Smash Ultimate

I feel like I havent put down smash since I got it
How do yall feel about Ultimate so far?

Attached: 1536893785252.png (784x675, 432K)

Haven't been playing as much since DMC came out. I'll get back into it when 3.0 drops.

played 600 hours, i think im good for a while

Most of my online friends play the throne-holders of unga bunga, and my real life friends (barring one) all suck. I wish it wasn't like it is, but, Ultimate itself is pretty cool. Here's hoping 3.0.0 is a good update.

Attached: distressed mario.png (500x500, 240K)

I play it a few times a week either to play against my friend or to train and improve my movement and recovery.

played like 200 hours, waiting for update

It's really good, I just wish swordies weren't as strong, braindead and as common as they are now.

why with a game so balanced as is people still play unga bunga is beyond me
I've gotten very far with bowser and hes barely mid teir, and I play him for fun.
do these people think they can play competitively one day or something

It's a lot of fun. I wish you had the option to switch characters on rematch. I got countered by a Dark Samus earlier and there was nothing i could do short of playing like a godlike pro.

Attached: 1551000174489.png (580x580, 173K)

>friends barely play
>no local scene
>potato internet because college town
I have no outlet for my ambition aside from shitty quickplay. I don't feel like being a stream memer either. I just wanna play people in person and git gud.

having played every smash on release since 64, i'd say that ultimate feels like it hasn't significantly improved or evolved the game in any way. too much quantity, not enough quality. it's just more of the same shit.

The lack of trophies along with gameplay issues made me lose interest fast. Fuck the souls shit.

>Online is just as bad as smash 4's was, complete with people quitting mid-battle, the connection randomly going to shit, 40 second loading screens and 10-fps battles

At least world of light was pretty neat.

Attached: 1549504206212.png (494x371, 124K)

I play Roy simply because I like the way the character looks, plays and all his added fire effects. I know FE or swordies tend to irritate people on quickplay, so I use him mostly in arena or against friends. It helps improving more than quickplay does.

A lot of fun, probably my favourite smash. Even though I love classic, I do wish w of l was a bit better. It feels kind of pointless and a bit of a slog.
Still kind of enjoyable if I'm feeling like it, though.

got all the spirits and beat all the challenges.

Duck Hunt is such a tragic character

there's no way it's better than brawl

I honestly dont care what character you play as if you rematch, but most people who play swordies (and ness) not only dont but play lame as well, which just isnt fun at all?
And if, IF you arent a braindead sperg and are able to get past that spam they then start throwing out counters all the time, and that combined with their absurd speed and range means that you basically just have to either really good at timing or get lucky, and the thing is that Im both, but its still irritating.

Attached: 1550375519452.gif (248x248, 55K)

It was fun at first, but my strife to be competitive and not casual ruined it for me.
God I wish I stopped caring about stuff like frames and combos

>trophyfaggots
You guys should just go play fucking Pokemon if you want to collect shit

Honestly still really enjoy it. Me and my roommates play it a couple times each week, and I've improved on a few characters I typically play. I like it overall more than I did with 4, where the only reason I kept playing it was because my friends had it on their 3DS's.

theres nothing wrong with that, but if you're practicing with online you're doing it wrong

okay?

I like ultimate but my friends are always busy so I've barely played it.

I mainly practice in quickplay yeah.
I get it's unreliable, but I also hear that the bots aren't really good either since they are capable of pixel perfect reactions where a human isn't.

I like it but it really feels underwhelming after 4
don't get me wrong, it improved from 4, but when you see the leap from brawl to 4 it isn't as apparent as that
a little bit hard to explain

A bit disappointed with how neutral is panning out more and more to be "throw shit out and wait for someone to come to you" a la Smash 4, but at least it's overall less-flowcharty. I just wish they would fix z-axis shit and fix characters pushing you away. Some characters whiff point blank grabs against others with more rounded bodies. Bowser strangely is tough to grab due to this. Oh yeah, and fucking buffering dodges. Buffering rolls/airdodges/spotdodges was never okay and should never be a thing. Nairing my shield and then buffering a roll/spotdodge is dumb as fuck.

all I can say is get friends bud.
I know this is Yea Forums and all but not only is it bad to practice with online because of the input delay but playing again a bunch of randos online with different characters and play styles with said character makes refining your playstyle really hard, especially since you'd be hard pressed to get a rematch with anyone. not to mention the myriad of benefits that playing with someone that can give feedback and point out flaws can have

And you should go play a real fighting game like Guilty Gear but looks like we're both shit out of luck right fag?

I have friends I play with, but thing is they still body me no matter who I use (Even easy no-iq characters like wolf)
I get that I probably just suck, but my biggest problem is I just don't know where to start improving. All the tutorials on youtube say *how* to train but not where to start.

Either get friends or do some arenas with Yea Forums or /vg/. Don't forget to spend time in the lab to practice important stuff like quick-falling from a short hop aerial, dash dancing, RAR bair, etc.

