2019... I am forgotten

2019... I am forgotten...

Attached: spec ops.jpg (640x400, 35K)

this is a pretentious as fuck game

What's wrong, too deep for you?

It's not really deep when the game berates you, the player, for something something to advance in the game

Was that game art? It tried to do something new with the genre.

The game never actually berates the player. It's your fault for assuming that it does. It was talking to Walker the entire time.

>The game never actually berates the player.

lol

WAH I BOMBED CIVIS AS I TRIED TO KILL THE ENEMY. WAH. ITS CALLETAL DAMAGE
WAH.

played this because of you faggots and its terrible

this is one of the few games that benefit from the just turn your brain off bro approach. playing the game from a defensive standpoint where you dissect the game every other minute and then complain when its delivery is restrictive and limited is nothing short of an intellectual ego stroke. yeah youre so smart that a game aimed at brodudes didnt get you. want a medal?

it was art imo. it really left its mark and is the patrician choice for fps games, the genre that is normally the lowest common denominatorfor vidya.

they aren't berating you for progress vis a vis progress. the game is berating you for the cost of your mission being fulfilled.

As it should be. It was FOTM / controversy bait anyway.

>fps
???

I thought this for a while but really they're just telling a story

But theres threads about it every day for the past week. Got even me to play it again, it's ok... The firefights are too ridiculous. But I like the overthetop violence and how in your face it gets that youre doing it to American soldiers instead of faceless arab mooks.

Attached: 20190308173036_1.jpg (2560x1440, 637K)

Attached: Spec Ops The Line Mortar.webm (853x480, 2.76M)

The people insecure over Spec Ops' plot spend more time thinking and whining about it than people who liked it.

Who?

>forgettable game is forgettabble
shocking aint it OP?

Attached: Spec Ops Konrad.webm (853x480, 2.75M)

Modern Warfare 2 is actually better deconstruction of vidya shooter than Spec-Ops. Only it went over people's head.

>your mission is to "kill civilians"
>you defended a burger joint instead of an important military or civilian installation
>the whole ops is to actually start a war, not end it

Are you a hero yet?

I don’t understand this game. I’m somehow supposed to feel bad about murdering sand niggers?

>forgotten
>people are whining about it since 2012 everyday

Your mentioning of Burgertown implies that Foley's rangers actually were there to keep the russkies from conquering a restaurant. I know that would have been funnier but there was in fact a VIP they were trying to protect.

first person shooters, user

Ronald

and the big baddie is an american in digicam

Brainlets still bitch about this game, OP. It isn't forgotten.

>It's your fault
This kind of guilt-baiting, emotional shit perfectly encapsulates the pretentious attitude of the entire game. The only thing that this game made me feel bad about was wasting my money by not buying something better.

Specs ops isn’t first person. More proof that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

It's first person but youre having an out of body experience.

>that period of time where Yea Forums jerked this game off massively for almost a year

Attached: 1552529112686.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

I wish the game was this pretentious

oh shit yeah, I must have written that reflexively. I, of course, meant third person shooter. I don't think I have abbreviated it to 3PS or TPS so I just wrote FPS by muscle memory.

>more proof
do you think I am op or another poster? That was my only post. Also, a typing mistake is not proof that the game is not substantial or worth while. Gotcha Arguments are toddler tier user.

And American soldiers.

I'm glad to see people still get mad about this game.

Everything makes people butthurt nowadays. I wonder if cavement were throwing shitfits at each other over cave poopsmear paintings.

This game had a fantastic soundtrack

First time posting on the internet? You should leave.

Why are you supposed to feel bad then?

There's absolutely nothing pretentious about it. It's a very simple story.

>gotcha on a grammatical technicality
wow, I know Yea Forums is full of losers, but this is cringe.

This game is trying so hard to be a deep movie or novel shit that forgot how to be a good game. It's not bad, i kinda like the story but gameplay-wise is repetitive as fuck.

It ripped off Heart of Darkness.

>play the game and love it
>years later come to Yea Forumseddit and see incels rage
lmao

>gotcha on a grammatical technicality
Who are you quoting? What are you even talking about?
You really don't belong here.

In all fairness I can think of a lot worse stories to rip off.

>forgotten
nigger Yea Forums just sperged out on this game for the nth time 7 hours ago

pretty sure its 1 or 2 discord pol trannies posting these threads several times a day

>People actually felt attacked playing this game

lmao its just a game nigga

>muh /pol/
>muh trannies
Christ, you are obsessed with boogeymen. Is everyone other than you a tranny? I bet you call everyone you argue with a tranny on instinct.

damn discords should go back to their tranny withthe restvof degerneates

Come on dude the AI isn't that bad.

and it has a classic theme too, without trying to reinvent the wheel, and doesn't grab the moraly high ground or try to preach too much. It''s really well executed and not pretentious. Kino game.

Good, only games with moral choices have good stories

>Ripped off
In literature and art it's usually called homage anons. We run over constant and seminal themes all the time in art, it doesn't mean it is necessarily bad unless it tries to present itself as the OG or the Real McCoy.

>muh war is hell
Heart of Darkness was just a rip off of the Illiad anyway

>konrad shoots you if you wait too long
>animation shows that you pointed the gun to yourself

or an homage, or its all derivative and crap and all culture is stolen from all other culture and why are we even arguing in a thread then?

The actual punchline is the rescue team choice in the epilogue, not the scene you mention.

Brainlet.

Meaning, if you shoot up the rescue team, then you are doing a post-game challenge and you are thus here strictly to play the game, pop some AI bots. Hence the story stuff shouldn't affect you since it shouldn't even register in the first place.
If you are complying with the rescue team, you treat interactive segment of the game as a cutscene, which means you are primarily here in order to see an interactive movie. Which means this game's story shouldn't affect you since it's about Walker, not you, behind the screen.

The only way the game's story has a chance to affect you personally is if you have these two: "popping some heads cuz fun"/"paying attention to sequences of events shown to you" is when you expect for the game to compliment you for the act of playing it, meaning, essentially, when you feel guilty for the very fact you play the game, and you compensate for that by treating it like Serious Business. That disposition is exactly what this deconstruction of "cinematic shooters" ultimately attack.

>if you have these two: ... mixed up

How is it pretentious?

It was berating the character, not you. It's a make believe story and it's criticizing the actions of the character. How do people not understand this?

you are either a shitposter or a genuine idiot of the drooling variety of you think the game was condeming you.
At worst the game was seeking to make you uncomfortable, that’s it. Don’t self insert where it’s obviously not intended you genuine retard.

>but this isn’t real

Some of the worst third person cover shooting I had to subject myself to due to the extreme shilling at release. Glad I pirated, would have had some serious regrets even for a single dollar.

the last segment is also an allusion to ptsd. the game has been throwing nothing but hostile (american!) enemies at and then you are asked to give your guns away by a marine in the same fatigues youve been mowing down for few hours. I was honestly contemplating at that part whether to lay down arms or gun them down because I was assuming they were hostiles trying to pull some kind of one last trick bad ending shit. really a great headgame that part.

If it gave you(the character) the option not to do said actions, this would make sense. Inb4 just turn off the game lmao

>i try using big words i dont know the meaning of: the post

Walker didn't want to turn back

And? Walker was questioning the reality of it all by the end of the game.
especially when all his hallucinations start to kick in. He even comment son it. Did you not play the game?