This is the current smash meta. Thoughts?

This is the current smash meta. Thoughts?

Attached: 1552620365608.jpg (1064x1595, 417K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AJs-mj5TTdkmkl7nhj4twJymVPTLTUdT0MBToL1cxDs/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is Shulk really that low? His Nair is so safe.

source?

shulk requires more than 5 braincells to play so he isnt popular

*ahem*
FUCK Ike
and FUCK Inkling

Attached: 79f8e2a93170eba58ab969bfe02e56be.jpg (1448x2048, 190K)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AJs-mj5TTdkmkl7nhj4twJymVPTLTUdT0MBToL1cxDs/edit#gid=0

It's a tiny bit inaccurate. A lot of people play Inkling but literally only one person is getting results with her, meanwhile while there aren't as many Olimar players they do get results, there were 2 Olimar players in top 8 at Frostbite and Dabuz took 2nd at summit with him.
Olimar is straight up broken though.
>Purple Pikmin do 25% per move but still have Olimar's lightning fast frame data
>Up Smash is safe, hits in front, above and behind Olimar while having a lingering hitbox
>can armor through whatever he wants
>has an amazing recovery he can airdodge out of
>has a kill throw off the top which means he can kill you from anywhere on the stage unlike backthrows that require the ledge
>can camp all day long but has more than enough tools for close range fights
If you watch "high level" Olimar play it's just a mix between Side B spam when at range and Up Smash spam when close, Olimar players are the absolute last people to be talking down to other characters, even if Ike is just as braindead.

Damn.
If people improved how and when to use his arts it'd make for some big brain plays.

At least Olimar is from a good game series

Don't listen to him, Shulk is pretty unga bunga, and being able to hit Shield monado out of hitstun is bullshit. There's just no reason to use him when you can get the same results spamming Ike's nair or using Lucina and spamming aerials forever.
That has nothing to do with the discussion but Fire Emblem is fucking garbage I agree.

>A lot of people play Inkling
Citation needed.

They don't get results so you never see them in the upper levels of a bracket, almost like Inkling is far from OP and has to work for her kills unlike the other top tiers.

Roy's coming for that Chrom spot.

How is Chrom so high when he's so easily gimped off the stage?

Cite your claim, stinkling nigger. You're saying they're a popular choice but even in r*ddit characters poll they're around 15th place in terms of character usage, down from #2 during the first week of the game.

How is 15th/70whatever unpopular?

>wolf this high
Not like this.

Which ultimately doesn't matter as whomever MKLeo plays usually ends up winning.

Wolf is easy to play and he's good to boot.

>Purple Pikmin have an effective range of 3.165 centimeters
>His super armor is something ridiculously small like 3 frames so its hard to consistently pull off
>Kill throw is telegraphed multiple seconds in advanced so you know to watch out for grabs when he has a Blue on deck
Olimar is great but he has NOTHING as safe or easy to use as Ike's Nair
Not to mention all of his kil moves can be reflected to kill Olimar at 40%.

It pisses me off how terrible Ryu is

WHERE'S THE PACMAN

Attached: 147-1476221_3d-pac-man-test-by-thesmashwaffle-photoshop-pacman.png (700x960, 216K)

>Cloud
>meta
I wish user. There's no reason to use him in tournaments instead of Lucina.

It was pretty funny back when Olimar was literally broken in spirit matches, not that that's relavent to comp.

pichu and olimar..ugh

>Loved Wolf in Brawl as a kid because he was Fox but cooler
>Mained him in Project M, fun as shit
>Cut from Smash 4 for no reason
>Thrilled he’s back in Ultimate with an awesome new design, day 1 main
>He’s now the character of choice for tryhard tourneyfags and kids that watch twitch streams
>Everyone online plays him super campy and gay despite being really good at rushdown and bait and punish playstyles
>Most of these bandwagon fuckers have probably never played Starfox

Worst timeline

Attached: 50C17615-8B5A-4ECE-8E3F-CBC854034D25.jpg (4032x3024, 1.62M)

God I hope swordies get nerfed in the next update, Lucina and Ike are so fucking boring to watch and play against

wtf zero told me mii swordfighter was broken bros what happened. He can kill Marth at like 80.

Still in a decent spot. His issue is that while sinji is really good, and tea is really good, they're his entire playerbase.

Attached: tier list.png (342x1756, 132K)

Swordies ruin the game. None of them have a weakness besides Chrom and Cloud.

Why can't Meleefags let go? If they weren't so obsessed with their fursonas, they would instantly drop down several spots on this list.

