Epic is spying on your steam data

Epic is literally watching you play vidya and checking to see who you are friends with on steam.
resetera.com/threads/developing-epic-games-launcher-appears-to-collect-your-steam-friends-play-history-epic-responds-see-op.105385/

There are people who will defend literal Spyware.

Attached: Screenshot_20190315-105157~01.jpg (1080x859, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/
rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/15/epic-games-deny-spying-allegations/
pcgamer.com/epic-steam-data-reddit/
pcgamesn.com/epic-launcher-spyware
eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-15-epic-responds-to-accusations-its-launcher-accesses-steam-data-without-permission
old.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/eik27j8/
ekgaming.com/2018/12/10/the-epic-games-store-may-not-be-gdpr-compliant/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/steam.html#1
theverge.com/2014/2/17/5421054/valve-isnt-tracking-internet--says-gabe-newell
pcgamesn.com/steam-users-fortnite
androidcentral.com/epic-games-first-fortnite-installer-allowed-hackers-download-install-silently
forbes.com/sites/ryanwhitwam/2018/08/25/epic-games-has-already-exposed-android-users-to-unacceptable-fortnite-malware-risks/#2c78c114508c
theguardian.com/games/2018/aug/10/fortnite-on-android-phones-risk-malware-infections
time.com/5504428/fortnite-security-flaw/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/steam.html
reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/eijrgsm/
reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/eik9i8m/
steamcommunity.com/id/kittypurrr/
steamcommunity.com/id/wordpad/
metacouncil.com/threads/epic-game-store-spyware-tracking-and-you.766/#post-23922
twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1095515651832201217
lmgtfy.com/?q=monopolist
youtube.com/watch?v=yamxsOWgkmw&feature=youtu.be
isthereanydeal.com
infoworld.com/article/2979054/windows-7-8-10-now-all-collecting-user-data-for-microsoft.html
extremetech.com/computing/282263-microsoft-windows-10-data-collection
theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data
reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-cyber-surveillance/trump-signs-bill-renewing-nsas-internet-surveillance-program-idUSKBN1F82MK
epicgames.com/site/en-US/privacypolicy
unv.is/rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/15/epic-games-deny-spying-allegations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>retardera

>linking to resetera

Attached: 435346364.jpg (640x562, 32K)

no problem, I already deleted steam anyway

>epic response is literally "dont worry we aint spyin"
fucking chinks

I linked to the source where someone found it. Fuck off

Leave it to resetera to actually have breaking news while Yea Forums only gets the scraps.

5.1 Valve and its subsidiaries may share your Personal Data with each other and use it to the degree necessary to achieve the purposes listed in section 2. above. In the event of a reorganization, sale or merger we may transfer Personal Data to the relevant third party subject to applicable laws.

5.2 We may also share your Personal Data with our third party providers that provide customer support services in connection with goods, Content and Services distributed via Steam. Your Personal Data will be used in accordance with this Privacy Policy and only as far as this is necessary for performing customer support services.

link a different source or screencap it.
I ain't giving them traffic.

It's common place nowadays.
Facebook tracks phone contacts and even your GPS to see who you're interacting with in real life to reccomend you on facebook

Here you go you big fucking baby.
Install noscript or fuck off if you want more.

Attached: Screenshot_20190315-110031~01.jpg (1080x1710, 263K)

Do you have troubles with reading comprehension?

there's a difference between someone sharing your hardware data and a launcher stealing data from another program without your consent you chink retard

Every fucking site is shilling and doing damage control for Epic.

>rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/15/epic-games-deny-spying-allegations/
>pcgamer.com/epic-steam-data-reddit/
>pcgamesn.com/epic-launcher-spyware
>eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-15-epic-responds-to-accusations-its-launcher-accesses-steam-data-without-permission

But I'm sure fat fuck Jim Sterling will get down to the bottom of this, right?

How are they stealing public information?

>Jim sterling
>the man who just made a video on why steam is shit and you should switch to epic
They are all fucking shills

grubby chinks can't keep their hands to themselves

when you visit someone's house do you just go wherever you want as if you own the place?
if applicable or timely (reee technology), do you look through their address books?

because its not public if you set it to private, which the launcher bypasses by pulling it directly from your local files

They scan your steam install folder for data then encrypt it and place it in their folder waiting for you to give them permission to use it.

If they kept it open on the table with a sign that said "Feel free to look here" I might.

Maybe Steam should do a better job at encrypting that information on their end then, I doubt epic is the only company looking at that file.

>valve drones have accepted spyware
Cringe

well yeah the government is kicking me in the head but at least they arent spitting on me too

Epic is the only one doing it without your permission yeah.
Literally violates privacy laws.

6 4 89

FREE TIBET

WINNIE THE POOH

GREAT LEAP FORWARD

KILL PING LONG

>even resetera hates EGS
Pretty funny considering how bad Steam's rep is with the SJW crowd nowadays.

the "personal data" is referring to the opt in hardware survey you absolute retard

I didn't read their TOS myself, but I somehow doubt they don't have permission.

>It's not the thief's fault he robbed you, you should have installed better locks.

>Resetera trannies prefer Steam over Epic
goood to know

user was obviously sarcastic

Sure it is retard, im sure you work at valve to see what they are spying on exactly

A better analogy might be "I just let the guy in my house who said he was going to steal all my stuff and he stole all my stuff! WTF!"

Unless the explicitly ask to copy files from your steam folder, tos or not it's against the law

>no steam friends
>play only weebshit
Oooooh whatcha gonna do now Epic? That data is useless isn't it?

If that was the case every single software company in existence would be in violation; They don't copy any files; They build a new file based on the information found in that file which they likely inform you they're doing in the ToS.

It's shady and shitty and UE games launcher is atrocious, but it's not illegal.

>I just let the chink in my house and I said chink no chinking and he did anyway! WTF!
ftfy

That's why they even hyped and shilled the shit out of EGS at the beginning.

Saying no chinking would requite not installing epic games launcher, which if you're freaking out over this you must have.

>i looked a chink dead in the eye, and suddenly all my possesions are gone!
ftfy

When it comes to the users yes. But the user I replied to blamed Steam, and Steam didn't invite anyone anywhere.

>retarded half assed excuses from some autistic user on the internet that have nothing to do with anything
im sure they appreciate it

Chinese are nice people. Go fuck yourselves.

Steam did however leave this file apparently unprotected enough that anybody can just access the information in it; It's up to them to secure their own shit.

>I just want to autistic rage out over everything without ever bothering to even think about it.

>look guys, a world event is happening
>NO IT ISNT NO IT ISNT
>b-but it is?
>YOU MAD
there used to be an old phrase round these parts, "lurk more", designated to those who cannot properly communicate in threads
lurk more faggot

>this post
PFTFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 04e.png (500x750, 276K)

Attached: file.jpg (1780x4096, 1.7M)

>A computer program scanning files on your computer
>A world event

Can we stop pretending like every website(This one included) doesn't gather as much information as they're legally able?

Show me where Epic overtly says what it is collecting and that it would collect this specific data, otherwise it's the equivalent of going to court and saying "But your honor I muttered under my breath that I was going to steal all his shit and he didn't stop me, so it's fair game lmao"

>resetera
Fuck off.

Attached: 1547878308544.png (792x691, 299K)

Again, you're blaming the victim for being robbed instead of the thief.

>Epic Games Launcher
>website
you need to be 18 to post here

thanks for your valuable contribution to this conversation

Yea Forums is my favorite app.

I've just about had it up to here with these motherfucking slant eye chinks taking our goddamn jobs, breathing all our air and shitting on the white man and everything he cherishes. Are you listening to me, Cheng? Because i'm talking to you. I'm sick and tired of your ching chong nip wong bullshit and I'm gonna take it back, I'm gonna vindicate the working class, I'm gonna vindicate the white man. This is the time for me to kill and the time for me to die, my genocide crusade beings now. MAY DER FÜHRER ANOINT MY STEEL!

>why did Google and Facebook have to go to congress
>I dunno. Meme laws?

Well, what came out that? Facebook and Google legally collected every piece of information they have? The only gray area in those hearings were what they do with the data once it is collected.

Post a aceptable resolution next time faggot

I haven't read Epic's ToS, I can't say for sure that that kind of clause is in there and I don't care enough to dig through it for a Yea Forums post; but I very much doubt it isn't.

Looks like Steam is feeling threatened so they brought out the smear tactics.

Seems like the VP and Tim lied about what exactly they steal from the file

leddit link alert
old.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/eik27j8/

It's obfuscated on purpose even though the original file is plain text.

>resetera
kill yourself nigger faggot tranny

>but I very much doubt it isn't.
>Dude, trust me

Oh no, now they know what games I buy and who my friends are. My life is surely over.

>Yea Forums has become so contrarian that a large swathe of people on Yea Forums will defend corps scraping your files without your permission (and more than what they say they are for) and take the side of games journalists simply because resetera and reddit aren't anti-consumer retards for once

What the fuck happened to this place?

Don't trust me, I'm an asshole. Go read it for yourself and report back.

