DMC(reboot) has better gameplay than Devil May Cry 5. Prove me wrong

DMC(reboot) has better gameplay than Devil May Cry 5. Prove me wrong.
You can’t.

Attached: 9CE633C3-C0AB-449D-BA11-4BFD2A26D0E2.jpg (1064x1500, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7x5FGaI1fVc
youtube.com/watch?v=4wFg7iMFNXQ
twitter.com/poconin2/status/1094087290299641856
youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Actual gameplay of DMC5 is better than the "combat" of the reboot

Attached: DmC 'combat'.webm (512x288, 2.62M)

DMC5 gameplay is great. DMC reboot had a much better soundtrack though.

The battle theme for 5 is so underwhelming .. .

Sure, here's the tl;dr

>Rank based on damage
>Assigned dodge button

Attached: 1533717941615.jpg (1440x900, 535K)

is DmC worth a play? I got a free copy of the definitive edition

Sure, I don't see why not

yes. It's a really fun game, great music and combat. Enjoy!

neo-Yea Forums is really full of retarded 14 year olds who will defend and recommend DmC.

Attached: 1552419259774.jpg (1550x1600, 443K)

No. Only for shit and giggles. If you paid more than $5 for the physical game you were ripped off.

DmC is a 6 year old game. Also neo-Yea Forums doesn’t exist

I'm 20 and I grew up with DmC so I may be a bit biased, but I just can't understand how anyone would prefer cringy anime tripe to the nuanced and meaningful messages about society and consumerism that DmC offers while also providing a very human and emotional story about the two brothers.

yeah, dont listen to the faggot DMC elitist.
the gameplay itself is pretty fun.

1/10 bait, you made me reply.
Imagine thinking this gameplay isn’t kino youtu.be/7x5FGaI1fVc

One thing it definitely has over it is way better pacing and levels, especially thanks to singular character focus like 1 & 3. The gameplay is pretty punchy and simple by DMC autism terms, but that's only truly a bad thing because this fanbase is a bunch of cuhrayzeefag elitists who wank over predetermined combo videos that most of them will never be able to replicate in the first place. With the original series back it's much easier to appreciate it as a seperate whole.

>neo-Yea Forums doesn’t exist
>I'm 20 and I grew up with DmC so I may be a bit biased, but I just can't understand how anyone would prefer cringy anime tripe to the nuanced and meaningful messages about society and consumerism that DmC offers while also providing a very human and emotional story about the two brothers.

kill all zoomers

>neo-Yea Forums doesn’t exist

There was a time where I was this blind.

i'm 27 and loved DmC, would recommend it to anyone. kys

>He can't detect bait threads

>He doesn't realise he is it right now

i know how to copy too, that's the first thing you learn at school

I bought it on discount. Had fun despite all of what Yea Forums said. Then again, it was a while since I actually played a DMC game.

Imagine thinking neo-Yea Forums is actually a thing. This is the same logic people had when they believed summerfags were real. Also this isn’t a bait thread. Dmc gameplay is unironically good.

This is bait, right?
I was going to right a bunch of nonsense, but after taking a good look, yeah 100% bait

Play it in Spanish
Just trust me

Ah yes the "new game is out so let's go back and call an irredeemably shit game good suddenly" threads

DMCVturds will label anything as Barry or bait as long as it's not a circlejerk thread of their mediocre game

>Dmc gameplay is unironically good.
It's not. 5/10 isn't good Small parts of it, that I'd agree

>suddenly
Literally everyone thought the gameplay of dmc was good, they just hated the new reboot character design and story.

How can something that's dead have better anything user?

>thinking that's stylish
that's cute

>no lock on so no directional moves
>no styles
>dedicated dodge buttons
>easy as fuck infinite air combos
>looks and feels slow as fuck
>"good"

post your own gameplay faggot

In this episode of "things that never happened".

>Pressing buttons and juggle an enemy that doesn't do anything.
Lame. DmC tier.

>This level of bullshit

Nigger, almost everyone STILL hates the reboot's slow ass gameplay full of input latency, even on PC. let's not even mention the design choices which further limit potential.

Here's the correct ranking of the series. Any other answer/list is factually incorrect and should be scoffed at.

