I didn’t even see that master queef thing, i can’t believe I bit some low effort bait like that.

Can't wait to play dozens of hours of multiplayer to get that shit again.

Attached: playermodel.png (320x704, 195K)

>343's retardation decided to mix the books and games stories together which created the convoluted mess of a story we have now.

Didn't 343i expect Halo fans to read the Kilo-Five trilogy and Forerunner trilogy before playing Halo 4?

>Precursors are Flood

Gravemind literally said he consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone before coming to the Milky Way.

>Fucking bookfags
Oh i'm sorry you're illiterate

But the point is they already have an established game store that has online that isn't subscription based for pc. If they really wanted to charge for online, especially with a product sold on steam, they'll being gambling and most likely land in the red.

God i wish that were me

>"youre forefathers wisely set aside their compassion, steeled themselves for what needed to be done"
>truth just straight up admits to Johnson that the great journey was a sham
fucking kino.

I can read fine. I'm just saying I'm not bothering with THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT

LIKE FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

Attached: This list doesn't even include the multiple Encyclopedia and Reference books.jpg (1908x3424, 1.22M)

Attached: fullbody.png (320x704, 203K)

Precursors are the flood though. They Jihaded themselves instead of killing the forerunners because "Giving the universe cancer is better than raising your hand directly to your neighbors."

They've been doing monthly updates for MCC for a few months now. What's in store for March? Halo Reach and proper armor customization obviously.

the bungie era books are the only ones actually worth reading.

this, the original trilogy is based.

everything after sucks.

although in fairness dietz is a total hack

>user can't read like 15 books, most of which take only a couple hours to finish

>There's no way in hell we're getting Halo 1 before November though.
Why not?
They clearly want to build interest in the series before Infinite
Hell I'd be shocked if we didn't see the full thing before 2019 since they'd also want to port over 5

and then read a comic series to see the real death of the Didact

>Great journey is a sham
>Truth knows Halos kill everything
>wants to fire them anyway

????

Attached: index.png (183x276, 6K)

Silent Storm: A Master Chief Story is actually certified Halo kino though

just finished that book a couple days and I freaking loved it. Felt like I was reading an Eric Nylund halo book.

wait what brainlet here apparently but i don’t get it

Attached: reach_14315215_Full.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Unless they've been working on this behind the scenes since Halo 5 (which I doubt because they JUST announced the work for porting was being sent to the UK)

I think it’s that Truth knows that humanity was what their religion was based upon, that’s why the war starts to cover up. I think he still believes in the great journey.

>he thinks I will pay for it

Attached: B8BE305D96A34822B74868AF15F6DA53.jpg (350x350, 35K)

>and then read a comic series to see the real death of the Didact
You mean read the comic series that fill in all the plot holes from halo 4 and 5 conveniently

5 is certainly better than 4, but id still rather not have sprint and i hope it isnt in infinite, still i will give them credit for revitalizing MCC like they did and can at least they admit their mistakes compared to other devs.

pretty much thisthat and he went crazy while traveling to earth both out of stress and because he was on the same ship as mendicant bias who was fucking with him.

>the dramatic increase of books made after 2007-08.
What was their plan? How does a studio whose one job is to make Halo result in making such a convoluted mess.

And the fact the flood will just up and strike a conversation with anyone like that using a giant 'feed me Seymour' plant mouth is fucking retarded. It killed them as scary Lovecraftian space horrors when it was completely unnecessary. Once you humanize a monster
like that, it's done. No longer a monster. Someone at that point surely wants to fuck it and I bet there's rule 34 Gravemind.

The civil war was a good way to advance the story and develop the Covenant itself more, it's just so much stuff they did and how they did it
was unnecessary. It ceased to be a meat and potatoes military space drama like Votoms and just went way off the rails starting with 2 and
getting ever more absurd with each installment after.

>Not learning lessons after the last 2 halo games released literally never worked.

You deserve to pay for garbage.

>454769074

Attached: 25d.jpg (909x519, 87K)

5 and Wars 2 never didn't work.

I’m going fix Master Chief appearance in Halo 4 by restoring his original armor/design from Halo 2-3

Attached: EF948896-5122-4504-959F-AD42B0B9823B.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

>Halo Reach on PC with rekindled multiplayer
>Invasion and Big Team Battles
IM FUCKING HYPED BROS

Attached: jlls.jpg (960x640, 155K)

I'm glad I can buy them separately. I only want 3 and Reach.

this, 5 initially sucked at launch because it only had 3 gametypes not because it had matchmaking issues.

no it's a boat

Honestly it should've been a 1v4 with Chief smashing Osiris' shit

You'd have to fix everything else too.

Microsoft tried to put the game on lore lifesupport to get people hyped for a non-mainline stories, ODST and Reach.

