Why do people here pretend to like this game?

Why do people here pretend to like this game?
It was just another forgettable GTA wannabe in a sea of GTA wannabes, it wasn't until the next game where they started making it more wacky that the series had it's own identity.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCyGvGEtOwc
youtube.com/watch?v=8W4W4wcZ4Lk
youtube.com/watch?v=pOYh5MziFKU
youtube.com/watch?v=4OWD_riShgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's such a mess, and it becoming "wacky and zany" just made the series reddit cringe and I just cannot take it seriously, watchdogs having the cool hacking bullshit and sleeping dogs being normie sub-par yakuza made them at least worthwhile in comparison to the hot mess that the saints row series is.

>GTA wannabe in a sea of GTA wannabes
Jesus christ do people forget how much of a massive step-down GTA4 was in the sandbox department, the 2 games aren't even comparable in tone, much less design
The wacky tone of SR3 made the series generic as a whole and more "try-hard to be different" than what people think SR2 is

Attached: 52ee8410-a87f-0133-b348-0e438b3b98d1.gif (400x225, 339K)

>it was just another forgettable GTA wannabe in a sea of GTA wannabe
no saints row 2 is what was great about gta after 4 abandoned all the all the things that made it fun

I don't dislike 2.
I just like 3 and 4 better.

It has all the fun of the PS2 era GTA games minus all of the shit in them that aged like shit

People like to be contrarian and pretend they played SR before it was popular with SR3.

SR3 was their breakthrough, and anyone who pretends SR1 and 2 were good are delusional.

>watchdogs having the cool hacking bullshit
>cool hacking

Opinion discarded

DO YOU FEEL LIKE A MAN
WHEN YOU PUSH HER AROUND

Attached: 20190304184054_1.jpg (1920x1080, 419K)

>pretend they played saints row 2
How old are you?

How old are you?

The gangs were cool and so was the "open world experience". You also got to make your own character and customize their clothing and cars extensively.

I'm 29, and have been here since 2004. I'm a boomer, show some respect.

Saints Row 2's story is higher quality than any GTA game and feels like watching a crime movie while still having fun gameplay

N-no one must know my secret
youtube.com/watch?v=aCyGvGEtOwc

It’s the second best GTA game after San Andreas. Show some goddamn respect.

TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME

t. 22 year olds

youtube.com/watch?v=8W4W4wcZ4Lk

SR2 had its own identity tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=pOYh5MziFKU
youtube.com/watch?v=4OWD_riShgU
It's a shame that the Samedi quests didn't have anything that matched the other two in terms of kino.

Nigga are you autism? SR2 was considered the better one of the two and many fans of the series thought it dropped off with 3

Saints Row 2 is better than GTA 4 in pretty much every aspect.

Yeah, the Samedi were tacked on at the end. They were supposed to be a gang of anarchists called the leaders of progression but the design was changed late in production.

Notice how the Samedi missions are lazy. Especially the last one. The Samedi are the only gang in the game that doesn't kill off a character.

Attached: Untitled.png (1080x720, 482K)

They probably could have killed of Shaundi. Maybe have had them kidnap her and force her to OD as the Boss gets there a moment too late. Would have made the end fight feel a bit more worthwhile, their boss was pretty cool.

To be fair the Samedi missions are the only ones that changed the world in a major, from the players perspective, way.
The others just killed off some NPCs that existed in cutscenes for those missions.

>HOLY SHIT THIS CAR HAS A CD PLAYER!?

SR2 was excellent. 3 and onwards was complete fucking garbage.

Lol what the fuck? 3 was considered a massive step down from 2, everybody who played 2 hated 3.

Read the first five words he wrote, and nothing else.

Of course they do, that's why you see people actually praising GTA4 for doing nothing at all. That's the standard of sandbox games these days.

>Muh identiy
I swear, this is like "Muh atmosphere" when it comes to Fallout 3 autists.

Aside from controls, Saints Row 2 is the far superior game.

>everybody who played 2 hated 3.
speak for yourself

Just played it recently with XB1X and it holds up really well. The one thing that I loved about the game is how diverse each neighborhood is.

It has one of the best world designs I've seen in an open world game, and it's predecessors can't even hold a candle to it's name.

>PC port still runs like shit
How the fuck did they miss this up.

Attached: 36081299_p0.jpg (1269x946, 644K)

EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD

Didn't they lose the source code or some shit like that? I think if they could, they would have fixed the PC version by now like what they did with Red Faction Guerrilla.

Sr2 was everything people liked about San Andreas except they perfected the formula. The diversity of the world from NPCs to activities makes it miles better than sr3. I wanted to like the new game but it was such a huge let down. The upgrade system was a mess, the cribs had zero variety and the rival gangs were absolute dog shit. Going lol so random xD route was the worst decision they could have made. Anyone who thinks it was the superior game was never able to get sr2 to run right on PC and instantly dismissed it or just have shit taste because they were a teenager when sr3 came out

The Boss was such an evil bastard in 2 that makes it hard to believe he's the same person in all games. i mean in 4 he becomes the President of the United States so I know not to take that shit seriously but still.

Attached: Playa.png (1920x800, 1.54M)

Its a fun game. Now blow it out your ass and go back to doing dances in fartnight on your twitch feed OP.

Attached: sip post.jpg (380x349, 35K)

>tfw Saints Row was supposed to be the same universe as Red Faction but 4 and beyond fucked it up.

Attached: angery.jpg (1280x720, 77K)