Social Links

Will we ever see a Persona game with the amount of varied social links that Persona 3 had? Going from cute highschool students, to an elderly couple, to a "monk"/Yakuza patriarch, to a teacher that resembles an older version of one of your roommates. The games that followed just couldn't match the formula.

What is your opinion on the various social links found in the newer Persona games?

Attached: Understood.png (480x272, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JaridOhya/status/1101051147299811328
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In p6 the antagonist better be a cute girl and I better be able to romance her you Japanese HACKS

Persona 5 had more varied social links
You had cute highschool students both from your own school and other schools like Yusuke and Hifumi. You had the old recovering politician Tora, the wisecrack hardened ex-Yakuza dad trying to set his life straight, a teacher that moonlights as a maid that you can date, a drunk reporter girl at a tranny bar, a detective prince that betrays you later (also from another highschool), a prosecutor that has a palace and is prosecuting you in the future as everything goes down, a fortune teller girl, a goth doctor that does experiments on you and calls you a guinea pig, the list goes on. That's not even taking into account the Phantom Thief social links which themselves are really unique and varied for a main cast with such a wide assortment of people from a model to a hacker to an artist.
Just on paper these social links are better, but beyond that they're also much better in execution. I would take any of the adult social links in P5 over the boring old Hierophant couple in P3.

Attached: 1540654027736.jpg (1761x1227, 288K)

I swear P5R better give is a cute gender swapped MC or I'll riot

Attached: 1538337176865.jpg (528x772, 54K)

All that variety means nothing when the solution for a lot of them is just "go into Mementos and forcibly change someone's heart". P3's SLinks stuck to the game's overall theme of death and rebirth. P5 was all over the fucking place and just tried to get interesting people as your Confidants without any real thought on how they tie into P5's central theme. It's flashy on the surface, made for people who won't put much thought on it.

Well if you looked any deeper than the surface level you would see that all the Persona 5 social links deal with justice and the wrongdoings of society and bad people. They also deal with freedom and being chained down to society which were all themes of the game. They elaborated on these themes in the final mementos dungeon and the end of the game much better than Persona 3 did.
It's like you just choose to believe that Atlus somehow forgot how to build their games around themes and motifs because you liked Persona 3 better.

Persona 5 is trash, deal with it. Seriously, kill yourself if you enjoyed any part of that rubbish

Every Social Link in P5 dealt with Justice and being chained down not able to reveal your real self you dumbass

No :)

Imagine being so self-conscious about liking a game in a series that you need to resort to telling others to kill themselves just because they don't share the same opinion

Have sex

Setting a Persona game in college years instead of highschool years would help to make the SLink way deeper and meaningful
As an adult yourself, the SLinks would be more diverse instead of the generic highschool SLink tropes like
>I'm top of my class but people think I'm cold
>I'm a shy classmate and this thing is helping me to open up to the world
>Yo, I'm that trouble making classmate and thanks to you I learned the meaning of friendship

It has been awhile since I played P3, what was the deal with the boy that appeared in the beginning and every full moon again?

That's part of the main story

Persona 3 was about Death
Persona 4 was about Truth
Persona 5 was about Rebellion/Justice

What should the next personas theme be?

No gyaru gf, no buy

No it doesn't you mong. How many Confidants are about "showing the true self"? Some are about rebelling against adult authority. Others are breaking free from expectations people had of you. And there's Yusuke.

Legit all of them you fucking mong

P5R when

That creepy kid that appears in your locked bedroom?

Spoiler ahead He is the herald of the apocalypse that appeared on Earth and merged with a kid who was dying from being in a car accident (MC) which allowed MC to live and gain supernatural powers. The kid you see is actually the soul representation of MC's younger self merged with the herald

wait what? the monk wasn't yakuza

P3 really had the best SLnks.

Attached: ab7696a589cde572e98123369b26ad70.png (1024x1024, 795K)

About dick

His backstory was changed over time. Originally, he was a Yakuza boss that was on "vacation" because he was tipped off about detectives raiding him. So he decided to hide out in the same town as MC, so nobody would ever find him.

>about liking a game in a series
It's literally a Yea Forumsincel mad that P5 didn't get ported

They have to change up the setting if they want to go for any interesting themes

Junpei truly is the king.

the devs pussied out then?

I would do something more generic like Fear making people do irrational things

I think the S Links could include
Helping a man who believes white genocide is a thing NOT shoot up mosques

Attached: 13e067152d9834ccb11539b8ac44f754.png (617x955, 558K)

King of sad.