>mendicant bias who was fucking with him
More points for mendicant being literally the best character in the franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=e_cRZ24BVKM

Attached: 1547790864863.jpg (250x247, 4K)

Please do. I can't wait for this so I can play H2A but with the awful new gun sounds restored to their originals.

Why? They did no work on MCC. Both Halo and Halo 2 were remastered by other devs. All 343i did was package everything together and integrate the multiplayer...and they fucked up it up so bad it took them 4 years to fix.

>343 killed mendicant bias so the best we'll ever see is so cheap knockoff

Just a reminder that the ports will be done by splash damage, responsible for the awful gears port and rufian who did crackdown 3.

That’s too much work

Attached: 59CF1420-047D-444D-8F3C-14E4B4154157.png (459x320, 201K)

If this isn't fucking kino then i don't know what is

That disney Star Wars choreography. Glad I missed this game.

Halo wars is cringe AF

Why is everyone saying they'll be out on Sunday? Is there some presentation or something going on?

mendicant died when the ark was destroyed partially at the end of Halo 3? possibly anyway.
I did a quick look on a wiki and I can’t find anything on him after halo 3

Halo Wars 2 is even worse.

will we be able to adjust the retarded crosshair?

I can't wait break these open and start modding them. I have been waiting for a good game to get back into modding.

no, he was the one who guided chief to requiem.

It's the last day of their little conference, so if we don't hear anything then it'll be another 3 months of waiting to hear a ETA

SXSW conference. Game probably isn't out, but we will get some footage and a release date.

i really hope we see him in infinite.

It was originally going to be revealed tomorrow, but the announcement was pushed up. Instead, 343 says there will be more new information.
The people who are saying it will actually come out tomorrow range between overly-hopeful and retarded.

Someone asked the lead dev on Twitter if we could center the crosshair, and he responded with a pizza emoji, which means yes in Halo reddit memes.

What makes you think these games will be moddable? This is Microsoft.

He was "dismantled" in one of the post bungie books so I don't think he'll ever get any airtime

twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1105609637489840128?s=19
It was hinted at, at the very least.

oh cool

might make halo into a halfway decent series now

That does make sense but besides that I’m not even sure if he is still alive.

I don’t think 343 could do it justice. I’m not saying Mendicant is shakespeare but narrative and character writing has not been 343s strongest area.

The question i always ask when the thought crosses my mind is who would voice him?

Because people were able to decently mod Halo 2A on a modded Xbox. And Halo 1 & 2 PC were decently moddable. Obviously we won't get any official mod tools to make life easy, but we can build some ourselves.

it must come out tomorrow. besides the thousands of games on my pc I literally have nothing to play.

That gets parroted a lot, but isn't really true. The Forerunner saga is a fine series.

Attached: Halo_Novels.png (670x419, 599K)

If reach doesn't at least get an ETA tomorrow MCC on PC is dead.

Make CBBE body slide compatible spartan models.

If Reach doesn't come out monday MCC is dead. My duke gets here monday.

Attached: biggay.jpg (480x360, 45K)

>We're a thousand years behind right now because of the world wars.
How many levels of dumbass are you operating on right now?

>implying gods aren't usually spiteful assholes in real-world mythology
just

Attached: 1503532364366.gif (500x500, 1.83M)

I hope they realize they gotta keep this hype train going. Reach on PC has to come SOON.

>implying 343 have anything to do with this decision

>The Forerunner saga is a fine series
>Chief is a Forerunner rapebaby
>Humans are just devolved space Indians
>Humans are on par with Forerunners
>Ancient humans caught the flood because they were feeding their space dogs flood spores
>The Flood were created by the Precursors who are the Leviathans from Mass Effect except even more petty
>Instead of defending themselves against the forerunners the Precursors decided to let them kill hem and turn themselves into space cancer because "being passive aggressive is how you deal with your children"
>The Didact is an immature asshole and doesn't like humans and is the only reason we're not warping space to our will
>the didact is also more than likely chief's papa
The list goes on and on and on and on

WE NEED MORE HYPE
youtube.com/watch?v=80kVYPAx4js

>The dark ages saw extremely limited and minor conflict and huge advances due to lack of overreaching governments trying to control everything.
This is one of the more astonishingly stupid things I've ever read.

>That does make sense but besides that I’m not even sure if he is still alive.
i mean, that is what happened. most of him was still on zeta halo anyways.

All I want to do is finish the fucking fight. It's been years.

Why were the ship names so elaborate and poetic in the Bungie days, anyway? It certainly made them stand out and reminded me of Andromeda.

