Dark Souls is a japanese game bro

>Dark Souls is a japanese game bro

Attached: disappointed_dino.jpg (215x183, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mockbuster.fandom.com/wiki/Dinosaur_Adventure
youtu.be/brLqiYj5lQw?t=126
youtube.com/watch?v=hCKQP9IHHcA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't get it

yee
how the fuck did that silly video become a meme

Name a better JRPG than Dark Souls

Dark Souls is a WRPG made in Japan.

Dark Souls isn't a JRPG

It's a Japanese RPG by definition.

>characters in western shows play world of warcraft
>characters in anime play dark souls
heh

you are completely missing the point

JRPGs have to be turn based, otherwise it is just a ARPG

Cope
Just about you're a weeb like the rest of us, after all you play japanese games :^)

xenoblade2 is an action rpg then?

you have absolutely no idea how bad the dub is for native speakers.
everything about the movie is horrible, plus a few local e-celebs made videos about it so it spread.

imagine a movie dubbed by the thickest mexican accents, drawn by the guys who made the galo sengen video but with even less budget with the script written by tommy wiseau

So Dark souls is a JARPG?

yes

>imagine a movie dubbed by the thickest mexican accents, drawn by the guys who made the galo sengen video but with even less budget with the script written by tommy wiseau
sounds like pure kino

No.

>game made in japan
>isn't japanese
I bet you think Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime too

Dark Souls isn’t even an RPG but then again neither are JRPGs so who cares

Bloodborne

It’s much more of an action game than an RPG.

What point? Saying Dark Souls is a WRPG is about the dumbest thing someone can say.

you trying to say the animation in galo sengen is bad?

>imagine a movie dubbed by the thickest mexican accents, drawn by the guys who made the galo sengen video but with even less budget with the script written by tommy wiseau

uuuuuuuuuhhhhh

where to cop???

Sounds like Kino™

Dark Souls is more of an RPG than The Witcher 3 and Mass Effect though.

Not at all.

Bluudbornu

Attached: IMG_0947.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

Yeah, it is. Its made in Japan and just because it has real time combat doesn't make it western. It has bosses and stat growth that actually matters, two big Japanese hallmarks, western devs are terrified of the PC not being able to get 100 of every stat, and boss design is just outside their understanding entirely. Also, most of the weapons and armor are fairly normal plate mail, normal looking swords and spears etc. Not only do western games never ever feature polearms, western devs are repulsed by believable, traditional weapon designs and have to make everything Ashen Scar of Verdict Daedric Judgment Blade. So its pretty Japanese.

Yes it is, dialogue options ≠ role-playing. The average souls game allows for much better and more comprehensive role-playing than both the aforementioned games.

No

When and what show? I bet it's sol shit anyway but I'm still curious.

I made Dark Souls

>dialogue options ≠ role-playing.
Not wholly yes, but it is an extremely vital part of roleplaying
Dark Souls is pure combat so you don't really "play" your role outside of whacking the enemy with whatever suits your fancy.

T. Vaffanculo di Stugats

This meme has always been funny as hell to me.

I mean, it’s clear the west can’t make good games anymore, literally every single western game in the last decade has been garbage, of course westcucks would try to steal Japanese games, what else they have? The Division? Assassin’s Creed? Call of Duty?

lmao

back to the italian thread bro

Prey was good though.

i'm saying the movie is "animated" by blind retards on a budget of stale bread and murky water.

mockbuster.fandom.com/wiki/Dinosaur_Adventure
youtu.be/brLqiYj5lQw?t=126

it's the english dub, which is still not as bad as the italian one for certain characters, but it should give you an idea

literally had to google the fuck stugats is.
it's written "sto cazzo"

Nah, it was average.

>>I mean, it’s clear the west can’t make good games anymore,

Attached: 1551642412085.jpg (1753x1200, 176K)

Nah.

If Dark Souls was a WRPG it would have lootboxes and season passes, so no, sorry.

>Dark Souls is pure combat so you don't really "play" your role outside of whacking the enemy with whatever suits your fancy.
100% entirely false, not only does what you do in quests matter (not just picking Yes/no from a menu mind you), but there is a lot more meaningful gameplay differences between a pyro build and a dex build than between any possible set of builds in TW3 or ME.

