F

F

Attached: DFintro.png (1679x977, 82K)

>ASCII GOOD
>GRAPHICS BAD

Attached: 1528726288023.png (645x729, 90K)

DF autists want a high barrier to entry for the sake of it, because playing Dwarf Fortress is the only vaguely unique or interesting thing about them

No more ASCII graphics. DF was sold to trannyfox games and is now releasing on Steam with indieshit graphics.

hence
>ASCII GOOD
>GRAPHICS BAD
you microbrained faggoteer

You are fake and gay
>(Optional ASCII mode available.)

Go play Stardew Valley with your biggest buttplug.

>>ASCII GOOD
>>GRAPHICS BAD
this except unironically

So whats the issue?

Attached: 1552421469072.png (434x405, 322K)

honestly content of the caliber is why i took up smoking instead of browsing this site

>b-but muh shitty pixelart

Old farts now proceed to hating the game because it will get more popular

Toady sold out. Game is now owned by trannies.

Autism

I play df all the time, why should I get mad about other people being able to play it more easily?

If they work out some of the bugs it's a win win for everybody.

Attached: 1541048390140.png (762x1033, 636K)

So? Does that somehow retroactively destroy everything the game was?

Stop trying to make sense of autism, user.

What's the last version before the change of graphics?

they didnt sell the game rights you spastic. the reason it's on steam is because one of their family literally has cancer.

The regular version will still exist for free and will get updated alongside the steam version.

No, one of his family members thought he had cancer and toady decided to put it on steam that just in case it happens in the future they'll have the money to fix it.

it was fun lads. Dorf is casual now.

>selling out to help a family member with cancer

Literally one of the best reasons to sell out you fucking autist

3d minecraft tilset when?

>a publisher now owns the game

whew laddie go back to school

Ah, so it's just like an official graphic pack to get some extra cash in steam.

So there's no reason to get upset at all, good job retards

When consumer-grade quantum computers are available I guess, the normal game already brings high-end computers to their knees just by deciding what the thousands of creatures in the game had for breakfast so I can't imagine what it would take to render the whole thing.

Day one.

wait I can't play this on my toaster?

>PAYING FOR ONE OF THE MOST DEDICATED AND FAIR FREE GAME GAMEDEV HOSPITAL BILL IS BAD
Fuck you you cheap bastard nigger cunt this man gave me hundreds of hours of free entertainment least I can do is help his family not die from cancer you are disgusting

Attached: lobos.jpg (900x1200, 133K)

Toady now has a bigger incentive to improve the UI and balancing while earning money in a more proper way.
How is that bad?

doesn't employment cover medical?
Is he a NEET?

What's lobos' story?

Yes.
He dedicated his life to improving and working on a free game for all of us.
He gets 6k monthly on patreon thats all he has to support his family and now cover for cancer bills.

maybe he should get a job then.

Depends on your CPU really, I think the game still isn't capable of using more than one core, so your first core will be shitting itself at 100% while your other cores just stand there with their thumbs up their asses.

I've always played this game with a tileset, what kind of retard would play it ASCII.

>every faggot out there uses tilesets, stonesense and dwarf therapist to make things easier
>suddenly it's bad the authors will make the vanilla game more approachable

Also, I bet there's going to be an option to use ASCII graphics instead of tiles.

Attached: 1547489546257.jpg (300x300, 16K)

He basically did.
Thats why he is selling the game now and updating the free game for free as well.
Yet retards bitch about it so fuck all of you.

>user spends years playing his obscure game, wishing he was more popular
>obscure game has a chance to be played by way more people
>instead of taking this opportunity to be a bit more popular, user spends days Reee ing and trying to scare everyone

Thus is why you ll never have friends user

Attached: 1548084717387.gif (499x276, 463K)

Getting used to ASCII isn't hard and tilesets can be a hassle.

>No more ASCII graphics
doubt.jpg

I honestly thought that would be true too but that isn't anywhere on the page. I hope just for shits, that we can use ASCII; just so autists have no excuse but to admit that their bitching is just about whom they percieve to be normies. I fucking hate the autists on Yea Forums.

Why are they a hassle?

> Now with graphics! (Optional ASCII mode available.)
>Your purchase includes Dwarf Fortress Classic if you prefer to play without graphics or music or Steam-specific features, in the “classic” beta branch.

Unironically, non-shitpostingly this. DFags are a special kind of petty and obnoxious.

Literally braindead underage illiterate faggots shitposting too lazy to read the second fucking line on steam.
Good job.

Attached: dwarf.png (659x288, 31K)

This is unironically Trump's fault. He ruined healthcare.

I missed a 3 word string in parentheses. boy i sure am underage and rarted.

Over the past years I often binge play for a few days/weeks and lose my df stuff in one way or the other (new device, fresh windows etc.) and I find myself just getting the newest version of the website to jump right in while I'm still in the mood.
Sometimes I even avoid therapist unless my forts grow way too big to handle.

Just me, though.

Yes, yes you are.

You unironically are.
How hard it is to read a 7 word bulletpoint.
What makes a man stop reading a bulletpoint in the middle?

Good. Cancer is devastating to not only those who have it, but everyone they love. Nobody has a say in what I do anyhow.

I had to watch my father die while i could do nothing to help him, or ease his pain. If a bit of money even remotely has the chance to fix or treat a close family member, i would sell all my belongings in a heartbeat to foot the bills.

Attached: 1552445207433.jpg (640x780, 133K)

Pretty much, autist just cannot read/MUH SEKRET CLUB

>game gets more money which he deserves
>more attention and more popularity
What's wrong with this again?

go away dude. You were never going to play it, judging by your room temp IQ typing pattern.

