TF2 Class/Loadout Thread

TF2 Thread!

>What's your favorite class?
Spy.
>What's your general loadout?
Revolver, Stock Knife, Sapper, Invis Watch
>What other 2 classes do you enjoy playing?
I enjoy playing Demo and Medic

Now it's your turn anons!

Attached: images.jpeg-81.jpg (739x415, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_Wiki:Trivia_Wall_of_Shame
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> Favorite class
Depends, have been addicted to spy recently
> General Loadout
L'étranger, Kunai, birdt, sapper
> Other classes
Still play scout and engi a lot

Interesting combo, are you training on knife play? Or just enjoy the extra challenge?

Jack of all trades, i switch depending on the situation, but as a character Soldier is my favorite by far
Stock purist
Soldier and Heavy

I can't aim for shit, and I liking getting away with really stupid shit with the kunai

>Stock purist
Excellent tastes user
>Solly and heavy player
Thank you for playing these characters often, they're very crucial in team comps, especially Solly

>favourite class
demoman
>favourite loadout
stock grenade launcher, scottish resistance, pan
>other classes
engineer and heavy

You should definitely try learning more Gun skills. You'd be surprised with the even more stupid shit you get away with when you Revolver Kite.
Kunai was my go to when I training with the invis.

Soldier
Original, gunboats, escape plan
Also play demo and scout, full stock loadouts

I try using better guns but once I dequip the étranger my cloak management goes to shit. Should still use stock more, been relying to much on the added cloak

add cl_interp 5 to that image

Sniper
Main - Bazaar Bargain
Second - Razorback (sometimes Cozy Camper)
Melee - Kukri
Scout, don't really have a third, Soldier, Pyro & Engi suffice

>Scottish resistance
Very high test choice, nice loadout overrall.

L'etranger is a very good gun and rivals the Revolver in terms of overall benefit. If you're finding success with it. It isnt entirely detrimental.

why don't you use the iron bomber?

>fav class
Medic
>general loadout
tHe MeTa : uBeRsAw, StOcK MeDiGuN aNd CrUsAdErS cRoSsBoW
>other classes
I guess i like to util demoman or soldier. I hate pyro, scout, and spy i dont quite like. Sniper is autism

Not him, but why would you use the demoman's training wheels?

heavy
stock minigun, banana, fists
scout, pyro, engineer and medic in that order

Attached: 20190308115641_1.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

> training wheels
> not lock & load

Thanks, Doc
Medic mains are the ultimate alphas in TF2

>Heavy Man
Based and Pootis-Pilled
Nice loadout too

Attached: 1552559312911m.jpg (756x1024, 92K)

>lock and load
>has no bounce
>no splash damage
>trainingwheels
>has low bounce
>has splash damage

ik which is a training wheel.

for

Medic
you should know what it is, usually a kritzkrieg in pubs
Scout. Soldier and Demo when I'm goofing off

Medic mains are basically the mercy mains of TF2

You have no real autonomy, you have to rely on the damage classes to achieve everything for you.

if there's a single thing that OW does better than TF2 it's that a few of the healers in it are some of the most actually-enjoyable attempts at healers in a shooter out there. Ana and Lucio are actually something approaching fun.

>Favourite class
Heavy. yeah sue me.
>General Loadout
Tomislav, Family Business and Pan.
>Other 2 classes
Demo and Engineer. Defense boys for the win.

>favorite class
Scout
>general loadout
Scattergun, pbpp, atomizer
>Other 2 classes
idk Sniper and Spy i guess

>approaching fun
>Lucio
he's the saving grace of overwatch and the only hero that takes skill and is fun to play

I loved playing Ana on OW before I got bored with it. It just felt like a faster crusader's on roids. Lucio was sorta fun too, reminded of surfing but much much easier. If only there a Spy class in OW. Might've made invest more time.

>Heavy
There's nothing wrong with this, user. Very patrician loadout. I loved playing Heavy in TF2Center lobbies when Spy was already taken. It's a fantastic time.

