This game is great, gives me nostalgia from playing Fallout 3 in my teens

This game is great, gives me nostalgia from playing Fallout 3 in my teens.

Attached: The-Division-2-early-reviews-1099133.jpg (590x350, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/jv28l
youtube.com/watch?v=F1U0qvtQnE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it takes place in D.C, right?

And it's post Apoc

>playing Fallout 3 in my teens

Hey, grandpa.

The first underground entrance i found reminded me alot of fallout 3's subways.
I reacted with a big ass sigh as soon as i seen it.

>you now realize there is no nuclear winter fallout like division 1;s atmosphere

>Clothing is now on the cash shop

FUCKING UBISOFT

Clothing was on the cash shop before, too. They just no longer throw quite as much at you as they did in the first, but you can still find enough ingame.

Wheres my AMD CODE YOU FAGGORS

>Fallout 3
>Teens

You're too goddamn young. You need to go back.

AMD said they already shipped all of them. Good luck.
Fallout 3 was over 10 years ago

I'm 23
10 years ago user

23 is pretty young

>40GB patch
>shit internet
This is going to take forever, what the fuck needs 40GB worth of patches

It sucks that there hasn't been any glaring flaws with the game. Played it for about 5 hours and got no framerate drops, the matchmaking worked fine, the game doesn't scream at you to buy microtransactions. It's 2019,the year of broken games for fucks sake. I wanted to hear reports of it setting people's houses on fire and pissing on the corpses to laugh at it.

It's ok, mostly due to some of the design decisions that every tard seems to think makes the game somehow have deep builds when they're mostly just annoying.

Division 1 wasn't nuclear winter, just normal winter in New York.

I think a few things are just desperate attempts to shake up the meta after 1.

winter aesthetic was what really made the game enjoyable for me the last game, it was also funny remembering the little lineup at the beginning.
I hopped on all betas and nothing seem to have caught my eye so this is definitely a skip for me

>grandpa
Get a load of this guy. I played it on second year of uni.

It definitely shows because they're outright just unfun or pants on head retarded.

intro was cool albiet short as fuck

the opening movie is still cringe as fuck

game is solid though

Attached: 1552150327511.jpg (1200x1200, 167K)

I got my fill of that in survival, if I never see a snowflake in TD again it's still too soon.

Nice to hear user. I'm purchasing this game today. I enjoyed the beta and I think I'll like this one. Seems like overall people have good things to say about the game. How did you find the character creator?

How old are you? I ll be 30 this summer. That's 12 years on Yea Forums. inb4 you are 24

Ubisoft has perfected the formula of perfectly bland, inoffensive products.
It's like McDonalds assembling cheeseburgers. It's not horrible, just bland. And you know exactly what you're about to get when you buy one.
>food analogies

And they keep those hamburgers fresh too. Ubisoft seems really good at supporting their games.

The audio is really bad. streamable.com/jv28l

It's probably a muzzle attachment that makes it sound weird.

I heard u can fix the audio issues by turning off Dolby in game or something like that.

I am getting bored of the loop and enemies being thrown at you. Though I've never been into looter shooters ever since trying borderlands 1 and proceeding to be bored by its sequel, Destiny 1 and 2, and division 1. I have fun in Diablo because of how quick and painless the loop is. In a shooter you're limited by the constrains of being a shooter so any interesting effects are thrown out the window.

Attached: unf.jpg (1200x675, 61K)

reading comprehension

Every fucking gun in the game that isn't yours is quiet. A firefight sounds like a whisper when you're not shooting.

The voice acting is really phoned in and you can always hear them just reading from a script in a monotone manner

That was really the only thing that bugged me about the game, outside of missions there's no music at all which does feel kind of empty.

>AMD said they already shipped all of them
FUCK

Is it possible you just have poor pattern recognition?

good enough to create a decent char.. it's no waifu simulator.. I spent like 15 min in it maybe

Tom clancy games have always had really shitty voice acting. Ghost recon advanced warfighters was hilariously bad.

Wtf does fallout has to do with it?

