The TimeSplitters series is the perfect example of that you can make the best game in the world but if you don't spend...

The TimeSplitters series is the perfect example of that you can make the best game in the world but if you don't spend half your budget on advertisement then nobody would even know it exists.

Attached: ts.jpg (600x300, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7554
youtube.com/watch?v=ewfOw5kpsWE
youtube.com/watch?v=VTof1O5QJ7w
youtube.com/watch?v=k9KdfMqzSG0
youtube.com/watch?v=UoMnMHJRACQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not releasing it on PC is what made it irrelevant.
also, 2 being better helped.

>example of that you can make the best game in the world

LOL it has shit controls, fuck off retard

it's a console shooter, they all do.

He can't get over the lack of a jump button.
Timesplitters: Future Perfect is a straight 10/10

reminder fuck EA

Attached: tsfp.jpg (1920x800, 521K)

Halo is 100x better in terms of control

Attached: 1539540553292.png (1024x536, 977K)

It's also a bad game. Funny, that.

get this hothead outta here.

They paid ninja a million dollars to stream it. Try again

Having played all of them I don't think they were THAT great. Future Perfect was really fun but the game was cursed because the ps2 online adapter was so niche. Playing Virus mode was so much fun though.

Honestly though bootleg vin diesel Cortez was the best. Shame about the other stuff though.

Man I love TS and I love FP. Why as the TS posting lately?

Timesplitters took three games for it to get good.

thats absolutely nothing when it comes to marketing

>They paid ninja a million dollars to stream it
proofs?

nah fuck the aiming in that game

You can play it on PC now with proper mouse support and in 4k.
It makes the game piss easy tho.

shoulda got it on xbox bro

Well I didn't have an xbox. Loyal sonygro since ps1

Because THQ Nordic bought it and intends to use the IP. Also, TimeSplitters Rewind finally got an update that shows legit gameplay for 20 minutes. It's still a great series, needs a comeback

no, time splitters figured out a way to make aiming even worse on console

it's impressive how bad they made it

The Monkey Challenges were the only truly horrible parts of the Timesplitters games.
Prove me wrong.

In a weird way it worked out because Cortez in Timesplitters 3 is by far the best space marine character ever put into a game

Attached: THIS IS THE FACE OF YOUR ENEMY.png (512x512, 194K)

What the fuck is Riddick doing there?

Better than timeshitters

is timesplitters on vita worth checking out?

Google is your friend
He's not the only one they paid.

Best Riddick here

Attached: The-Chronicles-of-Riddick-Assault-on-Dark-Anthena-Setup-Download-For-Free.jpg (1000x481, 379K)

Attached: 100_3316.jpg (3296x2472, 1013K)

>For this he was paid around $1 million, a source told Reuters.
yeah, great "proofs"

Holy shit

maybe one day it'll return

Attached: timesplitters.gif (420x220, 2.2M)

Noice

Is this game emulator friendly? I missed it in the original run...too young I suppose.

time splitters always felt to me like a low effort perfect dark light

>TFW you'd spend hours making maps on the Xbox version and then put a bunch of monkey bots with flamethrowers in there and watch as screaming flaming monkeys were running around everywhere.

Runs fine in PCSX2 and Dolphin.

>Monkeys
>Not Snowmen
A rookie mistake

pcfags still seething

Timesplitters was very popular in its day and age, though. Advertising doesn't make people remember your game 15 years down the line. The reason nobody remembers it is because they haven't made more, and nobody on Yea Forums is old enough to have played it back then except for you and me.

Attached: example-65153.jpg (1024x1024, 61K)

Who /dinosaur/ here?
If you played Monkey you're a bitch.

Snowmen vs Monkeys was also one of my favoruite matchups.

no it wasn't

Security was my boy

Corp Hart was my gal.

Xbox versions are the best one? Are they BC with Xbox One?

Corporal who?

THQ Nordic teased a game called "Monkey King?" revealing at E3

Timesplitters maybe?

duh no shit. One if the best FPS ever made is a relic relegated to 20 year old shitboxes.
Wouldn't you?

I only played TimeSplitters 1 but I'd hardly consider it to be the best game in the world. Far from it in fact. I only played half of it before I got bored and dropped it.

1 was a release title and honestly I wasn't very fond of it either. 2 and FP are much better, give them a try before dismissing them.

>Let's play.

The only "issues" I have on Dolphin with Future Perfect are that the Profile Select screen tanks to 30 fps for whatever reason, and that Mapmaker maps with many Stackable tiles visible at the same time can hit performance, more so in splitscreen. Besides that, it's wonderful. Runs well and without any crashes or visual glitches.

