Half-Life 2 is better than Half-Life 1. Prove me wrong. Pro-tip:It's all subjective

Half-Life 2 is better than Half-Life 1. Prove me wrong. Pro-tip:It's all subjective

Attached: half life 2.jpg (460x215, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com
merriam-webster.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Agreed, and EP2 is the best one in the entire series

FULLY

MODELLED

CERVIX

What do people like about HL2?
There is so little good about it.
It can't be the absolutely objectively horrible vehicle sections.
Or the objectively horrible combat.
Maybe the depressingly squandered plot?
Can't be the terrible enemy variety.
Can't be the tech demo tier puzzles.
Wheres the appeal? Just play a better game like HL1.

I don't think you can compare both games since they were both made in very different times using different technology. I prefer Half-Life's weapons but I enjoy playing Half-Life 2 more, I think it has something to do with the levels, I can beat Half-Life 2 as many times as I want, but Half-Life 1 always feels like a slog during some of the levels.

Attached: file.png (225x225, 59K)

thats a funny way of saying the lost coast

They're all trash games and I'm glad there not going to be another. Hope you like shartifact

>worse enemy variety
>worse weapon variety
>heavier scripting
I like HL2 but HL1 is the better game.

played hl2 first and loved but for me hl1 is better

I wonder what you consider a good game.

>heavier scripting
I thought both games were heavily scripted corridor shooters?

Fornite, and anything released on the Epic Store.

Not really. After the opening cutscene the first game pretty much just lets you go at your own pace. Expect to be locked in a room to listen to NPCs chatter at least a dozen times over the course of HL2.

HL1 had more soul, more interesting setting, more enemies, cooler weapons and better mods

HL2 was decent, but honestly, if it wasn't for the gravity gun, the entire game would've been boring as fuck.
I liked the striders and the part where vortigaunts saved Freeman, but that's pretty much all the memorable things I can think about.
HL2 has good modding too, but HL1 has so much more variety, it's amazing.

Anything but linear corridor shooters that lead to excessive amounts of shitposting and memes. Le physics puzzles and "scripted cutscenes" where you have to stand for a retarded npc to complete a retarded sequence for a shitty story only made it worse.

Also fuck Ross.

Right, so you mean there are just more cutscenes spread out throughout the game to set the narrative.

@454740419
you'll get your (you) when you stop evading the question

0 fucks given

is there a mod that replaces hl2's airsoft tier guns with hl1's guns?

The last great corridor shooter.

Yeah, there are replacement for all the weapons in the game. You can also get SMOD that just adds a shitload of weapons.

>Half Life establishes Xen, a pretty unique aesthetic with diverse designs, some that got cut and could be revised in the sequel
>Instead even more of Xen is cut, while the newly introduced Combine aesthetic is also havely downsized
And for that fact alone, I am out
It could have explored a world of 3 way clash between Earth, Xen and Combine faunas/synths, but instead it ends up a pretty dull experience where you shoot zombies, soldiers and some bugs.
This also left a huge mark on the Modding scene, as there was a limited amount of AI that could be used in creating new enemies.

maybe, but hl1 had the better mod scene

>confuses objectively with subjectively
I've got the definitions for you if you need them.
Objectively:in a way that is not influenced by personal feelings or opinions.
Subjectively:in a way that is based on personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

I know what objectively and subjectively mean, I'm still correct.

Could you mod in the replacement guns into the installed game or do I have to go through the process of installing the SDK and etc. again?

Not quite sure about that. Here's a website where you can check the definitions for yourself.
dictionary.com

HL2 is objectively a shit game and I subjectively fucked your mom

Not sure how you can subjectively fuck my mom. If you want a more trusted dictionary then you can go to the merriam-webster dictionary.
merriam-webster.com