Can I just have a fucking Dante game for fucks sake? I don't care about that nero prick and that massive emo faggot...

Can I just have a fucking Dante game for fucks sake? I don't care about that nero prick and that massive emo faggot. Jesus christ what a colossal waste of time and resources. 10 years for that shit. FUCK YOU

Attached: 14443303511650.jpg (596x591, 58K)

I had this feeling the entire time playing. Was it REALLY fucking necessary to stop you playing as Dante until level 11 when they know that literally EVERYONE only wants to play as Dante from the start. What do they actually have against Dante? Why are they so desperate to try and force a newer character to take over? Why was Vergil only in the game for 30 minutes? What was the point of V at all when we could have had a plot where you played as Vergil instead? Just why?

Attached: feth.png (539x468, 146K)

You got four Dante games, stop whining.

3 and a half at most.

Shut up faggot, that is irrelevant. Make a new game series and call it something else if you want to stop focusing on the character that sells your games.

>make great character with lots of potential
>give the limelight to some weak side kick in following installments

Metal Gear Solid did the same thing with Raiden and Big Boss. We only got 2 Solid Snake games.

just go to the void and play dante there ;)

Raiden was objectively a better and more realistic character than snake. People who hated on Raiden were literally just gay for snake. MGS2 is by far the best game in the series hands down, it's even Kojimas favourite .

You had more than two.

>We only got 2 Solid Snake games
retard

2 and a half
DMC2 barely counts

>he doesn’t know who V is
Pretty good built-in filter for seeing who hasn’t played the game.

Every game in the series has had multiple playable characters.

Raiden was a faggot.

They knew it too, thats why they try hardy made him into a cyborg with depression.

Metal Gear Solid only has 2 Solid Snake games
MSX Metal Gear gets you two more Solid Snake games

He's right though he is a massive emo faggot and acts nothing like Vegil, you are doing some major mental gymnastics to convince yourself someone is complaining about a game they haven't played, that's autism.

Little shitposter, hie thee home.

Metal Gear 1&2 and spin offs dont count

He’s right tho...
It’s just that nobody cared because Big Boss is better.

They actually done that to appeal the children who liked 'cool' 2d characters like snake more than fully fleshed out characters. It's like retarded anime fags, they hate any character that has flaws, not his fault his fans are morons.

10 years for a fuck up. Just like FFXV and guess what? The same fags that defended that defend the fuck up that is DMC5.

Every fucking time it's "move on goy forget about how good games were". Sick of this shit. When will a decent game ever fucking come out?

Attached: 1552498418275.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

Tell that Kojima

Fuck off. There were 2 mainline Metal Gear Solid games in which Solid Snake was the main character.

Virgil was always an emo faggot.

I don't mind Nero now with his vastly expanded moveset but I really do not like how V plays. I feel like I'd love V in anything other DMC, but I really would rather be engaging in direct melee combat in 5.

The entire focus of every Metal Gear game was actually on Big Boss and his literal clones, so nah not really.

They did that because no one wanted some pear-shaped surfer twink who argued with his girlfriend while on an espionage mission.

It’s weird how people call themselves “fans” of the Devil May Cry series but they literally only like Devil May Cry 3 and nothing else.

>Muh dante
You can play most of the levels as him anyway

Attached: 1538733554761.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

Yeah that's my point, fans only like unrealistically cool and skilled characters straight out of a retarded anime for children.

>if you want to stop focusing on the character that sells your games.
>DMC4 is the best selling entry.
:^)

Man, fuck off back to whatever shithole you came from. This is 4 fucking chan, you absolute faggot.

I bet you hate White people.

Based

Seething reddiscum.

>can only play 7 missions as him

Nice one revealing you have never even played the game. If you have you're autistic for not noticing. Also his battle theme and even the Deluxe edition battle themes only play on 2 of his missions.

I'm a fan and I think the whole series is tasteless garbage for onions subsistent manchildren
1 is pretty good, though.

Whatever fag

Attached: 1527988460041.jpg (1920x1080, 367K)

DMC
DMC2
DMC3
DMC4 (half)
DmC

Oh look a pathetic 'sales mean everything' shill. 4 was souless. But anyway no, DMC4 sold terribly. DMC4SE does not count.

>liking cool characters
>BAD

>liking beta male fuckbois
>Why that's a good thing

Now that the dust has settled, what did matthewmatosis think about it?

>whole series
>1 game is cool

>Oh look a pathetic 'sales mean everything' shill.
You're the one who said Dante sells DMC games. Problem is the best selling entry stars Nero.

>DMC4 sold terribly.
Vanilla 4 sold more than 1, 2, and any individual release of 3.

>Anti Nero fags still exist after all this time
Nero's fun and is the new main character. Cope.

