How can we make a mecha/large robot game work Yea Forums...

How can we make a mecha/large robot game work Yea Forums? What are some ideas for a video game that you would make for it?

Attached: tumblr_nmt6koe8MY1rs2dvro1_500.jpg (434x750, 141K)

>AC4/FA looked like total ass
>ACV was just bad all around
>Left Alive is shit
>Demon&Machina looks and plays mediocre
>Western shit is just reskinned ego shooter trash
Making a good one could help

Yes it apparently would help, let's show the developers how with a few of our examples.

I think it'll be fun.

>Reasonable budget.
>Art style that values athletics and readibility over realism.
>Extensive single player content with a range of combat and mission types.
>Minimal use of hitscan and FaF missiles.
>Some degree of customization, without forcing autistic min-max builds.
>Multiplayer with more complex modes than TDM.
>Reasonably priced.

So, basically something that can never happen, since japs suck at mech gameplay and westerners are obsessed with realism.

>Western shit is just reskinned ego shooter trash
Hans, this is an American board, please leave.

>>Demon&Machina looks and plays mediocre
It looks great though and the demo was sweet. It being handheld left me thinking it'd be some seriously slow crap, but you've got genuine speed in the game. Plus the customization.
It looks really promising.

fortnite but your squad are all piloting one voltron

We need more mecha games without much in ways of limitations. Like Mech Warriors

How about Mecha that have powers and abilities? And maybe make them able to be fully customizable.

Also we can make the mechas in many different shapes and make up some weapons and even give them a skill set.

we could combine the combat with a devil may cry/metal gear solid mix and even able to heal/repair the mecha with items, bosses would be any thing really.

open worlds where you can have more free roam with a variety of things to do in it.
Even a simulation mode.

>make it almost like evangelion
>make the pilots soldiers who are adults
>face regs and boss fights and also performing other tasks
>competitions for fun among other mechas
>beautiful art and story

Hmmm I'd love a mecha game with some weird scenarios in it also.
Maybe make some mecha male and female based in appearence.

It's already been done

Attached: c0.jpg (800x450, 366K)

FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE PILOT

The mechs were the least fun thing about the titanfall series, which is why the mech battle mutliplayer modes died instantly.
Respawn might be able to do a decent job at fast fps stuff, but they are absolutely terrible at mech gameplay and their fast fps stuff makes their mech gameplay feel even worse.

Maybe make a enemy in the mecha game that is inspired from Giger and Lovecraft and a few stuff from games like silent hill and xenosaga.

>I want monsters in my mech game.
Get that gay weeb shit out of my face.

how about metal gear ray inspired enemies that are advanced as shit?

Same as making titans control like two story tall human - sounds like it has potential on paper, but in practice it just feels like a reskin.

This is literally the perfect mech game for me gameplay wise. Too bad the original devs went bankrupt and left it to retards.

Attached: hawken.jpg (1280x720, 240K)

Well... Maybe something more creature-like but still a robot and it will have tons of different weapons. It could even have synthetic flesh put into it .

Idk just trying to make a interesting combative enemy...

This thread is a good example of why Mecha has no place in Vidya

The minimum qualification to be considered a decent mech game:

>The ability to fly or boost.
>The ability to fire more than one weapon at a time.
>Location damage.
>The ability to fire in one direction while moving in another.
>Heat and/or ammo management system.

Anything that doesn't have at least three of those features is just a generic fps or tank game masquerading as a mech game.

I think those are pretty basic stuff.
But it is very needed.
We need to think of stuff like this too, I think it is important for mecha games.

Give me ZoE with AC/MW styled customization or something that plays like third gen AC
Only issue I've seen was poor framerate and maybe some of the feeling when it came to guns
>not beating the shit out of monsters with giant robots

Attached: Zone.of.the.Enders .Dolores.I.full.1416809.jpg (702x864, 392K)

ZoE with that kind of stuff sounds very welcoming.

FIRST PERSON GUNDAM SIM WITH VR HEADSET SUPPORT ONLY. LOCATION BASED DAMAGE, VERY FAST AND VERY LONG DISTANCE. SINGLE PLAYER, MULTIPLAYER AND COOP. GET FUCKING GOOD CHINKS WE KNOW WHY YOU JUST MAKE RPGS AND BEATEM UP GUNDAM GAMES!

Hmmm, what are you talking about?

>VR HEADSET SUPPORT ONLY

Attached: 1437319989684.gif (416x410, 876K)

>>Demon&Machina looks and plays mediocre
Go get better equipment

HAWKEN was fun

Maybe if we post pics of our fave gaming mechas, we could get good ideas.

Yikes

Attached: raider-screenshot-2.jpg (1920x1080, 1.12M)

Location damage is overrated

>and maybe some of the feeling when it came to guns
I can concede to this. The ballistic weapons should have more oomph to them so to speak. But otherwise it's great, really.

Make it anything like Zone of the Enders 2 and it's gonna be great

What do you mean with good ideas though? I don't think you need some one million dollar idea to make a decent Mecha game. Just do the things that are expected well enough and most people will be happy