>>Purple Pikmin have an effective range of 3.165 centimeters
Maybe on Fsmash, but on moves like Olimar's aerials, Purple has just as much if not more range than the other Pikmin and Up Smash (his best move) it has a fuckuge hitbox that covers every side of Olimar.
>>>His super armor is something ridiculously small like 3 frames so its hard to consistently pull off
And? 2framing is a viable strat in this game as well, and parrying has a window almost as small. Olimar's whistle is still extremely powerful.
>>Kill throw is telegraphed multiple seconds in advanced so you know to watch out for grabs when he has a Blue on deck
Too bad Blue is followed by purple which instantly forces shield. Olimar with two purples and a blue is SSS tier.
>>Not to mention all of his kil moves can be reflected to kill Olimar at 40%.
I don't think there is a single Olimar player dumb enough to walk up and attack someone with their reflector out.

Ike's nair is bullshit but Olimar's entire moveset is also bullshit.

I love how Ike is carried entirely by MKLeo when he's holding back

>an actual educated response regarding Pac-Man
I'd give you money for this post if I could. Too many retards on here dont know those names.

Wolf wasn't in melee

It's very hard to make Fox mid or low tier when the raw skeleton of Fox's gameplay is being fast. Like, he's never been bad on any iteration of smash and he's per excellency the smash bros character.

>Pac has solid tournament results putting him in low high tier / high mid tier
>Jigglypuff isn't in dead last
I'm a happy man

Attached: 1540597645550.jpg (608x878, 151K)

Looks pretty much exactly how I expected. Fuck all you launch-day fags and top player bandwaggoners trying to push your bottom tiers because of "muh bread n' butter" . get blown the fuck out.

You guys don't enjoy fighting people like this? Shocker.

Attached: count the nairs 1.webm (720x404, 2.94M)

This. People want safe and braindead characters because the meta is so young.

>Ike does nothing but spam nair
>Inkling does nothing but roll to edge and spam bomb
Neither player looks exactly fun to begin with

It's not that he's terrible, he just takes too much effort for the same results you'd get form playing someone like Lucina.

Based Ike chad bashing Stinkling's face in.

Please buff falcon. Give him air speed that he has in project m and melee for the love of God it's what makes him fun

Inkling has no other option since Ike's nair can literally only be beaten by projectiles

Get over yourself.

implying pikmin comes close the the masterpiece of splatoon

Honestly, they’re fucking bullshit. Generic anime looking characters with stiff cardboard personalities sprinting around throwing out ridiculous frame data with little to know consequence.

>B-but they’re pure fundamentals!
Sure, but they’re easy as piss to pick up and play and all their shit is so good that all you need to do is throw out your disjoints while keeping the proper distance (which is not hard to do since most of them move so fucking fast for no reason despite carrying giant metal blades) and you basically win neutral.

>Harrass characer without a projectile with a projectile
>Use a fast, strong move with stupid rang that hits up, down and all around

There is more to their characters than their neutral, but neutral can get very silly when optimized.

Redemption arc

Attached: smug frogs.jpg (915x582, 93K)

That makes sense
Lame gameplay forces lame counterplay

As a Swordie main myself: Projectiles murder them.

Zoomer spotted

Inkling has stubby limbs, everyone one of their moves has less range than Ike's nair so spam is the best option unless you want to risk whiffing a move and eating 30% off of nair to nair to uair.

You're just bad sweetie

boring characters, boring game

Not really. A lot of their moves clank with most projectiles and they’re easy to time since they’re so disjointed.

Or you're just not smart with projectiles yourself.

>all those rolls and failed short hops from the stinkling

Attached: 1508807813500.jpg (817x857, 63K)

God, I wish I could play Greninja. He was my main back on the 3DS, but I could never get good with him, so I picked up other characters.

Can't wait till a top player mains him in a major.

Attached: 1549320482304028402.jpg (1280x1291, 184K)

Just spam defensive nairs and fish for Dtilt > fair

He's too slow to get any major results

Fox has never been a bad character in any Smash, he’s got a really good character design. Same with Pikachu and Marth

Not with that attitude

Here's to hoping the balance improves over time and they don't just do what they did with 4.

It still bothers me that half of the cast have combos and the other half can barely string two moves together.

>Yea Forums still complaining about Ike's nair

Unless you're playing regulary vs MkLeo, you're probably a huge shitter.

The hell, I love my boy Dedede but that seems pretty high for him. Haven't paid attention to competitive recently, is his position due to the quantity or quality of players?

Attached: 1547337636938.jpg (1080x1080, 83K)

Wolf isn't broken-strong but he sure is cancer upon the growth of the meta.