>defending a product when you have to mod it yourself to make it what you're pretending what it is

Yikes, shill more

Attached: feathers.jpg (300x168, 4K)

DmC Donte plays way more like Nero though with the grapples and stolen moves like Calibur and aerial roulette. IIRC even one of rebellions combos looks alot like Red Queen Combo C.

yeah that's pretty much DMC in a nutshell.
Thematically it's a shitshow and it's a shame Itsuno was allowed near it.

Snake's story was done and 4 was a mistake. Each entry starring a different guy was a good thing.

Both Nero and V are cool and fun to play. 4 already established that Nero is here to stay. Putting Dante at 11th mission is perfectly fine. It's his big comeback moment and after Nero and V sections, he feels super fresh to play.

It's infinitely better than pulling a Yakuza where they put Kiryu's chapter as the very first one and then we are left with 3 others nextwith no Kiryu in sight for 20hours of gameplay

Sales figure may not mean everything, but they certainly mean sales, you disingenuous fuck.

I like him more now that he's not an edgy emo anymore.
Capcom knew why people didn't like him in 4 and reversed his character with 5 as a result.

>"If you want to stop focusing on the character that sells your games"
>Is proven wrong
>"I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT SALES!"
What a retard.

>great character with lots of potential
His character arc ended in 1. He killed the man that killed his father and enslaved his brother, and avenged the death of his mother which was the purpose of him hunting demons in the first place.
Dante's fun, but he has no greater purpose outside of his relations to the other characters.

Attached: trick.jpg (1278x1889, 402K)

More sales usually means the games have gotten worse/more accessible to casuals. Try and prove me wrong with examples.

It's obvious Tamtam only played a bit of the last entry (of that time) and thought that this is all the series has to offer.
Even the Rebellion looks like Red Queen

Kamiya good, Itsuno bad.

That picture scares me. It looks so much like Donte it's surreal.

Just wait for Bloody Palace on the 1st and you'll have all the Dante you'd ever want.

>boring arena
>timer

So what's Yea Forumss opinion on "DmC: Devil May Cry" now that V is out?

>Moving Goalposts
Not that user, but my personal example is Ace Combat 7. Reportedly the best launch sales of the series (beating out AC04) while being just as challenging as the older titles.

The issue is that 3 set the bar way too high, of course it would let people more thirsty for Dante games, I like Nero but I can understand where most of the people is coming, 4 wasn't even focused on him but they forced him because they knew fans would have complains with only Nero, some people are still adjusting with his character, I think 5 does a decent job between both both as main leads and having enough development on their own though and more people are opening to Nero.

I don't think we are prepared enough for only Nero game, having at least 3 main playable choice is the right choice for now
I say we need a Sparda game first instead.

More like they heard all of the completely reasonable "why is Donte Dante and not Nero" comments and acted on it. Not even saying they're the same, just that Capcom wanted to push a more punk, foul protagonist and realized they already had one.

>boring arena
Because the ones in the base game are just so exciting right?
>timer
Do we even know if DMC5's BP will have a timer?

I agree, but I still don't see why they forced so many Big Boss games down our throagh, MGS3 and maybe Peace Walker were more than enough.

Datamining says yes, and 5 means heavy on 4.

Solid Snake stared in all the Metal Gear games. MGS started MC switching because Kojima wanted his daughteru to want to play MGS2. It only became worse and worse from there.
We got a cyborg ninja ripoff guy for 2 (as if the katana wasn't giving it away they literally made him a cyborg ninja at MG Rising), then a solid snake rip off guy at 3, and at V we get a big boss rip off guy.
I don't like Old Snake that much compared to the original but he's the most original design so far, not taken from Snake Plissken from escape from NY which solid is clearly based on.

The Snake from Smash, although uses Big Boss' face with Solid Snake's MGS2 body, voice and weaponry, is still one of the most beloved characters today. From what I remember it was given to Nintendo right before MGS3 dropped on retail. Nintendo is lucky that they got Snake before Kojima would butcher his own main character.

>moving goalposts

You done that when you tried to pretend Nero sold DMC4 and that it wasnt becasue it was the first game to be also released on Xbox and it only sold 0.3 million more because of that. DMC4 was trash.Gameplay in 4 was god awful, the graphics were ugly and the game was no where near finished, backtracking through every level twice is not fun.

I agree with you.
MGS should have ended at 3, or with PW/GZ/V being one last huge game.

They could have made a simple fun plot about agency, demons and pizza, but no...

Attached: KillerIsDeadAll.jpg (733x334, 120K)

Damn the timer completely ruined DMC4 BP

This was my problem with V. I know they tried to expand on Nero's moveset but I just don't give a shit about Nero both in mechanical gameplay and character (literally just Donte 0.5). It's sad too since the director has went public saying he doesn't like Dante since he wasn't his creation and will end the Dante/Vergil saga with V.

