Does it bother you that "fun is a buzzword"?

Does it bother you that "fun is a buzzword"?

That just because you like a game and it entertains you that isn't enough criteria to be "good" and if you tried to argue it you'd still lose because you can't resort to simply explaining its charm and engagement factor as "fun"?

Personally I hate being wrong about what I find entertaining.

Attached: anonymous-06-09-18-sat-12-31-09-no-419274870-v-__419276116-why-does-it-have-to-34087230[1].png (500x300, 15K)

fun is a buzzword

shuddup faggot

Fun isn’t a buzzword, even if a game is completely shit in every way imaginable, if people have fun playing it then their subjective opinion of it is that it isn’t shit

Wow, just imagine. Can't believe this.

There's room for objective criticism in gaming - for example, games can have objective technical flaws or have aspects that are designed so poorly that the majority of people agree - but entertainment is also a subjective experience and it's stupid to discount that.

"Fun" is absolutely a valid argument when defending why you, personally, enjoy a game. It doesn't hold much water if you're trying to discuss the objective qualities of something or compare it to other games.

You can admit a game is objectively flawed in some aspect while also having fun with it.

Not really because I'm not a tool

What is the big white box with text and why do I keep seeing that format everywhere?

Attached: 1546916883473.jpg (453x604, 45K)

fun can easily be an objective measurement by simply counting the number of people who claim to have fun

No? Because fun is subjective and should not be an account for a game's quality measure, only manchildren with soft spines get triggered by it.

It's fine if you say you like a game and you think it's fun, it's not fine if you are trying to argue about the objective quality of a game or proclaiming one game better than another because it's "more fun"

That's still qualitative data though, not quantitative.

For example, an absolute fuckton of people love Fortnite. I can recognize that Epic did an objectively good job creating an engaging gameplay loop and rewards system -- skill-based shooting and building mechanics with just enough RNG to keep new/low-skill players interested -- but I don't think it's fun at all.

You can say that Fortnite has objectively engaging gameplay, but you can't say that it's objectively fun.

Why the fuck does this image exist? Just post the fucking screencapped posts. I don't need the white background and black text on the bottom. You might as well add a fucking ifunny/9gag watermark and Peter Griffin reacting to it.

Right?

>fun
Stupid Nintendogaf, fun is for nincel kids.

Attached: No Fun.jpg (1440x1880, 132K)

I got it from Google Image Search.

You can find it fun, but if you can't articulate specific things that make it fun, nobody is going to give a shit about your opinion.

“Fun” is an acceptable way to describe something. However, people that use it too much tend to leave out the details about what makes it “fun”. It’s not that they are lying or wrong about something being fun, they simply lack the ability to describe it properly.

>this game is fun
>Yea Forums: reeee fun is a buzzword that has no real meaning, use quantifiable stats to explain why a game is good
>ND: we don’t like to use the word fun
>Yea Forums: reeeee these guys are surely pretentious pricks who has lost their ways
The hypocrisy of this board knows no bound

I don't give a shit if you think the game is bad if I'm having fun playing it and the fact you want to start debates with people because they're enjoying something makes you completely insufferable

Did you know that Yea Forums is composed of multiple separate entities rather than being a hive mind? I know, pretty ground-breaking.

My girlfriend told me they're made from a title to image bot on Reddit.

>Yea Forums
>not a hive mind
Lol,
Good one

The main purpose of a game is being fun but because fun is subjective, if you use it as an argument is a buzzword.
Is better to use the word as a description of your experience with the game, you know
>Hey guys, this game is fun, I'm having a blast!
something like that.

>The main purpose of a game is being fun

Attached: AB10AF3C-C9B9-4621-9734-BDAE3695E785.png (531x529, 28K)

State how a game can be "good" without being "fun".

Hard mode: you may not use bullshit empty marketing/pseudo-intellectual terms like "engaging" or anything that starts with "ludo-".

Why the fuck are you people replying to a reddit thread?

If I think it's fun, it is good. If you don't think so, then you have garbage taste, so I will not care what you think in the slightest. For example, Resident Evil series is garbage and KH is one of the greatest series known to man.