Ike is braindead, even if you can beat him there's nothing fun about having to play around his nair.

Projectile users, like Samus or Richter can condition you to react or behave in certain ways that force you to either expose yourself or force you to eat a projectile. It's not only about the projectile as a moving hitbox in space during neutral, but also a punish tool and a way to edge guard. It's true, just spamming projetiles is easily beaten, but against a proper smart use of them there is only so much swords can do other than just letting them win neutral and losing stage control or dying.

I feel Samus has a specially strong matchup against sword because on top of having two projectiles out at the same time she has a long rage tether grab and good aerial moves.

Are the shotos shit, bros? My only fun in the game now is going on elite smash and fucking people up with Ken

I really see him having potential as a high tier in this game, this is the best he’s ever been. He has some of the best moves in the entire game and is terrifying as fuck psychologically to fight because one screwup means you lose a stock. Being slow doesn’t really matter when you can just bully your way in with his ridiculous aerials.

Not to mention DORIYAH is ridiculous for edgeguarding

Greninja seems to be shaping up as the new flavor of the month. After Stroder's play it seems MKLeo is playing him and Leffen might pick him up too.

You can win with pretty much anyone online. But yeah a lot of characters in Ultimate could use some help if you compare them to the top 16 or so.

A lot of the characters that were always bad are still bad and a lot of the old top tiers were neutered to the point where their movesets don't even make sense anymore.

They're decent but require some braincells

>tfw recently picked up mii gunner and I'm doing better than with my main DK
Really cool character.
Well I feel like the fact that no one play the mii make the match up unfamiliar for most people. Dunno how many people I randomly killed with a fsmash because they don't know big range on this move is.

I also often get a free stock vs character with reflector, 1 missile from the across the stage, and they almost always feel safe enough to reflect it, but they don't expect that I have a reflector too I guess?
Killed a Dr.Mario with reflected super missile at 40% with that.

Attached: mii.jpg (225x225, 8K)

My absolute fucking nigga, thats exactly how I play her.
Grenade Shot, Gunner Missile, Lunar Launch, and Echo Reflector is the absolute best.

Also be aware that the reflect bait does not work on Palutena or Zelda's reflectors because Sakurai is a hack. For whatever reason, after bouncing back and forth multiple times, their reflectors just delete the missile. Its retarded.

I don’t care about beating Ikes, I run into plenty of them online and are pretty easy to beat. It’s the braindead cookie cutter flowchart shit they all do that’s annoying as hell. And they’re all blue skinny Ike because of course swordie players are unoriginal fucks that just parrot the pros

But I like the color blue

I actually use Charge Blast, Gunner Missile, Arm Rocket and Reflector.

I actually never really tried the other neutral B though. I feel like the laser are useless, and I prefer Charge Blast over the grenade to get another "easy" kill move.
I'm not set on the upB too.I don't like the kick one, and right now I prefer arm rocket to lunar for the more unpredictable trajectory.

Pretty sure it's the same for multiple character. It happened vs a Wolf too.

>meta

It's not a serious fighting game

Rickles would like to differ

It’s unironically a better game than basically every big fighting game with out there right now except Tekken

Grenade Shot has a strange enough trajectory that it throws a lot of people off and can catch them off guard. Its also one of the best edgeguarding tools in the entire game. You can throw it offstage from different distances away to edgeguard multiple angles, and if it hits anywhere NEAR the blast zone, they're done at 60%. Charge Blast isn't terrible, but it has a MASSIVE amount of endlag, making a counter-reflect a non-option from anywhere that isn't across the stage. It also doesn't kill quite as early as it should to merit that kind of endlag imo.
Lunar Launch is by far her best recovery option. The kick is way too risky, has virtually no vertical or horizontal recovery, and doesn't kill until well into the 120 range on most characters. Arm Thruster is too easy to gimp and doesn't have the distance that Lunar Launch does to make up for it. Lunar Launch is the fastest and highest reaching of her recovery options, plus it has an actual projectile that can catch people off guard and gimp them if you're above them.

It's not that Wolf and Fox are broken. It's just that it's players are highly autistic furries with no life.

Attached: One copy of Smash Ultimate Please.jpg (736x736, 81K)

>Palutena
based

Wolf and Fox are the only characters I ever play. Feels good man.

Attached: 20181220_095748.png (991x514, 530K)

shut up virgin

Try hard.

ganondorf is the biggest brain character in high teir play. competent players respect him and zone him out, so you have to bait them and condition them to reset their campy neutrals in a way that allows ganon to get in.

Not at all. They're all I've ever played, Fox since 64 in my teens long ago. is closer to the truth.

