How do you guys afford gaming?

How do you guys afford gaming?

Attached: 1549236916270.png (865x679, 692K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/NjTt9KvYGp7Tcg0Lhvj4cw/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>donations
>615$
Is this an American thing?

>donations

camwhores?

America is a Christian nation, so a lot of it is charity and church and whatnot

>shilling for CNBC
fuck off cunt before I send your dad back to jail

>house cleaner
>dining out
>excellent with money

>Excellent with money
>Spends $600 on donations every month

>20 dollars for a month of internet

Are tips donations?

>25 year old
>making 100,000 a year

Literally fictional

>Internet
>$20 monthly
In what fucking country? Russia?

Attached: 1522007345375.gif (250x231, 875K)

>internet is not part of utilities
>yet $195 in utilities, are you shoving metal rods into your god damn light sockets?
>spending $250 a month on eating at restaurants WHILE ALSO buying $400 on groceries for ONE FUCKING PERSON how much do you WEIGH
>house-cleaner, implying anyone who is "excellent with money" doesn't clean their own damn house
>wtf are you donating to?
>yet rent is below $900, this is the only thing that is under budgeted, depending on where you live.

Christ, this is so out of touch, it hurts. who are they expecting to fool?

>he didn't go to college

Attached: 1549237231011.jpg (550x362, 96K)

If they are would it make sense to tip 600 dollars for 200 dollar dining out?

>$825 in rent
Fuck this fucking state of mine how the fuck do the illegals even afford to come here if these fucking sanctuary cities are unlivable from just rent alone for the actual people meant to be here

Attached: 1548478163014.jpg (585x583, 75K)

That's how it's done in 1st world countries.

Whose idea was this? An out of touch boomer who thinks $100,000 a year is average?

Attached: 1467869955442.png (1000x570, 221K)

"donations" to his dealer

you give them a tip because otherwise you end up on their blacklist and all the employees spit in your food.

Get roommate.

Charitable donations are tax deductible.

how out of touch are the boomers who wrote this?

I thought CNBC was american

>Donations: $615
>Dining out: $250
>Transportation: $130
>Cell phone: $40
>House cleaner: $20
Why tho?

>Go to college for a compsci
>Country kinda sucks for compsci so I'm only making 60k a year
>Country is also expensive as fuck to live in
>Have to live in a major city to earn enough money
>Major cities are insanely expensive
>If I want to make big bux I gotta move to America
>Its insanely difficult to move to America unless you're a spic
tempted to just move to some asian country where tech jobs are in demand and be treated like a second class citizen

tips are taxed
donations are not I think?
maybe?

Pirate

Groceries may also count stuff like cleaning supplies, toilet paper, stuff for fixing up the house, etc as that has to go somewhere

UK?

>Dining out is more than half of what is spent on groceries
>$400 in groceries, or $100 a week
>Transportation costs $130
>$20 internet
What in fuck.
Where did they get these numbers from?

Fuck, you got me.

Attached: dbc.jpg (640x720, 152K)

everyone in this drawing looks like they want to die except the lonely asian salary worker, who drew this?

Sure, lets all lower our standards as the cost of living keeps skyrocketing while wages remain stagnant.

If you go by that chart then he still has about $67000 a year left over. Seems like plenty left for games.

You're still giving away money...

trasnportation means gas, and for most people a cellphone is vital. Donations is pants on head retarded, but dining out and a house cleaner are just luxuries for making 100k at 25 years old.

Australia though I hear UK is even worse for tech jobs
at least they can move somewhere easier

I'd say I'm surprised that this thread is full of people who think "Donations" means giving money to the bing bing wahoo screaming man on the internet and not donations to charities for tax writeoffs but this is Yea Forums so the average poster is like fifteen years old

I'm not saying the system is good I'm just explaining how to live in it.
I pay

DONATING DOESN'T SAVE MONEY EVEN IF IT'S NOT TAXED

And if you're close enough to a lower tax bracket it can actually save you money overall.

Does that mean if you give 600 bucks over say a year you can get 600 bucks back from big daddy gov at the end? I really doubt it

>$600 donations
>$400 groceries

Attached: 1552325219347.jpg (384x395, 24K)

Why are you paying $40s a month for a cell phone.

actually there's this thing called "taxes" that most people pay which is where most of that 100k likely goes

oh yeah, a $3 bottle of bleach and $5 bottle of window cleaner go fast when you're blowing through $392 of groceries and constantly shitting on the floor and projectile vomiting against the walls--

but wait! you have a house cleaner! perhaps they should do the cleaning?

