colormax.org/color-blind-test/
youtube.com/watch?v=LHN_VzU4wjc
youtu.be/6e-lzbHtvzY?t=300
youtu.be/0D1xaqSa26Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KoYOek283zY
youtu.be/KbSsMImyEEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think we'll have to wait a few months to see which one is more overrated

Attached: 519ARQ8Z7PL.jpg (349x500, 48K)

>3. Threads should not devolve into flamewars. Instigating or encouraging such activity will not be tolerated.
That being said, I like both, but DMC5 has more consistent level design whereas 3 kind of falls apart between Vergil 2 and Vergil 3.

Based and redpilled

Should I start with V? or do i need to play the older ones?

Hello Matthew

Devil May Cry 5 is all about the fights, not level design. Vergil 3 >>>>> any boss in DMC5
In gameplay, atmosphere, buildup, story, themes, everything. This is an objective fact.

Attached: download.jpg (207x243, 6K)

>Vergil 3 >>>>> any boss in DMC5
Incorrect.

Attached: maxresdefault-163.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

Based and DMC3pilled

youtube.com/watch?v=xNbBt7sCdUU

Attached: The Eye Can See.jpg (848x657, 236K)

1 > 3 > 4 > 5

>That JPEG background
Lord the arena for that fight was god awful

3 is the better overall game, but 5 is the best one in terms of combat. 1 has the best atmosphere, 4 is pretty much useless now. and 2 is still 2.

Attached: 31d21d2a02c9be2d0ee67a207b1f4f6fbe989d41.jpg (3076x4652, 1.38M)

is 2 really bad or something?

based taste

are you forgetting about DmC?

There is no DMC2.

Attached: 1522283766700.png (421x460, 252K)

Here's your final boss, bro.

Attached: Devil May Cry 2 - Boss Fight.webm (632x474, 2.77M)

It's not even close, 3 shits all over 5

Cope DMC5 fag

Yes. To put it into context, DMC5 was a love letter to the entire series and included references to everything right down to the novels, anime series, and even adding in cut boss concepts from 3 and 4. Nothing from 2 appears at all.

fucking boomers

>final boss is a lump of shit
Accurate representation of the game

3 is better because you control the same character from mission 1-20.
Really not into the character switching.
I feel like they could have just given dante V's pets as a weapon and we'd have that gameplay element. Same with the red queen and nero's stuff.

I much prefer choosing a character in the beginning and then sticking to him/her for the whole game.

This. Shills are still acting ilke spergs.

That isn't the final boss of 2. This is.

Attached: ArgosaxHD.jpg (600x600, 83K)

5 is better because the majority of the enemies are actually fun to fight unlike 3's. Also the majority of the bosses are really fun, again unlike 3 which has some legitimately terrible boss fights and a lot of really mediocre ones.

Maximum cringe.

Story and Vergil boss fights is better in DMC3.

Literally everything else is better in DMC5.

DMC5 has an even worse JPEG background you fucking faggot.

Attached: DevilMayCry5 2019-03-09 17-34-16-75.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

Getting a love letter from the class sperg isn't a good thing.

5's enemies don't even attack you 90% of the time unless you quite literally stand still for seconds. 3 is better.

I miss the broader adventure aspects of DMC1; even DMC3 has more of that than DMC5 does. The biggest issue I have with DMC5 though is how constantly switching characters interrupts the flow of the game. In DMC1 and DMC3 you're always using Dante and developing your skills and his abilities as you progress. This wouldn't be as big an issue if DMC5 was a gargantuan game that desperately needed that variety in play, but it's comparable in length to DMC3. The shifting feels more like interruption than spice, and it's even worse with V.
I would probably like DMC1 the most if it weren't for everything after the first Nightmare fight.

DMC2 is Viewtiful Joe

>t. played on Human

I'd say that DMC3 has higher highs but lower lows.

Thats just straight up wrong. Did you even play 5? Its ridiculous on DMD.

>I miss the broader adventure aspects of DMC1; even DMC3 has more of that than DMC5 does.

Natural consequence of having multiple playable characters for the story.

It's basically impossible to make a game that has several characters you zap between that also feels like a grand epic adventure. You're constantly shifting perspective and you can't get as invested.

They even attack you from off screen, something I really don't like.

Start with 2, then 1, 3, 4, reboot, 5
Start with the worst one then go chronologically

I think that's part of it. But it's also true that platforming and puzzles got increasingly marginalized in the series with time. The games were never as involved on that front as the God of War games, but they were a nice breather nonetheless and let you take in the game's environments.

I finished DMD. Only a couple enemies attack. Literally 2 types.

DMC 3 was the best of the series for 14 years thats quite of an accomplishement , they have finally released a better game ,its not perfect but neither was 3 and honestly for me so far 5 is one of the most fun games ever made(like 3)

DMC3>DMC4-2
and fuck you

>Telling lies on the internet
>Telling blatant lies
>Defending the common garbage enemies in 3.

lol sure you did kiddo

>The eternal debate.

There is no debate.
Devil May Cry 3 is a classic game, with great gameplay, story, atmosphere and fantastic sountrack by Tetsuya Shibata and Kento Hasegawa.
DMC5 is a great game, but there's nothing really special or memorable about it

Attached: file.png (324x324, 171K)

DMC5 - Better combat, more consistent enemy and boss quality
DMC3 - Better everything else, the good boss fights are better than anything in DMC5, the bad boss fights are worse than DMC5's

Devil May Cry 3 is still held back by the shitty camera and some annoying enemies, but I'll have to play 5 more before I have a final opinion. I think Bayonetta was definitely a good influence on DMC5, though.

>Devil May Cry 3 is still held back by the shitty camera
DMC3's camera annoyed me more often than DMC1's.

here is your (you)

this, but I'm sure dmcv mongoloids will say otherwise

>Devil May Cry 3 is still held back by the shitty camera
zoom zoom

Would be an objectively perfect game if it had gun switching and better camera angles

>the good boss fights are better than anything in DMC5
Fuck no. People overrate shit like Nevan, Beowulf and Cerberus so fucking much. Most of the boss fights in 5 are at least as good as these, and Cavaliere Angelo from a purely gameplay perspective is just as good as Vergil 3.

DMC1 is as good as it could be at the time. But come on now it can't beat 3 or 5. It still holds a special spot for me regardless though.

Thanks retard now fuck off

>Point out any flaw in an older game
>Dipshits that genuinely believe that workarounds to limitations are "Soul" will begin defending them
Holy fuck. Imagine actually growing attached to shit that was merely implemented to hide a glaring flaw of the game, and then defending it when it's rightfully called out for being trash

Because in DMC1 you can at least get used to it and predict what it's going to do.

DMC3 is kino, but DMC5 is better where it actually matters which is gameplay

Attached: 1552560585790.gif (728x408, 1.78M)

3 has the best bosses in the entire series

DMC5 handled secret missions better.
Visible clues > random doors.

DMC3's camera is better than 5's.

This is your nostalgia speaking

I prefer 4
I just felt like it was a more solid, defined experience. 3 has a lot of good parts, but a lot of bad ones too. 4 was an average 7.5, 3 was a 9 at times, a 3 at others.
haven't played 5 yet but I hear it's a lot more casual. Not necessarily a down mark but I hope it's casual to hit the sss ranks, and not casual in terms of what you can do in combat. truestyle autism is sort of why I enjoy the games.

I agree, Gigapede Doppelganger and Leviathan heart are the GOATs.

My opinion?
3 still has the better story and music. 5 is god damn amazing, though.

>I spent hundreds of hours in this game as a kid, so this new game isn't a memorable because I associate it to this game I played when I was a kid.

Attached: 1551937946329.png (1199x630, 1.19M)

>3 was a 9 at times, a 3 at others
What parts do you think DMC3 dropped to a 3 at? It had some sow moments, but I never think it was that low. Gigapede and that rotating tower level were probably as bad as the game gets and they're manageable.

This is itsuno's cock in your ass while you speak
fuck off cuck

Attached: 1508199132155.png (645x729, 62K)

3 is a broken game that was fun because it was completely and utterly busted

5 is a million times more polished and has far better player and enemy design, building on the improvements made between 3 and 4 and giving Nero the gameplay diversity he needed with the breaker system

I'll always love dumb shit like being able to cancel i-frames into just guard, but 5 is the better game by a wide margin.

Objectively the best. Yea Forums just won't admit it

Attached: dmc.jpg (200x300, 21K)

>haven't played 5 yet but I hear it's a lot more casual
Not really. It's easy to cheese shit with V if you know what you're doing but the game's combat depth and enemy variety are on par with previous games.

t. nostalgiafag

still miles better than whatever 4 and 5 shitted out
>oh muh savior
>oh muh floating pope
>oh muh shitty plant
>oh muh input reading dante

>3 still has the better story and music
>and music

Absolutely not, DMC3 has a handful of standout tracks like Vergil Battle 2 and Devils Never Cry, but most of the OST is meh.

