What are some good games made by people shoving agendas? Pic related is what comes to mind immediately

What are some good games made by people shoving agendas? Pic related is what comes to mind immediately.

Attached: header.jpg?t=1544905299.jpg (460x215, 35K)

Easy

Attached: 220px-Horizon_Zero_Dawn.jpg (220x254, 28K)

Does this count? I don't think it's really an agenda to have non-white people and gays, but I've seen that opinion on Yea Forums a lot.

Attached: Apex Legends.jpg (1024x536, 128K)

basically every sony first-party from recent years

That definitely counts. Double points for proving "Get woke, go broke" wrong since it's very successful.

Attached: 1549562965075.png (596x490, 259K)

>Death of the Outsider
>Good
Oh man, I almost thought you were serious for a second

>shoving agendas
Meaningless phrase just like "forced politics"

That's OP's point, my man.

OneAngryGamer is so fucking cringe

Attached: 1537267148803.jpg (1043x9999, 2.74M)

Death of the Outsider is a great game. Great levels, great atmosphere, great powers, same great gameplay that is to be expected from Dishonored.
The bank level is the best level of the series.
The story is worse than 1 and Daud's DLC but not nearly as bad as 2's.
Flaws are the fact that it's too short and that there's no longer the chaos mechanic because of crybabies crying about it ("Muh bad ending ;_;")

I don't think this guy gets cyberpunk

>great powers

>great responsibility

lol

didnt that dlc kill the dishonored franchise?

Maybe. Sales don't denote quality, though.

That definitely wasn't good though

>Why doesn't the protagonist in the demo look like the antagonist in the trailer?
lmfao this is gold

Is this a parody website?

If it is, it's definitely been a long con going on for years.

This can't be real.

It's like Kotaku from an alternate dimension

Not just sales, but also the lore.ability for the series to really continue
>The outsider was the source of magic, and without him or magic the setting stops being interesting
>As well as no future protagonists in future theoretical games being able to have any powers of any kind
>All because they had to push a 'fuck white men! Kill him with a mary sue black lesbian!' message

Did you actually play the game? They left a very clear loose end that can be explored in sequels with the cult.

Honestly, I'm fine with the devs forcing themselves to make a spiritual successor instead of a direct sequel. Many of Dishonored 2's biggest problems were things that could have been avoided if they weren't having it take place in the same universe as the first game.

/pol/fags don't actually play games

But Dishonored's universe is so cool. The problem wasn't them re-using the universe, it was them re-using characters, including one in specific that already had its arc fully concluded and re-hashed for no good reason (Delilah)

Re-using characters, re-using an entire level from a game with worse level design than D2 (D2 wasn't perfect either, but it didn't put ceiling passages the enemies can't see in every room like the first game did), and they ported over the exact same chaos system without any of the justification or relevance it had in the previous game.

DotO is not a good game.
It is good because you wanted more Dishonored.
Aside the agenda thing, the "JUST A DLC BRO, LMAO", aside the "I want to be Dark Souls".
It's a regular game that is somehow made into great because Dishonored.
Dishonored derserved more, it's a fucking amazing series.
If a new one, a real one, come out, you will se how this game is not good, just a game.
I WANT A NEW ONE SO FUCKING BAD, JUST KILL ME.

Attached: 1521804438576.webm (450x472, 1.44M)

My main problem with chaos is that they didn't change nearly enough with it. In the first game, the last level was completely different based on chaos level. In the second game, it was basically the same thing with barely any differences.

Then again, it's a feature that is hated by a lot of brainlets because they feel like they're being "punished", so whatever.

Attached: 1454232750309.gif (200x150, 1.65M)

I said it here already, but I'll say it again. The bank level in DotO is the best level of the Dishonored series.

I agree, it's alongside The Clockwork Mansion for me, it's amazing.
The people there know how to make levels and games.
But DotO is not a single free level. It's a payed game, one that has Corvo and Daud as essential characters at that.
It's a shadow of what it could be.

it's a top 3 level for sure, next to the clockwork manor and brigmore's manor

From a lore standpoint, Chaos not affecting the final level actually makes perfect sense since it takes place on a totally different island from 90% of the rest of the game, which is a perfect example of a problem that arises from the game being a direct sequel instead of a spiritual successor.

Brigmore's Manor was definitely very underrated. Lots of witches zipping about. Actually, aside from The Conservatory, I don't remember a lot of zipping witches in Dishonored 2.

there's some in the conservatory and death to the empress

witches are the only ennemies I kill everytime

I never felt like chaos actually needed a very logical reason to be happening. It's just a fourth-wall breaking way to have you affect the game in a very meaningful (if unrealistic) way.

