Metroid thread

this is the best female protagonist in any video game ever, nothing you can post will ever change that fact

metroid thread, I just got done 100% AM2R again and might play Super later.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (513x550, 69K)

FUCK YOU SAMUS
DOOM THREAD

Attached: 220px-Doomguy_(Doom_2016).png (220x352, 102K)

FUCK YOU CUNT
STAR WARS THREAD

Attached: 14948964443445.png (435x523, 339K)

IM GONNA HAVE TO TAKE YOU BOTH ON AT THE SAME TIME

Attached: samus_vs_sa_x_by_ffxdavios-d9j7ztq.png (1280x782, 707K)

>this is the best female protagonist in any video game ever
for the most part her personality is non-existant and the one game where it was prominent she was fucking insufferable

Attached: samuswtf.jpg (341x354, 35K)

retard

BUT BUT BUT SHE HAS A COOL ARMOR SUIT AND A BIG ARM CANNON AND IS A BADASS

please explain

I think its agreed apon we all ignore Other M.

I highly doubt any future games will reference it.

>has no discernible personality outside of performing a strip tease if you finish the game fast enough
>being female is a literal plot twist, that's how little personality she has
>best female protagonist

Attached: 1552346069272.png (403x448, 53K)

You were defeated by blind drunk smuggler.

BEGONE COWARDS
MEGAMAN THREAD

Attached: Mhx_vilegrasp.jpg (822x1282, 235K)

Until she speaks, takes off her armor, or does anything to go against people's preconceived notions of her. Then her fans become psychotic.

Samus is the worst of both worlds: not enough character to actually be endearing, but just enough to prevent her from being a true blank slate.

Havent played them all recently in succession I can say that
SR > M2 > AM2R

AM2R actually got worse, I played it when it first came out and it didnt have as much retarded fanfiction in it

>giving a shit about personality in a fucking videogame

Westerners are a mistake

Yes honey, your post is retarded

Having* played

That's because people keep adding crap to it.

The original developer was done with it at 1.1

Favorite power-up?

She's a bounty hunter from outer space, cruising the sector in search of her arch rival, who in turn harnesses an alien jelly-like parasite capable of sapping suns. What the fuck don't you get?

op here, SR is definitely my favourite of the 3 metroid 2s, am2r is pretty fun though, fucking hate the gamma metroids in it though, really annoying

tough one but either screw attack or speed booster, screw attack has always been the best reward

Speedbooster. Gotta go fast.

Attached: Spiral Power Acquired.jpg (700x840, 437K)

Oh I dont hate it but I really dont like the metroid fights in that game, I just crouch and spam missiles
metroids can also randomly decide they are not getting hit by a missile by either doing a quick dodge or generating a nail shield, its horrible game design.
Also the fanfiction and how it got worse, I actually enjoyed M2 better somehow, I was surprised myself I expected AM2R to come on top or very close, but I had the least fun with it, its fun to move in it because its zero mission but thats it

>She's a bounty hunter from outer space, cruising the sector in search of her arch rival, who in turn harnesses an alien jelly-like parasite capable of sapping suns. What the fuck don't you get?
What is there to get? She is a silent protagonist with zero personality. Her being female doesn't inform her character in the slighest, so why would you praise her for being a female character?

Heck, if you were to make her male, you wouldn't even have to change her appearance.

>for the most part her personality is non-existant
That's the best part, user.

That's not a personality, that's a job.

She has personality though
>silent
THE LAST METROID IS IN FUCKING CAPTIVITY

I've only played through OG M2 once and don't plan too do so ever again because that and NEStroids are just games I won't enjoy going back to but I agree with AM2R, the movement is a lot of fun, and I think the non-metroid fights are pretty fun, other than the fucking 360 disk thing. diggernaut is still better tho. and i prefer SM movement

not being able to discern a person's character just because their actions are subtle is a sign of autism

>THE LAST METROID IS IN FUCKING CAPTIVITY
So Samus is supposed to sound like a nasally voiced middle-aged dude? Because I doubt we were supposed to think that was Samus speaking.

>She has personality though
How? What does she do that evidences any personality? I don't think she even has any idle animations.

>not being able to discern a person's character just because their actions are subtle is a sign of autism

>jumping and shooting monsters, the same thing you do in every video game
>subtle actions

Attached: 1552471961527.png (1000x432, 165K)

What makes her a great female protagonist is because she's the face of a legendary series that was a key part of the golden age of games.
She may not have a ton of depth, but the fact that she's so iconic and high profile while also being a female who is as cool as any other game character is important. It's what shows that games have never had the female representation problem that so many accuse them of; right from the beginning, you had a female character who subverted typical female roles in fiction.

Attached: 2d_endings.jpg (600x340, 48K)

Samus does have a personality, she's a military graduate with friends. Her sociability is ranged from amicable to downright ornery.

The manga is canon
She also speaks a crapload in fusion and in other m
She is caring, has a sense of duty, likes animals, has a naive side, wants to trust the federation, has daddy issues for having his real daddy murdered and then being raised by birds instead of humans, is ruthless when she needs to be, is in constant zen like state while wearing the suit because if she is unstable she cant use it
Its a personality m8 even if you dont like it

Good to see the bait is all it took to get a thread rolling.

WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE SUIT GUYS

Attached: 1543704232145.png (673x673, 484K)