Someone at Ubisoft came up with the bright idea that mods should have a positive/negative "balance". Instead of just not letting mods get to the ridiculous level they could in TD1, now we get foregrips that give a plus to accuracy but negative to stability along with iron sights that increase reload speed on mag fed weapons but reduce critical hits.

Shills trying to play off nostalgia

It's a post apocalyptic shooter/RPG in Washington DC.

What's the Yea Forumsverdict? Is it better than TD1?

Too early to tell. Those games are about the endgame, the previous story and leveling can be meh so long as the part afterwards works.

>game is pro gun
Any other games that do this?

Nah

Splinter cell has always been fine. I think everything else has just been very bland.

I think if you're making a looter shooter based on real world weapons you'd be stupid to alienate the gun crowd. Ubi still are liberals

It's more like I can predict too well what's coming. Repetitive games are labled not because you do the same thing over and over, but becausr you know what you'll be doing before it's happened. Like events where you activate an objective in these games are 70% likely to become a defense objective next, or how the design flow is way too predictable with it's enemy placements and objective choices.

Attached: 1544410645488.jpg (1024x768, 66K)

It's more like that you keep playing games of a genre you know you dislike.

Attached: 1455174462651.jpg (856x480, 43K)

I got this "free" from AMD but I still haven't downloaded it.

Is it fun/playable single player? None of my friends are interested in it.

Most stuff until the endgame is just fine singleplayer, and then you usually matchmake with randoms.

Do you think it's worth it in your honest opinion? I know it's a dumb place to ask, in a fucking thread about the game, but still.

I have a ton of games in my backlog, would you recommend playing TD2 over them if I'm just gonna play the story and then stop?

Don't buy it.

Are enemies still bullet sponges?

I got it for "free" as I said above. It's literally a matter of downloading it.

Yes

In that case go for it. Worst case scenario you don't like it and uninstall.

Yes and no. Red and purples melt really quickly. Armored enemies are the bullet sponges to an extent. Each armor piece is individual (head, chest, arms etc) and once you destroy that piece of armor they fall quickly. Only other thing bullet spongey I've seen is named some of the name Hyena gang will take drugs mid fight giving them a health boost

How can you make a shooter that's not fun to play in A.D. 2019? What is Ubisoft's endgame?

Do you like looter shooters? It's probably the most graphically intense and complete AAA looter shooter on the market at the current time. In comparison to all other AAA titles in the past like 5 years it blows them the fuck out of the water alone in just terms of being an actual complete game. Partying with randoms is fun imo, and can be cool if you don't mind getting on VOIP. If you have a capable PC the game looks pretty damn amazing.

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-15-9-48-19.jpg (2560x1440, 669K)

mfw they limit screenshot filesize

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-15-9-49-40.jpg (2560x1440, 949K)

I'd like to imagine my PC is capable since the game came bundled with my GPU alongside RE2 and DMC5 which both run flawlessly.

I do quite like looter shooters, I'm just a bit apprehensive because I heard TD1 was pretty meh. Is it like BL where you have to group up with people in a hub, or like Destiny where you just bump into people along the way and can join up if you like?

Huh? The game is insanely fun. If the enemies died in a couple shots it would be boringly easy and your abilities would be pointless.

>would you recommend playing TD2 over them if I'm just gonna play the story and then stop?
Honestly, no. This is a game for 200+ hours or none. If you don't want to chase loot or pvp in the endgame, it's not worth it.

to be fair, I've found most of the clothing in the shop out in the game already. After a month of playing you would probably have everything.

I kinda wonder how they make money since there's no reason to buy any of the clothes. Weapon skins, maybe?

Enemies weren't bullet sponges in 1 either, your gear just sucked. I can take a Riker Heavy down with one mag.

There is a matchmaking playlist for various activities. You can also respond to sos calls in the field and send them yourself

They make money from people buying the game. It's not F2P.

Skins, emotes, and some store-exclusive clothes, I'd wager.

Sure, but TD1 DLC were paid; now they're free.

Shame it's not on Steam then.

On anything above story yes.

TD1 was good but had the same issue Destiny did. Where the endgame was "there" but if you didn't have a group of people to play with that you knew you were pretty much boned. The beta did a good job of showing endgame has been made easier since enemies are less spongy now. So you can do endgame with PUGs. Or at least you should be able to in theory.