Like 90% of the OST in DMC5 is fucking killer. Not just the main tracks but the ambiance as well.

Cry more dmc5 bitch

Nah man, can't mention polish, better common enemy fights, or style switching, that ain't SOUL.
SOUL is when the game came out when I was 14 and any and every flaw resulting from that is just more SOUL.

>Most of the boss fights in 5 are at least as good as these
Hmm
>Goliath
Nope
>Artemis
Almost but nope
>Nidhogg
Lol nope
>Gilgamesh
Noooope
>Geryon Knight
Nope
>Urizen 1
Nope
>Cavaliere
Sure
>Urizen 2
Sure
>Malphas
Maybe
>King Cerberus
Sure
>Urizen 3
Sure
>Vergil
Of course

Most of 5's boss fights are easy and forgettable, even the good fights are easier than the ones in 3
>Cavaliere Angelo from a purely gameplay perspective is just as good as Vergil 3
You're delusional, Cavaliere can stand up to maybe Vergil 2, it's nowhere near as good as Vergil 3. Once you move past the honeymoon phase, you'll realize how wrong you are.

I didn't hate it, but the devil trigger making all enemies float was a pretty retarded mechanic.
If they only gave him a proper one the game would have been better by a huge margin.

The fights I mentioned are all worse than Nidhogg, easily. And I'm not defending 4 at all, that game is almost entirely lows.

as long as nero exists we're never going to play as just dante again. in fact with the ending of 5, hes probably been written out of the series

>I played on DH and never saw the full moveset of any of these bosses
cool story bro

you dont need to, but it would probably make the experience better

>nope
>hmm
>lol nope
Great arguments.

pathetic

Attached: file.png (346x365, 253K)

I wouldn't mind if it's all nero and he gets to weapon switch.

you people are the literal definition of hipsters, and I love DMC1

fuck off nostalgiafag

This.
Remember when DMC games had colorful, varied environments and actually felt like an adventure, Yea Forums?

Attached: Ruined_Church_DMC4.png (800x450, 606K)

>this is your brain on DMC5

man you really peeved these guys off. Can't believe they're so insecure that some random opinion upsets them so much.

Attached: 1358196818481.png (221x239, 93K)

I miss the actiony resident evil feel of 1. It was cool exploring the manor instead of corridors in a city

I don't think so. There are legitimate reasons to like DMC1 the most.

>Remember when DMC games had colorful, varied environments and actually felt like an adventure, Yea Forums?
APOLOGIZE

Attached: 1552495341611.jpg (1478x1106, 710K)

fact
giant bosses have always been shit

Unironically better aesthetic than V.

You can like DMC1 the most but people claim it's objectively better and they're just flat out wrong.

The fact that DMCV talk even riles up people so much that they feel the need to "Defend" 3 when no one was even shitting on it pretty much proves it's at least on par.
People defending 3's shortcomings make it even more apparent they're terrified 3's going to be dethroned.
All 3 has is the Vergil boss fights.
And having the highest high in the series doesn't make up for the abysmal lows, no matter how hype you were to fight Vergil 3 when you were a kid.
DMCV is more consistent in it's delivery of content, enemies, and bosses, and Mission 13 is a high point for the DMC series as a whole and denying this makes you a shit eating liar not worth speaking to.

Attached: 1522606361063.png (584x553, 672K)

too bad the gameplay doesn't hold up

>All 3 has is the Vergil boss fights.

Attached: AgniRudra.gif (600x476, 82K)

Level design, the game tis made for current trends just as most classics, take a look at RE2 for example all the original sections are just "Big corridor, point of interest" (specially that shit ass sherry part) I beliebe the weakest point of DMC5 its the aproach of having just corridors followed of a big arena, it kills any sense of exploration or immercion. I dont really see any problem with the iteration of characters along the campaing. DMC3 is way superior to DMC5 in that aspect.

>everyone bitching about the environments
>I just want Bloody Palace because all I give a shit about in DMC games is styling

Attached: 1552557757300.webm (640x360, 1.78M)

>Stinger to counter: The boss
Cav Angelo does it better.

>m-m-muh puzzles
>m-m-muh exportation
>muh atmosphere
There are a billion better games for all of those than any of the DMC games. This board didn’t give a single shit about DMC3s exploration and whined about how it wasn’t like 1. Nobody talked about the puzzles, nobody gave a shit about the puzzles. And what exploration? Where’s the exploration? There was barely any, you may as well call three slices of bread together a bread sandwich. You must be confusing exploration with needless backtracking which is true of every single canon title except for 5. Art style and music and shit was something 3 was shit on too, for how it didn’t compare to 1. How can this board be this contrarian? If you’re going to complain about atmosphere it according to most of you, it went to shit after 1, so it hasn’t been relevant since 1 and you should be pissing and moaning about the other ones, including 3

Attached: A6D80A7C-202D-477A-89B1-9C7316D0254E.png (974x737, 595K)

Because it's a fucking video game.
I didn't pick up DMCV hoping I got regal architecture, I played it hoping the combat was fun.

>shit bosses (sans king cerberus and vergil)
>have to play the majority of the game as nero
>50% of the game is in a fucking tree
>entire game is a hallway, no exploration whatsoever
>piss easy

lol

DMC4 is underwhelming for a few reasons but I enjoyed the aesthetic variety it had. The snowy mountains (though sadly brief), the streets of Fortuna, the castles, and the forest are all wildly different to look at. The forest in particular was a very pleasant surprise my first time playing.

it's because 3-fags got cucked yet again, just like 10 years ago

Well user thats the point, you already have bloody palace for the mindless demon ass kicking, no reason for the game to have supar level design.

it was ok when demons souls did it

>people claim it's objectively better and they're just flat out wrong
"Objectively better" is a meaningless fluff term that no one should take seriously no matter what direction it's being thrown. DMC1 has a different approach than DMC3, and its game design reflects its different priorities.

Devil May Cry and action games have always had sub par level design

>Can't rev as Nero correctly
>Played DH and cries the bosses aren't "Good"
>Was okay with some tower
>Exploration in a fucking action game
>Watched DSP look up guides for blue orbs and thinks he knows how to play
Lmao dude, amazing

Bloody Palace is literally a flat circular floor and its what everyone wants
DMC has never had good level design outside of the original imo

i would replay 3 a lot if it wasnt for that fucking shitty as level design

"DMCV has really good combat and enemies"
"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE INTERIOR DESIGN OF THE BUILDINGS?!?!?! THAT'S WHAT MAKES DMC DMC!!!!1111"

Attached: 1522109844120.png (137x150, 45K)

If DmC wasn't a "DMC" game and dropped it's whole "fuck you I'm edgy" themes but otherwise stayed exactly the same would it have been a well received game?

none of that was an argument, enjoy your shit game

So... do you only like DMC1? Because that's the only one Itsuno didn't work on.

DMC3 gave us Devils Never Cry, Taste The Blood and Divine Hate
DMC5 gave us wub wub wub

Attached: file.png (600x600, 179K)

Too dumbed down and devil trigger making enemies float was dumb.
Else it wasn't such a bad game. A bit cringy and weird at times but not bad.

If the two studios worked together we could have GOTY.

man DMC5 has the boomers fucking livid lmao

DMC3 was the best one and it was clearly a fluke. Who the fuck knows what happened to 4 and 5.

I don't really play DMC for exploration but I do kind of miss the RE-style "get item, unlock thing" system. Puzzles not so much because of how many times you're supposed to play through the game.

Better than the garbage you shit out, faggot.
Enjoy living in the past and screeching when a game that came out after you were 15 doesn't conform to your retarded nostalgiafag bias.
I'll be enjoying booting DMC3 just to play Vergil 3 and DMCV.

Attached: 1522701202689.jpg (476x316, 28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=tSsiLDd2AjI

Attached: 1551941007039.jpg (960x960, 61K)

I'm a huge 3 fanboy but 5 just smashed my expectations and became my favorite.
Once bloody palace comes out, I'll fucking no life 5.

Attached: 1552253142328.jpg (703x742, 189K)

>Co-op bloody palace.
Mission 13 alone makes DMCV one of the best games if not the best, nostalgiatards be damned.

How will bosses work in Bloody Palace? I can think of one or two that would be miserable for V

youtube.com/watch?v=xNbBt7sCdUU

Attached: file.png (500x513, 336K)

Which ones? I can't remember a single boss that wasn't in a big open arena in the first place.

Bosses are fine, but I can't imagine how V will handle a Fury.

Launch it with birb stinger

>There are a billion better games for all of those than any of the DMC games.
So what? Their inclusion was still a nice breather from the action in DMC3, and a vital part of DMC1. There's nothing contradictory about appreciating them or otherwise mourning their relative exclusion from DMC5. Keep in mind I love DMC5, but you don't have to take such an all-or-nothing approach to appraisal.

>Just got to the Dante mission
>Balrog
Is there a better weapon? I don't think so

Attached: 1516824064555.jpg (646x720, 23K)

Balrog is legitimately the best punch weapon they've made yet.