Attached: 1355099468995.jpg (511x2386, 86K)

>The games that followed just couldn't match the formula.
P4 had your party members + 3 students, a old woman at the shrine, a arrogant boy that you teached, your attendant, your uncle, your cousin, a fox(that one was funny), a married woman, a nurse, Adachi and a girl who could not rememebr who she was
P5 had motherfucking 'Igor', your party members, the guy that takes care of you, a doctor, your teacher, a fortune teller, a reporter, a ex Yakuza guy, a arrogant dude that played games and a politician
How the fuck are they not just as diverse ?

This was my favorite social link from P4, probably because most of the other one's felt pretty shit

Attached: 324232356.jpg (480x360, 19K)

HURR DURR IT MADE MY PEEPEE HARD SO IT GOOD

You okay user? Having a stroke? Seek immediate medical help.

>not ai's
laffin at u, fampai

this but unironically

>dating sim mechanics doing their job
how could they

Attached: 1336533973962.png (504x504, 251K)

>can't even date her
Yeah, how could they?

Yuko is best girl

P5 was initially about self-discovery.

Geez I forgot P3 was needlessly overcomplicated.

Hold up, wasn't the herald is the transfer student?

Yes

>pretending SL's exist for any other purpose

Nozomi actively makes my dick retract.

The kid grows up when you kill the last of the full moon shadows so he becomes that guy

t. Femanon

You're kidding me right?

Attached: 1546191562542.jpg (540x599, 47K)

Not him but you'd have to be retarded to miss that

I'd want a game that uses the fact that the world, due in no small part to the meddling of outside forces attempting to answer the call of people's hearts, is slowly becoming home to more and more folks like the parties we've been playing. Hell, the Phantom thieves were pretty fucking high profile. The idea of the metaverse is slowly scratching the surface of becoming something the world might notice.

Besides, it'd be a fucking awesome change of pace if instead of a meddling minor god the primary problem for the next game was actually the fact that normal people are discovering the metaverse and the ripples that shit causes.

3 is about death and the world ended up unaware it happened.
4 is about truth and the world can hardly explain what went down.
5 is about justice and the fallout of the plot is international news by this point.

6 should absolutely be about what it means that humanity is becoming aware of the metaverse.

so 6 = Responsibility, or at least what it means for humanity to be able to know the previously unknowable.

In my defence I'm ESL and it has been 10 years since I played it and back then my english was not as polished as now.

It's all true

So, 1 and 2? The masses are fully aware of all the bullshit going on.

The masses haven't had a clue since 3. 3 remodeled what the public knows to only involve obscure research facilities and the government.

Considering Hashino is no longer directing, do you think the next game will be different just like 3 was from 2? I honestly hope they go for an entirely different story.

Oh fuck off with your elitest bullshit

I think not, Wada was with them ever since P3 and maybe they will go safe

Who's ready for some Persona 5 leaks and eternal dissapointment?

There's a small annoucement after next week episode detailing a bit of what the P5R project is.

A Switch port, has all DLC but no new content except Nintendo related costumes, shows Futaba as an Inkling and Morgana as Isabelle.
Two new games: A racing game by the guys doing the Sega racing games and fighting game like Persona Arena

Honestly it's pretty shit.

twitter.com/JaridOhya/status/1101051147299811328
I hope they don't remaster the rotoscope animation

>Two new games: A racing game by the guys doing the Sega racing games and fighting game like Persona Arena
I want to ride Mara

>Futaba as an Inkling and Morgana as Isabelle
Now I must buy it again. Fuck you user.

He needed to step down awhile ago. There's no way they would allow the Persona series to return to its SMT roots, especially considering that it's been as popular as Final Fantasy for some time now.

Supposedly, Persona 6 was in planning at the same time as Persona 5. So even if he wasn't the director, he was still aware of it.

>Characters are either set to graduate high school OR are starting college.
>Game revolves around adapting to finally being a proper adult and the less flattering realities.
>Metaverse conflict revolves around an increasing number of people being aware enough of the metaverse that some of them actually accidentally stumble into it. particularly nasty head-cases even causing huge problems once they end up there. If a person who causes a negative metaverse reaction is left alone too long it can even cause massive repercussions in the real world location.
>Party is basically an improptu meta-verse search and rescue at the start.
>The metaverse conflict grows more dire because growing awareness eventually tips an iceberg and people start to try to meddle with the metaverse with ill intent.