ANYBODY REMEMBER THIS PILE OF SHIT

Attached: Halo4forwarduntodawn.png (235x365, 183K)

you're right yeah there was probably more fragments, fair enough

I remember watching it once, same amount of times I watched Halo Legends but I remember far more of Legends.

BUT LASKEY'S IN IT, YOU KNOW? FROM THE GAME?

Is Shadow of Intent full of that kind of bullshit? Cause its written by Joe Staten, which might as least make it decent.

Ok it's not coming tomorrow. But it's definitely coming this month

Dunno, I never real any covenant only material. But seeing as it was pumped out right before halo 4, it's probably shite.

is this actually what its about? jesus christ what a shitfest

No shut retard what do you think "the master chief COLLECTION" is?

You aren't buying them individually you dumbass, the MCC is a collection to purchase.

>no mod support for CE
>requires Windows 10
>requires a Live account on top of Steam
It's shit

just imagine what couldve been if this entire cutscene was infact an intro mission and let you do all the cool shit instead of just watching it

the librarian cutscene in halo 4 along with most of the terminals in that game do a pisspoor job of explaining it, but it's there

>>no mod support for CE
>>requires Windows 10
Source?
>requires a Live account on top of Steam
A Live account is free

gauss>rockets>more seats>gatling

OH OH! I Wanna try and make it even more retarded

>Ancient race of bug people have no cares at all because they have excellent broadband coverage
>They put around the galaxy helping other races out but generally just being really aloof
>They're really proud of their first born Forerunner-chan but he's kind of a narcissistic asshole
>They tell forerunner-chan that even though they're the first born they're assholes and second born human-kun are now their favorite children
>Forerunner-chan does what every sane child does and starts to systematically kill their parents
>Instead of fighting back the aloof cockroach precursors let themselves be genocided
>A few of the cockroach people are left and they get really mad and exchange their immortality to instead become walking cancer aids ebola
>The cancer aids ebola then floats into human-kun's neighborhood and they use it for spacedog kibble
>Little does human-kun know but they just gave everybody cancer aids ebola
>The cancer aids ebola spreads and turns into the flood
>Human-kun tries to run and runs into big brother forerunner-chan
>forerunner-chan kills human-kun and devolves the rest
>forerunner-chan realizes human-kun had cancer aids ebola and now they have it
>forerunner-chan commits seppuku and jizzes in the proto human-kuns to give them a leg up
>one really mean forerunner-chan still doesn't like human-kun and still thinks he can fight the cancer aids ebola by enslaving them
>he gets locked up for being a bad forerunner-chan and comes back in halo 4
>all the rest of the forerunners commit seppuku

Ive seen people claim MCC is still shit on Xbone. What are its issues?

My hype cannot be contained right now but I admit its all based on the port.

>>requires Windows 10
I hope your wrong. But if it turns out to true oh well i'll play it when i 'm forced to upgrade soon. 7 isn't going to last much longer.
I'm not gonna upgrade to 10 for one game.

Attached: fullbody.png (320x704, 212K)

I dunno I thought the costumes were okay

Couldn't get my old Xbox Live, so here she is in SFM

Attached: spartan guts.png (1280x720, 700K)

>Requires windows 10
i guess they don't want my money.

Solid 7/10. Nothing to write home about but was fun. The focus on Marines and academy lifestyle was a pretty cool fresh take.

Now, *this* piece of shit right here...

Attached: Halo_Nightfall.jpg (1189x683, 103K)

I recently completed Halo 5's story after putting it off and everyone was right, its a massive pile of shit.

This entire thing should just be retconned because its so ridiculously bad, and not just that but the writers should be fired and blacklisted from the industry, this is truly fucking awful.

How the fuck are they going to salvage the story at this point? Im going to play halo wars 2 now since I got it cheap.

>Reach
>the game that not consistent with Halo CE-3, the lore, and itself
>the Other M of Halo
>canon
Get out

What is the Chozo?

>Nightfall was supposed to introduce us to Locke and what makes him a badass and a team leader like Chief
>movie shows how utterly incapable Locke is and how he manages to get his entire team killed because of his poor leadership

??????????????? what the fuck were they thinking

no, but I will once they release Halo 3 and the multiplayer works well, no mouse accel, smoothing, low FOV, forced motion blur, stupid input buffering or delay or inputs being ignored like not counting shots if you started clicking too early etc. Netcode has to be decent and many other things.
If they can release Halo 3 as a proper PC game I will not only forgive 343 for 4 and 5, I will rate them higher than classic Bungie.

Well they're either going to go balls deep in the trans spermia "Master Chief is alien cum" huamns always win story or completely retcon it, what do you think is more likely?

That's 4 and 5.

>he thinks Mendicant Bias is dead

So why not talk about the 10/10 ones

Attached: themonalisa.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

It had Master Chief doing badass shit I liked it, you should have posted Nightfall, now that was garbage, fuck Locke.