The world being absolute grimdark or more even-handed depending on how you approached things was a really cool gimmick, I thought, and it's a shame that with each game in the series, they got farther and farther away from that concept. And then they outright removed it in DotO.

The Last of Us.
If it turns out to be good, the sequel as well.

>brigmore's manor

Attached: 1468021432919.png (640x478, 431K)

The Last of Us is really good.
The sequel will be an amazing shit, though.
If you liked the first one and think for yourself not being sucked into the hype, you can see this.

Chaos in D1 did feel very logical to me with the rat plague and the extreme instability of the government. Karnaca's bloodflies definitely had some cool moments but they're stated to be a recurring problem that's only worse than usual because the Duke cut funding to their exterminators, and nothing really suggests that they're a threat on par with the plague. The government of Karnaca also seems completely functional, if corrupt. The change didn't kill the game for me or anything but it definitely felt like a huge step down.

>that part in the streets of karnaca right before the duke's palace

comfy as fuck

Repill me on what it is.

A coup. A coup. What is is to you. A feast or a famine. A nail or a screw.

>The story is worse than 1 and Daud's DLC but not nearly as bad as 2's.
But the story in 1 and 2 were basically identical. If anything, it was really barebones in 1 and a bit more interesting and intricate in 2.

That's the problem. A complete rehash feels much less novel than the thing it's rehashing.

She was in the last game how is it an agenda?

I thought this thread was gonna be filled with accusations of discord trannies or whatever, but it turns out it's actually pretty damn good. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Attached: 07.jpg (427x300, 16K)

The 5% chance a thread turns out like this is why I still come to this shithole of a website.

I am probably cheating here, but which one is your favorite, anons?
For me it's the Complete Edition (or whatever).
1 is amazing, but Daud's chapters make it GOTY.
2+Death of the Outsider don't give it a feather,

I heard a friend say Timespinners was good, but then it turns out everyone is trans or gay or worse, and the only straight relationship is basically a rape.

i like them all honestly

dishonored 2 is superior gameplay wise but 1 is comfier

This is actually a miracle.
I tried to make a decent thread about THPS, Metal Gear Solid and Prey this week and didn't had a single post.
When I thought these imbecile threads it's all I have, I found this.

Attached: 1488632699651.jpg (809x1200, 86K)

Daud DLC > 2 > 1, haven't played the DLC for 2 yet. They're all great, though.

Fuck, I need to get around to finishing Death of the Outsider. I was actually stuck at the Bank level because I accidentally finished it with one single kill that I'm not sure where it came from and that made me want to replay the whole level to go for that perfect score.

>dishonored game set in rapture

yes / no?

DLC for Dishonored 2

I agree, the gameplay of 2 is better.
Without using comfier, I would go with better designed game, I like them all too.
The new Deus EX games ar this way too, HR is much better, but MD has better gameplay.
And we won't have a Dishonored 3 or a Deus EX Sapiens Machina combining the better of the two worlds.

Attached: 1477010174782.jpg (804x768, 128K)

Pretty sure it’s not a good game though.

Attached: 7A4D97CE-42CE-4B64-AA6A-6D5F5D4A5F4C.jpg (673x456, 78K)

We already our own Arkane's Bioshock, it's called Prey

Then it doesn't belong in this thread, ya simp. Learn to read.

No one does, including me, this is not the problem.
Writing/talking as if I am the one that decides what it is and what is not, this is the problem.
To me, it's the clash of what we are now and the fear of what we can be on the future with the help of technology, or, what we are now but in the future. But what do I know.

Attached: 1472483155846.gif (250x249, 2M)

The outsider was never the source of magic in the series. He gave you powers, but it wasn't as if it never existed without him. Plenty of people had magical powers without his help, Delilah for one, and to an extent, all of Daud's followers. Whale bones and charms still held magical power, and often drove people mad. On top of that, the Outsider was never the embodiment of his power, he was a sacrifice to a higher being, and was created from that moment. It's speculated that the Abbey was actually responsible for the Outsider, as the men who sacrificed him as a boy wear similar symbols on their cloaks, as well as their ceremonial dagger looks awfully similar to the weapons the Abbey use. It wouldn't be too far fetched as nearly all information was burned during a great crusade, and the Abbey was one of many splinter groups that came from an unknown nation / group, and the Abbey was the sole victor of that conflict. They may exist to try and right the wrongs of their past, even if they no longer remember the past at all.

Also Dishonored always featured plenty of bisexual / homosexual characters. Hell, Daud's asexual and there was a lesbian incest smut story in the art book for the first game.

I'm gonna be pissed if we don't get someone from Tyvia who escapes the labor camp and swears their loyalty to the outsider, or whoever's the big magic man now days, in order to survive certain death.