>he doesnt know
you're posting or resetera 2.0 RIGHT NOW

>store only has 40 games
>handful of them aren't even released yet
>zoomers install it anyway
>get datamined in the ass by nip nong ching chong

Attached: incanadamilkcomesinbags.jpg (961x864, 93K)

No, this is "I just let a guy in my house to perform a service and he stole all my stuff!"

brb i'm killing myself

you've got it all wrong partner, you werent here for the first 3 threads, there has always been chink shills on Yea Forums for many different reasons, but some of them are now damage controlling
either that or it really is a case of bootlicking gone too far, god bless america

Is this supposed to be surprising? Even steam is spyware. Every major storefront is spyware, this is why I don't use them.

>resetera

Attached: 1542570035838.jpg (425x283, 21K)

ToS don't mean shit, that's the company's way of removing liability it doesn't mean they told you they'd take this particular data and as such there is zero way a user can have prior knowledge that they'd take it. Ultimately making the analogy where the thief told you what he was going to do moot.

Jesus, Raimi

Yeah it really goes to show how bad it's gotten here when fucking retardera is more well informed than the majority of Yea Forums, isn't it?

Attached: IMG_0274.png (224x215, 72K)

>Steam records your data
>no one cares

>Origin/Epic record your data
>WTF TIANANMEN SHILL FUCK OFF I'M AVOIDING THIS STORE THIS IS EVIL

Attached: 1522104559040.gif (402x301, 45K)

>underage zoomers on Yea Forums dont understand it
>whine and shitpost in all threads
>meanwhile their passwords are getting sent to Pooh

Attached: website.png (663x661, 390K)

Everybody says this, but it seems like it lets them do whatever the fuck they want; Aren't we not allowed to perform class action lawsuits against steam?

The internet is not your safe space. Go cry somewhere else.

>Epic shills in full force

Attached: 1547563490894.png (875x367, 392K)

Truly a master of his craft

Imagine screeching about being spied on while using Yea Forums and steam (both of which are spyware).
>b-but epic!!!!
Yeah, this isn't surprising at all. It's why you should only buy games from places like GoG or just pirate them.

A TOS can't override laws you fucking dumbass armchair lawyer, this is at least illegal in the EU and Canada and maybe even US.

>reciting "Yea Forums lingo" in the complete wrong contest
he is the based oldfag, not you
these shitpost bots need repairing

>3 social credit points have been added to your reputation.

Steam scrapes data on your computer from unassociated programs and saves it in their program's files, claiming they totally won't access it unless you give permission?

>y-yeah we're not abusing it go--I mean guys don't worry we're based good guy Gaben here

>resetards against epic
Doesn’t surprised me why Yea Forums decided to shill for Ebin now

Then you're either a shithead nobody should invite into their house or trust for one second (epic) or being deliberately disingenuous to prove a shaky point. Either way it's hilarious that you would put that statement forward with confidence.

>>Steam records your data
>>no one cares
Do you mean the stuff like email and phone number that you explicitly give out or the hardware survey you explicitly opt-in?

So you admit to Epic being a pity excuse of a web store? I'll take it.

The surprising thing is that when Jimquisition was bashing Steam and praising Epic, NOT EVEN RESETERA AGREES WITH HIM FULLY.

You'd think they'd be slobbering his cock over it.

>meet some guy at work
>Facebook suddenly asks if I want to add him as friend
And nobody on Yea Forums ever gave a shit.

>Scrapes your Steam program data without your permission (accessing things in your profile that are set to private)
>Even though Valve provides an API for doing exactly this in a legal manner that requires your permission
>Claims they won't access it unless you give permission to link friend lists (even though the data they scape is a hell of a lot more than your friends list)
>Somehow Epic was able to know how many people who play Fortnite have Steam installed

Imagine actually defending Epic here and doing it non-ironically

Attached: 1489712864870.png (600x455, 194K)

C:\ProgramData\Epic\SocialBackup

Attached: 1523726721969.jpg (3072x2304, 1.74M)

The fuck your talking about?

Here's a thought, chink,
What if both suck, but one sucks more?

And your analogy is dumb. There's such a saying as "add insult to injury" for a reason.
But then, I wouldn't expect a chankoro insect to understand the nuances of the English language.
Hard to rote learn them.

Steam specifically says it takes your information and shares it with other companies in their ToS. Steam goes out of its way to find and store your information, like your address, phone number, name, and email which is a part of the ToS info.

Someone figured out that they don't even access any of the files for the friends import.

Everything is set up so they can steal all the data which includes owned games including even pre-orders which gives Epic a great deal of insight on Steam's userbase and inner finances, this is straight up corporate espionage.

Attached: 19231.png (750x415, 50K)

>Yea Forums having a job
>Yea Forums having friends
>Yea Forums meeting anyone

Attached: axiNi9D.jpg (514x488, 21K)

What if I don’t have steam?

That's literally what you're asking for when you use social media you stupid normie

>Steam goes out of its way to find and store your information, like your address, phone number, name, and email which is a part of the ToS info.
You mean the stuff you have to add in yourself, none of this even needs file scraping.

>Use social media
>Be angry when colleagues add you

Attached: 1547116798135.png (1000x1000, 2.07M)

I haven't said it wasn't. I use UE4 for gamedev and it's really bad from a general usability standpoint; I've never used the gamestore section, but if it's anything like the UE marketplace it's going to be a horrible experience.

I'm just confused as to why people are piling so hard on what seems to be pretty standard data collection.

>pretty standard data collection.

Scraping data from unassociated programs (which just so happens to be Epic's competition and data which is unrelated to the purpose they claim) is standard data collection?

back to >>r/gaming

>PhoenixPoint
I can't help but find it kind of funny how much shit this niche as fuck little following was able to dig up on Epic the moment they were all betrayed.

It's fine if it's a jewish company based in Anglo countries. Anglos know that NSA just wants the best for us and our freedom.

>never installed origin
>never installed epic store
>have only installed GoG and Steam

I'm sure valve collects the information but I would hope they wouldn't be malicious with it.

Unfortunately, it is.

>Give program permission to access files
>get upset when it does it.

>resetera knows but Yea Forums doesn't
And Reddit knew over a year ago. What a hoot.

ekgaming.com/2018/12/10/the-epic-games-store-may-not-be-gdpr-compliant/

Epic doesn't ever ask for permission to scrape your steam user data.

>>Give program permission to access files

The whole goddamn issue is that permission was never given. They scrape your files, and then ask permission later (which is a potential violation of GDPR too)

Nobody has found evidence of Valve or GoG trying to spy on each other through their their competitor's customers

>PC gaming
lol

>I'm sure valve collects the information

Then start bitching about that when we have actual proof of that happening, like we do now

what about the keyloggers?

Epic store could be perfect and I'd still hate it because
FUCK CHINKS, FUCK THE CPC, AND FUCK THE 1989 TIANANMEN SQUARE MASSACRE

Yes, it is. It's fucking lame, but it's common. Even valve doe sit and collects info you don't manually >You mean the stuff you have to add in yourself, none of this even needs file scraping.
put into steam.
Yes it is, it takes info that you don't give it. Dumb ass. Do some research.
Steam collects and shares huge amounts of sensitive user information

>In Steam's privacy policy[1], Steam details that it collects the following user information:

Name
Address
Credit Card Number(s)
Device Unique ID
Chat logs
Fourm posts
Voice Chat Recordings
Hardware Enumeration
Steam also confirms that it shares this information with third parties. The implications of this are as follows: Steam knows your name, age, where you live, your banking information, and what your e-mail is. Steam shares this information with other companies (at least, to the extent allowed by law). Steam can use your IP Address to track where you are to the nearest county and can use your Device Unqiue ID provided by the fingerprinting spyware features inside Steam to track your usage habits across devices that you use. Steam also records all of your communications with others through its social networking and instant messaging services, such as all chat logs, voice conversations, and forum posts, and can share all of this information with third parties as well.

spyware.neocities.org/articles/steam.html#1

>inb4 that site doesn't count
It uses valve's own Privacy Policy as a source, it's as valid as it can get.

>Epic steals all your steam data without permission, claims to give you worthless friends import even though process monitoring shows that it doesn't even access the file during import
>GOG asks for permission to use the Steam API to give you free games
I wonder what's the better service

Attached: 1534894426073.png (830x610, 420K)

fuck steamfags are the worst
like steam isnt spying on your shit everyday

You are retarded, none of this is collected automatically, you have to type it in for individual stuff like the phone number for two-factor auth or CC for payment and nowhere in that page does it say it's automatic.

>none of this is collected automatically
Where do you put your unique device ID and IP address into steam?

What the fuck could they even do with the info that would be malicious, you idiot? Tell the FBI you really like Peggle? That you have a friend named WeedlordBonerHitler69? This entire spyware scare is a con pushed by some very weird people who have a vested interest in Epic failing with their new storefront. We had a big thread yesterday with an "infographic" made by some moron who couldn't even parse his packet sniffer, and now today they're linking fucking RESETERA of all fucking things. They're desperate for fuel to use against Epic and it shows. inb4 some asshat calls me a chink shill

Did you know that every single thing you ever connect to knows your IP address and you know their IP address? It's impossible to not have this information, UID is worthless and just an identification number.

