Start playing "the savior of JRPGs" Ys VIII

>Start playing "the savior of JRPGs" Ys VIII
>This happens in the first hour of the game
Incredible. When will Japan move on from retarded fanservice tropes?

Attached: 1552572332695.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dwy3nw8rZQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They gotta sell the game somehow

Are any of the Ys games worth it?

When will you learn to stop being a faggot

The isometric entries (Ark of Naphistim/Oath In Felghana/Origin) absolutely are. Bump combat (Ys I & II Chronicles) might be if you don't mind primitive gameplay systems. Party Ys (Seven/Memories of Celceta/Lacrimosa of Dana/upcoming XI) is probably the least beloved of all its eras but as far as modern action RPGs go it's fine.

Yeah.

>tfw ys9 has a confirmed cat girl party member

>start browsing Yea Forums
>this thread happens on the very first page
Incredible. When will OP move on from being such a fucking faggot holy shit

>When will Japan move on from retarded fanservice tropes?

You Californian or something?

Play something good from Falcom. Like Trails of Cold Steel games.

>oh no, a sexy anime girl
>this game must be for oppressive assholes

Kill yourself. Unironically.

>Like Trails

At least recommend something like Brandish or Xanadu. Hell, recommend Gurumin.

>first hour
more like the first 10 minutes

It's barely in the game inbred and you don't see shit.

That fast? So I can literally just play up to this point then stop? Awesome

>Cold Steel

Attached: 1431463096655.png (150x179, 11K)

chick looks hot

Get laid. Unironically.

No. Anyone who tells you otherwise has no standards and is too afraid/stupid to admit it.

Yskeks are so delusional. Nobody will care about Ys9 when Cold Steel 3 gets released in english and CS4 is quaranteed to come after it.

Wow, roastie tier insults. How ever will he recover?

Look in a mirror, fatty.

Ass I'm pulling is hotter than yours, and I am still not a prudish "pro-censorship" faggot like you.

SPOILER: You will die alone.

Attached: 1551274890451.png (543x435, 128K)

honestly cisnormies make me sick

Is Ys V worth emulating? Why haven't they remade it yet?

Haha, that's our Rean...

Attached: WQY7uf8.png (635x922, 467K)

>doesn't appreciate a good "IYYAAH, BAKA HENTAI!"
Look at that pleb.

as long as the girl doesn't hit the MC, I'm cool with it

begone already Laxiaposter
I know it's you

Attached: 1532112059544.png (326x372, 201K)

N_V_R _V_R
Would you like to buy a vowel?

I love Ricotta!

Attached: 4aa488dbfd7f89956cab33f3a3edb23a.jpg (1488x1548, 292K)

A?

Wrong Answer

I?

>Is Ys V worth emulating?
yeah
>Why haven't they remade it yet?
they remade it in the PS2 already. Released between Oath and Origin.

>implying that Chadol cares about being called "BAKA HENTAI" like some beta MC
/ouradventurer/doesn't give a single fuck about whatever people think of him or bitches want to do to him or with him
Nigga just goes on adventures like nobody's business

Attached: 1539407799870.png (1000x1000, 205K)

Oath and Origin are both worth.
Bump combat ones are difficult to get into nowadays if you expect more depth, but none of them are outright bad. I suggest playing on PC engine/turbographix for the best versions of 1 and 2 though. Fusing the games together into one makes a huge difference.

I'm literally married and have sex with my wife 1-3 times a week, and I think you should stop being a faggot

Attached: 1479060796898.jpg (1700x1965, 1.9M)

It's not their fault you're fruitier than Carmen Miranda's hat.

Who cares? She must be quite the mutt to have you frothing at the mouth over basic anime pussy while using your marriage to save face to strangers on the internet.

You're pathetic.

Triggered incels, the ironing

Attached: 1527603245811.gif (575x420, 507K)

Remember when people didn't respond to them? Good times

it's called "pleb filter"

Coping hard with your virginity by projecting

If you loved my waifu, you wouldn't post such ugly fanart of her.

Based

No.

Attached: 1271386164332.jpg (554x439, 35K)

Kek, weak.

Is this the Ys thread?
I played origin and felghana what should I play next?

1+2, 8, Celceta.

Don't be disingenuous user. Yea Forums has been bitching about the the "kiyaa, you walked in on me baka hentai," trope for ages

When will you stop being gay?

OP didn't say he hated naked women, just this stupid trope. I love fanservice myself but I wish they'd just throw this shit out the window. Why can't they just inexplicably show girls naked or have the MC accidentally see them, but without them noticing? The only times this sort of thing is tolerable is when they don't care, get flirty, or they immediately recognize it was a mistake even while flustered.

