DMC5

I need some opinions here. Were they taking the piss with the entire game's plot and cutscenes? Remember the anti-smoking subtitle at the start of the game, or the STD for, or the battle being ended with pure willpower and family thoughts, Nero's DT staring with a "Fuck you"? It's just too much, they couldn't have been that genuine, right?

Attached: nero_DT.png (784x773, 917K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XcgOjSAWQLA
youtube.com/watch?v=xcR8YORZ2NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CM2ai72jTIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: fuck you.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

DmC was the last straw that broke Capcom's back. They fired Inafune, closed every outsourcing dev studio, and then pumped out RE7, MHW, RE2R, and DMC5

No shit they're taking the piss at DmC. they fucking hated it

Nero's "fuck you" didn't really bother me. He's been more volatile and hotheaded than Dante since his introduction. He's always growling and screaming, it doesn't seem that out of character for him to awaken his demon blood with a burst of anger.

pure kino

I'm actually sad this doesn't happen if you replay the mission after finishing the game

I dont get how or why ANYONE would find Nero's middle finger to be out of nowhere considering HE DOES IT IN FUCKING 4 AS WELL!
Nero has always been a rude punk who's only a good boy around Kyrie. He literally makes fun of people with speech impediments.
This as humble as Itsuno was during the marketing, the last 2 fights show his contempt towards DmC.
>vergil uses Doppelganger.
>Dante "think you can beat me with that? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS."
It's even funnier considering Itsuno and his team took every thing that people made fun of in DmC and made it actually amazing and funny.
>In the second mission when you first use the fruit to advance to the next area
>Nero:"heh i should have just HACKED my way in."
They took shots at DmC every once in a while and they were glorious.

Attached: 20190312131949_1.jpg (1920x1080, 308K)

This and the MJ gay cowboy dance are direct jabs at DmC. I don't understand how nobody got this

>the STD
the what

>Nero has always been a rude punk
This
>sees a soldier whose entire squad have just been massacred in front of his eyes
>cheer up, crew cut! You taking notes?
Imagine your dismembered friends lying around and dying in agony and than some smug faggot makes fun of you.

Attached: 1552593133736.png (286x312, 161K)

Nero being a "real" person in the whacky world of DMC is what makes me like him so much. I didn't have a problem with his swearing or the funny anti smoking ad. Hell smoking has oddly been apart of the franchise since DMC1.

Nico really grew on me over the course of the game. I was expecting some annoying cunt but she's just a goofy nerd.

Crew Cuts Revenge DLC when?

possibly the best moment in all of devil may cry

I just finished the game, where was that scene with Vergil and Dante sitting in the van that everyone posted screens of? Did I miss something?

Crew cut would be dead without Nero though

Just like her dad.

He'll show up in some shots on the mission start screen now

even if hes a punk, he is still a church boy thanks to kyrie

Why
How

Why not? You already beat the game

He's a teen lashing out at his crappy dad, that's usually how that stuff plays out.

>Was it taking the piss?
Uh...yes?
The whole point is the demons and threats are super duper serious, and none of the protagonists will take them seriously, to the point you don't "fight" them, you style on their asses.

How did we get to a point this needs to be explained?

This

It took colossal failure for Capcom to realize that all they had to do was make games fans wanted to play.

I'm really hoping Vergil keeps some semblance of V in his personality or can manifest his cane as a devil arm. I lived the banter between him and Dante in the ending, it was really heart-warming. Still, Vergil was still the cause of a huge catastrophic event and the deaths of many people, he should take responsibility.

I actually like that at DMC3 Dante's age Nero seems to be way more lever-headed, less sarcastic and more welcoming of other people.
Like, instead of just pointing out to the toilet like Dante he actually invites a complete fucking stranger to the dinner.

more like Nico

Exactly this. Nero moments were the best moments.

>"Fuck you!"
>Itsuno took the worst part of DmC and made it the best in DMC5
ABSOLUTE madman

Attached: 1552497448945.png (269x270, 152K)

The Qlipoth was always going to grow.
He just took advantage of it.

Anyone feel like the Urizen fights have a problem with visual clarity? I cant see fucking shit. Feels like bayo2

Apparently in the prequel novel you learn that he didn't cause the tree thing to appear, it happens every 1000 years, he just decided that he may as well take the fruit it makes. Seems like a pretty important detail to not mention in the game.

