Metal Gear Rising was 6 years ago

>Metal Gear Rising was 6 years ago

Attached: raiden.jpg (1920x1080, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5SNo8h-KfAU
youtu.be/gV1BMUg4NsA?t=1196
cdkeys.com/pc/games/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-pc-steam-cd-key
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We need another game like MGS4 and MGS2 combined and set in the future.

they should have started with Jetstream in the first game then Raiden in the second
Jetstream is really fucking cool

FUCK AMERICAN PRIDE
FUCK THE MEDIA

youtube.com/watch?v=5SNo8h-KfAU

How come I find Metal Gear Rising so fun, but any DMC game I play boring?

MGR > DMC

It's on games with gold, worth it?

Good thing this overrated shit never got sequel

I couldn't even beat the tutorial boss in this.

>it's been 6 years since Yea Forums had any semblence of identity and community

>can't be run on macs anymore because DRM

Attached: Sure_Got_Told_400x400.png (400x400, 303K)

And I still haven’t forgotten it.
Game was the tits.

YEAAAAH THIS IS WHAT NATURE PLANNED

Because you're addicted to QTEs and setpieces you have no control over.

>all that glorious Sundowner posting

Lol macs

STANDING HERE
I REALIZE

Reminder that Armstrong was right and dindu nuffins

Or maybe it's because he likes enemies that are actually aggressive.

>Better music
>Better characters
>Gameplay isn't awkward and unintuitive
>cool setpieces and memorable bosses

And yet, you guys cream over DMC - why? I'm honestly not understanding what makes DMC better than games like this and Bayo, other than it's the OG.

in what universe did Yea Forums not cream over MGR?

platinum games lean havily on QTE's rather than raw gameplay.

Theres nothing wrong with cinematic games, but I will always prefer something that gives me more control.

>mfw that retarded parry system

Attached: literally shaking.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Yeah, they get real aggressive when the game goes full slo-mo so you can slice them up. Fucking badass!

parrying felt great because of that
more games should do directional parry

what are you on about
the parry system was great

The control scheme looks stupid on the surface, but it was done with the intention of keeping your thumb between square and X. This would allow you to take quicker actions.
>Square for light attacks
>X to jump
>X + direction of attack to parry
>Square for light attacks
>Square + X to dodge

I personally really appreciated it, but I can see how it bothered others

>PCf@s refuse to use a controller for games literally made for them

MGS2 > MGR > MGSV:GZ > MGS = MGS3 > MGSV: TPP > MGS4.

NG > DMC > Bayo > MGR > GH > W101 > Bayo 2 > DMC V > GoW [4] > DMC 4 > DmC > DMC 3 > NG 2 > NG 3 [RE] > DMC 2 > GoW > GoW 3 > GoW 2 > HS.

Laugh all you want but I've spent half a decade and probably around 2000 hours carefully verifying every single ranking above

Post yfw a sequel is announced this year, because it's actually fucking possible.

Attached: Squilliam.jpg (188x188, 8K)

Since you're so experienced in the genre, could you answer this question?

Consolefags were the first ones to complain once the demo was out.

Where are the acid games, the classic mg, metal gear solid mobile, Snake Revenge and Survive in your classement ? You are leaving a lot of games user.

because your taste is trash

>watching the first Revengeance trailers
>holy shit, wall running while deflecting bullets, this is gonna be awesome!
>gets removed from the final game

Attached: 1542818618591.jpg (663x579, 38K)

first trailer was basically a tech demo for fox engine

>what is Ninja run

>tfw watching the comments of Mgr during it's first announcement
>reee metal gear is dead this is shit! Kojima don't work on it it's shit!
Never change guys.

Attached: tumblr_n8o4j6TV7T1rftvj7o2_1280.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

MGR has blade mode

Enemies actually attack in MGR. Also it beats DMC at it's own game in spectacle and characterization

Attached: Consider the following.jpg (1080x1920, 306K)

>DMC1 is the best DMC game
Based

Eh I didn't really care about that much t b h

He's talking about mgrr, not mgs:r.
Speaking of mgs:r, the director of it is still at Konami, with most of the old KJP guys.

QTEs

>DmC > DMC 3
Ebin dude. Simply ebin.
Have a (You)

I don't like QTEs in games though.