It also doesn't combo into anything, so if you just wanna spam nair, it's better to just play Ike.

Attached: 1551722226719.png (245x222, 118K)

ultimate, at the moment, has a bunch of characters that are both braindead and good, so people aren't going to pick up characters that require even a minimal IQ

>70 characters in Smash
>play as a Mii

Attached: 1463034105228.png (348x278, 106K)

Which are the most braindead?

People are figuring out how to work around that.

Kirby is fuckin trash tier again lads

Attached: 76F8D051-DAC1-4171-B588-D5C656209D8B.jpg (849x694, 123K)

>m-m-m-muh results
Shu shu dicklet and have sex

I'll never understand how retards like you exist
Miis have completely unique movesets and playstyles to each Mii, with only some of their specials borrowing from existing characters, but some totally unique to them
Miis aren't characters as much as Villager isn't a character

Attached: 1551124929985.jpg (640x482, 34K)

You see that dude play Chrom at summit?

Ike, Lucina, Roy, Chrom, Wolf, ROB.
Then there are characters that aren't quite braindead but still do a lot of mindless spam like Olimar and Snake.

I like this meta. LOL

Attached: f6580186cf414b7829b3e9e604d69f3c.jpg (2100x1500, 407K)

>R.O.B. at 16

This makes me very happy to see

>Mewtwo was my favorite character in Melee but I never played him for whatever reason, always played Kirby and Pichu
>Considered myself an Olimar main since Brawl
>Now I'm better with Mewtwo than I am with Olimar
>But I still consider myself an Olimar main
Help me bros

Attached: 1551807818845.png (680x820, 283K)

cuck

> My boy Greninja is finally getting tons of use and great tournament performances along with being picked up by MKLeo, Leffen, Plup and many others

God, it feels so satisfying to finally shut those memers up. Greninja just feels so good to play in this game and I love seeing so many of them in Quickplay and tourneys.

Attached: 1543216535641.gif (384x162, 1.17M)

I LOVE Wolf!

Attached: tumblr_ox6gesmR3e1t5txr6o1_400.jpg (400x427, 74K)

>Lunar Launch is by far her best recovery option. The kick is way too risky, has virtually no vertical or horizontal recovery, and doesn't kill until well into the 120 range on most characters. Arm Thruster is too easy to gimp and doesn't have the distance that Lunar Launch does to make up for it. Lunar Launch is the fastest and highest reaching of her recovery options, plus it has an actual projectile that can catch people off guard and gimp them if you're above them.

Honestly the distance difference between the two is really not that big, tried both in training, according to whatever the stage mesure unit is, you reach 9.5 (top of your head) with lunar reach, 8.2 with Arm Thruster. So even though it's better, it's not like you're going from Inkling up b to Simon up B.
On the other hand, arm thruster allow you to recover horizontally or in diagonal if you need too, you can even change trajectory mid flight, while lunar launch is basically a straight line (the best you can do is like a 5° angle).

Submit to the darkness of Captain Olimar.

>Ike is finally good, even great
>rob is in the top fucking 20
>dedede is actually used

I like this, outside shit like Y.Link(but not toon?) and pichu.

Attached: the big iron.jpg (522x522, 110K)

is this inaccurate? i destroy the first 5 with sonic literally every time.

You're playing with children, these are from actual tournaments with good players.

if its from tournaments, then why does any of this matter?

the list is tournament results. Why play shulk when you can go braindead with lucina and get the same results?

Because it shows how viable the characters are

Because the more a character succeeds in tournament the more likely people are going to use them at lower levels of play. They're also the ones affected most by balance patches, dumbass.

but sonic is more viable than all of them

no thats wrong retard

Get first in a few tournaments with Sonic and maybe you won't sound so inbred.

call me when someone who plays sonic enters and beats them all, you dumb faggot.

They're looking at online for balance dotard

That won't happen because Sonic is nowhere near the top tiers which is proven by the months of tournament results that show Sonic is like a mid tier or whatever now. Just because you can slap 14 year olds on QP with Sonic doesn't mean he's a top tier.
Characters that do well in tournaments will become more common online, unless you're telling me you've never run into a Lucina before?

i can beat you with sonic as well.

give me your FC and i'll go fast on your ass with my Wolf

Just make a public arena, no need for FCs.

you're not the same guy i was talking to. i beat wolfs all the time im bored of them

>it's a "post your fightcade id" post then the guy never responds episode

Yikes

>He thinks people here actually play smash let alone a videogame

I like that Wolf and Fox are taking their rivalry to a new level.

Attached: Bootey.webm (960x536, 2.58M)

Wolf is braindead