"Sorry Dante, I'm BAGGIN' THIS BITCH!!"

/cringe

Attached: dante.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

He needs his own DLC where he stops another cataclysmic event from happening. Possibly related to something in his past as a Mundus' pawn.

Literal kino

Attached: He sees your Devil Bringer.jpg (585x813, 231K)

Nero is fucking based. I don't get the hate for him aside from people who just want to play Dante 100% of the time, but how can you not love his hot blooded hero personality?

Attached: 1552551048759.jpg (631x658, 307K)

I had the same problem at first but after repeated tries against him in mission 17 i can perfectly see all his moves on subsequent playthroughs.

the whole series since 4 has been a bayo ripoff, user

kamiya still king and itsuno knows it, they even tried to give dante an ice skate weapon but couldn't get it right.. literally stealing from bayo

That IS SUPER IMPORTANT TO KNOW. I read all the notes and on my third play through, don't even remember this being mentioned.

It's also in the reports.

There's people who dislike Nero in 5? His gameplay style is fantastic and he is a wonderful character

>aside from people who just want to play Dante 100% of the time

That is a MASSIVE issue though, I fucking despise his character not because he's annoying but because Capcom is determined to try and force him as the main character, I never want to play as anyone except Dante, so irritating having to play this mini dante angsty dumbed down casual gameplay fag for half the game first.

That was amazing really.

>Nico's alternate color scheme.

Attached: 8t9zzl213wnx.png (1687x1070, 1.62M)

It's a good thing there's three games where you only play as Dante.

And they're not even good games

Based and kinopilled

Yes, quite a few. Mostly from people who just want to play Dante, but still, I see a lot of hate for his personality as well. I guess maybe they grow a dislike for his entire character just because they're forced to play as him.

Nero in 4 was just annoying and a discount Dante, with a boring moveset on top of it all, so most people are still hung up on that.
Nero in 5 is a lot better though, both in gameplay and as a character.
>aside from people who just want to play Dante 100% of the time
Well, that's a legitimate issue, they really should have given you the option to play with any character in any stage, though seeing how DMC4 was the same up to SE it's not a big surprise, there's still BP either way.

Cavaliere's AI is so drastically different and cool on DMD he took over Credo as my favourite humanoid non-Vergil boss.
That's fucking fantastic, the guy even faints charges just to punish you for trying to kalina ann his ass.

DMC3>DMC5>DMC1>DMC4>DMC2

That's because you're comparing a slightly older Nero who's a father to DMC3 Dante. DMC4 Nero was just as much of an asshole as DMC3 Dante.

DMC 5 is better than 3 in almost every single way from combat system to enemies and bosses. Stop with this retardation.

He's low IQ unga bunga gameplay. I can coast on autopilot with nero, just exceed, snatch exceed, streak, calibur, charge shot without regards on the enemies.

With Dante you have to plan things out. Room of 2 furies coming out? Better farm royal guard in the previous room so I can instakill the furies. Annoying room with Judeca and tons of berserker coming out? Better save up SDT for instant nuke. Spinning armor lizard or Angelo room coming up? Better bring Cavaliere.

Absolutely not, combat flow is way smoother in 3, Visual/art style is by far better, characters are better, story is great. Bosses in 5 are not even slightly memorable at all. Vergil is a goofy retard in this game with no motives and turns into a good guy at the end for no reason.

6/10 bait

>DMC 5 is better than 3 in almost every single way from combat system to enemies and bosses.
Game released in 2019 is better than game released in 2005 in any way except gameplay

Kys kys

Pushing Nero as the face of the franchise and threatening to have him take over as main character is garbage, no matter how fun he is.

>except gameplay
5's gameplay improves 3 so much it's not even funny. They literally belong to different dimensions now.

His squad survives, the end card image for clearing level 1 in NG+ is Crew Cut and his Squad circling around Nero and Nico and looking at them like they're fucking heroes.

>Visual/art style is by far better, characters are better, story is great
I think Gone Home or whatever flavour of the month walking simulator is popular right now may be a better game for you.

But they literally celebrate him saving their lives after beating that root thing.

Okay zoomer.

>combat flow is way smoother
What does this even mean?

