I pretend to want realism

youtube.com/watch?v=Ca4RMn6ELks
This is pretty much your last chance. Play it before it dies for good. A last hurrah of 1 or 2 full servers.
You know how everyone says "BFV sucks!! It's not realistic!!" "CoD of Duty sucks!!! It's bunny hopping bullshit!" etc. etc.?
Well here is your last chance to play the game everyone wishes those games were but doesnt actually want to play.

Attached: DarkestHour.jpg (435x229, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=1280&appgroupname=Darkest Hour: Europe '44-'45&feed=steam_community_announcements
steamcommunity.com/games/RedOrchestra/announcements/detail/1794028179031371860
steamcharts.com/app/1280
youtube.com/watch?v=UMJb_mkqynU
youtube.com/watch?v=y-JB-O8A-TA
youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only problem i have with this one besides weird moviments is that the aim needs to much that you land your weapon on something, on ro2 weapon aim is too stable, in ro2 it is too unstable. but it is an excellent game anyway.

Haven't played in like 10 years.
They still have those gigantic custom maps with teleports to trenches and everything?

>REEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEE!!! >WOMEN IN MY WORLD WAR 2 GAME!!!! >REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

It's really not much better then Rising Storm 2.

I think if they ported the maps and vehicles over from DH it would still be great.

WHAT THE FUCK!?!??! THERES NIGGERS IN MY WORLD WAR 2 GAME>!?!?!?
When are devs gonna make a good game that doesnt SPIT on my ANCESTORS!?1?
I CANT BELEIVE THIS SJW PROPAGANDA!!!! GIVE US A REAL GAME LIKE RED ORCHESTRA!!

I love Darkest Hour but I have to admit most of my time with it is from Kaiserreich

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

It has more vehicles, maps, and is more realistic. It also has more factions and weapons. The narrative was it was better in every single way than CoD Orchestra 2. Don't you remember the narrative?

>CoD Orchestra 2
This because every damn server is playing the same narrow city streets map. I can't even remember the tanks in RO2 because no one in my region would play the vehicle maps.

The tanks were inferior in every way to RO1/DH, faaaaaaar fewer and far buggier and less intricate. They had better interiors iirc, but that only mattered if you werent staring out a window, which made the whole thing pointless.

So Remember folks, all the faggots who cry and cry and cry about realism and muuh honoring ancestors, and muhhhh historical accuracy are ALL brainwashed memers that don't actually care in the slightest.

Attached: 213124151235.jpg (1091x879, 97K)

>obsessed

Attached: autism.png (105x46, 666)

What is it that you think I am obsessed with? Realistic FPS games? Youd be correct.

Post Scriptum is dead
Squad is tiny as fuck
RO1 is dead
DH is dead
RO2 is on life support
RS1 is dead
RS2 is tiny as fuck

You brainwashed memers say you want realism, but you want absolutely nothing to do with realistic games.

What does v9 add?

Back in the Red Orchestra days the only competition was Operation Flash Point.

Now the people who care about tactical FPS games have thinned out.

and rainbow 6 and hidden and dangerous and ghost recon and other games
SWAT

normies are retarded, user. We just have to deal with their shit taste

There are no full patch notes that I see
store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=1280&appgroupname=Darkest Hour: Europe '44-'45&feed=steam_community_announcements
>is release is a ceremonial one, and a milestone in the game’s development, punctuating all of the work that has been done over the last year and a half. In that time, we have added and refined a number of new features and content including squad rally points, constructions, the new Advance game mode, and well over a dozen new maps!
Is the jist

So nothing new.

Ya nothing new except all the new stuff you stupid faggot.

>Post Scriptum
had I known in PS you are not able to pick dead enemies weapons like in RO I would have never bought that game, this totally killed the game for me.

RO1 and RO2 specially never receives any update, they should be selling ro1 and ro2 for 1-2 dollars

Honestly at this point I just want to play BF2 PR ww2 maps.

Attached: germans prf bf2.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Never heard of hidden and dangerous. SWAT and the Tom Clancy games are a different style though. Smaller maps, sometimes 3rd person, small police actions not open war.

>BF2 PR ww2 maps.
DEAD

All of those thing have been there since their last patch 8.5.0. So nothing new.

>Now the people who care about tactical FPS games
>tactical FPS games
>n-n-n-no not those games

Hi,

I would really love to play this game. Does anyone know if I can install it for free without Red Orchestra 1? And how many people are playing on US servers?

Thank you.

I've been craving a WW2 shooter lately so I'll give it a try OP. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Red Orchestra 1 is currently on sale for $1.25 on Steam.

I started playing Squad as of recent. It's fun as fuck. Despite being fairly unfinished and wonky, people playing it make up for it.

awful song choice

Didn't Red Orchestra invent suppression blur?
The thing so many Battlefield players complain about? That must have been the CoD fan base.

thanks for making a thread. i've had this game since forever but haven't played it because it was dead. guess I'll try it now.

Great mod, just avoid the military larpers servers. Unfortunately they're probably the only ones still playing, so good luck, you better follow your officers orders.

I just wanted BF1944 with mod tools.

Apparently this month is the 13th anniversary of the game so servers are coming back up.

I think these games best with light military role playing and command. You can easily get lost on some of the Darkest Hour maps with out team help.

