youtube.com/watch?v=DoVjQ2lVM10
youtube.com/watch?v=B41qbvhP63Q
youtu.be/sQb32IQKuTc
youtube.com/watch?v=tV5l-Nt18o4
wccftech.com/earth-defense-force-iron-rain-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=CufU0zA77js
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

June/July.

does it improve upon 4.1 at all? anything new?

Attached: 1551375062855.jpg (640x955, 80K)

Attached: 1551379479919.png (1324x929, 1.94M)

Attached: 1551384503709.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Attached: edf 5 bike.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

Attached: EDF_RedMeansItsStronger.webm (960x540, 2.39M)

post more webms pls

Attached: SURPRISE.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

thanks, love these

can someone answer this please. considering buying a ps4 just for this

Ton of shitton half of which I can't remember. Fencer is the new wing diver, albeit by accident and what a godly sweet beneficial accident it is. If you collect of ton of weapons and armor during a long tough ass mission but die the game lefts you keep half of it. Absolutely worth getting.

Attached: Nope.webm (1440x860, 2.47M)

It's mostly QOL stuff like sprinting and a less harsh armor/weapon grind.

Attached: edf 4 chopper.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

Attached: 1551393265692.webm (1600x900, 2.4M)

Attached: 1551392526774.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

>Fencer is the new wing diver, albeit by accident
You guys are so dumb.

I wish I had some of mine recorded, they might not be too impressive but I was playing with my friend and since I saw before I thought of trying that on the mech suit on the sides of the legs to make a shield of sorts. I missed the second throw so when I activated the flame thrower it looked like my mech had a flame dick, it was actually quite effective.

Uh-huh? youtube.com/watch?v=1kUzC2y1ro8

That sounds amazing. Woulda loved to see that. If you can you should try it again and webm it.

Attached: 1551384814385.webm (1154x650, 2.98M)

I'll see what I can do. Next time I hang with my friend I'll see if we can record it since we were playing split screen at his place.

>that last minute lag before impact
my sides.

Attached: 1551377717499.jpg (1280x640, 304K)

Attached: 1551375458298.png (599x658, 270K)

It improves a lot for each class, they all became way more independed and solo friendly.
So it all good changes.
But I'd say some new enemy designs and stage designs (not DLC ones, those are great) are pretty weak.
It's good entry, just not better in every single way as I'd hoped at first. 4.1 still has it perks.
Dunno if it alone worth PS4, that console also has other great games tho.
I think if there is really good chance 5 will get port this summer or so. Just wait for a bit more instead of jumping the gun if EDF5 is only thing you want on console.

Attached: [email protected] (370x320, 54K)

that's one way to grind armor
>autocannon
>tempest
>spitefall
>nix
mah nigga

Attached: 1551374407583.png (1335x1046, 829K)

Came out in Dec, It's March. Hopefully it's a 6 month stagger instead of 12.... 4.1 was 6 months iirc

I figured that too since it wasn't that long a gap between PS4's and PC's. Fingers crossed really hard.

Attached: 1551375837694.png (500x324, 344K)

they are too busy now advertising Iron Rain, let that game release next month and then there is a good chance we get PC port announcement

Attached: 1551375619933.png (1400x569, 249K)

Which class is the most chad and why is it the Air Raider?????

Oh shit that's coming out in the West on the same day too, totally forgot

I'm cautiously optimistic about Iron Rain. The multiplayer sounds meh, but the co-op is still there to fall back on. youtube.com/watch?v=PUTAJkd2iCg

this

yeah, it's seems better than insect armageddon but still kinda lacking in some departments
like that versus online mode looks fucking retarded
I've seen some videos too, way too little amount of enemies, little to no feedback from killing giant ones. So dunno.
What also kills it for me - 4 (FOUR) different in game currencies.
Come the fuck on.

Attached: [email protected] (370x320, 60K)

I just hope Iron Rain's good.
>What also kills it for me - 4 (FOUR) different in game currencies.
Didn't hear of this. FOUR currencies? Seems excessive.

My brethren.
So good to see interest in the PC port. This is my most anxiously awaited announcement of 2019. When it comes out on PC I can officially kiss all of my spare time goodbye.

The small number of enemies and lack of feedback worries me too. I feel like it's going to be Insect Armageddon in that department, and the story isn't going to be actually good.

>Didn't hear of this. FOUR currencies? Seems excessive.
FOUR
One is money, 3 are different colored resources you pick up in game.
Not to mention that shitty online versus mode was made specifically to grind those it seems, so who knows how they balanced amount you can gather in singleplayer.
Fuck that noise, I still prefer random drops instead of this bullshit.

Attached: file.png (1198x248, 354K)

Will this game ever get a physical release in the west?

what the best difficulty to use the first time through- normal or hard?

Playasia has them. play-asia.com/earth-defense-force-5-multi-language/13/70c3bh Might cost a couple dollars extra.

No. It seems there was some major difficulty of an unknown description in the localisation.

Definitely hard.

I wonder how much time it takes to finish on all difficulties with all classes. Must be close to 1000 hours.

The core gameplay seems similar to regular EDF, than to insect armageddon. So it's an improvement there.
But it's clearly seems a bit off.
I'd say hard, normal is too easy. Not to mention that if you go on normal then on hard - you hardly will be gettting new weapons for awhile. Because hard starts with dropping 1 lvl weapons. Not to mention that if you clear hard - easy and normal will be counted as "beaten" too. (but if you beat inferno for example - hardest and below won't count as beaten.) EDF 5 seems was built with idea that experienced players will play on hard at start.
You are even locked out from hardest or inferno till you beat game first. If I recall correctly.

Xseed wasn't involved this time around and d3 decided to self publish it for god only knows.

Holy heck, I feel dumb. Thanks, dude.
>Works on all systems sold worldwide
Very nice!

The DLC may be region specific though some anons mentioned previously.

>d3 decided to self publish it for god only knows.
bigger cut of the pie, i assume. EDf 4.1 on PC did pretty well, well enough for them to self publish the Shmup EDF on Steam/PS4
or XSEED just gave it up, couldn't handle things outside of Senran and Fate. They aimed for so many titles for Late 2018/Early 2019 and half of them don't even have concrete release dates
probably a mixture of the two

I for one welcome our new spacegod overlord.

Forgot pic

Attached: spacegod.png (1280x666, 973K)

Not to mention I remember reading somewhere that Nisamerica poached a ton of xseed staff, and whoever's still there is on a sinking ship.

Can't even play 4.1 now on PC cause I know 5 exists.

I wonder who is behind this post

Attached: file.png (110x85, 11K)

why not, it's a great game on it's own.
You are missing out

Attached: [email protected] (370x320, 47K)

Attached: EDF5 fan art.jpg (640x480, 231K)

I don't mind the quaintness and odd phrasing of EDF 5's localisation, but I DO mind the grammatical mistakes. How the fuck did the VAs not complain about having to say "aircrafts"?