I agree with him on those points, but not for gameplay. 3 had the best execution and concept, the themes were handled better imho. Wouldn't put DMC1 above DMC4, tho

Nothing. Flow of combat is a lot rougher in 3 than 4 and 5 by a huge margin.

>Flow of combat is a lot rougher

What is this? What do these things mean?

Nero is pretty obviously pissed off for all of 5's story
Next game he'll probably be less assblasted unless Kyrie gets kidnapped again

Bros,
I'm on SoS mission 19 Dante vs Vergil and I call out for SOS help. He's been kicking my ass for 40 minutes. I got him down to literally 1 combo away from death out of pure luck but I died anyway.
Do you have any tips for me?
Right now I just try to build up Royal Guard, Sin DT and DT to max after charging sin DT in the first phase and combo him whenever I get an opening, then when he goes DT for the first time I have no idea how to deal with him but manage to get him to fly around where I sin DT into "The Luce" to knock him out of it and deal big damage, but I'm thinking of Royal Releasing this instead and saving the Sin DT for his Doppelganger phase because I have no fucking idea at all what to do in Doppelganger phase, like what the fuck is up with that.

Attached: clink.webm (1920x1080, 2.35M)

Means he doesn't know what he is talking about, 3 has a lot of showstopper enemies for one.

Are you actually this dense?

They came back for pizza

The Doppelganger goes down to ranged attacks without too much trouble. I'd also say that in the latter phases of the fight Trickster is preferable to RG because getting hit is so very punishing. RG is fine for the first half though because it's easy style/DT gauge.

I’m okay with the MC changing personally as long as it keeps changing. To me the game actually suffered due to all the fan service which stemmed from Dante.
The fact Nero doesn’t have Dante’s gameplay means he’ll always be around unless a Dante spawn takes his moveset (which would be appropritate given DMC1’s ending). Dante and Nero being in earth and hell respectively is s good way to keep tehncharcters around but focus on one over the other.

It’s kinda annoying that all the gameplay styles are fun because it means the series can no longer easily ditch any of these characters. It’s like the fighting game problem.

A Royal Release is enough to knock him out of DT on Devil Hunter, but I haven't gotten there on SOS yet. Save Sin DT for when he sends out Doppel if anything.

Buzzword for nostalgiafags who are angry some people think 5 is better than 3.
It's all opinions anyway so I don't get why people get so worked up about it. Neither one is right or wronng.

>cowboy hat
>fuck you
>not in a million years
>anti smoking ad

You tell me

Attached: 1502333893794.jpg (1531x797, 524K)

>HE DOES IT IN FUCKING 4 AS WELL
This

Attached: 1551905730322.gif (280x158, 889K)

Wasn't Vergil still technically the king of the underworld? Why does his demon grunts attacking him as well?

I quite liked the split in 5 personally with Nero delving into the city and seeing the effects of the invasion whereas Dante does soul searching and then dives into the belly of the beast. Would love for them to keep a similar dynamic in future games, maybe Nero more focussed on getting civvies out before and Dante (and Vergil) focus on taking on the baddy armies head on, then all 2 (or 3) meet up against the big bad.

In english, I just hear Ichigo. I can't unhear it. Which fits, really, but I wish he had a voice of his own.

I love Nero in 5 and personally would not mind if he's going to become to take over completely and do a game by himself.
After 5 ends when you have the bringer knuckle and all the Devil Breakers there's so much more to Nero. He becomes much more complex and you can do far more technical combos after you achieve the bringer knuckle, and most of the people saying "Nero is just casual unga gameplay" makes me feel like not many people are even taking advantage and actually learning to use Bringer knuckle and make Bringer knuckle combos. Because the bringer knuckle is so simple and touches every single facet of his movelist, he has an entirely new layer of depth added to him. It's a shame that some people just see it as exceed 2 and continue with the "unga bunga" meme even when you explain what Bringer knuckle is for. It's like people don't even want to take advantage fully of his movelist.
Nero is complex now, but in a different way from Dante. Dante has all the styles and weapon switching, while Nero has to worry about charging up certain moves, all kinds of effects like knockback, knockup and bounces also has a much much bigger presence in Nero's combat compared to Dante which makes Nero a complex character, but in a different way from Dante.
The thing is Nero's skill floor is quite low, so I think a lot of people see him as a throwaway character without actually trying to incorporate all of his stuff.
Even if you go on twitter and see the absolute hardcore combo autists, the best of the very best, play Nero you can see that we're only really starting to scratch the surface with 5Nero.

