What are your thoughts on Final Fantasy Tactics, and the Tactical JRPG genre in general?

What are your thoughts on Final Fantasy Tactics, and the Tactical JRPG genre in general?

Attached: IMG_5906.jpg (428x600, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JzJgdN1fvUY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think phoneniggers like you should be permanently banned from Yea Forums.

never played but I like Shining Force, it's the only RPG I have the patience to play. I think the turn based shit is boring as fuck on its own; moving your units around strategically is way more fun

What's going on in this image?

Too bad most TRPGs don't rely on "strategy" at all but just grinding your main until he can one-shot each enemy on the map

What is the best Japanese trpg ever made?

Attached: 1552574923754.jpg (688x650, 122K)

FFT:TWOTL

Matsuno games have good stories but they are a complete mess when it comes to gameplay. Way too broken.

Ramza could have avoided all this bullshit if he had just fucked Ajora

She let out a really rank fart and is embarrassed that you probably smelled it haha

>way too broken

Most JRPGs and especially TRPGs are like that, especially before they get ported to the west and made several times easier

Japs are big on forcing you to grind, don't know why.

bump

Nothing implies a phone

I hate the fact that every Tactical JRPG seems to fall into the mold of FFT/LUCT. As much as people shit on FE, at least its gameplay is somewhat unique in the genre.

>IMG_5906.jpg

I want to watch her give birth

Dragon Force

fft was interesting for the first portion of the game but as your characters became overpowered the enjoyment became less and less. Still it's a million times better than FFTA which was an absolute chore to play.
I like tactical jrpgs if there's more of a focus on coming up with unique strategies for the unique challenging in each map. It's no fun if you're just repeating the same thing over and over. Grinding is the absolute worst.

Gameplay being "unique" doesn't mean it's good

But FE's gameplay is good though

It's not

She's mine.

Attached: __ultima_final_fantasy_and_final_fantasy_tactics_drawn_by_kamaboko_ossann0125__6a3813e2209cd078241c5 (616x900, 618K)

It is

Will we ever get another game as good as it? How about another remake?

Attached: best class.jpg (800x600, 64K)

None of them use their mechanics to the fullest except for Disgaea, but I fucking hate Disgaea's mechanics so that doesn't help any.

It's not at all.
>many enemies don't charge you unless you're in their immediate attack range, so you can slowly crawl forward at your leisure and pick off enemies one by one
>particular enemies didn't even react when shot through walls with an archer. they just stand there motionless in the 3 turns it took to finish him off with ranged attacks. enemy doesn't react
>bosses similarly don't pose a threat, because they remain glued to the gate/throne they're guarding, so you can just have all your characters surround them and take potshots at them. They pose no threat
>flying units have to move around ground-based enemy units. Why can't they fly over them like they do over obstacles?
>archers can only fire from 1 square away. That means they're essentially not really archers, but just a different flavor of melee attack.
>even magic functions exactly the same as physical attacks. I have yet to see any spell that does anything other than deal single-target damage. And for some reason spellbooks weigh as much as a steel spear.
>some things are just mindless busywork, like having to use healers to constantly cure 1 point of damage just to ensure they don't fall behind xp-wise. Oh, and apparently you have to wait 50 billion turns for units to unlock their support conversation. Are these games designed for autists?

You should be mentally challenged to come up with new approaches. But that just isn't the case here, with how simple the mechanics are and how downright braindead the A.I. can be.

Attached: 0e0696582be4915218e552ed73395290.jpg (736x552, 56K)

Attached: 4a73ad757523b921baac6c85a239cec3.jpg (599x858, 124K)

Attached: 0ea5cbb1a063239fecdd09f1813dd322.jpg (622x1283, 86K)

Would another FFT game also be set in ivalice or what?

Why can't TJRPG do environmental shit like in Divinity OS? Magic is always just firing missiles at enemy or heal and apply buff / debuff. Archery is just firing arrows at enemies, no shit like climbing high vantage point for wider attack range. There is no verticality to the maps, they are just flat area with some chokepoints and walls.

Attached: 1549347614867.jpg (655x675, 71K)

Attached: 0fee80d088ebc599d3b500385035487a.jpg (640x640, 55K)

that's part of the fun sometimes
still not better than a properly balanced game, but it's still fun to completely shit on 12 monks with your calculators and unique units.

Attached: 1bb6a1c28cd0c794cf09145af7321e71.jpg (736x736, 73K)

I like treating FFT like xcom, name the units after my friends, if they get KO'd can't use them for the next battle or two, no save scum.

Attached: 1d8488f8d7023299b92826927964745b.jpg (1200x800, 130K)

The mario and rabids game is, unironically, the best TRPG in history

youtube.com/watch?v=JzJgdN1fvUY

Attached: ca93aedb009f646fa53aa913d8a48110.jpg (400x400, 27K)