Attached: 68422973_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x960, 616K)

Sergeant is real MVP of EDF 5.

Attached: 68375130_p0_master1200.jpg (750x800, 312K)

"Don't worry civilian!"

youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI

I've already played it on PC, fun game but not so fun after knowing there's something bigger and better out there.

Just some guys with infinite determination >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a literal space god
I love that shit

"I'll guide you to the safe place"

4.1 has better main story stage designs. I would call 5 better in every aspect.
Also getting weapons to full upgrade is a pain.

it is
I don't know how to deal with that

*wouldn't
Also there are some weapon changes, Air Raider doesn't have railguns for example and thanks to difference in enemy designs - railguns are not that useful as they were in 4.1 either.
Two games are great on their own. Don't dismiss 4.1.

Attached: 66631512_p0_master1200.jpg (900x1200, 585K)

I'm 78% thru EDF4.1 @ 560 hours.
A LOT of screwing around time though.

if it works as for SRW, preorder SRW T you Gundam Weaboos btw, then you just will need to create Singaporean PSN (or some other asian one), buy prepaid PSN card of same region currency (SGD for Singaporean) and then buy DLC with it.

What I would give for a Doomguy crossover in EDF.

Attached: EDoomF.png (1745x499, 1.63M)

Just play ranger. Same experience basically.

"I'll find out who's behind this awful stuff and make them pay!"

Am I the only one that wants to be able to choose male or female for all classes?

>male wingdiver in sweet jetpack armor
>female air raider to pilot giant robots and drop never ending artillery

Attached: EDF secret ending.webm (356x240, 181K)

Iron Rain is pandering for weirdos like you.
It has full customize of character.

that sounds like a pain in the ass
I don't even know what region the version on playasia is specifically and they take a fucking month to ship things anyway
I don't even know what the dlc for edf is or if it's even worth it

EDF x WarHammer 40K collab WHENNNN????

>that sounds like a pain in the ass
Not really. Creating other country's PSN account is as easy as just regular account. Probablly just gonna look for fake address in google maps.
Play Asia version should be Asia region. So Singapore, Hong-Kong, Taiwan. It's same as for example you getting PAL PS4 game, for DLC you need UK or Russian account, cause those countries are PAL.
EDF 5 DLC are two DLC mission packs which created by people who hate your guts. Also some new weapons. Great value, I cry every time I see what new shit those fucking developers come up with. I hate/love them so much.

>I don't even know what the dlc for edf is or if it's even worth it

EDF DLC is always shitty reskinned starting gear, and extremely, EXTREMELY difficult bonus missions. Shits near impossible on Inferno without a good team.

>oh, an ant mission, how hard could it be?
>huge green ants, and super fast smaller glowing green ants come swarming in like 1000 at a time
>they just wont fucking die

Attached: sweating north korean girl.jpg (228x227, 9K)

5 actually has new weapons, I yet to get them but from what I've seen they are pretty OP.
I think those go beyond 100 lvl.

still sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for a game that I don't even know if I want for sure yet
I fucking hate digital vidya and all this bullshit

Well, you just import game as usual, no one forcing you to buy DLC outright. It will work on any PSN account anyway, PSN accounts come into play when you buy and install DLC, but that's about it.
Play game, see if you want more after completing, then think if it worth to bother with dlc. What's hard about that?

Preferring physical media nowadays is suffering, I get ya.

It was intentional you dumb piece of shit.

>Hey, ranger danger. Now that we've saved humanity, how about we create some more humanity back at the barracks
>NWF

well the other aspect is I hate the ps4 and would rather avoid using it even though there are a few games like this I might actually want to play
I should've never bought it in the first place and built a pc instead

Attached: tank.jpg (1024x576, 186K)

I like how they openly acknowledge their numerous fanservice series in EDF. OmegaCycle and Phantasia mech suit are the best.

Can someone please explain this series to me? I "own" one of these games on Steam via shareplay with a friend, but I really have no idea what this game is about.

You are not making much sense.
Hating digital yet prefering PC? what?
Anyway, wait till inevitable PC port then, and don't whine for whining sake.

You shoot aliens until they die.

Attached: 68121891_p0_master1200.jpg (768x413, 220K)

don't listen to that guy -- you are correct. the community will die in PS4. 4.1 is still going strong on steam and will go on for awhile; especially with the permanent price drop around when 5 was released

I'm saying I hate the ps4, I don't have a pc
when I bought the system I explicitly decided to do that instead of finally getting a pc
physical on ps4 is a fucking worthless joke since now games are just installed to the hard drive anyway and eat up space along with making the disc completely worthless, both from avoiding that and also being plug and play like how consoles should be instead of having to fucking install and download updates for hours, not to mention shit like this where you don't even get a physical version without importing and now having to deal with even more digital fuckery with region specific dlc and shit

4.1 is currently the best game ever made. the series, in general,
>allows the player to create
>give massive setpieces that literally burst into unscripted gameplay
>tons of unique equipment across four classes

You can armor for all classes and dupe weapons become upgrades instead of being thrown into the trash like in 4.1

So basically you are making life difficult for yourself for no apparent reason.
Yeah, it's annoying that there are still installs and there are no "true" physical games anymore, maybe aside of what, 3DS?
But what you gonna do, you can't force time backwards.
Building PC now costs quite a penny (I just did upgrade to more modern budget tier PC and it cost me double of PS4, without counting graphic card, power supply, case, monitor, mouse, keyboard). It has it benefits, same goes for PS4.
Install actually quite painless procedure with physical, I yet to meet game which you really have to wait (like it was with some PS3 games) before you start playing. EDF hardly received any patches either, so nothing much to download.

So user, please stop being such a faggot.

Attached: 1551391440057.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Well look at it this way, you're giving money to a good cause.

it's not that expensive anymore. besides, you were upgrading to something good. EDF doesn't have high requirements and building a PC for EDF is more than justified

also besides -- PS4 communities die off rather fast. 4.1 is still strong on PC

I hate the ps4 for more reasons than that
I would rather forget it exists and that I made the mistake of spending money on it than use it to play games I might like
there are other factors for me being hesitant to buy it, like already having a backlog that I haven't even touched in several years already

Does anybody have any ideas on how to improve the ranger without making him comically overpowered like they did with the air raider? I feel like he's the only class that has to respect level design. In my opinion, his weapons scale really poorly around inferno. Class balance just feels really bad compared to 4. I used to really like playing air raider, but now it feels so brainless. Fencer still feels pretty satisfying to play though.