Halo 4 is Metroid: Fusion, Halo 5 is somewhat Other M since it fucks up Chief's personality and was so bad it made the next game reboot itself spiritually from a story and art standpoint. I can already see Metroid 5 not taking much from Fusion and Other M getting ignored.

>halo legends came out 8 years ago

Halo 4 fucked up chief's character.

It explored it more the same way Metroid Fusion explored Samus more.

>Master Chief is alien cum
what

Never played Halo 5. What's this about Cortana being Forerunner tech and starting a fucking AI revolution or some shit? Why the fuck is 343 focusing so much on Cortana? Jesus Christ what a fucking mess this has become

Prototype is KINO

>we dont have to waste money on halo 4

Sounds based, 343 can keep that trash. God millenials are such fucking failures.

343 told fags and trannies to fuck off and they're not adding them to Infinite or any Halo game, go back to your discord and stop making shit up, tranny.

Both of those games are worse than Reach in every way, and they ruined Cheif's by giving him a personality.
See youtu.be/6qfx9eoB-88

Don't reply to me.

Reach is the worst game in the series, oops I replied to you.

Haven't played 4. What did it do after Reach to be considered even worse?

Look here

They killed cortana and everybody shit the bed so they brought her back and made her the main bad guy.

I was thinking moreso the multiplayer.

I understand that everything after 3 should not be taken seriously.

They added loadouts and killstreaks.

Yikes

>killstreaks
W H A T

No way to play multiplayer on a pirated version.

Completely unbalanced bullshit armor abilities. Some were completely useless, and others were god tier. That and they pretty much put in pay to win "buy a free power weapon" ability in the game. You could also earn them by getting killstreaks but why not just spawn in with a rockethog and spartan laser? Not to mention one of the sidearms you could have for a loadout was stronger than the regular shotgun.

you get a lot of this wrong.
humans were first to come into contact with the precursur dust and hence the flood. They were fighting the flood for a while and losing and in addition fleeing from the flood into forerunner space. the forerunners took this as an act of invasion and declared war on the humans, in the same time span humanity was glassing any worlds infected with the flood as they realized it was the only way to fight the flood. So humanity was fighting a war on two fronts and was eventually defeated by the forerunners. But it was a phyric victory for the forerunners as they realized too late the humans were keeping the flood at bay and now the flood were on the forerunners doorstep. Everything else you had right, but also the precursors wanted humanity to think they had a cure for the flood but really they didn't which I think is fucked storytelling.

I recall not minding this too much, but was pretty miffed when they didnt get steve downes to do master chiefs voice

literally confirmed that it's free you sperg

Sounds pretty shit. Might skip out on that one.

I think 343i is trying to make a point with their naming conventions for the UNSC ships. Like how it's going to go forever.

Attached: 1552623414822.png (542x762, 1015K)

thats only in that one mode I thought. dominion or some shit.

People here fail to realize the real scope of Halo 4's bullshit and how it killed the series.
No that's Halo 5, Halo 4 had payed powerweapon drops in every gametype.

Is it accurate when people compare the fate of Halo to Star Wars with the sequel trilogy?

Attached: 1551775722386.png (1440x1873, 1.15M)

I am willing to reboot my relationship with them granted they don't completely fuck this up.

Still not buying an Xbox though.

I'd actually argue that nuStar Wars is worse than nuHalo

There's another one that's named UNSC Eclipse so I guess they just suck at names
Maybe. I can see some flaws from the prequels too that could also be applied to modern day Halo.

Well, not all of the UNSC ships that appeared in Bungie games were named after the color orange, only the main cast.

youtube.com/watch?v=e5NsXFAIqeY
How 343 Industries RUINED Halo

That doesn't really answer my quesiton:

>Is the BR even more stupidly OP on Halo 2 Vista/Cartographer then it is on Xbox?

>Echo 4:19
Clearly states april of 2019 release date. Can anybody read me?

nah its definitely fixed

Chief DID crush lock in his 1v1, lock got a single good hit in and then got absolutely BTFO'd

I swear you niggers haven't even played the game

4 is WAY better than 5 you're delusional

so its going to be playable on win 7,right guys?
Guys?

Attached: remember.gif (400x279, 1.78M)

Forza horizon 4 required the latest edition of windows, which meant it was impossible to run if you had LTSB and couldnt play unless you install their latest spyware and botnet bloat update.

Fuck microsoft, there's literally 0 reason for their exclusives to not run on any version of their OS, except for them being megajews.

>they aren't gonna charge you that much for each game.

Attached: 1547081406038.jpg (410x960, 41K)

Microsoft Store or Steam?