1 > 5 > 4 > 3 > DmC > 2

Attached: time_has_cum.jpg (800x600, 76K)

I like King Cerberus more

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190313210333 (1).webm (640x360, 2.14M)

JAB
HOOK
UPPERCUT

FEEL MY BLOW WHEN IT IMPACTS UP YOUR GUT

Can you still pulse on and off the devil trigger for massive damage?

>Enigmas
>Chess pieces
>Blood-goyles
>Dullahans
>Spiders
>Soul Eaters
>The Fallen

>Gigapede
>Arkham
>Jester
>Leviathan
>Doppelganger
>good
DMC5>>>>>>DMC3

That was only in 3 I believe

Fuck no. It's smooth as fuck and has stances that transitions well into each other. It's such a step up from Gilgamesh in 4 that it's crazy.

5>3> in terms of Dante's arsenal. Shame Nevan or the sniper didn't make a comeback but that's my only real complaint.

It's been ages and I genuinely can't remember the weapons in 1. I mainly remember rider kicking shit off the massive jump pads.

The only issue I have with the game is that you can't cycle through devil breakers without breaking them for some odd reason.

I dont remember that much from 3 but all enemies looked strange and different from eachother, from what ive seen enemies in V are ugly grey monsters

They didn't want to give Nero too many options. I would've liked to be able to at least swap them outside of combat.

Can we at least agree fuck Nobodies in both games

Alastor, Ifrit and Force Edge

E&I, Shotgun, Grenade launcher and Mini-Nightmare

They don't have the bright color palettes of the enemies in 4 but they are a big step up from 3's literal grey sandbags.

DMC5 is better in everything but story. And even then its story is still second place.

Doppelganger was fine and the problem with Arkham is that he's too easy.
Fuck the rest of those though.

Can you even count FE as separate weapon when it's just alastor with no devil trigger for 90% of the game and alastor with a better devil trigger for the last 10%?

isn't 5 a fanfic of 3?

yeah but that didn't stop them from giving Dante a billion fucking options right from the get-go. Nero is fun but he feels so limited in comparison to Dante.

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she's literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon-whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-2000 black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, hell-cum out her ps2-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 22K)

>DmC
>Dante: FUCK YOU!"
>people cringe

>DMCV
>Nero: FUCK YOU!"
>people get hyped and cheer

i dont understand this

Doppelganger is fun when you treat it like a Legend of Zelda Ganandorf fight and just parry the balls back at him instead of going around the room like a faggot opening the lights. You're right with the rest though. Especially Arkham what a shitshow boss.

>Doppelganger was fine
dude hit windows for 10 minutes lmao

>i lie for a living
Wow. Great life choices, pal.

Attached: 1552075933946.jpg (1050x1400, 274K)

At least in 5 their death animation isn't a million hours long.

autistic shills and manchildren

@454515613
here's your reply

It'll probably end up being 5 for my money. 3 was really good and close. 4 and one are equal and a little bit below that.

You are genuinely retarded if you can't tell the difference between how Donte says it and Nero says it. Donte says it to be edgy and cool, Nero says it in an instance of genuine rage and frustration.

It's hard for me to say that DMC1 and DMC3 are even the same type of game.

b-b-but Nero had reason to say fuck you!!
it's different!

Attached: file.png (600x600, 397K)

One is trying to hard to appear cool by having the protag swear at some random boss, the other is a son confronting his asshole deadbeat dad after his actions caused the destruction of an entire city.

SPBP

context is everything, shitposter

Attached: 1552591898521.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

They're DmC faggots. DMC5 was literally a homage to DmC.

5 is DmC done right

>Nothing from 2 appears at all
Lucia’s map in Dante’s office
Beryl on a magazine cover
Sin DT is pretty obviously a fusion between the Perfect DT concept from 4 and Majin Form

Fucking this. Those people are so fucking dumb.

DT does the same thing in DMC5 if you use it while standing still.

DMC5 is basically a DMC4 remake. You're stupid.

Dethroned by literal randoms in 5 in terms of parry mechanic utilization.
Man, DMC3 has aged pretty badly.

Attached: 1545461505189.jpg (1920x1080, 131K)

Exploration was pretty terrible in 3 and was obviously just there so they could reuse the same areas for different missions. In fact that's the one thing that DMC1 still does better than any other game in the series.

lol, these fucking faggots and their excuses.

Devil breakers are good.
Nero performs fine
People are just mad they can't be stylish with him enough.

>5 is a shit game
I know. That's why I pirated it.

god that is so fucking cringe. thats suppose to be cool?
wow, going into his devil trigger with a middle finger. fucking epic bros! am i right?

thats literally worse that DmC dantes "fuck you".

Attached: trueking.png (1000x708, 1.7M)

>DMC5 is basically a DMC4 remake

Damn, i wish 5 had same aesthetic

Attached: file.png (1280x1024, 1.87M)

Honestly i thought it will be my favourite but all Dante's weapons are just superb and once you unlock DSD and its DT-related mechanics everything just becomes mindblowing.

What they did with Cerberus is crazy too, it was never my favourite back in 3 but here it's an insane mix of damage and utility including an auto-parry skill.

waaah waaah try enjoying something for a change, you fucking tryhard

Attached: 1552518075220.jpg (540x720, 33K)

I dislike the the motorcycle a lot
it feels so fucking janky and sluggish

>dante
>nero
there's your hint, niggerbrain

4>3>DmC>1>5>2

Attached: 1429206621370.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

(you)

Attached: 1552431989809.gif (300x264, 764K)

>better weapons
>better level design
>better fight mechanics

lol why cant DMCV fags admit this?

I hate that people who don't respect gameplay got into my series. Some of you would trade the combat with some bamham garbage for some epic platforming sections. You all make me sick.

Cavaliere has a natural hyperarmor that doesn't lower your rank if you're getting hit, it's a heavy weapon done right and the funniest thing about it is the fact that swordmaster moves and normal moves chain together seamlessly leading to some really fun mixups.

it actually is, donte's fuck you is genuine

>if you want better level design, that means you also want the combat to be worse

says the person that probably shit on DmC because of its "fuck you!" moment.

people forget that he also calls Vergil a fucking asshole as well.

cringe

>DMC4
>Colorful, varied, invokes fantasy adventure
>DMC5
>DUDE, GREY

patrician taste

It's like 2 times as unfinished as DMC5 is

Too bad that armor will get the shit killed out of you on DMD where enemies are swinging for entire health bars at a time when DT'd.

3 has some really good bosses but also some really shitty ones. 5's boss quality is more consistent, but none of 5's best fights are as good as 3's best.

5>3>>>>>>>>

Attached: 1548521763997.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

does the concept of execution not matter to you? those games have good ideas but shit implementation. 5 actually did it right.

DMC5 doesn't even look cool. Nero's long coat in that environment was pretty based. DMC5 Nero just looks like he left some queer rave.

Attached: 1552534909094.png (1920x1153, 928K)

Not if you're not shit at using the weapon.

DMC5 is way more fun to replay than any of the other DMC games even though V exists.

What about the second on-BAHAHAHAHAHA

BANG BANG BANG
BANG BANG BANG
BANG BANG BANG
BANG BANG BANG
BANG BANG BANG

cute couple oWo

the post you're replying to is literally a picture of grey stonework

DMC4 is literally grey gothic cathedrals and a forest.

You're fucking gay. The real oldfags who like DMC didn't like it for the combat, we liked it for the entire package. It's you newfags who think DMC is purely about autistic combos.

The real fans want every aspect to be good, you autist shit eaters think only gameplay matters and that every game except 5 is now suddenly shit. Fuck you faggot.

>DMC5 wasn't an homage to DmC
Explain this character, then.

Attached: nico-1.jpg (600x330, 28K)

5 didn't do anything right.

Literally 1 game out of 4 was ever about anything other than the combat.

Attached: 1552037090268.png (178x167, 2K)

Incoming damage control

only correct answer, and it still holds up.

TOP 10 BOSS FIGHTS IN DEVIL MAY CRY:

1. Vergil (DMC5)
2. Vergil (DMC3)
3. Angelo Credo
4. Cavaliere Angelo
5. Dante (DMC4)
6. Artemis
7. Agni and Rudra
8. Nevan
9. Urizen
10. Nelo Angelo

Attached: Vergil.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

cope more incel, game turned out mediocre and you can't accept the fact that people didn't like the turd of game Itsuno shat out.
DMC3 still reigning supreme, like ir or not.

Here's your DMC5 bro

Attached: 2135412-1.jpg (1200x799, 635K)

i agree. say what you like about DMC4's botched dev time but they used every part of the buffalo for something and managed to pull it off quite competently.

i'd say DMC4 tells a better story overall than 5 too

Attached: 19618514.jpg (325x326, 22K)

>better style system
>better enemies
>better weapons
>better bosses
>better story
>better visuals
It's not the best DMC game but it's far better than DmC and 4.

We will see about DMC5 Vergil. He was quite a bit more fun on son of sparda but not quite there yet. Hopefully DMD Vergil will be finally what I expect of Vergil.

