Has a videogame ever directly, or indirectly, taught you a deep life lesson? Post the game and lessons ITT

Has a videogame ever directly, or indirectly, taught you a deep life lesson? Post the game and lessons ITT.

I'm into Souls lore and through my interactions with the community I've learned how unreliable information really is. Information is just a story that gets passed around because it's compelling enough for people to listen to, but there are many arbitrary reasons that someone might find a story compelling, and it's definitely not restricted to how much sense the story makes upon close examination. This had led me to looking into postmodernism and philosophers like Nietzsche, Michel Foucault, Jacques Derrida, etc. I'm now radically skeptical about every single thing I believe, and I don't believe that truth exists without extensive qualification. The value of truth, information, knowledge, etc., is restricted to its utility, like any other tool, and if we couldn't bludgeon people over whether or not something is "true", we wouldn't give a fuck about truth. MGS2 was also about this, but seeing it first hand changed me forever.

Attached: vidyabrain.jpg (281x179, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First time I fingered a girl, I thought about how she would take forever to cum, and my hand was getting tired, but then I remembered the final bossfight of Wonderful 101 and kept going until she was done.
I'm actually serious with this one.

i read your post

after buying Fable I learned not to get over hyped about what a game promises. this can translate to real life by always being wary of what others tell you and to look for the facts.

LittleBigPlanet
Taught me a lot about how projects work, and helped me learn my creative flow which I took into my current job. I seriously slaved away for hours on what would always end up being objectively shit levels, but it was so fun just to work towards that goal and I still get that same feeling I did then when I finally allow myself to go all-in on an idea I have and watch it come to life.

Then you're a fucking idiot for using poorly translated item descriptions that were made with the intention of being cryptic and vague hints at an incomplete canon as your entire basis for how facts and human knowledge work.

Nice dogma, but the idea that information in From Software games is opaque and cryptic whereas the information in real life is transparent and easily discernible is the stupidest thing about your unintelligent rage.

>Mash G Spot: Protect Earth

I played Tetris all my life and really it helped me with my reactions for key moments like split second decisions and I'm able to plan things ahead more easily as well. Which is good considering I have Asperger

I believe you, gaming shit seeps it's way into my brain constantly.
First time I cum in a girl the image of Mega Man firing a charged shot appeared in my head.

WoW taught me about how it's important to embrace our differences. And also how people can think and act in real life. WoW was like a smaller life, so easier and faster to analyse people mechanics and community living. I also learned that you can learn patterns whatever the support. If I could learn such important things my ass on a chair all day, it's that the thinker materred more than the support.

>Dogma
>Unintelligent rage
You sound like 14 year old who just took high school philosophy
>implying knowledge works just like in souls because the truth is sometimes unclear and hard to discern
Yeah, ok. Now just call me a blind sheep or some shit

Not that user, just gtfo.

>The value of truth, information, knowledge, etc., is restricted to its utility, like any other tool, and if we couldn't bludgeon people over whether or not something is "true", we wouldn't give a fuck about truth.
You're doing this now.

What item description in Dark Souls is cryptic? Honest question.

>is restricted to its utility, like any other tool, and if we couldn't bludgeon people over whether or not something is "true", we wouldn't give a fuck about truth
You're strawmaning hard.

>"you sound 14!!!"
>"you appear to be trying to bludgeon me instead of discuss the truth of the matter"
>"stop strawmanning him, address the accusation that you're 14!!!"

In X4 foundations you can accept government contracts to build space stations (that you still retain ownership) for 20 times their value as a reward. You can literally build a completely useless station and cash in all the credits.

I slowly realized I was participating in a government stimulus program and that I was exploiting the weak laws to build empty useless pieces of metal, totally fucking over the point of the program. There is no in-game punishment for this whatever, but I felt so shitty I decided to add production facilities and employed people to all my fake stations.

fineleatherjackets.net/monkeyinflation

Yep

Nigga my entire point is that sometimes in life the truth is obfuscated and hard to pin down. But if the lore, and the way it is given, for soulsborne games is your basis for how to examine and parse all information in real life; you're doing it wrong.

Spyro 3

I learned that if I ever get a hold of my enemy with my stand, I should never release it, no matter if I lose a limb or 2

Attached: Pesci_Anime.png (1489x1666, 2.47M)

I didn't say "I interpret life the way I interpret Souls lore."I said it was my interactions with the community which made me realize that half-truths and quarter truths (and less) are passed around and become canonical, mainstream interpretations because they're found to be digestible for many reasons other than the evidence being good. It's not really an observation about the information itself, it's about how and why it's thought to be true.