If there was quick-switching between the styles, would it have been the greatest game ever?

If there was quick-switching between the styles, would it have been the greatest game ever?

Attached: file.png (616x353, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_PLtbebEUxE&t=25s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Arkham and Leviathan would still exist so no.

There is a mod that allows you to do so and it makes the game much more easier

no

It still has a bunch of annoying enemies that are a chore to fight.

Half the enemies and a quarter of the bosses are awful

DMC3 is legitimately the most overrated action game I've ever played. NONE of the lesser enemy types are fun to fight, and some of them like the chess pieces are downright awful. There are a handful of good boss fights but there are just as many terrible ones and the rest are mediocre. Its really just not that good of a game.

Unironically this, not gonna go as far as say it's overrated because it is a really good game still, but right now only thing that DMC3 has over DMC5 is the level design, everything else was blown out of the water by 5

The best thing about DMC3 is how amazing Dante is to control. The story is also decent. The actual content is a mixed bag. I legitimately think DMC4 is better gameplay-wise, and DMC5 totally ironed out 4's issues and made it essentially perfect.

DMC3 is still worth playing (as are 1 and 4) but it's been outdone.

DMC5 has better level design than 3. Way more secrets, optional fights, and the shitty anti-fun gimmicks are kept to a minimum.

Keep in mind level design is different from environmental aesthetic.

Ah yea that is what i meant then, enviromental aesthetic, i can agree the level design was better in 5 then, it was even neat that as an extra your characters would say an extra voice line if you found a secret route

>It's overrated now because the newer installment is better now
Wew

DMC 3 REmake soon

You wouldn't believe the ammount of people who still say DMC3 is better than 5, guess nostalgia googles are strong on that

Never mentioned anything about 5 in my post.

No, because the game isn’t designed around it. The mod looks cool, but makes it a cake walk.

Should I do 4 before 5? Side note, I love DMC 1 and always thought DMC 3 was mediocre compared to it with the only interesting new mechanic being the style system and improved rating system.

It's still got some really bad bosses like Gigapede, Leviathan, and Arkham.

4 is worse than 3 so just go straight to 5

It still wouldn't be as good as DMC1.

Fuck it then, can I at least get a summary of DMC 4?

Cowboy man kills pope then meets his nephew that has a demon hand that restores yamato and gives him a stand

Nero is gay and angry because he grew up in a cult that worships his grandfather. Dante is CA-RA-ZEE and Nero learns to be less gay. Also he gets to bang waifu of the year.

The levels are shit.

Vergil knocked up a chick in the city of DMC4 a year before the events of DMC3, 19 years later we start DMC4, Nero (who gives heavy hints of being Vergil's son but never explicity confirmed) is part of the Order of the Sword, a cult like group that prays to Sparda as a god, but in reality behind the curtains, the pope and a turbo autist named Agnus (important character for 5) are using demonic power to try to take over the world. Dante arrives, shoots the pope in the face and literally does jackshit because he meets Nero and is just trying to get him to "grow".

They kidnap Nero's chick, he screams a bit, gets kidnapped too, Dante get's off his ass for a while, wakes up Nero, he saves the day and crushes the pope head between his hand.

There is a summary of it in DMC 5 if you want

5 has a convenient history of DMC thing you can watch to bring you up to speed but the general story is a religion is formed around Sparta cause hes a cool guy. Then things go bad because the people want to be like Sparta. Dante kills the pope and has a fun time doing it, Nero is also there but nobody cares except Kyrie.

Which style was the most fun?

err Sparda

Is Vergil know that Dante used Yamato when Nero was trapped inside the pope?

Possibly, i read somewhere that he knows what happened in Fortuna, that's why he knows Yamato is in Nero's hand.

If the game was balanced around it then maybe. But then some of the poor bosses and enemies would still exist so it would still be a 9, maybe 9.5.

Gunslinger
Don't fucking (you) me

No. Give it a camera that isn't pure aids and I could consider to be a good game.
As it stands, it was an absolute chore to play. 90% of the challenge is fighting against the camera.

I really liked shooting a downed enemy and kicking them away. Took me forever to find out I even had that move. I would have loved if Gunslinger (and Swordmaster) allowed a third devil arm of its respective style.

I fucking love Gunslinger because it looks awesome. You can’t tell me that Twosome Time doesn’t look stylish as fuck. Plus, I feel like it got a buff in 5, but that could just be me.

>only thing that DMC3 has over DMC5 is the level design

Don't forget story and music

Attached: 214125125.png (425x425, 190K)

DMC3 has more annoying enemies than 4. I don't know how so many don't see it. But yeah it probably would have been the greatest hack and slash game ever at least.

but also much more fun

No

>the level design
No, fuck DMC3's (((that part))) levels, really fucking annoying and the garbage meme enemies doesn't help
I love DMC3 and it's a fantastic game, but that's almost exclusively due to the bosses. DMC5's levels may be a bit too simplistic but they're still a hell of a lot better than DMC3's total bullshit sections

Just play the game. It's worth it.

It is the greatest game ever. with or without style switching.

youtube.com/watch?v=_PLtbebEUxE&t=25s

Attached: file.png (626x629, 603K)

Based Chadslinger

>only thing that DMC3 has over DMC5 is the level design
It also has crazy combos and cool moves which were expunged in later entries like Wildstomp.

>mash the button REALLY hard
Fuck them honestly

Play 4 last because it's the best one.

No because it still has a number of shit bosses, enemies and levels

no, as someone who just replayed it literally 2 days ago, it has way too many bullshit unfun enemies and bosses

>flying centipede boss
>chess fight
>leviathan boss
>entire last 1/4 of the game is horrible
>arkham boss, while thematically fitting, isnt a good boss fight what so ever

But 1 is better

Attached: 1541994474520.gif (364x339, 768K)

I'm glad people are finally coming around to 3 not being this incredible game. A few months ago I got people jumping down my dick whenever I tried to criticise it.

I'd include story, but honestly this. DMC3 only looks better than it actually is when compared to DMC4, otherwise the enemy encounters save for Vergil are flat out AWFUL.

4 ain't that good but it's still worth a play just to see what Nero's about. I guess you could also read the wiki as well but it's not that long.

This.

I have no fucking clue what people are smoking with DMC3's backtrack ridden levels mixed with barebones puzzles.

Even KH2FM is a far more well-rounded action game than DMC3 is.

If you have a higher style rank you don't have to mash as hard and the combos last longer, they're good.

I don't give a shit about KH

I agree mostly with the exception of the retarded shit you have to do with Nightmare to get some of the secrets.

You're not smooth retard

Attached: 1460005307625.jpg (294x297, 29K)

Right. I forgot about this (and you could buffer as well) but DMC is about instantly choosing the exact move you want/need so I never felt good about the crazy moves

I share the same opinion and I've enjoyed 4. Just play it my guy.

prove it