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-15-9-56-5.jpg (2560x1440, 886K)

Yes

Alright, final dumbshit question then.

Is there any sort of exploration/is it fun?

Can I just fucking wander around like Fallout/Stalker and find random shits without following quest markers or whatever?

TD1 endgame was never hard, the only thing that made it insufferable were sweaties running around with the 100% metabuild, a cheat or two, shooting anyone who was obviously just exploring. TD2 will be no different and people are fucking stupid for thinking Ubisoft fixed any of the actual issues.

Anthem seems like a tech demo compared to it so far (content wise). The gunplay is solid and weapons feel/sound different from each other, so getting upgrades is nice (and happens all of the time). I'd say if you like 3rd person shooters then you can't go wrong with this one.

That's pretty much what I did the last 15 min while the servers are restarting. The amount of loot is at least doubled compared to the first. You can't walk like 10 steps without finding a stash to loot. It's not as linear as the first either so far from what I can tell. The map appears to be smaller overall but there's more alleyways and crannies to explore.

>SMG
>modded for 500rnds
>50rds/second
>FUN

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-15-9-55-41.jpg (2560x1440, 938K)

>fallout 3 was the first m rated game your mommy let you buy
Made it all the more better

Did they finally kill the chink spam

No. I play on US West but all the chats seem to be mashed together. There's Frenchies, and Germans, and bug people in chat.

so how come Metro needs fucking RAYTRACING for muzzle flashes to work properly and act as a light source also but Division 2 doesnt need it?

I wouldn't mind that, though server separated chat seems like it would be a must, I just want the endless wall of chinks advertising their shit help services gone.

Anyone else gets lots of blue screens during missions with other players?

Seems like it's the drone that's fucking up group games

>Implying I ever said it was fun
Yeah exactly like I said, sweaties running around being cock bags to anything that moved. Taking away the ridiculous mag size was a good idea, then they went full retard and made everyone squisher across the board so mag dumping smgs will still be the meta, only thing that might change is assault rifles might be a back up instead. Ubisoft didn't fix shit because the dark zone is still people who just want to run around and explore mixed with fags.

The dark zone is explicitly griefing central. That's the whole point. Don't like it, load up anti-meta and go hunt griefers.

>They totally fixed it!
>No they didn't
>T-t-thats just how it's supposed to be, completely change the way you wanted to play!
Fuck off

I'm not the guy you replied to earlier.

Look at the mechanics. They're explicitly to encourage griefing. If you're there to explore, you're the incentive for the griefers to play, and they're then the incentive for the rest of the PvP people. What do you think why they introduced stuff like rope cutting?

>gather loot at a higher rate, always have to be watching my back as I can't fight off more than 2 people
>meet up with others and blast rogues
I love the DZ. Don't know why people who don't like PVP cry about the PVP area.

Just don't go there?

I mean they had a point during the early day when the DZ was the only place to get good shit, but those days are long past, so really, if you don't want the risk, don't go there.
Took me a while to warm up to it, but now getting a good batch of caches out is definitly more fun than some mission the 150th time.

Not long left now. Hope i'll enjoy it.

Attached: division2.jpg (686x429, 53K)

>When you discover the Operator's corpse hanging like Jesus and the lights go out

Attached: 1550535516306.png (500x281, 146K)

>tfw speedlet and still 9h until the patch is done downloading

And it's done now. I feel bad for you though, i would have let you take your computer to my house and download the game if you lived near. I hope you'll enjoy the game user.

Attached: division2.jpg (678x430, 52K)

Can you play a sniper in this game or is it a more close combat machine gun/shotgun style? From videos it seemed like the latter.

I'm not hating it, but I do wish there was more active control over settlement building and upgrading.

Also, there's no storyline at all.

Also this weapon mod system is kind of miserable. And I'm not sure the Recalibration system is particularly intuitive, it takes a lot of button presses just to find out I have no mods that match the slot type of the one I want to replace. I would prefer if I could disassemble and store mods for later use, rather than having to make sure I have an item of the matching type, with the mod I want, in the slot I want, in my inventory at all times until I find an item that matches that type with the available slot to re-calibrate to or from.

