Yea Forums Gauntlet

It's time for another Yea Forums Gauntlet, because you faggots need to play some VIDEO GAMES.

How does it work, you ask? It's very simple, get your ass over to s3kr.it/gauntlet.html and click on NES. See that game? You're gonna play it and you're gonna beat it.

RULES:
No savestates. If you get a game over, you go back.
No cheats. Game Genie, Gameshark, Action Replay and whatnot are off limits. The same goes for in-game cheat codes, though you may utilize passwords as long as you unlock them yourself.
No turbo inputs.
No rerolling. The game you get is the game you must play. That's the challenge.
If your game doesn't have an ending(arcade styled games) check to see if there are any top scores and beat that.
If your game features some game-breaking bug, or is a text-heavy game that lacks translation, you are allowed to reroll.

Use the emulator of your choice so long as you adhere to these rules.

You may post screencaps of your progress in this thread as well as ask for help.
Good luck, user.

Attached: Gauntlet.jpg (512x480, 104K)

Who makes these dumb ass games up?

Huh.

Attached: mtr.png (1022x304, 6K)

every time I do this I find a worse and worse game and I never have fun

That sounds pretty cool.
I got 'Dirty Harry' which I guess is a side-scroller/shooter game. Doesn't look too bad.

FUCK YES, even though this should really be on /vr/.
>Your NES game is
>Blues Brothers

I usually have it go extremely good or bad. Rolled Wai Wai World 2 last time and it ended up being one of my favorite NES/Famicom games.

Well, I think I'm stuck already. Got my ass into this backalley street and I can't get out.
This game looks like shit and controls are pretty bad. You press A to ready your weapon and you can aim in 6 directions, which is pretty good I suppose. But, it just feels kinda slow.
Also, I don't know how jumping works. Seems like pressing A+B while holding left/right jumps, but sometimes he jumps just from pressing B?
I dunno man. This is gonna be rough.

Attached: 6247586.jpg (994x866, 357K)

I havent seen one of these in a while
sucks i cant participate though

I rolled Kid Dracula and it was genuinely a great fucking game. Didn't take too long to beat and wasn't very hard, but it was overall very enjoyable.
Save for a pop-quiz towards the end that I had to guess my through because I don't read moon.

I also rolled Hydlide once. It took me around 8 hours to beat. Can't believe I actually sat through that shit.

Attached: 1514353308886.png (196x192, 3K)

That game has a literal fuck you room you cannot get out of by any means and forces you to start over. Good luck with this prime shit game

Rummaged around the apartment buildings. You can kick shit by holding up and pressing B and kicking some drawers gave me some items.
Apparently there are fucking snakes in these apartments and I don't know how to kill them.
Anyway, here's this guy in the kino aspect ratio room. He's so fucking fit that bullets bounce off of him. So that's cool.

Attached: 7247568.jpg (985x803, 99K)

AVGN did an episode on this one user
you'll probably appreciate it more since you've played it

>A+B while holding left/right jumps

Jesus that's some prime NES controls right there.

Meanwhile I'm not even sure if my game is beatable. I think you just play one track in the mode and that's it. I wouldn't know though because my opponent's vehicle shot off and my truck goes incredibly slowly. I did run over some cars I think but they were just part of the background layer at one point of the track.

Attached: thehell.png (1992x1223, 84K)

Now that you mention it, I think I recognise this guy. You're supposed to get different clothes or something, right?

Attached: 5386497.jpg (995x800, 95K)

oh well fuck you too then
i actually love this game despite how retarded it is

Attached: chrome_2019-03-16_02-05-50.png (456x153, 3K)

I'm with you user Deadly Towers is one of the most misunderstood games on the system.

Attached: img_3299.jpg (3264x2448, 2.39M)

You had to jump next to him. Apparently jumping is how you interact with people.
After getting new clothes the big guy let me pass and now I'm getting pegged by my new gf.

Attached: 62453869.jpg (989x649, 104K)

>pegged by my new gf
lewd

hey anons. do i have to download the game+emu to play it?

>do i have to download the game+emu to play it
yeah but emulators and roms are pretty easy to find

>Your SNES game is SimCity
I literally just played this like last week and I failed to reach Megalopolis by about 20k population partially because of the startup bug it has with fuckhigh crime rate and power loss

Attached: 1517682702250.jpg (600x558, 90K)

Whelp. I don't know where to go. I found some sewers, but they're dark and something is blocking my path that I can't see.
I'm just walking around the streets and there's nothing but dead-ends. Anyone wanna give me some tips?