If you really don't see difference between gothic depressive atmosphere and endless demonic guts you clearly stupid

>pretending to be a fan when you hate the series
Yikes!

Why can't Rising Dragon be bound to Back+Circle like in DMC3? This whole forward+Circle twice thing is a much less intuitive way of doing it in my opinion.

You replied to the wrong post.

The story in 5 was absolute garbage. I wanted something kino like DMC3, I got some shounen anime-tier bullshit where they waste away a cool new character so that fans can cream themselves over the reveal of their favorite cool katana man. The ending feels like it has no stakes or consequences, they just fight and then everyone is just alright with each other, Vergil killed like millions of people in not London and Dante talks with him like he's just some normal bro.

Attached: 1552337086050.png (376x438, 265K)

both games are visually repetitive. I never liked the aesthetics of 4. the best DMC aesthetics are in 1 and 3.

BROS WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING THE GAME

HOW DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN BROS I CAN ONLY PLAY 1 ON MY HACKED PS2 5 IS FUCKING SHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 3251325234123.png (500x500, 170K)

>I got some shounen anime-tier bullshit
Are you talking about 3?

I'm honestly considering stealing one of these from gamestop so I can effectively play Dante without clawing

Each button in the back for Each style

should I?

Attached: 2018-05-23-image-11.jpg (1200x580, 88K)

>i'd say DMC4 tells a better story overall than 5 too
And you would be right.

I'm glad people are waking up finally. 5's story was fucking terrible and Itsuno said it was the greatest story they've made yet, and that we would cry.

Never buying another one of their games again, they're lying fags.

>bunch of nonsense
3 > 4 > 1 > 5 > 2

Except DMC1 is about combat and DMC1's level design was dogshit.

haha this is really funny user

> 1,4
Stop shitposting pls

I honestly expected a bit more from DMC5 and yet it surpassed my expectations in some ways so I guess we are even. I will be happy the moment I can drop playing the levels and just focus on the combat on bloody palace. DMC levels, no matter the DMC game are only good for the first playtrough, after that they are just a hindrance to the combat.

Wrong
1>5>4>3>2

The level of contrarianism of some of you faggots never ceases to amaze.

Also why did they fuck up Twosome Time? The new input is dumb and neutral Circle got replaced with that shitty power shot.

Based

Attached: 1552122364864.jpg (443x455, 96K)

>DMC4 tells a better story overall than 5

holy fuck this
I thought i'm the only one

Holy shit that would be a dream to use on PC but I doubt it has support. I use a DS4 because you can rebind touch commands so there are a lot of extra buttons for PC only functions, but that has 6 extra buttons. I'd be in heaven.

I like the series for its main draw, the combat, not the thing the first one did because it didn't even know what it wanted to be yet.
You sound like the real poser here.

Attached: 1535318979546.jpg (326x294, 18K)

Cringe

Don't steal user. Just save up for it. I will say though, these types are really nice. I use an xbox elite controller for DMC5 and I bind lock on and every style but royal guard (because I'm a counterlet) to the paddles. It works really well.

DmC does not exist

Someone should make animation comparisons of all DMC for Dante's default weapon.

The combat isn't even good you fag.

Viewtiful Joe is actually good though.

1 and 2 are high quality games

Is there any reason to go back to 4 after 5, or is 4 basically a relic of the past at worst and a tech demo for 5 at best?

I want this aesthetic back in DMC. 3 had some good areas but the castle had good atmosphere. No other DMC game did it again. Marionettes will always be my favorite DMC enemy.

>visible strings are on them
>You're left wondering what other demon could be controlling them
So good.

no u

Honestly I'm surprised it's even canon at this point

I dont do this very often but the objective list is 3>5>4>1>2 and it is not up for debate, if you have a different opinion then you are wrong

>STARTING AT $199.95
Yeah fuck you, he should steal it.

If you're on Yea Forums and haven't played DMC yet or know what the consensus is, please lurk more, this question gets asked too many times.

>better music
>better on everything else aside from the final fight(s)

4 is a better game than 5. 5 only has better combat.

We're reaching levels of contrarian that should be illegal.

>people arguing over DMC combat when Bayonetta already perfected it years ago
kek, its fun seeing DMCshitters eat each other alive over which of their archaic action game is the best

Attached: 1548026856640.jpg (548x294, 169K)

3's enemies are too terrible for it on the top of the list

For now. After Bloody Palace and Vergil get released 3 will leave the throne once and for all.

DMC5 is more fun to replay, since like half of DMC3 missions are "that" mission.

>and Itsuno said it was the greatest story they've made yet, and that we would cry.

fucking liar

>Doing DMD mode and on chapter 7
>Plant boss gets 12 arms when it DTs and goes ape shit
>Goliath starts chucking shit all day and puts up more of a fight
>Artemis summons literally everything well charging far more often at closer ranges
>Nidhogg calls down 7 of himself not fucking tentacle arms his fucking main red two armed body

And then they shit horse fight just spams time stop giant AOEs that it feels impossible for V to dodge consistantly and all you can either do is hope you have meter to nightmare or hope he misses. Then at his last 1/4th he becomes a shitty AOE spamming tank with more life then the rest of his bar on the truest of steroids.

Used a gold orb for the first time not even ashamed anti fun giant life bar that doesn't feel rewarding to fight like others in one of the worst fights of the game with a boss that constantly AOEs or runs. Right after i fought Gilgamesh who was fun as shit ramming into stuff and going crazy at the end with delayed explosive timings and me lassoing it like crazy.

Im ashamed but still fuck that fight there is no reason that last 1/4th has to take forever when hes moving more then any other phase and annoying as fuck with slow down into shooting 1/3rd of my life off each time. Someone red pill me unless im really right and you just gotta run from him all day perfectly. I assume also you have to master calling back summons.

dodge enemy
enemy slow
do damage

cool game xD, time for a QTE!!!

bing bing wahoo

>A half finished game is better than the best action game ever made

Attached: 1509551930994.jpg (645x729, 26K)

That 90's techno inspired soundtrack was incredible as well

>>STARTING AT $199.95
Holy shit I didn't know it was that much.

Bunch of contrarian troglodytes in this thread. 3 still wins by default for story in comparison to 5, but saying the "story" of 4 and the "message" of DmC are better? Fucking retards. 2 had a better story than both 4 and DmC. 2! Though 1 still has better combat than 2, it has aged like fucking milk.

3 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> DmC

> B-b-but DMC5 borrowed heavily from DmC
So fucking what? The main character was completely unlikable, had to be patched up after the debacle that was the original release, with a shitty roster of villains that do nothing for his character. Even Vorgin was a complete waste. If that's not enough, Donte's whole "Wig scene" went against his character (why would a punk turn down bright white hair? It stands out and shows he hates society even more) all for the sake of shitting on fans of the original.
> I-it-it was paying homag-
Fuck off. There's a difference between paying homage and knowing that the dev fucking hated the original Dante and completely missed the mark, so was a spiteful little shit.
> The combat
Was touched up by Itsuno after the debacle of the original trailer release, and it was still piss-poor since it became true air juggle and color matching: the game.
> M-m-muh message
Again, who gives a fuck. You're playing a DMC game to have fun, not to give a fuck about what it has to say about current life. Hell, that's a point off.

I'd rather play 2 and fall asleep than be slapped in the face with DmC. Don't bother commenting, you fucking mongoloids, unless you have actual proof.

4 is completely obsolete now that 5 exists

Whatever you say lanklet fetishist.

>3>5>4>1>2

Absolutely based

this is a definite possibility, also turbo mode would be nice

>i should've been the one to fill your dark hole with WHITE white white white....
no

>2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> DmC
Opinion discarded.

Anyone who says 4 is better than 5 in any way, shape or form hasn't played one or the other.

Attached: 5432.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

I believe that these kind of threads made extremely clear that the new DMCV fanbase are full of extremely cancerous and insecure fucks who need to justify their DmC 2.0 tier game by using extremely low iq mental gymnastics so they can feel better for waiting 10 years and buying a terrible shilled and mediocre game.

Attached: There+is+no+escape+_10aac81451992a44bb983e075561eabd.jpg (960x711, 54K)

>half a game above 1
I know the gameplay is better but the game is a boring slog as a whole. Combo videos don't make it a good game.

>So fucking what?
When it's responsible for awful characters like Nico, it's a big deal.

After SoS i actually think Vergil Dante is the best fight in the series in 5 but i only did it on 3 on hard mode.

They are just about as good imo

Attached: tier list beat em up hack n.jpg (2090x2118, 1.1M)

The only reason anybody ever liked 4 was that it had the best combat.

>V
>fun to play

The only thing these threads made extremely clear is that Yea Forums is the worst board on this site for any kind of discussion.
Enjoy your unmoderated reddit.

cope

His words not mine.

No, it wasn't. It's not perfect but it did it's job by giving actual pacing to the game.