Do you know how many people play the game on US servers? I do not have a CC to get it on Steam, but I can try to ask people in Dota 2 if they can gift it for me while it's on sale. Just want to know if there are enough people with good ping before spending some hours asking for it.

There are 100 people logged in on steam right now but it's dinner time in the US and they just announced the patch. I'm sure there will be at least a few more this weekend

steamcommunity.com/games/RedOrchestra/announcements/detail/1794028179031371860

Its supposed to look worse than the first cod?

Nice. The problem with these games isn't that people are hypocrites, I for one didn't know about this. I'm also not much of an FPS guy but this looks interesting

I can't force other people to play the games I enjoy.

>isn't that people are hypocrites
I strongly disagree

Yes, it's a mod for an indie game from about the same time as the second CoD.

the Squad/PR mechanics they added in the last patch were wack. i wish they would stop trying to revive this dead game by putting out wack patches. if nobody's into it just let it die. wack

Okay thanks. Did you open the game to see those stats? Because when I went on the mod's page, I couldn't see the "in-game statistics" as for other Steam games, perhaps they don't show them for mods.

Anyways, 100 people is just fine for me, as long as it's decent ping. Gonna go ask people on Dota 2 right now.

Oh, before I forget... do I need to install RO1 too, or just install the mod? (once I get RO1, if I ever do)

Thanks again.

Darkest Hour was fucking GOAT man. Couldnt get into HOI3, and 4 is just a casualized shitshow but fuck I cant tell you how many hours I put into DH

Attached: Shitaly 2.jpg (1280x768, 373K)

Well, many ARE, but what I meant was that it's not the main reason this game isn't played. Lack of marketing is probably the biggest factor, along with kiddies who only care about graphics being the majority of gaming's audience

Why are they wack?
From my experience DH always has 20% of the players wandering around lost.

Steam charts.
steamcharts.com/app/1280
Yeah you need to own the base game.

But do I need to INSTALL RO1, or I can just go to the DH page and click INSTALL there? (implying I get my hands on RO1)

In other words, in the eventuality that I get RO1, do I need to click on install on both RO1 and DH... or I can just go to the DH page and click install there?

Thanks.

now those 20% wandering players are dedicated to building shit and doing logistics.

just dh

>10 year old game
no thanks

>FPS genre is finally dying
Thank fuck for that, good fucking riddence

Agree. They should you just add older maps and polish them, improve the existing ones, add little things from the other ro mods but nothing too drastic, the current game is a weird pr like.

It's actually bigger than ever, and devs finally realized it's pointless to cater the wehraboos.
This is why BFV is skyrocketing in popularity even though

>MUHHHHHH WYMIN SOLDIERS!!!
>MUHHHHHHHHH HERITAAAGE

oy vey remember the holocaust goyim my genes have ptsd

for

>BFV is skyrocketing in popularity
Gonna need a citation on that one bud

>logistics
Uh oh, they didn't add something stupid and tedious like manual supply lines?

I'm sure that's why they threw it on sale the week after it dropped. Or why most sites are reporting poor preorder numbers and poor sales.

Obviously there are no complete stats to compare, not digital sales numbers to tally, but if you noticed the response to the latest firestorm announcement you can clearly see the game rising in popularity.

A comparison: Apex legends, right now a beloved game:
youtube.com/watch?v=UMJb_mkqynU
700,000+ views 10k likes
youtube.com/watch?v=y-JB-O8A-TA
600,000 views 43k likes
The response has been overwhelmingly positive, and not just on youtube but every forum and website ive seen it talked about. And considering it has been on sale for so absurdly long, the digital sales right now must be overwhelming. Not that any of this will convince you.

I played that game out the ass back in the ~2010 ish, it was fun back then but it feels a bit dated now. I'm still hoping Tripwire itself does RO3 while their subsidiary/subordinate company does their 83 game. It's 8 years since RO2 so if a sequel comes out in 2020 it'll have been close to 10 years.

New graphics, features and their willingness from RS2 to have more factions would be nice. Romanians/Hungarians/Italians/Finns, along with weapons omitted from the original. I'd prefer it be the entire Eastern Front and not just Stalingrad, however, so you can get some Winter War or Battle of Berlin.

>retail sales
Ok old man, go to gamestop and flirt with the cashier.

>Argument is one video has more youtube likes than another
I can't even believe you wasted time typing out such a retarded braindead post

Is this where you post the same click bait article that only includes retail preorder numbers from a sourceless data collection site? I bet it is.

Anyways, you will see in a few weeks once the BR mode comes out. I don't even own the game btw, but it is clear as day when you compare BFV to the myriad of """"""""realistic""""" no wymin allowed games.

compare those numbers to the previous game

youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

61,136,498 views 2.2m likes

clearly the interest in the series has diminished drastically

remember when people said they were tired of gritty world war 2 shooter rehashes yearly

No argument against that, but I will have to wait 3 years to see the comparative numbers on the BFV BR trailer for it to be more fair, and not a couple days.

*one day

It's because those games are boring as fuck. I just want an arcade game with an historical setting, fuck getting shot from 1km by someone in laying in grass for 3 hours and having to wait 15 min to respawn

To prove that such game exists (fun with realistic aesthetics/setting) i raise you CoD1,2,3,4,5,6 any MoH PS2 and PC, BF2,3,4

Red Orchestra respawns are quick as long as your team isn't out of points

That was 15 years ago