Yeah I don't think this game is even fully functional, let alone beatable. I might have to re-roll.

Attached: notevenmonstrous.png (2556x1352, 148K)

I think I'm making some progress, but it's hard to tell. I'm getting some items from random people, but I don't know what they are or how to use them.
I need dynamite to blow up safes, but I'm all out of them. The only way I've gotten dynamite so far is from kicking drawers and shit, but I've kicked all of them. I'm kinda lost.

Judging by the name I'm not sure this would be any better. I wonder if the game randomizer is having a bad day.

Attached: huhpt2thehuhening.png (1562x324, 8K)

Oh my fuck. I've played that game. It's fucking trash.

Attached: 82452454657.jpg (600x480, 72K)

What the hell is this fan? Is it an attack?

Attached: masterfuckyou.png (2551x1346, 170K)

>Wai Wai World 2
This is pretty neat, it's like a parody of other NES games and you can switch between each protagonist's styles.

Just avgn games all day long

It's donkey diarrhea up a monkey's asshole! What was this game randomizer thinking?

Attached: aayyuss.png (306x431, 200K)

play it on nes

Yea Forums Gauntlet threads used to be maximum comfy. Even if you weren't participating and playing something yourself, just watching other people go through various games was nice.

Attached: 12352647568.jpg (761x532, 74K)

SEND HELP, I don't think I ever wanted to stop playing a game as much as I do right now. The first level took 6 continues at least.

Attached: Blues Brothers, The (U) [!]-190316-024340.png (768x720, 2K)

Now you're playing with power, user.

Neato

At least somebody got to enjoy a game out of this cursed thread.

too bad my dpad is broken

Attached: file.png (472x149, 5K)

oh man I haven't seen this in a while

Never heard of this, hoping it's not trash.

Attached: (you)r nes game.png (446x146, 3K)

>Goemon
Score!

>Goemon
Haven't played the Famicom ones much but it's a great series.

This honestly sounds kinda cool. Hoping it's good.

Attached: 247586.jpg (434x141, 11K)

Yo, what the fuck? This game is awesome so far! Graphics are kinda neat and the music is really cool.
Gameplay is literally just kick the shit out of everything. You get three types of kicks and a mid-air one. The range is pretty small, but it looks like you can level up so I assume your kicks get stronger.
Beat up some witch looking bitch in like 5 kicks. Saving the password just in case.
I'm already enjoying this.

Attached: Password.jpg (1014x889, 104K)

Do either of you know of a translation patch I can use? The one I tried using made the game unplayable.

god those threads were a trip. so many anons rolled terrible avgn games

I was making the whole gauntlet, the hell is this?

Attached: thehardestmetalknowntoman.png (684x218, 5K)

This game is cool as shit. Figured out you can use sub-weapons with Select. You gotta equip them first and I only have two. One is a small orb that hovers around and fires projectiles. Each shot costs 3 MP which is really cheap.
The second is a substantial heal for 60 MP. Kinda expensive, but I guess it's good in a pinch.
Second boss sends a bunch of wolves that fly around, shooting shit at you.
You can kinda stunlock them when they're on the ground using low kicks, but the range is really short so you gotta get all up in their asses.
I think this game has infinite continues and just restarts you at the beginning of a stage when you game over, so this probably won't be too hard.

Attached: KICK.jpg (1023x896, 239K)

Good luck finishing that. The reason we're using NES games is because you can knock them out in a few hours. Save for a few RPGs which may take some days.
Saturn games can be pretty long and hard to come by.

Attached: 1520877486950.png (1158x1226, 224K)

wtf is Ys III Wanderers from Ys

You don't know the Ys series? There are some good ass games in there.

>hard to come by
I think I have ever game up to PS2 on externals. I just finished downloading the Xbox library for my modded console.

I underestimated it a bit, but the wolves(or maybe rats) all moved in a pattern, so once I got that down it was all a matter of positioning myself right and avoiding some projectiles.
On to level 3.

Attached: 24675869.jpg (1022x895, 202K)

>that fucking filename
How long has it been?

Attached: 1552631715053.jpg (640x632, 76K)

>using filters