DS>>>>>>>>>>>64

DS>>>>>>>>>.

Attached: Super-Mario-64-DS.jpg (1024x879, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RtrFjqoimcc
pastebin.com/raw/1AP7Fb23)
origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=689&pid=5085#pid5085).
youtube.com/watch?v=64_HusrPqVY
youtube.com/watch?v=0NA_Nq7oZZU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's objectively better, but new thing bad

ds on 3ds >>>>>>>> 64 >>>>>>>>> ds

DS version was pretty sweet

If there wouldn’t have been character gimmicks, and Wario was given long sleeves, then yes.

Improved character models, inferior graphically otherwise

it has worse physics than 64

Nice lack of analog movement my bro. Truly objectively better.

This

is the same shit

>ds on 3ds
Still suffers from the 8-directional movement.

youtu.be/RtrFjqoimcc

Except the controls, the most important part of SM64, were dogshit in DS.

You stupid fucking idiots.
The 3ds pad does not magically reprogram the game to support 360 degrees of movement.

>we'll never again be able to play as Wario in a mainline Mario game

Attached: il suicido.jpg (680x520, 27K)

Wario played like ass in DS.

And Wario has been playable in more mainline Mario games than Waluigi has, Redditor!

Attached: 1552246099628.png (512x512, 112K)

nobody mentioned waluigi

I don't care, if i can't have anymore Warioland I just want more Wario in Mario games

Brainlet

*ahem*
FUCK TOAD
FUCK NABBIT
FUCK ROSALINA
AND FUCK TOADETTE

Attached: wario.png (220x264, 71K)

zoom zoom

FPBP

Attached: Opinion Flowchart.png (361x281, 8K)

DS is objectively shit

How the fuck could you defend 8-directional movement and luigi being incredibly overpowered

based

Well yes, it is the 'new thing' compared to 64, therefore it's bad.

>8 directional movement
are you retarded?

Attached: MrGSfMI.jpg (1600x900, 151K)

dude just don't play him lol

no, it's objectively worse because they crippled he movement, you know, the one thing 3D Mario excels at.
How come speedrun autists play 64 still?

post your high scores, fellow autists.

Attached: IMG_20190308_192832.jpg (3006x4822, 2.54M)

Same reason they play ZOOT instead of ZOOT3D

>How come speedrun autists play 64 still?
Because Old = Good, New = Bad

or
360 directions of movement = good, 8 directions of movement = bad

Just map your controller's analog stick to the touch screen in a DS emulator.

controls: 64 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ds
everything else: ds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 64
ds with full analog stick support would be the definitive way to play the game.

it doesn't work. The game is hardcoded for 8 way movement.
It's literally unplayable.

>D-Pad Control for a game meant to be used with analog stick
Legitimately one of the worst remakes I've ever played
>inb4 just use a 3DS
Anyone who unironically says this is a retard that doesn't understand how vidya and programing works.

Copythis (pastebin.com/raw/1AP7Fb23) into a text file called "Super Mario 64 DS (E).cht" and put it in the RetroArch cheats folder. Start the game with DeSmuME and load a save. Load the cheat file, turn them on and then apply. Under the core options change "Pointer Mode for Left Analog" to pressed. You should now have analog controls.

I found this(origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=689&pid=5085#pid5085). It forces the virtual joystick to stay centered at all times. The graphic joystick will still move around but it affects nothing. There's a cheat for the US version but I don't know if it's for 1.0 or 1.1.

I set the screens to quick switch and it feels like what the game should have been. Since the touch screen is pressed all the time you can't navigate the bottom screen menus anyway but this doesn't really matter once you've loaded the save. I've had no issues playing otherwise. With this analog hack, increased resolution, and texture filtering, the biggest flaws the DS version had over the original are gone.

Make sure "Emulated Pointer Deadzone Percent" is set to 0 in the core options or the full analog range won't be used and the camera controls will end up getting pressed.

How do I unlock Waluigi?

If wario was usable in any way it would be objectively better. Buff wario

youtube.com/watch?v=64_HusrPqVY
here you go bud

Or I can you know, just play the 64 version.
The horrible controls absolutely ruin the game but even with that fixed the remake still isn't particularly good
>Forced to play as Yoshi for the first part of the game
>Wario is borderline unplayable with how slow and super short his jumps are
>Luigi breaks the game to the point you may as well be playing God Mode
>Hat system where certain power-up and stars relegated to certain characters slows down gameplay and makes it more repetitive
>None of the new levels/stars added are particularly good except for the bosses to unlock Mario and Luigi
It's just not a very good game that just sort of takes the initial concepts of the original game and somehow makes it worse. The only thing that was improved is the graphics but just about everything else is worse off.

Just use the thumb stylus

Attached: 157FE263-B2EA-4390-B113-7A0E3865ED03.jpg (800x600, 43K)

Only retards actually think this. More stars were cool but shitty controls, even on the circle pad and overall useless characters (Yoshi and Wario) bring it down. Lots of cool ideas but the best character to play is usually Mario, or if you want to completely break the level design, Luigi.

They really dropped the ball with Wario

>Slower and less mobile
>His gimmick of being stronger doesn't matter when enemies are sparse and easy to deal with

This. His only purpose is to break the black bricks.

Ignoring the obvious control issues, the new levels suck and splitting the cap power ups between the new characters (none of which are as satisfying to control as Mario) is a cumbersome annoyance. Low resolution AA-less DS graphics always look like shit.

>Wario is still slow but has normal jumps
>New gimmick is that he can charge a shoulder bash which causes him to run at great speeds which can hurt/push certain enemies
>Duration and speed depends on how long is charged
>When fully charged can do a super long jump which is the farthest long jump of any character
Would that make him better?

Anything is better than what he was

Let me rephrase it: Would that make him worth playing?

Better. The problem with the dash/long jump is the same problem Luigi had, which is that levels were designed and balanced around Mario. But at least he might be fun to play with those.

I'd also consider some kind of coin gimmick

This, everyone mentions the controls but this is the thing that fucks with me most, it just makes the game not nearly as fun.

I'd consider the physics part of the controls, but yeah. You have far less control of your character while they're in the air in DS, and they added that horrible sticky wall jump from Sunshine.

I wish more remakes/remasters/what have you took 64DS's approach. Sometimes what people really want is an excuse to revisit an old formula, but publishers seem unwilling to meet that demand unless it's a straight port/graphical update with zero new stuff to add to the experience.

>Man, this wall jumping system sucks! I really wish I had to hit A the split second Mario hits the wall and risk dying/falling to the bottom of the level if I fail!

They can be considered the same but every time I see someone mention the controls they only bring up the d-pad and run button and shit.

I prefer it that way personally but the real issue here is that you now have to cling to the wall before wallkicking, it just makes it way too slow in comparison to the original, it's not fun.

The new wall jump makes you lose all momentum, making fast movements like this impossible
youtube.com/watch?v=0NA_Nq7oZZU

based