LOL xD it’s only been out a little while xD! No need to already say it’s an eternal debate lolol

Not gonna justify playing a good game. DMC5 is the best action game in ages. But to be fair the only good action game in recent memory before it was Bayo 2. The genre is still rather dead.

Make me, faggot.

4 plays so outdated after playing 5 and Dante looks like a complete retard. I can never go back to that game. 3 at least has a great story and fun weapons and a Vergil that is actually fun to use instead of completely broken. Trish and Lady are also trash characters to play as in 4.

this is fucking bait

You mean 4 vs 3 fag.

>Remember being a kid
>Playing this boss after shooting the last form the majority of the time
>He gets me low while he's on nearly 3 quarters health
>panic and use Devil Trigger
>Go Majin and kill him in 5 seconds while not knowing what the fuck I was doing.

The game was a joke while 1 and 3 left me absolutely pissed and didn't complete them until years after they first released, I breezed through 2 without a single hitch

4 Dante is fucking terrible and anyone who likes that design should be killed and burned on sight

don't act like 3 wasn't very shounen
it just seemed like they actually cared about explaining shit

DMC5 feels like every cutscene is missing at least half of itself
why didn't Dante object to V finishing Urizen off, when Urizen as his brother was already seen as his responsibility?
what the fuck was Kyrie's call at the end? how did she not ask what he meant by "family" other than herself? how did what she say point Nero in the right direction?
How the hell does everyone jump to the conclusion of "we'll be trapped in hell after we sever the roots and seal the portal with Yamato" nobody says you can't seal it from earth's side once you're done
ect.

what is all of nero's rage at vergil in the end fight anyway
sure Vergil has sucked as a father, but he literally didn't know how significant Nero was to him until Dante said something. and it's not like he denied him when Nero inturrupted their fight.

Attached: 1552396731900.png (1419x1080, 821K)

>3 on hard mode
Vergil on DmD pretty much forces you to use Killer Bee jump cancels on Vergil since he'll be regenerating more health than you could dish out without it.

I agree up until SoS. On DMD besides maybe Nidhoggs mission every V missions is rather complete shit and had me abusing putting enemies off camera all day. Dealing with DT enemies as V takes far to long and is annoying as shit. Im glad he only has like 4 mandatory missions.

I just realized that's a window and not a door after 18 years

>no more heroes
No More Heroes is objectively a shit game gameplay wise that is only carried by the characters and music. I replayed it because it was one of my favorites and god is it horrible.

>PRETTY PICTURE MEANS GAME GOOD

>No More Heroes is objectively a shit game gameplay wise that is only carried by the characters and music. I replayed it because it was one of my favorites and god is it horrible.

Attached: 1528400822649.png (1092x1050, 120K)

Boss fights are top notch

They are people in this thread caring more about story than gameplay

Attached: 20190314_152947.jpg (1440x2218, 1.49M)

I believe that these kind of threads made extremely clear that the old DMC3 fanbase are full of extremely cancerous and insecure fucks who need to justify their Nostalgia tier game by using extremely low iq mental gymnastics so they can feel better for still playing a 15 year old game and that has been objectively surpassed by the newest title.

4 is shit. Autists act like core mechanics are the only thing that matter when the truth of the matter is that they're just a foundation.

>devil may cry
>exploration
What the fuck are people smoking
There's no exploration in DMC games, if you go the wrong way then you hit a dead end or you find a locked door, there's no exploring to do
It's not fucking zelda or some shit, you don't get to travel the map looking for interesting shit you can do, you go from point A to point B, you fight shit along the way and sometimes solve puzzles or pick up a key, that's the formula for the entire series
The only thing dmc5 does differently is eliminate the backtracking completely, there's never a need to turn around after reaching a mid point in a level unlike in older games.

Attached: fx.jpg (2298x2118, 1.08M)

>4 better then 3
I can live with everything else on this list but I can't agree with this, Blitz alone makes 4 worse to me

Dante definitely knew who V was. He probably thought his human side was actually going to take responsibility and put down his demon side tbqh.

The Kyrie call was rather generic shonen stuff i didn't think it was too bad or good. As for the rest yeah i mean Yamato opens portals is a pretty big hole in the trapped story let alone how often things escape from hell.

What's awful about Nico?

They had a perfect SMT game but they fucked up big time with the resources and shitty ass interface.
I would pick it up again for the DMC event but going through a 40 minutes tutorial is shit

yeah i know
i'm talking about Itsuno. I was so fucking dissapointed with story in 5, it's crazy that Bingo and Itsuno thought that it's great

>Atmosphere/art-design:
1 > 3 > 5 > 4
>Level design
1 > 3 > 5 > 4
>Gameplay:
5 > 4 > 3 > 1
>Boss Fights:
5 > 3 > 1 > 4
>Overall
???? > 4

>sure Vergil has sucked as a father, but he literally didn't know how significant Nero was to him until Dante said something. and it's not like he denied him when Nero inturrupted their fight.
this was absolutely insane to me considering that the entire game nico talks about how she doesn't give a shit about her father, but then we're expected to understand why Nero would be emotionally devastated by the knowledge that his absentee father was a jerk

3 just because 5 didn't change enough in other places. No unique level design so you feels railroaded by the missions. No clever or good puzzles to vary the monotony of the good gameplay. Secret mission doesn't count. Story was handled well until the final moments. Dante suddenly becomes DMC4 Dante for no reason again and Vergil becomes a caricature of himself after losing to Nero. It felt like I was playing combined lesser versions of a DMC game. 5 is good game but left alot to be desired from a comeback.

dmc4 has better combat than 5

Attached: dmc4.webm (640x360, 2.81M)

Same. I think his less vulnerability windows and Doppelganger rewards free form gameplay more than 3's massive DT heals that forces you to DTE and spam jump cancel divekick

>orange, cyan and green, so much color and variations!

Let's be honest here, DMC was always dominant in muted and dark colors contrasted by Dante's red coat. Anyone complaining about muh colors is dumb, and saying DmC had variation is also idiotic since it mainly uses 2 contrasting colors followed by a more neutral one (green).

overall kill yourself.

They didn't even try, there's no way anyone thought it was great unless they were fucking retards.

>orange
>blue
>orange
>blue
>orange
>blue
nice variety

Overall - 3 > 5 > 1 > 4

I wish there was less Nero in DMC5 and more of the other two
Hell, the ending only made me hate him more with how Mary Sue it was.

> What is color theory?

Sorry but color doesn't make for a good adventure. This also makes me wanna close my eyes with how hard the contrast is.

>Boss fights 5>3
Yeah no

Too early to claim this. people are still coming up with crazy shit. Like that tomboy webm thats going around.

Blood-goyles are the best flying enemies they've ever made though.

5>3>1>4>DmC

5 surpassed my wildest expectations. I don't really see how it's up for debate. I would have ranked 4 on top too just on the gameplay alone, but since 5 has even better gameplay and is a complete game it's become somewhat obsolete. Nero is a better main character than Dante though.

>mary sue
every significant character in DMC is a mary sue, it's basically the core appeal of the series.

There's no turbo mode and animation locks are gay. It's simply not as cool.

I had the same question and I actually played it. It is quite literally an unfinished game. Random levels thrown together with no connection whatsoever, missions that are bosses with no context and horrible balance to top it all off.
If you want to you can give it a spin, it's only 5-6 hours long and stupidly easy on normal just know that it will be a waste of time. Also, there's no story if you want to play it just for that.

colormax.org/color-blind-test/

Biggest cringes of my life reading this

I was happy the life regen seems minor as fuck on SoS and probably isn't much on DMD same with enemies just taking more damage. I never liked the life regen of DMC3 DT enemies it feels like it flat out encourages perfection which VH and Hard did not in a really play style alienating way.

>falseflsgging faggots are trying to poison the well and pretend there's some kind of civil war between DMC fans
Is it KHfags, is it Serikofags, Bayofags? Or maybe it's Barry mass shitposting. Whatever the case, someone on this board is severely mentally ill.

Attached: 1552557310176.gif (200x185, 2.99M)

No user, you can't just write down Vergil 3, and the rest of the lackluster shit in the game get written off.
Vergil 3 can't carry 3's boss cast over 5's.
I know you're an adult now and everything is shit, but at least try to pretend you're reasonable.

>the problem with Arkham is that he's too easy
Play the higher difficulties and tell that to me. I fucking dare you.

DMC5 literally has a better Beowulf, a better Cerberus, a better Geryon, a more dynamic Vergil, and other goodies thrown in the mix like Cavaliere. DMC5 has the best bosses in the series no contest

based
cringe

Attached: 1552285354577.jpg (941x531, 55K)

some overused artsy fartsy crap
>oh look, it's purple and green
>again

Hey fuck off with your schizoid shit faggot, this is not your usual autistic circlejerking thread. If you don't have anything worthwhile to say then don't ever fucking post here.

i miss the look of this devil trigger desu and I still want a 4Nero costume

but not the timer on bloodypalace

Definitely barry. Why would sekirobros care whether people enjoy dmc5? Both games are blessed

Not him but care to explain? Faggot

I agree with literally everything you just said, except I'm only going to definitively put DMC5 over DMC3 if Bloody Palace delivers. Not being able to play through the whole game with one gameplay style like DMC3 hurts replayability a bit

t-t-t-turbo mode dlc, hahaha that will show them... right bros?