Which character are you using?

Honestly, I don't have a solid main yet.
I'm switching between Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Samus, and Ike

Why is the online so shit? Why is every single connection a fucking slideshow or at absolute best a one to two second delay?
Why does this game piss me off so much? I can't find a 'space' where I feel competative, I either get my shit absolutely fucking stomped by an evo champion or the person I'm playing is blind, deaf and retarded like anne frank. I hate this game almost as much as I love it.

If you want a complete guide, watch IzawSmash's 5 part tutorial. The last one actually helped me a bit when I was struggling doing quickfalls after short hops.

Can we all agree that if you dont rematch online that you're a coward with no honor?
The only reason why ANYONE shouldn't do a rematch is that something more important came up, otherwise you have no valid excuse
"b-buh I wanna change characters!"
Play random

Attached: 1536888232654.png (448x532, 144K)

For clarification, I'd like to use a character who is really fast but can also hit somewhat hard.
Sonic and Pacman are probably as close to that as I got (Pac isn't fast ik, but his moves are good for getting close which is good enough)

I kinda see what you mean, but I think 4's gameplay really struggles in some areas, especially when we had to deal with things like Smash Tour (a whole mode that you play once and never really want to go back to again) and having to unlock custom moves. Plus 4 was so defensive, and it was annoying to watch someone do dodge rolls all match, even if it wasn't tough to learn how to counter. Parries are probably the best new addition in the game, and getting a row of them together with a multi-hitting move and then absolutely punishing your opponent feels so satisfying. I can't really think of a major gameplay feature 4 added on(aside from removing tripping), which is why I never saw 4 as a major improvement.

That being said, input buffering and having to get used to delay are definitely sour spots for me, so it's not completely perfect.

To please every autist, normalfag, weeb and so on, Sakurai decides to have Smash Ult have 3 total fighter pass seasons.

>FP1 is all third party reps
>FP2 is all newfag shill picks for the normies
>FP3 is all retro era reps for the oldfags

5 characters per Fighter Pass, for 15 total DLC fighters before likely the end of the biggest roster ever. Would you be fine with this happening? And who would you want in each Fighter Pass season if this shit happened?

I rematch everyone except the 3 minute 2 stockers

My autism won't stop playing up, I CANNOT for the life of me get these last two

Attached: fuck off.jpg (410x255, 27K)

>bowser
My nigger. Just picked him up after maining tryhard Inkling, goddamn is he fun to play. Glad I took a little break to rethink my main.

How does Yea Forums feel about Cloud?

Attached: 768px-Cloud_SSBU.png (768x768, 333K)

He's fun but I don't want to get used to him since it's all but confirmed he most likely won't be returning

It's a real shame Square is so stingy about their IPs.
Cloud's been my number one most wanted for years.

There's so many fucking characters in the game and you only see the same 5 in elite, and I swear the fuck elite is the new ban-hell as you will also only find the same 5 people at any hour of the day.

Yeah. I'm glad he's in since he got me to atleast try a ff rpg (I avoid rpgs like the plague so thanks nintendo)
I slowly got used to the music since I hear ff7's music is kinda annoying copyright wise because the composer or something.
I still think they could've atleast given him some ff spirits or something.
Makes me bummed we won't get sephiroth. Even though I hardly played ff7, sephiroth looks awesome and I'd love if he got in even as an echo

That's one of the reasons I'm a little ok with not getting into elite.
I like fighting a new character every time and adapting accordingly.

If you feel like getting better and that you aren't good, it's time to stick to a singular character for the purposes of improving. You can spread yourself out later. I recommend Pacman or Ike from your lineup, as they have the most transferable skillsets and the most even matchup spreads.

Since you are early on, this is the time to consider drastically changing your control scheme. Look up "attack canceling" and decide if you want to go balls in. With PacMan, it may be a good idea to set up so you can easily B-reverse/wavebounce.
Step two is to make sure you have the basics of movement down. Some things to practice are dashdance timing, short hopping without the shortcuts, fastfalling everything (if you get hit away, do your fastest aerial and then you can fastfall. Great for getting down more easily), knowing the distance you fall from airdodging diagonally, and recovering. If you are dying ever from not being able to recover, grind out your recovery more. Learn your autocancel aerials and timings (what height to do aerials so you land with no additional recovery frames). Find the most basic bread and butter setups and get those down too. For those, I recommend just looking up the best players of a character and just noticing what seems to link up for them most commonly.
Step three is to save replays of your matches and watch them with the mindset of figuring out where you are going wrong. Watch each twice. Spend one time looking at yourself and seeing if you notice patterns of behavior (always getting up off of the edge the same way, always rolling in the same situation, etc). Watch again and look for the same in your opponent. If you didn't notice either during your match, your awareness isn't up to snuff yet. This is an advanced skill and difficult for most players to notice or control in action. That is your goal.
The last step is to isolate issues from your matches (specific moves) and find solutions by playing

I stopped playing after collecting all the spirits and completing all the challenges. Now I'm just waiting for more DLC characters to be announced.