MEMORIES BROKEN THE TRUTH GOES UNSPOKEN

>tfw survive have some rising weapons
Since all the weapons and gears from the other games in survive are from the Canon games, I guess this mean rising is canon for Konami.

Make sense since the producer of survive is now the general mg producer, and rising is his favorite project.

Attached: 43jayoqt3sb01.jpg (1279x1436, 207K)

Remember how good MGR looked when they first showed it off? Instead we got this trash. Such a shame.

I'm thinking about doing a Stormbringer run soon, I need that platinum.

Even though they're in the same genre they still play very differently. This is not uncommon and happens in every genre. I don't see why you would ask such a retard question, for example, just because you enjoy FPS games doesn't mean you would enjoy something like Call of Duty if you like Battlefield, because they still play very different from eachother.

>metal gear is dead
they were right though

>Love MGR played it up to very hard before getting burned out
>Only platinum game I really enjoyed that much. Maybe Vanquish but I never played God hard
>don't like Bayo

desu Bayonetta is overbloated with moves

> Devil May Cry 2 better than anything

Are speaking of MGRR first trailer or mgs r?
Mgsr is a totally different game, abandonned because Kojima didn't wanted to have some high staff members working on it since they were already on V. Director was a veteran KJP member but was more of an artist, and producer was a literal who.

I was refering to this, which is not in the final game youtu.be/gV1BMUg4NsA?t=1196

user a spin off don't kill a franchise.

they play different and dmc may not appeal to you

>horizontal wall running
I don't even remember that was supposed to be a thing

I have the same opinion but I already realized I like MGR exclusively because of the plot and characters.

You spend half a decade pushing out a turd of an opinion my dude

Attached: Delete This....jpg (1024x579, 63K)

America is diseased.
Rotten to the core.
There's no saving it - we need to pull it out by the roots.
Wipe the slate clean.
BURN IT DOWN!

Parry system was max comfy guess you couldn't beat Armstrong pleb.

Attached: IMG_1116.jpg (253x229, 12K)

I only care for either of that shit ironically. Its story and characters are retarded, in an endearing way. The gameplay is what I like so much about it

Of course. The crucial factor you are missing is that really we aren't discussing a single genre here. The original, DMC, which started it all, was in fact initially developed to be a Resident Evil game. So, while every successor to DMC is a pure action game, DMC itself is partly an adventure game. That's why it has the best environmental and enemy designs in the entire genre, the producer tricked the publisher into maintaining a budget and staffing fit for proper adventure game (including a paid trip to visit pre-modern architecture sites in Europe). So if you're judging it purely on action and not it's adventure/horror aspects it will come up short compared to its pure action successors like NG, Bayo, and MGR. In DMC your character is less agile, and the focus is limited to homing in to far away enemies and then juggling them. The DMC sequels are barely improvements in that regard, just adding wider movesets but having worse art design (including bosses). That's why DMC is not the best action game, and why its sequels suck compared to the competiton.

Interesting. I think the original DMC might be the one I haven't tried - I might track it down now

I can't stand main Metal Gear. I suck dick at stealth. But Revengance looks fun. Is it worth playing?

I've played all the MGS games and enjoyed them. I think MGR is better than all of them, barring MGS 1/2.

Yeah. It doesn't rely on you having any knowledge of previous titles

It's one of the most fun games ever released, even if you don't like action games if the story and characters don't put a smile on your face something has to be wrong with you.

>DMC2 better than anything
>DMC3 that low
>GOW2 lower than 1 and 3
this half decade stinking bait needs some explanations.

Yes. Also a year ago when I played it, two of the dlc's were free, maybe they still are.

MGR is still one of my favorite games, and I enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed any DMC, and even Bayo.

No excuse
cdkeys.com/pc/games/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-pc-steam-cd-key

I haven't played Survive yet, but it seems much better than the popular opinion on it would suggest. I intentionally omitted the 2D and portable games because I consider those to be inferior to even MGS4, simply because of the inherent limitations of their hardware.