>IP Address

It collects that because if you log in from an unknown IP address it's going to want confirmation it's you so it can't be someone trying to steal your account

If we're going conspiracy lunatic, rapeday might as well have been epics attempt at generating bad publicity against steam

Don't fuck with grognards.

>valve doesn't collect things unless you specifically put it into steam
>lies, and here's proof
>UMMMM THAT DOESN'T COUNT OK????
Typical corporate drones. You're as bad as the Epic store shills and you don't want to admit it.

Steam has been and may still be recording your internet history
It was proven that Steam's VAC system records your internet history and uploads it to an offical Valve server[2]. Valve has subsequently denied[3] that they store user's internet history, but it is impossible for Valve to prove that they do not store internet history. What we do know is that Valve does have the ability to spy on a users internet history, the spyware feature is programmed into Valve's software and the internet history is processed by Valve's servers. It is up to you to decide wether or not you trust Valve when they say that they have turned this feature off or not.

Steam records and publicly broadcasts your program usage habits
Steam records your program usage habits for all programs launched through Steam's program launching service. This spyware feature is mandatory and has no opt-out. Steam also uses its social network features such as the user profile and friends list to broadcast a users program usage habits publicly. This spyware feature can be partially disabled by setting your profile to private, but it cannot be opted-out of if you are using the "friends" social networking feature.

>chinks break foerign consumer laws
>but their intent isn't malicious so it's fine!!
It's at the very least, corporate espionage and obtaining of private information without explicit permission. Based on the fact that you know this, and defend it anyways, how are you not a chink shill?
>inb4 another whataboutism

>ip address is private information you never consented to giving them when you agreed to the tos by signing up
Based retard

>>lies, and here's proof
There's no proof, you are still lying about it despite being corrected.

The site you linked to is retarded shit and just tells you obvious things like Steam tracking usage habits for THE GAMES YOU RUN THROUGH IT and the internet story thing was bullshit.
theverge.com/2014/2/17/5421054/valve-isnt-tracking-internet--says-gabe-newell

I say he didn't take it too far enough.

>want, or rather need to start doing some /agdg/ to start proving I can into computers without having a breakdown over my rock bottom self confidence in programming
>got UE4 installed but procrastinating the fuck out of this because things are shitty atm
>this starts
fuck sake Sweeney could you at least remove the fucking store from UE I mean ffs why the fuck would anyone buy assets?

Your personal device name and internet usage history isn't private information because of the ToS!!!!!!
By this logic Epic isn't doing anything wrong, but anyone sane knows that the epic store is obviously spyware. Stay cucked, steam drone.

And people blame STEAMTARDS for having trust issues outside of Steam.
>just let the chink in, steam is a monopoly!
>let the chink in
>does what it shouldn't
>IT'S STILL PRO-DEVELO-- I MEAN CONSUMER FUCK STEAM 9/11 BOMBINGS

Unity goes further and has spyware in every single editor and published game, at least Epic only steals your data rather than your players'.

>Yea Forums social media

> because of the ToS!!!!!!
>By this logic Epic isn't doing anything wrong
But permission to scrape data from Steam (that you have set to private and is going around a very easy way to access it through the legal API Steam provides) isn't in the Epic Game Store ToS. This is an easy violation of GDPR since there is no arguable need for Epic to preemptively scrape that data along with the fact that it scrapes much more than Epic claims it needs to

They don't track internet usage history, see If you think Gabe is lying even then it would mean they don't track it since it only happened for a couple of weeks which matches up with the anti-cheat purpose argument.

Cant spy on my steam if i uninstalled steam

>There's no proof, you are still lying about it despite being corrected.
The site specifically uses the steam privacy policy as the source of information you fucking retard. How about you try to actually prove it wrong? Are you the same idiot who said that you can opt out of this stuff by just telling steam to not store your profile information on your computer? Because if you are that changes nothing. The program doesn't need to store your information on your computer to take your info. Also
>"gabe said it doesn't spy on you so it's true!!!!!!"
Damn, I guess the spire store isn't spyware either because the CEO said it doesn't spy on you either. I guess the OP is lying.
>valvecuck "logic"

Fuck off, Xiao

>But permission to scrape data from Steam (that you have set to private and is going around a very easy way to access it through the legal API Steam provides) isn't in the Epic Game Store ToS.
That entirely depends on how Epic words their user data collection int heir ToS, which is probably made so generic that it would technically fall under this. You have no idea how companies work around this stuff in advance, do you?

based

>How about you try to actually prove it wrong?
People already told you you misunderstood the site and thought they collected that data automatically when they don't, now you keep trying to force this nonsense despite being corrected, you can opt out of giving out this data by simply not giving it out, stuff like phone number and CC are optional and them storing chat logs is obvious.

>>"gabe said it doesn't spy on you so it's true!!!!!!"
You don't need to trust him, VAC only did that for 2 weeks until the cheat makers caught on and now obfuscate the DNS calls.

This, kek.

You still haven't posted hard evidence to support your claims those things were tracked.

>That entirely depends on how Epic words their user data collection int heir ToS
It could still be a violation of GDPR because law supersedes a ToS and there's no argument Epic could make to justify scraping unnecessary data (in their own words for what they claim the purpose of the data scrape is) from users without their permission

What chinks, you mongoloid? Epic made the client before Tencent ever gave them a cent. Go be retarded somewhere else, start a blog or something, shit up twitter for a while, better yet, read a book. And no, it's not corporate espionage, go look up what that is. Tired of children on this fucking website.

dabbed on them pcbros, based as f

based

GDPR only covered network traffic, the file is stored on the user's computer until it's used. It's not violating anything.

noice

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1052x4458, 751K)

>People already told you you misunderstood the site and thought they collected that data automatically when they don't
I'm waiting for you to actually prove this despite steam's own privacy policy implying otherwise. Are you going to deny the steam privacy policy now?
>you just didn't get it!
The spite talks about how in steams privacy policy, steam says that it collects information (information both tied and not tied to your profile account) and shares it with third parties. This was the point of the entire quote line yet for some reason you got butthurt about it and just tried to argue that the people bringing up the point about steam being spyware are just too low IQ to understand that the ToS is actually saying. You haven't actually disproved anything, you just said you did but didn't do a thing. You just seem like an assbalsted corporate cock sucker who turns a blind eye when their favorite company does something bad.

>You don't need to trust him
I don't, and do you have proof to the contrary that Valve does not do this?

Wrong, even local data scraping is illegal and there's evidence the client doesn't even read the file when used for friends import.

The "evidence" from this text this guy posted is just a link to the Steam's full Privacy Agreement and a link to Reddit with a screenshot of decompiled pseudocode that doesn't really show anything.

Don't expect anything else.

>he willingly installed the epic launcher on his pc
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1531932906558.jpg (1417x1417, 219K)

well, too bad for you, they are LITERALLY spying on your gamedev shit to be used later on on whatever the shit they fund

all of Epic's shit is Jinxed, from the launcher to the fucking engine itself ever since the CHinese overlords took over

>the file is stored on the user's computer until it's used.

Yes let's believe that Epic isn't accessing those files at all even though there's no reason that they should have to preemptively scrape and locally store that data (when there's a legal option to do it when needed through a Steam API) and the fact that somehow Epic knows how many people who play Fortnite have Steam installed
>pcgamesn.com/steam-users-fortnite

>eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-15-epic-responds-to-accusations-its-launcher-accesses-steam-data-without-permission
>Since this issue came to the forefront we're going to fix it.
Ahahahahaha
"Yeah we did it, we're going to stop for now, but only because you caught us red-handed"

>I'm waiting for you to actually prove this despite steam's own privacy policy implying otherwise
Where does it say that? You keep on claiming Steam collects "Steam goes out of its way to find and store your information, like your address, phone number, name, and email" without your consent when there's nothing pointing to that other than your delusions.

He didn't say he would stop, just that they won't do it as blatantly now, he still refuses to use the Steam API or any other method.

Are you the same idiot who kept insisting that the evidence for Epic's spying was fabricated on the first thread?

Valve doesnt spy con currents since they are dominant and its mostly security shit, GoG neither since CDPR knows their place and they are on cahoots with valve.
Origin is another beast and EA doesn't care.
Uplay is linked with Steam so Ubisoft Neither

Its just FUCKING Epic and Tencent doing what chinese does best...

Based

In the privacy policy you blind cunt, did you even bother reading through it? It's not very long. If your attention span is that short, you can even just ctrl + f the terms to see where the policy specifically talks about them and their data collection. God damn, I knew Yea Forums was dumb but this is pathetic.

>Thinking chinamen follow the rules
lmao

>In the privacy policy you blind cunt
Now tell me where it says that it collects this data automatically, are you really this bad at basic reading comprehension and can't understand that "data collection" includes stuff you manually put in?

>resetera

Attached: a259a53fd91c3b13f87e7994926f2b78.png (1610x955, 656K)

>can't refute anything and devolves to childish insults
That's what I thought

Yup illegal as fuck in EU

I know. It's a scary time when even those retards are more pro-consumer than the people here

>info on weebshit useless to chinks
They now know what to keep exclusive to the weebs :)

>Half bugman
>Bugmen keep getting worse
How do you do fellow whites

>oh my God they're going to see my empty friend list

Who the fuck cares. Fucking basement dwellers thinking everything is a conspiracy holy shit.