1 > 5 > DmC = 3 > 4 > 2

>Lame. DmC tier.
>implying you could actually do that

this is the worst bait I have ever seen, put some effort dude

>implying you posted your own gameplay
>implying my personal skill as a player matters in a comparison of high-level gameplay

How about you lick my sack, faggot? Still trying to get down Nero anyway, I can't really grasp how to use his arms properly

Attached: 1515040117128.jpg (429x571, 55K)

>not using turbo mode
Lmaoing @ your life

>DmC = 3
KYS ALREADY YOU DAMN SHITPOSTER

You always get them if you're surfing punchline, so if you want to add them into your combos consistently try that.

So Punchline is basically the transition arm for switching them around during combos?

Press buttons, wait for the right timming. Easy. Now doing it ingame in DMD with multiple enemies instead of training mode.

Oh fuck off.

5 => 3 > 4 => 1 > DmC >> 2 is the objective truth. 5 and 3 are the objective best games in the series, 4 and 1 do different things better but it's hard to say which one is objectively better (likely 4 because of the improved gameplay, but the atmosphere and progression of 1 is infinitely better), DmC is of provably inferior quality in gameplay (had to unfuck it with DE and even then it's still got color coded enemies), story (sniper rifle abortion, i got a bigger dick, that fucking final confrontation) and character artstyle (everyone is hideous and edgy) with the only good parts being the spanish dub and the art design of the levels, and 2 is 2.

Most of these combos are 70% in the air, where most of the enemies can't touch you anyway

>implying you could actually do that

You're wasting your time. You'd have more success arguing that human bodies aren't made mostly of water.

4 is better than 5

Nevermind I prefer this version. Also combos are getting too long to keep decent quality and size in webm form, how do you guys make your webms?
What the other guys said, also it keeps me company.

Attached: new2 .webm (600x338, 2.86M)

Yeah. It's worth playing. Story is cringe kino. Combat is pretty fun, it's like DMC meets God of War. Limbo is a neat concept with some cool visual flair. The worst parts of DmC are the music, enemy design, fist and scythe weapons being dogshit, and long drawn out boring platforming bits. That said, OP is a fag and the only mainline DMC game it exceeds in quality is 2.

i actually liked DmC. sure its not as good as 4 but i don't think any future DMC game will be as good, it already peaked in 4.

Yeah, Im still waiting for proper air fighting in DMC.

Ad hominen, don't waste your time.

Oh wait, I thought you were talking about the thing you get after you beat the game, which is a second layer of the Exceed mechanic. Whoops.

Anyway, watch this. It inspired me a lot about how to use Punchline properly.
twitter.com/poconin2/status/1094087290299641856
You do the jump he's using to launch enemies with by pressing the Breaker button while riding, and get off with Jump.

Attached webm also has some good examples of how to use arms.

>he doesn't know
Enemies actually have anti-air this time. The rolling Riots will jump at you when they're doing their best Sonic the Hedgehog impression, for instance.

Attached: 1552221062856.webm (480x270, 2.31M)

>DMCVturds
>Not DMCVirgins
>Not DMCucks
You had one job.

How? It's got worse gameplay (rehashed Dante levels, Nero feels like an incomplete character without the Breakers), worse story (due to the budget cuts), worse bosses (Credo is probably better than most of the bosses in 5 but he's an exception), worse graphics etc etc. In what area does 4 surpass 5?

I told you we'd have this thread again, retard.

Ultimate autism dante mechanics like guard flying and infinite air tricks allowing for SWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICK combos.

>My crappy webm from when I was trying out breaker switches
>Posted alongside that absolutely insane nip gameplay with godlike micromanagement
That's a little embarrassing but thanks user

Attached: now with breakage.webm (720x405, 2.86M)

>that webm
Devil Sword Dante was a mistake

Attached: FEATURING_THE_PARFAIT_FROM_DEVIL_MAY_CRY.png (851x768, 771K)

How do you do that with round trips?

hey, it lets scrubs like me get in on the fun

You'd probably need to prime ghost buddy earlier and spawn him back in if you stick with E&I rain storm, so just a tad more to do in between everything

We'll probably get similar things eventually once the DMC5 tech evolves. I'm pretty sure Guard Flying is at least possible in 5 since inertia is still in the game at least.

DSD is fine, it lets everyone enjoy Dante regardless of their skill level. People who've played DMC seriously for years will stick to Rebellion and Sparda, while newbies get to have fun with the summoned swords. Everyone wins.