>trasnportation means gas
How much would you have to drive per day in order to spend that much? Paying $130 a month for gas sounds ridiculous.

No tax brackets don't work that way.
Only income exceeding the given bracket is taxed at the higher rate.
If 100k-150k is taxed at 40% and I make 110k only 10k is taxed at 40%.

Donating money is losing money unless you're rich enough to use loophole shit.

I don't dine out I clean my own place and I sure as fuck don't donate.

Guys I want out of this ride. In what country can a burger like me make good money teaching English and make enough for a great standard of living? I hear Asian economies are booming.

Attached: eggman.jpg (619x619, 23K)

that's how much it usually is on all carriers for unlimited data

i dont get how people spend so much on groceries, my struggling friends tell me they spend $250 on groceries every 2 weeks

>teacher
>great standard of living
Literally nowhere.

>$615 in donations
>saving literally nothing
Is this a fucking joke? I can look past eating out and a house cleaner if you're making decent money, but for fuck's sake save for a rainy day.

Avocados, activated almonds and free-range gluten free bread doesn't come for free you know.

in the example, the guy is making 100k a year but only paying a bit over $800 in rent. My guess is that he has a long commute.

Nowhere unless you have special things so that asian elites will hire you as private tutor.
>ivy league degree, highly trained pianist, etc

> guaranteed replies the image

>400 dollars in groceries

Bro you can survive with some water and a cup of 99$ noodles a day

jokes on them I shit on the toilet seats so they have to clean it
Your move

Because your struggling friends buy exclusively chicken and rice. If you buy name brand food, offseason produce, and expensive cuts of meat its not hard to do.

You have never filed for taxes in your life.

i easily spend somewhere in that neighborhood on gas per month

fucking blows having a 25 mile commute to work every day

I deadass spend maybe $20 on food every week. Usually less.
What the fuck are people buying to waste ten times that money?

In Russia it's like 10$ equivalent/month for 100 mb/s. In civilized parts of country, at least.

idk man I pay around 10 bucks for 500 megabits, as far as I know none of my europoor buddies come even close.

Attached: 9GiEOVHgD8U.jpg (640x800, 191K)

I never got this
>HAH I'll pay $600 so my taxes get $600 lower
Why? Unless you have your own organization to donate money to yourself it makes no sense.

The rest of their income is saved, user. Learn to read.

>how the fuck do the illegals even afford to come here
Probably 4 of them share a single appartment 2 hour from their workplace.

>99$ noodles
You from Zimbabwe?
Jokes aside, that shit's like 37 cents where I live. 25 if you're just doing the package of noodles and seasoning.
t. will one day die of sodium overdose.

I pirate games and built my pc from "leftover" parts of kiddy pcs I build and fix for extra cash on the weekend.

The other trick is too have hard to value assets like art and get an inflated valuation then donate.

This has to he bait. "Internet $20?". The cheapest option here is $80 a month though I opted for the "mid tier" $90 a month plan. Utilities $195? Yeah that covers my power and water and nothing else. And my house is small and I'm grandpa tier autistic about keeping lights and electronics off.

How the fuck do you spend 400 dollars in groceries and then spend 250 eating out? Monthly health care is also around 400 dollars individually, what kind of voodoo magic did this totally truthful and real 25 year old pull to get rates that low?

Vietnam

I could excuse them if they had girlfriends or whatever but they don't, there's literally no excuse for not eating cheap fatty meat and rice/pasta if you're trying to save money.

I had $40 100mb from comcast in a major city.

For 30 dollars a month I don't care if I was living in a cardboard box in an alleyway wouldn't clean shit, and I mean that figuratively and literally.

My rent is 400 and my job pays 2k a week . Spend like 100 on groceries . Tempted to buy a switch though is it worth it?

iirc the guy in the article lives with roommates, so utility, internet, and rent payments are split

I wait years/for black friday for games to become $10-20. This unfortunately causes me to be unable to discuss any games unless it's part of a series and has a general on /vg/. Not sure why I still come to Yea Forums sometimes.

