He killed millions and got away scot free. How could you still like him after this?

He killed millions and got away scot free. How could you still like him after this?

Attached: FEEC140A-3006-4B6B-850B-ADBABF77B889.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/zn0iCoC
youtube.com/watch?v=comV8W-N5Z4
youtube.com/watch?v=ms4p2uJJxRk
youtu.be/XmLHqr7sqFw?t=9m55s
youtu.be/ySY5YMoBp7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I killed millions using him in UMvC3, I'm pretty used to it.

Yeah.. sorry.

Why the fuck is this such an issue now when he did the same exact shit in 3? Like seriously who even fucking cares?

Attached: 1479240635372.gif (320x240, 3.73M)

Cause he's cool

Attached: 1552532586593.png (376x438, 265K)

he didn't make the tree you know

This whole game was pretty much Virgil's cry for help, and him just wanting to hangout with with his younger brother again.

>This whole game was pretty much Virgil's cry for help, and him just wanting POWER
Fix'd.

First for Vergil acknowledging his humanity and bashfully admitting he was in the throws of passion with a rando Fortuna woman.

He's cool

>How could you still like him after this?
Because he got away with everything duh.

Urizen didn't set the Qliphoth loose, that was something that happens naturally every 1000 years. He just took advantage of it sprouting to try and become the demon king by eating its fruit.

In 3 he was in complete control of his actions, so it was even worse.

But he got trapped in hell for a while, so maybe he served his time? He got sent back this time too

Who did he kill in 3?

>that was something that happens naturally every 1000 years.
Citation needed.

You think he evacuated the city before erecting the tower? Everyone that was there died

False. The tree was coming anyway. It happens every 1000 years. All Urizen did was sit and wait for the fruit. Virgil/V/Urizen didn't cause the tree, they merely capatalised on it's inevitble calamity. This is written in game.

He's right it's in the game. Have you not played it?

So when Vergil shows up and takes Yamato at the beginning, he says he's running out of time. Time for what? Was his corrupted body dying?

Also why did he wait that long to take Yamato back? It's been at least 10 years since DMC2, 5 since DMC4 etc.

>see your mother die while at the same time thinking that she chose to protect your brother over you
>spend years trying to gain power to compensate for your insecurities and fears of being powerless again only to lose at the last minute to your brother who was barely even trying for most of his life
>challenge the demon who killed your mother only to lose and become his slave for who knows how many years, then be forced to fight your brother in a mentally tormented and corrupt form only to lose AGAIN and be reduced to a pathetic cripple
>get a final chance to turn your life around and make good on your ambitions via a tree that was already coming anyway
>"waaaa a few people died what an evil monster >>>:((("

A: Pretty sure the tower wasn't his fault. B: temenigru was his fault too. Being cool exempts you from consequences.

I mean, he went to hell and came back. What do you even do to him after that?

First of all, you guys are idiots. Arkham did it, not Vergil. Secondly, if there's no confirmed deaths then nobody died.

Vergil didn't raise the tree you know. Also Dante doesn't give a shit and Nero doesn't seem to either, who cares.

Who is going to punish him?

I wonder how many people died during that Shakespeare scene in 4

>you guys are idiots

We are talking about the tree, not the tower from DMC3. You are the idiot.

>Secondly, if there's no confirmed deaths then nobody died.
So that's the mind of retarded Vergilfag, Dante going to the tower has blood splatters on the club and by checking on it makes Dante wonder what kind of horrific deaths unfolded there. The tower killed people and the demons that came out killed more for good measure.

>Vergil didn't raise the tree you know.
His part did, the half that was born from his actions, only an apologist would see anyone in this scenario as exempt of guilt, for fuck's sake even his other half says Vergil is not blameless.

>um excuse me I only killed a couple people because of my god complex, no need to overreact, looks like you have some growing up to do
the absolute state of vergiltards

Virgil was complicit in the those deaths

what's his fucking problem anyway

Never said he's not blameless, since only his human half tried to stop the Qliphoth, and Nero slaying Urizen early in the game causes everyone to get a golden ending, since there's nothing stopping them now from burning the tree and saving the world. But saying Vergil is responsible for a cyclical natural disaster is not accurate. He took advantage of it and did not stop it, but he did not cause it.

Pretty sure the game implies the tree rises every 1k years regardless.

Mommy issues and sibling envy butthurt taken to its extreme.

Attached: 1056749767897.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

Back to Yea Forums

>Arkham did it, not Vergil.
Vergil wanted a portal to reach Sparda's power you numbnuts, Arkham gave him what he wanted and Vergil was all for it.

Anyone got the "Yeah, sorry" Naruto edit?

ill post where i want fag

Attached: 10945825596.jpg (1366x768, 125K)

Millions of whites, or...?

>How could you still like him after this?
>aging boomer deadbeat dad who still dresses like he's 19 while wielding a katana and can flash step, split reality in two and can fly like a plane
>also already did this the first time while 100% in control of himself

Attached: 1552140063209.jpg (636x564, 43K)

It's not-london with an american sounding cast so make your own conclusion

Attached: Capture.png (1268x712, 556K)

Kys anime cuck

The game does not imply this. The only source this comes from is the prequel novel/anime outside the game. Don't pretend like yall caught that in game and didn't just read that shit on Yea Forums.

Also, I'll tell you what IS spelled out in game. That vergil used Yamato to bring the blooming Qlipoth into the human world, therefore still being directly responsible for a major catastrophe and thousands of deaths.

>He killed millions

That's why

He killed millions, to save billions.

Attached: Hitler.jpg (1087x1442, 52K)

Why didn't vergil just steal rebellion so he can have 2/3rds of sparda's power instead of trusting a human race traitor in unsealing the shit that his dad stopped for a good reason

came here to post this. at least vergil kinda helps to undo his bad anyway. Sasuke fucked it up, then just got away. him travelling around the world was his own idea of cleansing his sins
>Uploading files from your IP range has been blocked due to abuse. [More Info]
Oh well
imgur.com/a/zn0iCoC

mommy issues

I got you

Attached: 1552220682160.jpg (300x621, 27K)

Meh oh well. I didn't care when he summoned temenigru either. If you're cool it doesn't matter what your bodycount is.

and probably some daddy issues too

Arkam told him about the ritual, Vergil actually went and did it the madman.

Attached: 1512898326159.jpg (600x1241, 44K)

>If you're cool
>is a poetry reading dork now
That ain't cool

Attached: 1552396731900.png (1419x1080, 821K)

To save billions

I also don't care, in fact I'm fine with Virgin being a straight villain. It's jarring though how the plot seems to treat Vergil as redeemed or forgiven by the end for basically no reason.

Thanks buddy.

it wasnt him technically.

it was his alter ego that literally had no recollection of his past life ergo it was a entirely new person.

He wanted all of Sparda's power, Vergil was self-absorbed and greedy.

Urizen remembers Dante when he says jackpot in their first fight

I never liked this autistic fuck though. He was always a retarded edgelord who somehow got away with everything despite the shit every other edgelord gets.

He didn't, Vergil lost the sword when he got fucked by Mundus's goons and broke his folded-100-times katana. The pope got the shattered sword when the Order's devil hunters found it while killing demons somewhere.

>"Haha Vergil killed billions haha"
>Vergil was literally not responsible for the things Urizen did and infact tried to stop Urizen from killing
Brainlets are really the bane of this boards existence

Attached: 980518741fc00911c83da20dfd2aad81.jpg (889x881, 161K)

It was him technically, it literally went on to do what Vergil wanted all along: get more power, and when Urizen eats the fruit he fully recalls his beef against Dante so not all memories were erased.

He remembers nothing about Dante, or their history, just the feeling that this is the guy who he has to get the power to beat.

>The Kirari's tower gamble game is actually being animated
Time to catch up on this season

Vergilfags sure do love being denial, V spelling word for word that Vergil is to blame just goes over the heads of your kind.

Yeah okay a weakened Vergil just "stealing" Rebellion from a fully powered Dante, are you retarded?

To be fair aside from killing a political leader, Sasuke didn't really do much to fuck over society. Meanwhile Orochimaru and Kabuto got away scot-free despite both almost ended the shinobi world with their edo tensei bullshit.

Attached: Fr1bYnC.jpg (400x300, 34K)

Wrong, he remembers at least a little bit. He created the illusion of their childhood home before getting the fruit, and I believe his dialogue during that fight implies that he does remember more than he admits.

Didn't vergil intentionally create Urizen though? I mean what did he think would happen

also if you're gonna give credit to vergil for his actions as v, you have to hold vergil accountable for his actions as Urizen as well

Not as bad as Vegeta or Frieza who unironically killed billions by conquering, destroying planets and commiting genocide.

Well he wasn't powered until he stabbed him in the chest

So who was Malphas working for again? I didn't quite put two and two together. Did she work for Urizen? If so, how did that relationship come about, since Urizen only existed for about a month prior to the start of the game.

She was probably jumping for the chance and planning on backstabbing him as soon as possible. Demons are opportunistic.

Probably, especially since Urizen has zero reputation or renown in the underworld, being that he was only born like a month ago.

I know that Microsoft paid for a lot of marketing for this game, but making Vergil look like Phil Spencer is just too much...

Attached: phil spencer.jpg (1200x800, 438K)

When he said that he was running out of time, was that because he was dying or because the tree was coming? If it was the latter then it's hard to deny that recombining was his plan all along, although I got the impression that V wasn't planning that and only did it because he was sort of seduced by the slight bit of demon power left in him when he met up with Urizen again.

Attached: 1552608345603.jpg (960x482, 95K)

He was dying. But I think he also wanted to reunite with Urizen to be whole again.

It literally exiles him to hell though. And Dante is basically his "jailer" slash fightbuddy.

Oh yeah, that's true as well. I think V was legitimately a good guy though and had no ill intent to begin with.

The tree was going to happen anyway, he took advantage of it, and by he I mean Urizen. The out of control part of Vergil he was willing to die multiple times to stop. When he resurrected he also didn't want to fight his brother but was willing to die to him should it have come to that. He wasn't at fault, but was willing to take responsibility for it anyway in either form.

I'm not sure about the tower in 3, I've heard the manga retcons it into Arkham raising it and offering Vergil the power within if he protected him.