DmC Reboot was utter shit. Now El Donte was a different story
youtube.com/watch?v=TPKHxbOg19s

Attached: A5FE608B-F766-4B8B-B375-E3B41A25C2D6.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

VORGILSAURUS

I really like this game, but how are these combos supposed to be impressive or anything when most enemies of the size/weight used for the combo die long before said combos would even be close to being finished
that being said I haven't played DMD yet so maybe I'm retarded and the health boost + DT is enough. I'm just a shitter who half the time relies on Honeycomb for style.
I was joking mostly, only thing I don't like about it is that Rebellion and Sparda miss out on drive because of it's existence.
also I always like to start with basic rebellion strings before switching to another weapon and hate switching from a non-rebellion like weapon into a normal weapon so I appreciate that after I finish SoS I can have LSD -> Balrog -> Rebellion -> Cavalier -> SPAAARDA -> Cerberus

Attached: _lady_devil_may_cry_3_and_etc_drawn_by_nusumenaihxseki_516c60606aee1f25c1f2facb1caee3c1.png (485x653, 256K)

And I like DMC because Lady is beautiful and I want to hold her hand

you know it partner

Attached: 1552248721358.png (1280x715, 703K)

>but how are these combos supposed to be impressive or anything when most enemies of the size/weight used for the combo die long before said combos would even be close to being finished
They're not really, I'm just happy at the general progress I've been making because I'm new to the series and a couple of months ago when I started, I didn't have the imagination or the execution necessary to do even those combos. And believe it or not I've actually pulled them off in gameplay more or less, admittedly sometimes only part of the combo or sometimes with a different opening/finisher but I find improvisation in actual play is a fun part of DMC

I See you're a man of culture as well

Should of been a boss. If you’re going to go full retard, go all the fucking way, yet they held out on a crazy idea for a generic fight

unironically sounds better than what we got

>Vergil and Dante defeat Mundus
>Dante steps forward to take Mundus' power
>suddenly Vergil stabs him in the back
>monologues about how finally he can become the stronger brother and all along he envied people with power like Dante and Mundus
>takes Mundus' power
>the armor Mundus had during the fight wraps around Vergil
>he screams in agony as the power is too much for him to handle
>title appears: Nero Angelo

There were so many ways the reboot could have been kino and they squandered it on 'muh anarchy revolution'.

I like DmC's setting where the elites where the demons all along.

Fuck this would of been way better than what we got. This would also explain corrupted Vergil perfectly

Is it worth replaying the Definitive edition if I already played vanilla?

Lady > Nico >>>> Trish

Dmc is unironically better than 1 and 4 simply because it's a compete and polished game, 4 is half done with better gameplay and shit levels,1is great but is basically just a concept game. 3 and 5 are absolute pinnacle of the franchise and genre. 2 is unfinished garbage, but it gave us Arius and Lucia.

The thing about dmc is the producer is a cunt and spit in the faces of fans, so I can understand nobody giving it a fair shake, as it doesn't really deserve it after that. But it's a solid title at least the definitive edition.

was this ever an actual idea or is it just memes
>DmC's Vergil fight is so lame DMC5 took tons of aspects from it just to make Ninja Theory look bad
I think one of the biggest shames of DmC is that the devs pussied out and tried to emulate shit from the original DMC games after they started getting backlash instead of just saying balls to the walls fuck it and having their own batshit insane take on things

Why wouldn't the "good players" also use DSD? The summoned swords add a lot of damage and while I'm sure changing the muscle memory for aerial raves will take some time it doesn't seem like that much of a deal breaker.

If anything after you beat SOS everyone should have DSD somewhere in the loadout so you can benefit from its buffs in DT.

4 and 1 still have better gameplay than DmC. And less plot holes.

>1is great but is basically just a concept game.
What is with the influx of faggots trying to devalue the original because of the RE roots and focus on more visceral combat with powerful abilities than combo wankery.

Attached: 1550858552715.png (428x448, 194K)

>assigned dodge button
A dodge button isn't a problem. The problem is DmC has fucking two of them because of the stupid and unnecessary toggle stance system.

DmC shouldn't even be ranked. Its an abomination as a DMC game, at best it would mediocre if didn't use the DMC lore and name.

Attached: 1384921636670.jpg (649x600, 147K)

>put angel and demon buttons on the same side
>can now lock-on and dodge while switching modes easily
It makes such a huge difference, I have no idea why they made it that way.

It wasn't even made by Capcom, yet you think it was a good Devil May Cry game... please, tell me all about how you really liked Dead Rising 4 next.