While DMC 3 obviously has better combat and controls than DmC that advantage is almost completely negated by how inferior and uninspired the environments and enemies are compared to DmC, so much so that I suspect most fans of 3 would honestly prefer playing the Bloody Palace mode of 3 over the same amount of hours that a play through of DmC takes: that's absolutel proof they are aesthetically castrated and only care about how many ways a game gives them to pummel a lifeless dummy.

What I just said about DmC also applies to DMC2 vs GoW/HS.

Cope.

>explanations
See above. But the GoW trilogy rankings were toughest for me since I have no desire to replay that trash. Maybe you're right that 2 was best, but I remember the consensus (and my own instinct a decade ago) being that 2 was worse.

Because DMC's combat is fucking boring and not fun.

NG > Bayonetta > MGRR > Shittu May Cry

>I intentionally omitted the 2D and portable games because I consider those to be inferior to even MGS4
And to be specific, I mean acts 1 and 2. Obviously the older and portable games have segments better than the remainder of MGS4..

>playing an action game for the purty environments

You have to earn that retard
And on harder difficulty you have little time to do it

Attached: Titanium White.jpg (600x604, 19K)

I had given up on it ever happening, but if it did I would be pumped as fuck.

>be me at home party with 6 of my bros
>we all get a bit drunk
>start reenacting MGR scenes for the hell of it

>director is still at platinum, working on an unknown project, used the MGRR ost to motivate himself
>producer still at konami, now the new mg producer, love Rising
>writer apparently still at konami
>artists are freelance, in good relation with Konami, one even did some gears like pic related for survive
>Konami said they had some shit for 2019
>konami actually advertised the anniversary of Rising when they didn't for the past 5 years.
It's happening. And people won't cry this time since Kojima did jackshit for rising.

Attached: IMG_20190316_174907.jpg (1581x730, 131K)

i like dmc5 but i couldnt really get into the others
i think the parry mechanic in MGR is super satisfying and makes the game feel a lot more fun

MGR has satisfying, albeit simple gameplay and Blade Mode is a boon for fucking around.
The characterization is probably the best in the genre and the story isn't half bad, with a decent message. That said, it's not a very serious story.
I still like DMC more, but MGR has a special place in my heart.

I try playing MGR almost every year and after a session of 2 hours I have no more interest in it, every fucking time. I just can't stick to it and I don't know why.

Attached: 15390.jpg (1920x1080, 81K)

What happened to people who worked on MGSV Survive?

MGR is simple, even with Sam. Your job is to focus on one or two mechanics that rely mostly on timing. Performing complex fuckoff combos that need a billion inputs isn't really necessary.

Hell, Sam has like ten moves total, but he's still a load of fun to play. Compare that to Dante, who probably has around 100 attacks overall, with virtually infinite combinations possible. It can be overwhelming and unfun if you're not a master of the system.

I was the same way. sometime after getting past the first proper boss it clicked.

What's the first proper boss?

Standing from the perspective of someone who loves beat 'em up action games (DMC3/4, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta) but has never really cared about Metal Gear, I have to say this game is shit. Here is a game with flashy but shallow combat, awful QTEs, a Linkin Park inspired OST and is only four hours long. I wouldn't recommend it to anyway. Realize too that if you're a fan of the series that this game apparently shits all over the plot and characters of previous installments of the series.

You guys shit all over DmC for doing the same, but this game gets a free pass? Are you that hypocritical? Just because it's got a Platinum games logo, all is forgiven? Like the lackluster gameplay, uninspired level design, awful plot and everything else I mentioned? Me, I know shit when I see it. Trying to claim that this game is anything but that is rampant fanboyism, whether you're in the Platinum camp or the Metal Gear camp.

To sum things up, Revengeance is utter shit. Make my day and try and prove me wrong. History will prove me right, the game sold like shit and will be totally forgotten in a matter of years.

Attached: 1216341215371.png (322x392, 284K)

>cope

I don't need to cope with things i don't take serious

Attached: 1551663889278.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Maybe you just don't like action games

>Performing complex fuckoff combos that need a billion inputs isn't really necessary
I think the problem with DMC is that all that is not really necessary for beating enemies, either. It's necessary for getting a good grade and more points, in order to unlock more combos to... get a higher grade and more points (etc.). It's not a very satisfying loop i m o

If it hasn't been forgotten in 6 years (and 5 years of the port), why will it be forgotten in 10?