Much like how V was dying, Vergil himself was at the end of his rope. He was likely dying of a combination of Mundus AIDS, demonic corruption, and wounds he sustained in his battle with Dante. He might not have been able to come get Yamato back until then. Dante was stuck in Hell until a portal randomly opened for him to get out around the time of DMC2, so the same was likely to have happened to Vergil. Vergil has it worse than Dante since he was a shambling husk that had to track down the Yamato on foot. Shit takes time.

>Vergil was too motivated to die
>Terra was too angry to die
>Barry is too brainlet to die

Barry a shit, XV a shit.

Attached: 1541250666250.png (680x420, 114K)

It doesn't treat him as redeemed at all though. He gets his shit kicked and has to go to Hell to fix his mess. They never act like he was blameless, there was just no time to get more butthurt over his actions. The whole final act of the game spans a few hours.

V is literally Vergil without the lust for power and his human side, while Urizen is his lust for power and demonic side. V wanted to help the people and stop the Quliphoth which would have killed more. Vergil in the end even said that he could have been Dante if he was saved from Eva

Attached: img-marie.png (937x2000, 401K)

>That vergil used Yamato to bring the blooming Qlipoth into the human world, therefore still being directly responsible for a major catastrophe and thousands of deaths.
Urizen did that, not Vergil, when he split, V realized what he actually did and what he was going to do and freaked the fuck out. First thing he did as soon as he was able was run to Dante to help him unfuck his mess, I can't blame him for anything in DMCV, DMC3 is a different story.

That month was enough for him to kick the shit out of a lot of demons most likely.

Well it looks like them Sparda boys got themselves into a whole hell of a mess.

He knwos Dante, but doesn't know why he knows, when Dante talks to him like he's Vergil Urizen has no clue what he's talking about.

Twice. Based Vergil keeping human shcum in check.

He cute.

Attached: 1542852229567.jpg (368x346, 73K)

>Didn't vergil intentionally create Urizen though? I mean what did he think would happen
No he didn't, he was dying of MundusAIDS and just wanted to beat his brother. So he does a thing to seperate himself from his human half, and then realizes he fucked up bad.

>big ass portal enabling the tree to reach human's realm
>it just popped out guys I dindu nuffin I swear

>what did he think would happen
He would not die right away? It was a life or death situation

>No he didn't
Yes he did, Vergil wanted to be full demon and get rid of humanity as he percieved as being his weakness. What happened is that his human part had a catharsis realizing he was wrong about it.

Beoming a mid puppet to your father arch nemesis is a good punishment

I don't think he realized his demon half would grow a fucking tree of might out of redgrave and fuck up the UK worse than it already is. He didn't think beyond, "am dying, must leave humanity behind"

Is stated in the novel that the Qliphoth tree spawns once every 2000 years (or 10000 or some shit), Urizen/Vergil didn't cause this, he just took advantage of it, some other oportunistic demons were also trying to take advantage of it, if Vergil hand't been there other demon would've and people would've died anyway

Attached: 1552497015495.png (974x737, 631K)

>I don't think he realized his demon half would grow a fucking tree of might out of redgrave and fuck up the UK worse than it already is.
You mean the exact same thing he did in DMC3, but worse?

He's got a samurai sword
So he's okay in my book

Attached: Go_All_Out.jpg (750x815, 138K)

read the fucking thread

>Urizen/Vergil didn't cause this, he just took advantage of it, some other oportunistic demons were also trying to take advantage of it, if Vergil hand't been there other demon would've and people would've died anyway
The difference is other demons wouldn't get away with it, which they didn't, every other demon got killed.

Yeah, he didn't realize he was going to do shit, he just split himself in two. Urizen was like "nigga I'm finna build a blood tree" I'd count it as Vergil's fault if he actually had any concrete recollection of being Vergil as Urizen, but he didn't, he also was willing to die to stop himself.

I mean, technically Urizen did die.

> Also, I'll tell you what IS spelled out in game. That vergil used Yamato to bring the blooming Qlipoth into the human world, therefore still being directly responsible for a major catastrophe and thousands of deaths.

I don't remember this, when was it stated that Vergil used Yamato to bring that shit to the human world?

V literally says that there is no demon named Urizen and that his name is Vergil. That he himself is Vergil's severed humanity, and that only after the fact was he able to realize how much he had lost in his lust for power. Urizen and V are both Vergil, not separate entities completely. When they remerge it doesn't absolve Vergil of Urizen's sins, nor does V being a nice guy who realizes how wrong he was make Vergil automatically accept that part of himself.

Attached: NUDISTO BEACH.jpg (1920x1080, 608K)

>Dantes twin brother
>looks nothing like Dante

Attached: 1552486720425m.jpg (1024x962, 114K)

Capcom just posted this Devil May Cry video, for anyone that is interested in this stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=comV8W-N5Z4

underated post

So any reason why Nero didn't try to find a replacement devil arm?
Figured after Yamato was stolen he'd realize devil arms make decent crutches in terms of power.
He could have brought Alastor or Agni and Rudra back or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=ms4p2uJJxRk
>18:10

>Nico: Solider boy said city's gone to hell and back. Taken over by the underworld. Not just here, but everywhere.
>Nero: Yamato did this.
>flashback to Vergil stealing yamato

Doesn't get much clearer than that. There's also the whole established about Yamato, you know, creating portals between the human/demon world.

Sounds like the tree naturally grows every 1000 years but hasn't been able to get into the human world since Sparda sealed it/mundus ate last until Vergil became Urizen and created a portal

if im not mistaken only Dante uses devil arms i.e., devils transformed into weapons. But i can't remember why

Red queen, blue rose aren't devil arms. Dunno what nero could do with Alastor/A&R

That doesn't matter as much as I think they said at some point it hasn't grown since Mundus's time and that it stopped coming back when Sparda sealed the worlds. But still, Urizen did that without V knowing that was the plan till after.

How retarded are you? Inspect some of the city portions as Dante and he'll talk about all of the people who must have been in the city when Temen-Ni-Gru erected.

Vergil is cool but some of his autistic apologist fans are the WORST. They don't even understand his story, but they pretend they do and shit out walls of text with their autism headcanon. Just write a fanfic instead, because that sure as hell ain't character analysis.

And yes I'm talking to you apologist Vergilfujo, I know you're in here.

>bashfully
>teehee my Vergil is just such a soft, shy boy who did nothing wrong!

fuck off fujo

Looks exactly like Dante without the facial hair. It's apparent when you swap their hairstyles.

>no one cares so you shouldn't either

That's exactly why people are complaining you brainlet, because it's weird that they don't care.

>Vergilfujo

I did not want to become aware of that person's existence

I only want to dispel this idea thats been going around:

That the Qlipoth is a naturally occurring incident and that Vergil/Urizen are innocent of any wrong doing regarding it. Urizen DID bring the Qlipoth into the human world - THAT is not a naturally occurring incident.

This is all about whether Vergil is guilty of any wrongdoing. The question simply becomes here: does Urizen = Vergil?

The Qilpoth being in the human world is NOT a natural event and does NOT absolve Vergil/Urizen of guilt.

I do kind of want to show the scenes to someone and see if they can tell it's a game or not. But it's a shame that most of the context for between scenes is gameplay. So can't even just watch the cutscenes like they are a movie. Would have to splice at least a little bit of gameplay in between.

>not saying he's blameless
>but let me reach and look for any reason to absolve him of any blame anyway

If you weren't looking to absolve Vergil of anything, you wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place autist. At least be honest.

Vegeta canonically got fucked in the afterlife though. Same with Frieza, who spent years in hell.

Just throwing out old weapons.
While Yamato had a special connection to him, I'd think finding another devil arm could have been an asset he might have looked into.
As he had a month of preparation between getting rebellion breaking and his return to redgrave.

If Urizen isn't Vergil, then neither is V. Keep reaching delusionwhale.

If you were a nigh-invincible demigod, would you answer to anyone? Would you care about human lives? Do you now?

Considering that he blew the fuck out of dante with no effort until he went sin mode, i can only imagine how utterly fucking destroyed other demons were.

Mmm that sounds to me more like something Nero said than the absolute truth, but ok

Vergil is about as responsible for the actions of Urizen and V as a parent would be responsible for their children.

Because he's the best boss fight of all time. Beating SoS Vergil with perfect RoyalGuard execution is my favorite videogame boss kill ever.

He's not. That's why he's in Hell. Vergilautists will ignore this and pretend the story actually did absolve him of anything though.

his reason did, not Vergeben

>What happened is that his human part had a catharsis realizing he was wrong about it.

It would have been so much better if the game showed that process of understanding happening to V. I wanted to see what it was that made him realize his way of hungering for power was wrong, but we didn't see any of that.

I don't know. Maybe he saw a kid getting killed by a mafia man who used his power to abuse society or something. Capcom should have shown us this.

Since my last post i remembered - I THINK I've read that the Devil Arms Dante uses are powered by funnelling demonic energy into them. Does Nero have any demonic energy to make them work without the devil bringer?

kino

Attached: 1552177946775.jpg (1821x1857, 186K)

Urizen is just as much of Vergil as V is, so by your own dumb fujo logic V is an entirely new person too and his actions and words can't be attributed to Vergil either.

>The Qilpoth being in the human world is NOT a natural event and does NOT absolve Vergil/Urizen of guilt.
It WAS, but it couldn't be done again until somebody let it out of the demon world. Urizen did it.
>The question simply becomes here: does Urizen = Vergil?
I'd say he clearly isn't, he's got no memory of anything, not of Dante, not of the family home, not of Sparda, just of power. It's like if you separated Goku's fight lust and hunger into a separate character with no moral compass, recollection of where he came from, and no goals outside of fighting stronger opponents. V's the only one who expressed any sort of recollection of who he was, or what he did.

>would grow a fucking tree of might out of redgrave
Urizen didn't do that. The tree was going to grow anyway since it does that every 1,000 years.

>Vergil is not responsible for what Urizen did
>but he is responsible for the things V said and did!

Retarded fujo logic.

See The Qlipoth tree does not grow in the human world, that is Urizen's doing using the power of the Yamato.

>Urizen is just as much of Vergil as V is
He really isn't, the only thing he has in common with Vergil is lust for power.

It's moreso in the presentation of the character. Dante/Nero and crew start treating him like a friend quipping with him and shit. Rather than a bloodthirsty, dangerous, threat who nearly ended the world. Basically he isn't written like a villain anymore.