Might makes right in Hell. It's a common theme in Japanese fiction. If they kill him, they get to be the new king.

Mundus is already back, read the novel

He hasn't asserted his dominance yet. Eating the fruit doesn't just automatically make you a king.

Why did V fuse back with Vergil?

Hows your progress coming anons

Attached: dmc5.jpg (1920x1136, 425K)

he just wilds out around the last quarter of his health, play lame and just wait out his sequences (usually after judgement cuts is a good time to go in for a stagger, if you cant stagger, just retreat and stay alive).

he does get pretty predictable so RG can work but he does a bajillion damage late in the fight so i generally just advise surviving.

Maybe you should rewatch the cutscene. He says why right before he does it.

Started DMD today, it's fun. How do you get S ranks in M19 SoS/DMD, do you just stick with RG?

V was a way to give Vergil character development in a way that made sense to where he last left off (dead, or on the brink of death depending on how you interpret DMC1.)

Shoot or DSD Round Trip the doppelganger
DSD Round Trip in general is great to catch him after he Judgement Cut/Helm Breaker and break his swords

Is there a way to change the controller shown in The Void from Xbox to PS4 controller on PC?

Attached: 72450712_p0.jpg (2479x3729, 689K)

Royalguard whats safe like helm splitter/jet dive/summoned swords/single judgement cut
Trickster what isnt safe
Swap weapons went beating the fuck out of vergil during his recovery time

They're the same demons who obeyed Urizen tho, and Urizen and the fruit's power still lives on through Vergil.
Even the Qlipoth's roots are trying to kill him, it doesn't make sense.

I can guard him fine until he does his first DT, then he seems to stop doing single JCs and swords and just shoots formations of each which I can't confidently parry. Also what's the timing on Helm Splitter/Jet dive parry?

Nero Demonio (Que te jodan) os the most powerful entity in the whole DMC franchise

Not gonna lie that juvenile shit made me chuckle

>Mundus is already back
He undid Dante's seal again?

Did you forget Goliath? Some demons want to be kings themselves. There's no loyalty.

V and Urizen are two different entities

I wanted to try to get into the series with 4, then asked around and was told to fuck off and not play that game anyore if I don't instantly S rank everything.
Is this game worth getting if I probably won't be able to do that here either?

I dont think they really obeyed urizen
The boundary between the 2 planes of existence were breaking down and demons were coming through on their own
And qlipoth is just a demon tree that seems to be a natural occurence just with a fruit that gives power ups, just its naturally been trapped in hell until recently since Mundus times
Theres also the fact Vergil now has 50% human blood in him so it might be detecting that to try and suck

I just beat SoS 19 without orbs a short while ago

>do you have any tips
When you get him vulnerable knock him into the air with balrog fist's stinger then DT and do real impact - the DT summon swords will hold Vergil in place for it.

RG fucking everything, even once he goes DT. The only time you should stop RGing is when he has a circle of swords around him - then you want to use E&I or Kalina Ann to break them first.

I destroyed the doppleganger with royal release and a few kalina ann rockets, it doesn't have much health even on SoS and once it's down you're free to get a full RG just release on Vergil and melt his remaining health.

Currently, yes. He's still rivaled by SDT Dante and Vergil though.

Actually got me hyped even more when this happened

Attached: v.jpg (1024x1004, 87K)

Just beat DH last night, got mostly S and A
Gonna clear the stages with alternate character choices again then practice Nero's new shit to get some more S ranks before I move on to SoS

Perhaps they obeyed Urizen because he was pure demon and now that hes half-n-half he's lost the right to the crown.

The sad violin music beforehand is what really just ties this entire scene together.

Yeah after his DT I stop guarding the swords and judgement
Also meant to mention you can easily block all the rapid slashes aswell
Timing is pretty lax, especially if you do the age old trick of jumping into a guard for the free I-frames from jump
helm splitter you wait about half a second then jump block
jet dive you have to wait till hes pretty close
You can also royalguard judgement cut end pretty consistently if you jump guard on reaction to his "dash" animation he does right as he finishes charging it

This is the most polished, most easily accessible DMC to date. The existence of the void is a huge QoL increase compared to previous games, there's a nice recap of what happened in the last 4 games if you didn't play them, and the game in general is much more forgiving for casual players on the base difficulties.

