Have you ever bought a game's soundtrack on steam or elsewhere digital? Why or why not?

Have you ever bought a game's soundtrack on steam or elsewhere digital? Why or why not?

Attached: hollow knight soundtrack.jpg (976x787, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UDZHIJU0BRM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

all the fucking time. I can't even imagine someone who doesn't.

Attached: 1522974095595.gif (128x128, 11K)

I don't buy any music.

if the soundtrack has ALL of the music yes, but in most cases they to tend be samplers where you get 10-15 tracks and they're missing over half the soundtrack and dont even have the tracks you wanted in the first place.

maybe cause you can literally go into the game's files and just get the music from there without paying? It's why PC chads always win. also it's 2019 who pays for music.

No. I don't listen to video game music outside of video games.

>Buying music

Attached: phil.jpg (923x523, 101K)

No, because it won't show up in my Last.fm

>Paying for music

Attached: 1499358725715.png (640x640, 370K)

that's if you're lucky and the game has a straight forward sound system. most games use wwise or fmod and split all the music into a billion files so they can mixed on the fly by the middleware to create music for different game states. you can remix all of this yourself into tracks but it takes forever.

How fucking obvious can you get, you fucking shill?!
This fucking website went to shit, man

the fuck are you on about? the reviews to that soundtrack even tell you it doesn't have every track in it, people barely bought it, you think hollow knight devs pay someone to make this thread to get people to buy it? get real.

Only the stuff that comes with the game, usually.
I got a copy of Lost Odyssey's OST, though.

Yes.
Brigador.
The artist is cool.

Attached: hebuysmusic.gif (579x574, 85K)

Stardew Valley
Hypnospace Outlaw
Finding Paradise
VA-11 HALL-A

They're all cozy.

I think it's easier to justify buying VA11's soundtrack of because it's on the composer's bandcamp, as opposed to being DLC tied to the game on steam.

once but only because i wanted to support devs and i didnt want to give a copy to random strangers since none of my friends liked it

>as opposed to being DLC tied to the game on steam.
what are you talking about? i have bought soundtracks on steam and all it does is download a folder of mp3's to the game directory. even if you lose the files you can use steam console commands to pull the soundtrack without having to reinstall the game.

I just rip from youtube

I don't mean that it's built into the game, I just mean that it seems weird buying music through a game's steam page (especially considering it's usually labelled as DLC). Plus, your money is more clearly going to the artist if it's on their bandcamp.

True, steam takes 1/3rd of everything on their store right? including soundtracks. sucks but then again steam puts soundtracks on sale, $1 on a steam sale is better than $5 at all times on the artist's bandcamp

On occasion. I bought Blue Revolver's sound track digitally, and I purchased Mother 3+ physically.
I'd love to purchase the soundtracks of DKC1-3 physically if they ever got rereleased.

Attached: tumblr_nf3vwelXrZ1t1dn5ko5_1280.jpg (1200x960, 449K)

I can’t wait for her game

Attached: B3000F6C-4A42-4AB9-BD4F-7B0C40D68E16.png (376x372, 46K)

I could never pay for music or movies. I've lived 26 years, for the first 12 all music/movies were bought for me, for the next 14 I have pirated them. It just doesn't even occur to me it's not something that has ever been required in my life.

>hundreds of people work tirelessly to make a movie
>"lol thanks for the movie bro"
>"no this isn't stealing btw the original copy is still there see"

Attached: 1547601627182.png (645x773, 43K)

I would never pay for hollywood or big label garbage but I regularly buy indie albums

the soundtracks I do have on steam came with the game and it was usually from buying a deluxe version on the yearly summer sales. There's not much game soundtracks I would listen to besides loose ones from games I played as a kid and I will just go on YouTube to here it.

>tirelessly
Also yes it's stealing, because I would have paid for things if piracy was impossible.

Yes, if the music is really fucking good and want to support the composer on bandcamp or something. Jake Kaufman has made enough solid gold for me to give him some money for example.

Why would I? It's on Youtube anyway, or rip it from the game files

Attached: c7442d998e52e03500ec22fc737c68c1.png (680x574, 127K)

I'm more of a spotify kinda guy.
Also, bless the Capcom sound team for putting most of their shit up there.

Only if it's impossible to listen to it anywhere else.

Attached: a1105439081_10.jpg (1199x1200, 198K)

fuck streaming. i mp3 all my shit.

Attached: 1540671721384.jpg (800x999, 92K)

>mp3
disgust.opus

>spotify
>Last.fm

yikes

I literally just listen to all my music on YouTube. Why would I pay for it when I can just stream it on YouTube for free? The tracks on an OST are usually too short anyway. I want them lengthened to at least 4 minutes.

eat shit, flac is for fags

>he doesn't even know what opus is

Attached: get a load of this guy.jpg (496x496, 134K)

what is it

hey OP I want a part time job, where can I apply so I can shill this game too?

I just recently played Hollow Knight recently and absolutely loved it, but I didn't pay much attention to the music. I don't think I could recall a single track desu.

I just stream it on apple music/soundcloud/youtube

>Why would I pay for it when I can just stream it on YouTube for free?
What if your internet/electricity goes gown, what then smart guy?

what third world country do you live in that your internet or electricity goes out?

Yeah. Payday 2 OST is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=UDZHIJU0BRM

found the incels

bitch ass