Cool combos are subjective. its possible to create something good without turbo mode or animation cancels. DMC2 had good combos but no one remembers anything about the gameplay besides the guns being busted.

>Unappealing bitchboy btfos two stronger characters to scream "STAHP FIGHTIN YOU GUUUYZ!"
There is being OP and being a Mary Sue.
Everyone is OP in DMC, but Nero is a Mary Sue in how he solves everyone else's plotline by being inserted into them.

That looks like prerelease footage because the lighting in final 4 was not that good.
youtube.com/watch?v=LHN_VzU4wjc

cringe

I mean i'm no brainlet and figured most of this but the cutscenes don't really hint at any of this
way too much of it is wrapped up in "ah, you have your reasons" writing where the plot progresses because everyone holds the idiot ball

You really don't need to have your thumb in the stick for most of the time anyway in these games. Why claw?

>Arkham is that he's too easy.
His tentacles home forever and deals lots of damage, and most importantly phase 2 took away your DT and style moves while adding a grab that makes Dark Souls 2's hitboxes looks fine
There's a reason everyone recommended switch cancel Spiral for that fight

no. every character in DMC is a mary sue. vergil is probably the biggest.

>Dante (DMC4)
being a input reading piece of shit doesn't make him a good boss fight

git gud fatass

Godhand haters should be banned from this board

>it's not perfect
That's an understatement. DMC1's level design is FUNDAMENTALLY not designed around its gameplay. Not even the boss arenas. It was retrofitted and it shows. To say nothing of the godawful platforming, the swimming sections, or the recycled assets in the second half.

The point is, DMC1, despite its primitive design, is still about the combat. All the other forms of gameplay are either undercooked or outright shit.

Confirmed no turbo mode ever. Consoles are just too shit.

IGNITE THE FLAMES

>Asshurt power level Dantefags calling Nero a mary sue
I fucking called it. You faggots will not let anyone else even come close to main character status despite Nero being set up in 4 and despite every single piece of information about DMC5 from its reveal trailer telling us it's Nero's game. You're not even using that fucking term correctly you retard, a mary sue is a character that has no failings whereas Nero has an arc in a game about getting over his failings to rise to the level of those stronger characters you mentioned.

how about making a good boss fight that doesn't rely on cheap shit instead

>Vergil
Vergil is a walking edgelord joke who always loses in the end.
Because he is a bitch.
No one likes him.
Because he is a bitch.
Nero is just as insufferable of a bitch, but everyone likes him, despite being a bitch.

Jesus Christ, that's just embarrassing

Attached: 1535704384219.jpg (768x768, 135K)

DMC3 enemies are fucking atrocious. Playing through bloody palace is awful when every other fight has a soul eater, spider, enigma, fallen angel, or dullahan. The chess pieces aren't as obnoxious but they aren't as fun to fight because they can't be staggered or juggled.

Attached: 1519193705692.jpg (225x224, 9K)

>if you only say its great youre a hater!
why are God Hand loyalists so insecure?

it's dragon ball z all over again

Becaude clearly we have taste and you do not

As opposed to what? 4's only colorful area being the forest? I don't like DmC either but it had good enviroments and yes, those are complementary colors.

More than just picking two colors that complement each other, you gotta also think about mood and atmosphere. I don't know what was their intention with randomly selecting a predominant color for each level, since sometimes it switches from warm to cool. I'm pretty sure they picked that palette because it's industry standard and makes it look more "cinematic".

>Vfujo still SEETHING
Cope

Attached: 1552491552900.jpg (578x870, 92K)

No ones hating on your game and you sperg out, good look

To put it into perspective, the devs dont even like to acknowledge it existed. It was meant to be the last game in the timeline but they basically retconned it so it was just a filler episode that happened between dmc1 and dmc4 because of how little relevance the game has to the rest of the series.

Even some of the most hardcore DMC purists consider 2 to be worse than the reboot.

>4's only colorful area being the forest?
I really hate you shitposters

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (474x266, 40K)

>whines his way into power
He never overcomes or earns anything
>let anyone else even come close to main character status despite Nero being set up in 4
>IT WAS HIS TURN!!!
But I guess every hero in every game needs to be an angsty piece of shit who bitchs and moans all game long

I still liked dmc4 best desu

Nah, you fuck off with your paranoid garbage thinking anyone who likes the game is a shill, you mentally fucked retard.

ok barry

Back+Circle is Real Impact which is the same as 3

#cancelvergil

freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences

problematic pissbaby vergil stans defending a LITERAL FASCIST

Is Yea Forums like this with every new good game that gets released. I'm not a regular and only visiting for DMC5. Being a regular on this place must be truly suffering.

>why didn't Dante object to V finishing Urizen off, when Urizen as his brother was already seen as his responsibility?
Probably because to dante V was just 'killing himself'. The thing is dante probably knew more than the game lets us know he knew because V debriefed him off screen, remember at the end of the cutscene where dante first meets V in his office V mouths out vergil's name
Unfortunately we can only assume V told dante everything he told everyone else

>DMC-kun is here
cringe

>soul eater, spider, enigma, fallen angel, or dullahan.
I know how you feel.
I am playing through DMC3 hard mode and while I am enjoying the bosses I am not looming forward to fight those encounters.
That room with the enigmas and bloodgoyles is absolute cancers.
Hell vanguards can suck my dick too.

Attached: 1552244117930.png (500x500, 279K)

>454522026
Kill your fucking self redditor

>Brown filter

Except here

It's sometimes a lot worse. RE2 time was a lot of awful.

>He never overcomes or earns anything
dante vergil and nero get power from having sparda blood and no through no particular hard work or skill. none of them earned anything.

Saying your game is great instead of god-tier isnt hating you loon

4SE > 3SE > 5 > 3 > 1 > 4 > DmC DE > 2 > DmC

Just fucking Barry seething like always and making fanbase fight, like:

>sunset

>He never overcomes or earns anything
As opposed to stabbing himself for more power like the other two? Really boisterous effort on their part, those two have asspulled so many buffs they're way more deserving of the mary sue title than Nero. Nero got his DT because he was desperate to save his family in the moment and DT emerges in response to desperation, like Dante's did. You're just a dishonest fanboy faggot.

>But I guess every hero in every game needs to be an angsty piece of shit who bitchs and moans all game long
If Nero didn't have his angry and conflicted side you'd probably just call him a shitty diet Dante, which you probably do already despite what you're saying here. Make up your fucking mind retard. At least tell the class what you think a better story should be. It's probably something like:
>Write out any other characters and make so muh Dante and muh Vergil just fight and get stronger by themselves FOREVER and every game is Dante/Vergil adventures like DBZ!

>has god in the title
>anything less than god
Flock off

It's gonna be hard to beat Vergil 3, I'm surprised they even tried.

I'm as oldfag as it gets as I bought the first game around release. I was never hyped to put the fucking round item in the round hole. I was playing for the combat from day 1. The whole series except two is great, but it's the combat that makes them that way. Not the cube room or the fucking broken bridge or the underwater shit.

I think the game made it quite clear that Dante only realized V's true identity right before V stabbed Urizen. V would have never told Dante his true identity and if he did Dante would have come to an understanding with Vergil sooner since V are the true feelings of Vergil. Dante also treated V very indifferently throughout the entire game even though we know Vergil is very important to him.

oh nice I get to be barry now

Have you played 3?
Its all about Dante earning strength
Also, who gives about Vergil?
He has always been a fucking villain.

The game has been shifted for the better since DMC3

Speaking of which why was Sparda so retardedly strong?
It took Moondust a blood ritual where he feeds a tree the blood of millions of people so that said tree will bear a fruit that gives him the ultimate power to get as strong as he was abd he still got BTFO by Sparda twice.

Attached: DMC4_SE_Sparda.png (695x1000, 643K)

DMD turns almost every encounter into a fucking nightmare
fighting the 2 fallen in that tiny ass room with 2 balls sucked
spiders suck
enigmas suck
but despite all that shit nothing is as bad as fucking arkham, what an abomination of a boss, that shit is cancer and having vergil with you and cucking you out of DT just makes it even worse

And he gets strength by... beating up demons and acting like a manchild. Just like Nero.

Sparda sealed mundus and the demon world. He didnt best him in combat

Explain me why Vergil have such a teen cracking voice in his 40? It was ok in 3 when he was 19, but now... (5:00)
youtu.be/6e-lzbHtvzY?t=300

Definitive edition allows you to DT without making enemies float

>DMC3 is just Dante stabbing himself
Also, make my mind up about what? My point has always been Nero is an unlikable little shit who is just diet Vergil with Dante taunts.