The correct answer was E
Spelling out NEVER EVER

thank god I don't buy falcom games anymore

>Not having the MC realize what has happened and accept his fate not even trying to argue is way out of it or make excuses and just admit to everything in a deadpan voice that shows they've clearly given up on life.
Plebian

Hopefully never you fucking faggot.

Finished Xenoblade (the first one) a couple of months back and I was searching for an equivalent ever since. How does Ys 8 fair?

Weeaboos and japs won't buy it otherwise.

It's way better than xenoshit.

Attached: 1549731729060.jpg (480x640, 12K)

Not soon enough. This shit needs to die.

as soon as you move on from retarded resetera tropes.

>like Trails
>of Cold Steel

Attached: 1378146670402.png (234x238, 85K)

Ys 8's pretty good, it's not like Xenoblade MMO-tier combat, but actual responsive ARPG combat. It's around 30-40 hours, so it's an engaging, fast-paced and challenging romp for someone who may be new to the Ys series. The music is also something to take note of: it is Ys we're talking about, after all.

Agreed. Instead of covering her boobs she should jump the MC right there.

You’re more likely to stop being such a faggot than they are of catering to your faggot whims

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=dwy3nw8rZQY

Attached: fa8dd743fda64674441b8c61ca88ccaf1b311880c94c2e5a88a1528fc7349e8c.jpg (864x1296, 830K)

Based

>Cold Steel
oh no no no no no the absolute state of Senfags

Attached: pathetic.jpg (210x240, 16K)

It's alright if you're not autistic enough to be bothered by that. Soundtrack is killer but combat becomes a bit repetitive pretty quickly. Game was longer than expected and one of the best in the series IMO (Played all of 'em except IV on Snes. Should probably just play the PCE-CD ver.)

Ys as a series I've never really "gotten". The gameplay loop of VIII in particular felt very flat to me. Dropped it around ten hours in and haven't gone back to it for more than an hour

Is this place unironically becoming neogaf

quality of posts are falling by the day

>Redditors has been bitching about the the "kiyaa, you walked in on me baka hentai," line for ages
FTFY
>the word trope being incorrectly used
Fuck off

Well, do you want to experience peak ARPG combat backed up by ludicrously kino music and really sexy adventures?

Attached: 1521655201126.png (852x1301, 590K)

Why does he hate walls so much?

this place is unironically reddit already so it cant get any worse

Absolutely, specially Oath and Origin. Think of them as Zelda on roids/for men.

3D ones are not as great, but still good.

Honestly, why the fuck would anyone care about that? This happens only this once during the entire game, its 2 minutes from a game that can last more than 20 hours.

people have been crying about "weeaboo shit" on Yea Forums longer than reddit was something people actually knew about

Ys 8 is good. Like real good, but you need to play it on a PS4 Pro or PC for the superior 60fps experience.

>JRPG without fanservice
Name a more retarded duo.

it can get so much worse

>redditors have been crying about "weeaboo shit" on Yea Forums
FTFY

The gameplay goes to shit after an hour when all of a sudden you're hitting with a wet noodle and spamming specials until the damage sponges die.

The only good thing about this game is the soundtrack. Otherwise it's a super repetitive slog that goes on for way too long.

>do flash guard
>you are now invincible and doing more damage
>now spam flash guard over and over while being completely safe from all attacks and extending that invulnerability time

Welcome to every modern JRPG.

Ys fell from grace starting with 7.

Why does Adol love adventure so much?
Some things just are.

Attached: yo.jpg (1024x576, 124K)

Ys SEVEN. Peak of the series. Best heroine villain.

Shut the fuck up and get back to reset shithole faggot. Jrpgs don't want cunts like you shitting them up

>falling for bait this obvious
yes, keep giving him (You)s

what's wrong with fan service? I'm a fan, and I like service.

That's good to hear. I was more engaged in the story, lore, and characters in the XBC. Will I find that here?

Depends if you like generic anime hero teaming up with tragic anime heroine to save the world.

KYS

Attached: bc066b6d501b19b8923c6ca8cbbcb7f3588eac7b2f70feee3cb73275f5f3e3ce (1).jpg (255x120, 4K)

Why can't you fucking idiots understand the difference between not liking fanservice and not liking the worst incorporation of it? The kyaa you walked in on me you baka hentai rapist shit has never been good, it's just annoying. Do you seriously like your tits accompanied with stupid overreactions and screeching?

Ys has always been a respectable series before turning Adol into a generic harem protagonist that dresses like a playboy and no longer wears armor or uses a shield, and adding common anime troupes to the story.

>Naked chicks is retarded fan service.
>Two chicks kissing is okay.
Literally the same.

Attached: 1550698117546.gif (354x286, 60K)

Because assholes keep putting him in prison, so he taught himself to destroy walls.
Even Adol himself, with an ancient magical artifact that had its power amplified by a special gemstone, couldn't break apart a small cave-in.
Dogi took one roundhouse punch at it and blew it the fuck out.