Wow, posts like this make it really obvious the entire story completely flew over you fucking head.

He did, but he just thought that he would go and fight Dante right after. He didn't think about the fact that without his feelings and memories, that his power obsessed psychosis would just go and try to become demon king and not even care about fighting Dante for the most part.

It does mean though, that as Vergil was before, he probably would have done much the same. His humanity never really held him back before because his obsession with power was just too great. It's much more curbed now though, mostly because the guy realized why he even wanted in in the first place and he's not in danger of losing the rest of his family. The greedy need for power for the sake of it seems to have finally come to an end for Vergil.

What Vergil needs is a DLC where he stops some equally awful shit from happening with the human world.
He is not completely accountable for Urizen's actions and as a V he did try his hardest to stop everything but he need to atone for the fact he decided to split himself in first place.

Though he probably considered his last fight with Dante an atonement as well because he was fully prepared to die there.

Attached: 1540825108447.png (1920x1080, 3.53M)

>If Urizen isn't Vergil, then neither is V.
There's barely anything of him in Urizen, and a bunch of him in V.
>whale
geeze if you're projecting this hard maybe it's time to lose the weight fatty.

He's the rival of a japanese MC, he could rape Jesus himself and they would still be all "ayyy he's good now"
Remember how Vegeta was just accepted into the Z Warriors when he literally never did a single good thing in his entire life up to that point and all they did was say "He kinda fucking ruined our lifes" but a week later no one gave a shit and they all loved him?

THIS TIMES ONE MILLION

Vergilfujos are really dumb, they don't even get simple concepts.

>got away scot free

I don't think you understand. Being trapped in hell for years until his unwanted son finally decides to find a way to get him out when he needs DANTE's help, stuck fighting DANTE who he can't even defeat like he actually wants to, with DANTE cracking lame jokes and dancing and doing stupid shit... that is the greatest torment of all for Vergil. HE'S DOING HIS TIME RIGHT NOW.

Attached: 1552279389122.png (800x600, 1.03M)

It seems more like Vergil got out during the Fortuna incident. The massive hellgate allowed him to get out and he just hide in Fortuna for five years.

She was working for Urizen, she was giving orders to Cavalier Angelo a demon made by Urizen to do his bidding.

Vegeta became cool when he killed the entire Ginyu force.

All the blood pumping the tree's veins came from living mortals, user.

As far as Urizen = Vergil.

I would speculate that his Urizen persona would certainly WANT to have zero memory of Dante, his past, etc. He would want to cast that off. I think there are some clues in the dialogue that question wether or not Urizen remembers more than he lets on.

>muh headcanon

Urizen is half of Vergil and he acts more like Vergil than V does. The game literally spells it out of your that they are both human and demon half of Vergil. Nowhere does it say "but V is more Vergil though to please dumb autistic fujos"

To be fair, the fuck were they going to tell him to do, get off the planet? I'm pretty sure that during the gap between Namek exploding and Mecha-Frieza coming to Earth and dying Vegeta was the most powerful dude on the planet.

The worst thing he does in 5 was stand menacingly.

Attached: 9730FF1B-C465-40C1-AE12-4B2B62FC7EA5.jpg (427x594, 55K)

He can still double jump and do some things that are basically super human.

But if the relationship were inverted. Him powering the arm vs the arm supplementing him, then yeah that might not be as viable for the state he was in.

Well Vergil is their family, even if he is a colossal fuckup. It's a character-driven story, so they are going to present their personal feelings for him above anything else. He's still in Hell though, so the rest of humanity doesn't have to deal with him for now.

He didn't make the qlippoth grow

Because the only thing more unbearable then a nerofag is a vergalfag

Vergilfujos act like they are so smart, but even they miss little story cues like this.

Urizen remembers Dante early on because of the Jackpot reference and later in the ending it even callsback to this because Vergil gets annoyed at Dante saying it. It TRIGGERED him in the beginning of the game and it still does.

>Meanwhile Orochimaru and Kabuto got away scot-free despite both almost ended the shinobi world with their edo tensei bullshit.
Oro's under house arrest because Naruto knows someday he'll need his crazy science bullshit. Meanwhile, Kabuto had a change of heart and runs an orphanage, which is good enough for the idiot.

Him and Dante will cut down Qliphoth then go kill Mundus as revenge and to stop him from ever coming after the human world again, mark my words. Remember that this is supposed to be the end of the Sons of Sparda story and Mundus is still out there, so unless they're really going to follow that one line and let Dante's son beat him I'm really thinking that it'll be the DLC.

Urizen is his demon side
It has no memories, just wants to get more power
V is his human side
It has all his memories and wants to right his wrongs
The whole series hammers you with the fact that the human side is stronger in a hybrid. So when they join together to create Vergil, his human side, which had time to think everything through without his autistic quest for MORE POWER, takes over and he realizes that throwing away your humanity makes you weaker, not stronger
It's a character arc that goes on from the thirs game user

Urizen remembers Dante and acts more like Vergil than V ever did.

You can keep headcanoning your delusions, but the actual canon says that Vergil is half-demon/half-human equally and that Urizen is Vergil.

Urizen definitely knows Dante and I think that's because it would be the only context for the power obsession. It's just that Urizen doesn't care much about Dante and views him as more an inconvenience then the goal. The only memories he has about his previous self are simply those that Dante is the focus of. Saying things like "You never lost anything." Shows that Vergil believes that Dante had an easy life in comparison to his own, even if it's not true at all.

Ironic that Vergilfujos hate V so much, but they still have to cling to him desperately to try and absolve their fave of any wrongdoing. The game itself doesn't even do this, which is why he's in Hell forever with Dante.

literally nobody hates V

I haven't seen any screencaps of fujos hating V. Most of them appear to love V.

user, he was seething over Dante calling him deadweight for an entire month
All he did was kill demons over and over again
He was basically slamming his head against a wall like a retard because his uncle called him deadweight. He probably thought "fuck that I can do better I'll do this with ONE HAND"
His autism is far greater than anyones in the series

>Dante I want a baby now!

Attached: 9D880008-7617-4E1D-B31C-8BE4B9649E46.gif (476x217, 225K)

IT's a good catch that he's annoyed by it, but Urizen doesn't know shit about Dante or why he even remembers it. The point is what he disdained about himself made him who he was, not his demon side, and not his lust for power.

There is one or two autistic Vergilautist who shitposts V in every thread. Be grateful you've never encountered them.

>it's a good catch BUUTTTT (insert headcanon here)

Fuck off fujo. Read up on something called confirmation bias, you have a very severe case of it.

But that doesn't even make sense, unless you think Vergil is really just some kind of badass stoic cool guy you should love V if you love Vergil. Vergil being a dork was already part of his character in 3.

Attached: 1552579792063.jpg (778x813, 161K)

Speaking of Mundus, do you have ANY idea how disappointed I was when I found out that V and Urizen were Vergil and it was all just a really bad plan Vergil had that worked out "okay" in the end?

That V was NOT actually the child of Mundus with some captive human girl in an attempt by Mundus to emulate what Sparda did while trying to understand how Dante could have beaten him but it just resulted in a crippled failure in Mundus' eyes? That his white hair in devil trigger reflected a half demonic nature and that despite Mundus rejecting him he still had some manner of hidden power. That he wanted to stop Mundus because he resented him and what he did to his mother just to create him. That he resented Dante because Dante's existence was the impetus for Mundus creating him. I thought it made perfect fucking sense due to V talking about a powerful demon resurrecting and how when V was breaking down he looked like he was crumbling like a statue, fitting with Mundus' appearance as a statuesque angelic demon. That V utilizing demons resembling those we were already used to serving Mundus/Nelo Angelo was a dead giveaway to the source of his power?
I thought that Urizen was just Vergil directly possessed by Mundus trying to become an even more powerful version of Nelo Angelo.

Don't get me wrong, I like V, but I was hoping for something else.

He was cool before that user
He killed them for his own gains, he only cooperated with Gohan and the rest to fullfill his own goals
Only in the android saga he started actually helping them
It was in theory just to beat Goku because again, autism, but he started caring about Bulma and Trunks
That's a fair point, but still, apart from Krillin being all "we're fucked and Tenshinhan being all grumpy, only Yamcha really stood against the fucking person responsible for the entire Freeza saga

Because in 3 there were no citizens shown at all and when the city is empty it's easy to ignore. In 5 there are bystanders getting impaled as they scream in agony. Also lots of corpses (or whatever is left) lying around in missions.

>V is literally Vergil

You're no better, brainlet Vergilfujo.

It's not, you're literally just too dumb and fat to see it. Maybe lose some weight so the cellulose drains from your brain and eyelids.

When you kill one it is a tragedy.
When you kill ten million it is a statistic.

Attached: Stalin3.jpg (640x400, 231K)

>why won't you believe my fanfiction?!?
>ur dumb and fat!

Typical brainlet fujo

I didn't even say that, but since he's an exaggeration of who Vergil naturally was before becoming insecure he sorta kinda is.

I see the fat Vergilfujo got triggered from being called dumb and ugly all the time in other threads. Must've struck a nerve.

Whatever you say chunkie

>he sorta kinda
>my headcanon

Even you don't believe the bullshit you spout, which is why you have to reach across the ocean to try and make it work.

V is an "exaggeration" of Verigl's humanity, just as Urizen is an "exaggeration" of Vergil's demonic side. Put both together and you get Vergil who is both different and somewhat similar to them, so no he is not "literally V".

Go back to tumblr, that's the only place anyone pretends to take your wall of text fanfiction seriously.

Ok, let's just put it like this. It doesn't matter if Urizen is a separate being or not. All that needs to be said about it is.

WOULD VERGIL STILL HAVE DONE THE FRUIT PLAN WITHOUT SEPARATING HIMSELF?

The answer is pretty much yes and since V feels responsible for what Urizen did, the blame fully lies on Vergil. That's all that needs to be said. V realizing that he fucked up and wants to be a good boy from now on is separate from the actions that happened. The only issue is that there is no real way to punish Vergil for his crimes outside of death and Dante clearly doesn't want to kill him, no matter the kind of resolve that he tries to bring himself to and so just resolves to be his keeper instead.