>this mong still trying despite being completely crushed
topkek

>we should teach men not to rape

>phoneposting

It could be slightly bigger, but there's nothing wrong with it, it's still readable.

Redpilled Viper

>link to resetera

Please leave

Attached: stop.gif (400x258, 1.92M)

creepy bruh

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 243K)

So whats wrong with resetera? I never used it but seems like its just an old-school forum and no upvote shit.

Someone fucked your mother, that must mean it's ok to fuck your mother whenever.

Is it enough to delete the launcher?
Installed it because it should give more fps in pubg. Don't think I have an epic account.

Attached: 428.jpg (680x630, 44K)

The first backup for me dates back to March 2018 which I think is when I installed this spyware, imagine the amount of Steam sales data Epic got out of this, the SteamSpy guy must be cumming.

>implying privacy exists

Attached: 1435906238339.png (480x368, 20K)

Actually I had it installed for way longer for UE4, so they probably started stealing data around that time.

Attached: 1503242219763.jpg (351x344, 17K)

Shill

whatever danger it was, it is now done. i am sure the epic launcher will be patched to remove this since it is now known. question is, will you believe it is safe now?

breaking he law is not a conspiracy

I only need steam steam is the best. Half life 1 is the best game I have ever played. Second best Portal 2. Third best Unterwegs in Düsterburg.

Attached: Gordon_weapons.jpg (385x757, 42K)

>having the Epic Launcher installed
It's your fault.

Pretty much this.
Trying to stay off the grid is borderline impossible if you use the internet.

wow, who would have tought

Attached: 1470430446889.gif (400x285, 1.5M)

It's been months of this dipshit meme now, how come the Chinese aren't gone? Why isn't the meme magic working?

Attached: 1539071342229.jpg (761x773, 170K)

they switched to indians

defeatist cücklords

LE TIANANMEN LE SQUARE LE MASSACRE

Deluded steamdrone detected.

Same, I never liked fortnite or unreal arena but fucking sucks realizing this after devving shit on UE4

>3.4 Your Use of the Steam Client and Websites
We collect a variety of information through your general interaction with the websites, Content and Services offered by Steam.
Personal Data we collect may include, but is not limited to, browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions and application usage data.

3.7 Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on visitors' computers, to help the website operators analyze how visitors use the site. The information generated by the cookie about the visitors' use of the website will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
On this website, IP anonymization has been activated. The IP addresses of users visiting Steam will be shortened. Only in exceptional cases will a complete IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On behalf of the website operator, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the website for its users, in order to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage for website operators.

Or are you going to deny this easily found steam privacy policy information just because it doesn't sit with your personal beliefs on the storefront? Don't call anyone illiterate when you can't even ass yourself to read through a ToS, you stupid fucker.

This basically, i don't use the launcher, but without it you can't get 4.22, and i sure as shit don't want to give Epic any of my steam information after the shit they've pulled.

Okay, so general interaction and google analytics.
How is that automatically collecting personal data? How does that fit your claims that "Steam goes out of its way to find and store your information, like your address, phone number, name, and email"?
We all know you either misunderstood that Spyware page or you are simply trying to force a false narrative when in reality most of that data they specified is typed in manually for the service's features like two-factor auth and payment.

NO!!! NOT MUH DATA!!!!

You know, Valve does that too, but even more so and in more intrusive ways.

>Valve does that too, but even more so and in more intrusive ways.

Attached: Need a single fact.jpg (207x253, 17K)

Good thing I don't play garbage zoomer games.

These guys sure are competent and care about your privacy and security.

androidcentral.com/epic-games-first-fortnite-installer-allowed-hackers-download-install-silently
forbes.com/sites/ryanwhitwam/2018/08/25/epic-games-has-already-exposed-android-users-to-unacceptable-fortnite-malware-risks/#2c78c114508c
theguardian.com/games/2018/aug/10/fortnite-on-android-phones-risk-malware-infections
time.com/5504428/fortnite-security-flaw/

>guys guys look at this thing from resetera that was copied from somewhere else
why not show the primary source to begin with?
this fucking board i swear

>TFW I don't care and just wanted to play Metro Exodus
Feels good not being retarded and thinking I have any privacy on the Internet.

Primary source is resetera you fucking mongoloid

>Not just pirating all Epic Games Store exclusives

You don't even need to feel bad for the devs because they get a minimum sales guarantee and wouldn't even make more money anyways unless the game sold above that amount (which will never happen on Epic's store that nobody but PC Fortnite players use)

Attached: 1483488574058.gif (267x199, 580K)

Are you an actual fucking retard or are you still going to ignore the simple fact that valve also spies on people?
>general interaction
The same thing can be said for the epic store garbage because you not only need epic ins talked but you need steam install and you also need steam friends. It's like saying that it's "general interaction with the epic launcher so obviously it isn't automatically taking your information".
Everyone here is fully aware that steam spies on people, you just don't want to seem to admit it because you're a corporate dick sucker. You also still seem to be ignoring that steam will find, take, and process information that you don't have to put into your steam profile, and I've talked about this multiple times already yet for some reason you either just aren't reading my posts properly or you're blatantly ignoring it because it shows how fucking dumb you are. I'm not even talking about the spyware page that you keep harping on about and haven't been for a while, I've been talking about valves own privacy policy, you fucking retard.

Epic pay guerilla marketers to shill here constantly, it's a lot harder to do that on a site with a login system.

>spies
they dont do more than they say they do. epic on the other hand is literally breaking the law

Imagine using 'but Steam' to try and justify a company actually breaking GDPR (which Steam doesn't)

>Everyone here is fully aware that steam spies on people
Source? A little bit of evidence perhaps? Substantiate your claims like people did with Epic by monitoring the process and saw that they collect potentially sensitive data without your consent.

How did you miss the fact that Steam constantly and callously breaks laws all the time?

>tfw i'm a gogfag

Attached: radgasm.gif (200x180, 2.97M)

>all the time
Give some examples from the last two or three years then

>tfw Phoenix Point
>tfw devs still take games away from GOG for that sweet sweet Epic exclusivity money

Epic still hurts us

Source? The only thing I can think of was the australian refund stuff.

so valve are upset they're not buying it from them or what

When is Valve ever not butthurt about Epic doing better than they ever did?

Valve provides a free API for linking friends lists that things like GOG and GMG already use. The fact that Epic chooses not to use the API and instead secretly log your information locally before you even give permission is suspect as all hell

The entire point was that every storefront spies on you, dumb ass. Did you just come in from stupid town?

I posted it, but obviously you don't want to read it. Look at their ToS and Privacy Policy already. They even admit to it.

>The entire point was that every storefront spies on you, dumb ass
Source?

Jim Sterling video:

Valve are to blame for this, forcing Epic to stoop to such low tactics to fight against their monopoly!

Fuck Steam!

Epic says they collect user data in their ToS. They basically protected themselves from this with that simple sentence.

The original image that started this panic was made by some /g/entoo

Nope, it says they collect data, it's pretty generic so it doesn't tell you much but there's zero evidence that they collect personal data automatically despite your previous claims.

lol you madman!

>Valve literally sells your information (phone number included) to shady advertisement companies
>Yea Forums says nothing

>Epic looks at their users' Steam information to help them out with personalized store purchases
>Yea Forums rees like frogs and screeches like harpies

The Epic Store is Spyware, as evident by this thread.

Steam is spyware

And are you going to try and say that Origin, Blizzard Launcher, and Uplay also do not spy on people? The only "storefronts" that aren't spyware are the ones like GoG where you don't need to make an account to buy games. If it forces you to make an account to purchase things from it, it is going to be spyware. no one should be surprised by this.

>in their ToS.

ToS isn't above law like GDPR, and there's no justifiable reason to preemptively scrape user data (some of which isn't even relevant to the reasons Epic states for doing it)

you have to specify what you collect and i bet my ass steam is not mentioned anywhere there

A ToS is legally worthless, you can't sign a paper saying that someone can murder you for example, that person would still be committing a crime.

Attached: bay bay.png (605x376, 43K)

>Nope, it says they collect data
Which is exactly what spyware does, dumb ass. If you can't opt out of the data collection than what the hell do you think it is?
>they collect data!
Yes, the epic store also says this in their ToS.

>>Valve literally sells your information (phone number included) to shady advertisement companies
Source me famalam

>Valve literally sells your information (phone number included) to shady advertisement companies
[citation needed]
>to help them out with personalized store purchases
[citation needed]

>A ToS is legally worthless,

yeah and so is your right to privacy

That site doesn't say anything about spying, just collecting that you explicitly give out.

>Origin, Blizzard Launcher, and Uplay also do not spy on people?
Probably, Origin did something similar to what Epic is doing so I wouldn't trust them, I don't know about the other ones.

