Good character or just an another pretty face?

Good character or just an another pretty face?

Attached: toobie.jpg (744x1074, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9GwJt3pHl4
youtube.com/watch?v=ciIVuUzhs2o
youtube.com/watch?v=adIiwO1y_b4
youtube.com/watch?v=zgwdsa2Q_rs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neither, just your standard cringey waifu thrown into an otherwise mediocre game to get bonus points from weeb incels.

she has a good backstory

Attached: 2018-08-19_0106.png (579x547, 503K)

yes

>people (not just Yea Forums, but even reddit and resetera) praise 2B's design as mindblowingly unique and imaginative
>she's designed the exact same way as literally every jrpg/anime robot/automaton/android

Attached: 1848489232.jpg (2000x1504, 428K)

>an another
Third world faggots aren't welcome here

She's fine but there are cuter anime girls. 2B is very overrated.

Don't you have better things to do than nitpicking grammar on a mongolian knitting forum, faggot?

>android dresses like a prostitute catering to someone's french maid fetish for...reasons
>we are expected to take this seriously as a commentary on existentialist themes
Is Yoko Taro the biggest hack in the industry?

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (400x386, 34K)

Good character and a pretty face

Attached: Happy Toobie.jpg (630x630, 55K)

So why americans are still here?

ASS

He just like just really like girls

Ass?

Attached: 2Butt.gif (268x402, 2.37M)

2B is an okay character, A2 is absolutely GOAT tier. Would totally watch the theatre play for her again.

Calm down, user

Attached: Angry Robutt.jpg (902x1024, 100K)

good character, pretty face, great ass

Attached: 1449631619174.png (321x322, 39K)

Ssssssaaaauuuceeeeeee

Please for the love of all that is holy, give a source or a name

Fapbait. That's all i have to say.

YUCKOLA

Attached: smell.jpg (310x382, 22K)

I wanna cum on that pretty face

God I fucking wish route C/D was longer. I really wanted to spend more time with nuclear 9s and best girl A2.

Why is Yea Forums always whining about sex?

she's barely a character
she's just a design

Not sure. It's ok but kinda overrated.

cringe, yet ultimately redpilled.

Both.
She's also a great pleb-filter, as evident by all the perma-virgin incels like who completely lose their shit whenever a pretty girl is brought in the equation.

Attached: 1501745860777.jpg (1043x1122, 645K)

I thought 9S, A2 and Pascal were far more interesting characters with a better personality and history. But basically this

Attached: ff3e766eadf6563163cdd5768725e2fc11fa9ebf.png (312x158, 24K)

woah dude it's not like there are artistic inheritance/inspiration/tradition/plagiarism in a creative process!

Attached: 1543477040507.jpg (480x360, 32K)

Hobo > everyone.

Attached: 1548176647801.jpg (1000x1000, 354K)

>androids look like humans
WOOOOOW

>japs and weeaboos are paedophiles and like to cater for paedophiles
whats new? west is the best

uncute and unfunny

Just a pretty face.
Felt absolutely nothing when she allegedly died because her whole personality was as interesting as mud.

I love girls with high heel boots

Bad Character who's pinned to the best character
No, not 9Shit
Pod 042

Her outfit is incredibly impractical
How does she see through the blindfold

That was kinda the point, user. The game wasn't really about her. It was about all the characters around her. She is just there as a neutral proxy to interact with them.

2bR(2A)AAP

Okay, but OP was talking about 2B.

Why won't you faggots stop seething for a second? We get it, you love dicks in your mouth. Stop posting.

>2B
>cater to pedo

Attached: retard alert.gif (493x342, 480K)

So was I.

so is THIS why JP Sartre was a rapist?!

I want her and her beautiful soul.

No, you were getting defensive and talking about how she doesn't matter, in a discussion where she is the main topic.

Cute hobo

Attached: Dirty Asshole Robutt.jpg (1024x882, 121K)

No, I was explaining why she has little personality. The game not being about her doesn't mean she doesn't matter, she matters a great deal, because she has a very functional purpose.

>game has fun with character design and aesthetics
>wrpg autists lose their shit because it doesn't conform to their nofun take on sci-fi

edmonton, right?

I wish more games had gradual running acceleration like automata did. fun as fuck to ramp up to top speed. the only other game that had this was okami

2b is more of a catalyst for the others characters stories than she's a character herself

yeah only on the game anyway because she have a more intrincate personality on the concerts and short stories made by Yoko Taro

9S as a character would be so much better if he didn't have such fucking atrocious character design. I mean holy shit.

