What do I need to make Call of Chernobyl work? Do I need all 3 games? Just 1 of them? If the latter, which?

What do I need to make Call of Chernobyl work? Do I need all 3 games? Just 1 of them? If the latter, which?

And is there any way to make Clear Sky not suck?

Attached: 886972885_preview_Stalker-Call-of-Chernobyl-09.png (460x215, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl-hd-models-addon/downloads/wip-hd-models-build-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What do I need to make Call of Chernobyl work? Do I need all 3 games? Just 1 of them? If the latter, which?
Only Call of Pripyat is needed.
>And is there any way to make Clear Sky not suck?
Install REBORN.

>Call of Chernobyl
abandonware

>Only Call of Pripyat is needed
Nope.
Call of Chernobyl is standalone doesn't need any game.

>abandonware
Like every single big STALKER mod after winning Moddb Mod of Year award.

>standalone

That sounds convenient. Maybe I'll check it out.

Are there any major known issues?

It's abandoned.
There's 2 big standalone mods right now Anomaly brings CoC to 64 bits and Dead Air (this mod is fucking hard).

For me personally it liked to crash once every hour but I'm sure everyones mileage will vary on that.

My only problem with Anomaly is the graphics it looks too vanilla, graphics improvement are barely noticeable compared with Dead Air.
But I love Anomaly because performance it never crashes. I want Dead Air 64 bits.

Attached: 333.jpg (1920x2160, 1.27M)

>And is there any way to make Clear Sky not suck?
i replayed it recently, all i installed was the game itself and weapon pack. it was pretty fun

Attached: pk.webm (1000x422, 2.85M)

My problem with Dead Air is the difficulty I don’t why the fuck they made it so hard even a tushkano can kill you.
Anomaly feels like CoC easy to play and have fun.

A functioning brain.
And a better attention span.

> I don’t why the fuck they made it so hard
Because Dead Air mean to be the most "hardcore" STALKER experience that's why is based on dead project like Last Day and MISERY but it goes too far. I agree Anomaly is the successor of CoC, it bring the classic CoP experience but better and without crashes.
Dead Air is a fancy looking mod ruined by the difficuly level and the 32 bits engine.

That's not what I meant by "mag dump", Vladim!

Attached: 10259319_879438052142512_2356237461636118817_n.jpg (500x395, 46K)

>Unused ammo dropped when reloading
What mod?

AI was pretty dumb overall, i can't blame them

Arsenal Overhaul on base game. I feel like this kind of stuff is something x-ray engine could pull off as a bug, and i saw it only once through my entire playthrough.

Attached: derp.webm (800x338, 2.92M)

they changed this years ago, you need a """valid""" copy of cop installed on your pc

I wanted to try misery, but it literally freezes for few seconds when enemy attacks me , and when it unfreezes - i end up dead . Never had this problem with other mods mods, any ideas what to do?

Dead Air was the most boring lackluster experience I had with STALKER. I don't remember if they still have no choice but to start as loner anymore but that was my first biggest gripe with it, along with the "hardcore" ltx values like reduced running speed or ridiculous ai detection in an engine where the ai already sees you through obstacles anyway, honestly it was a giant hot pile of shit.

Play Anomaly instead, they had an update recently and made the experience very wholesome, even for a knife neckbeard like me.

Attached: Yantar1 Underground1.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

No you don't.
CoC doesn't even have a .exe to install just unzip and play. I don't own any legit STALKER game and I play CoC.
Is totally standalone.

Anomaly also looks good. Here's a comparison I personaly prefer Dead Air graphics but Anomaly brings back the option to play with any faction so this is more fun.

Dead Air.

Attached: da.jpg (1920x1080, 654K)

Anomaly.

Attached: a.jpg (1920x1080, 799K)

looks awful. Has that annoying, modern neon-green piss filter, and try-hard brown'n'bloom visual style.
Better, but washed out.
What's with modern devs and modders hating crisp visuals and actual colors? Everyone seems to de-sat shadows as well, even if they're meant to bend towards blueish hues during bright spring & summer days.

CoC is a free play standalone mod you don’t need anything.

