How do we fix the horror genre?

How do we fix the horror genre?

Attached: el-ayuwoki.png (1080x600, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

puppetcombo.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=JdFu5jKcckg
youtube.com/watch?v=_18hcL93dvo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not by spamming this dumb thread.

True

Atleast change the fucking pic once in a while OP

By making a game with children trying to escape from dark corners of Neverland and ayuwoki incarnations as enemies.

H

Make the games scary.

A youtuber I watched once explained the problem with horror vidya
>imagine you're watching a horror movie. It's good-looking and has decent acting and good gore
>but every time the hero dies, the movie skips back to a few minutes before and he has to go through everything again
>and there are only a handful of ways for him to die each time
>also there's a black screen of a few seconds every time he dies
>ultimately the plot of the movie and the ending is unaffected by the hero's failures and the "scary" deaths he experienced because the plot acts like he never died
>this isn't scary

there are plenty of ways around this. what you're describing is games with a horror 'theme' that don't have scares as their number 1 priority.

By having serious discussions about it and not posting the same shit every single day for (You)'s and to make yourself feel important

stop with the goddamn zombies

It's already been fixed.
puppetcombo.com/

Easy fix:
>you die in the game
>the game shuts down and deletes itself from your hard drive
>now the game sends a hitman to your location
>this is scary

Attached: zx5fhs3qq0f21.jpg (1280x968, 80K)

I heard you're doing that hand thing.

E

A game where you are an innocent man being hounded by a demonic tribe trying to destroy your reputation and steal your considerable wealth

JEW ME
SUE ME
EVERYBODY DO ME

>Ok so picture this, you're alone at your home you downloaded a new game from your favourite online game distribution serviceā„¢ when you install it you do the unthinkable and disconnect from social media, you actually turn your phone off. Stay with me here.
>So when you play this game it's not full of cheap tricks and the usual tick boxes that we do these days to make it acceptable, we make the player have "fun". We get our idea guys to actually come up with some neat stuff and then we don't disregard them and just put filters on everything.
>We spend more of that advertising money on developing the game to be good. C'mon now barry you remember what fun is right? heh
>So what this bold new strategy does is make the player recommend our game to other people, I know we do that anyway with advertising but think about it for a sec. We can rope them in with each other!
>So horror, yeah boo scary and all that jazz, we even did shock stuff with gore and that was a riot I can still hear the pigs squealling haha
>But hows about we just do a straight forward game where the player is trying to escape from.. .wait for it.. ..us!
>Yeah us! The big bad corporation! we already have them on 24 hour watch on social media, we can make a dupe game about a monster or something that chases them and we can use their social media accounts to delve them deeper into the game.
>NO frank, not a """meme""" or a """"creepypastabake""""" god frank you're so dumb. Like fucking momo 2.0 where we chase them down with a monster 24/7, we could even pay some other developers and publishers to link with their games and let our monster get in there and hunt them down in those games.
>This thing will be like the virtual john wick! haha right stacey you like keanu reeves? damn right i'd suck his dick too ..I mean he's pretty bad ass.
>So lets get the idea guys started eh?

Attached: investors.jpg (700x420, 81K)

I gotta go to prayer meetin'

youtube.com/watch?v=JdFu5jKcckg

How do we fix people on Yea Forums making the same thread over and over?

EO

Sort of the fucking sound.

I liked it better when the OP was that ghost blowjob JAV.
So ghost blowjobs is how you fix the horror genre

what's wrong with you? seriously

hee hee

It's some alt right racist that hates black people.
Report the thread.

>It's some alt right racist that hates black people.
WTF really!? BASED!!!

The eternal debate
youtube.com/watch?v=_18hcL93dvo

would unironically poop myself

Yes it makes him really mad that a black man managed to be the most successful and loved singer in the world.

Well, he gets lots of hate nowadays.

Paul McCartney is black?

>jejeje el heehee XD

Attached: 717.png (500x712, 542K)

MI LIBRO

Obscure tried to somewhat fix this. You have a handful of characters, each with their own special perk, and they can die and you'll still go on. Depending on the people you have alive some parts of the game won't be accesible or you'll have problems going through them and obviously the ending will vary.
Still, just like getting bad rng in a cRPG, you can reload if you don't like the outcome. That happens with every game. The only possible solution would be making it an online open world. I think a game alredy tried it but had very little success.

Regardless, I think Silent Hill 1 and 2 were scary. The enviorement was claustrophobic, the other world was creepy enough for you to feel unconfortable everytime you had to visit it, etc.

El ogro