When are we getting a new Donkey Kong Country?

When are we getting a new Donkey Kong Country?

Attached: dkc.jpg (820x275, 121K)

Do we need a new one right now? I was very satisfied with Dong freeze, so I can wait awhile for the next game.

What really needs a new game is F-zero if anything. Or advance wars.

whenever they make a new one, king k. rool and his kremlings need to come back

They need to rethink the formula of what a Donkey Kong game should be.
At this point I'd rather have a new DK64 game than a Country game.
The last one was just throwing different sorts of in-stage mechanics at you at each scroll of a screen and never seeing them again. The series has fallen greatly since DKC which was more about speed and timing.

This. I liked the Snowmads, but we need the Kremlings back. What kind of motif should they use this time? Ninjas? Gangsters? Cowboys?

More importantly, when we do, how could it possibly compare to Dong Cunt Freeze?

By making it a Metroidvania, the logical next step for any platformer

Attached: 1540642960693.png (640x480, 254K)

>The last one was just throwing different sorts of in-stage mechanics at you at each scroll of a screen and never seeing them again
You mean 2?

Hopefully soon. I like how the new games give him weight and mass when you move him around. On top of that in a sequel all I want is

>David wise
>some new stages that aren't just ice/factory/lava/mines
>falling platforms and it better be fucking hard

No, 2 was already declining in quality.

There we go. Now you're shitposting properly.

I'd like a follow up to DK '94.

Hopefully never. That trash series got five more games than it deserved.

How is DKC trash?

Tropical Freeze was half a decade ago.

They'll never surpass Tropical Freeze, so why bother? Just let it be and have it come naturally, instead of forcing it like with Metroid.

It's always been a series that hides how bland and terrible its level design and controls are behind visual and audio presentation. Donkey Kong 94 shits all over it.

Has it really been that long? God fuck the Wii U

That's not that long ago, really. Even if it was that in itself doesn't mean a new game needs to happen. It's okay for shit to end.

tropical freeze = returns but better
next dkc = tropical freeze but better

I never played DKC2 when it came out, I don't remember ever seeing it in the stores or as a rental. So I played it years later and I could not for the life of me get into it. The music felt off, the controls felt off. The increased amount a collectables. The increased caricaturing of stages and themes. So I have plenty of nostalgia for DKC but feel none of the same for DKC2.

>dude just stop making good games lmao

I'm willing to wait if they can somehow top Tropical Freeze

Good games can come from more than just the same sequels over and over again.

After all their love and effort in TF didn't pay off? God no.

Nobody is every going to put effort into a 2D platformer ever again.

>Start playing Tropical Freeze
>14 collectibles in every stage
Who thought this was a good idea? Even in 3 every stage had no more than 8.

The only ones that do anything important are the KONG letters because they unlock extra stages. I skipped the puzzle pieces since they only unlock artwork

nothing paid off on the wii u

Except Kart and Splatoon. I mean, Splatoon probably had the most successful opening out of any new Nintendo IP.

>Nobody is every going to put effort into a 2D platformer ever again.

explain hollow knight, cuphead, celeste?

Tropical Freeze getting a Switch port = Nintendo filling that quota for the time being. Same with the other Wii U ports.

I think TF was a good sendoff. What else can you really add to DK aside from new animals, settings and level gimmicks? Do you want DK to just turn into NSMB?

It got ported to an actually popular console last year though, user. To most people it's a new game.

I hope they make a big 3D donkey kong next, taking elements from retro's dkc games in terms of difficulty and setpieces and adding some of jungle beat's scoring based beat em up gameplay

the series needs a shake up or else it's going to turn into another kirby or yoshi

>After all their love and effort in TF didn't pay off?
Nobody cares how much "love" and effort you put into something if the end result is shit.

Derivative shit.

and TF wasn't?

Gonna be a while, considering Retro just restarted Metroid Prime 4 development.

I bet if they added back the kremlings and other animal buddies the game could be on par with TF if not better.

1) Yes. The Returns trilogy needs to be complete.
2) It doesn't stop F-Zero & Advance Wars (or even Battalion Wars) from happening.
.Nintendo can't be deaf to all the praise that followed K Rool's trailer! The king is loved, and the series even more!!

Attached: 1550358134400.png (1500x1820, 2.35M)

Do away with Returns and make another revamp that utilizes the aesthetic from that Smash trailer. The Returns games are good but they look so uninspired.

Game revolves around DK and Diddy with a tag system. Plenty of animal buddies, maybe the Kongs split up at certain points and have some exclusive animal buddies.

Well, more animal buddies are an easy & good way to make a 3rd Retro DK that might surpass Tropical Freeze. This + David Wise + Kremlings & everything will be fulfilled.

Tropical Freeze is the best 2D platformer ever made, I don't really feel like there should be another one. Retro would be the only ones able to try and match it, but I'd much rather they do something other than DK (or Metroid for that matter, but what can you do)

I started DKC Returns on pc yesterday and its amazing, can Tropical Freeze be emulated properly? Are the old ones fun today?

Attached: 4c3.png (234x347, 29K)

Great game but bad console.

The switch rectified that though.

This. K. Rool Returns is the only way to sum up the DKCR trilogy

>donkey kong country returns... again!

Does there need to be one?
>DKC
>DKC2
>DKC3
>DK GB
>DKC GBA
>Jungle Beat (severely underrated as a video game)
>Returns
>Tropical Freeze
I'd say the Kong's had a good run.

Can the next Donkey Kong Country not use another one-time forgettable villain and just bring back K.Rool already? The tikis and walruses were wack.

Jungle Beat's use of other primates being common enemies was p. cool.

I've always wondered if that is actually supposed to be considered a Donkey Kong Country game. I only liked using the bongos for Donkey Konga and thought the idea of using them for a platformer was stupid.

>the time between Tropical Freeze's release and now is the same as the time between Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World

Attached: a frog in time.jpg (550x366, 35K)

If you didn't use bongos for Jungle Beat, you missed out on a really good time. A normal controller trivializes the multitasking between bongo manipulation and clapping to stun enemies/activate certain platforms. Same logic for the boss fights. The first level has a great example where a giant pig is blowing air, preventing DK from progressing. To keep a good combo multiplier, you have to rush in, which means tapping the right bongo, and then take your hands off to clap just before you A. get blown away, B. touch the ground. A controller completely does away the thinking behind all of this.

I just wish we got the Kremlings back and K.Rool being the final boss again, for old times sake

Being a sequel to something doesn't mean it has any less value as a videogame, go fuck yourself.

This is a great idea too! Jungle Beat bosses looked really cool.
Ok, so other Kongs as enemies + Kremlings & K Rool + animal buddies + Tropical Freeze = Winning formula.

>hides how bland and terrible its level design and controls are behind visual and audio presentation.
Shut up Cranky