Him sorta kinda being Vergil isn't a headcannon bro, the game makes that abundantly clear. I didn't mean to say that he was literally equivalent to Vergil, just that he was most of Vergil's personality personified, which, by my measurements, makes him sorta kinda Vergil. Relax a bit.

Attached: 1537499650518.jpg (636x779, 60K)

Dante was fully-resolved to kill Vergil, the only reason he didn't was because of Nero with his "friendship is magic don't kill your family" message at the end. Vergil is still in Hell with Dante, so he didn't get off scot-free.

>he was most of

Except Urizen is half of Vergil too and acts more like him than V ever did. It's not my fault the main charateristic of Vergil the past decades has been power and wanting to fight Dante which Urizen emobodies more than V ever will.

He acts more like Vergil because Vergil was always throwing away his human side as worthless
When they split, V as a human side changes in a way a complete Vergil never could. So when they go back together, Vergil remembers being both Urizen and V. And V represents his character development. No, he IS his development. And Vergil didn't split to kill humans, he split because that was the only way he could save himself and because he wanted to get more power. But when he split, he as V realized where true power comes from.

Urizen literally says that he has no memories of his mother or his past. It is literally his quote that his ONLY MEMORY is that he wants power and hates Dante.
That is LITERALLY his only memory.

>muh headcanon where Vergil did nothing wrong

The game doesn't even agree with you, shut the fuck up already. Broken record autist.

And let me tell you: I would actually like that too. Nice fanfic, user. Seriously.

>ergo Dante deserves to be in Hell forever too or?

>literally
>LITERALLY
>ONLY MEMORY
>seething this hard

The Vergilfujo broke.

Bull, they were reminiscing. Dante was resolved to kill Urizen and almost did, but the second the actual Vergil appeared he couldn't bring himself to do it. All it took was Griffon talking about Vergil's Nightmares and Dante tried to get Vergil to just hand him the Yamato, even if he knew it wouldn't work. He even says he doesn't care about the whole 'who wins' thing. He just wants to fight Vergil because it's the only happy time he remembers having with him since Childhood. Nero just got them to admit that is all their fighting ever was and they didn't have to try to kill each other to have a good time.

I feel bad for Dante, he didn't even do anything wrong but has to stay in Hell with retardo to make sure he doesn't fuck anything up again. His brother's keeper indeed.

Quit while you're ahead please, this is just getting embarrassing to watch you scramble for LITERALLY (kek) anything.

I don't. He seems to be genuinely happy for the first time in a while. He's fine with making sure Vergil isn't going to fuck shit up.

My dude you’re the one in here saying that both Urizen and V are Vergil. It’s a 50/50 split but because Urizen acts more like Vergil, except he doesn’t, they both act like Vergil equal parts, which is the entire reason for doing it.

His power autism is definitely not half of his personality, that's a coping mechanism that has shaped the way he acts but it's more like a cover or persona. You can even see it start to slip at times like when he kills Beowulf or when he and Dante shoot Arkham together. Note that Urizen's "personality" is practically 1 dimensional while V acts like a real person.

I never said he did nothing wrong
I am saying that he wasn't really responsible for what Urizen did but his actions led to what happened
He still gets his punishment. He goes to hell and has to endlessly fight demons
Dante goes with him because Dante is just as retarded and autistic as the rest of his family. The whole fucking lineage of Sparda would be a fuckinf dissapointment to him

>the second Vergil appeared he coudn't bring himself to do it

Did you miss the part where Dante thought Urizen was Vergil the entire game and was going to kill him? Did you miss the part that it was a really big deal because that's why he didn't want Nero involved because he didn't want him killing his own dad?

Did you miss the actual dialogue after Vergil shows up where Dante says "V returned" so even after he knows V was part of Vergil, he still wants to kill him. He literally tells Nero he's going to kill him.

SUBSCRIBE TO PEWDIEPIE

He's cool and a videogame character. Also, have in mind that this guys are almost gods. Their morality doesn't quite match ours, especially in the case of Vergil and his lust for power.

If he was real he would be a fucking cunt.

I still was appalled by Vergil's lack of heart towards Nero. I mean, when he was put together by V he acknowledged the help that V receive from Nero, but that's it.

I hope we find him embracing his human side a bit more. It would be a nice character development.

Attached: 1512758357064.jpg (479x750, 78K)

Brits are subhuman anyways, Vergil did nothing wrong

The only people who die in Devil May Cry land are those to lame to live. Nothing of importance was lost

I never said that. V and Urizen aren't Vergil, I agree. They are only parts of him. You trying to argue that V is more like Vergil is what the issue is, because it's wrong.

SDT Vergil >= SDT Dante >= DT Nero > DT Dante >= Base Nero > Base Dante = Base Vergil
These are the canon power levels. Deal with it.

>it's not half of his personality
>his defining characteristics
>the game literally says Urizen is half of Vergil
>V says Urizen is Vergil
>Dante says Urizen is Vergil and is going to kill him because even Dante knows Vergil is completely repsonsible for all the shit that went down

Back to tumblr with ye

>DT Nero > DT Dante >= Base Nero > Base Dante = Base Vergil
lmao ok dead weight

>Note that Urizen's "personality" is practically 1 dimensional while V acts like a real person.

Which actually describes both sides of the world. The human and the demon world. Man, makes me think that DMC is really bad at flashing out villains motivations.

>I never said he did anything wrong

Good, because he did.

Boogeyman me all you like, it's certainly not going to make me agree with you. Have a nice day user.

Attached: 1529283584407.jpg (600x516, 40K)

Nero is higher in base with his Devil Breaker than Dante was in DT with Rebellion or Sparda. Nero broke Urizen's shield, Dante could not.

It’s true. DT Dante jobbed to Urizen(sentado) twice in a row, even with Sparda. DTless Nero managed to get through his defenses, cut him, and make him stand up, despite Urizen powering up for a month straight. No need to reply, I accept your defeat.

Yes he fucking did, the whole fucking DMC3 and 5 was his fault
But that's why V exists
He is there to make Vergil realize his wrongs in an authentic way that doesn't destroy his character. His punishement is Nero being his fucking son and having to endure family dinners in the future
Hell is just a break for him

>Urizen creates an illusion of the house he grew up in and talks about how Dante never lost anything yet people still say he remembers nothing but wanting power

Attached: 1538777477260.png (344x380, 161K)

In addition, people are massively sleeping on Nero's DT (FUCK YOU!) being able to stop a full power attack from Dante and Vergil in their SDT forms. Even if you say "oh they were tired" or "oh he'd still lose 1v1", he is AT LEAST on par with them.

>definitely not

Why are delusional autists always so sure of themselves even when they are completely wrong? is this like a form of autism or something?

And they forget Nero just spent the whole last 24 hours jobbing and getting his ass kicked 24/7 before that, so it’s not like he was at peak condition either

>in an authentic way that doesn't destroy his character

You mean the writers being too pussy to actually develop Vergil, so they have to create a plot device that is V? I wouldn't exactly call that actual development or good writing. It's a cool idea, but ultimately lazy and noncommittal. Especially given it's execution.

>in fact I'm fine with Virgin being a straight villain.
what's wrong with a queer villain?

Damn, so Arkham was stronger than Dante and Vergil in 3? Wow, who knew?

V literally is Vergil's personality and memories without the power autism. Urizen is 100% power autism and barely remembers anything from Vergil's past other than a couple of things.

V actually tries to stop his evil half from winning and even succeeds in mellowing Vergil afterwards. Vergil is not a villain.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 246K)

So what can we expect from the next installment in the series? They both leave hell, supposedly. By themselves or Nero does it because he needs them. Something happens. Now Vergil is there to help?

I only play 3SE, 4 and I hope to play this one somewhere in the future, but I feel that unless they butcher the bond between Dante and Vergil, their arc is kind of complete. I'm curious to what is going to happen now.

>You mean the writers being too pussy to actually develop Vergil, so they have to create a plot device that is V?
No, it's more like Vergil had no reasonable explanation to show up in the story WITHOUT stealing Nero's arm for the Yamato and getting rid of the Mundus juice. This is the only way it could have went.

I know you just came here to spout your delusions and show everyone your confirmation bias, and not to actually argue or actually pay attention to the story you are so obsessed with.

You didn't have to tell me.

He didnt kill anyone important, just NPCs.

Even when he's a pure demon he can't let go of his initial motivations

>Dante and Vergil in 3
Literally lost pints of blood, you moron. At that point even Lady could jump in without being gibbed.
>Dante and Vergil in 5
Literally in the strongest forms either could manage going in for a death blow on each other.

V is more like the human part of Vergil, Urizen is the sociopath demon of Vergil with barely any memories that make him human.

SO are lady and trish more explored in the other games?
Becuse here there were just in the background and did pretty much nothing

u wot

I thought you were leaving, Vergilfujo.

Did you see the same scene as I did? Are you serious?
Dante asks him about the scene, Urizen tells him that he has no memories of this place and that the fruit created it by itself.
Are you blind and deaf?

Serious question, why is the shotgun so bad, even in gunslinger style? The shotgun stinger is kinda cool, but that’s it. Kalina Ann (specially the double one) shoots just as fast and does more damage at increased range, while E&I are really fast and better at medium range.

>Aimlessly wanders around picking fights with Dante and murdering a gorillion and a half people
He's the worst kind of villain, honestly.
He may as well exist just to make Dante look like a fun/compelling character in comparison.
Like the whole time you're thinking "Thank God I'm not playing as that dour Dan"

>Going by power scaling Nero can make DMC1 Mundus and DMC3 Vergil his bitches without even trying
When did this become DBZ?

>SO are lady and trish more explored in the other games?
Well, in their initial debuts, yes.
Haven't you played 1 and 3 yet? Go do that, fun games

I'm a different guy. I believe that Urizen is Vergil but full Vergil is not responsible for actions of V or Urizen.
V and Urizen are clearly not Vergil because they are completely missing parts of his identity.

V was pure. RIP /our/ gothic weirdo skinny summoner Blake reciter.

He didn't get away scot free
He ended up in hell

Trish in 1 was pretty much just a plot device. Lady in 3 is central to Dante's growth and gets shown kicking ass in her own way, even if it's against just the Prides and Lusts. If they decide that DLC needs their own mini stories, then Lady and Trish will get something for 5 to show them not just there to add their thoughts to what's happening.

just use it like the blue rose

Charge the shotgun and do jump cancel shots.