Attached: Img_24.gif (270x480, 1.32M)

Delilah got her powers from the outsider, my dude. Both Delilah and Daud are capable of sharing their power with followers, but the Outsider has always been the original source.

I agree with your overall point but I gotta correct you on some things:
>Delilah for one
The Outsider was the one to give her powers. That's the whole story in the Daud DLC.
>all of Daud's followers
Much like Delilah's followers and the executioner that was Granny's friend, when The Outsider gives powers to a person, that person is able to have others leech powers from them.

Everything about this game is fantastic except the story, i'm fucking pissed about the Outsider arc and how they ended it

any game I don't like is obviously a Soros psyops to perpetuate white genocide by using forced agendas :^)

I do find it interesting how they always planned for The Outsider to just be one in the line of super powerful beings and how there's many different entities, yet how the red herring book they placed in the first game hinting at him being a literal Leviathan would have been a much cooler interpretation of him, in my opinion.

But I guess you can argue that's the whole point. People exaggerating his power and influence when he's just a manifestation of something much larger. Deepest lore.

I was under the impression she lost the outsider's favor at a certain point and used her own wit to regain her powers. Corvo loses his powers in Dishonored 2 and has to ask for them again, or doesn't and ends up going blood & steel, mainly because she's never seen with his mark. Unless he put it on her ass or something. She used the same place of power that the Outsider was sacrificed at in order to merge with him, although it's unclear if she actually merged with HIM, or the powers he had. You're right about the followers though, weird system though.

To reiterate on my point from earlier though, the outsider was never the only "god" in Dishonored. You encounter part of a dead god in the mountain in Death of the Outsider.

Attached: Spooky.jpg (1024x576, 67K)

Why I want to fuck this girl so bad?
I would give all my money right now to lick her pussy and fuck her, what the fuck?

>A girl will never dab on you with her thighs as you nut inside her.

The point of contention is really that in Dishonored 1 and the Daud DLC, The Outsider was actually the only god and everything else was only rumors at best. You could connect all the stuff about whale bones and him together. It was only through Harvey Smith's twitter that he confirmed that it wasn't actually the case and that there were way more supernatural phenomena around.

2 and Death of the Outsider made this canon in the games, but a lot of people didn't like this new revelation and preferred it when The Outsider was at the center of it all.

As for Delilah, she definitely still had the mark until Daud killed her. The Outsider lost interest in her but didn't take away her powers and just wanted to see Daud deal with her himself.

I think you're right that from the events of Dishonored 2 onward, it's no longer The Outsider giving her powers.

As for Corvo, I don't remember how that stuff was presented, but I could swear he still had the mark between 1 and 2 (in fact, he extensively uses its powers in the comics and the book that happen in that time) but then I think he can erase the mark at the start of 2 or something.

Remember when they dropped a bunch of "subtle" hints about Emily being Corvo's daughter in the first game without every explicitly confirming it and so many people didn't get it that they had Emily say so outright in the first minute or so of the sequel?

Corvo being able to reject the Outsider's mark just strikes me as another aspect of the half-assed "Choose between Corvo and Emily but story-wise it all plays the same way" system

I think they outright confirm it even in the first game in the secret Empress room at the last level.

Honestly, I'm just perpetually salty because I had multiple arguments with people who thought Emily wasn't Corvo's daughter in Dishonored threads before the sequel came out.

Yeah, audiolog and all.
The "confirmation" is a way to introduce the characters to new players.

The lore has been fairly consistent with his portrayal, people just took his presence at face value and assumed he was some sort of physical embodiment of magic in this world, when it's been shown repeatedly to not be the case. Originally it was assumed he was a Leviathan or something of the sort because whale blood was the source of magic and power in the world, and their bones carried similar powers with them, but this has never been directly rebutted. All we know is that the Outsider was a physical embodiment of godhood, although it never meant he had to be the only one. I know the term is overused, but I genuinely feel it's supposed to be lovecraftian, without the player ever seeing any great ones. All of the outsider's followers that we know of are situated close, or based around water and the ocean. Daud resides in a flooded district, Delilah resides in a flooded mansion, Corvo & Emily rule over Dunwall, a country built around a river. Granny Rag's real residence is in the sewers, built around the carcass of a dead whale.

On top of that, there's large similarities to his stories. Granny Rags went mad on an expedition to a foreign continent (Pandyssian is Africa) and learns forbidden knowledge.

Also it was my mistake, but you were right. I forgot that Delilah took Corvo's powers at the start of 2, which pains me because I should have remembered it, it was a really cool moment. Anyways, the point I'm making is that the Outsider's true nature has never really changed, we just have a different perspective on it now with new lore. I still find it incredibly fascinating, although that's just me. I can understand that not everybody likes potential changes, especially with the Outsider's voice actor (kinda unrelated though.)