I understood that reference.
the image

>also besides -- PS4 communities die off rather fast. 4.1 is still strong on PC
So? That question never was brought anyway. Not to mention that playing with randos is not something everyone enjoys.
>it's not that expensive anymore.
Depends on your region, I used basically about 750$ for upgrade:
>32gb DDR4
>new motherboard with all stuff I needed, like old PCE slot and new type-C USB
>Core i3-8100
>256 gb SSD
Sure, if I were in other country price would go down a bit, but still PS4 would be overall better purchase for occasional gaming. Nor 32 gb would be important, I needed that for work stuff.
Presuming user already had a TV, PS4 is perfectly fine choice.
So basically you made a mistake purchase and now bash the thing you bought, not yourself who did mistake in the first place? Either stop being tsundere or go and sell PS4 and build PC. Good luck with that btw.
PS4 is alright, nothing horribly wrong with it. UI is kinda shit, Dualshock is light on battery with dumb LED and touchpad. Sure. But I kinda care about games to play on it, not how system "feels" or something dumb like that. Being an idort makes you look past the hardware and look forward to games instead.

せやな

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 548K)

>Not to mention that playing with randos is not something everyone enjoys.
this is EDF. get with the program. get together with your brothers

>complains about being comically overpowered
>fencer is fine
Big Thinks

When you get 3+ boosts and dashes for the Fencer the entire game becomes near trivial. Still extremely fun to use, but not at all challenging. The only way I can think of to meaningfully affect the Ranger without changing him fundamentally is to give him 3 weapon slots, which he ALWAYS should have had. Beyond that, there's not much you can do with him. Maybe a more functional dodge you don't have to stop shooting for? That maybe wouldn't be in the spirit of things, though.

I prefer just two player coop with friend and voice chat over, so I can hear his scream when I send Air Strike in his general direction

>not being comically overpowered

Attached: 69380475_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x943, 445K)

get with the program, dude. get together with your brothers

no

Attached: download.png (1200x900, 867K)

His really long ones are his best, though

Attached: file.png (818x642, 246K)

my hate of the ps4 is entwined with my hate of modern game trends in general
also the games are the worst part, the ps4 has a fucking atrocious selection and all the exclusives are the same fucking realistic movie shit, which again is tied into modern gaming in general
not to mention the fucking paid online

You sound like a fucking idiot, full of your own shit.

ps4 has Bloodborne

this desu

>my hate of the ps4 is entwined with my hate of modern game trends in general
then play the backlog? Or you are masochist?
>also the games are the worst part, the ps4 has a fucking atrocious selection and all the exclusives are the same fucking realistic movie shit, which again is tied into modern gaming in general
so you are not aware even of PS4 library and only look on the surface, gotcha. It has perfectly fine library, especially considering you don't have a PC, exclusives should be not what you focus on. I haven't played any "movie" game on PS4 and I have like few dozen games in backlog.
>not to mention the fucking paid online
that yeah, is complete and fucking shitfest and I wish I could slap people online when they defend it.

Still it's alright of a system, you are just being a whiny faggot honestly.

I don't care about souls shit
I got that for free months ago when it came to ps+ and still haven't touched it

Is EDF 4.1 fully moddable yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=DoVjQ2lVM10

>_master1200

I have no motivation to play anything and certainly nothing that's on the ps4
I hate the system and want as little to do with it as possible

I know, but suffer
Then toss it out of window, retard.
Honestly why the fuck you are in this thread anyway? Just to bitch and whine? Go on twitter for that shit. Maybe someone will take a pity on idiot there.

Attached: [email protected] (370x320, 30K)

you are missing out bro

Dear lord...it's beautiful.

I love EDF fanart and memes.

And the Sgt gets a laser gun by the end. What a champ.

Oh I do believe fencer is pretty silly, but he's a lot more mechanically involved compared to point and click air raider 2.0 or wing diver. I pretty much play ranger exclusively on 5. I think his new sprint could use some work, either in terms of how well it scales uneven terrain or having better cooldown. I like the 3rd weapon slot idea a lot. Maybe he could have a whole category of weaker subweapons for that slot so he can fill an extra niche without becoming too powerful.

>4.1 is currently the best game ever made

would be interested in hearing what puts it above 5

I'm fucking hype for Charger 3-3. I need it now!

because I've never played an edf before and wanted to maybe get 5 or 4.1 but being on the ps4 and not having a physical release and cross region dlc fuckery is just making me angry about the state of games instead

4.1 is cheap and has physical western release with all DLC included, you can probably find it locally.
>making me angry about the state of games instead
Keep your retardation to yourself or create a new thread about it and bitch there. Don't pollute decent threads with this shit.

Attached: [email protected] (370x320, 51K)

but why would I buy 4.1 when 5 is apparently better in every way?

The man gives you a solution for exactly what you're looking for and you bitch again instead.
EDF 4.1 is perfectly fine. EDF 5 has a shit load of QoL but you get a digital release only. Just fucking play it or don't.

Not in every way, read the thread.
Enemies and stage desgins are better in 4.1.
Both games are great overall, no point choosing one over other.

I'm right there with you user. I bought a ps4 and I'm really questioning if I should buy it on console or wait for the pc port. Main reason being that I prefer the keyboard controls in terms of camera movement. EDF 4.1 finally lowered in price to 20 bucks on Steam so I'm hoping an announcement or something comes soon for 5.

>The multiplayer sounds meh, but the co-op is still there to fall back on
I know what you mean but co-op IS multiplayer.

Artist on twitter?

dunno, I found image via EDF tag on pixiv.
tho I used JP name of the game I think.
It's basically drawn upon tho, so you can't really espect same art even if you find author

>but co-op IS multiplayer
Goddamn it. So much for wishful thinking.

Yeah I know GYARI. Anyway I found it through saucenao. Didn't initially think it would be on Pixiv.

No user, sorry to scare you, I meant co-op is technically a multiplayer mode. I'm just being pedantic.

The aliens and rolling fuckers are brilliant.

It's fun novelty, but they are annoying to fight against honestly. Not in a good way. Especially with armor and regrowing limbs.
With walking fortress in 4.1 it was hard, but you could appreciate the design of the thing, how turrets and angles to fire are hard to find. So it wasn't annoying. Not entirely correct equation but you get the idea. Tho I also think I do prefer hectors over aliens.
Rolling ones, depends on a class. It's a huge pain to play against as ranger. Not so for other classes.

The fact you can remove limbs at all is a plus for you, not an annoyance. It's similar to the way you can redirect the hectors arms with firepower.

Removing them is good idea, I mean that they regrow them over time is kinda annoying. But that not huge deal, the armor and constant rolling is way more annoying.
Dunno, I just don't find fighting against them all that enjoyable. It is still satisfying to obliterate them with good weapon tho, especially with additional hatred added. But I just don't think they are as fun of an enemy as hector were.