>powerscaling
Doesn't exist even in real life.
Martial arts, warfare, combat etc. doesn't work with
>X is stronger then Y, Y is stronger than Z thus X is stronger than Z
Most of battles of any type are completely situational in every kind of confrontation in real world. Power scaling is absolutely retarded as a concept and exists only because shonen retard writers need a way to quantify "power".

Imagine you're Vergil
Imagine you spend your whole life lusting for power so you can "protect" some vague thing
Imagine obtaining that power and then getting your ass blown open by your chill rival brother anyway
Imagine finding out at age 40 that you have a 25~ year old son whose mother you abandoned
Imagine said son yelling "FUCK YOU" and beating your shit in because of how garbage you are as a person
Imagine him then saying "JACKPOT", your hated brother's catchphrase, as he crushes you into the dirt
Imagine realizing that the fake version of you that you made when you threw yet another tantrum is more liked than you
Imagine realizing you killed millions of people for no fucking reason, yet again
Imagine realizing you're a walking piece of trash who never actually had any "ideals" and was just a selfish cunt for his entire life

Attached: pizza_dante.jpg (774x690, 411K)

From the start when Dante went Super Sparda after getting mad that Trish "died"

>a baby could beat an adult

how can you be this thickheaded user, jesus

I mean Mike Tyson could beat Floyd Mayweather using power scaling.

That sounds a billion times better than what we got.

Complicit ≠ killed them.

Shotgun roll gives I-frames. You can roll through any attack, which makes it super safe and still decently powerful. Charge shot is good and easily jump cancelable. I wish Rapid fire was back, since that thing use to do so much damage in 3, but oh well. It's good for what it's got. Decent close range damage with no real recovery.

Cringe

He is unironically literally Hitler

Attached: vergler.jpg (1280x720, 268K)

You are thinking in absolutes, the idea of powerscaling is retarded in the first place because power is an abstract thing, an extremely vague human concept.
The reason why absolute power scaling charts are retarded is because they act as if power is some magical point meter that measures how stronk you are.

>He killed millions and got away scot free. How could you still like him after this?

Amateur.

Attached: LAMO.jpg (266x337, 29K)

His punishment was ending the game as a tutorial fight

Does dante ever use the yamato?

They could easily pull off a playable Nelo Angelo with the resources they have couldn't they?

Attached: 1534884562617.png (877x1079, 599K)

I want him back!

>dantefags on suicide watch

On a scale of Devil Never Cry to Devil May Cry, how much feels did the ending give you? This includes the two bonus menus you get for beating the game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Would be nice
Hell if you give me the weapon for someone to use and have a model swap, I would be content

>bashful means he acts like a tsundere waifu
Here’s one for you, too.

It gave me bitter sweet feels.
Devil sometimes cry

the whole
>V isn't Vergil!
thing remind me too much of Kingdom Hearts now.

Do you think Itsuno will ever tell us who the fuck V is? A figment of Virgil view of humanity? Is he based off of someone Vergil knew? Why did his humanity take that form? They made us kill the pets just to explain what they are and why but they never explained V. Is he saving it for something or what?

Attached: D1hObgxX0AAn6yE.jpg large.jpg (1429x1004, 114K)

DMC3 > DMC1 > DMC2 > DMC4 > DMC5

Now that DMC V has sold enough copies to let the truth out, Barry was nothing more than a common enemy to bring us together

yeah okay wtf, what the fuck are you supposed to do when Vergil summons his clone exactly?

I mean, considering how fucking retarded and blind Vergil was, there was really no way for him to realize that being human AND demon is what makes him and Dante strong, not just being demon. He thought humanity was weak and that's why Eva died
V was the side of him that he threw away. The side that was actually human. It was literally all of his personality. This was the side that was happy to fight Dante in 3. It was the side that took part in the banter Dante would start. When you take it away, all that's left is his hunger for power. That's why V was needed. They didn't pussy out of developing him, the whole fucking story of 5 is about his development. Because of Vs interactions with the crew, his human side being left alone for some time and having this time to think without his demon side and hunger for power being a driving factor in his actions and Urizen ultimately losing, Vergil realizes why Dante was stronger than him. And it was also to show how much of a fucking dork Vergil really is and how similar to Dante he really is. That's why he was happy at the end, when in 3 he was pissed off all the time. Because as V, he realized that all he really wants is not power, but an actual family and acceptance. He couldn't come up to that conclusion before because he was blaming himself for the death of his mother AND he thouhjt she abandoned him. When Dante tells Urizen she died because she tried to save him, Urizen doesn't give a fuck because all of his memories are inside of V. When Vergil comes back as a whole is the moment that he understands what Dante told him. 3 and 5 end with Vergil falling to hell. But in 3,he goes alone because he thinks that the demon realm is where he will find power and that he doesn't belong among humans. In 5 he goes with Dante because his experience as V makes him realize that the human blood makes him stronger, not weaker and that he actually has a place he belongs in. On Earth, with his family

literal brainlets
His tattoos are the demons, tattoos disappear when they are summoned
his face is similar to that of his mother
What is there not to understand

Attached: Vtrish.jpg (955x465, 96K)

Dodge

NOOOOOOO STOP HE'S NOT VERGIL STOP IT

Guys is the Proto Angelo boss fight on a timer? Or did this V faggot really die and leave me with a boss with the most bloated life bar in all of DMC history?

Hey, what's up with the shit in the main trailer not in the game? V fighting Goliath in the actual mission 2 map and Dante riding the motorcycle through mission 1, namely.

What the fuck are you even talking about? He is concentrated human parts of Vergil, Urizen is concentrated parts of Demon Vergil.

Kill it asap with either DT'd stinger with Dante or charged shots with Nero.

Just kill it lol

>DT
>need it to counter him if you get hit by the impaling shit
>need it to counter the slow down world
>need it to counter the clone
>need it to do damage when he is in DT himself
>need it to heal
I don't have enough for all that wtf DT wtf

Games change during development who knew
Remember how literally every interesting bit of MGSV was already in the trailers or not in the main game at all?
Yeah, they probably wanted to avoid that. Also, games do that all the time, because it's easy and they don't want to spoil the players
ALSO, V has a finisher for Goliath, so he probably was meant to be able to fight him in the story

All that shit is easy to dodge nigga

He didn't. Urizen did

Attached: Yourizen.png (825x450, 322K)

I absolutely need someone to edit Dante into doing the Ricardo pose Nero does in this gif, and putting the Royal Parry effect over it when he lifts his arm.

Attached: 1552277937786.gif (550x400, 1.59M)

>getting hit
lmao

Yeah, the same kind of retards that goes "NOOOO LINGERING WILL ISN'T TERRA"

Imagine thinking this is a solid argument

>need it to counter him if you get hit by the impaling shit
Dont get hit
>need it to counter the slow down world
trickster out
>need it to counter the clone
need 1 bar to DT stinger
>need it to do damage when he is in DT himself
No you dont
>need it to heal
Dont get hit

Also its ezpz to royal guard half of his attacks which is free DT

Power scaling isn't the end all be all of theoretical fights, you know. There are countless scenarios of "X beats Y, Y beats Z, therefore X is stronger than Z, but Z counters everything X can do therefore Z beats X"

In Naruto for example this happens when Team 7 beats Kaguya despite her being way faster and stronger than all of them combined.

Yeah, he even fights him in the null zone or whatever. I can see that one being spoiler related, but we straight up see Dante playable where he shouldn't be. Really wish that was a hint at a "Play everyone everywhere" update.

>>need it to counter him if you get hit by the impaling shit
Just jump and not get hit
Also taunt

He's probably on suicide watch

Attached: 1523022001939.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

V isn't Dead. He just returned to being Vergil.

Attached: DMC5_Vergil_render.png (524x971, 318K)

Oh yeah I forgot about that fight
They probably meant for Goliath to be a V fight, then changed it to Nero but decided to make you fight him as V as well. Also as I said, games change during developepment or they straight up change shit specifically for the trailers just for the fuck of it. It's nothing new, it happens all the time

Urizen isn't vergil in terms of personality though. He doesn't remember anything about his past and his only purpose in life is to kill dante. He's basically a parody of Vergil proper, I NEED MORE POWER taken to the nth degree. V on the other hand retains all of his memories and pain and he very obviously shows remorse and pain for what his demonic side has done. Vergil benifited from urizen's actions but he didn't do them. It's kind of like an extreme case of criminal insanity.

>yfw they pull a Kingdom Hearts later and make some dumb hommunculus body for V to live in after he gained too much self-awareness

I thought capcom said the V vs Goliath footage was from bloody palace

Guys what is the input for the cutscene iframe shit in sin DT?

How do u git gud at royal guard?

he said he had no recollection of where he was when dante pointed it out to him, all he cared about was the fruit

>and his only purpose in life is to kill dante
Urizen didn't give a single shit about Dante.
V did want to kill Dante but could suppress his urge to.

I spent most of today trying to no damage the vergil fight. Just Royal Guard everything.

Urizen didn't even really know who Dante was until maybe the last fight with him where it seemed like he remembered by his tone well V was approaching him.

If he did he would've killed him on the spot in the first place.

Play mission 17 again. Urizen only wanted to kill dante, that was his entire drive. V could have killed dante with Sparda but he didn't.

>Urizen only wanted to kill dante
You mean like when Dante got YEETED out of his throne and Urizen didn't bother to hunt him down?

>Tfw eternal trickstar/swordmaster scrub who only switches to gunslinger to laser/rocket barrage.

Vergil on SoS was so fucking satisfying as Dante. I ended up shooting him to death with Nero because I didn't know for the most part you have to be in DT to stun him during punish windows well hes in DT?

Why the fuck is YEET so goddamn funny to me, it's so fucking retarded

I like him even more now.

Attached: 1552522819688.jpg (1200x790, 353K)

Urizen wanted to crush Dante with what he thought was ultimate power, and to get that he had to chill for a month.

