What am I in for?

what am I in for?

Is it fun?

Attached: 1552593041637.jpg (616x353, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b71jKxEJeQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vampires

Very underrated game.
The old London atmosphere is top notch and so is the lore. Combat is serviceable but I’ve played games with much worse combat

It's no VTMB that's for sure

It's not fun, it's really shit.
Awful combat, boring story. It's meant to be set just after WW1 but you're a proto-hipster who says he's a former army surgeon, and you're constantly met with homosexuals, coal burners and pajeets lying about their credentials who all work and live in inner-city London. And you have no say in how to approach these people or react to them, you just tell them how amazing and brave they are.

They promised Bloodlines II and delivered a stunningly dull and underwhelming walking simulator with shit combat where you have to run back and forth between the same NPC's endlessly to unlock more dialogue options which you end up not giving a shit about. The single solitary interesting character is a woman who thinks she's a vampire because of a mental disorder, everyone else is utter shit and either pulled right out of a SJW's wet dream or just a two-dimensional sandbag of a person with nothing interesting about them, like the protagonist.

the only decent thing about the whole game was the fact the Red Prince is one of the voice actors

It's pretty shit otherwise, like it didn't know what it wanted to be. You're a vampire, but you don't use any stealth, and you can freely suck blood in combat while enemies just stand back and watch etc etc

Story is boring, almost fan fiction quality level of stories, every character you meet is named and thus important, there aren't any filler NPCs wandering around

Also levelled weapons and a pointless blood mechanic where you can raise the quality of someones blood by curing them and being their personal therapist somehow, then killing them later for more XP - or you could just kill the infinitely respawning enemies etc

also the fucking haircuts lol, old timey london and people walking around around with short on sides long on top

Game play is passable at best but the writing is fucking excellent.
Not quite VTMB but it's still really damn good.
There's only the occasional bit of SJW revisionist nonsense but it doesn't matter because you can violently murder literally every character. Fags, race mixers, and commies all fell upon my fangs.
8/10 Ascalon was based & redpilled

>the writing is fucking excellent.
What the actual fuck is wrong with you and what did they put in your tap water to make you this disabled.

It's shit.

Easy as fuck to spot out of touch losers when they don’t know shit about haircuts.
That haircut was really common back then you sperging virgins

I actually played the game and enjoyed the writing.
It's actually pretty good, if a bit cliche at times. i especially liked the world building.

despite what faggots say it is underrated people expected it to be like the other vampire game they got burned and are seething gameplay is mediocre though

youtu.be/b71jKxEJeQo

A shit UI, shit tutorial, and below average production quality. But, it has some interesting mechanics.

Trash tier, repetitive and boring SJW game.

A game with vampires, it's a surprisingly decent

it is a budget game and it shows sometimes but its pretty good

For a game to be underrated, it has to actually have something resembling quality.
It's simply a bad game made by inept developers who's only claim to fame is Life is Strange.

>Hurr not knowing about a haircut completely invalidates everything in both arguments
Fuck off you utter cunt, the game is shite.

Attached: 1539085467596.jpg (700x734, 90K)

> it's surprisingly decent

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

The fact that you mention it, tells me what kind of person you are and therefore you have worthless opinions.

>There's only the occasional bit of SJW revisionist nonsense
>Occasional
>the writing is fucking excellent.

Attached: 1551040126055.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

>You don't know about a specific haircut therefor everything you have to say is worthless
Found the homosexual.

Other than that shit, yeah. It was really enjoyable.

>this is what being a fat virgin does to you
Yikessss

You are a low standing person, of course you opinion isn’t worth much.

I feel like I'm playing a vampire Jensen except you can't really do anything except get funneled into the next combat zone and choose the same dialogue choices over and over. Your life in London? Eventually you stop caring. See those rooftops over there? No, you can't go up there, nor that ledge right in front of you. But this other ledge that looks the same? Of course!