Muh secret club

peppering the word unironically (which you've done now 3 times itt) unironically doesn't make you smart. fucking zoomer.

People saying "Dorf Fort is casual now" are so wrong it hurts.

You can give this game a Superbowl commercial and it will still be niche. "Graphics" (if you can call a tileset graphics) is not enough t make it casual, it is the sheer complexity that daunts so many people. See this? That's the flowstart just to get started with fortress mode. Go ahead, share it with your friends. It's still gonna take you at least two days just to get used to anything at all and a week to get over the headache from too much information, and that's just getting started. No HFS, no magma hydraulics, no minecart logic, no ranged armies, no tamed dragons, no scenarios, nothing Dwarf Fortress is known for, just getting started. Most "casuals" will quit at the first minute and not even bother looking up a guide online

Attached: FlowchartDF.png (2905x2677, 653K)

i dont know much about this game but this image is really tempting me to play it desu

Attached: dawrf fortress.jpg (481x419, 58K)

At least I can read a fucking sentence.

Four word.
And yes, you are.

What? No it doesn't unless something drastic has happened in two years

Fucking blind jannies

Attached: 227).png (1450x185, 44K)

I've gotten way more than $20 of enjoyment out of dorf fort
Toady and ThreeToe deserve this

lol you should be embarrassed that I "unironically" broke down your whole pathology.

Imagine lacking the mental capacity to read a steam store page but wanking off about how high iq you are because you play le ebin autism simulator. Big L there chief.

You should be embarrassed that your mommi eat doo doo while u typei typei on internet forum pretending to be wacko u penisface :DD )))D)D)D)D)

Attached: vv.png (656x1618, 189K)

yep, you sure are underage and retarded

>intelligent gentleMEN such as myself never miss a sentence on a steam about page as you know $wag is for boys class is for men

Attached: fedoro.jpg (183x276, 5K)

(you)

why would I pay for a tileset?

Does the Steam version get built in mods out of the gate apart from graphics and music? I'm actually a bit worried about the exact opposite with DF Starter Pack still being the superior version and Steam version initially shipping without vital convenience functionalities like DFhack or TheRapist and having to download everything individually. And if that's the case you might as well just download the free and better all-in-one version.

Attached: 1436147789593.png (986x832, 850K)

I wasnt the one spouting off at others before doing some basic reading comprehension dude. Instead of trying to murder us all with cringe induced heart attacks just own it when you make an oopsie like a big boy and stop posting, it's a big step in growing up and I'm sure you're mom would agree with me, just go upstairs and ask her. Last reply btw :).

to help pay for toady's bum cancer hospital bills

To help Toady stay healthy and develop the magic system

lmao what's wrong with you... jesus christ. you are "unironically" an angry fat valueless person who needs to stop projecting.

He is not the unironically dude thats me you faggot why are you in this thread still tho

This is no mere tileset. There is unique coding to be done to allow the display of multiple entities on a single tile with a transparency. So you could have a dwarf standing on blood which is on a cavern floor all layered in the same square. If you notice with regular tilesets there's only one object per tile. Also you get automatic updates and steam workshop makes mods easy.

What will happen when Toady and his brother eventually pass one day? Their project can never be completed in a lifetime can it?

how old are you?

Yea Forums autists seething over literally nothing as usual

Attached: faggotry2.jpg (252x223, 16K)

Nothing. Now argue over this like a good little shitposter.

Attached: 354353254.png (172x171, 8K)

that unironic breakdown of your entire im-so-smart facade really earned me an entertaining meltdown.

LMAO BANNED
fffff l

Just shut up, user, okay?

Attached: 1254174198023.jpg (720x480, 82K)

So you really belived that I am twelve reported me and thought that a ban will stop me? You really are a retard. Also get fucked for false report nigger.

Do the japs play dwarf fortress? Its right up their autism alley.

It's only beggining.

I didn't report shit :]

>make claims that are completely unfounded because you are too busy having a tantrum about your sekrit autism simulator being put on steam to actually read a paragraph of info
>get called out for your retardation
>"oh wow dude who cares that I make accusations about things I know nothing about"
Drink bleach you retarded nigger

SO ANGRY LOL

im fucking hyped dwarf fortress is a great game and the more people that play it means the more money toady and his bro get its a win win

Attached: 1552525138435.png (808x613, 802K)

I didn't make unfounded claims... I said "I didn't see anything about ascii mode on the page" that's literally /all i said/ what a glorious meltdown.

the absolute state of this thread

my opinion of DF players just dropped

Without also implementing some form of animation, the new graphics make it look like a prototype. At least it's all optional. Interested to see what the UI changes will be.

What you get back from the countless hours of learning DF is absolutely not worth the time investment.

I played it when on ASCII and I've played to death plenty of ASCII, the ones who want it on ASCII are either one of two groups. One memers or two they honest to god love ASCII and strangely hoping games will one day return to this format which is asinine.

*raises paw*

um... how are you suppose to make a sprite for a randomly generated creature like a forgotten beast, demon, or night troll?

oh shit ye that's a good point how're they gonna do it

Attached: e40.gif (525x525, 212K)

Attached: 1498399084517.jpg (242x379, 54K)

Modular sprites? But that would take a lot of work

It will either be a generic Cthulhu, Satan, or Grendel image or they'll put in effort (unlikely, since nobody who makes a tileset ever does)

just a generic sprite for beasts you still have to look at it like everything else you have to look at

no thanks, i'll stick to the steam version of DF ;^)

Good, Toady needs the money after all (^;

>rarted

Attached: example-5817.jpg (1024x1024, 58K)

I will pirate it.

>raises paw
Kys furshitter