That's a shame. Hashino at least had some flare in his games so this will just be stale but also worse than what came before.

I'm not even hoping for it to return to SMT roots, just something different to make use of Persona's focus on psychological and tarot themes. They can even keep the S Links so waifufag sales will be intact.

I miss him.

Attached: images (81).jpg (610x343, 30K)

What happens to female mc of the P3? Did she get assaulted every time?

Attached: 7503219.jpg (787x534, 356K)

>Did she get assaulted every time?
pft no. She did the assaulting.

Attached: P3P.jpg (615x871, 453K)

Unironically more depressing/bittersweet than the ending.

Attached: I forgot to tell you about the dicks.jpg (624x870, 174K)

They are even more depressing together. The part where the MC talks to his mother while holding on to his own life in the last 3 days really got to me.

>mother
Come again?

The question you should actually be asking is "will social links ever be not shit"
>HEY SENPAI
>...
>I HAVE A SUPER SERIOUS PROBLEM
>...
>WHAT DO I DO?
>"fix it"
>...
>THANKS SENPAI
>repeat x10 for every link

>his mother
What

Akinari's mother. Guess my wording was confusing.

>If the protagonist visits the shrine on one of the final days of the game, he/she will meet Mrs. Kamiki, Akinari's mother. She reveals (on whichever day the protagonist visits her) that it would be Akinari's twentieth birthday if he were still alive. Akinari's mother laments that he couldn't live his adulthood, but before his death, Akinari thanked his mother for birthing him and taking care of him, and said was glad to be born. These words by Akinari give his mother the resolve to push forward in life. Akinari's mother then mentions the story Akinari was writing, and wonders if he gave the protagonist the notebook. Upon finding that he did, Akinari's mother is relieved; she knows his dream was fulfilled, and he reached his goal before he died. She vows to experience new things to tell her son on the day they meet together in the afterlife before parting from the protagonist.

What nonsense is this? The Moon Arcana social link for the FeMC isn't the fat guy. Where's Rio and Saori?

I love Fuuka!

Attached: Fuuka beats.jpg (480x646, 240K)

So does MC.

Attached: 1421553150956.jpg (700x500, 65K)

Attached: 1421552899715.jpg (600x580, 80K)

Attached: 1419624762046.jpg (1200x576, 99K)

4 is joy more than truth. Three technically has a larger scale truth bomb than 4.

can you imagine pushing down fuuka down in her own bed after a date and making it clear youre gonna make her a woman. With her being both tense, afraid and excited of what youre going to do to her. For her sex was nothing more than an abstract thing that would happen someday, and now chad thundercock is gonna make her a woman. Then she is pushed over the edge of pleasure over and over the whole night. The next day she waddles into the classroom, unable to stand steady on her legs. And she wonders if the unpopular little her just managed to ascend the stairs of adulthood sooner than any other of the girls.

imagine fuuka

>4 is joy more than truth
Tell that to Izanami and all the slinks

Too lewd user.
keep going

Attached: 887f8317ff75f3744f761cc01ada4183.jpg (600x518, 170K)

Fuuka is for tender and soft loving only!

Attached: Resting Fuuka.jpg (650x542, 107K)

Even soft love can get boring user. Sometimes you need to kick it up a notch.

Lol op got btfo'd
>guy writes out really well put together paragraph describing his opinion and why he thinks that game is better
>"lol you're wrong and dumb kill yourself"
You're an actual fucking brainlet unironically off yourself please

I don't believe that.
For some people, tenderness is worth a lot more than quick empty thrills

>P3: Theme is death, ended in reborn
>P4: Theme is truth, ended up in people oblivious something had happened
>P5: Theme is rebellion, ended up taking chaos out of the system thus creating order

Attached: eb861bb5f9a193c92fca4c86e7a776fb67c9e8d7_00.jpg (512x288, 18K)

We won't sadly.
In the old games the old developers said that it was purposely done to have the protagonist interact with various strangers to open up their world views etc. Also done because links with other main characters could contradict the main plot, so they tried to keep that limited. Unfortunstely P4 happened and the audience liked links with main characters more, waifu shipping etc, we're just going to see more and more of that sadly. I really lived p3's links and 4 disappointed me so bad. Ah well

>waifu shipping
Let's ignore all the waifufags of P3

Social links are fucking garbage. All character growth and development happens independent the main story so everyone acts like the same drooling dipshit they were at the start. There’s no real sense of friendship because everything happens in this vacuum where nothing in the link can impact anything else since it’s entirely optional.

fuukafag is a freak and an exception rather than the norm

You say like someone at rank 10 would completely say different stuff in story scenes

P3's theme of death is inspired by the Death arcana, which symbolizes a transition, a death of your old self into a new, better you.