With TS2, the only issue is that staring towards the center of Ice Station from any edge of the map will hit performance, especially in splitscreen. Nothing else though.

For me it's Undead Priest and no, I wasn't an edgelord.

Attached: 89 - nIYDAht.jpg (741x950, 233K)

Ok thats it, i am going to play FP right now

Attached: oliver swanwick faceapp.jpg (400x400, 91K)

TimeSplitters 3 has great controls. What are you on about?

I still remember how it was touted as the heir apparent to GoldenEye. What a great game.

Imagine not being able to use thumbsticks lmao

>no tf4 set in ancient mythology
rip bros

Attached: 94 - 9NKdOaq.jpg (1600x802, 305K)

Attached: 42 - TMPzLQB.jpg (640x480, 62K)

Attached: 41 - AblEU6i.jpg (640x480, 79K)

Yes, you can also use mouse and keyboard controls, although be warned that it makes the game incredibly easy.

shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7554

While knowing that it's concept art and the final product probably wouldn't have done them justice, TS4 looked like it was going to pretty trippy.

I would have expected them to do a re-release first. Personally that's what i would like.

and it wouldve had bionicles

Attached: 43 - OqrzdRX.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Nah, not yet.

Mr. Socky is the thinking man's choice.
That or Goliath SD/9.

>Goliath
My nigga, I love big stompy robots. Sentrybot and R-109 were my mains in TS2, Goliath in TS:FP.

Graeme Norgate's music. Oh man. What's that mad lad up to these days?

Well, that's good to know. I guess I'll put em in my backlog in that case.

Timesplitters 2 scared me as a kid.

Or yet another Journey to the West-inspired title.

I think it being console exclusive by EA harmed it. Once initial sales dropped off, later buyers would have just bought preowned. Nowaday's they'd get a boost each steam sale.

They really need to remaster this on steam. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Shame about 1 and 2 though. 1 is a literal tech demo. 2 is fucking artificial difficulty bullshit. Future Perfect is fucking kino though.

>You get dental?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

lol

It scared me a bit too
>Siberia's underground area
>Notre Dame
>The Mechanist (that kid is creepy)
>Virus mode Hospital
>The Handyman challenge

I played TS2 and 3 on gamecube like 14 years ago, such a great game. I never had a ps2, is TS1 worth playing on pcsx2?

No it's a literal tech demo. The only thing worth seeing in TS1 is the character select animations and models. Just youtube it. The game is bare bones as fuck.

I had probably hundreds of hours playing TS1-3 with siblings back in the day, but let's not kid ourselves. They were shitty games. Unremarkable in every way, worse controls than other console shooters at the time, more focused on story and character designs than on making a complex and polished game, etc. Getting trophies and unlocks were fun, some of the game modes were fun, but it was a mess. Not at all what I'd consider a phenomenal game series.

(you)

Seems TS Rewind is still alive because they posted a new video recently

>another timesplitters thread

Attached: dinosaur.gif (444x250, 636K)

Just because they didn't pay for big budget commercials and shit doesn't mean they didnt advertise. There were an absurd amount of articles and streamers paid to play. They definitely spent out the ass on advertisement.

Attached: 20190313_191705.jpg (720x766, 186K)

>THE MOOOOSE IS LOOSE!!

>just bought a copy of 2 the other day
and Robot Factory still pushes my shit in after all these years.

>Beat it for the first time last year
That fucking level's a nightmare.

This
Cortez is the best protagonist

Attached: 1469934476539.png (532x582, 514K)

The fuck are you talking about?

Future Perfect was the third in the series. It was plastered all over every game magazine. People couldn't wait for this fucking game and then it came out and I swear that year was the busiest I have ever seen PS2 online.

Probably because he actually had a personality besides the usual boilerplates of
>too cool to react to anything beyond mild bemusement or "oh crap" and mostly just makes military lingo chatter
Or
>overtly macho and always growling at things, where any development is just another excuse to scream angrily at something
(These are basically what little we see of his TS2 personality, anyway)

In FP, he was goofy, or at least any moment of "coolness" was warped with some tongue-in-cheek gag like the implication of him looking up Jo-Beth's skirt, or making everyone uncomfortable with "TIME TO SPLIT" or some other thing. He was alternating between straightman and punchline in every scene in the game.

Attached: ts scotland the brave.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

there are many games like this:
>vtmb
>time splitters
>virtua fighter
>power stone
>D2
>Illbleed
>Sonic Adventure
Since the last game was advertised very much, it is not so much about the advertisement, but also how much advertisement of the opposition steals your audience with lies like Playstation2 killed the dreamcast. Sony doesn't understand games. They never did. Yet their shit marketing grabbing all the casuals, forces many pro gamers to drift over to them, because retarded devs want biggest market and prefer to make games for a shit audience and die off slowly.