The lady with the robots

But DMC 5 is my first game of this genrewell, second and after I finished the story on a pirated version I bought it.

Attached: 1550507763150.png (1200x1200, 584K)

Action + beautiful context > superior combat. That's why DMC1 obviously outdoes DMC3 Bloody Palace (and in general).

Bosses in DMC act like Dark souls bosses,they have a very predictable moveset and instead of rolling to the side like in a dark souls game you air hike up him or dash to the side.In Rising you can parry

MGS Rising is the epitome of what a video game should be
>fun
>good replayability
>alot of custom stuff
>various weapons
>incredibly ost and boss battles
>memes

>alot of custom stuff
>various weapons

This is one of MGRs biggest downsides and stands out like a sore thumb in the genre, so no.

Attached: 1550624152009.png (800x450, 588K)

Well that means that you don't have much experience with the genre so it could be that you just happen to like DMC5. If MGR doesn't click for you in 2 hours then i doubt it ever will since the game goes all in from the start.

Attached: Ayane.webm (900x506, 2.27M)

You get as much weapons as you get from any DMC

NG 2?

>MGS2 best

Extremely high iq post

Razor's Edge

Fuck you you know nothing son

MGS3>MGS2>MGS4>MGS1>MGSV>MGS Peace Walker>MGS Portable OPS

DMC3>DMC4>DMC1>DMCV>dmc:devil may cry>DMC2

uh excuse me? No you don't

Rising only has 2.5 weapons. Sword, Staff/Whip and Scissors which i'd argue is only half a weapon with how limited they are. Saying that the single Sai is a weapon is frankly a joke. In DMC3 for example you get twice as much and a bigger moveset which is another significant issue with the game.

better soundtrack
satisfying gameplay
having enemies that aren't target dummies
notice how the only thing dmcfags are doing to prove you wrong is insulting your taste

>dmc5 comes out
>suddenly everyone hates dmc
Make up your mind.

Attached: 1552576032454.png (1920x1080, 2.43M)

>MGS3>MGS2
>MGS4>MGS1
>DMC3>DMC4>DMC1
Terrible. MGS3 and 4 are inferior since the replaced fast and stylish interior stealth with sluggish, crawl n tranq exterior stealth that was vastly inferior to real milsim games.

>the first mission makes you gay

Attached: MGRR_22-15-117.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Attached: gayposter_above.png (564x570, 274K)

Attached: MGRR_23-02-682.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Attached: file.png (559x560, 269K)

Attached: 1531647564668.png (1280x720, 781K)

I like the setting with crazy cyborgs aremd with swords fucking shit up. Actually, can anyone recommend me a game with a setting like MGR? Namely furturistic but people use super scifi swords. Lightsabers and magic shit like the foce don't count

Rising was a better Metal Gear than anything that Kojima's sorry ass would ever be able to pull

That's a minor thing that appeals to a small demographic,how about the plethora of other things that make those games better

It also sucked dick, fuck Yea Forums for recommending it as a good action game on the level of God Hand.

Switch port when?

who else was really fucking bad at this game? I got to the monsoon bossfight then got destroyed so bad I dropped the game.

Attached: 1530784826783.jpg (908x666, 192K)

New Grounds > Devil May Cry > Bayonetta > Metal Gear Rising > Guitar Hero > Wonderful 101 > Bayonetta 2 > Devil May Cry 5 > Gears of War [4] > Devil May Cry 4 > Devil may Cry > Devil May Cry 3 > New Grounds 2 > New Grounds 3 [Resident Evil] > Devil May Cry 2 > Gears of War > Gears of War 3 > Gears of War 2 > High School

Ninja Gaiden, kind of, but not the extent of MGR. It's a mix of sci fi and magic in the "it's cool so put it in the game" kind of way

Attached: Sky City Tokyo.webm (700x392, 2.93M)

Monsoon is the point where you finally get good. You should have pushed on

This is true and it's pretty hilarious

I was because I tried to play it with brute Force and didn't really use the Parry

I only played about 2 hours of the first and it didn't really appeal to me, Ryu's sword is magic not scifi

HEAT OF THE DESERT

Attached: BUCKLE UP.png (640x412, 461K)

that's what i said...