Attached: 1266799304945.jpg (304x231, 12K)

Yeah. I think ya boilin'

>Mod the game to play as Dante whenever you like
>Grim grip blocks your path

dante has more missithan nero or V assuming you pick him whenever you're given the option.

Press release says there's a timer
Nothing you can't fix with cheat engine but that's not for consolets

Grim Grips make me worry for Vergil's playable inclusion. I really do not want the embedded sword shit, but that's how they got around the grim grips in 4SE.

It's the Phoenix Wright problem. They want to force a new main character and "face of the franchise" but it simply doesn't work because what made the franchise special in the first place was the character, not the gameplay. They've tried shilling Apollo so fucking hard by literally making up new super special backstories literally every game yet the majority of the fanbase still don't give a fuck about him and just want to play as Phoenix.

Yeah that suck, hopefully someone find a way
Because outside of that it works surprisingly well. Really hoping they actually patch it officially.

Attached: 1538772320974.jpg (1920x1080, 507K)

Has anyone made an edit of those dmc Dante is/Dante isn't slides with Dante's new MJ dance yet?

Dante is
>fun whacky woohoo pizza man
Dante isn't
>Your prom date, you ugly sack of shit
DmC really isn't worth the effort to shitpost

Attached: 1539888080333.webm (960x540, 2.8M)

>that webm
That is the most Dante thing I have ever seen outside of a cutscene

I agree with you OP.
The thing is they could just give Nero and V's gameplay styles to dante as a weapon he could switch into.
There's no reason for these characters to be standalone.
What's the point of learning to play as V if you only have to for 4 missions? If it was instead a weapon for dante you could master it and profit in every mission.

>What's the point of learning to play as V if you only have to for 4 missions?
V is a DD2 experiment

Attached: 1529774830655.png (582x587, 611K)

Maybe they're doing it this way so when Dante's VA passes away they won't be left trying to get a new one? Not sure if that's that important but it seems like a Japanese type of thing to do.

Based and Redpilled

Nero is fun, more playstyles is cool. I dont think V worked out quite as well

Been tired of Reuben as the character since after 3.

>a decent game
DMC5 was decent though

This. Big Boss didn't need two sequel games. Had the conclusion to his downfall been done in one game, it would have been perfect. Spreading it out too far was a mistake.

Yeah no, you have shit taste and are here, on this site, too much. DMC5 is fine if not the best in the series.
XV is still trash though, barry.

what's wrong with embedded swords compared to just teleporting?

I think we needed at least an extra game to explain why he went full villain retard in MG. It's hard to believe the nerdy, dorky retard you play as in MGS3 becomes so autistic that he wages war on the world and raises child soldiers.

the bosses death being the middle point of the game would have been interesting

I mean two sequels to Snake Eater. Snake eater plus one game showing the fall from gray to black was all we needed.

I don't like the delay, and enemies could intercept the sword and put you somewhere you did not want to be.

If it was Dante by himself, they would inevitably be forced to casualize him. He would basically be a slightly more competent Donte. Now maybe some of you disgusting faggots want that but I don't. Let Dante be the advanced character, if we have to have Nero/etc to get that then so be it.

Attached: 20190312151739_1.jpg (1920x1080, 402K)

Yes you're agreeing with me. Kojima is a really bad writer we don't need 3 games telling the same story.

>If you don't like something do it yourself
Literal 5th grade logic

>Dante
>advanced
Nah. Nero's the advanced one, given all of the timing related shit you have to do with him, and his arms not being swappable mid-fight without blowing them up.

You can literally mash as Dante and as long as you hit the weapon change button during it, you'll be getting SSS's all day long. Shit, the motorcycle alone, just waiting for the flashes to time your presses, will instantly SSS a fight.

This is the reason why the "new main character" should work better for spin-off games, some series needs their respective recognizable face to work, as much I like Nero, I know a game about him would never warrant the same level of attention as Dante, for a lot of people the series and the name devil may cry is all about Dante and his adventures, Kojima was more intelligent by using Raiden in a spin-off game instead since he knew people only wanted Snake for each main entry.

Kojima didn't even want to make Snake Eater
did you pay attention to what Snake says at the end of 2?

bloody palace

Dante is "advanced" because of how ridiculously expansive his moveset, which he has full access to at any time (unlike Nero which even in the best case scenario cannot have all his devil breakers at once).

If we're talking about difficulty then obviously V is the most advanced because of DMD Geryon. That's clearly not what we're talking about here.

Cheer up crew cut.

Nero is the advanced one now.

Nero has:
Exceed, (pressed after every attack)
Charged Shot Lv3 (you have to hold a button down 90% of all engagements)
Knuckle (pressed after most attacks to stop momentum)
Devil Breakers (Add variety and another button you have to be using on top of every other and in some scenarios hold down.
Devil Breaker (An attack you have to use to counter certain attacks/use on staggered enemies)

Dante? Style switching, whoopedeefucking doo
At least he doesn't have to hold 3 buttons on a given time while still trying to jump cancel and attack w/ exceeding and knuckling

>inb4 j-just rebind your keys
>j-just use a modded controller
fuck you

The disingenuousness on display is truly something to behold.