>4 is better than 5
>the first two weeks of halo 4 everybody was spawning in with rocketlaunchers, snipers, and instakill forerunner weapons
>better

>Hell I'd be shocked if we didn't see the full thing before 2019
Someone should tell him.

Steam. Barely anyone uses MS.

>which meant it was impossible to run if you had LTSB
God-damn fucking jew bastards.

Nah 4 was fine

who won, henry or lopez?

Show one game on Steam that requires Win10.
Just one.

>Forza horizon 4 required the latest edition of windows
Yeah cause it was a W10 store exclusive. MCC isn't.

I don't want tp give valve any of my money, so MS store unless I can just get a third party steam key somehow.

They could make an rpg about the forerunner saga and make it beautiful

Even if you installed the windows store and downloaded the trial, it wouldn't let you run it, it would tell you to update to the current version.
I tried pirating it, but it would just crash on start up

MS for crossplay with console friends and Steam for play with PC friends. I doubt Steam will have crossplay with either the WS or console.

Yeah! And they could call it... STARCRAFT!!!! no wait... Warhammer!

it was so bad

>retard friend met through /vg/
>"haha bro look at all these newfags hyped about MCC"
>not even really talking to him because planning what me and friends will do together on MCC
>the hype is real, entirety of Yea Forums officially hype for MCC
>"h-hey bro are we gonna play MCC together..?"
We're not faking it you niggers, we genuinely want to play already. If you don't like Halo then don't play.

Hey can I be in Infinite?

Attached: rookie-square-542x542-6a7f0655c9594b77a30ac47989e68e38.jpg (542x542, 88K)

Yes.
Halo CE-3 is the original trilogy.
ODST is prequels. (Appeals to fans that love the soldiers in cool armor)
Reach is Rogue One. (Prequel that has OT feel, but the story is not really anything special. Everyone dies in the end.)
Halo 4 is episode 7. (Only liked by OT fags that play the game for chief)
Halo 5 is episode 8. (Liked by retards because it tried to do something different.)

Hey can I be in infinite

Attached: 15897087654.gif (220x313, 247K)

you're dead.

Attached: smug anime girl.png (356x393, 199K)

>Whats so hard to understand
Maybe because half of that shit isn't what actually happened you illiterate retard.

Unless Reach removes Bloom PC gamers are going to call it a piece of shit. Even then armor lock sucked too.

No, they didn't kill Chief off and replaced him with a women and they confirmed Chief will be the main character for mainline games from now on. comparing mainline Halo to mainline Metroid makes more sense, stop comparing it to Star Wars, that series has always been boring.

Don't what's with you idiots comparing Halo to that shit, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Attached: fullbody.png (320x704, 219K)

>In Amber Clad
>Forward Onto Dawn
>Shadow of Intent
>Spirit of Fire

Mantle's Approach is kind of okay.

I'm curious; are they updating the console version of MCC to mirror the PC version or no?

Dude almost everything in history is "borrowed" with different twists added

>when you're life sucks so much you're nostalgic for feces of a certain smell.

Attached: yikes problematic.png (400x299, 201K)

PC players play CSGO, so how is bloom any different?

THAT is the reason the game is "bad" to you? WOW lol

>Also the Rookie is dead.

There was nothing wrong with this, it makes a ton of sense to do it

>Character isn't being used for anything
>Has no unique character traits that make him worth having around narratively
>Has no distinct/heavily defined personality
>what little stuff he does have would be largerly invalidated by having him alive and turned into an S4

On that note, while SIV's do undermine the narrative point of S2's and S3's, from a logical perspective it would make zero sense for S4's to NOT exist eventually. The real problem, rather then S4's existing or your claim that 343 likes to do everything BIGGER AND BETTER (which really isn't true: SIV's are sligtly worse then S2's, there's very few 343 ships that much bigger then bungie ones, the mantle';s apporoach is the only one, really; etc) is that 343 can't advance the state of the universe well

Rather then having decades of down time after the events of Halo 3 as both the covenant and the UNSC recovers, minus a few splinter factions and innie terrorist attacks, 343 has the UNSC bounce back in less then 10 years and comes up with like 4 series of brand new galactic threats to deal with, because they need to justify conflict somehow. THAT'S their main issue.

5 isn't an amazing game (parts of it are really well done but the overall package is shit), but there was really nothing wrong with this cutscene

As points out, what's shown there is pretty in line with how Spartans actually do shit when they don't need to play tactical. MC killed like 5 ODST's at once when he was 14 with no armor, he could also punch dents into metal armor under the same conditions, Linda fucking sniped pilots out of their banshees while she was hanging upside down off of a moving aircraft, etc.

Hell,it's LESS insane then the opening to Halo 3 when MC survived falling from orbit.

