Remember me?

Remember me?

Attached: the_better_just_cause.jpg (202x249, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dEbE3fGfF-o
youtube.com/watch?v=tbu237OQvGw
youtube.com/watch?v=WT2bbV-Dez0
youtu.be/SuBY8nKUx-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=S6q1sNuselw&t=0s&list=PLD6394229076EBF43&index=4
youtu.be/qoyIPqlMQ5s?list=PLD6394229076EBF43
youtube.com/watch?v=nLRsGz7nqiY
youtube.com/watch?v=szzZQwawELc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OH NO

yea haha
youtu.be/dEbE3fGfF-o

NEVER FORGET

Attached: image.jpg (220x332, 31K)

EvERy bODy PaYs

Attached: badass_swede.jpg (300x225, 15K)

OOOOHHH NOOOOOO

Back when EA released half decent games

OH NO YOU DI'IN'T

BUMPER CARS

ya mean before ea closed down every passable developer

mercenaries 2 was a shit
mercenaries 1 was awesome though

remember when venezuelans threw a shitfit over this game? what a timeline we live on

Remember me?
youtube.com/watch?v=tbu237OQvGw

Remember when Venezuela was a country that could afford to throw a shitfit over a video game? Hahaha! Gracias, comunismo!

Attached: wire-3022784-1526759426-381_634x422[1].jpg (634x422, 41K)

First time I realized a sequel game could actually be worse

Does playing the PC version with controller fixes the unresponsive vehicles movement?

LOL @ the trumpanzee blaming Venezuela's state on communism and not corruption.

jp;u

holy shit he was the guy who had the "bumper cars" line!? Holy shit holy fuck I always wondered. That's one of the few things in kitty videos I didn't get the reference to.

I remember you as another mediocre case of EA ruining everything they touched with marketing better than the actual game. This ERA of gaming in particular EA was going hard at removing everything good from games

>Communism
>Not being inherently corrupt

>communism
>corruption
Tomatoes, tomatoes.

>this is your brain on russian propaganda

I have never drank a Russian Propaganda, I assume it has vodka in it.

I think about the tank tread motorcycle pretty regularly

I remember how ridiculous it was that that game of all games handled gun magazines realistically.

too bad they didn't release on pc

but they did

oh the first one didn't but the second did ok neat. i didn't even know merc 2 was on 360 and ps3 desu thought it was just ps2

70% of the economy is in private hand.
Even France would be more communist than Venezuela.

>pseudo-communist propaganda is anti-communism reeeee
WHOA

the ps2 version was my first one and an ok game but some missions where nearly impossible to beat with these controls and fps rate
I would definetly recommend the pc version

Of course I remember you, I always played you on my older brothers laptop till it was too hot to continue functioning.

I remember enjoying the shit out of the first game on xbox, it was absolute kino. Then I blindly bought the sequel through the online store thinking I was in for a treat. I was FUCKED

Attached: 1534651810504.jpg (322x268, 8K)

interesting
what was the problem?

They were both good games on console.
The PC port of the 2nd was absolutely horrible.

Based Boomer poster

1 > 2 on 360/ps3 >>>>>>>>>>>> 2 on ps2
youtube.com/watch?v=WT2bbV-Dez0

Sorry man, I cant remember shit when theres all these DmC and halo threads in my face all the time

the PC graphics were literal dogshit, I thought I entered a timewarp the water was so bad. and the gameplay was a huge regression, not to mention the comfy atmosphere of foggy korea was replaced by literal SHIT

Attached: M2-07-large.jpg (1258x946, 224K)

cmon, the graphics?
I could understand your problem with the atmosphere change but at least the game kept its overall style and not butchered it completely like bioshock infinite did

correct

Idk why they did a 180 on the atmosphere.

youtu.be/SuBY8nKUx-Q

>have to jump through a few hoops to play it co-op
>Mercenaries 1 is STILL locked on PS2/Xbox hardware

Attached: conti.png (634x435, 370K)

bullshit, it lost its artistic direction completely. The first game had stylistic fog and haze, more defined shapes to the characters and just felt more refined. Its sequel looks like someone made it without playing the first, its literally missing its soul.

Attached: Han_solo_in_mercs_1.jpg (640x480, 35K)

I disagree. Mercs 2 is different, a lot more colorful and way sillier. Mercs 1 has dry humor and is way more serious business. I love both.