Attached: Uematsu dabbing.jpg (1794x1009, 97K)

Bro, where the fuck do you live? I have to pay over $60 just to get 20 megabits.

The person in the chart is not living alone but sharing the apartment with other people.

>17MPG jeep
>42 mile roundtrip
yeah it's not hard

HOW DO YOU GET A HOUSE CLEANER FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH AND ONLY PAY $30
WHERE'S MY MEXICAN SERVANTS

>$100k salary
>Still lives with roommates
kek

moskvabad, the competition among the companies here si insane. Just this summer I got a 200 m-bit deal for practiacally the same price and was quite happy about it.

Attached: 1545525199589.jpg (2048x1964, 687K)

Well then this whole thread is dishonest.

>get new job last year
>only get payed 78k
>2k rent, at least half my monthly intake
I hate the economy.

Lmao I spend $100 a week on petrol

Why do they show a rich person as an example? Wouldn't it be more sensible to present someone who has a normal salary? Majority of Americans consider someone making 100k a year rich.

Depends on what games you like. It's main draw is the portability. If you're like me and you tend to move around a lot then it has it's uses. All you need is an outlet plug somewhere and you're golden.

If you're static or like graphics go with one of the other guys though, cause the nintendo's 3d graphics are basically just slightly better than the Wii U's used to be in handheld mode.

>>Dining out is more than half of what is spent on groceries
Hes rich dude, he can afford it

>>$400 in groceries, or $100 a week
He's probably buying filet minon steaks or some shit, hes rich, he can afford it

>Transportation costs $130
Filling up every week at 30 bucks a fill up (3 bucks/gal) and this is reasonable

>$20 internet
Now this is the nuts one. Ain't nowhere in the US you can get internet for this cheap

Alright, ya got me.
But why is over 56% of his untaxed income going to savings?

The internet in Russia is extremely cheap and fast. No idea why.

>payed
You don't deserve it at all

Where the fuck does he get a 270 health insurance premium as upper middle class?

Spotted the zoomer whose parents pay for his keitai

Hell it can be 50+ if you're on verizon

this, vietnam has been doing remarkably well and is developing rapidly.
by american standards it won't seem like much but the salary you'd get relative to the cost of living will get you a great quality of life, pic related is a $300 apartment in the middle of the capital

Attached: apartment.jpg (1012x567, 133K)

Californians live in their own little bubble and assume everyone is willing to shell out lots of money for the most pointless shit

Why do you think are they pushing shit like THE CLOUD and liveservices for everything even though most of the world lacks the infrastructure and income for those things?

only worth it if you do more in donations and it exceeds the standard deduction that most people get a year.

If you like nintendo games, probably. Any multiplats are dogshit tho

What kind of absolute junker of a car would you have to have that requires filling up a tank every week?

Where do you keep bath and the kitchen? Under the bed?

comfy.
And with American money, you can get so much food for so damn cheap-delicious!

Because hes rich, thats what they do

He likely is self employed and thus pays for his own insurance. If he got it through his employer theres no way it would be that high

I assume that's what the pond is for.

Depends how long your commute is.

>Groceries
>400 bucks

Lmao what the fuck is wrong with Americans? I can afford an entire month for me and my gf for 200 euros. And the food is healthy and diverse

I spend a lot of time at work and am usually not doing a lot (currently at work almost off at 6:30 am) been playing emulators on my phone but I haven't played new games in almost 6 years and would like to get into it at work. Breath of the wild looks good.

Attached: 1532440854490.jpg (1024x614, 64K)

An Okay-end one from 2016 that you drive 80 miles daily to work on (this is literally me). Welcome to MURIKA

Can confirm, I'm an american studying abroad in Russia and high speed internet is ridiculously cheap here. 100mbps with Dom.Ru for like $12 a month.

Frenchfag here, it's about $1 for optic fiber here

>Excellent with money
>$2,775 monthly spending

Attached: arrest.png (719x793, 1.04M)

>2k rent
You in Beverly Hills or something? Single bedroom apartments in the nicer cities of my metroplex are like $1k-$1.5k. Also even with taxes taken out 2k shouldn't be half your monthly salary.

>No savings
America.

Then you're golden. There's also a ton of indie stuff on the eshop if you're not willing to shell out 60 bucks every time you want a new game.

Chances are if you heard of it and it's indie they've got or are working on a switch port.