Also, the group/co-op system is weird. I still wish I had the ability to meet or run across other players to group with them out in the world.

The guild system also seems kind of counter-intuitive because the search system isn't particularly verbose and there doesn't seem to be a way to see what guilds are like, what they do, or which ones might be worth trying to join.

Also, warning: At present there is a bug that makes ALL deployed skills (drone, turret, hive, seeker, shield, etc.) disappear and trigger a 15 second cooldown, and it seems to get worse with levels. There is no real fix for it, except maybe not using any gear with cooldown reduction, maybe.

Fuck, where did the time go

There are sniper rifles (marksmen rifles), and bolt-actions, but I'd say that like The Division 1, the 8x and 12x scope you use on them is kind of clunky and doesn't really feel like fluent FPS sniping does.

I would say that while it is possible to use and they can be gotten used to, the game is more balanced around Assault Rifles or close-up SMG or Shotgun use.

There are literally no classes until Lv30. Just pick what you prefer.

Hey me too user. I'm almost officially a wizard.

Attached: example-57770.jpg (1024x1024, 92K)

That's a good post user. I see what you mean. No story? Isn't the story told more through what you see and find in the world? And the game has just started so they'll probably expand a lot on the stuff.

Agreed on the group/co-op system. Never really figured out how it worked. The bug you mention will probably be fixed. Do you play on PC user? Want to be friends?

>First review for the game is from a hipster looking queer complaining that the story isn't political enough

Attached: 1551832863343.jpg (215x204, 6K)

>At present there is a bug that makes ALL deployed skills (drone, turret, hive, seeker, shield, etc.) disappear and trigger a 15 second cooldown
And here I thought I just wasn't pressing the right button, thanks user.

Attached: 1496038316798.gif (400x351, 980K)

Not talking about classes, talking about playstyle.
Thanks!

the game does? just use some capture software if so. there's plenty of options.

Shotguns are garbo though, if enemies are up in your face it's too late in 90% of combat instances and you're getting fucked.

>No story? Isn't the story told more through what you see and find in the world? And the game has just started so they'll probably expand a lot on the stuff.
What I mean by this is basically that when I played the beta, you were sort of just dropped in on the lawn of the White House, you walked forwards and shot a few enemies, and then you were in the White House and some guy was saying "This is you, you're the new sheriff in town. Go see what you can do in this settlement.", and it felt as if a big chunk of story was skipped (the who, why, how, and what led me to that place).

The issue is, the launch doesn't add any info to that. The real launch game has a cutscene in an unclear location that looks exactly like DC, where you walk forwards and a firefight breaks out and where some nameless person next to you says "Shit there's a distress call in DC, someone has to go." and then you're transported to the lawn where the beta opened. I'm not embellishing, that's literally what happens and there's no detail given.

And from there, sure you go around helping settlements and shit, but it's mostly just missions where I kill enemies and use their resources to upgrade settlements. There's no throughline narrative that strings them along or carries me from one zone to the other. There is no named bad guy, and I'm level 29 right now. There is no overarching threat or major goal other than "There's lots of factions of enemies out there. Take their territory away from them piece by piece."

That's what I mean by no story.

>The bug you mention will probably be fixed.
I don't doubt it, I'm just pointing it out because it has not been fixed yet, and some people are just starting, so they might wanna know.

>Do you play on PC user? Want to be friends?
I guess? I dunno man, I'm torn between this game and finishing my Athena 10 grind in Sea of Thieves.

>Shotguns are garbo though, if enemies are up in your face it's too late in 90% of combat instances and you're getting fucked.
This is probably true on the World Tiers, I've heard that the scaling is absolutely ridiculous and verging on unplayable.

Also, it should be noted that most mods and things that have Skill Power requirements are unusable as it is physically impossible to ever have the required stats at the level you get them. Level 30 mods require something like 3000 Skill Power to use, when you're lucky to have 800 by then,

>gives me nostalgia from playing Fallout 3 in my teens.

Attached: 1551888180345.png (199x199, 96K)

Well it's good to see something still holds over from the first. Shotguns were always shit, even the Showstopper was just acceptable.