>Some retards would actually believe this is real
Kinda disheartening

It doesn't exist but his Chinese paymasters will dock his social credit score if he doesn't say it

>Yea Forums is behind resetera larp
fuck off niggers this is my turf

Attached: 1532111903567.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>Valve may share anonymous data, aggregated or not, with third parties.
5.1 Valve and its subsidiaries may share your Personal Data with each other and use it to the degree necessary to achieve the purposes listed in section 2. above. In the event of a reorganization, sale or merger we may transfer Personal Data to the relevant third party subject to applicable laws.
5.2 We may also share your Personal Data with our third party providers that provide customer support services in connection with goods, Content and Services distributed via Steam. Your Personal Data will be used in accordance with this Privacy Policy and only as far as this is necessary for performing customer support services.
5.3 In accordance with internet standards, we may also share certain information (including your IP address and the identification of Steam content you wish to access) with our third party network providers that provide content delivery network services and game server services in connection with Steam. Our content delivery network providers enable the delivery of digital content you have requested, e.g. when using Steam, by using a system of distributed servers that deliver the content to you, based on your geographic location.

>That site doesn't say anything about spying, just collecting that you explicitly give out.
But that's a lie because it takes information about you that you don't have to give it. Dumb ass. Why do you keep ignoring this?
>it's okay when valve does it
Typical corporate cocksucker logic.

>customer support services
>network providers that provide content delivery network services and game server services in connection with Steam.
Wow it's fucking nothing

>the usual legalese
feel free to enlighten me, as i'm still unable to see where's the part where "shady advertisement companies" are involved

>claims Epic does shit with made up proof or outright none at all
>I KNOW RITE FUCKING BUGMEN CHINA REEEEEEEEEEEE

>claims Steam does the same
>WHERE ARE DA PROOFS? PROOFS? PROOFS? PROOFS? PROOFS? PROOFS? PROOFS? PROOFS?

Gullible retarded steamdrone detected.

Are you just going to continue pretending to be retarded or are you just retarded?
In case of the latter, try reading what you're copypsating.

Valve has also never explicitly denied the long-standing rumors that they sell your information, showing that they really do shady shit like that.

you dont give steam any data
your data is what games you bought, what genres you like so the store is tailored to your tastes
what subsidiaries does valve have retard, its steam itself and the server
your ip address is logged in when you join a server? you don't say

the rubbish in this post
has nothing to do with what is listed in this post

>Ask for proof
>Post something that doesn't prove anything
>'Well duh they're just lying to you'
So why even post the privacy agreement in the first place as your supposed citation?

>we may take your information and share it with vlave subsidiaries and third parties
>READ IT RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pathetic.

>Typical corporate cocksucker logic.
You have been desperately accusing Steam of doing that Epic is doing while there's no actual evidence of that, surely you can bring up some actual facts rather than accusations like people did with Epic.
Seems like you are just playing sides.

I specifically said that valve is spyware, not that valve is doing the exact same thing that the epic store is doing right now, illiterate nigger.
>IT'S OKAY WHEN VALVE SPIES IoN ME!!!
Wow, what a shocker.

perfidious ruso-chinks

>Unless the explicitly ask to copy files from your steam folder, tos or not it's against the law

This has been tried and tested and the courts agree. In the early 90s a certain ISP was taking small fragments of files of the users computer and sending the files to themselves (this was when the internet was always through a launcher like CompuServe, Prodigy, and AOL). They took those files, parsed them, and used them for targetting advertising.

That ISP vanished after 1995 because they got fucking annihilated in courts. The main reason is those personal files on your computer contain truly personal infomation - credit card numbers, social security numbers, passwords, extremely private data.

And that is why no TOS will ever give legal permission to steal shit from your computer outside of it's designated folders, which are specific to each operating system and don't mean anywhere on the drive.

You MUST give EXPLICIT consent BEFORE they copy the files. They can't wedge it into the middle of a 10-page TOS.

>your data is what games you bought, what genres you like so the store is tailored to your tastes
>what subsidiaries does valve have retard, its steam itself and the server
>your ip address is logged in when you join a server? you don't say
In other words, insidious spyware.

difference being hard packet-analysis of what steam is scraping won't pull up anything on the level of what epic games does (steam is fairly good about only doing what it tells you it's doing, they're not exactly in the business of breaking the law seeing as they added refunds against their will to maintain a presence in several european countries and i believe it was australia) and pulling the "HELLO WHERE IS DA PROVES :DDDD FUG" you-are-silly card isn't proof that steam is just as bad, either provide hard evidence that steam's data-scraping is on the same level as epic games' or get the fuck out and take your braindead cop-outs with you

if you call me a steamdrone or steamcuck, i win the argument by default

Attached: 1552073274528.gif (640x360, 1.31M)

you dont get paid anything for wasting your time blurring out nonsense all day long and shitposting
and you're not convincing anyone either

>I specifically said that valve is spyware
Do you have any evidence of that? It's pretty easy to track what a program is doing so surely you can show how "Steam constantly and callously breaks laws all the time" like you claim it does.

Calm down, senpai. Take a deep breath before adding even more exclamation points to what you're "quoting".

People don't think long term, that's why there are people just jumping on the STEAM BAD SUPPORT EPIC bandwagon even though the console war bullshit is gong to degrade the PC experience if it becomes the new normal.

Even your boss Tim said Valve has a good track record on privacy and security, how does that fit your narrative?

valve doesnt do more than they say they do. its a public knowledge what steam collects, and you agreed to this by installing it. epic is spying and stealing your info without your knowledge and consent. thats a difference. kys chink shill

Why eat both cake and rat poison when you can just throw away the cake and eat just the poison!? Genius!

>Epic is literally watching you play vidya and checking to see who you are friends with on steam.
How does that affect me in any way
If they were selling my credit card info to chinks then fair enough. But seeing my friends? Any kid can do that.

Attached: ###########bears.jpg (750x442, 91K)

Fuck being in the spotlight. Yea Forums needs to stay out of the spotlight so we don't get another influx of retards per news post.

The same people that mock epic for being spyware are using discord.

The numbers at the end of the files are your steam ids, I wouldn't post that without censoring it.

Fuck Valve, I am rooting and cheering for Epic Games to win the war against them. That will teach Valve a thing or two about not giving us Half-Life 3.

>That will teach Valve a thing or two about not giving us Half-Life 3.
kek
hlfags are the worst

Tim Sweeney, founder and majority owner of Epic, has confirmed they access the file on purpose. His claim is that they do it only to link friends, but Steam has a public API to do just that without all these concerns.

See this thread: reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/eijrgsm/

He admits what they are doing is a mistake without asking the user but then proceeds to say they still want to dig through the file in Steam's userdata directory (they won't make a copy anymore) when they shouldn't be doing that. It is 100% NOT NECESSARY because Steam provides an API to get friends and many other products use that API properly.

reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/eik9i8m/

Reminder that defending a company for any reason makes you a stupid worthless nigger kike.

they dont deny because they dont care. they hardly do anything but thats not the proof they are doing it. show proof or gtfo

Steam asks for permission to collect hardware data and etc which literally has a yes or no button. Epic has been collecting data on a different game serving client WITHOUT US KNOWING until some user found it just a few days ago.

the "people" defending epic, their store and what they're doing don't actually believe in what they're posting
they're doing it as a means to an end

Hope it's worth it when games are 70 dollars and 3rd party key sites like humble and greenman are dead you short sighted retard

Valve's silence on the matter is explicit confession of guilt.

>Literally EVERY SINGLE JOURNALIST part of the Grayson clique is making fun of this and calling people racists for being wary about the Epic Store

It's sad.

Steam even sold games with actual spyware keylogging shit in them (Redshell) and you idiots are still defending them as if they're always looking out for you. You people are actual fucking drones.

I never defended the epic store, you dumb steamcuck. Fuck all these storefronts, I'll pirate all my games.

Epic also collects hardware data automatically and doesn't even have an opt-out which I think breaks GDPR.

I shit on the epic gay store and all the dumb retarded incoherent posts you've made

How do you opt out of the hardware data collection? I can't find it.

Yeah, Valve is the king who don't care to do anything despite everyone telling them to, Epic is the rival upstart with ambitions to crush Valve.
What we're doing here is helping the rival get a sizeable foothold on Valve's kingdom to get Valve to stop being fucking lazy and do something.

you don't opt out, you have to opt in

>Steam even sold games with actual spyware keylogging shit in them (Redshell)
You can blame their loose quality control but that's not directly Valve's fault, naturally you shouldn't ever "trust" a company with your data but Valve has a good track record.

>I never defended the epic store, you dumb steamcuck
All you have been doing in this entire thread is trying to implicate Steam on something Epic is doing as an attempt to deflect, you are the most corporate droneish of all here.

>I shit on the epic gay store
Congratulations, I give no shits since I don't even use it
>and all the dumb retarded incoherent posts you've made
You've done nothing but turn a blind eye to all the shit showing that steam is spyware. You've done nothing but cover your ears and claim you're the victor without proving anything that I posted wrong. Congrats on the dissonance.

>How do you opt out of the hardware data collection?

Valve will give you a hardware survey prompt on Steam when you launch it when they're doing hardware surveys. You just say no and they don't collect your data

you aren't doing anything besides be a retard that posts bs for 12 hours a day
you have to go back

why are chinks so dumb?