I'd expect transportation would also include getting your car serviced and paying rego for it?

>$8,300 monthly income

Where's the car insurance? Is that included in transpo or is he a rich Busfag

wheres the part of paying off debts?

>$20 on food every week
A lot of people don't prepare their own food beyond scrambled eggs if they're feeling adventurous and maybe a sandwich for lunch. Then they order food for dinner, which is $6-10 a day easy.

Not him but then it would be much higher than 130 a month

He makes so much a year that he probably already paid off all of them

That's a damn good question.

Probably Bay Area

It's a virtue-signalling "coastal elite" kind of thing. Probably a lie.

>$2,755 monthly spending
>But it's okay to be wasteful and shit with money if you make a lot
>You can be a wasteful spender and still be "excellent with money"

Giving 5 bucks at church doesn't add up to $600 a month

>

Attached: 1521586523591.gif (327x370, 1.23M)

>spending less than half your income is wasteful

I spend about $1100 a month, including groceries and all utilities and my entertainment budget (about $100), the rest goes into savings. If it costs you anywhere near $800 for rent, WITHOUT utilities you need to fucking move.

Imagine having this saved on your computer. I bet you actually delude yourself into thinking "n-no I'm not a scat fetishist I just h-have it for spamming!"

Where can I find a house cleaner who will work for $30 a month?

Attached: 1552359397220.png (620x640, 260K)

MODS

It is though if you are being wasteful like spending upwards of $400 for groceries *and* $250 for dining out a month.

Base rent is 1.5k, I am adding the parking cost, the cost of having two cats and being dumb enough to tell them that I have two cats, and the internet in one lump sum. I pay the "no roommate and being able to walk to work" tax willingly. If I was willing to commute I could spend way less money but fuck traffic. I would rather have my extra 30-45 minutes a day and never worry about an accident making me late to work or going home.

He pays them 10 bux an hour and they clean it for 3 hrs a month

Get yourself illegal who can hardly speak English.

Attached: terry.jpg (1469x1102, 320K)

you're just jealous he can spend $400 on groceries

>excellent with money
>dining out
Pick one.

Because im not retarded and am able to do my finances unlike 25 year old faggots as it seems?
Oh and i dont pay for singleplayer games, games that offer less than 1000 hours of playtime are worthless

People who are good with money don't have debts, user.

You have to have a reason to live, user. We can't all subsist on good boy points and chicken tendies.

The fuck.

My opinions have no bearing on this don't try and reframe the discussion. Wasteful spending is wasteful spending.

I pay an average of 2 bucks a month for a prepaid phone. The only true zoomer move is thinking that owning a smartphone with unlimited data is the only option.

>Donations
Mother fucker put that into a bank account or into stock don't give your money away.

Over 100k here at 28. A job in sales makes a lot of money

>rent
>$825
lol that's $140 more than my mortgage.

I've done that. The best I've found is $50 every 2 weeks plus supplies

I'm not gonna quote all these amounts, but they're all fucking retarded, on what basis did they make that study? are these fuckers really that disconnected from reality?

I've got almost 10 years on him and am making $40,000 a year. I have a master's too... what did CNBC mean by this?

$400 is nothing. Living in Norway, I spend at least the equivalent of $700 on groceries each month.

Having healthcare like every othe country in the world would be better for you.

I figured I would regret looking at that image and it turned out I was not wrong

cringe

Jesus Christ 14-year olds LARPing as 300k starting gigachads might be the single most obnoxious thing.

Attached: 1526184070157.png (600x508, 397K)

What do you spend on dining out every month?

>internet
>$20
where?
What city internet is for $20?

>I pay an average of 2 bucks a month for a prepaid phone.
What carrier? Some weirdo European or Russian one? In the US the lowest you can pay for cell phone service is 30/mo

same
$25 7eleven speakout plan that expires in one year.

The difference is that YOU get to choose where the money goes instead of giving it to the government jews

>274 dollars a day

Attached: 1538294343258.jpg (850x1034, 183K)

then they are called investments?

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/NjTt9KvYGp7Tcg0Lhvj4cw/
Was it autism?

Nowhere, just like all these numbers they're eitehr vastly exagerated or straight up made up. These """"journalists"""" are probably california tier level of snob who don't know what actual real life is and who spend their time writing stupid articles about things they don't know while drinking some starbucks """" coffee""""

Kek

Is this an accurate representation of living costs in the US? Why are utilities so cheap?