You don't have to S rank everything from the word go, that's crazy. However, if you don't CARE about S ranking and don't want to learn how to really fuck things up and style on them then you won't get much more than a single shallow playthrough out of the game.

There’s probably a mod for it on nexus mods like with RE2

>when that Shadow combat theme remix kicked in at Mission 18

Attached: 1552489546265.jpg (480x643, 26K)

Speaking of which someone please post that edit of spic powerlevels in DMC5

DMD V missions are fucking me up
I got my fucking shit pushed in in the second V fight by the fucking bondage enemy, that motherfucker does 60% of your health in one hit and instantly kills your summons

Can you stagger/parry enemies with the pistol shots?

>D on hell and hell
Fucking how? No damage no continues gives you a x2.2 bonus

you do realize how unga you sound right? you're just 1shoting every enemy with the same disreagard that you said nero has.
>just exceed and charge shot
yeah hmu with your webms of hitting ever max act and the new exceed mechanic he got from his devil bringer

Crimson Cloud > Subhuman > generic battle music > absolute silence > Pull My Devil Trigger

>Play through DMC 5 as a survival horror game

>Nero who's a father

Attached: 1544653182993.jpg (778x813, 362K)

Literally just go to the main menu nigger

>Griffon boss theme kicks in
>"FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN, BOY!"

Attached: 1528671533966.png (240x262, 91K)

>Stagger
Charged shots yes, normal shots usually no
>Parry
No

just play hunk and ghost survivor

Attached: 1552290301205.png (1280x3414, 1.71M)

Guarding JCE sounds pretty kino, might try that later.

Mechanically speaking this game is great for getting into the series, it's the first one with an actual training room and Nero's starting breakers help you over a lot of the early difficult parts.

I'm all about learning the systems and I love shit like Killer is Dead and MGR which is why this series was suggested to me.
But I might look into getting it then, thanks user.

>more forgiving for casual players on the base difficulties
DH felt really easy compared to previous games not that they were difficult but how basic enemies wont even jump into the air to attack you except for the edgy teleport lizards(which you only see like 1-2 on DH)
SoS felt more in line with Very Hard from DMC3 compared to SoS from 4 though

But was it rape in the end?
I regret everything, but I promised to deliver.

Attached: what form of power is this.jpg (1080x800, 244K)

>wanting Dante to be done to death
Let him end on a high note. No reason to use a character until he's hated.

Don't use Sin DT against Vergil. He will fuck you up

>peso muerto
>Dante imaginando

Attached: 1552443454956.png (191x258, 84K)

Super costume because I fucking hate playing V and having his summons get 1 shot because of H&H is fucking aids
I got to nidhogg 4 times without the costume but kept getting caught by the tentacle vomit or something

Based

SoS felt like a previous game's DH for the first half then ramped up in difficulty later on. Mission 19 on SoS is pretty fucking tough and I'm not looking forward to that fight on DMD

Attached: 1552531787848.png (760x686, 433K)

>why
Why not? Did you not beat the game? Did you not see the ending?
>How
Go to the mission menu screen, not the title screen (Where it has V, Nero and Dante and the announcer, if you dont have the DLC pack, says Devil May Cry!) and you'll see Dante sitting across from Vergil reading a magazine and Vergil is sitting forward, smirking and grinning.

Demons only submit to power and Vergil has that power even stronger than Urizen.

>not posting updated version

Attached: 1552286110777.png (1280x3414, 1.8M)

This is generally true, but you can get away with hitting sin DT and doing 2 Luce's right after he loses DT.

There is a lot of stuff you can sink your teeth into.

Not as bad as Nero
Dante v Vergil he will combo you for 2/3 of your hp bar if you dont trickster out after the first hit off of so much shit

>Why not? Did you not beat the game? Did you not see the ending?
I thought they were stuck in the demon world for a long time

I'm on mission 19 on SoS and it's legit harder for me than Vergil 3 was on Very Hard in DMC3.
Shit is hard as fuck.

Having to micromanage your summons via double jumping and dashing is absolutely CUHRAYZEE but I really wish he had another mechanic for dealing damage.

