This is the worst online/ranked system I've ever seen in a game

This is the worst online/ranked system I've ever seen in a game.

It is impressively bad. How can a AAA developer be allowed to release something so bad?

Attached: SQ_NSwitch_SuperSmashBrosUltimate_02_image420w.jpg (420x420, 95K)

Sakurai doesn't have anyone to tell him no.

git gud
no but seriously it's pretty shit

there's no way to tell how good you actually are

Sakurai is a lazy hack.

It impresses me how they don't understand what people want.

>MOOOOOM WHY CAN'T I GET INTO ELITE SMASH??????

you

Attached: african-american-baby-crying-picture__x75197587.jpg (450x427, 25K)

lol the system actually punishes you even harder when you put up a good fight and lose what a joke

I’m using my free trial for NSO and this is the most unbearable shit.

>Input lag out the ass
>Everyone tries way too hard and picks the same bunch if 6 characters
>Everyone teabags even when they’re getting their ass beat
>Characters can get away with so much shit they can’t do in a local match because of input lag/bad connections
>No one honors a full BO3 or even BO5 set
>I can never find my preferred matches (Battlefield/3stock/7min)

How did they fuck up something so simple in 2019? I honestly think Smash 4’s Online was better. I use Ethernet connection and still deal with this shit.

It’s a party game

I have more than half the cast in elite and I think its shit too. Still better than For Glory but that doesnt really add up to much

>get matched with little jimmy using his neighbors shitty value wifi
>plays link and the connection is so bad it takes 10 seconds for a button to come out
>donewiththisshit.jpg
>Disconnect so I don’t have to spend the next hour trying to fight a wifi warrior
>banned for 30 minutes

If games don’t automatically shutdown matches like this, I shouldn’t be punished for rage quitting out of that match. Same goes for all 1v1 games.

The only thing bad about are shit connections. Otherwise it's a party game.

>losing against Link mains even if they are playing on dial up from their Bosnian mud huts

Attached: 1378859051151.png (334x393, 134K)

>win a 2 stock match, no items
>no points earned
>get buttfucked with items next match and finish last
>points subtracted
this happens to me nearly every time I go online. fuck quickplay

Attached: 1516479734827.png (672x537, 482K)

I'm thinking it's the opposite, you can't fuck up this bad without it being on purpose

It's because when retards rage quit mid match you don't get points. You can tell when it's going to happen when the Smash logo appears and buffers for a few seconds before returning to normal

Also makes sense. It has to be one of the two extremes.

I’ve won extended close matches, only for the game to decide “no, fuck you. No points for anyone this match”. Similarly, it always puts me in 3-for-alls (the worst option) and then half the time decides to subtract my points if I’m in 2nd place (even though they usually don’t move at all there)

I’ve had it happen even when they stick around and rematch

Nintendo has a fundamentally poor understanding of online

>Fight an FE character
>Safe on everything
>fast
>hit like a truck
>impossible to punish
Just fuck me right in the ass these and Peach are the most unfun fucks to fight.

I dislike fighting the FEs, but I find Wolf to be the most obnoxious this game.

those are some retarded rules if they ragequit and you get punished for it too

I don't know if it's intentional or not because it seems really obvious. Maybe it's because if you die to the NPC that takes their place, you won't lose points, and if you beat them you don't gain them or something. I don't know.