Attached: file.png (960x1250, 475K)

>average

In this day the average game is bottom of the barrel junk. It's a bit above that

>If Dark Souls was a WRPG it would have lootboxes and season passes, so no, sorry.
Witcher 3 did not.

>it's written "sto cazzo"
Thanks.

Attached: 1452716066069.jpg (227x225, 6K)

>le 2D indie game
Cringe, is this 2012 or something?

Witcher 3 is the exception to the rule, also Witcher 3 is an eastern european slavic game, can’t take credit for that amerimutt, sorry.

>drawn by the guys who made the galo sengen
Gal-o is a national treasure

Attached: 1521721282351.webm (640x480, 1.81M)

Is there a joke I'm missing here?
Dark Souls was made in japan... by japanese people...

>>Witcher 3 is the exception to the rule,
took you one single post to backpedal

Not a WRPG, cope.

It's the best immersive sim yet.

>Witcher 3
>not a western RPG
Shit bait.

>combat is derived from Zelda and Monster Hunter
>world layout and level design derived from Metroid and Castlevania

Why do people pretend it's Western? Because of the setting? Because of leveling up and stat allocation, which has been common in Japanese games for decades?

i really liked prey tho, only real complaint i have is the long load times between areas and the combat going on the easy side on the later half of the game, and i assume in my case was because i'm a massive autist and scavenged literally everything i could so i always had max medkit/psi hypo and stockpiled the skillpoints

youtube.com/watch?v=hCKQP9IHHcA

Pollacks are and always will be second world subhumans and not westerners.

>100% entirely false, not only does what you do in quests matter (not just picking Yes/no from a menu mind you)
You are over exaggerating this by a lot. These are not quests outside some of the ones in 3 they are boring dialogue dumps that act as characters. Most of the time the way you progress in the "quests" listen to all their inane dialogue.
That is not roleplaying and most of the time you are unaware of what to do even after your 3rd playthrough.
>differences between a pyro build and a dex build than between any possible set of builds in TW3 or ME.
Again, over exaggeration. Even though Dark Souls has more variety most of the time there are only 3 real classes. Magic, Sword and Board, and exotic weapons + Greatsword.

Eastern European RPG, cope harder mutt, go back to Anthem and The Division 2.

yee

>Eastern European RPG
Those don't exist.

>people UNIRONICALLY think "JRPG" is a genre rather than a designation

jesus fuck. RPG genres include turn-based, command-RPG (think FFXII or Xenoblade), action RPG, strategy RPG, more I'm probably forgetting, and hybrids thereof.

JRPG and WPRG aren't genres any more than "Fantasy RPG". Things like country of origin, setting, etc. have nothing to do with the actual genre of gameplay.

So Dark Souls is a Japanese action RPG, i.e. an action game with stats, builds and levelling. So yes, it's a JRPG. Just as the Witcher is a Polish RPG and Mass Effect is a Canadian RPG.

Ever heard of Gothic? Of course they exist, they have always been their own thing, separare from western cancer.

Japan and Eastern Europe make the best RPGs, the west makes open world garbage and looter shooters.

Poland is literally easters europe stupid mutt.
I know you ignorant retards think yurop is one magical country with a few foreign languages and the brits but it's not, people can have completely different cultures just a few miles appart.

this

But most of those games are trash. Especially Gothic

Bloodborne.

Technically flawed but soulfull like most esstern RPGs.

>nerds arguing about semantics
it's a jrpg, period.

Attached: 1469147962055s.jpg (125x121, 3K)

dark souls isn't an rpg at all, it's an action game retards

Dark Souls was made by Japanese devs

therefore it's a JRPG.

The Witcher 3 is not an RPG.

Each country has a culture and style that shapes how the game turns out. Despite Dark Souls having elements and fashion from western history/mythology, its themes and style are still very japanese.

>any animation made outside of Japan, regardless of how closely it imitates the style, cannot be anime.
>but a wrpg made in Japan can be a wrpg.

You all love the Japanese huh?

but it is.
anime doesn't have to be made in japan

No, because it's a JRPG

Action RPGs were popularized in Japan so wouldn't those be jrpgs too technically? Tactical RPGs too.

It's neither. Dark Souls is an action rpg (made in japan but this part is irrelevant)

Dark souls is japanese get over it already

This. Even the portrayal of religion in Soulsborne as a whole borrows heavily from Shinto beliefs.