This

I mean her personality is kinda lack on the game since she only want to be distant all the since since she's tired of getting close to 9S only to kill it again when he's doing some scooby doo shit.
On the concerts and short stories made by Yoko Taro she acts differently

Attached: descargar.jpg (162x311, 8K)

Pretty face. Incredibly boring character. Wasted potential.

THREE
HUNDRED
THOUSAND
POLYGONS

Attached: 53609118_2570849469652454_1508984962144010240_n[1].jpg (960x556, 75K)

Nothing we've seen from her personality wise is new desu.
It's not surprising that Yea Forums is very pro-japanese everything,anything that is released from japan is automatically less criticized than anything from the west from the get-go.Going from characters to plot to gameplay...
It's not that hard to demystify yourself from all this weeb-pandering bullshit.It's a one dimensional hack-n-slash with not much combo variety,the characters are pretty boring except for A2,really,anything that represents the trope of an android progressively ''defrosting'' and becoming more ''human'' has been played out a million of times and this game does it in a less sucessful way because they look 99% human in the first place.It would have been much more interesting if the main characters had been androids that looked more mechanical than human and first glance.Sure there are machines in the game that act like humans like Pascal but that's just one character in a sea of mindless machines and ''undistinguishable from humans'' androids.
The plot is preachy and the plot-twists were all predictable.2B's death was a courageful thing to do but she was immediately replaced by another weeb-pandering android so it was expected to see no backlash about her death.

If you retrospectively make a review on this game,please take into account how much of it is tampered by your obsession with japanese anime tropes and designs.
In the end it doesn't really matter,you play video games to entertain yourself,the meta part is just a small part of it

Attached: DyOqjZTXcAAs9u7.jpg (960x960, 108K)

>pretty face
>cant see her face

why can't she be both?

Attached: 1552103688503.jpg (1800x2545, 611K)

Why is this dumb ass meme being spread? There's no way any computer could run this shit if she really had that many polygons.

Good for my dick that's for sure.

Attached: 1552546167150.png (2000x1124, 3.46M)

Attached: toobie maskless.jpg (1920x1080, 470K)

Honestly, the plot is really driven by 9S. 2B's not bad but she's shallow in regards to characterization.
She could've been given a bit more flavor but Taro gave her the personality of "girl who seals away and ignores her emotions" and then only gave her one single scene to actually show that she feels things before killing her off.

Attached: 1551737018415.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Not really.2B drives the plot in A route and B route aswell(even tho you control 9S).The C route is driven by A2 which is basically 2B anyway

She really doesn't. Just because you control her in A doesn't mean she does much. You spend most of A route and B route running around following orders like good little robots and only after 9S is lost after the Grun fight does 2B do anything.. and it's mostly running around in a panic desperately looking for 9S.
And the C route driven by A2? What a joke. A2 is just wandering around with no real goal. 9S is the one digging into the data of the machines, trying to figure out the purpose of the tower, terminating 21O, and the one that N2 actually shows the revelations to.
When A2 discovers anything of importance, she literally brushes it off with an "I don't care"! N2 pretty much ignores her. She is a borderline noncharacter in the game. You could replace her with an automatic machine smashing hammer on wheels and pretty much nothing changes.

Attached: 1525006401326.png (838x548, 17K)

Attached: 1441519881126.jpg (640x480, 86K)

meh character, memorably pretty

>tattoo
ruined

Yoko Taro really recycled every fucking thing in video game history to put into this game:
Metal gear solid rising's gameplay and bosses)
Metal gear solid 2's(meta)
any jrpg ever(quests and ''open world'')
Final fantasy xii characters
Metal gear solid 1,2,3,4(4th wall breaking)

Double digit IQ comment.
Also, read the manifest

she's alright

Attached: this is video games, right.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

>thought 9S, A2 and Pascal were far more interesting characters
Same. Does not make 2E any less fascinating.

That's fucking creepy

Attached: 1522888106033.jpg (540x720, 47K)

>Metal gear solid rising's gameplay and bosses)
way to fuck up right with the very first item.

Attached: 1542206531713.webm (854x480, 869K)

>Metal gear solid 2's(meta)
Automata doesn't even go meta. NieR looked at the 4th wall and waggled its eyebrows but Automata didn't even do that.

what the fuck

Why is this type of reaction even allowed?