I like Crimson Cloud song but what the fuck, who told them to write lyrics literally describing Mundus but then the games makes V out to be Vergil's humanity?

There are a bunch of jobs against DmC. Yesterday I got Dante's "Think you can beat me? Not in a million years".

So what are the actual differences between cavaliere and cavaliere r?
No super armor but faster attacks plus that air stinger?

>Tear myself in two

>Not as bad as Nero
I found the Nero fight on SoS to be an absolute cakewalk

As long as Yamato is around, they will always have a way to come back. This is literally the key to both worlds.

>literally describing Mundus
>when it literally describes the plot of dmc5 and vergil

>split myself in two
???

They just came back offscreen

The Nero redesign is the best part of 5. Not only was he boring to play in 4 but his aesthetic was lame and indestinct.

Nero is probably Urizen post-fruit tier in mission 20 and beyond.
Dante is confirmed stronger than Urizen-post fruit tier and got him down with no injuries and just being tired. Then he and Vergil fought, but Nero only BTFO'd them after they had fought a ton and were probably tired, of course they still have sin DT and are enormously strong, but I don't think they were like Urizen pre-fruit tier at that point.

So since people want V back, would anyone be opposed to having this guys decensant in a new game with V style gameplay, but improved? He was the original familiar user afterall.

youtube.com/watch?v=XcgOjSAWQLA

youtube.com/watch?v=xcR8YORZ2NQ

Attached: 06FA2CB1-2298-4E2A-BC87-4EE26E871BB0.png (360x450, 187K)

How do those lyrics describe Mundus? When has Mundus ever fought for his life?

Wew lad. Those holy thighs are just right.

I want to get better at Nero. But I had a harder time with Vergil with him than I did with Dante once I got the timing down on the latter.

I hate how the level design goes to complete shit. This is a game made for replaying but boring hallways turn me off.

Nice

Attached: 1552112834962.gif (480x270, 3.5M)

Yeah theres not much different on DMD except your window for attacking him seems much more tight after his attacks for the last 60% of his hp bar
First 1/3 is practically free and his overall health is alot smaller than the Dante fight
Not to mention you can buster him right the fuck out of his jet dive

>BROTHERS IN THE DARK
>SPLIT MYSELF IN TWO

This. Not to mention there's nothing to even unlock, so there's no reason to even go through the tougher difficulties.

>there's no reason to even go through the tougher difficulties.
Found the bitch

I liked his Prototype outfit but I do admit that his 5 look really grew on me.

Hey Dante, can I borrow your jacket?

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-171600.jpg (539x579, 164K)

Yeah it heavily discouraged me from exploring the later maps.
I did so for all the earlier missions since they were designed well.

>there's no reason to even go through the tougher difficulties.
There are many, many reasons doing so. But poor level design hampers those many incentives.

>implying vergil would impregnate anyone without child-bearing hips and top-tier thighs
(Grand)Children of Sparda should have the best genes. Why do you think DTs have the best asses

Attached: 1552123467523.png (500x421, 214K)

>missing final Purple Orb
fml

I'm perfectly fine with it honestly. Fuck everything going on in 4. Poison, platforming, beyblades, and lasers were all fucking obnoxious and killed the pacing for me.

That, and I think the few extra pathways in 5 work well enough for me.

He's so god damn handsome it's hard to not like it. I think people just saw the short hair and thought it looked too much like Donte.

ok shill
but the game is still kinda mediocre, cope.

Except there are things to unlock (bubblegum taunt for Nero, equipment unlock for Dante, super costumes, EX taunts)

Also the reason to go through on tougher difficulties is to face tougher fights you born bitch

is there any trick to grabbing him out of his flying move? i never get it when i try

Wasn't he dying without him?

Time to git gud with Nero. How should I remap my buttons?

This scene made me laugh more than it should. Fucking Nero going for the peaches can.

I don't mind it. Infinitely prefered over some of the garbage 3 and 4 do.

>he beat DMD

Attached: dumb-guys-who-missed-obvious-hints-1.jpg (2297x1521, 1.3M)

Wrong.
V and Vergil EX colors are the most important. Not to mention Super Costumes
And that's just what we know of.

I hope April 1st brings Vergil DLC since they want to be jews.