Ryuji'd be a lot more chill, and Yosuke probably wouldn't get on Kanji's case so much.

Friendly reminder that P3's social links are a goddamn catastrophe.

>口口は口し口っている。
What the fuck is going on here

They would if the game was competently written to actually let your decisions and the characters grow beyond simple caricatures meant for young teenyboppers.

If they made more of the links mandatory but made you actively choose who to spend your limited time with (like Devil Survivor) it would let them change as people and the story could show that.

spbp

>keep going
soon after every date you take her home, her already getting wet in anticipation despite herself. When youre in her room she is rubbing her thighs together waiting for you to stop talking to her and take her. You take her over and over and after you leave for your own bed she still bathes in the smell of your sex.

Confidants also tied into the gameplay more than "bonds are your strength" with each one cutting an explicit deal with the MC

I would say the PT's fame got over Ryuji's head so he would still act crazy and Yosuke would still bully Kanji the same
But all of them still grow independent of the slinks

>In the old games the old developers said that it was purposely done to have the protagonist interact with various strangers to open up their world views etc.
This is still true in Persona 5
Mitsurufags, Yukarifags, Aigisifags, and a Chihirofag make the same kinds of posts, you just don’t see them as much anymore these days because the girls are so old now

Persona will probably never get another entry as strong as P3, because Atlus is a changed company now. That isn't to say that P3 was flawless, I'm sure anyone would agree that the core gameplay has improved from 3 to 5. But 3 did its best to play to its underlying themes and tie them into every facet of the game, from the party members not being directly controllable in order to further characterize them as independent individuals, to the types of proper responses to s.links and practical inability to complete all s.links in a single run, etc. That sort of thematic integrity gets abandoned when the IP becomes as big as it has and considerations have to be made to appeal to a wide enough audience to turn a profit. Even FES, for all the extra content it added, shit on 3's ending for the sake of profiting off the established game's reputation.

Attached: 1451341043893.jpg (1215x857, 688K)

Yeah yeah yeah, we get it, you watch Namasensei and you've been doing Anki decks for a week. Those aren't 口 they're squares because the text is glitched.

>did its best to play to its underlying themes and tie them into every facet of the game
Hey look just like P4 and 5
> practical inability to complete all s.links in a single run
Git gud

>just like P4

Attached: 1389422754609.png (311x452, 247K)

I just have sand in my eyes, not a big deal.

Which Social Links gave you all the most feels?

*Comically censored

As a Mitsurufag I am ready to have a Persona game without waifus, just good Social Links.

I wouldn't go quite so far but I can generally agree with this. Social links are a very simple system and they do feel isolated both from the story events occurring (though not all links would know about these) but also from other links. I always felt it was very strange how the vast majority of interaction happens 1-on-1 with MC kind of picking and choosing between which friends to see. That's just not how groups of friends work in my experience, if a group forms then the people tend to invite everyone to social activities, it's not the 1-on-1 which Persona games portray. It's like the game is claiming there's a group of friends but instead it's just MC who is friends with a bunch of people who are barely acquaintances among each other. There are a few common activities, but overall too few I think. I can fully understand why they'd do this from a game design perspective though, it's much less complex.

Ever since P1 persona had waifus, waifus are eternal

>But 3 did its best to play to its underlying themes and tie them into every facet of the game
Just like P5 which did it better
> to the types of proper responses to s.links
P5 had much better more interactive and engaging dialogue options in social links

Well let's say less waifus, and more varied SL.

I just miss that Booogiepop/Fate stay/night era urban fantasy feel. Now the stories, setting and writing feel like an average modern anime. You already get that with many games so this sucks

Also agreed, the separation of main story and optional dialogue already works badly enough since at least a few should be in small groups but my biggest problem is how MC-centric the thing feels.

Look at 3 for instance, you had instances like Yukari and Mitsuru hanging out for a bit after Mitsuru snaps out of her funk and stuff like Junpei and Chidori's relationship. That sort of thing doesn't make 3 perfect but just the addition of connecting relationships makes the experience feel more 'real'.