I am not happy with the direction mods are taking the game. I mean adding realism is perfectly fine, making anomalies more deadly is great too, hunger and sleep and other enviroment related challenges are exactly what i want - but why the everloving fuck the mods increase amount of animals and human enemies? The place feels like turkish bazaar, wit all the commotion and activity. And on semi related note, why every single mod increases human enemy skills? I understand that elite PMC mercenaries are badass motherfuckers, but come the fuck on, half-drunk gopnik with rusty makarov, or barely trained conscript private should not be terminator aimbot. Sure, with right tactics you can deal with them, but thats not the point - them being as fast and accurate as mods make them kills the immersion for me.

I can understand why some people like desaturated environments because it fits in with the overall theme of hopelessness but those sharpen filters are meme-tier and it's always been a hard pass for me.

It's sunlight in that picture, key giveaway the hard cast shadows. In sunlight, warm light, shadows are cold, and not necessarily always blue, that is reflected sky light scattering from the ground onto every surface. Sometimes there's other colors like green or something from the ground on the walls reflected but it's very subtle and you can understand you can't raytrace everything in this engine so for what it is, it does alright.

>but why the everloving fuck the mods increase amount of animals and human enemies?
You can change the rate of spawns in the in-game options. I have it turned up to max and I still manage to clear a huge area like Jupiter in a few in-game hours, enough that you literally have no choice but to go to sleep so the game spawns content into the game so you can make some cash because there's nothing to do, noone to meet and nowhere to go for anything worthwhile.
You're playing a game where the AI knows where you are almost all the time and shoots you through shrubbery, there's not much to do about that unfortunately but you can get good enough to never get hit once, that's basically how I play it, with a knife.

I also like the dark blood effect on Dead Air.

Attached: aaa.jpg (1920x1080, 870K)

you don't need anything installed, you just need a registry entry for cop.

And I fucking hate this anime-looking loners/stalkers.
I this it is one of the most out of place models on Anomaly.

Attached: ann.jpg (1920x1080, 688K)

It's the only model like that in the game.
If you're autistic enough to care about this you can kill her and you can turn off the models back to classic in the options. Although I think most of them fit in the setting just fine.

I used to this kind of loners.

Attached: daaaaa.jpg (1920x1080, 722K)

Nah. Anomaly does it better. Especially bandits. Classic tri poloski.

Attached: Jupiter Bandits.webm (1920x1080, 2.98M)

Same as Dead Air. both mods uses Ninja's HD model pack but Anomaly was edited with new faces.

Attached: deee.jpg (1920x1080, 619K)

Attached: dee.jpg (1920x1080, 553K)

Last time I played I don't remember them. Might give it a try see what's new.

Hey, it's the morrowind fanbase

If the Moddb version of Dead Air isn't updated yet (testing purposes) use this moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl-hd-models-addon/downloads/wip-hd-models-build-3 It will be included in the upcoming public release.

Does meme air still encourage you to make friends with every faction?

>upcoming public release
FUCKING WHEN?

REEEEEEEE

Attached: 56784586.png (258x126, 44K)

you can change the color filter to any RGB value you want in dead air. this is my game.

Attached: xrEngine 2018-12-09 01-08-22-14.png (1920x1080, 3.51M)

another screen from dead air. I just like any mod that does autumn vegetation

Attached: xrEngine 2018-12-08 23-22-03-33.png (1920x1080, 3.22M)

>All of this (and lot more) is waiting for you in the next patch, which is coming out someday!

upvote if you agree

Attached: xrEngine 2018-10-14 10-59-44.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

>it's another walking through the back end of swamps and game suddenly goes from late afternoon to completely dark in literally 30 seconds episode

Attached: xrEngine 2018-10-15 07-25-56.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

>it's a JESUS FUCKING CHRIST FUCK DEAD AIR WAREHOUSES episode

Attached: xrEngine 2018-10-10 09-41-15.jpg (1920x1080, 483K)

RadioPhobia 2 also uses those models. All STALKER mods are the fucking same.

>you just need a registry entry for cop

How the fuck do you get that?

[eight fucking bloodsuckers noises]

you don't even need a registry entry, just add -skip_reg to the shortcut

Attached: xrEngine 2018-10-16 07-38-44.jpg (1920x1080, 317K)

is this what happens to you if you get NWF'd?

>not the pink shoes model

>female stalkers

Attached: 1526425589068.jpg (478x680, 112K)

Attached: 1526422442876.jpg (800x800, 355K)