>DmC
>Nero: [nothing, not in this game]
>no reaction

>DMC5
>Nero: "Screw it!"
>people get hyped and cheer

????????????

Sparda was mundus right hand man, so i wouldn't be surprised if he got a slice of the apple

motherfucker WOKE UP TO JUSTICE

>DMC5 Vergil
Nah. He was disappointing. He should have had WAY more to him than what we got. It was basically Vergil 3.5. Ending the game people have waited so long for with practically the same boss fight that was in a previous game is just fucking lazy. He still shares so many of the same problems that Vergil in 3 did. So many of his moves are pointless because they are so easy to dodge, and his DT form is still a joke, except even moreso in 5.

*DT*
*dashes behind you*

Attached: download (3).gif (600x395, 56K)

Ah yes, the first thing that pops in my head when thinking about DMC is it's colorful presentation.
Why are you arguing this? First 3 DMC games took place in mostly dark areas with dark colors, DMC4 was the brightest one with the bloom turned up to 11, then DmC came saturating every pixel on screen and everyone started praising how unique and creative it was because they chose the safest complementary colors.

he's fucking dying there so I'm not surprised he sounds like shit there
he doesn't sound like that later

I felt his voice was a bit too fanservicy. His voice could have shifted a little.
On the other hand Dan is old and can do vergil voice, so its not impossible

Vergil 3 is great narratively but garbage from a gameplay point of view. Vergil 2 is probably the better fight mechanically speaking.

Woohoo =/= Crying about "Muh Power"
Having fun =/= Screeching like an autist

Because Sparda is a seiyan and all of his children are seiyans thus they get stronger through fighting

Sparda was the primary hell combatant

because he is a bitch

Vergil literally didn't have the time to change. This is the first time he was himself ever since DMC3, there is nothing inbetween. Apparently eating the apple gave him sin deviltrigger for free and his sin devil trigger has the ability to create clones. But the final fight plays only a few hours after Vergil is restored. It's quite logical that he wouldn't be too different from DMC3 Vergil.

never played 3 what wrong with those enemies?

GOD TIER BOSSES in DMC3:
Vergil 2/3

Great bosses in DMC3:
Vergil1
Agni & Rudra
Nevan

Good Bosses:
Cerberus

Shiiiiiiit:
Gigapede
Jester crap
Levihathan heart
Doppleganger
Greyon
Fucking ARKHAM

God tier bosses in DMC5:
None

Great bosses in DMC5:
Goliath
King Ceberus
Mounted Cavaliere
Cavaliere Angelo
Mallet Island Trio
Vergils

Good bosses:
Artemis
Nidhogg
Proper Urizen

Meh bosses:
Potted plant

Shit:
Urizen

>Nero vs Vergil vs Dante
Wow. That was hard. You'll literally be better than Vergil 3 because you're dealing with two autists instead of 1.

youtu.be/0D1xaqSa26Y
And people say dmc5 isnt the easiest dmc yet

DMC2 maybe was shit but it had good vibes
also, I played it with a gameshark code so dante was triggered (lol) the whole time because fuck you that's why
also Lucia

but 5 is great, maybe not like 3 because 3 is when we actually know everything about the whole Sparda legacy
nonetheless, 1 had the best setting. mallet island was resident evil-ish

Attached: 53472661_2413302548693386_9149971659946459136_n.jpg (557x605, 45K)

It all looks so washed out I can’t imagine why anyone would like it

Easier said than done to make a boss fight like that. Maybe it's possible with Dante cause his defensive capabilities are very high, but with Nero how the fuck do you balance that shit while also making it a GENUINE fight vs Dante and Vergil?

This nigger gets it.

Attached: 1551812321337.png (1067x625, 798K)

4's combat sucked too. Blitz in general and enemies clearly not designed for Dante automatically make it a step down from 3 and even 1.

Why do people even like this game. A bunch of grown men literally man children running around going wahooo zipzap bang boom on your screen and adults like this? grow the fuck up.

>fucking arkham
Not gonna lie.
Him and Moondust were the only bosses I used healing items in my entire DMC series playthrough what a fucking shit show.
I am not looking forward to fighting him on the higher difficulties, but I need dem Vergil fights.

Attached: 1552439604716.png (851x768, 771K)

Arkham should have his own tier

you forgot beowulf

This. 3 is good but damn people forgive it for way too much shit

hi Barry lmao

I agree that the Vergil fight in DMC5 isn't as good as in DMC3 but Vergil in DMC5 is still significantly better than anything else and definitely needs to be a tier up.

Absolutely predictable. Guess you're just going to have to live with the fact Nero is a permanent fixture in the series and some of us like him.

Fight the mounted knight on DMD and then tell me hes not the worst fight in DMC5. Constantly moving out of site , his slow AOEs are almost 2/3rds of the arena and his DT mode life bar feels like it doesn't move and even nightmare lasers did what barely could be called visible red.

Most of them are boring filler enemies. Spiders have a bunch of health but cant really be fought in interesting ways. Dullahan, fallen angels, and enigmas are just annoying to get into the right spot to take care of and can sometimes get cheap hits in. Soul eaters are literally nothings but they follow mario boo rules for if they're attackable or not which makes them kinda annoying.

I love DMC3 with all my heart and it was pretty much the only game in the series I would consider actually great, but DMCV so far has been a blast to play.
I havent felt this satisfied playing a hack slash game since MGSR, which is my favorite Platinum game and action game.

You forgot Lady in 3, who is also shit tier

Still harder to get those redorbs than sword-cancelling DMD Nelo 3 back to hell
Abusing the game was never hard

Reminder that Discordfaggots are trying their division tactics to make us fight amongst ourselves by creating boogiemen like the Vfujo or Barry. The real enemy are the Discord and Legacykiller. Not that it matters, since you're all bandwagoning newfags and the threads are just generals now.

Attached: 1538022022648.jpg (1080x1080, 205K)

Have you people been above DH? SoS Vergil/DMD are honestly better then DMD Vergil 3. The life regen meta alone makes that fight a tier down from the new best. Maybe I agree on Devil Hunter but DMC should atleast be ranked off SoS atleast

Vergil 3 and Agni/Rudra are the only objectively solid bosses within a sea of countless awful one's. Not an argument.

DMC3 had a terrible track record with encounters and only looked less trash when compared to DMC4.

Nero has so much ground and air mobility in this game. His buster and snatch is broken. He'll be able to handle it. You'll also help stop Dante from being a joke again. Dante pulling out the fight was lame, especially after Nero stopped the Vergil vs Dante fight.

Story is not an excuse to not properly evolve the gameplay. Especially in a game like fucking DMC. There was no excuse to no make some of his attacks more threatening.

DMC5's story is so fucking terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=KoYOek283zY

Arkham broke me. I was going for a no item playthrough on DMD and I was on that fucker for like 3 hours, on one attempt I was doing fairly good and the fucker grabbed me even though I was nowhere near his arm. I watched the replay frame by frame and I literally got teleported into his hand in front of him while I was off to his side. Fuck that shitty boss

3 is utter shit
what is there to debate
5age

i like that timeline. lets go with DMC 1

SoS is a bit better but not quite there. I still look forward to DMD Vergil.

>god tier
>vergil 2
In what fucking universe. He barely fucking does anything

>Not that it matters, since you're all bandwagoning newfags and the threads are just generals now.

redpilled

>Soul Eater
is ethereal until your turn away, kind of like a boo from mario. Fighting it consists of quickly turning to it and shooting it with a rocket launcher. It will constantly attack you while you're fighting other enemies.
>Spider
Both big and small spiders will jump around like retards making them annoying to consistently get hits in and take lots of damage to stagger. Difficult to juggle because of this. They are also really tanky even without DT.
>Fallen angel
Unstaggerable to my knowledge. Fighting them is you jumping at them and swinging to break their armor so you can damage them.
>Dullahan
An armored suit that you fight by jumping behind and hitting its jewel. Unstaggerable and boring to fight as you're literally just jumping behind it and hitting its ass.
>enigma
Ranged enemy that shits out damage and runs away from you if you get close. When it DT's its because very difficult to stagger and will blast you in the face for a huge amount of damage. Best way to fight it is Nevan because its lighting blocks its projectiles.

Thank god somebody filled this thread with light.

I only beat SoS so far so I guess I can't judge what you're saying, I'll take your word for it.
I once heard someone say that any enemy in DMC3 that's not got a scythe is shit and I'm inclined to agree.
Oh yeah, forgot about her completely lol.
FUCK he's actually a great fight too, my bad.
Fair enough, I don't disagree, I was just making a general statement that DMC3 reaches heights that DMC5 doesn't, for brief moments, but more often than not sinks to mediocrity that people just kind of like to forget about.

Is it me just having gotten better at the games or is DMC5 on normal a lot easier than previous games' normal difficulties? It's still great and I'm having a good time but whereas normal in previous DMC games often hit a sweet spot it's kind of a pushover here.

