Are fightsticks a meme controller? Do they actually make you better at fighting games? Do you own one Yea Forums...

Are fightsticks a meme controller? Do they actually make you better at fighting games? Do you own one Yea Forums? Post them.

Attached: D1yG6tjU0AAJVKn.jpg large.jpg (2048x1152, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vbT3UR5O1YQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only a meme when you call them a "fightstick"

"Input shaft" master race reporting.

The real meme is that Yea Forums thinks it will make you better are fighting games.
If you are trash you will always be trash regardless of the controller.

they are for sure a preference
I wouldnt call they a necessity though
a person who plays with pad can be just as good as someone who uses stick

Got to thank Mad Catz for that one.

Attached: D1Vx2ImVsAALDja.jpg large.jpg (720x480, 43K)

No
No
Yes

Buy them for shmups instead.

Depends on what fighting game. People who say pads are as good as stick never played games like KOF.
If you are only playing games like Streetfighter with slow inputs, I'd even say that playing with Keyboard/Hitbox is the best, it gives you more precise input for spacing and more option selects.

Attached: 1549814001727.jpg (1000x1000, 782K)

Good taste

Attached: truewaytoplayshmups.jpg (1024x682, 181K)

for modern fighting games they're 100% optional and personal preference is the only factor

for older games like ssf2t or sf3.3 they're borderline mandatory if you're interested in competing because high level tournaments are played on legit arcade cabinets from the late 90s and early 00s

youtube.com/watch?v=vbT3UR5O1YQ

I play fighting games on keyboard. Except from 360 motion everything is easy to do.

>Are fightsticks a meme controller?
It's literally how all actual ARCADE games are played in ACTUAL arcades, around the world (formerly in the USA, but still in Asia after more than 20 years).

>Do they actually make you better at fighting games?
Depends on the game. I find it that playing on a pad for a long amount of time or a thumbstick can wear down your hands. It's easier to plink and press every button available (especially games like Street Fighter series, which require 6 buttons). Pad is pretty good for 360 grapplers and shoto-style 'quarter-circle' characters, but tends to fail most charge characters (guile, balrog, chun-li, etc.). If you're willing to learn stick you tend to gain the following overall advantages:

1. Execution improvement with ALL characters and character types (if you care).
2. Easier on the hands and wrists in terms of reducing blisters from extended play
3. If you learn stick, and have a stick that works on any modern/classic console setup, PC, or you play frequently in arcades...your execution is the same across all, because you only use ONE controller (stick!) as opposed to needing to learn how to play on a PS4, Xbone, PC keyboard, etc.

That being said - ARCADESTICKS DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE YOU 'GOOD' or 'BETTER' AT FIGHTING GAMES. That comes from practice, dedication, learning from mistakes, challenging yourself to learn difficult inputs, matchup knowledge, and constantly striving to fight better players instead of always mashing and only getting satisfaction when you 'win' against crappier opponents.

Attached: 1256940089_shoryuken-tattoo.jpg (647x405, 56K)

Attached: 6995402-8222275-thumbnail.jpg (427x285, 38K)

Some characters are easier to play on stick. For example Hilda in UNIST.

Attached: Kawakamistick.jpg (4032x3024, 2.29M)

>Keyboard/Hitbox is the best
>No tournament winner in the HISTORY of fighting games has ever won with a Hitbox - because they're such ass.

Please stop this meme, and go back to your waifu-fighter shit.

Attached: 1275089819787.jpg (1024x768, 188K)

Attached: 1287701104699.gif (400x225, 1016K)

A hitbox controller is objectively better than a fight stick. A keyboard or a gamepad can be comparable to a hitbox if the size of the keys/buttons and how they click don't cause any problems.

Only makes a smidgen of difference if you're within the top 1% of players.

People don't play hitbox because 1. they are not always allowed in tournaments and 2. older generation grew up with arcade sticks.
Also, there are already plenty of people winning EVO using fucking pads, so your argument is shit.

If you'd ask pros, they will tell you that some stuff is ONLY possible with hitbox and keyboards. For example, you can't input forward and backward at the same time with a stick, so the set of possible inputs of a stick is a subset of that of a hitbox/keyboard. You have 8 directional input, in this case you would have 248 more inputs compared to a stick, which allows you to create more option selects. Pros like Justin Wong previously complained about people using hitbox-specific option selects.

Attached: 1550234564219.jpg (800x1200, 544K)

>still promoting hitbox

Hitbox is allowed at EVO.

Name one EVO where a Hitbox has won a tournament...hell, even a side tournament.

Fun Fact: You can't.

Literally my favorite stick
Its the Tatsunoko vs SNK stick right? Feels bad my one broke and I had to pick up a Venom stick instead

>younger people buy PS4 and play with pads that come with it
>older people play stick as they are used to in arcades
>LOOK NO ONE IS PLAYING WITH HITBOX, SO HITBOX MUST BE BAD!

brainlet.

hitbox is most fun to me and it needs no replacement parts since the only things are high quality arcade buttons

Attached: hbox.jpg (2048x2048, 180K)

If 10000 people are playing with stick and 10 people are playing with hitbox, which groups has higher probability of winning EVO, do the math.

Fun Fact: You can't.

Here's a hitbox

Attached: RikoHitbox.jpg (2048x1536, 468K)

yes i can
0 0

Attached: 1552289739781.gif (467x490, 1.31M)