Nothing else comes to mind. I think that pc game Warframe or whatever does that but i know nothing about it.

you couldn't help it after this part

Attached: MGRR_26-07-669.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

still at Konami, after all, they were the same people working on the old games minus Kojima...

What's your wishlist for MGR2? Gameplaywise and storywise.
Will Raiden become evil?
Will Raiden survive?

Attached: sam.png (388x445, 274K)

My wish list is that it never gets made because all the things that make MGR great realistically can't be replicated.

user, the same staff is still here. if it's the same guys, then they can make another kino again.

I beat it twice, thought it was ok but I don't remember much about it, it didn't feel like anything particularly great or memorable though

I sucked dicks at it because I'm slow as shit, elderly level reaction time, I only beat it thanks to the armor that holds extra heals or something

yeah and I still got whole 18 minutes playtime
would be memed into buying again

Reminder to anybody with Xbox Live Gold that this is now available to download

Attached: xbox-free-games-with-gold-march-2019.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 124K)

I don't think it works like that. I think MGR was lightning in a bottle and 2 would just be them trying to capture that lightning again instead of being creative with it. They can replicate the gameplay sure, even make it better, but the soundtrack, characters and perfect blend of goofy and serious? I don't think so. I'd love to be proven wrong but also i feel like it's never gonna happen for better or worse anyway.

Attached: Me on the left.jpg (3840x2160, 1.23M)

>the only thing dmcfags are doing to prove you wrong is insulting your taste
What? He didn't provide any reasoning, there's nothing to prove wrong in the first place.

the only Metal Gear game I've played was MGR

>DMC2 better than God of War 2, 3
>DMC1 that high
>NG2 that low

imagine being this much of a delusional nostalgiafag

lol

we didn't get mgsr

If you guys include Godhand on these lists why leave out Yakuza? They play the same

And still no port to current consoles. Yes, I know it's on PC. Due to certain circumstances, I can't become a mustard right now.

And I only just noticed the reflections in the blade.

Attached: 000D1D04-000F-4BEA-8561-544793D905EA.png (750x1334, 2.69M)

I wish we got an MGR2 because while I like MGR, it has some bullshit I don't
>Parry is the solution to all things that aren't a grab
>Dodge is mapped to two buttons instead of the button used for the cinematic finishers, which should have been on the two buttons instead as it's more context sensitive then a core defensive part of your moveset
>the secondary weapons are mostly pretty gimmicky and inferior to the second half of the sword moveset you lose by equipping them
>Also no way to quickly switch between weapons without pausing the game, which would somewhat alleviate the above problem
>A lot of bosses can just end up melting if you're too good, like Sundowner and Sam
>the larger bosses are generally pretty boring to fight out side of spectacle, especially Excelsus. Similar problem with the Bayonetta series and I still don't get why people praise Jubileus so much outside of the build up to the fight
>stealth is half-assed and seems to only be there because of the words "Metal Gear" in the title
>can't play as Sam in Raiden's levels

>Microsoft
>Actually has BC
>Sony
>"LOL JUST STREAM IT BRO OR BUY OR REMASTERS"
Did I choose the wrong team?

no, Yakuza actually has some merits

based

Am I a shitter, or is the combat in yakuza games pretty dull? It's flashy and kinda fun, but compared to stuff like MGRR it's really stiff and too simple.

>Laugh all you want but here's why you should really laugh

And still nothing came even close to it in terms of craziness.

DMC looks like a faggot teenager's attempt at edginess next to it. MGR is just on another level.

It's definitely not on par with something like DMC or Bayo.
It's basically just a 2D beat-em-up in 3D

MGR is way easier to have fun with if you're a casual player. The combat is more simple and there's a ton of set pieces and cinematic flair.

DMC doesn't become truly fun until you've played it for a fair amount.

MGR is more technically satisfying, DMC is just about mashing buttons on guys

I hate how obvious it is that we're playing what could've been the Jetstream Sam game but they wanted to tack on that lucrative MG branding. Playing as Sam and liberating the people of Brazil with your motherfucking sword is my dream game.

Attached: 1542688367302m.jpg (677x1024, 142K)