Attached: edf5,.jpg (1920x1080, 619K)

If you copy the id code ( 68121891)
open a random image on pixiv, replace the id code with the one you copied and hit enter you open the page, then you just click the artist's name.

Yes, it's better than 4.1 in every possible way. Too many things to bother mentioning.

The only possible bad things than a small % of people might dislike are weapon balancing. For example WingDiver doesn't have the same OP Idunn bow weapons (that braindead stream of lightning that would clear any and all underground missions even on Inferno) and Ranger got nerfs to snipers. Also all classes except Fencer can no longer select the same weapon twice (for ammo capacity or reload purposes) that's now exclusive to Fencer.
With all of that being said I will once again emphasize that other changes more than make up for that. Gameplay, equipment, loot progression, loot tables, Enemy classes, (some) vechicles, viability of MANY existing weapons all got massive improvements.

Attached: 1527961656638.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

I mean you are correct for most part, but that doesn't make some stages more interesting.
Deroys are now less dangerous cause you can move under their fire. Tadpoles are not as fun as dragons, not to mention lack of giant dragon. Only one type of dropship which is pretty bland, giant fortress replacement is underwhelming chore of killing off turrets. Now instead of what, 5 you had to deal with while trying to find good spot for firing - you have dozens of them which you lazily can hit from any point of few. And so on.
I can't really agree that 5 is better in every aspect.

You forgot the best part:
OOOOOOOHOHOHO

>implying spitefall wasn't already great

Sure, but it didn't have a smug ojousama, did it?

I guess, shame there is no dual audio

May I ask what you don't like about the new enemy designs?
I can't think of one I don't prefer in 5.
-Small UFO's in 5 have a simple shape that is much less frustrating to hit than the flyers in 4.1
-Large bipedal monsters (AyyLmaos and Frogs in 5) are much more fun than 4.1's robos. They also have more complexity to them like the limb dismemberment and armor systems, the only thing the giant robos in 4.1 did was bounce around way too much with every hit.
-Dragons in 4.1 became flying frogs in 5. What's not to like?
-Rolly Bois are an unique melee-only enemy type that require a different kind of focus from others, makes your butt pucker up even if you're playing a super safe long-range missile-only Fencer build. Good addition IMO

And although it's not an enemy change per say, having less missions with the giant web spiders is a huge blessing.

I see. Well, I never found the dragons particularly engaging to fight, the switch to froggos is at least more visually appealing. And I get that there's less giant enemy variety (or less fun in your opinion) but at the same time that is such a small % of missions that I didn't even notice. In 4.1 doesn't the giant dragon only appear in a single mission? At least the only one I recall is the one with 3 or 4 giant enemies.
And all of that gets counteracted by the super fun giant bipedal enemies in 5, an enemy type that you fight much more frequently in both games relative to giant ship sieges (2 or 3 missions in 5, same for 4.1) or giant enemy appearances (10 missions at best?)

I still much prefer 5's enemy roster as a whole compared to 4.1. But you are right that if we break that category into all of its components then 4.1 is better in some of them.

I played the whole thing co-op with a friend and we didn't find out what the fuck that was or why it triggered until misson 40+. In my defense, he was the AirRaider.

Attached: 1533349650190.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

God I need this game on PC NOW bros
How is EDF so much fucking fun

It embodies the spirit of console gaming

Attached: 1548488741715.jpg (1920x1080, 700K)

what does 4.1 allow you to create? I've owned it for a while on steam and played a decent amount (well probably nothing compared to you guys)

>This is Number 15. Sentinel 2, please respond. Please!
"This is F3. Sentinel 2 has been neutralized. Return to F3.
>"Number 15 here, do you have...confirmation?"
"Situation confirmed."
>"What the hell? ...This is a joke...JOKES!"
"You are the sole survivor. It's good to hear that you are fine."
>Fine?! What the hell is fine about it? My friends were in there!"
"So was my brother."

Attached: 1526772371246.png (482x427, 79K)

>after a pause he just accepts the order and shuts up
I feel like the end of 5 is particularly pessimistic.

>May I ask what you don't like about the new enemy designs?
I'm also behind so you can see part of complains.
>-Large bipedal monsters (AyyLmaos and Frogs in 5) are much more fun than 4.1's robos. They also have more complexity to them like the limb dismemberment and armor systems, the only thing the giant robos in 4.1 did was bounce around way too much with every hit.
Armor on ayys is a bit too excessive, even when you in complete superiority "when you'll fucking die already" moment happens way too often, it's annoying, not to mention always same animations when they are hit gets old.
>-Small UFO's in 5 have a simple shape that is much less frustrating to hit than the flyers in 4.1
Problem with them is that they are only type. That's just straight downgrade.
>-Dragons in 4.1 became flying frogs in 5. What's not to like?
Not as dangerious and overall smaller size + you hit them to point of activating ragdolll and then they get back like king spiders is annoying.
>-Rolly Bois are an unique
Global Defense Force (EDF2) called. I have no problem with those.
>In 4.1 doesn't the giant dragon only appear in a single mission?
2 of them. Sure, not that often, but now you count how often Araneas appear in 5, and suddenly they are quite rare. Mission design in 5 is one another problem I have with it. It's not bad, just not as good.
Of course it's all partially a taste thing, and I can perfectly see how comparing 4.1 to 5 can be a bit unfair, because it had so much time to be fleshed out thanks to be basically 2 game series (keeping enemies from 2017) + enchanced port.

EDF 5 is good game, I already have 130 hours in it. Just hoped it will be overall upgrade, not partial one.

they'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
just create planet of EDF soldiers and give a warm welcome next time aliens will show up.

Some of them deserved to die. Too stupid for this world.

youtube.com/watch?v=B41qbvhP63Q

Well. I wonder what EDF6 will bring?

I'm playing 4.1 and I am extremely miserable. I love the game and I want to play as all the characters, but it seems it wants to make me go through the entire story 3 times with each character to be ready for end game. I'm just skipping to inferno and grinding for good weapon drops early.

well EDF 2 was sequel to EDF 1
EDF 4.1 (2025) is sequel to EDF 3 (2017)
So probably we get actual sequel to EDF 5.

How excited are you for Iron Rain?

I'm not liking the stiff physics/monsters but I think it's worth the purchase to try out the new class/movement system. Also I saw a preview a few weeks back and the guys said the multiplayer was bad (he was refering to the PvP arena mode) but he seemed to imply there was no multiplayer co-op at all, although he was a casual of the series. Can anyone confirm?

Attached: 1538167621879.jpg (1400x788, 148K)

well at least it's pretty painless to do so, good to feel a bit OP until pain starts.
it's not like you have to beat easy and normal, I did that for armor tho.

