Name 1(one) Japanese game that's as well or better written

Name 1(one) Japanese game that's as well or better written

Attached: morgan.png (1526x935, 1.54M)

ff6 u fag

You're asking the wrong questions. The story detracted from the actual environments. It felt like everything was made to revolve around the story, rather than made to allow me to be an anyman character. Skyrim unironically did open world better for that reason.

Ape Escape

SMT Nocturne

Arthur's a big guy

thread is fucking over

Attached: 1551970625800.jpg (478x478, 46K)

Any Mario game

Yakuza

>Text shit with Garbo 1/2 bit graphics
>Conveyed a good story

>graphics make the story better

Attached: 12936712412.png (431x450, 328K)

>being this much of a child

Attached: 1548055814772.jpg (706x767, 354K)

None

But skyrim is more rpg than rdr2, right? Rockstar games are more narrative driven with open world almost as a side dish to main course.

>rdr2
>well written

Why do retards think ludonarrative dissonance simulators have good writing? Is it because they have the HBO show aesthetic that everyone loves?

You are a massive faggot if you think RDR2 was "well written." It was mediocre at best in virtually every aspect, narrative included.

Solid bait

bing bing wahoo 3

Fucking whitties hate their own county and race. Pathetic desu

How can this even be considered well written? Most of the story is the gang getting into ridiculous situations over and over and most of them don’t even affect the overall plot. You could get rid of the story in chapter 3 4 and 5 and hardly anything would change. Not to mention and overly focused and wonky subplot with the Indians in chapter 6. It’s actually very mediocre story writing. Thematically the game is all over the place

Name me a game you think is better written.

God of War

Cringe and plebbit taste. Could have been written by the same shitty Naughty Dog writers and no one would have known the difference.

Disgusting

Quints have spoken, Ape Escape is infallibly well written

Has there been any game with an amazing story? Does that even exist?

Based Ape Escape poster, checked.

Increadibly based.

Attached: 4B44C0F0-C2A9-4B6D-8D57-34BF2D29DD2A.jpg (672x676, 33K)

Seething

Based

Attached: check em.jpg (500x500, 89K)

FFIX
MGS3
Nier
FF Tactics
Shadow of Colossus

MGS3 is the only one that hangs with it desu. All others are too nerdy

All of those are way better than Endless Exposition and Filler: The Game.

Many many games. RDR2 is one of the worst written narrative focused games I’ve played. The story is extremely uneven, unfocused and all over the place. It is amateur.

Exactly. It reminds me of FF13 in how much it wastes your time on useless drama. Housers think they're some Francis Ford Coppola shit.

Ah look at all the children running in here letting their bias against a dev cloud their judgement against a well written narrative.

For a game that’s supposed to be so amazingly well written, it seems to have nothing to say at all about the world we live in.

It’s not a well written narrative considered whole chapters of the story could be gotten rid of and would have virtually no effect on the overall plot. It’s a prime example of a poorly written narrative.

Still waiting on what game you think is better written.

>FFIX
No, not even worth discussing. 6 is the only debatable one.
>MGS3
An honest challenger. Love both games story and characters
>Nier
Ehh not bad but if you're not into anime and specific aesthetics you're going to have a hard time stomaching it. It's not a very inviting narrative and it owes its inspiration and existence to another Rockstar game (GTAIV) according to it's director
>FF Tactics
Like fucking how? That's straight up a game that only had good gameplay that made it relevant.
>Shadow of the Colossus
Has great world building but the MC is forgettable with no personality and generic overarching plot passed down through many fairy tales

Fuck you, cockgobbler. I am a western FAN and was hype as fuck for this game. It was poorly made by people who are past their prime.

The game was made by literal communists and it has leftist/egalitarian messages throughout. You're the cuck here.

>was hype as fuck for this game. It was poorly made by people who are past their prime.

Sounds like you've allowed something between 2010-2018 to cloud your judgement of what you thinks "Quality" in the a game. Let us know what game or (games) that was.

>The game was made by literal communists and it has leftist/egalitarian messages throughout
Why lie? Like why?

>No, not even worth discussing. 6 is the only debatable one.

>FF6
>well-written

Attached: 19129219831.jpg (2000x1602, 770K)

/pol/ likes to lie

HOLY FUCK based

Attached: 1535331284071.jpg (187x269, 8K)

>anti-racist signalling
>anti-rich signalling
>anti industrial revolution signalling
>pro-feminist signalling
Yeah, I'm the liar here. Not you gaslighting fags.

Literally any of them. This game tried to hard to be an epic western classic and it just ended up being cringe

Super Mario Bros 2

A narrative where most events are meaningless, most characters are one-dimensional, relies almost universally on trite cliches, and Arthur is pre-written to be a goody toe-shoes, totally negating player input. A clunky-ass EVERYTHING system, very little in the way of actual content that isn't spending 20 minutes staring at a horse's ass as you flit from one outmoded shooting gallery mission to the next. It's bad, and you have bad taste.

Jesus Christ the bias is rampant in here

How in the fuck could one like the original game and then use this shit as complaints about 2? All these things we're in the original. You have bias issues and you need to sort them out.