>Epic ToS
>We're allowed to collect data from your computer that pertains to your steam internet browser history, your steam games library + friends list, your steam activities, and your steam purchase information.
Pretty legit. I for one am happy that the Great and Wise leader Winnie the Pooh is looking out for us gaijin. /s

>All you have been doing in this entire thread is trying to implicate Steam on something Epic is doing as an attempt to deflect, you are the most corporate droneish of all here.
All I did ITT was say that all major storefronts are spyware cancer and anyone who uses them shouldn't bitch about another storefront being cancer when you're being spied on with whatever shit you're currently using. Learn how to read, dumb ass. I never defended Epic. I don't even use storefronts, so how the hell am I a corporate drone? You are an actual fucking retard.

reading all this epic shilling is pretty cringe
hope its worth the social score ching chong

> soiboy commie willing to give up his private information just so he can see a chinese controlled steam rip succeed.

>og back
Still seething while pretending to win, I see.

You aren't doing anything, you have never done anything, stop pretending and taking sides like a complete faggot, just purchase product the best suits your consumer needs, or don't.

listen

fuck your retarded epic gay store for retards and children

>purchase DRM riddled cancer
No thanks, I'll pirate it.

>all major storefronts are spyware cancer
Source? You have only posted lies and misleading statements so far, I don't think you even know what you are talking about at all which implies you aren't really a privacy-minded person and are just here for faux-console war shittery.

You're getting so mad that you can't even see that I never defended epic and don't even use their store. Nice job, dumb ass.

OH NO NO NO NO NO
steamcommunity.com/id/kittypurrr/
steamcommunity.com/id/wordpad/

Attached: 1533170206010.jpg (373x388, 44K)

>All I did ITT was say that all major storefronts are spyware cancer
The website you're using right now is spyware cancer, if I were as dedicated to the cause as you I would not be using Yea Forums AT ALL. If you have privacy plugins and you think that makes it okay then you're wrong.

Attached: 1523701798594.jpg (875x739, 81K)

>You have only posted lies and misleading statements so far
Proof?

>or don't.

See for just one example.

Yeah congrats on posting something that I stated already. Do you have any more wise words for me?

You could have asked me directly if you wanted to be friends :^)

This just means that Valve would send the data directly to Epic if they had permission to get the data in the first place. The fact that Epic are literally spying on Steam to get that data at all proves that they don't have the permission to get that information from Valve, else they wouldn't need to resort to spying.

You don't, you're a part of the system now.

>some guy took a photo of your house the other day, that means it's ok that this shady asian installs cameras in your bathroom!
the absolute state of corporate shilling epicdrones

>Epic is literally watching you play vidya and checking to see who you are friends with on steam.
No they aren't. I am not a retard. I buy only from GOG.

Attached: gog chan.jpg (1081x1054, 149K)

That wasn't me, dumb ass. Do you think only one person here argues against valve? Or are you too new to remember that Yea Forums has had anti steam threads for years? Now apparently anyone who says anything bad about steam is an epic shill. The absolute state of neo-Yea Forums is fucking pathetic.

Attached: 1551641713824.png (666x177, 15K)

Attached: ChinkyChortleTemplate.png (585x655, 58K)

chink shills kill youselves

Yeah, no thanks, that'll be a yikes from me

Attached: oof.png (410x390, 106K)

I honestly couldn't care less. I only had it installed to try Fortnite when it first came out, didn't get the big deal, and uninstalled it. It being a games store made me curious, but all this shit's completely killed any possible interest I've had in them.

Shit like this doesn't happen just once. I generally don't trust any flaky "we're sorry we got caught" reactions like this, and certainly don't trust them to not do it again.

>Now apparently anyone who says anything bad about steam is an epic shill
No but when you try to desperately implicate some other service in the same crimes without evidence in a thread about a service stealing your data without your consent then it clearly shows your bias.

theres 2 billion of them, its going to take a while

>I'm not an epic shill
>but I'll constantly defend them and deflect in every thread!

The absolute state of epicdrones.

You still seem to be ignoring the fact that I never defended epic as a company or the epic store. You also seem to still be ignoring the part wher eI specifically said I don't use their service. I want you to post a example where I explicitly defended the epic store. I'll wait.

Wow, another post that isn't mine. Are you going to do this all day?

Attached: 1543466667008.png (751x224, 38K)

>Wow i'm not being a shill and defending Epic store, honest. That wasn't me!

We're stuck with them for the long haul. Sars wasn't the impact the CIA hoped it would be.

That you stated? No, all I found after a quick comb of the thread that references Yea Forums being a security nightmare is , and it's so far removed from your own posting patterns that you can't claim it's you without every post in this thread potentially being you.

Get off Yea Forums if you're worried about spyware.

>I never defended epic as a company or the epic store
Deflection and whataboutism are very common ways of defending something, your bias is even more obvious when you realize that there's zero evidence of Valve doing something similar but you still try to steer the discussion towards that.

Imagine there's a thread about X360s bricking and getting RRODs and then suddenly someone started attacking the Wii also bricking and getting RRODs (even though it doesn't or at least not as much), do you think that wouldn't be defending something and being a fanboy?

>samefag I swear!
>only two people use Yea Forums!!
>Yea Forums never had anti valve threads before the epic store showed up!!!!
This stupid fucker can't even spot samefags properly. What a fucking surprise. You even linked a completely different person from a completely different thread

>You still seem to be ignoring the fact that I never defended epic as a company or the epic store.
"BUT STEAM" can be considered tantamount, honestly.

Attached: 1533001969755.png (540x482, 190K)

>Yea Forums X
You can un-(You) posts in Yea Forums X, swap to native extension if you want anyone to believe you next time.

You're talking to 3 other responders at this moment, jackass.

this makes no sense at all

Feel free to make your anti-valve threads, but you screeching about Valve in a thread about Epic stealing data strikes as very odd and fanboyish, surely you realize that.

>Yea Forums never had anti valve threads before the epic store showed up!!!!
Do you think there's a reason anti-Valve or anti-Steam threads typically don't bring up datamining? This is the first one I've seen claiming Steam is a privacy-invasion beyond the ToS in years.

I never said "BUT STEAM!!!!"
I specifically talked about how every major storefront does this and used steam as an example, I could have also brought up Origin but since steam is obviously the most popular storefront with actual examples to pull from I used that instead. I also talked about how any idiot who uses a storefront while bitching about another storefront being spyware is a hypocritical idiot. I don't even buy games off of anything but GoG because of this, and I pointed this out multiple times. You people are actual retards. I'm still waiting for that proof of me defending Epic. I'm still waiting.

Then you must not have been here for very long because people have been doing it all the time for a while now.

>I never said "BUT STEAM!!!!"
Yeah you did, you have literally being doing nothing but that all this time.

Attached: 1352898483904.jpg (750x701, 111K)

Is that supposed to matter? the idiot who claims i'm an epic shill can't even spot samefags properly. That was the point of that post you god damned idiot.

>I never said "BUT STEAM!!!!"
You zeroed in on Steam as your primary evidence and subject of discussion and then backpedal to "i was actually talking about all major storefronts", fuck off, man.
>I could have also brought up Origin but since steam is obviously the most popular storefront with actual examples to pull from I used that instead.
Do that. Shut the fuck up about Steam for a while. Have more than one supporting argument.

Attached: 1527027208758.jpg (564x564, 47K)

but is a retardera screencap linking to a source on retardit.

>Why am i the only enlightened intelligent one on Yea Forums!? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1552612515101.gif (224x313, 1022K)

>"all major storefronts are scummy peices of shit"
>"BUT YOU MADE FUN OF STEAM!!!!!!!!!"
The trollface works well here, I see.

>because people have been doing it all the time for a while now.
They literally haven't, do you want me to open Fireden and find the last thread claiming Steam datamines you beyond their outlined information on the matter or do you want to back down from that cop-out?

metacouncil.com/threads/epic-game-store-spyware-tracking-and-you.766/#post-23922

This is the original source of all of it.

Yeah no "actually i was" doesn't magically cancel out that you've talked about Steam until explicitly called on it.

My first post ITT was commenting on someone who said that collecting data like shit wasn't common place and even talked about how every company, even valve, does it and listed an example of how. You just seem assblasted that I criticized valve. Yet all you see is me supposedly doing nothing but singling out valve when that was never my intent. You just don't know how to read properly.

You're an idiot.

Sure, go ahead.

not enough exclamation points

What did you expect when the chinks owns epic.

And you're blind, you only want to see what you want to see. I never defended epic despite your dumb fucking claims of me doing so.

oh look a hypocrite dick spy, watch out guys he might shoot your dick

Attached: Chingchongwingwong.jpg (960x540, 44K)

>out of the 5 Epic board members, 2 are tencent representatives
>people will still try to claim chinks have no influence in the company and are just investors

Wow, another deflection. I can do this all day until you stop sucking Sweeney's cock and admit the simple truth of the matter. But I guess you can't admit you're wrong, you're a zoomer, of course once you've dedicated yourself to an opinion you have ton act like every single counterargument is false no matter how much they back it up, regardless of how little you actually have to back up your own viewpoint.