Sure they don't have the same charisma as any mgs rising boss but I mean like MGRay and the other metal gear later in the game look like any machine in automata
are you sure about that?

It's so fucking uncanny

>Sure they don't have the same charisma as any mgs rising boss but I mean like MGRay and the other metal gear later in the game look like any machine in automata
you stupid piece of shit just don't get it?
Nier: Automata ""copies"", as in continues the gameplay style of the original NieR.
Also, in case you missed the obvious, both MGR and Automata were developed by the same studio.

She's a bit shallow which is the point, as 9S elevates her in his mind because he desires her, and she tries her damnedest to ignore him to keep her own emotions less vulnerable.
A2 and 9S are the real protagonists and 2B exists to spot people who didn't play the game, right down to "OMG HER 2BOOTY XD" when A2 has a fatter ass that's on display 24/7.

fap bait from start to finish.

No, 2B has the bigger ass, she's the upgrade after all.

I know my dude,but you also know that mgs also had machine bosses in the other games right?

youtube.com/watch?v=z9GwJt3pHl4

youtube.com/watch?v=ciIVuUzhs2o

youtube.com/watch?v=adIiwO1y_b4

youtube.com/watch?v=zgwdsa2Q_rs

>are you sure about that?
Yeah? What in Automata is meta? Closest thing I can think of is how you can die and find your own destroyed body but that's just a laugh about how video game death systems are wacky.

You can get a gameover by removing your chip
There is a hacking game that when you go far enough you get to your menu.
In the ending the pod asks the player countless questions about the game

I liked her for her fat ass until I realized she was basically just a talking realdoll.

Is this a Fortnite dance

Across all the media? Yes, she is a good and well developed character. If you limit her to the game, however, she is literally just a glorified plot device. In the game you never actually see her develop, you just learn about it retroactively prior to the events of the game place.

>You can get a gameover by removing your chip
More of a gag than anything.
>There is a hacking game that when you go far enough you get to your menu.
That was cute as heck but didn't really mean anything, either.
>In the ending the pod asks the player countless questions about the game
This is fair, but that's mostly just addressing the audience.
It definitely doesn't try to yank the rug out from under you like MGS2 "you're just playing MGS1 all over again! Didn't you want more of the same? Beep boop enjoy your fucking simulation" or NieR "actually, your kill first ask questions never policy has killed thousands of innocents and your assumption that you are the hero has damned the world" twists.

Well yeah,if you compare it to Undertale,MGS or Nier it doesn't go as far as to fuck the player in the ass.
MGS2 was more than ''you're just playing mgs1 again'' btw

Good design, dull personality.

>Is Yoko Taro the biggest hack in the industry?
on the contrary, he is a brilliant man

2B has a good design and an interesting story reveal that recontextualizes everything that she says and does after the fact, but she's easily overshadowed by 9S and A2 in terms of character development and dialogue.

I think it would have helped if she either had more scenes of her being cool with Operator 6O so there was at least one person in the story that she was actively opening up to, or more flashbacks showing her relationship with 9S before she emotionally closed herself off to the rest of the world.

Attached: Operator 6O.jpg (667x712, 94K)

>Yes, she is a good and well developed character
>you never actually see her develop

Attached: BCD57B40-F9F8-43ED-9AE3-3A01E924B744.gif (220x212, 2.57M)

Both.

Attached: 1497759156476.jpg (1000x941, 158K)

Rank your DrakeNier Protagonists

Papa Nier > 9S > A2 > Caim > 2B > Zero > That robot with the bucket you control for like two minutes of waddling around > Nowe

Attached: 934af498a03643298270773ffd4c2b56.jpg (500x500, 28K)

Your tastes are superb, your order is my own.

Attached: 5cc16d1681a8cd04e53b2c452b4d95db.jpg (620x929, 81K)

I cared more about bucket robot than most AAA game protagonists.

Attached: 1519361807755.png (1738x1782, 1.85M)

What do you know about game rendering?

It's no longer that expensive to run all those polygons on current hardware . But I still doubt the picture.

Play the game desu

Fucking kek

She is the peak of female character design, everything is downhill from here.

Obliged.

Attached: clan nier.jpg (384x512, 78K)

Compare them, A2 has a smaller chest but wider hips and more ass.