Yep since it's technically a reboot, not a prequel I'm just kind of looking at where it can go from killing literally Gray Jesus.

my personal EDF autismcanon is:
colonists are no longer subject to the influence of the primers and now, stranded on earth, join the remnants of humanity in rebuilding society, and later join the EDF in fighting when the next big bad threat (more aliens? eldritch space horrors? demons or some shit?) shows up, using salvaged primer technology to augment their arsenals

colonists become the new 5th class. for the first time you're a Big Guy. you're huge and have big weapons, and so naturally you must think differently when it comes to cover and avoiding damage

Attached: 69390910_p4.jpg (787x1400, 303K)

remove frogposters

As much as I think the fencer is fat enough in terms of hitboxes, I dig the idea of you finally being the alien.

Grey Jesuses become enemy grunts.

Pls no.

And there are now RED Jesuses
it means they are stronger

There's co-op. At least, that's what "EasyAllies" said.
I dunno if I'm really 'excited' as such; I will definitely be buying the game (although the AU PSN price is absolutely eye-watering, $90.95 ausbux) but I'm not expecting much out of it. Probably Insect Armageddon 2: slightly less bad edition.

The ayy armor isn't that bad once you get some good weapons. Now when they were first introduced... yeesh.
But their heavy armor is meant to encourage you to focus fire on one part of them instead of just randomly spraying. Focus fire kills them real good.

Plus watching them try to crawl away or seemingly play dead is a great little thing. Just gotta coup de grace them with a missile.

Araneas are really weirdly used in 5.
Weren't they the final monster to be introduced? It didn't really understand how/why they were used. They should've been introduced before our flying SCHMUP frog friends and used more often. Araneas and their webs would have been terrifying in combination with those flying frogs.

I'm not super hyped just because I don't want to feel let down after playing 4.1 and 5.

But because this is EDF, I don't really take any of the talk or videos released very seriously. Nobody that plays it or shows it off knows ever seems to know what the fuck they're doing or what to show off.

>But their heavy armor is meant to encourage you to focus fire on one part of them instead of just randomly spraying. Focus fire kills them real good.
I mean yeaaah, but that with constant rolling behind buildings and regrowing arms, and if one with lasers is just blinding you. It's just annoying at times honestly.
>Weren't they the final monster to be introduced?
yep, I think they were. And hardly appeared much after that either.
That's my bigger grasp with base 5 game, stage designs are not as great at times. While in 4.1 it was more consistent quality wise.
DLCs tho are great.

>grasp
gripe
Engrish strikes again

it's shaping up to be one bland-as-fuck experience. all the classes having access to all the weapons just means one of them will end up being objectively better than the rest. the gameplay they've shown has been an absolute bore to watch. my expectations for this game are at Insect Armageddon 2: Electric Boogaloo levels

Attached: 1487242405975.jpg (960x540, 58K)

FUCKING LASERS.

If it wasn't the blinding it was the momentum killing.

Those lasers were my bane.

Fucking loved this.
>sees frog aliens
>two eyes, mouth, hands and feet, and they talk. These are basically human beings.
>actual human looking aliens come with EVERY FEATURE THEY DESCRIBED
>"those look nothing like people!"

Also,
>literally giant frogs
>"they look like they're afraid of water!"

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

Attached: salute.png (209x241, 4K)

Not much honestly. Amount of enemies is small, too much of western focus, multiple resources, pointless versus mode and crafting.

aim for heads (aka git gud) and break their helmets. they won't get as big a speed-boost from a broken helmet as they do from broken torso armor

Attached: T1wSqTZ.png (696x654, 942K)

I swear helmets are 20x more damage resistant than anywhere else

FROM VICIOUS GIANT INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

fuck them
I'm Air Raider.
So imagine that with Limpet sniper? Too much wasted time and effort. Better just obliterate them with autocannons or miniguns. or better both. There is little point to aim for the head considering the spread.

WE'LL UNLEASH ALL OUR FORCES WE WON'T CUT THEM ANY SLACK

Attached: firefox_2019-03-15_07-26-27.png (1054x588, 1.23M)

THE EDF DEPLOYS

Attached: [email protected] (370x320, 30K)

naturally, air raider is the exception
fresh OC

Attached: edf5 who would win.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

The official site confirms co-op.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-15 EARTH DEFENSE FORCE IRON RAIN.png (636x417, 84K)

>naturally, air raider is the exception
well take all my complains on that angle.
I did played other classes a bit but not that much. Air Raider is about 80% of my gameplay time.

>co-op
>6 players
wut
I mean I sure do hope they'll have hordes to accomodate that but I kinda doubt.

OUR SOLDIERS ARE PREPARED FOR ANY ALIEN THREATS

the frogs and gooks are fun as fuck though. except that one cunt with the constant beam. fuck him.

learn the new song, philistines
youtu.be/sQb32IQKuTc

Attached: 70664391_p0.png (1080x1821, 2.94M)

5 songs are weak

Can you sing these during levels to boost morale though?
The first time I sang a line from the song and the rest of my troop sang the next line was the moment I knew EDF was a game for me. Little shit like that makes my day

you just don't know the words by heart yet, 4.1let
I was the same way. you'll understand one day
yes

Attached: 34b8WCO.jpg (1152x648, 94K)

nah, they are just weak and unmemoriable.

THE NAVY LAUNCHES SHIPS, THE AIR FORCE SENDS THEIR JETS

Why are fencers so fucking cool!?

Attached: 53200461_p0.jpg (1300x900, 416K)

>"Storm 1, do you have a death-wish, too?"

Attached: 66996817_p0.jpg (900x981, 604K)

Attached: 64312999_p0.png (600x480, 270K)

Just did the construction mech fight against not!anguirus, truly worth it

I like that Grim Reapers are made after what people did with fencers in 4.1

which kamen rider theme plays when you do this?

>get Flame Revolvers for the first time
>aw fuck that sounds radical as shit
>dual wield them
>MFW I hold down both triggers and they finally start firing

Attached: cricket.gif (480x320, 1.13M)

what are the specs required?

Sometimes aiming at the ceiling is too much of a hassle to do yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=tV5l-Nt18o4

>tfw you just wanna dual wield cool shit like the fists or miniguns but Fencer is basically just a liability to the team if one of his loadouts isn't a melee weapon + shield
I just wanna be a rockem sockem robot and still be able to shoot things if I need to

Attached: 5421517469_d0d2997eec_b.jpg (1024x678, 79K)

Whats you guys opinion on Insect Armageddon?
Its the first one I played, and I remember enjoying it. However I went back to play the others later and now I am unsure if I would like it as much.

Attached: ed vs bee.png (600x600, 30K)

>Whats you guys opinion on Insect Armageddon?
It was a mistake.
Literally worst game of the series.

Dunno if you haven't played edf 5 but your dream has become a reality. Melee weapon+gun is the way to go.