>What I mean by this is basically that when I played the beta, you were sort of just dropped in on the lawn of the White House, you walked forwards and shot a few enemies, and then you were in the White House and some guy was saying "This is you, you're the new sheriff in town. Go see what you can do in this settlement.", and it felt as if a big chunk of story was skipped (the who, why, how, and what led me to that place).

I see. I do agree on that, it's the fucking white house. Where are the secret service, what about the bunker beneath the white house? So maybe we'll learn more hopefully.
>just transported to DC
You'd think you'd maybe get sent there earlier, seeing it is the white house after all, the most defended place on earth that's not a military base.
>And from there, sure you go around helping settlements and shit, but it's mostly just missions where I kill enemies and use their resources to upgrade settlements. There's no throughline narrative that strings them along or carries me from one zone to the other. There is no named bad guy, and I'm level 29 right now. There is no overarching threat or major goal other than "There's lots of factions of enemies out there. Take their territory away from them piece by piece."
I did hear the side missions and things you stumble upon are good though. But you are level 29, so you've experienced a fair share. In the beta i stumbled upon these "technological flashbacks". Are they here and there? Certainly would've liked to see them used more in the white house if not.

But if you want to be friends, just add me:
Quakecry

It's not even that their damage is bad, they have some of the highest scaling damage next to marksman rifles. It's just that the range is shit, they take ages to reload, and getting swarmed by enemies at point blank means you're not controlling the battlefield properly.

>I did hear the side missions and things you stumble upon are good though.
It's not that the missions are bad, per say. In fact, some of them are cool (the museum ones were pretty cool, shooting dudes in a planetarium, and in a big Mars room, etc.) but they don't contain any major story details.

I'd say the biggest "plot development" happens when A.) You rescue President No-Name. (Really. He's the President, and that means something in the world, but I don't know his name.) and then he tells you "Ok I'm sitting in the Oval Office chair now, let's do more stuff you've already been doing." and B.) When you do a mission to conned the SHD network, and there's this big cutscene where basically he just says "We're gonna keep doing good stuff, and kill anyone who gets in our way!" (basically verbatim), but as far as I can tell nothing in the game world has changed after that.

whats the cheapest price I can get this game at and where?

Well, we don't really know much about the state of the world..What remains of the military and general population, what have happened to the submarines, international space station, carriers, destroyers and so on that would still have crews on them. So i suppose it does make somewhat sense that there simply isn't enough resources to deploy a MEU (Marine Expeditionary unit) or the military to protect the place.

I bought mine on cdkeys. Think that's the cheapest.

Honestly the plot in looter shooters is irrelevant. Wasting time on some big story when nobody cares since they're just going to be grinding the end-game over and over isn't worth the effort and it's where most of them have gone wrong. What you should be putting time and money into is cool and memorable set pieces, and so far the game has really impressed me with this.

youtube.com/watch?v=F1U0qvtQnE8

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-14-21-17-49.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

Cheers, I wanted a new loot n shooter. Destiny 2 was bland, Anthem is shit.
I kinda enjoyed the first Division so maybe this will be alright.

Yeah i think you'll like this game. Overall impressions are good, nothing like Anthem or anything. If you decide to buy the game you can just add me:
And we can team up for stuff.

Nice, look forward to this.

I've never been a fan of those games but ended up with more than 100h in division 1 withtout any dlc, I just enjoyed the casual fun
I"ve experienced all the patches trying to bring variety to the smg / m1 meta but it was broken at its core
has it changed with d2? can you meaningfully specialize your character now, both with skills and items? if so I might buy it, I tried the demo, it plays much better than d1 because you just cant stay behind cover for ever, it runs fine but it doesnt have that cosy atmosphere of d1

>can you meaningfully specialize your character now, both with skills and items
Pretty sure this has been a huge focus in the game. When you finished the beta you could pick between 3 specialized end game characters, and they seemed to do different.

You'll also enjoy the Vietnam museum segment and when you find a fellow operator strung up like Jesus on the cross.

Post yfw he shows up.