>look, this shit aint nailed to the floor, free stuff
you must be RPG enthusiast

>m-muh privacy
You're about 18 years late on that one, buddos.

Attached: Meme AiDs.jpg (1280x960, 247K)

twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1095515651832201217
>All members of a board of directors weigh in on discussions and vote as fiduciaries on behalf of the interests of the company. Tencent's directors are super valuable contributors whose advise and participation helped make Epic what it is today.
SUPER VALUABLE CONTRIBUTORS

>Deflection
Well yeah, you're claiming i'm someone that i'm not. What else do you expect me to do?

is there a fucking epic shill barneyfag now?

It's almost like people learned nothing from gamer gate. These (((game journalists))) shouldn't be trusted, ever. Never trust chinks either, don't play fortnite.

someone posted a MetaCouncil link to the same guy who posted it on resetera

Yes, Im sure he's supposed to just say they're a couple of lazy layabouts who accomplish nothing to appease a couple racists on Yea Forums.

Fucking idiot.

Attached: 1372929372949.jpg (298x292, 11K)

Free Tibet.

The point is that they do have an influence in the company you mong, epicdrones always try to claim that Tencent is just an outside investor.

jesus fuck do you just paste random shit and hit enter?

>A company's shareholders have a say in what the company does.
Wow, stop the fucking presses, what a revelation.

>having epic store installed

Attached: 1.jpg (463x493, 21K)

>meme aids

STEAM GAME
FREE TAIWAN

I'm glad you get why people call them chinks now.

>check resetera thread fully expecting them to defend epic and chinks
>most people are actually shitting both on epic and gaming journalists that defend epic on every occasion
>meanwhile this thread is actively defending epic
Is this opposite day?

Attached: 1542211119577.gif (500x500, 702K)

Steam Game

Pissing contests with other websites and inordinately caring about what other websites think turned out to have been really really bad

Epic and Valve have successfully brought consolewars to PC. No one gives a fuck who's actually right as long as their side is winning.

There are only a few soiboys samefagging the same epic propaganda throughout the whole thread. This doesn't mean that Yea Forums unanimously supports chink stain epic.

>being this dishonest

>resetera link

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 353K)

Yea Forums is this pathetically contrarian now to defend chink spyware. This whole shithole is obsessed with sucking corporate cock. You can see it in the console wars, the anti-piracy sperging, the complete worship of Windows 10. It's never been this bad before.

> defending jewbakka's 30% ripoff monopoly
nice one prajeet.

damn that took a turn for the worse
since it's legally worthless why even include a privacy policy?

>thsi monopolist fucking me over is fine!
cuck

You're just being a blind retard, stay mad dumb ass.

>devs are more important than me

Attached: 1552175588183.jpg (688x907, 190K)

>drinking the koolaid so readily

30% is standard. Google play do it, apple do it, gog does it, people think Sony and Microsoft could be taking more. Epic were trying to undercut the competition (a very popular monopolistic tactic) and they know it's unsustainable.

>defending blatant robbery
>implying steam ever cut you a break
they just ruined the market by going bottom sales first, hten upped the ante. Last good steam sale was more than half decade ago. they are monopolists and a cancer that needs to go.

>monopoly

Attached: 19789999.jpg (600x518, 51K)

>OH LEL MICROSOFT ISNT A MONOPOLY BCUZ LINUX GUIZE!
Glad you aren't running anything at a responsible level user.

>monopolists

>implying i give a fuck about devs
my interest is on the first place. im not gonna install spyware just so devs can get more dollars fuck you and your indie shit

Okay Tim, ignore the point that everyone does it and Epic are just being shitcunts by forcing it lower.

Attached: Capture.png (645x344, 48K)

> fighting over which air seller is better

Based
TINNEMAN SQUARE

>steam is not spyware
kek, kys stupid faggot
Other people also try to fuck me over, that makes it OK
Why are pcpoors always such Cucks? Glad I pirate and only pay devs directly.

MS got sued a few times for monopolistic practices, but can you tell me what monopolistic practices Steam employs? You must have lots of examples since you're so sure of it.

Attached: 83241.png (1437x573, 107K)

Just get off this fucking site tranny.

>Other people also try to fuck me over, that makes it OK

Sorry nobody bought your shitty unity game

Wait... Are you accusing Epic of being a monopoly? What's the point of that parenthetical notation?

JUST Ike gown Blizzard wants to manage people’s behavior on Twitch if you link your accounts

>Yea Forums tards from the US being blissfully unaware what a monopoly entails
please end yourselves, but try to have a less shit public education first, retards.

lmgtfy.com/?q=monopolist

we are at 400+ replies and still no proof steam is a spyware. go kys you chink shill

Attached: 1550658508976.gif (607x609, 754K)

>>meanwhile this thread is actively defending epic
Really it's just one or two shills doing it, the same shills that sperg in every thread about Epic being a piece of shit. They constantly try to deflect or deny Epic's shit.

I said they use monopolistic tactics and they do

>don't bring wars to PC!!!!
Consider this.
Console wars has been healthy for discussions and debates.
Thus PC wars will also be healthy for discussions and debates.

youtube.com/watch?v=yamxsOWgkmw&feature=youtu.be

why should I consider something objectively wrong?

Am I talking to a bot or something, why do you keep going off track to what you're replying to?

Epic employs many monopolistic tactics like undercutting and buying out exclusivity, yes.
The only thing that doesn't make it a de-facto monopoly is that it doesn't have much of a market share.

>Console wars has been healthy for discussions and debates.
You already lost me. *WHIRRRRRRR*

>set info to private
>gets stolen
>lol it's just public info bro
fuck off

Attached: epic.jpg (1200x800, 318K)

I remember a similar thread someone on Yea Forums made using process explorer about epic spying on just about everything including your steam account/data about two or three days ago, was he right all along?

>what is redshell
>what are the countless articles
>what is closed source
>what are the countless warnings the privacy watchdogs have given over the years

Fucking zoomers. I swear this board is getting worse by the day.

>Console wars has been healthy for discussions and debates
No they aren't, consolefags just excuse everything wrong with their pathetic systems because "the other guys" might make fun of them.

2016 happened.

That's a meaningless phrase unless they start creating new laws. Every fucking company uses "monopolistic practices." Monopolistic practices are standard business practices. It's the backing of law that makes it a monopoly.

Do you know how fucking retarded that sounds? Do you know what a monopoly fucking IS? The only thing that makes it a monopoly is the fact that it's not a monopoly. Fucking every company tries tactics like those to break into a new market. Why would anyone go to a new company if they were offering the same product as a competitor for more money? Jesus fucking christ, stop with the goddamn buzzwords you idiots.

>what are proofs
things you dont have

Attached: 1483355812870.jpg (992x744, 302K)

>offer bogus definition of a monopoly, proving you are a moron
>cry that an answer is 'off rails' when it offers THE definition of a monopoly
please kys you retard. Are you even eligible to read or do you require a text-to-speech program as well?

stop being on a phone like a niggerfaggot, you niggerfaggot

Bullshit, they have always been an excuse to shitpost.

I didn't say monopoly, I said they used monopolistic tactics which has been explained several times over how they do.

Explain how the 30% affects you if you're not a giant faggot indie dev

>Do you know what a monopoly fucking IS?
Do you? A monopoly isn't just a dominant service like you think it is, you have to actively expand into a market and kill competition through anti-competitive means to be considered a monopoly.

>Fucking every company tries tactics like those to break into a new market
Nope, see stuff like GOG and Humble for example that didn't rely on monopolistic tactics at all.

Attached: 1551047238567.jpg (500x372, 55K)

Steambabies absolutely seething

>resetera is against epic games
>Yea Forums is also against epic games
This is how you can tell how bad Epic really is

>Explain how having higher costs of a middle man affects price/quality in any way.

Don't reply to me again, you leprose murricunt.

>guy promises to improve heating
>steals my CC info, and other personal info instead

>steam should encrypt locally stored files on your computer

why are we talking about steam in an epic store thread? create another thread if you want to talk about how steam is a monopoly and go there

Attached: 1481657230113.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

>he actually thinks more money to line the publisher's pockets will affect the quality of a game in any notable way

Jesus, Tim really got to you didn't he

>one should be surprised by
>im totally not one of them, or a tranny. BAY BAY

so true
()

Attached: mhm.png (1054x166, 59K)

>literally copying a pirate's arguments to defend your favorite jewish monopolist
Time to end yourself and remove your dumbass from this board. Back to plebbit.

How does it? Physical distribution doesn't even give 30% to the devs and the games are the same, your mistake is thinking that prices are based on production cost when it's purely about what people are willing to pay for, you have a really poor understanding of economics and services.

Why are you so gullible?

Man, feels good to be intelligent unlike vaIvedrones.

its like talking to a bot. chinks are truly not humans

Attached: 974996989581.jpg (296x198, 9K)

phys distribution DOESNT have a monopolist behind it, it has WAY better pricing and bargains (you wouldn't know, as you're a ZOOMER), also, and this is key, physical sales do not come with locking out ownership. Games as a service goyim.