>Look at 3 for instance, you had instances like Yukari and Mitsuru hanging out for a bit after Mitsuru snaps out of her funk and stuff like Junpei and Chidori's relationship. That sort of thing doesn't make 3 perfect but just the addition of connecting relationships makes the experience feel more 'real'.
Yeah and P3 story suffered for that, we learn things about the dark hour and Nyx like 3 times vs the +10 useless interactions

This is one of my beefs with 4. Despite how much it's stressed that you're all best friends, no one really hangs out with each other. Naoto's never going to hang around with Chie.

Because not ALL of them are friends, Naoto only friend in the IT is the Mc, same shit for let's say Junpei going out with Shinji

I just want social links to feel more involved than simply listening to a character talk at you for a while before declaring you as your best friend. It feels like they haven't evolved at all since Persona 3 beyond Persona 5 allowing you to take people to a few different places.

I wish there were more social link outcomes, and more relationship involvement in the main story, So that established friendships and romances amount to more than a few quick bits of optional dialogue in the end.

Attached: 1478576788041.jpg (1500x843, 465K)

It would be nice if social links had a bit more complexity to them as well. I can think of more than a few CRPGs which have more complex interaction/more options of interactions with companions even though the social aspect isn't even a major part of those games. It's a bit barebones, Atlus could do better.

Ironically the only cast I felt had a true bond was SEES and they were the ones who had the least reason for it. Maybe one of the reasons is that going back to the dorm and seeing them makes me feel that way but I really felt like there was a disconnect in 4 and 5 and it doesn't help matters that there's not much interesting left to 4's and 5's cast after their initial problem.

They literally tried to kill one another in the answer

To be fair, Shinji was pushing everyone away because he had his own agenda, though it's pretty damn clear he wanted to be with everyone.

Because from 4 and beyond they decided to make the Social Links as animu as possible for their animu adaptations and crappy canonical dance spin offs.

You literally can't friendzone girls in P3, somehow that is less anime ?

Attached: 1532913304383.jpg (850x602, 223K)

The main problem the way I see it is that Persona games are limited by their linearity and so S. Links can't offer much story change as a result. Even in Dragon Age: Origins only some characters you interact with can ultimately impact the ending though I certainly wouldn't mind if Atlus can come up with more besides just hanging out and pouring out life stories, heh.

That's kind of my point though, they grow and have conflicts much more like actual people would and I connected to them better as a result.

>get a harem in 3
>literally the entire thing is a big Evangelion fanfiction with the same character archetypes
P3fags are so fucking retarded. I guarantee you didn’t even play Persona 1 and 2 where there were tons of anime tropes there too.

And it only made their collective bond stronger because it was a struggle they all partook in. P4's cast never fully got together until they had to tackle Izanami because that was something they all had a stake in. Any other ending besides the true ending is them just saying goodbye to Yu, instead of the whole teary-eyed farewell.

That's part of why I kind of write off The Answer. I kind of like the idea of an imperfect happy ending, but Junpei's the only one that still matures, and the different character alliances you fight are arbitrary for the sake of gameplay challenge. If everyone was acting in-character it would be just be the whole group teaming up to curbstomp Yukari for trying to do something crazy.

And even Yukari is acting off-kilter if you don't consider her to be Protagonst-Kun's canon love interest. Which she wasn't on my run.

Attached: da man.jpg (482x546, 113K)

>And it only made their collective bond stronger because it was a struggle they all partook in.
Haha no, in Arena Junpei and Yukari have not seen each other for years, they just moved on with life

Is Rise trying to rape Yu ? What the fuck

Attached: jeseus.png (596x646, 128K)

I-is Kenji okay?

As is her nature

Attached: 1363738637859.jpg (960x544, 57K)

My lovers arcana can't be this lusty

The characters you fight are one thing, but if you're saying everyone would have curbstomped Yukari that makes no sense because they all wanted some sort of closure and Yukari was the only one who said it outright. Honestly I do get if people find The Answer weird but the main problem isn't The Answer on its own so much as how the game should have made more of the MC bonding with SEES.

> And even Yukari is acting off-kilter if you don't consider her to be Protagonst-Kun's canon love interest. Which she wasn't on my run.

She still cared about him and she said before that she's tired of having people die.

Attached: 6a01e85e1efbbab715637b7aca21e2f4aa48be0a.jpg (600x800, 322K)

What do you want them to do, live together? They all have their own paths in life, but they're still good friends with each other. Junpei still joked around with Yuka-tan pretty quickly after they met.

Maintain contact is a good one, and both the P4 and 5 crew did that

Why?