>/vg/
there's you're problem

Attached: HAAH WAAW.jpg (560x437, 51K)

you're a retard

>mfw Microsoft is trying THIS HARD to make me """upgrade""" to Windows 10

Attached: 1284072273546.jpg (225x225, 10K)

most of the servers in the PC version dont even have weapon drops for guns that arent the BR and if they do its just shotguns, snipers and rocket launchers

Paying real money to get powerweapons isn't reason enough to hate a halo game?

I guess you got me there, csgo is fucking trash

What do you mean??

not him but launching a multiplayer game with unplayable balance and taking several weeks to fix it sounds like a legitimate reason to hate a studio. if they let you spawn with one-hit kill weapons that's fucking retarded and if they took weeks to fix it all hope is lost for all of Halo as long as anyone who worked on 4 is still employed there. bloody hell.

It takes more skill than Halo.

It's Star Wars nigga

No and never. It never was and never will be their series and their incompetence has already squandered what little potential it had left after Bungie closed out the story and did a half-baked expansion.

They shat on everything that had established Halo when they didn't have the ability to make something better.

That's probably entirely why they've decided to pull the trigger on this.

So in other words you were just garbage and got your shot pushed in, just because you're zoomer trash doesnt mean a game is bad

Halo: Combat Evolved = Metroid
Halo 2 = Metroid II: Return of Samus
Halo 3 = Super Metroid
Halo 4 = Metroid Fusion
Halo: Reach/Halo 5: Guardians = Metroid Other M

Anyone else agrees?

You already said this and you're still wrong.

fucking why

You can't just kill off a game's main character in some novel no one's going to read.

Attached: tumblr_p9941qozc91t4wjzko2_500.gif (500x213, 1.83M)

Yeah bungie should have stayed because Destiny is trash

It's a flavor variant of what's become the most cliche, generic sci-fi universe ever conveyed

No I'm pretty sure paying a couple dollars to always spawn with a rocketlauncher's pretty fucking gamebreaking

Halo 3 was trash

Boomers will rage but this is spot on

Rookie was nothing but a hollow shell anyway, who cares

343 does have less whimsical/phrase based names for UNSC ships, but they still have some, and bungie also had a ton of simple, single word ship names as well:

Bungie era ships with simple names:
>UNSC Herodotus
>UNSC Circumfrence
>UNSC Stalingrad
>UNSC Trafalgar
>UNSC Brasidas
>UNSC Gorgon
>UNSC Thermopylae
>UNSC Tharsis

343 era ships with complex/whimsical names:
>UNSC Euclid's Anvil
>UNSC Persian Gate
>UNSC Edge of Umbra
>UNSC Wink of an Eye
>UNSC Dark Was the Night
>UNSC Roman Blue
>UNSC Song of the East
>UNSC Unto the Breach

Bungie is just a label. Anything good happens due to the right people being at the right place, at the right time, making mostly right decisions, with a bit of luck.
After Halo 3 everything unravelled with the relevant people moving on and likwly never working with each other again.
It's entropy.

>look, mom, I'm posting retarded shit for reactions again

see where that gets you. best of luck, retard.

That was never a thing

Yeah, they're trying really hard.

No, it fits perfectly, stop bringing in that gay ass nerd infested Star Wars shit to fucking Halo threads, you faggots want to talk about that, go to Yea Forums I could never understand why shit like Star Wars or Star Trek became popular in the first place it's so fucking boring.

Halo 3 is the best in the series.

>UNSC Euclid's Anvil
>UNSC Persian Gate
>UNSC Edge of Umbra
>UNSC Wink of an Eye
>UNSC Dark Was the Night
>UNSC Roman Blue
>UNSC Song of the East
>UNSC Unto the Breach

Attached: 1545687764.gif (320x205, 2.38M)

Halo will actually live forever since every Halo will be on PC.

5 is literally CoD with halo assets.

Now the world is a better place to be
With halo games releasing on pc
Now wishlists have been updated
And wallets are kept protected
For when halo games are released on Steam

>UNSC Unto the Breach
Really?

why the fuck do people like ODST?

sure thing scrub, you definitely leave bad reviews on games you flame out on

inb4 every game is rushed out to coincide and 'end' with Infinite's release.

Attached: 1484794675206.jpg (480x443, 27K)

>those elusive achievements I can’t unlock because the player base is trash on each game on Xbox
>suddenly 200k daily users per game
>M+K controls
>Xbox Live integration

Gonna be fucking great.

Oh sorry. Paying a couple dollars to have a powerweapon randomly spawn on the map that only you can see on your hud

I ask this for ODST and Reach, they both suck.

You know what I meant

how do you figure?

good characters, music, atmosphere, and gameplay (firefight).

Bungie died after Halo 3.