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Screenshot 2019.03.14 - 10.37.37.89.png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

yeah well I understand if people arent at the highest level of grind yet , but I just want an opinion of someone who has played seriously and can tell me if there is some variety now
or if the game still heavily favours smg/assaut rifle just like d1.
I admit I didnt finish the beta/demo

>watches
Hunter? Nice. Love me some hunters.

Attached: Jk53KiJ.png (1280x720, 917K)

Did anyone reach the end-game yet?
All I want to know is what sets there are and if raids are good before I buy this game.

Is this supposed to be a hunter?

Attached: 1510005184276.png (500x475, 281K)

>My face when I have no idea what's fucking going on during this segment because I didn't play Div1

Attached: 1551810998312.png (1191x670, 1.37M)

>vietnam segment
Neat. Trying to make my character to look like he is in his 50/approaching 60. Probably some former military Colonel, but back at it to restore his country and keep whatever family he has safe. I guess a dude in his 50s could be fit enough to do what a division agent does. Too old for this shit and wants to get deactivated.

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-15-18-25-27.png (2560x1440, 3.98M)

If you want to give D1 another look, check the survival DLC. It's the best mode in the game by far.

I think you nailed why I don't like these types of games. Only Borderlands really manages to evoke any kind of fun for me, but even then it's limited. Destiny, Division, and their various ilk are all very predictable and downright repetitive at end game, but not in any way that lends itself to a dynamic experience.

For example, in vanilla WoW and earlier MMOs. You would run the same dungeons over and over at end game. This was a repetitive task. However, the loot was set in stone even if it was divvied out randomly. So once you got your good weapon from that place you were done. A lot of modern games have such incremental and meaningless upgrades that everything feels boring. Additionally you very rarely ran with the same class combinations and different people had wildly different gear and certain builds did different things so sometimes you could use different strategies. In Looter Shooters everyone is just some variation of DPS. Some DPS does a bit of healing and some DPS can take a few more shots before going down and some DPS have a turret they can summon, but at the end of the day you're all shooting things down as fast as you can.

Finally, back to the original point you made. It's all predictable. In an older MMO you knew what the boss was going to do and how to counter it, but different class combinations had different ways of handling certain mechanics so even if you've done the fight before, now you have a warlock, and things are slightly different. Or maybe this time you're playing the healer and have new things to watch out for. In Looter Shooters you just grab the best gun you've got, use your only ability as much as you can, and fire directly into the weak spot as much as you can. It doesn't matter too much if you're playing a Medic, a Ranger, a Heavy, a Sniper, an Engineer, or whatever class the game has because you'll do almost exactly the same thing on all of them.

God I hope we get survival and Underground back.

Underground kept the game fresh for me for a long time.

idk underground got old fast for me. There's like three objectives repeated infinitely and the map pieces are reused too much. The rare maps should've been much more common to keep variety up.
Though tactician + shock ammo was fun.

I never played online before, so no friends
How do I do the 8 man raids?
Do you talk thru headsets?

I just bought it today

If you're playing with PUGs, headset or text chat (if PC).
Once everyone knows the drill, you shut up.

PS4, I have a headset, but never used it, TB stealth 600

do you need to use one?

Would like to object here. Haven't played 2 yet, but electronics builds in 1 are sufficiently different that it's a wholly different playstyle. I sometimes spent entire missions not shooting my guns.

is this a controller game or a m+k game, serious question

On PC, 100% m/kb.

If 1 is any indicator, only for extreme endgame content, but there it's helpful unless everyone has been there before.

I had early access. got it on the 11th from gamestop preloaded installed. played as much as I could until today.

I Preordered Anthem also and play it. But this game may take most of my time. If you are on the fence about getting Anthem or The Division 2? Pick The Division 2 and wait for Anthem to get more content and drop in price then it will be viable to purchase and try it out.

Attached: WP_20190311_21_42_00_.jpg (712x987, 156K)

I'm on PC using a controller playing completely solo and I'm doing fine. Granted I have no choice because carpal tunnel.

Wird Tier 5 and sets are coming soon (not in the game yet)
Raids will also be added later

I also picked up the standard edition yesterday from gamestop. I preordered three of that one for my brother and two for my nephews. I will probably give it to them Monday.