Attached: 1552559920052m.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

TF2:
>medic is retarded and overextends
>enemy team punishes by taking his uber charge from him and making him spend 15 seconds respawning
Overwatch
>healer class is retarded and over extends
>enemy team tries to punish
>oh nevermind healer is Moira, so they can out DPS most dps classes
>or mercy, who's pistol is god tier if you can land 100% headshots
>or that robot who has a really good dps
>or that one thats a sniper and can stun you/deny you health regen
>also if you somehow do get punished you just respawn in 5 seconds anyway
>and don't lose your ultimate charge

Yeah OW is so much better at rewarding dumb plays whereas TF2 treats you like the dumbass you are and makes you sit there watching your team get slaughtered because you went into the chokepoint before your team.

godspeed to all heavy mains. I get backstabbed second 1, but for all who stick to him are the true kings

Heavy mains, yeah big ass thumbs up.
Hoovy mains, please drown in 2fort's sewers.

Do hoovy's evens till exist. I only see them on CTF community servers

OP and Spy main here.
Just do random 360s, you'll be surprised how many spies you can catch off guard. Don't be afraid to spy check everything.

Attached: 1552472543720.jpg (356x299, 16K)

I haven't launched the game in a few months but when I last played yeah, they exist. And when they are in your casual lobby they ruin everything. I once was in a death fight with a spy and he was gonna win. Hoovy on his team threw a sandvich at me and had I continued fighting I would have won. But being the fairer player, I suicided...

fuck that. I've never seen TF2 as a highly competitive game but if they're constantly ruining duels, fuck em

Soldier
Aside from stock I enjoy Liberty/Buff banner/Equalizer
I also enjoy Engi and Medic

Attached: 1549239636290.jpg (1131x707, 117K)

>charmer's chapeau
Is there a more yikes item in this game?

I'll give you the fact that Lucio and Ana are some pretty fun characters to play (wouldn't mind if wallriding mechanics including momentum somehow got modded onto Pyro or something) but medic is the penultimate class for being rewarded for having good game sense. If you need more skill and apm there's crusader and vaccinator for you

Definitely top 5, I try to target them and Noh Mercy spies. They get very salty when I just Revolver kite them and dont try to fight in their "trickstab contest"

Another contender is lime green scout getups.

Attached: images.jpeg-71.jpg (554x554, 23K)

Hot pink scouts go there too.

How about anger snipers?

How do you guys treat default get-ups?

Attached: 1533246502850.png (544x584, 10K)

snipers only wear the anger to meme. Or they have no self-awareness but most people playing tf2 have played it longer than 2 months

That's realistic now.

Big power revolver needs like a dozen shots to kill someone.

It's like why even use anything but stock?

Scout
Stock Scattergun, Winger and Wrap Assassin
Engi and Demo

Ehhhh way too obvious. Kinda like naming your gun like "something something MLP Futa cock something something"

addressing your individual points aside because most of them are pretty hyperbolic at best or lacking context, the point is that the healers are generally individually more fun to play than medic. in TF2, the extent of what medic does is "hang behind your team and heal/stay alive until charge, and if you deviate from this and die, your team is fucked and it's your fault specifically."

OW still has this because of the MOBA deathball shit it is at its core, but they made sure to give them some room for cheeky shit in concept. Lucio being faster than everyone else and having deceptively good DPS/survivability, Ana having decent long range damage and utility like the dart and grenade

I guess that's a good way to put it. Most people who play shooters want to do something proactive, and with medic, you're making a bad decision for the entire team 9 times out of 10 when you do something proactive, where some of OW's healers are made to give you room to try shit, go for kills or disables or just disrupting the team with a boop.

It's easier to get people to play healers if you have something that rewards them for doing something other than staying alive behind their meatshields.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying

Stock is really really fun

Depends on the class.
Scout is ok because his stock scattergun is a pretty balanced damage dealer.
Soldier same deal, his stock getup has great overall offensive capability
Pyro I respect stock more than phlog
Demoman depends on preferred weapon. Stickyspammers can fuck right off.
Heavy, again their stock is good, but I'd miss the food
Engineer, i hate because they will be slow and typically turtle in their nests.
Sniper I pay no mind to.
Medic I get disappointed in but its better than vacs.
Spy is just a disaster.

I have to disagree with you on some classes.
Demoman is very based in stock, "stickyspam" is just very dumb and ineffective. Good at stomping new players

I personally run Stock Spy a majority of the time, even in Lobbies. I've found strong success in it. It's very good.

Stock spy is great. I'd just reccomend swapping the stock knife with the spycicle, it's basically just a direct upgrade

I find the stock knife better. You shouldnt be in a situation where you get hit by stray fire in the first place.
Doesnt it still have a distinct melting sound that gives you away?