Attached: HAIYAI.webm (900x506, 2.76M)

Attached: EDF.jpg (1070x900, 541K)

WHAT ARE THE SPECS FOR THIS GAME?

accurate
PS4, TV, Dualshock

Attached: [email protected] (370x320, 54K)

I've never played an edf game
what do I get
can I play it without any friends

>what do I get
4.1 or 5, earlier games are good, but not as good. Still basically same gameplay across all 5 games. That's why series is loved.
>can I play it without any friends
yeah, it plays perfectly fine, but most solo friendly from latest games is 5. in 4.1 it's kinda hard to have all the fun while being alone, too much specific weapons relying on each other. Earlier games were designed to play alone or via splitscreen. So it's fine there.

Do you think She'll fly for reasons other than war?

Attached: 1468941240191.jpg (1100x619, 738K)

Thoughts on iron rain?

Attached: 10B6A132-41BE-442C-B487-2EA71AAF8A9D.jpg (750x1243, 467K)

5 wise they started as entertainers, so duh
Wing Divers already flied before war

Thank god they clarified the last point.

They trying too much to pander western audience / 10.
Better than IA, but that's not saying much. At least they keeping this bullshit to spinoff and don't bother Sandlot with this crap

>Normally a jetpack stripper
>Suddenly forced to fight giant bees

>Oh sweet, I got a job to fix tons of air conditioners at local military base.
>a lot of easy work, good pay too!
>they'll show me around today, can't wait.

Titan is the best tank ever
>tfw firing the requiem cannon

Attached: EFF04C30-6480-415D-A97F-05E00963E963.jpg (1280x720, 341K)

>firing requirem cannon at walking fortress in EDF 4.1
>IT DIDN'T DO SHIT

I wish the missions were less repetitive and boring. It's a good concept for a game but it needs western polish instead of eastern soullessness.

>western polish

Attached: [email protected] (370x320, 19K)

>Edf 4.1 frecuently crashing not only the game but windows completely
>Try literally everything to fix it, even formatting your pc
>Game still crashes
This is fucking awful. I can't wait for 5 on pc to play in peace for once.

Attached: 1551750469346.jpg (554x640, 210K)

>western
>polish

Attached: CHMcq7a.png (337x305, 82K)

That's the great thing about EDF5, It didn't add many new weapons, but it made a LOT of existing ones viable.
On Fencer, for example, You have a 2 slots to boost whatever you like. In the dual-flamethrower case, you can have 100% recoil reduction, no more pointing at the sky after 0.0002 seconds of use.

As for the other user being sad about melee+shield taking up half your weapon slots, that's also no longer the case. Now nearly all weapons have boost or dashes, and you don't need to animation-cancel in order to quickly chain them. You instead use the 2 special slots for that.
There's a very fun build with dual-miniguns where you install a 500% walking speed modifier, so you strafe as fast as Sonic while shooting your load, and build up speed by occasionally dashing combined with the mind-blowing momentum of 500% walking.

Fencer got the least amount new weapons, but he feels the most different compared to 4.1 because of his new movement/misc. mechanics and new (actually viable) weapon combos.

So turn that frown upside down, faggot!

Attached: 1537866986976.jpg (854x909, 550K)

>Ranger got nerfs to snipers
so lysander dual wielding has been nerfed? That would be a shame

Yes, you can't do that anymore.

dual-wielding is limited to fencer now. ranger's greatest strength is in his close-range combat now, particularly shotguns

Attached: 68157327_p0.jpg (2158x2032, 1.49M)

Well dang
It makes sense since it was OP but it was kinda fun

So hyped to use the new governor!

So why exactly do they take so long to make the PC port again? Sounds like it would have been an instant AA-tier hit if they had released it at the same time to ride the hype.

Because they're (D3) mismanaging idiots, plain and simple.

EDF grunts failing to make the connection with the animal the monsters are based off is the best running gag in 5. Flying bees? Those are birds. Giant bee nest? It's a cattle ranch.

>yfw you first realized the NPC rangers sing the next verse of the song.

PC is still not a big platform in japan, and even though some publishers have woken up to the western market others still don't quite understand that we like their games too.

>Give a low mobility and somewhat squishy class good close combat weapons.
Eww I know they can sprint in 5 but still. That's something i'd only do with wing diver to use rapiers.

Attached: 1542982996796.png (314x278, 129K)

it's not just sprinting, they also get increases to regular movement speed

>They fire the requiem cannon at the walking base in 5
>still doesn't do shit.

Attached: 1539457127792.png (712x285, 180K)

trust me, it works. at point-blank ranges, shotgun blasts pierce enemies. ranger also gets a few more piercing options in the assault rifle category

and of course, acid gun/super acid gun are just as powerful as ever at any range

Attached: edf5acidgun.jpg (826x1169, 379K)

is that was [PT] on weapon means? For Ranger i've been mostly using stork rifles paired with a lysander/rocket/missile as needed.

DID YOU TELL HER YOU LOVED HER?

PS4 version is more than enough for them to survive and prosper, they've stuck mostly with 1 platform for all these years, no need to change that.
They're also a small team and porting a game is never as easy as it seems, unless they contract a 3rd party to do the port but that'd be another logistical problem. Just like any AA company, don't expect their games to release on a non-prefered platform. If you like japanese AA and want to get 90% of their games without delay (and guaranteed) then get a Playstation, that simple.

I'M OUT OF BULLETS!

THERE'S NO WAY THAT CAN BE RIGHT!

Attached: 66794740_p7_master1200.jpg (470x430, 88K)

I didn't know how much I needed pictures of edf soldiers with dogs

Attached: 40241525_p2_master1200.jpg (378x800, 195K)

Dogs are a precious treasure of this planet! We can't let the invaders hurt them!

Attached: 40241525_p10.jpg (900x623, 464K)

yes. [PT] means it penetrates for the entire range

THAT'S ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Attached: 40241525_p8_master1200.jpg (714x770, 390K)

Fuck that it has gotten so little marketing.
4.1 was the most fun Ive had in years and I keep forgetting that 5 is even out.

EARTH DOGFENSE FORCE

Attached: 42744863_p7_master1200.jpg (640x640, 248K)

I wanna buy this game for PS4 since I dont wanna wait for the PC version but then I have to buy ps+ too because shit was the most fun ever online

I love when the Attack Whale pilot talks to the air raider and to try and form a brother in arms relationship. Thanks George, great moves, keep it up.

Attached: 45710639_p9_master1200.jpg (1024x1188, 769K)

These EDF dog pictures are wholesome.

Attached: gochuumon_cuties.jpg (2281x1433, 416K)

All the more reason to give ravagers the boot!

Attached: 53202698_p3_master1200.jpg (600x600, 287K)

i want to play this game right meow but no mone ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ━

Stop talking like that, weirdo.