Nigger, Adol has always been a harem protag. Also
>wearing armor in a humid forest and abandoned islanf

>Do you seriously like your tits accompanied with stupid overreactions and screeching?
Yes.

Attached: c8d4ea88b43692e97095d61495feff9f2340e172a6187072dc60c30c31d63d21.jpg (891x717, 77K)

>Adol has always been a harem protag.
No, he left bitches cold left and right because Adventure is his only mistress.

>wearing armor around fucking magma
you don't have a point because Adol's worn armor in even worse climates

And women kept falling for him. That's by definition, a harem protag. He's always been that from Feena to Dana.

Ys 8 story is generic and boring as shit, as is everything else about the game.

Ys peaked with Oath in Felghana, none of the games past that are worth playing. Prove me wrong.

Like what? Sands of Kefin? Its not uncommon to wear armor in deserts. Meanwhile, imagine wearing heavy armor while traversing jungles.

>Why does Adol love adventure so much?
because his dad and he got lost in the forest once as a kid once. that last one apparently gave him a massive chode for some reason

Move on from yours first.

>That's by definition, a harem protag.
No. A Harem protag is someone who's surrounded by bitches 24/7, keeps getting nosebleeds and punched in the face because BAKA HENTAIIIIII because that serves whatever cheesecake its audience is after. Adol, the stoic swordsman ain't got time for that shit.
He might rescue a bitch or two or do a fetch quest, but it's not about them. It's about getting away from them to find a treasure, or kill a god. Or, at least, it used to be.

Girl getting angry from awkward situation is pleb level
Girl being exhibitionist and allowing her to be seen is chad tier

Wow you are denser than a harem protag

Not an excuse

Either you like it or you don't.

>implying that Origin isn't worth playing
Nigger I will fight you on Nightmare difficulty

Attached: 1525514693548.jpg (307x408, 108K)

>A Harem protag is someone who's surrounded by bitches 24/7, keeps getting nosebleeds and punched in the face because BAKA HENTAIIIIII because that serves whatever cheesecake its audience is after. Adol, the stoic swordsman ain't got time for that shit
Looks like someone didnt play play the original Ys IV

Yeah, that's more Kiseki's thing: you don't exactly play Ys for its story.

>A Harem protag is someone who's surrounded by bitches 24/7
So Adol then

>that dresses like a playboy
*ahem*
FUCK NAPISHTIM
AND FUCK NIGTILGER

Attached: atoasttoadventures.png (511x813, 479K)

>the original Ys IV
Not him, but in Dawn of Ys he ditches Lillia for Adventure. And he systematically ditches Karna and Leeza too.

He's right though

I loved YS 8, which other games in the series should I play?

Attached: up.png (279x671, 191K)

What are your thoughts on Ys IX from the few bits of info they've shown?

I don't see how it can be any worse than my spreadsheets being ignored when I was trying to work out La Pucelle's stat growth system.

Oath and Origin are peak adventurekino

>Edgy criminals in jail theme
10/10 I fucking love this shit. With P5, AC7 and God Eater 3, I dunno why Japan has been on a prison-kino spree lately but I'm not complaining. God tier fictional setting.

Play Origin, Ark, and Seven. Ark is around the time where Adol becomes known as Adol the Red and youll get some tidbits about how the world views him come the time of Ys IX

Reminder that no matter how much you bitch, Ys 8 had the best sense of adventure and exploration in the entire series and if they refine the gameplay a bit and make another solo game it would be the best game in the series

Attached: 1538559905683.png (618x479, 756K)

God damn her fight was good. Reminded me of Ys VI when you only had yourself and three weapon types.

Have they said anything about gameplay? Because the setting is great.

10 more days until we get some news, right? Any expectations?

>expecting anything but fan service from failcom
Thats on you nigga

Adol reveal and no playable Dogi again

We get our first true look at Adol and the other characters, as well as some returning ones (maybe Geis, maybe Elena) . Then we're introduced to the Monstrum abilities that they have going on. Hopefully a sneak peek at the music as well. And Dogi crushing at least one wall: this prison city setting was made for him.

Thank you for your recommendations, boys. I hope those games are on Steam.

why is ys viii so expensive on switch, i just want to play man

Shitch cucks should stick to xenocringe 2

If you don't have a PS4 Pro just get it on PC. Ys isn't worth playing at 30fps.

I got it on discount a couple of weeks ago. Just give it some time.

>switch
Unless you want 30fps get it on pc or ps4

so I just play the best xeno game? got it
I need to play it again after beating Torna.

>so I just play the best xeno game?
Yikes!

Are the crashes that bad?
because thats all I get from the reviews

They said that the battles are definitely going to remind you of boss fights in older Ys titles before Seven, so that gives me hope that they mean the challenge as well as the aesthetic.

OH no a girl! Literally fuck yourself you piece of trash.