Attached: 1552186542791.png (1280x367, 333K)

All the Cloud players who use thr classic FF7 skins are based.
The AC Cloud mains are filthy secondaries who never played FF7 and are usually scrubs or retards.

Do you know what they are?

oh, add to the fact that you can't adapt to new play styles because the person leaves whether they win or lose is also frustrating.

Dropped it a month after release.
Smash is gay.

>if you get hit away, do your fastest aerial and then you can fastfall
I didn't know you could fast fall out of an aerial. That'll be good to know.
>Step three is to save replays of your matches and watch them with the mindset of figuring out where you are going wrong. Watch each twice
Noted.
>dashdance timing, short hopping without the shortcuts, fastfalling everything
So to learn those, should I try them in training to get used to them, then go into a match and try to do one as often as possible? (Help build muscle memory/learn when to/to not use it)
-And another question,
How can I stop rolling so much? I already know ahead of time that one of my biggest problems is I'm rolling waaay too much. If I miss I roll, if I land I roll, even if the opponent misses I still roll.

Arena is way better if you're looking to improve.
Host a 2 person Arena and you'll usually find good players who are actively trying to improve.

You can fastfall after the apex of your jump or in any other circumstance as long as you aren't tumbling after a hit. So basically... any time you are not rising or haven't been hit. Learning to fastfall as soon as possible is a very, very, very useful skills. I cannot overstate that.

Yes, you should learn something and then try to apply it in your matches. Be warned, though, that this nearly always results in worse play at first as the growth period will distract you from your usual gameplan. Play through the pain.

Your inputs should be clean in general. If they aren't, that's a good place to start. Only hit a button *one* time. I cannot give you good advice to not roll other than to make a mental note of it. You can try to substitute it with something else (shielding, jumping away, dashdance) and that may help a lot, but honestly the best way to drop a habit is to get fucked for it, and you probably aren't going to get fucked for rolling too much online because rolling is stupidly difficult to punish online due to how it works. If you feel you are spamming it, make a deal with yourself and take your matches as practice. "Okay, I can't roll again until I land a hit". The rolling bit I got to learn the proper way since I played Smash games where stupidly rolling was a good way to eat shit. Now people go for hard roll reads and I just stand there.

heres a spruced up reaction image since i liked it so much

Attached: sad bro.png (500x500, 214K)

you know, i always i forget that the arena exists. i'll keep that in mind next time. thanks user.

Thanks for all the tips man, I will definitely keep these in mind.

On the topic of rolling which character is absolutely the best at punishing rolls?

Which character has the most to gain from parrying? What about throws?

Right there with you. This game pisses me off so much. Like how am I going pay for online and you cannot make a solid system for me to be evenly matched. I hate it.

In general... Characters with good burst movement and long duration of hitboxes do the best (think Wolf/Fox dash attacks). Characters with long reaching strong/fast hitboxes gain the most from a parry (think Chrom for his sword or Wario for his utilt/fart). Throws it depends on what % and such. DK, Ike, and Wolf likely have the best overall conversion/utility regardless of % as they have throws which can set up for combos as well as ones which work at higher %s. Other characters such as Squirtle, Peach, Ness, Inkling, etc have great rewards in specific instances off of a grab, but sometimes end up just getting an okay throw and that's it. Then you have characters like Fox who basically get nothing but position.

good front/back downsmashes like Simon, Samus, Isabelle, and Inkling are great roll punishes

Only with the strict roll behind, and I would argue that ike/shulk nair are way better at it.

>Punishing rolls
Corrin (Fsmash, Dsmash, Pin) or Fox (Usmash)
>Parrying
Mega Man (Utilt) or King K. Rool (Dtilt)
>Grabbing
Ness, Ivysaur or Pichu

at least you have people to play with
try being a kof fan
always with the excuses from online people and lack of local friends to play with

I'm grateful, user. Cheers.

Attached: 681ed87e1540c0005646d9883512db63.png (355x305, 94K)

>Your friend is the shitter that never learns
>if something doesn't work the first time, immediately does it again (counters, projectiles)
>hes a ness main too
I get dumber every time I fight him but hes all I got

Attached: 879.png (201x180, 65K)

>olimars attacks are all safe on shield and any time an attack collides with his, you slow down and he gets away for free and sometimes even a free smash attack
>Yoshi gets basically a free recovery with super armor, and 3 combo escapes with double jump, nair, or jab
>all palutena has to do is combo nair into its self to 40%, then start trying to kill with the worlds biggest up air hitbox
>everything about ness
the braindead characters of this game piss me off more than any other smash game and I don't know why

Attached: ball.jpg (318x318, 26K)

>every character you play is massive and gets obliterated for existing
feels god damn awful

Dropped it a week in. Horrible input lag, buffer, and online make it play like shit. Sometimes boot it up with friends

Get the bad endings in adventure mode. You can still do that even if you already got the good ending.