Attached: 1312291515360.jpg (1080x532, 619K)

>P4
Did they? Wasn't it just Yu coming back over amd over again?
>P5
user, the game just ended. There hasn't even been a period of separation yet.

I want to hang out with drunk Yukiko and Rise. They seem like they would be fun.

I P4D and arena says something about that
as for P5 there is P5D that is in the future

I don't get it.

I don't know what this is, but I have it saved.

They're about to fuck but Bro-tag won't take the glasses off.

Attached: 1316559632381.jpg (1350x1143, 905K)

The only one who sides with Yukari is Mitsuru though, which I would have actually found interesting if Mitsuru was trying to go back to save her father or somethign as a part of her own motivation, but it's just implied that she just sympathized with Yukari's grief. Everyone else says it's a bad idea, so it doesn't make much sense to have Aigis be the one to fight everyone when Yukari's the only one who really wants to hit the reset button.
>the game should have made more of the MC bonding with SEES.
That could have been interesting. A sort of "last summer" epilogue before he passes.

>She still cared about him and she said before that she's tired of having people die.
Yeah, but all the sincerest emotional investment of wanting him back at any cost falls on her regardless of whether or not you're straight up dating Fuuka or Mitsuru instead. So it can feel a little forced if you didn't even have a Rank 2 Social link with her. It wouldn't have hurt to have given everyone more varied motivations if they were going to duke it out over them.

I agree that it‘s like a bad anime. But it always was pretty anime

They kiss, i think

> The only one who sides with Yukari is Mitsuru though, which I would have actually found interesting if Mitsuru was trying to go back to save her father or somethign as a part of her own motivation, but it's just implied that she just sympathized with Yukari's grief. Everyone else says it's a bad idea, so it doesn't make much sense to have Aigis be the one to fight everyone when Yukari's the only one who really wants to hit the reset button.

They really could have played with it better. For example, the cast being conflicted because they still want to know what happened but not being down with outright resetting everything, I know that's what Shadow MC was supposed to convey but it's pretty meh.

> That could have been interesting. A sort of "last summer" epilogue before he passes.

I read this story where someone wrote about February, that was terrible in the sense that sand in your eyes is terrible. So perhaps the writers could have made it clear the cast felt guilty as they didn't see this coming?

> Yeah, but all the sincerest emotional investment of wanting him back at any cost falls on her regardless of whether or not you're straight up dating Fuuka or Mitsuru instead. So it can feel a little forced if you didn't even have a Rank 2 Social link with her. It wouldn't have hurt to have given everyone more varied motivations if they were going to duke it out over them.

Valid, it's a big problem that Yukari's feelings in the end are one-sided even if I like her.

imagine inviting rise to your fuck naoto evening and watch naoto swing between shame, confusion and ecstasy as she gets pleasured by rise while you fuck her

>PERSONAAAAAAAAAAAUGH
>LOoooWKEEEEEY
>EAT THiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIS
>WHaaaaaaaaaaaat
was his voice actor based?

Attached: file.png (576x864, 1.03M)

That's a threesome I'm fine with. Naoto is still canon lover though.

Attached: 5ca168501a85b5308b7b9a7098113eb9.jpg (1800x1440, 1.68M)

every girl is a canon lover. From omnisexual rise that switches between dominatrix, sexy accomplice to living matress, to dead fish yukiko that secretly masturbates while yu is pounding chie into the matress

Akechi's VA was unironically great,

>Will we ever see a Persona game with the amount of varied social links that Persona 3 had?
Yes, it's called P5 since most of them were out of highschool. I think the ones in 3 were better overall than 5, but 5 was more varied.

Fuuka is for tender loving only!

Attached: Fuuka's Eyes.jpg (477x687, 123K)

How soon is P5D after P5? And why do Mementos locations exist when the PT got rid of the Metaverse?

1 or 2 years
>And why do Mementos locations exist when the PT got rid of the Metaverse?
Velvet room stuff

They never got rid of it man
Just reset´d

Because the plot of P5D and P4D is the other attendants think their chosen attendees can solve bullshit with the magic of dancing because Yu did it. The games are pretty open with the fact they don't make sense and add nothing to the table.

You spend every day with her having sex, making sure you ask if shes fine with it first and then being gentle with her ot make sure you dont hurt her. But slowly her core becomes corrupted as her body gets accustomed to sex. Soon the merest touch of her lover already makes her body get ready for penetration. Her butt just another hole for carnal desire.

>t. virgin

Since when could the Velvet Room create places? Only example I can think of was the twins.