I live alone in the UK and pay
Rent: £545
Utilities: £171
>Council Tax (25% off for single person discount): £87
>Electric (only, don't have gas): £56
>Water: £28

That's my most basic living expenses. Obviously I have interenet/phone/tv/food/travel bills on top of that. Does he not pay anything at all and just use free TV/internet for his entertainment?

>american "apartments"
You fags are literally out china-ing china.

Attached: microapartment.jpg (636x637, 51K)

Wtf who the fuck includes donation in budget?

It's prepaid, I buy a 10 bucks service card once a year and just use VOIP unless I have something urgent.

$2.755 is actually not that much, especially if you take away the donations.
Excellent with money doesn't mean that you live like a fucking hobo, trying to spend as little as possible, it just means that you live a comfortable life while still being able to put a decent amount of money away.
I mean, hell, what's the point of money if you're not going to let yourself enjoy some of it.

Nothing. Food is just expensive as fuck in this country. High quality, but expensive. We've also got some of the craziest taxes in the world. In fact, the government even introduced and additional tax on wares that contain sugar.

he is self employed, started his own business

>Does he not pay anything at all and just use free TV/internet for his entertainment?
user, rich people in the US are literally married to their jobs. They work for fun. They don't need entertainment. They're psychopaths. They enjoy screwing people over for fun.

>Is this an accurate representation of living costs in the US? Why are utilities so cheap?

No. No it is not. Especially not for a 25 year old.

>when you want your clothes to smell shit

>excellent with money
>literally spends 1/4th of his paycheck on "donations"

Why do americans even have toilets in their houses when they shart in the walmart anyway?

2k rent? after taxes, it would cost me 2.5 months to afford rend wherever you live, that is if my paycheck went only to paying rent after taxes

>nearly $1000 a month rent
Jesus christ, is that normal? I make less than $300 over two months. There's no way a small apartment in an average neighborhood would be that expensive, right?

>Making 100k at 27
>Spend like $200 on video games a month
>Maybe like $100 on food
>Just bum off my parents and hoard the rest

Attached: 1475797324680.jpg (1280x720, 503K)

I saw that video, looks comfy as fuck

Because we can't always run to the walmart when we feel it coming out. It's for emergencies

I make 7700€

annually

Attached: 1463251092545.png (253x224, 92K)

What is this 25 year old doing with the other 66% of their money?

This is just a picture of someone storing their spare toilet in a closet.

>go to college they said
>tens if not hundreds of thousands of debt in student loans for this

Attached: architects.png (673x501, 364K)

I make $34500 a year as a NEET.

Wow, remove this pic of children depicted in a pornografic way, you homosexual priest.

okay so where does all that tax money go, the pockets of the politicians?
at least you don't have entertainment tax, which Chicago has

>Because we can't always run
You guys can run? Do americans really do this?

30-40% probably goes to taxes

If he isn't dumb he's saving or investing the rest

Lowest you will find in the US in a poverty riddled small neighborhood with a tiny apartment would be somewhere in the 400s/mo. It'd be depressing as fuck.

>mom and dad buy food for me for 25 years
>never really pay any attention to how much food costs
>live on my own and try to budget everything ahead of time
>give myself a budget of $500 a month for food
>find out 3 months in I only spend $40-60 a week on food while getting anything I want
Why didn't anyone tell me food isn't crazy expensive?

>this is fine

Attached: americans.png (679x572, 633K)

Highly doubt everything is there, probably left some stuff out since he knew it would be publicized

By run I meant "drive in our SUVs". That's what we call running now.

Gotta give the immigrants their mansions.

How do you people live with yourselves

Attached: american 1.jpg (666x532, 72K)

>he didn't pay his off after his first year of working

what's it like being mediocre?

Attached: 1395539128158.jpg (506x337, 48K)

>25 year old who makes 100,000
Where are his donations to the temple?

>buy housing in Vietnam
>receive a hot tub-sized witch's cauldron

is sugar tax really that crazy?

And your faggot e-celeb donations

Please tell me your secrets my NEET fren!

Damn. I wish I could do that.

FUCK RICH PEOPLE

This is me if the donations and half of groceries get lumped in with rent and renamed mortgage. At least I don’t have roommates.