>class
Scout, best personality and best playstyle
>loadout
Stock/Pocket Pistol/Three Rune
>other classes
I’ve played enough that I can get top 3 as any class on a pub. I found a community server where I get my ass kicked so I’m kinda excited to mess with that.
rip Teek

Well I will give it to the design of the medic for being being in a weird place of being the most important class, but being completely defenseless. Allows teams to exploit this by prioritizing on killing the medic, encourages teamplay and cognizance of positioning etc.
In Overwatch you don't prioritize a hero over anyone else because teamfights are always won through number advantage and so there's no sense of nuance. Even Mercy manages to be more braindead than medic because her Lshift allows her to run away before anyone can kill her

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_Wiki:Trivia_Wall_of_Shame

>This hat it called Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative, maybe implying the sniper's name is Rick

Attached: you know it engie.png (368x355, 228K)

If youd like. Try out some lobbies. I top 3 very easily on all classes in pubs but once I went to lobbies, I got my ass kicked so many times.

>Medic I get disappointed in but its better than vacs
Stock medigun is the best of the mediguns, it's his stock primary and melee that sucks.

Soldier
stock, gunboats, gardener
after half of the enemy team goes pyro to counter me I like playing sneak heavy with the tomislav and rape them at their own game
Playing Pyro as a gimped scout that can airblast is also pretty fun, it's also pretty funny when a soldier across the map fires a rocket at me so I can jump with it and get a cheeky kill

Attached: ipad hudda.jpg (474x549, 43K)

>class
sniper, but i think i'm slowly starting to like demo more
>loadout
bazaar bargain, jarate, kukri
>other 2
demo and medic

>engy
>jag, rescue ranger, peestol
>demo, sniper
Also, choose your waif.

Attached: TF2 - Femclasses.jpg (3264x2492, 1.86M)

> Federal Express - "This set is referred to by many as the "G-Man Set", as it has similarities with one of the characters from the popular sandbox game, Garry's Mod."
I have no words.

Attached: Bugs.jpg (500x552, 83K)

Reddit thread

>Favourite class
Pyro. Just love airblasting
>General Loadout
Nostromo Palmer, Detonator and Homewrecker.
>Other 2 classes
Engie and medic. I just like support, even my pyro is support.

Unironically would play granny demo, any of the engineers and maybe sassy black momma heavy.

Melee Heavy is the most unironic fun I've ever had in video games.

Bazar bargain, Darwin's Danger Shield, Pan

This is the single best sniper loadout, fight me.

do you not like throwing piss at people or something?

demo is peak tf2

I used to, but the new DDS grants me the ability to negate pyroes, and that's worth all the piss in the world.

oh my fuck thank you for bringing that to my attention, i didn't know

>Very high test choice, nice loadout overrall.
Scottish Resistance is the opposite of high test. I don't mean that as an insult but the whole appeal of it is that it makes playing TF2 Demoman feel like playing the more laid back TFC Demoman. Instead of being a frontline DM class you hang out with Heavy and Engineer, just like the good old days.

Do any of you peeps play competitive? I'm not judging if not, nowadays I pretty much only play pubs.

Soldier and demo, can't pick. I have (many) more hours as demo, but I've been way more into soldier there past few months.

Original, gunboats, escape plan.
Iron bomber, sticky launcher, bottle.

I like to play all classes, but the ones I enjoy the most are Sniper and Scout.

As opposed to what? The GL? They're pretty much the same weapon, but each one is better at spamming certain spots. The LnL? That's just an embarrassing weapon to use, Direct Hit wannabe without actually bringing anything of worth to the table.

as opposed to the double donk machine ofcourse idoit.

>>What's your favorite class?
Scout
>>What's your general loadout?
Stock w/ boston basher melee
>>What other 2 classes do you enjoy playing?
Pyro & sniper & soldier

While mechanically interesting, the nerf just made it worthless and unsatisfying to use to me. Why bother going thru all that thinking about timing for one measly pipe when you can pop 2 pipes on someone's face?

The true training wheels of demoman is the cancerous mentality that using stickies is bad. Once you get rid of that, you're ready to improve.

>using stickies is bad
GRRR HOW DARE YOU USE STICIKIES FOR ANYTHING BESIDES AREA DENIAL

Stickies are fine. Using them exclusively as a substitute for good aim and prediction is not fine.

Enjoy the best sniper secondary, friend.

Sorry mate, that'd just be limiting the best weapon in the demo's kit.