>he isnt a virgin
hahah faggot

>The most limited social link system in the series is good because muh cherry picked links that no one remembers

Repeat after me Yea Forums
OLD GOOD
NEW BAD

Attached: 1544680430668.png (341x356, 158K)

The Velvet Room can be whatever the fuck they want it to be, that's literally the point.

You fight all the attendant special bosses from 3 to 5 in rooms that didn't exist until they wanted the fight

>P3 is good because it actually has VARIETY
>Lmao youre retarded
>V-Variety isn't even what's important

Attached: 1541154774943.jpg (640x426, 157K)

5 was more consistent, but 3 had way better highs.

My favorite argument is people thinking confidants are just about punching something in Mementos because it's obvious they just fastforwarded through the dialogue and used a guide.

But Morgana is male.

Transexuality and the aids epidemic in California

Your argument doesn't make sense. You say the solution to a lot of them is "go into the Mementos" sure, fair enough, it ties in with the fact that's your night job as a phantom thief. Whatever, what does that have to do with the variety of their social links? Better yet why does "when the solution for a lot of them" have a place in the conversation of social links when all of 3s and all of 4s boil down to say the thing they want to hear until their problems go away?

That's not Naoto's social link

More like pure nostalgia
Just tell these people to play their games after all these years, see if they can tolerate them

This, but unironically

Fuuka is for soft caresses and sweet whispers, not lewd!

Attached: Fuuka's gift.png (474x700, 237K)

We are kindred spirits

Attached: 1548706116436.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Pretty sure Liz just fights you right there in Monad.

what the FUCK

having different outcomes for SLs would be really nice. more than just the female romance or not.
I kind of want them to bring back card reversals like with 3. if you fuck up saying something incredibly terrible to them or don't talk to them for 3 months, it would only make sense that you would have to put in extra effort to smooth things over again

The thing is card reversals are kind of a pointless waste of time. They don't really add anything except an annoying extra step you have to manage through out the year while trying to complete your social links.

You could reduce everything in the game to "annoying extra steps you have to manage through the whole year", that's the point of the calendar system existing in the first place.

I can see where it's annoying, but I like that it makes you think and remember details about the person you're talking to. at least for 5, it was so easy to max everyone out and I had plenty of time the last couple months of the game doing absolutely nothing in my spare time because I already did everything. it would be nice to have to balance your SLs in addition to the metaverse/tv/Tartarus or whatever. it just kind of feels empty when you max someone out in October and then literally never hang out with them again, you know?

Fuuka a shit

>it just kind of feels empty when you max someone out in October and then literally never hang out with them again, you know?
But you still can hang out with them in P5, there is like 6 or so bonus dates with everyone and some of them even give gifts

Attached: 1403471700368.jpg (750x499, 52K)

Yes you could, but the point is adding another extra one is just pointless.

That's why they should instead add more to do with a completed social link, give you reasons to still want them around and hang out with them. I don't think a reversal in which you get a minor event in which you have to placate them is going to add anything interesting. That said I can't really think of anything they'd add to keep you ever wanting to visit a social link

Attached: 1534034801308.jpg (1000x1800, 1.01M)

that's a fair point

>the point is adding another extra one is just pointless
By the same logic, what isn't pointless?

I think the point is that you never have to. Like you can romance Ann by the time you do the hot pot hangout, and then never go on a date with her again and she'll still think of you as your boyfriend. Same with everyone else.

yes, thank you that was what I was trying to get across. it just feels weird to get to rank 10 and then never having to hang out with them again. I realize now that there's the option, but it's not a necessity which is why I think it feels contrived and sort of fake. but I do see the point the other user was making

But you never have to go with card reversals if you play well too , and of course she will think of you as a boyfriend, you spent 9 ranks taking care of her

but you're missing the necessity of maintaining the relationship. like if my boyfriend just stopped talking to me for 3 months because he already spent the previous 3 close to me. It would just feel more natural to have to hang out with people to continue reaping the rewards of being close to them (i.e. combat bonuses), not just having the option

Your argument for adding an obstacle for the sake of having another obstacle in a game already rife with them is "but what about the other obstacles?" I don't get it. Yes there is an argument to be made for less, if you want to make the argument. Not more.

>Nostalgiafags

I played 1-5 all within the same year, so fortunately I'm not forced to say Persona 3 was the best.

>Yes there is an argument to be made for less, if you want to make the argument. Not more.
Why?