I don't know about you but I find dead memes funny as fuck.
When shit gets overused and everyone says it it's not funny, humor is when something unexpected is said.
I find that using terms and memes after their expiration date is funny because people don't expect you to use shit passed their shelf life.
I guess that's the boomer in me

Attached: 1552151765586.png (760x686, 646K)

Even to the point that he told Malphas to ignore Sparda. Urizen only cared about Dante once he made himself a problem. I don't know how people are unable to get this. Dante was an obstacle to becoming Demon King, which was Urizen's actual goal. The want to obtain power, absolute. Must just be because of V explaining to Nero why Dante and Vergil fight, which was because of their differing views, but in this case Vergil's need to fight Dante wasn't anywhere in Urizen. It was just Dante's need to fight Vergil.

>all the blood in the strip club in Mission 3
Do you think that was hot sauce?

He didn't bother to hunt him down because he had to stay rooted to the throne to suck up more blood and to eat the fruit eventually. Once he does that he throws down and aims to finish his goal.

>Go through SoS Dante with Rebellion and King
>Messing around in void after seeing that one Webm of Balrog fucking over Furies

How gimped will I be running Balrog and KB, I'm really getting a fucking feel for the bobbing and weaving now and it's making my dick ROCK HARD

That would certainly explain why the Qlipoth was feeding Dante. Urizen needed him alive. But that also doesn't make sense, Urizen could have easily killed Dante. If that's what he really wanted. That just further sends the thought that even at this stage, neither of them actually want to kill the other, it's just that they love fighting each other that much.

Urizen legit didn't give a single shit about Dante bro, I don't know why you seem to think Urizen doesn't have any emotions except for one specific instance, and V not killing Dante doesn't mean he wants to kill him.
V CLEARLY feels the want to kill Dante.
Urizen doesn't give a shit unless Dante challenges him

You dont have to be in DT
Just once he DT's the punish windows are very tight

These edits are fucking hilarious, 5 has been a goddamn Gods gift
For me with Yeet it's because my first experience was a YouTuber(I guess that's the zoomer in me) acting like a white dad trying to be hip using yeet. I never knew yeet was a meme, but just imagining white people using yeet completely wrong is completely funny
>Yes son! YEET!

Attached: 1552283349436.jpg (849x960, 98K)

>killing millions = immediate and unconditional disdain

Where the fuck do you think you are?

Fuck you Vergil is cool.

Attached: i'm uncomfortable.webm (610x756, 952K)

Attached: 1552499277043.webm (638x562, 2.8M)

Vegeta also saved everyone a lot of times on Namek.

Urizen did
V tried to end it and he is just as much a part of Vergil
Corrupted Vergil wasn't really 100% thinking straight, he was still mostly Nelo Angelo with only the will to defeat Dante keeping him from dying

Attached: 1552648149842.jpg (3840x1600, 741K)

>after Nico teased Nero about seeing naked Lady he actually talked with Kyrie
How can one guy be so pure

Attached: 1531711835903.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

Again play mission 17 and listen to what urizen says. He has no recollection of the fucking horrible childhood trauma where his family was destroyed, but he is furious that Dante is stronger than him. The only part of Vergil that's left in Urizen is his desire to gain power to defeat Dante. The only reason he doesn't just go after Dante right away and finish him off is because he couldn't. He was being fed red orbs by the Qulipoth.

There are "people" that don't like Nero.
Let that sink in

Attached: 1552507310672.jpg (700x934, 80K)

Yes, but he did it by proxy
They had the same enemy. That was it
He probably also had something in the back of his mind that forced him to keep the sayian race alive, so he kept Gohan alive

These shitposters are retarded when they compare Nero to Donte. Nero is a good man, just extremely emotional when it comes to family

>Doesn't remember his childhood or anything surrounding it thus has no desire to kill Dante
>Is furious that after obtaining ultimate power there is a being stronger than him.
user pls. Explain why Urizen would forget every other thing and only want to kill Dante. You can't even say it's because V doesn't have it because V quite CLEARLY has the desire to, as I stated before, suppressing his urge DOES NOT MEAN he doesn't have the urge, that's retarded reasoning.

But without the fruit he would be fucking ded

You know he did it the first time in 3 already right?

>nero is pure boy
>vergil is cute autismo
>dante is a lovable hobo

Attached: 1550000615560.png (849x481, 273K)

You think that's pure? VERGIL LITERALLY CUT HIS ARM OFF and was a deadbeat dad, and still Nero was like, im not letting you die nigga.

There is a reason his DT has angel like wings. He's so pure.

Arkham manipulated him so technically he didn't

He's arguably still more culpable than he was in 5 though.
Getting split in half and one half doing outrageous shit is more excusable than "Oh shit, this guy told me some fibs and I accidentally a few hundred thousand people!"

No, he wouldn't. They were dying because of the corruption. When V and Urizen merged, it forced the corruption from their body. All the fruit did was power him up. All the tree did was give him lots of power because human blood is power for a demon. It wasn't keeping him alive at all.

Urizen is responsible for most of those deaths and he isn't Vergil.
He's Vergil's single-minded pursuit of power given form. Vergil just wanted to divide himself then rejoin to fix how Mundus basically destroyed him, everything Urizen did was without human thought or emotion as V said.

Yes but, what else was everyone supposed to do? Vegeta didn't kill anyone on earth, Nappa did, and the dead ones came back, then on Namek, Vegeta was the sole reason they survived multiple times, and now back on Earth, he was by far the strongest and no one else was capable of really doing anything to him and Vegeta himself didn't really want to do anything to them.

Vergil was consciously using Arkham without suspecting he had a game of his own.
Raising the tower was his own decision.
There's no need to whiteknight Vergil. Being a power obsessed autismo fuelled by childhood trauma is a huge part of his charm.

>the vfujo is still trying
I admire your autism vfujo

Nero is like quarter demon and he was in the Cult of Sparda that wanted to become angels
His DT being angelic is pottery at it's finest
Now thatvI think about it, DMC series is really poetic when it comes to storytelling
Not saying it's Shakespear level of poetry(what kind of a retard would compare a video game about killing demons to Shakespear?), but it's suprisingly clever
It makes sense, but I just think the Z warriors should be a little more butthurt about Vegeta being just accepted straight away. I think TFS did it in a good way

>kinaman
nu eto pizdec, nahooya eto zdes'?

Attached: 1552592926309.jpg (465x406, 119K)

no u

If V is suppressing the urge to kill dante why the fuck is he looking distraught and upset that dante was killed by Urizen in the prologue? V might not like dante but he doesn't have that bloodlust. And, again, urizen is the demonic part of Vergil, kind of like his id. A furious power seeking vengeful entity. V is much more reasonable and remorseful. Again, don't take my word for it. Urizen has NO reasoning behind his hatred for dante because he lacks any memory of the past, and yet it's his sole drive. He doesn't talk about world domination or killing mundus, he does not remember his own mother for God's sake. He only has a desire to kill dante. Play mission 17.

>vergil splitting in half somehow makes him more powerful
the powerlevel system in DMC is retarded, I love it

Didnt sasuke become Naruto’s lapdog for top secret mission bullshit when Naruto became the 7th hokage?

Also Nero sees a disheveled looking man in the obviously dangerous world of DMC, and offers him a warm meal and company. The most dante does is let people take a piss. He's a good boy.

Urizen doesn't want to kill Dante
He Team Rockets him out of the tree and doesn't give a fuck about him for a whole month. He only fights him when Dante tries to stop him

>Vergil cuts Nero's arm off
>Nero spends entire game caught up in his vendetta against him
>he reconsiders when he learns Vergil's his dad
>decides to forgive him for everything and give him another chance
>finally heals emotionally, and the wound Vergil gave him heals too
literally kino

Attached: 1552253022275.jpg (595x596, 75K)

Because he wanted Dante to stop Urizen, dumbass, V is clearly aware he stands no chance trying to fight Dante himself, his want to kill Dante doesn't supersede his want to have Urizen defeated so he can become Vergil again.
You are misinterpreting so much shit at this point I don't even want to have to pick apart the rest of the fallacious points you're making, you see one end and how they don't serve another, and don't bother thinking anything through.
Urizen literally doesn't care about anything other than power.
V has all of Vergil's emotions and mannerisms without his demonic powers.

>when V and Urizen merged, it forced the corruption from their body
Urizen was healthy as fuck after absorbing one month worth of Dr.Pepper and eating the fruit though. If he wasn't cured why the fuck did he got out of his comfortable chair after 1 month and take off his armor after eating the fruit? Nothing implies that merging together would somehow magically cure his AIDS. If it was so easy Urizen had absorbed V on the spot after they splitted not summoning a god damn tree.

>offers him a warm meal and company. The most dante does is let people take a piss
Not like Dante has anything to offer to anyone, except stylish demon slaying skills.

>It's apparent when you swap their hairstyles

Its really not, and i like new vergil

Urizen himself was fine, that was the point of casting off the corrupted flesh and feelings using the Yamato. V inherited the corruption, while Urizen was perfectly fine. The merge removed the Nelo shit from Vergil himself.

Urizen was not fine. In the prologue if you break his barrier he will just sit there waiting to die but after one month you try that again he will stand up right away and punch your asses.

He stayed hooked to the tree and didn't kill dante because he wanted to remain powerful. He was attached to the tree and didn't kill him when he could out of necessity. Read nico's notes on urizen.
You're reading far more into V's character than was portrayed in game. Basically just projecting your opinions on him. There is not a single moment where V says that he wants dante to die. Were it really the case he could have probably uttered something to Griffon in one of his missions. He has resentment towards his little brother, sure, but where the fuck do you see him showing a desire for dante to die? Like really show me the piece of dialogue or cutscene. None of this guessing and projection shit. Meanwhile Urizen's ONLY shown motivation is to gain strength to kill dante. I'm basing the character motivations based on what's said and done, and not what I think the character wanted.

>Urizen himself was fine
He was on blood life support from the tree.

Lmao, even Vergil in 3 and 1 never wanted for Dante to die. That's why being Nelo was really a punishment for Vergil. Not only was he forced to serve Moondust, but he also was forced to fight Dante to death.

>You're projecting traits onto V
>But Urizen HATED Dante for the same reasons Vergil did and not because of MUH POWER as stated in the game
Okay retard

>He killed millions
that's none of my concern

Attached: 1547105316048.jpg (500x500, 42K)

Marie Rose has killed more

V did tell Dante that Urizen was Vergil when he goes to his office, right? So why Dante let V fuse with him? It was on purpose?

why does griffon know nero is v's kid but vergil didn't?
why didn't griffon tease nero about it in the game?