And that girl with the monster face on the back of her head

if it was PC there would be a modding community keeping it alive even in the year 2019
so yeah, not releasing a game on PC harms the cult following massively
just look at every ancient game still being played and modded as much, and sometimes more than AAA current year releases.

>D2

My brother...

It is such a fascinating game. It's one of my favorites. Like it's an abject disaster dont get me wrong and pulls an Eva where it just clip shows you the ideas (racism bad, pollution bad, science good stuff but bad stuff too, wom*n power) that some college freshman shit out to impress his SJW libcuck teacher but it's a relentlessly compelling production.

>How do we end our game?
>Ok hit em with some AIDS stats then force the game to focus on the system clock time until they power off.

Also my first exposure to breasts in a video game with that Kimberly clone boss fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=ewfOw5kpsWE

Some really fucked up gore too. Vagina computer. That guy was married to a FLOWER nigga cant explain that. Remember when you come up on the mountain and the little girl gives you the "time moves forward oh shit global warming" speech and just gets fucking ass blasted with evil eye ray's and straight up fucking DIES.

5/5 highly recommend it. I read old reviews of this game and it's like 3/5 it's short and the RPG mechanics are shit. It's like after the ABSOLUTE RIDE you have been on that is what you are going with? BRO. I wish games were half this insane.

Smash that bell.

timesplitters 1 is like street fighter 1. no one gives a shit about it honestly

Cortez's partner.

>>Virus mode Hospital
this is especially what i remember fucking me up as a kiddo, pure adrenaline

Is it possible to play multiplayer on Dolphin with anons?

dibs on Badass Cyborg

GOAT cutscene coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=VTof1O5QJ7w

This game seems amusing, upthread I see that it emulates fine so I'll give that a go. Should I read a summary of the other games or is it pretty much standalone?

Attached: fierceuterus.webm (480x320, 1.93M)

>

Attached: lowblow.webm (480x320, 1.66M)

angel, sgt melons and the other ladies all day

actual kino I set this to as many maps as possible

youtube.com/watch?v=k9KdfMqzSG0

TimeSplitters 1 has really no plot, it's basically like Quake 3 where characters kind of exist in a context you can assume a plot from and it's all vaguely tied together with the alien "Timesplitters" fucking around in different eras with their time crystals.

TimeSplitters 2 has a big framing device of Sgt Cortez and his partner Corporal Hart assaulting a Timesplitters ship to foil their plan by using their time machine to jump around to each level, which is basically just another excuse to set up the same routine of Cortez quantum-leaping into different eras and "possessing" different characters to solve problems and grab time crystals again. After they grab all the time crystals, Corporal Hart is killed in their breakout, Cortez shoots his way out and escapes triumphantly, setting up the opening scene of TimeSplitters 3. That's basically all you need to know and everything else is just fun longtime fan trivia and most connections with the previous two titles aren't even really congruous.

>took 3 games to get good
>second game is a timeless classic

I think Freespace 2 is a better example of that.

reporting in

Attached: file.png (418x528, 255K)

>TS1 and TS2's versions of Gretel were based
>FP's Gretel was mediocre at best
Why

She got demoted to just multiplayer model while the latest incarnation of her usual partner got to be Cortez's buddy for the entire endgame.

Attached: Desktop 09.18.2016 - 00.07.07.19.DVR_2.webm (1238x920, 1.13M)

feels bad bro
if they just put her hood on for mk III she could've been fine. then again even mk I looks better and she didn't have a hood.
maybe it's the pants.

Attached: I'd split her if you know what I mean.webm (660x820, 803K)

Attached: vin diesel.webm (1238x900, 2.85M)

Attached: The moose is loose.webm (1244x934, 935K)

this game was hilarious

yeah but they started from scratch again and there's like 1 guy working on the project now so it'll probably die again right? I checked the forums (since the home page hadn't been updated since fucking 2017) and it looked dead

Lenny oldburn for me

>ROHCK AHN RHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLH

I can't believe we live in the same year as Neo Tokyo.

youtube.com/watch?v=UoMnMHJRACQ

Attached: 1534332088996.jpg (640x448, 49K)

>Female Character is a skinny girl with big tits, wearing a shirt that says "SLUT" in red block letters.

Goddamn I miss when video games weren't concerned about being taken seriously as art, and weren't too embarrassed to target horny dudes.

...which is chump change for a high profile game. Anthem spent that much on billboards for New York alone.

>PICK ME, IM QUITE HANDY

Attached: Ginger.jpg (259x194, 7K)