>mfw op just wanted to know if a game was fun but now we're talking about 18th century haircuts

Attached: f5a55de927e720abdaf98c3329735d57.png (128x128, 34K)

People have been talking about the haircut since before the game was even released

>Not knowing about a haircut now not only makes you worthless but also a "low standing person"
LMFAO what a seething faggot
>Yikessss
Back to retardera with you
How so? The combat is awful, it's basically Souls combat but worse and getting the two handed barbed cudgel plus upgrades makes the game easy mode.

Attached: 1550511687892s.jpg (93x125, 2K)

>18th century haircuts
The fact that people can't even tell what time period the game is meant to be is very telling of just how poorly it was put together.
It takes place in 1918, directly after World War 1.

That's the 20th Century for you American posters, by the way.

I hope you really like prying into people's lives and gathering lore, because that's where the game excels.
I played both a pacifist and full lethal playthrough, and pacifist is honestly more fun, as you have to be much more careful during fights.
Shadow magic > blood magic. Helps with hit and run tactics.

There's only one person in here that cares about the haircut and that's the fag that went full rage and is still seething because another user didn't know it was around in that period.

I don't get what there is to hate so vehemently about Vampyr. Worst sin I can think of is that it wears its budget on its sleeve, resulting in some janky presentational issues. Otherwise it more or less does what it set out to do, not flawlessly but it's not like it gets derailed or anything. I dunno, I feel like this is a mid budget, decent-ish game that gets overhated.

>rage
>seething
Merely pointed out that you are worthless lmao. Angry that no one else replied to your sperging?

Passable Souls-Like combat,story. Kinda bad animations. The whole social system with embracing mechanics screams potential but it will make you squrim with pain as you play since it's kinda wasted on poorly written situation and side chars.

I guess people still seeth over DOTNOD since they've also made LiS.

>Souls-Like combat
You could just spam a single attack and brute force you way through the entire thing.

It's one of those kinda boring ok games, who are only good for 1 playthrough.
would not recommend desu.

I don't hate it, but I don't really like it either. To me it feels like an awkward French adventure game that was ported to consoles like the old days of Still Life and Post Mortem, that weren't necessarily bad but kind of half baked. A more recent example would be that Call of Cthulhu game from last year. Same deal. It has some good ideas but overall I just find it lacking.

They also made Remember Me, and honestly Vampyr's nowhere near as much a case of squandered potential as that one.

>Pointed out how worthless you are
You don't follow things very well do you? It wasn't me that said the haircut wasn't time period appropriate. You were the one that went full sperg rage at another user for not knowing about the haircut, then went on to claim that because he got the haircut wrong that his entire argument was wrong when it was completely fair.
The only worthless fucker here is you, someone that bases the validity of arguments solely on knowledge of fashion lol. Which all points to you being 1. Underage and 2. A faggot.

Well yeah it's not as hard as souls games but inspiration is definetly there.

Stay mad worthless autist

Don't worry about the poofter mate, he thinks he is worth something when even his brain knows his genetics are as worthless as his knowledge of haircuts from the early 1900s

It's Life is Strange but with vampires. If you want to feel like a badass vampire you're going to be disappointed.

>Stay mad worthless autist
>Mad
>Autist
Whose the one still seething over someone not knowing about a haircut? Remind me?

Attached: 1551561618351.png (713x611, 26K)

You can be a pretty badass vampire abilities and whole act of embracing is pretty empowering. But you must suffer the consequences.

Funny you mention that, I think both those games came from the same publisher.

I never played LiS but that didn't strike me as a game with combat scenarios, of which Vampyr has no shortage of.

It actually makes you feel like you have little to no control over anything. Sure you can kill everyone, but the player character still openly embraces homosexuals, racially mixed couples and brown people lying to become doctors.

Realistically, almost anyone would have been completely disgusted with these things in 1918, but here it's simply accepted. All of them whine about bigotry and racism, but none is ever actually shown. In fact, the complete opposite is true with everyone simply loving them.

Oh boy he mad

Know how i know you're American?

That fact that I’m not? Awkward lol

Get ready for le epic interracial London.

Lies as well, and being a Canacuck doesn't get you off the hook. Piecing everything together, you're either gay or female, underage, and would be more at home on resetera than here.