Dante didn't know who V was I guess.

Yes but in his corrupted state he basically became butthurt that bro managed to do what he didn't while also kicking his ass many times. It's not that far of a stretch to assume that he just wanted to finally get that one win over his brother, the only thing he has left in this world.
Urizen recognizes dante and actively wants to kill him, this is a fact. It's also a fact that Vergil split himself in order to avenge himself and kick the shit out of dante. It's also a fact that V has never shown the same bloodthirst that Urizen did. None of these are guesses. Your assumption that V wants Dante dead however, is based on nothing. Now fuck off idiot.

Griffon probably had access to Vergil's memories.
And since Griffon isn't a massive autist he puzzled it together.

He probably though that V would kill Urizen and fade away to atone for his (Vergil's) sin.
Turns out V also doesn't want to die.

Yes, he wanted to get the win, but not kill him
He wanted to defeat him but then be able to rub it in his face

>Your assumption that V wants Dante dead however, is based on nothing
Yeah certainly not Mission 10.
He did it all for theatrics, haha.
I'm certainly the one making shit up based off of actual evidence and things told in the story and not pulling headcanon out of my ass now that I'm getting BTFO.
Haha

Yes and we don't know. Dante says that he had a hunch that V was Vergil pretty much, but never really acts on it. He knows that Urizen is only Vergil's demon half and that Griffon and the other relate to Vergil in some way. Maybe he wanted to believe that V just wanted to kill his demon side, maybe Dante is just THAT much of a fight junky that he can't admit it to himself that he wanted Vergil back and made it seem like he he was just as surprised. We will probably never know.

The only reason he stabs himself with Rebellion is because he knows what the Yamato did. Which honestly was insanely stupid and dangerous if you think about it. Though I can't imagine Demon Dante being as big of a dickhole as Urizen

Nobody gives a shit
Dante is happy he got his bro back
Nero threw himself into the crossfire for him
And who cares about what anyone else wants. If they want to lynch him they're free to try

Attached: 1552397567172.jpg (719x832, 110K)

Real question, did V know that when he merged with Urizen, Vergil would change? Or did he just decide to take that chance because he didn't want to die

wasn't griffon nelo angelo's nightmares? was that his subconscious or something?

>Or did he just decide to take that chance because he didn't want to die
What would any person in their right mind do?

Vergil was probably just full of shit when he pretended to not know that Nero is his kid. A deadbeat dad just like Sparda. I don't buy the fact that he didn't know, he just wanted to avoid thinking about it because it forced him to connect to his human side.
Dante didn't make the connection until it was too late, probably.
If he wanted him dead do much why the fuck did he not just drive Sparda through his head? He had a chance right there. And, again, I'm not saying he hasn't got resentment towards dante. If he's got vergil's memories and emotions he also has the inferiority complex that comes with MOTHER LOVED YOU MORE.
Vergil without humanity doesn't have any emotions towards dante which is why Urizen wants him straight up dead. There's no nuance to his actions. He doesn't wanna beat dante because of a reason, beating dante is his only reason.

I want Nero to slap Virgil's shit and take Yamato in custody until he apologizes.

>If he wanted him dead do much why the fuck did he not just drive Sparda through his head?
It's almost like Dante was his only way to not die or something.
Weird

>The only reason he stabs himself with Rebellion is because he knows what the Yamato did
So Dante just wanted his fighting partner back, he didn't want to kill him if he lets go of it that easily when Nero bitch slaps him.

This.
The only people who could ever hold Vergil accountable are Dante and Nero and they both care about him.
Crewcuts need to cheer up.

I think they were a manifestation of Vergil's memories when he was Nelo Angelo. So basically his nightmares, yeah
I am wondering if he knew that Vergil would be different after merging or not.
Yes, he didn't want to die, but he cared enough about Nero and Dante that I think he would sacrifice himself for them if needed

Just realised that Vergil's story in DMC5 is kinda like Piccolo and Kami.

>Vergil was probably just full of shit when he pretended to not know that Nero is his kid.
The final fight says otherwise.

V is all of Vergil's memories and most of his feelings. V changing would certainly mean that Vergil should change. The only thing that Urizen brings to the table is the desire for power and the feeling of contempt for Dante.

The real question should be, why wouldn't he change? V was suppose to be a showcase of how Vergil could change, so that they could justify keeping him around from now on.

>thanks doc

>nor does V being a nice guy who realizes how wrong he was make Vergil automatically accept that part of himself.
Vergil has an introspective moment after beating Dante and retreating.
youtu.be/XmLHqr7sqFw?t=9m55s
If he were 100% convinced his life choices were correct, he wouldn't ask those questions. I'm sure Vergil feels some remorse, I mean his own brother wants to kill him.

>Vergil was probably just full of shit when he pretended to not know that Nero is his kid.
Japanese line said something like "Son? What's that got to do with me?" He wasn't speaking in contempt of the idea of his son, but more that he actually had no clue what Dante was talking about and then realized he was talking about Nero.

Why does Vergil have a southern accent but Dante doesn't?

I really wish translation errors like that didn't happen.
I know people are gonna go "BUT MUH ENGLISH IS THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO-"
I know, retard, I'm saying the nip team probably didn't understand the nuance being lost when it got translated from the nip script.

What's really funny though is that Griffon at least seems to realize that Nero is Vergil's son, since in the Novel he makes the quip of "I wonder where he gets it from." and V responses with "No idea". Now you would think this means that V is just joking back. But I could believe that Vergil is just that self unaware as to really have no clue, since he almost never does an introspective.

Can someone explain Nero's abilities to me and how he regrew his entire arm back. Has any of the other Spardas regrew a limb?

Vergil basically did something unthinkable to himself in a final act of desperation for the sole purpose of killing dante. I'm fairly confident that given the option then and there to stab dante in the head or to split himself with Yamato, he'd have gone for the former and died with a feeling of accomplishment

That user had predicted it.

Attached: doctoredpic.png (1686x1657, 2.74M)

>I'm fairly confident that given the option
Then you're wrong because that's not what he did

I wonder why Urizen didn't kill V or how V escaped when Vergil split himself. If he really despised his humanity that much, it would be logical that he would kill his other half right there.

>"My Son...??? (WTF is he talking about) (That) means nothing to me!..."

Yep, checks out. I can buy it.

Dante seems to have no problems with healing giant ass gaping chest wounds, maybe devil healing factor is powerful to the point of full on limb regeneration.
At any rate the game just tells you very bluntly to not think about it.

V wasn't a threat to Urizen.
Urizen didn't despise shit, he didn't like anything
He just wanted power.

I still maintain that all they needed to add to that sentence was a "that" before means. But even the sentence alone and what vergil says after should give you a hint.

I noticed that before the arm regenerated it was in spectral form and in Nero's DT form he can also make the spectral shape of the yamato sword. If he can literally reform body parts from spectrally reshaping them, that's OP af.

They survive being stabbed through witha fuckhuge sword
Human blood powers up demons
His arm was in constant DT mode because of Yamato
I assume when he didn't have Yamato, his DT made his arm regrow. It's just regeneration they all have

He technically didn't, his unforseen and uncontrolled tree-form free of his humanity did.

Now him erecting the tower in DMC3, however, that's on him and Arkham.

>Can someone explain Nero's abilities to me and how he regrew his entire arm back. Has any of the other Spardas regrew a limb?

The explanation is that DMC is anime as fuck.

Hey guys, doesnt the second mission of DMC3 open with people burning alive and falling into the number 2? Anyways you're ignorant and tasteless if you didn't consider Temen Ni Gru an awrsome act of murder in DMC3, as it was presented.

He even causes his arm to become spectral again when he needs to use Devil Breakers. It seems that Nico took some of the machine parts out and they instead work off of pure demonic power that is provided by Nero himself. Which is just insane.

Seems strange that Griffon is a part of Vergil and yet Griffon could put two and two together before the autismo could.That proves that even without his power hungry self Vergil really is a dumbass.

Imagine thinking that you can't like a character if they've killed people.

Does it really become spectral?
I thought Nico made new Breakers that act as gauntlets

No, I meant Vergil despised his humanity, therefore he acted on it. But right after he split V was still there all weakened. Even if as Urizen he wasn't fully conscious of his acts or didn't remember anything as Vergil, wouldn't he try to take his blood or something, like those other civilians in the city?

Yup, watch the end sequence again. The 'hollow' part is just the strap that goes on his elbow where the wire snatch comes out of.

Blood doesn't mean shit before the tree is summoned boyo.
Urizen had 0 reason to even notice him there

Griffon is just a smartypants while Vergil is not really the sharpest tool in the shed
I mean, when Dante beat him, he thought "nah, it can't be that my brother is right and being human actually makes us stronger, I need to go to hell to be stronger"
Also, he literally didn't remember he had sex in his life until Dante pointed it out

yeah, those people that got impaled by the qliphoth recovered in the hospital later too

>he literally didn't remember he had sex in his life until Dante pointed it out

Or maybe he has had frequent sex in his youth and didn't think anything of it.

Or maybe he thought, logically, that it was Dante's kid so why should he care?

It's a good idea to have a vergil campaign that shows his change or not since all we got was a small part in the credit sequence.

And if he can make his arm spectral back and forth, that opens the door many possibilities.

DMC6 incoming Nero phasing in and out ability. Watch his SDT is going to be entirely spectral form with a thousand arms.

He probably thought it was Dante's desu

He has massive dilf energy so many give him a pass.

If he weren’t cool and attractive we’d be shitting on him.

>Or maybe he thought, logically, that it was Dante's kid so why should he care?
Wouldn't he mention having a nephew sometime in the game though? When griffon points it out in the novel he says "no idea" not oh maybe it's dante's.

True but that's just normal healing, Nero glowed pretty blue lights and magicked that shit back from a stub. Idunno maybe it was always going to heal back he was just psychologically stopping it?

Technically it's the normies fault for getting killed by a fucking plant.

When has Vergil shown any concern about Dante besides beating him? Why would he care about Nero on the assumption that it's Dante's son?

It was always going to heal up, but he needed to tap into his demonic powers to make it happen.