Attached: BY.jpg (407x224, 44K)

>ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ━
Cute!

gore upgrading weapons by picking up the same ones. better weapon balance. slightly better visuals more missions. better class balance (fly cunt still broken actuall maybe even more broken)

Wing Diver strongk!

Attached: 53461404_p3_master1200.jpg (900x750, 217K)

Why were the Reapers such chads yet the Spriggans were such bitches?

One new how to dash-cancel one didn't.

Attached: 42744863_p3_master1200.jpg (600x600, 193K)

What do you think the Stringer is chambered in?

Attached: 63672015_p1_master1200.jpg (736x280, 91K)

How do I wing diver without being a waste of space

>Ruining a great game with a pc-port

pckeks are really this dumb.

>Not wanting everyone to be able to play edf without having to buy a new console
Where's your EDF pride, soldier!?

Serve drinks!

Attached: 42744863_p11_master1200.jpg (545x409, 191K)

The other games are all on PC, it just takes time.
Either way, I'm not paying another 60 bucks just to be able to play my 60 dollar game online

>Less mobile than Fencers
>Less damage than Rangers
>Less aoe than Air Raiders
I want to bully Wing Divers and remind them how useless they are!

1. learn 2 balance energy during combat
2. don't reload while holding L2
3. fight on the ground when possible, and know when it's absolutely safe to fight in the air (see point 2)
>>less damage than rangers
no way dude. phalanx and dragoon lance are preposterously strong at all levels and the only cost is a semi-lengthy charge-up time. plus, her best sniper is a 22k damage plasma launcher

Attached: 70449702_p0.jpg (826x1169, 613K)

>you'll never have a nice drink with a wing diver after bullying ants

Attached: 1542135070442.jpg (349x416, 64K)

>You'll never have a nice drink with an ant after bullying Wing Divers

Attached: yusei_fudo_10_by_ulimatepokemonnfan-d7puffu.jpg (614x726, 58K)

She probably has a ton of cool hobbies she'd tell you about. And about flight school.

Attached: 19360160_p0_master1200.jpg (881x784, 537K)

>Drinking with a buggernaut
Fuck off, race traitor!

Attached: 66561273_p0.png (480x600, 436K)

Attached: v5t3dNn[1].jpg (730x488, 70K)

>buggernaut
That term was only ever used in EDF 2, right?

>"Hey user, I got a larger jetpack, I can take you sight seeing now!"

Assume 2 also counts for demanding charged weapons?

>all these portbeggers
And then they are the same ones shitposting ps4 has no games.

EDF in SRW when

Attached: file.png (800x800, 756K)

I wish it was used more, I'm a sucker for puns. It's also one of those words that sounds dirty or racist but isn't. (I hope it's racist, I fucking hate giant bugs and ravagers)

Fuck off user, EDF threads are no place for pretending to be a retard

yeah.
another thing to keep in mind is that the listed energy cost of charging/reloading weapons is """subtracted""" from the charge rate of your currently equipped plasma core. you'll just have to eyeball it to get a feel for how that works, but hopefully that makes sense

Attached: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5_20190313044621.jpg (1920x1080, 600K)

I enjoy EDF so much that my brain doesn't even recognize it as schlock anymore. Which if you think about it is the best kind of schlock.

Cute!

Attached: 68808656_p1_master1200.jpg (900x981, 635K)

It's fucking true. Fuck off assholes who don't support these games unless the chance comes they get ported.

bad dragon dildos coated in gasoline and anthrax

Attached: m7WtXRJ.png (376x383, 395K)

Attached: BAKI.png (161x240, 44K)

I bought every EDF game that came out on steam, not gonna buy a PS4 just because the PC release of 5 isn't out yet.

I'm not going to show the devs that I want the games on a platform I think is shit, I want them to know that I'm on the PC along with a large portion of consumers, if I just caved and bought it on PS4 instead they wouldn't know that a large portion of their audience doesn't want to play on that console. I hate dualshock controllers, I hate their shitty UIs, I hate Sony's slimy business practices, I hate that you have to pay to use your own internet on the $400 console you bought while playing the $60 game you bought, I hate that it has almost no exclusives, and the few it does have all end up on PC a few months later. I ain't buyin a PS4, hopefully if more people like me are patient and wait for the PC version we won't have to wait at all in the future .

It just really damned sucks that PS4 online is paid. Can't even have normal free online these days.

Then fuck you nigger

Like other user said earlier, keep your retardaton to yourself and stick to thread topic. There's already enough Snoy threads for that, go there then.

you might not need to wait forever. from this interview:
wccftech.com/earth-defense-force-iron-rain-interview/
>"Maybe you remember Earth Defense Force 4.1. After the launch, there was a PC release on Steam. I think that [Earth Defense Force 5] will have one as well, but I do not know when."

Attached: 71171700_p4.jpg (480x640, 142K)

If you're a poorfag, sure.

>EDF on PS4
>ew snoy game haha
>EDF gets ported
>OH FUCK I WAS PRAYING SO BAD I LOVE PS4 GAMES

Ye, I have no doubts that it will be on PC, its just a matter of how long we have to wait for the port. Fingers crossed that going forward they plan for a multiplat release at launch rather than porting it a year later

I am, actually. Just finished my postgrad, need to find a job. But I'm too lazy at the moment and just relishing my temporary freedom and playing games all day. Haven't even prepared my resume

Got to be July. There was a seven month gap between 4.1's PS4 and PC port.

I will not support it on a platform that doesn't allow me to fully enjoy the game. Low framerates and the gameplay design does not fit well with console specs and control schemes.

They already know that there is a sizable demand for the game on PC even when the port for 4.1 came out very late. There was no business excuse to not capitalize on this the next time around immediately. They'll get their money when they finish catering to that new market and not before.

Then shut up and stop whining and wait port as patient people.

There is a difference between whining and being excited you sperg.
Do you literally not understand how hype works?

Hype works on retards.
Especially if you try to hype things which do not even exist.
All you do is whine like a little faggot.
And that's why no one likes you./

Are you writing a schizo poem or trying to actually make sense, because you're only succeeding at one of these things

u need to chill bro

>I ain't buying it on console
>Fuck you, I say what I want, buy the game on console instead, give it money, and I'll wait and cultivate hype for the pc port.
>don't fucking argue with me, I'm hyping this shit up more that you fucks are

Attached: fuck you, buy tha gaem.png (1280x800, 943K)

>bringing platform wars into EDF thread
no, I won't. That faggot deserves to give a birth to hedgehog against its fur.

Lost it at the katamari

There needs to be something that punishes armor and weapon hackers.

>Alright, maggots, party's over. The real fun starts right now.

Attached: zim.jpg (853x480, 40K)

>I want a big, juicy steak!