If you ever posted on /vg/ you would understand how cancerous discord cliques are, they's insidious killers.

The rampant hatred *falls down sinkhole* of the Chinese people *eats live baby bird* on this board *takes off pants and drops a dump in the middle of the street* needs to be addressed *gets ran over by five cars in a row* by the moderators. *gets dragged out of the way*
Yea Forums's CEO *gets caught in escalator* should be called out by everybody *gets caught inside machine* for allowing right-wing bigotry to fester. *gets shot out of machine like a cannon*
And I mean it. Xing xong tsua! *dies in 20-car car explosion because truck driver didn't brake*

>it has WAY better pricing and bargains
No it doesn't, what you talking about?

>physical sales do not come with locking out ownership
It does since the disc itself is physical DRM that you can't copy and it doesn't stop games from having online activation.
Why do you think having an installer burned into a CD is more "ownership" than downloading an installer from GOG for example? The only difference is that you are not allowed to make copies of your physical CD and can't ask for more copies from the vendor either like with digital.

>No it doesn't, what you talking about?
why lie, faggot. I remember hwen I could buy AAA games for 1-5 euros only 4 months after release. you really need to KYS.
>e disc itself is physical DRM
Don't respond to me again, instead see a brain surgeon about that blood clot that's blocking your oxygen.

Attached: sleeping or taking a nap.jpg (600x476, 33K)

You didn't answer absolutely anything, congratulations on being a willfully ignorant idiot.

>Epic being the big shit is so accepted and played out that the only thing to talk about was the valve dissenters retarded arguments.

Fun thread.

isthereanydeal.com
Enable wishlist syncing and email alerts and enjoy your cheapass games, you're welcome retard.

You're still responding, go see your physician, fast.

It’s impressive to see that Steam has literally become a political issue because of the narrative pushed by journalists. Yea Forums loves to say journalists have no power, but look at this shit, there’s an entire community of journalist-groomed parrots just continually relaying “STEAM IS BAD” no matter how many times you evidence that Epic is worse.

Any programm which is even remotely tied to China is a spyware.

Getting retards on board with thinking that asset flipped games you never fucking see is worse than buying out exclusives and shutting down 3rd party stores is some fucking jewish trickery on the same level as that time Sony got the crowd to cheer when they introduced paid online.

>he showed my logic is flawed

>starts flailing

>even trannies are against epic
lmao

Nothing to see here gwaylo

Attached: pLNstyb.jpg (1226x259, 191K)

Use an archive

It hasn't lowered prices on Epic at all you fucking retard.

Steam is also spying your computer data, shill.
>Valve also processes anonymous data, aggregated or not, to analyze and produce statistics related to the habits, usage patterns, and demographics of customers as a group or as individuals. Such anonymous data does not allow the identification of the customers to which it relates. Valve may share anonymous data, aggregated or not, with third parties.
>3. What Data We Collect and Process
3.1 Basic Account Data
3.2 Transaction and Payment Data
3.3 Other Data You Explicitly Submit
3.4 Your Use of the Steam Client and Websites
3.6 Tracking Data and Cookies
3.7 Google Analytics
3.8 Content Recommendations
3.9 Information Required to Detect Violations

>watching you play v idya
if you accept them collecting this data
if you're not a retard, you'd click no.
OR, just not install this shit in the first place.
what fucking irony that consoles are a more secure environment.

you have no idea what spyware is you chink retard. while steam does everything it claims it does, epic steals way more than they should without telling anyone about that. epic is a spyware, steam is not

The Chinese aren't people.

Steam clearly states what data it uses and what it uses it for.

Epic just monitors everything it can with a super vauge tos

Microsoft also is spying your data.
>Windows 7, 8, and 10: Now all collecting user data for Microsoft
infoworld.com/article/2979054/windows-7-8-10-now-all-collecting-user-data-for-microsoft.html
>Microsoft Accused of Collecting Data Even When You Opt Out in Windows 10
extremetech.com/computing/282263-microsoft-windows-10-data-collection

So does US government.
>NSA Prism program taps in to user data of Apple, Google and others
theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data
>Trump signs bill renewing NSA's internet surveillance program
reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-cyber-surveillance/trump-signs-bill-renewing-nsas-internet-surveillance-program-idUSKBN1F82MK

What are you going to do about it? Don't play double standards, shill.

Imagine being so bored and starved for attention you'd actually read huge sections of a lengthy and boring TOS just so you can shitpost and "debate" people on 4channel over which corporation is fucking you in the ass harder.

Attached: DyaYbJaVAAA0vw-.jpg (572x800, 75K)

>b-but Steam!!!
Why do you keep bringing up steam when you can't defend Epic? It's still not the same because you agree to all that with Valve, but Epic is subverting the privacy agreement and breaking GDPR law. Why are you being deliberately dishonest? Or are you just stunningly retarded?

Attached: 1534086141244.webm (640x358, 2.17M)

Does Epic’s ToS say they are literally scraping your entire Steam account?

Go to bed Pooh Bear

and we call them out on it. all of them are bad, epic including

You linked an article of w10 getting shit on for also being spyware.
People clearly care about both and see them both as issues.
What's your argument here?

WHAT? HOW DO I STOP THIS?

>make a joke about chinese slaves to my mother earlier
>she acts like its the worst shit
I can't believe Tencent actually got to her.

this has NEVER been the case
lying scumbag

Imagine being so bored and starved for attention you'd actuall make a pseudo-intellectual shitpost in a lengthy and boring thread just so you can shitpost and seem "above it all" to people on 4channel over a pathetic need to be validated for taking it in the ass like the anime posting faggot you are.

I'm unemployed and could use some extra money for Steam games. How many Yuan is Tencent paying you guys to shill for Epic?

I see you shills just cannot stop lying and spreading disinfo.
epicgames.com/site/en-US/privacypolicy
>Information We Collect or Receive
>We generally collect or receive information in three ways: (1) you voluntarily provide information to us, such as by creating an account, making purchases, or signing up for email alerts, (2) we collect information automatically, such as through cookies or our games and other software, and (3) other parties, such as social networks, may provide information to us. Each of these methods is described in more detail below.
You can check the rest by yourselves if you want.

Are they actually violating GDPR?

ten cent per post

>dumb bimbo supports chinese factory slavery by buying clothes and tat made overseas for cheap
>but oh no, don't actually say anything about that, it's offensive
Tell her she's a whore.

>ctrl+f steam
>0 results

Attached: 1468683408746.jpg (800x530, 55K)

More like "Americans are not people" since that's an "American spyware".

Attached: American Spyware with 1776+ fake genders_.jpg (2572x1036, 566K)

Nothing official, but the evidence warrants an investigation.

>resetera

Attached: 21322.png (768x768, 150K)

I like how epic shills edited the wikipedia article to say tim sweeney owns anything when he is just a glorified ceo and owns a smaller stake

>blissfully ignores the 40% owned by tencent
>b-but it's no the majority!!
It doesn't matter, slant eye. Tencent is a central contributor so there is no way he's unaware. If it's American spyware, it's spyware 40% owned by an influential chinamen.

Would require an actual investigation because of all the encrypting. But the fact they backpedaled on making that file copy so fast makes the accusation more credible.

Imagine being such a cuck that you don't mind if mega corporation are snooping around your personal files using YOUR processing cycles, RAM, HDD space and Internet connection on top of it.

Yes, time to hang yourself. Of course they don't specifically write "Steam" on their it in their policy pages. They already put "Steam" directly on their launcher from the beginning, everyone can directly see it, you moron.

Attached: Steam Numba One.png (1856x704, 1.41M)

thats the problem you chink retard, they didnt mention steam but still spied on it. what else do they spy on? you cant trust that company

The client collects the data without you ever having clicked that button, it collects it just after installation in fact.
You can't consent to that, it does it automatically and secretly and apparently the client doesn't even read the stolen file when importing friends, it makes no sense.

Tim Sweeny just got caught lying.

Attached: Screenshot_20190315-162026__01.jpg (1066x1705, 452K)

Jesus fuck what a bunch of incompetent retards, they can't even lie and steal data without being obvious about it.

Can't we just ignore this? Showing proof of Epic's misdoings is detrimental to our overarching goal of bringing down Valve and Steam.

Fuck Steam and fuck Epic, there I said it.

For once the tranny mob is pointed at something that matters.

RPS is currently spinning this as a racism story, i.e. you only think Epic is spying on you because you hate the Chinese:
unv.is/rockpapershotgun.com/2019/03/15/epic-games-deny-spying-allegations

they even have their article tagged as
>conspiracy theory

Attached: n.png (760x832, 585K)

They will drop it as soon as they spin it as a racist thing, where the fuck are the effortposting anons?

And yet these clowns still get to parade around as "news" on my library.

i've found a link to this article in the resetera thread, even they don't want anything to do with RPS'
>ur raycis
bullshit

Some mod is already calling people racist and they are already turning on him in the thread.

>banned (duration pending)
>defending a racist, sexist institution, attacking a proud, trans affirmative, loving, caring developer who will pay for adspace

What's the equivalent of "oy vey, the goyim know" in Mandarin?

Attached: Pastry merchant.jpg (284x492, 30K)