Pressing more buttons to achieve a bit more damage doesn't make him advanced, just a lot of busywork.

Y...you just described dante.

>Y..you

faggot

You should at least rebind gun to L1, unless you enjoy doing the claw grip with your right hand.

Wrong. Dante requires specific inputs to swap around his moveset, where Nero always has access to his core moveset but has mechanics that reward well timed button presses on attacks. Nero's moveset is still more simple in the way that he still only has 1 sword and 1 gun, where Dante has to juggle 4 styles and a bunch of weapons.

You have to claw with dante anyways, well DMC4 dante you did

DMC5 dante? Eh not so much. Style is pretty generous this game. You can get away with staying in your prefered style ala DM3 style if you wish. CavR does so much damage in or out of swordmode that it doesn't matter what mode you're in. You'll sill get SSS

Nero has one weapon and gun because he's more complicated.
If he had all those mechanics on top of additional weapons he'd be impossible to play

All of Dante's weapons are so extremely similar with one another that mastering rebellion is enough to learn all the weapons.

>All of Dante's weapons are so extremely similar with one another

You fucking wot? Every weapon that isn't a sword reskin has entirely different functionality and gimmicks tied to them.

>faggot
>calling anyone else a faggot

Attached: 71E87E61-244B-40A2-9AB0-5BDDE894144F.jpg (604x661, 75K)

I mean, they did, kinda. MGS3 shows why Big Boss left America and formed his own private army, because he was tired of being a tool of the government. PW showed that he also rejected the Boss's ideals, and also mentions why he left the Patriots. The ending of PW has him outright become a warmonger, forming the ideals in which Outer Heaven was created for. It's pretty much a downhill slope from there, and it's easy to connect the dots. Ground Zeroes was the straw that broke the camel's back, the catalyst that led him on his crusade against the Patriots. It's subtle, but each game shows Big Boss becoming less ethical than the last.

Of course, I'm not gonna say that it was very graceful or well-written, but we do know why things happened the way they did. By TPP , Big Boss was pretty much in the black. Kojima probably wanted a more grey protagonist for TPP, someone who could be either heroic or villainous depending on how the player wanted to do things. Big Boss could no longer fulfill that role, since he was falling deeper and deeper into "villain" territory.

3 of Dante's weapons are identical in every way except the change to Sword Master.

KC is the same as DMC3 weapon but with a unique 3 SM attacks and 3 unique hold buttons attack

CavR is unga weapon where you just press triangle/Y whenthe bike glows

Balrog has a limited moveset due to it having both blow and kick mode.

but in general every weapon is one knock up attack, on combo extension attack, and one gap closer atttack

Nero is honestly a better character than Dante in this game.

Dante had 2 games, now 3.5 because of DMC2, DMC4 and DMC5.

Dante already finished his story
Embraced his demon side in order to protect humans from demons - DMC3
Avenged his brother and mother by weakening and banishing Mundus in DMC1

Dante is now a mentor in a series that's all about nature or nurture. He helped Trish, Lucia and Nero understand themselves better and make a better life for themselves. He's doing the same to Vergil now, after the help of nero

Nero's story ended in DMC5 too. He has a family now and got his D.T. through his sheer will for the want of protecting others.

DMC has nowhere to go from here except a "dante" kid arc or vergil's backstory filling the gaps from DMC1, DMC3, DMC4, and DMC5.

>DMC has nowhere to go from here
DmC2 it is then

Attached: 1551750272635.png (346x182, 145K)

>DMC6 attempts to do "DmC right" by showing how a young Dante got the idea to start a shop in the first place

Serious question, does a single person on earth actually like the timer, let alone prefer it to the multiple-portal system in 3?

Not even fucking close to that abomination that is FFXV ,keep trying

Attached: 1551952601004.png (190x360, 96K)

Literally does not matter. If you're not original user, fine, but his argument was "Dante sells the games," not "the games with Dante were better." 4 didn't start Dante, sold best of all the games, ergo Dante is not necessary to sell the games. Quality is irrelevant to the original argument.

DmC, wew that was easy.

Get used to it, Nero is going to be the main character in the next one.
and that's a good thing

>mfw I like Nero and would be 100% happy if he replaced Dante as long as his kit was expanded.

Attached: 0.00000 fear.jpg (305x748, 166K)

Doesn't Dante have about the same amount of playable missions as Nero?
The real character who got shafted was V. He only got around five missions.

Attached: 1552532081976.jpg (1245x705, 137K)

The real character that got shafted was the player for being forced to play V 4 times.

It would have been better had there not been a new DMC.