I do intend on playing the higher difficulties eventually, of course.

youtu.be/KbSsMImyEEA
DmC5 is a joke

I would agree but that's stupid. He should've gotten some new powers from eating up the fruit with Urizen. Dante and Nero get expanded movesets but Vergil gets his old moveset without Force Edge. This makes him predictable and uninteresting. On other news, Urizen 3 is a trash fight. His Beowulf attack hitboxes suck ass on startup. He can't do anything to Dante when Dante is in the air.

HEAVEN OR HELL?
LET'S ROCK!

meant for

So, you basically have only played on Human/Devil Hunter and haven't even bothered fighting him on the harder difficulties. Gotcha.

They played it too safe. All we can hope for is a Dante bossfight in Vergil's campaign.

DMC5 is piss easy
I kinda wish i started on DMD my first playthrough

Trust me its pure trash. I don't like V im guessing the proper way to ace it is to cancel summons constantly but im not even sure what the inputs to do that on the fly are besides obviously double jumping to call Griffon.

I have no idea why they thought that last 1/4th should take like 10 years to widdle well hes going the apest of shits and never tiring down. I thought Nidhogg would be the same but he was honestly a more fun version of SoS with similar life.

Btw on DMD when Nidhogg is near dead he summons like 7 of himself instead of arms and goes ape shit its fucking rad. Where as the knight horse just becomes a fucking damage sponge spamming slow downs that V sucks ass at dealing with if he has no nightmare.

>Find myself at a "gaming" bar
>Some dude asks what I'm playing atm
>Tell him DMC5 and he asks how is it
>Tell him it's great like DMC3
>He tells me that 2 is his favorite and gets rustled when I tell him he's wrong

bayo combat is floaty as fuck and constantly interrupted by shitty button mashing qtes, its like if nero had anti gravity and you had to mash to deal damage with buster attacks

You can. Beating urizen 2x isnt hard.

>stand still for a second to catch my breath on DMD Vergil
>he fucking rains a billion summoned swords from above while also moving in with a rapid slash

anyone who thinks DMC5 Vergil is below DMC3 Vergil 3 hasn't played DMD

DMD for first playtrough would be similar to hell and hell. I feel like SoS would be perfect for the first playtrough but it's too easy with abilities unlocked from the start.

I wish there was an input to teleport your summons to the monster. Shadow always seems to be just unresponsive enough to be really fucking annoying to use.

I've fought him on SoS. I didn't notice anything too drastically different. Still just seemed basically like a slightly expanded, easier version of Vergil 3.

Zoomies and DMC depraved boomies are easily impressed

Nero Breaker Tier List
S+-Gerbera GP01
S- Gerbera, Punchline
A-Overture, Tomboy
B-Rawhide, Ragtime
C-Helter Skelter, Buster
D-Pasta Breaker, Mega Buster
F-Sweet Surrender
Prove me wrong

I wish I did this too, I would have if I knew you could skip a difficulty by killing urizen.

SoS is still way too easy.

Based as fuck

This also. I had to flat out run near the fucker constantly to even make shadow track him right let alone trying to keep distance.

>4 is bette-

Attached: dmc4isagoodgame.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

The only hard fault of DMC5 is that V is trash and not fun to play as. Everything else is quite nitpicky.

But some of those nitpicky complaints I have really would have made the game much better like for example having more damage stats in the void instead of just total damage or being able to see timings in the void. All in all the void is severely lacking but you can't expect much from their very first training mode. My second complaint is that there is too much Urizen even though that fight is fucking boring as fuck. Some quality of life features like being able to see what orbs you have already found would be also great.

Gerbera is honestly the best from skill ceiling alone. Its literally a Nero trickster and if you don't care about rank besides maybe Fury teleports no enemy in the game can really catch you doing it.

Postgame buster is literally a wasted slot
Rawhide is a genuinely useful arm because it's a guaranteed AoE counter, like Ice Age, so it should be higher.
Tomboy is frankly not that useful if you've got good exceed timings
Ragtime is fucking shit outside of the break age
Other than that, I agree. I'd put overture in S rank just because it's SO fun to use.

Besides Vergil vs Nero/Dante it honestly was. I also had no idea how to punish Vergil without infinite DT I didn't realize you needed to be in DT or shoot him with buster or else he didn't stun when he was in devil trigger after the first 1/3rd

But yeah fucking DMD out of the gate feels like a step above. DT makes enemies fucking tanks and every single boss so far bar the stupid horse fight which is just a big sponge feels unique and different even plant bosses. Maybe Goliath is samey.

>Tomboy not that useful if you've got good Exceed timings
the point of Tomboy isn't just a free exceed but an extension of the Red Queen's moveset. It's basically Nero's Swordmaster equivalent

Attached: monster may cry.jpg (1969x1969, 658K)

>Is it me just having gotten better at the games or is DMC5 on normal a lot easier than previous games

It's both, though the problem with the difficulty is that there's no curve to it so you can end up facing some of the more powerful bosses in the entire game at the start.

GP01 is best and thats all that matters. Id put rawhide with punchline

Does this character serve any purpose past 3?

Attached: DMC5_Lady.png (1933x5198, 2.86M)

I've never given it a fair shake. I FUCKING WANT A BLOODY PALACE ALREADY FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Ill never understand why they wanted to make almost every enemy in DMC4 hard to get in on even when they fucked up. The only good one in that respect were the knights. Faust/weaker dude , Blitz , plant infected enemies are all awful.

Frosts/normal Lizards/Knights are probably the only good enemies in DMC4. Marionettes don't really do enough to warrant mention.

I think it has something to do with how motivation interacts with Demon/Human blood. Regular humans can be motivated to protect one another but demons tear them apart unless they are peak physical fitness which is extremely rare (Lady).

Sparda had motivation to protect his human-demon mix family and it probably made him extraordinarily strong. The motivation:blood-mix:power ratio seems to peak over time with half-breeds since Dante and Vergil are consistently more powerful than any pure demon against humans or for humans (Trish).

Nero seems to have a power:mix(1/4):motivation ratio that spikes above all the others but it is short-lived and not easily controlled as his righteous anger appears to be a trigger for it.

Attached: 1541010521702.jpg (1200x702, 165K)

Serves this dick lmao

Tomboy is floaty as fuck.
The normal hits have super weak range, and the gap close sends you flying

Tomboy's forward air attack is especially really good

Yes. She's Dante's wife.

yes she will bear my children

>Why do people like fun
Gee I dunno it's a mystery to me.

So people saying 5 is the best just like how easy it is?

mod to change cerebus theme to original when?

>pasta breaker that low
Shit taste. Helter Skelter is actually the worst one.

Quit shilling your youtube channel faggot

Your tranny is a new character in series and has nothing in common with Lady

Attached: 1426031679873.jpg (3840x2160, 987K)

just started playing this. holy hell its harder than anything in DMC3-5

why is GP01 above regular Gerbera?

Sweet Surrender is great to give yourself some health before boss fights on DMD. I don't care about being called a casual, I rather style a bit more and take damage for that and still go with decent health into boss fights.

The game's difficulty curve is wack as fuck in general. For like over 50% of the game the bosses are fairly easy to deal with. Then you have to fight Cerberus who's a heavy damage dealer, but fine, then Urizen which is fairly ok, then the mallet island trio who are quite tough, and then fucking VERGIL who just kicks your ass completely. Then a victory lap with nero.
It's so weird. Most of the game is too easy and then it slaps you with a brutal fight for the finale.

Stop samefagging about how much you autistically sperg out about the story, faggot.

None at all, it's sad since she was such a great character in 3.

Nico shouldn't even have existed, Lady could have made Nero's arms.

Attached: 1552431472642.jpg (872x591, 184K)

What? Im on DMD and finally loving the opposition and actually died with V to DT Lizards going ape shit and the horse knight was the first boss I used a gold orb on ever mostly because I was so close and fuck doing that mission ever in the near future.

SoS about 2/3rds of the way is fun though otherwise the only taste before that is DH Vergil sorta. I beat DMC4SE on DMD its not a hard game at all because of Nero buster 3 and bosses still being pusses.

tbf you can shoot down most of the dmc1 bosses as well. just with more moving

GP01 has a better neutral

Are you going to cry?

You basically get trick up/trick down which opens up more combo opportunities than the standard one's push.

>actually died with V
Yeah... no wonder you think V is the best game. What a pleb.

i found ragtime very underwhelming
id rather have a helter skelter on hand

Without GP01 Nero basically is Swordmaster/Gunslinger lite. With GP01, you gain trickster/Royalguard lite too making him capable of doing way more with parrying and mobility

This

Attached: 1552347119607.jpg (1318x976, 514K)

You haven't played on DMD so its okay you think that. When enemies one to two shot pets and you actually have to learn to space them/cancel them on reactions , manage all your meter and lizard flips do 1/3rd of you life and everything is DTing you can talk. You either watched the game or played it on DH. Keep talking kiddo. I bet you think Artemis is a weak boss too oh what you haven't seen.

"If you want it then you have to take it. But i'm guessing you already knew that."

Is more soulful then anything in 3 will ever be.