Because the original came out nearly a decade ago, so its mission design wasn't as trite. You do have to grade on a historical curve. Also the inter-mission traveling wasn't as bad. Also the story is just better. But yes, RDR1 is terrible now compared to when it released, yet is still better than 2 on its own merits. Add to that that 2 came out in 2019, and there you go.

>Cheaters introduced, then dropped, then picked up and rushed to resolution leaving them underdeveloped. Javier and Bill cross over for literally no reason.
>Story stalls in Chapter 3 and never recovers. Chapter 4 and 5 are just the same scenes repeating.
>Nothing ties into the first game in actuality, so they tacked on this John epilogue that is so long that it makes you question what was the purpose of Arthur at all - there's no need to present the story from anyone's perspective other than John's.

It was a very well produced game, but it really is too overblown and has very noticeable problems with its story and pacing.

>But yes, RDR1 is terrible now compared to when it released, yet is still better than 2 on its own merits. Add to that that 2 came out in 2019, and there you go.
Not him but 1 & 2 are still (will continue to be) considered some of the greatest game ever made. Microsoft and Sony literally sale their gaming streaming services by advertising that RDR1 can be played on PS4 and Xbox One through them. Still a huge demand to play it over even new game released this gen. Bloodborne had been offered 3 times for free on PlayStation plus because no one fucking wants it. RDR1 has never been free on either platform unless you already owned it on the 360 because fucking 9 years later there's a demand for it still

>ludonarrative dissonance
Is there a more autistic complaint?

>but the MC is forgettable with no personality
Imagine missing the point this hard

there are none, but RDR2 doesnt even have good writing funny enough

No Rockstar has good writing, they've even made fun of their own storytelling in their games, specifically how its just do a bunch of oddjobs for a guy till he does something to piss you off and then kill him and repeat with the next guy.

We love katamari

Hong Kong 97

No we don't

All of them

>villain's only motive is that he just fucking hates this world and the human worms feasting on it's carcass
no

Attached: 1544564049099.jpg (228x210, 6K)

Take a random japanese game and it'll be better written than any Rockstar trash.

Some many racist white boys in hate that their own country and writers and like Nips who probably hate them

Based and Apepilled.

The entire Metal Gear Solid series.

I love the series to death but no, they are the dumbest schlock imaginable.

>mfw i did the first two missions and haven't played since
>m-muh writing

game is boring as fuck. rockstar is garbage. ps4 is garbage.

What do you play?

Yakuza 5

Why is that relevant to discussing RDR2?

BASED ESCAPE

Attached: __sayaka_saru_getchu_drawn_by_om_nk2007__376501d8b1271ea5efd75bf98d986027.jpg (600x800, 71K)

>75 posts and no one has posted an honest reply
I know, I can't come up with a game either. I was going to say the first Nier but the writing for the side-quests isn't very good.

>P-please don't criticize m-my taste!

I hope you mean the PS2 GoW
Otherwise just delete your computer and be ashamed

i cant

Too many to list, honestly. Even Gust's waifu jrpgs have better writing than Rockstar.
>b-but they say profanity that means it's epik and mature for mature people like myself
That's cute, Jimmy. Now go do your homework.

Earthbound

Yikes bro. More like

>p-please don't criticize my cowboy game
>i-i need to put a face to that post! he can't get away with this!

RDR has almost zero cursing. DMC makes it look like Animal Crossing.

The 1 (one) thing RDR2 absolutely nailed was the few moments where you actually behave like an outlaw. Breaking jaws to recover debt, robbing banks. The animalistic evil that Arthur conveys is haunting. Everything else is mediocre. And that kino content makes up about 30 minutes of your 200 hour playtime.

It really isn't anything special. Not that it's bad. It just gets more praise than deserved for being the only wild west game around. Same reason Mass Effect got such high praise before it shat itself. It was the only space epic around.

Actually it gets praised because rockstars the only developer that can pump in this kind of production values into a game

I was speaking about the narrative only.

>play as some slow fat piece of shit that's controls aim for them who later dies of TB cause he's a fucking retard
>good writing

lmao

Attached: AND GAYMEN.jpg (444x402, 63K)

>play as some slow fat piece of shit
>Arthur any of thiay

He's killed people for calling him less

super monkey ball

SLOW
FAT
PIECE
OF
SHIT

Attached: 1549650486957.png (701x670, 605K)

Persona 5

Attached: 1548277564767.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

>School shit
>Evil adults

Are you 15-17 perhaps?

Attached: 1536170018619.jpg (179x170, 6K)

> implying stories may only be enjoyed by people who are in the exact same life circumstances as the characters
go out into your yard and eat a bullet you fucking mongoloid

Holy shit what a sweet ass haircut

SH2

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Attached: neptune_1___megadimension_neptunia_vii_by_thegothamguardian-dap6hxu.png (640x616, 403K)

Killer 7
No More Heroes

All of them, RDR2 is complete shit that people only consider good (Storywise) because of the pretty graphics & excessive amount of cutscenes

Ape Escape > Sony's shitty moviegames

Attached: 32b7215ecf30b8fb34d2846740e4434ee0d3a6b6.jpg (768x1024, 295K)

charles barkley shut up and jam:gaiden