I make webms using CBR encoding and set the video bitrate to be 24288 divided by the number of seconds in my webm. 24288 is the max bytes you have for a muted Yea Forums webm (8096 x 3).
You use that formula to create a base estimation of the needed bitrate to have your webm at 3 megabytes (3072 kilobytes in Windows), then you adjust it yourself, raising or lowering it by a certain estimated percentage based on the amount of movement, color changes and other things that demand a high bitrate contained within the webm. For most games the camera is always rotating around and things are very flashy, so you usually have to underestimate below your calculated bitrate.
Also make sure you lower the resolution (but keep the same aspect ratio) to match a long webm's low bitrate. Compression blocks / artifacts look like shit, and stretching the bitrate across such a large canvas exacerbates the problem

Attached: Marvel's Spider-Man_20180921004822.webm (896x504, 3M)

Not in a million years

The only things DmC has going for it over 5 is level design and a lack of V.

Plus the fact that the game was made without lockon means there's no directional inputs so an entire face button has to be dedicated just to the launcher.

Also, in their efforts to make the controls more intuitive/user friendly, they made the stinger input slower and more cumbersome. Holding R1, pressing forward on the stick, and hitting the attack button can all be done simultaneously, but in DmC you have to double-tap the stick so it's impossible to get the input out instantly like you could before (and you also hold a shoulder button if you want to do a specific weapon's variant) so it's literally a strict downgrade from the system that was already in place

its fun just many shitty design decisions.
(wow its literally dmc 5)

jesus christ modders pls fix trish face in the dlc as soon as possible...

Attached: 1535534459494.png (275x283, 89K)

Looks and sounds gay as fuck. You're not gay, right user?

That's DMC4 you tard

Yeah, Tameem was a cunt about one of my favorite franchises and that's the reason Ninja Theory is never going to see a penny from me.

How the fuck do I deal with the teleporting blade faggots in DMCV, they keep fucking me up on SoS difficulty

Revolver as Dante, B combo as Nero, mash buttons as V

Buy Balrog jump upgrade and just jump around which will break them out of their attacks.
As Nero just throw punch line at them.
No strategy needed for V.

Royal Guard can block anything so long as you have DT.

What is with nostalgia faggots saying the combat in DMC1 is anywhere near polished when Kamiya himself abandoned everything that made it "not combo wank" in his other games?

DmC has better level design but DMC5 is vastly superior in every other way.

Attached: 1552133832144.jpg (993x668, 141K)

top two fav memes of the last year are definitely the contrarian DS2 and DmC posters. I laugh every time.

Attached: 1549179789470.png (696x887, 540K)

chiming back in to let you know I replicated that combo without DSD user, you inspired me to get better. Webm soon

>when Kamiya himself abandoned everything that made it "not combo wank" in his other games?
Hello W101?

Hell dodge offset?

>better level design
Not having all the grapple bullshit alone puts 5 ahead.

So Bayo is your only argument. Take a suck bitch.

Attached: Yaiba-1.jpg (620x350, 48K)

FORNICATE THOU

Attached: 3FA006D3-C6E2-4ACA-8203-973AF800D7E7.jpg (785x767, 150K)

>Prove me wrong.
What do I get that makes it worth the effort?

DmC's level design is shit though. Having the environment warp around in the background (which has literally no effect on the actual gameplay btw) doesn't change the fact that the levels are basically straight lines dotted with combat arenas, braindead platforming, and slow walking sections

If you got it for free just fucking play it and think for yourself rather than needing to validate yourself on Yea Forums.

>easy air combos
Lmao, DMC5 has this too as Nero, the character Donte had most of his moves based on. Kill yourself.

Sniper rifle abortion.

My mistake, forgot the fire staff. Still satisfied

Attached: round trip.webm (720x405, 2.86M)

Bayo is Kamiya's response to DMC3 onwards, and it's the most combo focused game ever made.

It's a good game, but the camera made some sections borderline unplayable. If the camera was fixable, I'd put it above dmc, as is it's about equal. The game and dmc2 still deserve respect because without them we wouldn't have 3 or 5.
Granted, but dmc is so bad it's funny, I died at the sniper rifle abortion with the Vergil mobile.

Get a load of this zoomer

Attached: 2987975923.jpg (3840x2160, 3.29M)

The only cool thing DmC has going for are those scenes where the walls and shit get twisted