They really need to give all the DLC character mini campaigns, instead of just playing the main game through again. That's what Divergence mode should be for. Five levels, with cutscenes before and after stages should be more then enough. What's more scary for Vergil is that in the data, he not only has Doppleganger, but it looks like some modifier for time stop. Which means Dopple and Quicksilver might be styles for him.

>Nero's new Trickster equivalent would be phasing through enemies
Fucking give it to me

>One of his busters is making his arm spectral, jamming it into a demons guts and then making it solid again.

So many possibilities with that thing. Also handy at home.

Hmm, got it, but the bigger deal here is not the regrowing of the arm. It's being able to make it go away again, that's the real wtf.

I assume that the time V spent with Nero made him care a little about him. He even thanks him after merging V and Urizen.

So Vergil is actually a softie and he enjoys classical music and poetry, and he was WAY more fucked in the head by the trauma of losing his mom than Dante ever was or shows. And while fighting Dante he asks again if Nero really is his son and seems surprised by it, but by the end he seems ok with Nero being his son and gives him the poetry book.

At least that's what I got from it. All I wanted was a good end where he got to be a dad and be at peace, and I sort of got it. DMCV is overall a very feel-good game, all things considered.

>That's what Divergence mode should be for. Five levels, with cutscenes before and after stages should be more then enough
That's sound like a good idea.

Well his abilities consist of having extra spectral apendages, he probably can convert body parts back and forth between normal and spectral. They will probably explore it more in the future.

I think it was more gratitude and respect, because they built a weird comradery in the events. But then it actually means something when he finds out that Nero indeed was his son.

>Nero finds out he can make spectral feet as well
>Proceeds to stomp the shit out of demons with kick barrages

If Nero ever got Devil Arms, they could do some amazing stuff with them. Could even just make it so Devil Knuckle is something he uses when he isn't using Red Queen.

Would people riot if Vergil had a style that mimicked V's? Not directly controlling them to the same degree as V, but just appearing like knuckles for Nero?

So from the start, Dante didn't want Nero to carry the burden of killing his own family, and he goes to the point of insulting Nero to keep him away from it. Man, Dante really needs therapy.

youtu.be/ySY5YMoBp7c
is that the price to pay
FOR POWER?

Having something new for Vergil would be good so I'm open for anything.

You can be a horrible, maniacal psychopath and still be a likable character OP.

Case in point.

Attached: He was right.jpg (825x464, 49K)

Most of the trauma was not only in losing mom, but in believing that Dante got an easier life. You can see this with Urizen. He wrongly believes that Dante has never suffered and lost anything. Vergil thinks that Dante had the easy life, saved by mom, then got to live most of his life with nothing bothering him, while Vergil was constantly on the run from Mundus' minions. That's where the want to beat Dante comes from, so that he can prove to himself that he's better then him. Combined with Dante always stealing things from him and their constant fighting even before things turned out the way they did. Vergil thinks that Dante is why his happy life keeps getting stolen from him. He must be able to beat Dante to prevent him from taking everything away. Beating Dante means having a happy life, in his mind.

Perhaps Doppelganger style can do that in addition to summoning a clone? It would make Vergil incredibly intimidating if you could summon a semi autonomous Shadow and Griffon while rapid slashing and judgment cutting. It would also highly complement the Concentration meter from 4SE as you'd stand back while they take point and build and then close in to shred.

>Vergil shown any concern about Dante besides beating him
vergil shows concern for dante in 3, only when he falls to fight mundus, but then he starts blaming dante for everything when it was his fault in the first place. Even after he came back he never shows any concern for dante.

We go from Devil May Cry to Devil Never Cry to Devils Cry huh?
Neros last line feels more like a statement, answering 3 question, Devils Cry.

He doesn't show concern. In his own words fighting Arkham:

>You don't really think that HE'S worthy of the main event, do you?

He has as much of a reason to go after Arkham as Dante. And Dante dying to anything other than by his hand would be spoiling the satisfaction he'd get.

Just like Vegeta and Goku.

WE DONT
DMC5 Virgil is a mere shell of his former self.
DMC5 virgil is a self obsessed man child who cant get over the past and that Dante is stronger than him.
Even Dante gets sick of his shit and decide to finsih him off once and for all.

DMC3 Virgil came off as the cool older brother who likes to pick on his little bro,but loves him deep down.

V ironically was the best thing to happen to Virgils character and sadly he was nothing more than a throwaway for him to be revived.

V is cooler than Virgil in DMC5
V even has a little bit of Virgils swag in his mannerism and taunts,but has none of the pathetic man baby personality

Yeah but doing that same shit again is what makes him pathetic as a chracter and just makes him a sore loser

Attached: ...... dont fuck around.jpg (314x480, 18K)

>Virgil
Opinion discarded.

oh boy a power-hungry demon said it so it must be true

not to mention how convincing he sounded when he said it oh wow

Kind of. Vegeta's issue is that he can't get over himself and the idea of the royal line of saiyans and being bested by a low class idiot. I would guess part of that trauma would be compounded with losing their home planet by Freeza. But Vegeta knows he has a happy life otherwise and it's just a matter straight out of pride. Vergil's are mostly from trauma and he uses pride as a cover.

did you miss the whole part with him sitting his ass down inside the tree sucking up all the power from the human blood that got collected?

Dante = Goku
Vergil = Vegeta
Nero = Trunks

>the combat was generally this simple
>still enjoyed the game

I start to think there's something wrong with me then I just remember that Yea Forums hates almost everything.

You can enjoy something even when it's flawed
As long as you acknowledge it's flaws then it's all cool.

I only like XV because of shirtless Gladiolus

shit nigga ur right

Attached: tobeornottobe.gif (459x459, 2.6M)

It does kind of work. The second that Nero found out that Vergil was his father, he wanted him to acknowledge him. The same way that Trunks wanted it from Vegeta.

>Vergil gets his shit kicked in by Nero
>Huh, this is a new feeling. Pride in someone else. Unfortunately it's overshadowed by all this UNYIELDING RAGE

>deadbeat dad
>mommy issues
Why is there so much projection when it comes to Vergil? You fags are either jealous, hyperbolic, retarded or flat out wrong.

I like his go get em attitude towards ultimate power

Attached: 788B2E3B-88DD-4D61-A9C6-19972E5B7BB6.jpg (600x904, 57K)

I meant at the end when he wanted dante to stay in the human world by slashing his hand, that's the only scene that shows his concern for dante.

Maybe. But I more view it that Dante made his choice to be vigilant against the demons there, and he was holding Dante to it. While he obviously wanted to go be a demon.

If you really think that was concern then you are delusional
He was at that point still full on"I don't need anyone else" mode
He wanted Dante to live so he could beat him one day. He wants to rub it in his face after he defeats him, not kill him.

Dude. The game flat out says that Vergil is a deadbeat dad. Nico writes it on the reclear picture for that mission after you beat the game.

>Implying Vergil isn't the same autist as he was in three
You're just too retarded and blind to see.

Attached: 1542830808297.png (500x500, 57K)

He is though, Dante has the role of Nero's dad. Dante was the one looking out for Nero. Dante was the one who told V to get him out. Dante was the one who saved him from Urizen. Dante was the one who wanted to protect him. Dante is the rightful father, and you can't tell me otherwise.

happy tears because dante and vergil can begrudgingly hang out together in Nico's tardis van. I hope we get a multiplayer game like bayo 2 with the sparda bros

>Dante see's Vergil's tree chair powers
>"You cut off your own son's arm for this?"

Attached: crazy.jpg (540x617, 77K)

Surprised neither Griffon nor Nero were called Feather Face.

Attached: D1tdiuGUYAAGenG.jpg (571x704, 56K)

Read note of naught the supplementary material that released with dmc 3, it explains it more in detail. It's exactly what I wrote there.

>DLC after BP, first is Dante and Vergil in hell. Get to play the first 2 missions as either Dante or Vergil, someone else plays the other. Mission 3 is Vergil, Mission 4 is Dante, can see each other in the other level. Mission 5 is back to both, but ends in a boss fight against Mundus, who they find out is the reason they can't open any gates out of hell. Vergil tells Mundus that he better let them go so he can see his son.

Is it just me or is Nico's van like in it's own pocket universe. I swear that shit is like the tardis, it's x10 bigger on the inside than out.

I guess Lil Chickee was just that much more insulting.

>He killed millions!!!!11!!

Yes duh no fucking shit. He did it to save thousands though. Anyone else would have done the same.

Yeah, it's a small van outside and a large RV inside.

>killed millions
>to save thousands

kek

its her devil trigger. We'd better get a nico dlc where we can style over demons with the van

It even has a damn shower. Oh which Lady and Trish can't stop using. Why didn't we get Nero in shower, fucking dirty son of a bitch.

Only more evidence that it's a demon. She did more then just 'fix it up' when they bought that rundown van. If she could make an artificial devil arm in Dr. Faust, she can turn a Van into a Devil Arm as well. That's why the Van is a character.

That would be great. Hope they take some notes from Platinum on their giant angel bosses, though. Savior was neat but is boring on repeat playthroughs, but most bayo bosses are still crazy even when they're the size of skyscrapers.

If Griffon was around he would have totally called Nero a chicken as payback.

Sometimes good people have to let others die.

Attached: stalin.jpg (350x520, 30K)

The van also does all sorts of flips and turns, and all the shit is still in place. It's clearly demonic magic.

Nero stopped having good hygiene because of Dante's influence.

Actually all he did was sit around waiting for the tree to bear fruit and the tree is a apparently just som cyclical underworld phenomena.

Attached: 1536952143434.png (900x900, 79K)

Read the post he's replying to brainlet. We're literally talking about the tower from DMC3.

the same blood that was pumping urizen, made the tree lash out at the humans

Vergil didn't kill a single person in any of the games.

Nero is squeaky clean around Kyrie. He swears frequently around Nico and in combat, but scolds Nico for using the b word around Kyrie.

Attached: 1551388203469.png (900x900, 31K)

My nigga, this is exactly what I thought would happen considering the way V crumbles like how Mundus did. I'm not disappointed since there's for sure going to be dlc but I thought 100% Mundus would be the big bad reveal rather than Vergil again

So technically now Vergil is stronger than Mundus and Dante is stronger than Sparda

user DMC3 was ther first encoutner since child hood.

We dont know what Vergil and Dante were like as children aside from them getting into fights a lot which is normal for siblings sometimes