I think they understand that the Mc is a busy guy (lol)

Of course she's for lewd, you think a teenage girl doesn't want to have rough and intense sex?

>reddit spacing
Not him but I didnt even bother reading your shit

But the mechanic is based around the tarot, and reverse arcanas are a thing when doing readings.

And they are in game too technically, all the P5 arcanas pics are corrupted and most of them are technically reversed at the start of the confidant

Because the very nature of adding another obstacle JUST to add another obstacle doesn't make sense. It is busywork for the sake of busywork. There should be obstacles in a game, in this case figuring out which choices give you the most points, so you actually have something to do. But if you start adding things merely to have them there, to extend the time even further, on the grounds that "it'll make things even longer" it comes across as padding out the process.

Doesn't really mean much, in P5 all the confidants' personalities start reversed and their character development is making them normal.

Reversed arcana are supposed to have their own meaning, the mechanics of an arcana reversal was that person was now mad at you, not that their representation switched to the reversed meaning.

>varied
>when they all conclude with "I WAS JUST RUNNING AWAY FROM MY PROBLEMS"

right

Meant for

>Because the very nature of adding another obstacle JUST to add another obstacle doesn't make sense. It is busywork for the sake of busywork.
Okay so how do you define that as busywork and not anything else? By the same logic, why should I have to raise my stats to talk to people, that's just busywork. Why should I have to improve my social links/confidants to get battle bonuses instead of just leveling them up, that's just busywork.

this makes 0 sense. it's not that they're starting corrupt, it's just that they have character development over the course of their SL. that's the same in 3 and 4.

>By the same logic, why should I have to raise my stats to talk to people, that's just busywork
Because "a" challenge is not the same as "a lot" of challenges. Raising your stats to open access to dialogue options and some confidants is not the same as raising your stats to open access to dialogue options and some confidants but also struggle against the entropy you face across the year which forces you to lose X amount of stats every month.

Most of the P5 ones ARE almost bad people before the development, Chihahya even robs 100k of you for a fake stone

>it's not that they're starting corrupt, it's just that they have character development over the course of their SL
So in other words, it's more accurate to what reversed tarot meanings actually are.

3 just had the best links. A really nice diverse cast.
4 had too many obvious choices and didn't really spread out so much, or made me care for them.
5 I actually don't remember a single one but Chihaya

A reversed arcana doesn't mean corruption. But most of them do start as the "reversed" meaning and move in to the proper meaning. Morgana is the most obvious example.

did you read my post? I said that the characters aren't starting corrupt. they undergo development which is the whole point of the tarot journey starting with the fool and ending with the world. development =/= corruption

You're the only one harping on about corruption. Literally you're the only one who cares.

I guess my problem with "card reversals" is that they don't change anything beyond forcing you to waste a few more days patching it up. Screwing up a dialogue choice doesn't change or personalize anything, it just forces you to sink more time into hanging out with people in tedious silence in order to rank them up.

If there were actually branching story routes between different characters it'd encourage people to play in different ways and make different kind of friendships/relationships with different people. As opposed to just having players follow a guide or reload a save because they chose the dialogue option that they actually wanted and it didn't give them bonus Social Link points to save them time.

Attached: spacy girl.jpg (960x544, 109K)

Persona 6 should be about Growth. And the main color should be green.

I was responding to a post that said all p5 confidants start corrupt, to which I said it's about character development and not corruption. please re-read the exchange.

Yes they undergo development, starting at the classic meanings of the reversed tarot and the flaws they entail and slowly developing down the path of the upright arcana. I am now unclear as to what you're arguing.

The post you responded to didn't say corrupt. He said they all start reversed, which is true.

>I guess my problem with "card reversals" is that they don't change anything beyond forcing you to waste a few more days patching it up. Screwing up a dialogue choice doesn't change or personalize anything, it just forces you to sink more time into hanging out with people in tedious silence in order to rank them up.
Alternatively, it forces the player to actually pace advancing confidants over the course of the game year instead of grinding people as soon as possible and then ignoring them afterward. Can help with the problem 5 had where targeting a small number of key confidants ends up breaking the game. You can still do that to make the dungeon parts easier, but it in turn makes the social sim parts harder to it's a trade-off.

>it forces the player to actually pace advancing confidants over the course of the game year
But you still need to do that in P4 and 5 (at least till the broken ones)

So Gurren Lagann with Arcana magic? I'd be down for a Persona like that.

The game already punishes you for grinding a confidant all the way up, on some days they'll be the only ones avaliable and you now have nothing to do.