Well, yeah, of course. What I mean is that one shouldn't avoid using them just cause "sticky bad, ur a stickyman!!!". Gotta learn how to use pipes, gotta learn how to use stickies, gotta learn when to pull your bottle out.

i'm out of ideas

Attached: 3254987698534987465.png (739x412, 51K)

>a crutch against pyros that gets fucked over the moment the pyro has a shotgun or uses a melee when they get close to you
>the best

"Futa Pyro Dick"

>"The name One Thousand and One Demoknights is a refence to the 300 battle because there were a thousand Persains fighting 300 Spartens."

What's up with the increase of cheaters and bots? I got into a match that was literally all sniper bots, all with three random words for a name, saying "good shot" which quickly kicked me out. And even during normal matches, there's been an absurd amount of aimbots or straight up bots, always with no profile pic.

as if most pyro players are smart enough to do that

>Heavy - "The fact that the Heavy wears hats like the Hound Dog and the Football Helmet seems to imply he's interested in American culture."
Did Soldier write this?

Attached: cm5ypas5zsmy.jpg (640x1136, 75K)

t.buttblasted pyro that keeps getting pan critted

You deserve for every crutch in the world to be used against you when your entire class is a crutch, nigger.

pp-bison

most pyro players aren't smart to begin with considering they chose pyro

Stock is just all around useful for whatever situation you're in. I like playing stock scout but I also love mad milk because it helps my teammates restore health and it's good for tracking spies once they go invisible

Top Notch - "The Illuminati is a fictional secret society that is claimed finance various governments and secretly rule the world. Costco, on the other hand, is the third largest retailer in the United States."

Some of these have to be shitposts.

Reminds me of the Russian from the Punisher comics and how he loves american culture.

Haven't played in forever. But for me it's
>Pyro
>Rainblower, flare gun, homewrecker
>Medic and Demoman, as pyro isn't good in every situation.
I always want to come back but all my servers are dead and quickplay feels like I am playing with bots.

Attached: pyro.jpg (2048x1536, 527K)

>favorite class
Heavy
>Loadout
Stock
>Other Classes
Soldier and Engineer

Needing a crutch against the Pyro of all people is stupid.

>bawww let me spam my dumb scorch shot across the map

Soldier
Stock, gunboats, escape plan
Demo and Scout

For most classes, sure, because you have loads of options to either
a) do effectively do lots of damage to pyro at close range
or
b) run away from pyro quickly

sniper has neither, but the DDS allows him to at least give melee a try, the opportunity to line up a few bodyshots, or give him enough time to get to his team.

>but whole class should only be effective at certain ranges!
>while pyroes spam flares across the map all the time

fuck of fag

>oh no I have been shot and pushed by a pyro using the scorch shot from far away how mildly inconvenient

Let me guess, your name was in the top 20 the year you were born, you like cars, your first fps was halo, you have a 40th percentile iq, you're a B+ student and think rock is the best genre of music?

>134 damage
>mildly inconvenient

Sniper is probably the worst thing to happen to the game, if not to the whole genre. Here you are having a high adrenaline close range fight with someone and then you die because some pussy clicked on you from across the map.

No but stay butthurt.

>spend half an hour setting up a perfect sentry/dispenser/teleporter setup
>triangulate the perfect angle to face everything so the sentry has maximum coverage and the dispenser can be used by any passing teammates

>demoman and soldier come by with their crutch weapons
>get two shot by direct hits and loch n loads

Attached: havin a real think.png (603x460, 327K)

tf2 has no future

>Favorite class
Scout, Demo or Sniper
>Favorite class
Scout
>General loadout
Stock, switching melee to Boston Basher if I have a competent Med
>Other 2 classes I enjoy
Demo and Soldier, sometimes Sniper except I fucking suck at him.

Heavy
Minigun, Sandvich, GRU
None________

>Spent half an hour on building placement
lmao get a load of this retard

The Double-Cross Com or the Byted Beak combined with the Grim Hatte.

I really need to proofread my posts more, Christ.

Troublemaker's Tossle Cap

>when you hear the sound of a battalion's backup as an engineer

Attached: 1535609392799.jpg (480x480, 35K)

Is must be painful being this average.

RIP TF2 thread

Pyro (yeah I know)
Backburner, Scorch Shot, Powerjack
Solider and Medic (Solider really is tied for Pyro for me and Medic because I can usually turn the tide of a bad push/team)

Attached: SpookyFace.png (310x426, 61K)