Attached: 1518154184197.jpg (583x439, 35K)

>buy 4.1 and we'll port the Vita rereleases
>no word ever since
I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you

i fucking loved 4.1 to bits but FUCK the grind for armor
weapons at least got gradually more interesting and fun as you went to unlock them but armor was, what, like 3 or 2 boxes just for one armor point, and you'd have to pick up every single one of the fucking things?
on huge levels that are a pain in the ass to traverse quickly, WITHOUT killing the last insect so the level doesn't end? who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
does 5 improve upon that at all? if not, when it does come to pc, i'm just gonna fucking cheat and give myself a reasonable amount of armour as needed.

Grinding armor is for pussies who can't into beating stages with low armor.
And pussies must suffer.

>muh gatekeeping

Someone made this in a previous thread but I feel like it can be inhanced further

Attached: 7AF108F9-13DA-4275-8A87-6F0B10BFCA87.jpg (1024x512, 61K)

I used cheat engine as well, but I did make it so that it just boosted the crate drop rates. Still had to grind quite a bit before I had everything unlocked with a decent armor level (though I tended to keep that gain rate low), which is a scary thought. Just how much suffering did the PS players go through with no CE?

Make the others have the fencer, ranger and wing diver heads?

>just how much suffering did the PS players
we just git gud instead of using cheat like a wusses

>I bought every EDF game that came out on steam
So, not many at all.
Meanwhile PS users literally bought every EDF game (ever) and sustained the series until today, which would still be viable without the PC sales.

I don't actually care what you do, I just hate it that WITHOUT EXCEPTION every single previously console exclusive franchise gets shit threads once it gets a PC release, and even before then due to portbegging. I just want comfy threads. It gets so bad that it reaches this point where people start believing bullshit like the game not being designed with controllers in mind (when it was a console game since PS2) and then starts complaining about the charmingly bad framerate being a deal breaker. It's these attitude changes that permanently damage the comfyness of threads.
Souls threads were actually god-tier believe it or not, until DaS1's PC port.
Nier and Taro threads were also consistently god tier, now they are filled with Platinumfags and PC newfags.
Same for EDF. Absolute comfy zone without exception, until PC port rumors started and sometimes a post limit thread was 50%+ port wars. Now it's hit or miss whether an EDF will be good or not, and of course port begging is ALWAYS in one, even if only 5 or 6 posts, it's annoying.

>bullshit like the game not being designed with controllers in mind (when it was a console game since PS2) and then starts complaining about the charmingly bad framerate being a deal breaker.
user, bad framerates and not liking the dualshock aren't "bullshit"
Some of us just don't want to play the game on a PS4, its not like its exclusive for any actual reason, they just haven't bothered porting it.

It's kind of a odd trade off where there's more chance of getting a port of EDF on PC by buying it first on PS4, and there's no conclusive measure that doing so actually funds the PC ports but I'll throw cash on it console first if it means the possibility of getting it on Steam half a year later.

>Some of us just don't want to play the game on a PS4
Then stop acting like a console fanboys making same port beggar threads and wait till announcement you fuckers.

How about you calm your autism instead and stop trying to enforce arbitrary rules that only exist in your mind.
Why the fuck do you care that people are anticipating the PC release, do you genuinely think we're not allowed to be excited for 5 because we're not "REAL" fans if we didn't play on a playstation instead?

>not liking the dualshock aren't "bullshit"
But you didn't say that. You straight up said it was badly designed for consoles. Reality is that you jsut suck shit with a controller because you aren't used to one. Weapon balance in EDF fits controllers much better, with the mouse it's way too easy to control Fencer's aim acceleration/momentum/recoil/sway, for example. Just because it's easier doesn't mean it's meant for that.

And yes everyone complains about framerates, but it was never a dealbreaker. It's just a small point the "fanbase" took a liking to, inside jokes and whatnot, but nowadays it's almost only seen as a purely bad aspect. This is a small complaint on my part of sure, but threads are made of these small things, and removing them alters the mood of threads. EDF is still half-safe with people who 100% ignore or pay no mind to PC posters, but then the other half of posts are port begging shitters.

>its not like its exclusive for any actual reason, they just haven't bothered porting it.
You gave a reason right there. They'd need to put extra work on porting it. Wasting time for other projects. PS4 was chosen because the brand is historically known to sell well and is a safe heaven for AA developers, if they only have the team size, know-how and budget for one version then the Playstation is definitely it, every time.
That being said we know a PC version will appear some day, it's just not the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd priority for them so just wait a while and please never ever portbeg on EDF threads until you get the game yourself.

lol fuck your "precious" threads

if I can play the games on PC I have the right to shit all over them

Because this user is actually right. You fuckers ruin threads. You like your framerate and keyboard+mouse controls, everyone gets that, stop yelling about them in every god fuck forsaken thread.
Not to mention that you breed other type of autists like this retard.

We already know that, no need to prove our point even further that PC ports ruin previously comfy threads.

>You fuckers ruin threads.
Pretty sure the thread was going fine with no platform arguing until some autist showed up and started sperging out about people wanting it on PC instead of PS4

Where has the time gone? youtube.com/watch?v=CufU0zA77js

>I want the game avaiable only on PS4 as of now!
>buy PS4
>But I want it on PC!!!
>fuck off and wait
and then you start sperging like retards you are, stop whining if you want to be taken seriously

So, hyped for Iron Rain or not?

I still can't decide if I wanna put down 90 for it, I have platinumd every single EDF (except IA, but I liked it).

So far it looks alright youtube.com/watch?v=PUTAJkd2iCg

user the entire thread was for PC players waiting for the port, why the fuck would you come here if you didn't want to see PC players talking about waiting for it?
Its literally the fucking OP
>PC port when?

>i don't know if I want to buy or play it on PS4 just to play it
>why aren't you understanding my dilemma? I WANT it on PC. I want to play it NOW.
>I don't like the controls for it
>can for once PC players stop rubbing it in my face that I can't play it? Fuck you guys

Attached: lol.gif (320x231, 1.95M)

Why were those posts removed?

> My last question: Is there a possibility that Earth Defense Force 5 will be released for PC?
> Maybe you remember Earth Defense Force 4.1. After the launch, there was a PC release on Steam. I think that [Earth Defense Force 5] will have one as well, but I do not know when.
Sauce: wccftech.com/earth-defense-force-iron-rain-interview/
Seems only a matter of time now that they did all the work to have a western release.

Attached: 820.jpg (600x367, 28K)

>charmingly bad framerate
Oh boyo.

Indeed. I concur and agree, fellow user, that based on said interview and port release history of previous EDF series entries that there is definite, if not mostly, possibility of entry the fifth of the Earth Defense Force game of being released on the Valve digital distribution platform.

Attached: Batsu Game - Earth Defense Force (2013).jpg (600x337, 63K)