Attached: the_viking_merc_by_invisiblepredator-d5g0oz2.jpg (1063x752, 173K)

>The first game had stylistic fog and haze
>DRAW DISTANCE BAD
kys

>I love both.
peace to you brother, I just couldn't let go of the comfort value of the first game.

remember when Swedes were badass?
I don't

what are you ragging about you cunt? PoD had haze and fog to simulate the war torn Korean battlefied, who the fuck mentioned draw distance? literal WUT

I agree, although this
fan art is pretty great.

Mercs 1 is literally the only game I keep my XBox Fat around for. I actually did a play through a few months ago and found out that there's 2 endings to the game; one were you capture/kill Song and disable the nukes, and another where you capture/kill Song but fail to disable the nukes - you get a cutscene where Adriana Livingston is in a chopper with a radiation suit, talking about the devastation. , then it boots you back to the beginning of the game. I felt cockblocked.

Attached: 1508783474423.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

Yeah, not as good as the first.

I disagree, I think it added to the ambience. I dare say that they went with that atmosphere because of the hardware limitations of the era.

To me, it's like TTYD->SPM. It was jarring at first, but after I got over the first impressions, I really liked it, even with its flaws.
Now, Sticker Star, oh fuck.

And EA killed the third game, so we'll never know what might have been.

Attached: 18j2uz7kaoy9kjpg.jpg (800x449, 70K)

>dude this game is awesome because you can't see more than 50 yards ahead of you
I played silent hill too

RIP

>that soundtrack in Mercs 1

It's amazing how a PS2 era open world game managed to be so atmospheric

Attached: 1464193682533.gif (219x186, 1.76M)

youtube.com/watch?v=S6q1sNuselw&t=0s&list=PLD6394229076EBF43&index=4

You want atmosphere? Go play Pandemic's magnum opus.

Attached: The_Saboteur_by_p0tat0eboy.jpg (1680x1050, 995K)

Attached: 515MW133GCL.jpg (349x500, 48K)

Mercs 1 was one of my favorite games and I miss it dearly.

All they need to do is just.. remake it or something. Surely they can remake it in Frostbite or something.

youtu.be/qoyIPqlMQ5s?list=PLD6394229076EBF43

youtube.com/watch?v=nLRsGz7nqiY

best song from each game is their title screen

Best game soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=szzZQwawELc

Attached: Herewegoagain.jpg (335x308, 11K)

Imagine being so retarded you can watch your shit ideology fail over and over and still never learn.

is there a more kino intro sequence?
you should try emulating it, it looks and plays fine you just need to enable frame buffer conversion
only thing that doesn't work are the videos but you probably can get them working by tweaking some settings

Attached: Slot_ 0 _ Speed_ 100 (59.98) _ NTSC _ Limiter_ Normal _ GSdx OGL HW _ 1536x1341 _ Automatic _ Interl (1103x720, 2.8M)

Get it on Xbox one

The first one was ten times better

I remember my friend playing this game with me on his PS2 way back when. We used his dads printer to print out an IGN guide with all the cheat codes and it turned out to be like 100 pages. His dad was PISSED

My guess would be
>test audience

user, I personally think graphics never needed to get better than the PS2 in terms of visual quality, but the guy you're replying to is right. Fog has always been a way to cover for short draw distance.

so basically silent hill?

>that resolution
is that fucking running on PCSX2?

Attached: 1376675626217.jpg (2112x1060, 400K)

>No LAN support
>Hijacking vehicles requires a long annoying button-mashing QTE, every time
>No cheats to skip these QTEs

So close and yet so far.

>what is Leninism?

>>No LAN support
There's a get-around that, if you're so inclined.

This was one of the first games, maybe THE first game, that I had a full regret for purchasing. I was a new boot on active duty, got myself a PS3 for christmas of 2008, bought this and a few other games...

And I don't think I played more than 30 minutes of this trash. Holy shit.

>there are people who played Mercenaries PS2 version instead of the xbox

Attached: 1551644709192.jpg (206x206, 7K)

had a really surreal experience as a sophomore in high school this strange senior kept trying to hang out with me. He wasn't a weirdo, it was just odd that he was trying to hang out with me, i thought i was just some nerd. We ended up driving around with his college girlfriend who played this song from her MP3 player in the car while they both sang it loudly. I didn't even recognize it so i had no idea what was going on, i thought it was the beastie boys or something

I just had this experience with Lords of the Fallen last night but fortunately it was 5 bucks. But my god, that game is not mediocre, it's TRASH. Totally god awful and unplayable.