Should clarify that what I posted isn't comprehensive, there's a bunch of others in both groups, I just didn't want the post to have like 50 fucking lines of ship names

halopedia.org/UNSC_Navy#Vessels if you wanna check yourself, you need to click each one to see where each one was first mentioned in, and you';llk have to know what media is bungie vs 343 era

343 litterally has a higher average level of quality with their novels then bungie does.

Bungie:
>Good: Fall of Reach, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx, Contact Harvest
>Bad: The Flood, Cole Protocole

33% of the books are bad

>343
>Good: Evolutions, Cryptum, Primordium, Silentium, Hunters in the Dark, Last Light, Broken Circle, Fractures, Envoy, Retribution, Legacy of Onyx, Bad Blood, Silent Storm, Renagades
>Bad: Glasslands, THursday War, Mortal DIctata, New Blood, Battle borne

26% of the books are bad

That being said, as I point out in , 343 still sucks on a broader scale

Have you actually read the forerunner novels or are you just copy and pasting shit you heard out of context?

The forerunner books are fantastically well written, and are top tier cosmic horror, the problem with them is that greg beare is a fucking absolute madman and the stuff in them only works because he can pull it off well, so everything in them sounds batshit outside of the context of his writing.

that scene with Linda hanging upside down was one of the most kino things i ever read so many years ago.
i am sad the rookie is dead, but you're right, his character doesn't make sense outside of him being a rookie.
Halo 4 did really well handling Cortana's death, I really felt for Chief i mean fuck i've been attached to that dynamic duo since i started reading the books in '07 when i was 11 Personally, i think of Halo 4 as a nice one-off title that doesn't quite live up to the standards of the OT, but is endearing in it's efforts.
Halo 5 is dead to me.

>typical go-to shitter response
>hurr its cod

not even close

Oh good, the spammer's here, everybody say hi to the spammer!

Attached: hghgfd.jpg (500x890, 174K)

>Unto the Breach
I jumped on this because I don't know how many times this was repeated by Bungie and 343i.

prove that that existed

At least he's actually contributing to the thread and isn't just shitposting

Attached: tumblr_l4qffwqh7i1qzkrfxo1_1280 elite.jpg (719x479, 121K)

Yeah but Bungie's single word ones are way cooler and usually are city, historical and mythological names. Meanwhile 343's is generic shit like UNSC Eclipse or UNSC Infinity.

And even the complex ones by 343 sound uninspired. What's a UNSC Song of the East compared to a UNSC Two for Flinching or a UNSC Lance Held High?

>bunch of wannabe-spartan human weaklings that mope around and whine about dying
>first mission is rainy nighttime with suicide-mission atmosphere
>bog-standard halo gameplay

Look at the nerd reading fiction in the age of videos

Attached: 1545118363138.jpg (1024x903, 64K)

Holy shit, I literally forgot Halo 5's multiplayer existed.

I really am getting old. Is the multiplayer dead ?

Wait, are grunts actually bulky-manlet-size?

This, ODST, like Reach was nothing special.

343 Halo was dead on arrival

> having opinions this bad

I bet you have an anime avatar on Steam

>top tier
persian gate
unto the breach
>meh tier
edge of umbra
euclid's anvil
roman blue
>tryhard trash tier
wink of an eye
dark was the night
song of the east

there's barely any flow

I don't even play games on PC and if an anime is moe shit I don't waste my time with it, ODST and Reach were garbage.

I really felt like Halo 4's story was cringy. I can respect what 343 was trying to do but I felt like both MC and Cortana were acting totally out of character.

5's plot is even worse, but I enjoy the core gameplay/the MP a lot.

Eh, that's sort of a trend, but if you check the ship list there's plenty of post-343 takeover single word ship names that are geographical or historically named as well. IAgree that the complex ones aren't as good as bungie's though

There's motion comic adaptions of a few of the short stories in evolutions, if that helps, user

youtube.com/watch?v=36hTq2soGDE
youtube.com/watch?v=8CqJNe_Uynk
youtube.com/watch?v=DGKHI7YaESY
youtube.com/watch?v=a_6cVfZgEZk

Grunts range from 4.5 to 5.5 feet tall, so yeah. Elites are 7.5 to 8.5 feet.

Alright fellas, I'm going to bed. Positive energies, it's going to be a good announcement tomorrow.

Attached: 1552621290790.jpg (1024x576, 165K)

Yes, if I recall correctly from a size comparison chart, grunts size up to a 6 ft. tall marine.

scratch unto the breach of top tier. in my head i was thinking into the fray. the only thing that matches bungie is persian gate.

>persian gate
>edge of umbra
>roman blue
Those are awful lol

youtube.com/watch?v=eN_tD5y6k6s

Didn't Dirt also get a motion comic adaption?

I think you meant
c
>euclid's anvil, roman blue, song of the east
d-
>persian gate, unto the breach
f
>wink of an eye, dark was the night, edge of umbra

Anybody remember how fucking broken Halo 5's AI in warzone was?

goddamn fucking human stick-babs need to embrace a total-population spartan eugenics program asap
absolutely disgraceful to be the smallest sentient race jesus christ we're fucking hobbits

Attached: N-NOO.png (765x685, 861K)

youtube.com/watch?v=NEs3Muaq-kk

Thank god for that. I have no idea how Halo 4 will get sales outside of a bundle.

I'd go with

C+ Rank
>euclid's anvil
D Rank
>song of the east
E(dgy) Rank
>edge of umbra
>unto the breach
>wink of an eye
>dark was the night
Lmao nigga wtf you doing Rank
>roman blue
>persian gate
UNSC Adjective Noun would be a better ship name

I'm sorry but if you have a >lmao nigga wtf you doing Rank and you didn't put """"UNSC Wink of an Eye"""" in there, you're asleep at the wheel

swap reach and 4

That last rank was for lazy names more than anything. But user I think you're not too right in the head if you think UNSC Wink of an Eye is somehow more deserving of a lesser rating than UNSC Dark was the Night

If you guys are so excited about this, why didn’t you just get it along with an XBone? It’s been out for years.

Attached: 2CB5FC85-FC06-40C3-AFB3-620D77F5F22C.jpg (568x491, 69K)

they arn't that bad. better than single word names.

>buying an xbone just for halo after they killed cortana and aborted the lore
>buying an xbone just for halo after halo 4 didn't last a month

Why buy an Xbox when i have a good computer?

> TFW you bought an XB1 for Halo 5 pre-release

> TFW you should have bought a PS4

Attached: 1552645772627.jpg (563x960, 73K)

I did. Played it earlier this evening. I'm excited to play with my PC friends and to see if it'll have decent mod support.

Not as far as I am aware

There isn't a reason to anymore

I hope the Reach remaster doesn't have that awful blur effect on gun animations

Have you read the books? Nylund did a pretty good job making Chief feel pretty human. Then again, i haven't played 4 since release, i really only remember chief wanting to save her pretty badly. that and the didact totally jobbed. leave it to 343 to blow their load early and kill the only villain with enough clout to be a trilogy spanning antagonist in the first fucking entry. Cortana being 'fixed' in 5 by being uploaded into a forerunner system is trash as well because the forerunners' tech couldn't even prevent guilty spark from going rampant. 5 also fucks up potential for another meaningful villain by killing off Job 'Mdama in the first goddamn mission this time. That would've given the Sangheli homeworld missions and the swords of sanghelios much more agency. don't even get me started on the warden, prometheans, and the fucking guardian bullshit ripped straight from mass effect.

No, Reach was inconsistent with everything including itself, had a bad campaign, story, levels, and characters, and almost killed Halo with low sales. it's very much the Other M of the series, Halo 5 is also Other M because the story was so bad it made the devs put the series on break so they could rethink their direction with the next game.

Did we play the same game?

cope

>getting it on xbone after it was trash for apparently years before they ALLEGEDLY fixed it
>having a Xbone
>paying a subscription fee for multiplayer

you're in one

Look it might be cringy shit but at least you can see what the naming commitee was trying to do.
What the fuck even is 'wink of an eye'?
What the fuck are the sailors stationed on that going to do when they have to write home?
What part of that name belongs on a battlefield? Can you even make a sports team theme with it? A fucking closed eyeball? What the fuck were they thinking?
>ehuehue we're gonna wink at them so intimidating!

>UNSC Two for Flinching
fucking kek. bungie really were some top lads

Next they'll march out
>UNSC Holding hands

i lol'd harder than i should've
>UNSC Adjective Noun
i'll come up with a couple, r8 me fags
>UNSC Wishing Star
>UNSC Hidden Canopy
>UNSC Spiral Arm
>UNSC Backbone
>UNSC Davy Jones' Locker
>UNSC Big Iron
>UNSC Dark Soul
>UNSC Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe

>Windows 10

no thanks

Attached: dbc1c5a6d6ed68dc481365bb694667c2e0ef43e8bd28c5062a1963295a8bdf81.jpg (1200x1200, 127K)

>UNSC Three's a crowd

UNSC The Bigger They Are...

>UNSC Carpe Diem

Attached: 1433724102165.gif (260x187, 156K)

>UNSC Damn near killed em

>UNSC Doubting Thomas

They are being released in chronological order, dipshit. That's why Reach is first. Halo CE is next.

>UNSC Piece of Cake

>UNSC A Doctor About That

>UNSC It takes Two to Tango