What's the bubblegum taunt

Whoever said that was shitposting or you said something to trigger them. Just go through the first playthrough casually, it's pretty much a tutorial because you can't even unlock all the abilities in that time. You can strive for S ranks on your 2nd or 3rd playthroughs.

Never played the old games. Who's her dad

What's a good way to deal with his timestop attack for Nero? I always Devil Triggered out of it on Nero, whereas on Date I'd just trickster dash away.

I beat the game on DMD and only got the Super costumes. Got the V alt colour on DH. How the fuck do you get Vergil's??

put the gun on one of the triggers like arm destroy or DT so its easier to hold in while pressing multiple buttons at the same time

>taunts and a costume you get bashed for even using
Not worth it.

Attached: jake no.gif (300x167, 398K)

you have to do it a bit early

Agnus I think.

This goofy ass motherfucker

Attached: 455B57EA-8984-4D25-85FA-751C940AACEA.jpg (484x888, 34K)

A healing taunt that you can do once per mission by beating the credits.

Attached: 20190311154717_1.jpg (1920x1080, 357K)

R1+L3+touchpad
Nero eats bubblegum and heals a couple of health bars. Useable once per level.

Beating it on Heaven or Hell unlock.
What's the trigger for V ex color?

I think beating one of the pos credit fights. I won with nero but failed with dante.

She stutters so take a guess

>a bloo bloo bloo I want my dick sucked and my balls fondled as a reward for playing more of the videogame I supposedly enjoy
If you don't want to style under pressure then go the fuck home, no one's forcing you to play DMC

Attached: akanewalkinggarbage.jpg (853x480, 76K)

Got it after replaying the final fights and beating the credits on DH so it's either beating credits or finishing m19 and 20 without continues.

>if youre close and wont escape
unleash a DT charged shot level 3 and go ham, the DT armor will keep you from taking a stupid amount of damage
>mid range
triple jump should be enough, I bring a bunch of gerberas to the fight since it helps out on the normal judgement cut spam if you get caught out in a weird spot
>far out
get some exceed stored and run in going apeshit on him for EZ damage after the cut while hes sheathing

>"Never played the old games"
>Replies with "she stutters so take a guess"
user.

I don't know I never played the old games.

>the ability to use 8 weapons and 8 guns as Dante
>the ability to use sets that don't include E&I or Rebellion/Sparda/DSD
>not worth it
go home casual

The one and only.

Attached: A being of grand delusion as (You).jpg (499x688, 353K)

>I supposedly enjoy
Except I stopped enjoying it when V turned out to just be Vergil. After that, the story was completely predictable. Coupled with the trash level design I realized I wouldn't play the game a full second time.

No way Lady. Get your own.

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-232327.jpg (529x461, 103K)

this is such a great scene

Playing video games isn't a fucking job

Did Vergil compliment you at the end credits when fighting in The Underworld?

Attached: 1550080911368.png (960x642, 719K)

>making DMC4 Dante twice as bad
>implying the ability to use sets that don't include E&I or sword shouldn't have been unlocked after your first playthrough

>I stopped enjoying DMC5 because of *insert story thing here*
If you aren't playing DMC for the gameplay you should just stop posting right now

Attached: whatthefuckareyoudoing.jpg (700x648, 251K)

After going through 16 missions of SoS without much problem I thought I had to wait till DMD for hard to kick in

But Urizen is fucking kicking my ass

And it's so fun

Any advice? Trickster is god-like. Also I can hit a lot of perfect blocks, but very rarely royal release.

Attached: 1418672986594.jpg (396x340, 26K)

At first it sounded so then Dante said something that made it seem like I lost. It was weird.

+1

Except 5's gameplay isn't all that special. V is clumsy as fuck, and Dante's missions are fucking boring.

I just want DMC6 with Dante/Vergil/Nero campaigns. Vergil also having based chickee and shadow as weapons. Please daddy Itsuno.

stay in the air, pretty much 90% of his moves whiff if you're above his shoulders

I got an S on SoS by just playing floor is lava with/on him. The melee attacks near the end when he charges them up blue got a pretty huge hitbox, be really careful about those.

I'm just happy there are finally more good DMC games than bad ones

Well I want yours too.

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-172910.jpg (1080x908, 295K)

I’m having the most trouble getting SSS with Nero. I started to realize the knuckle’s potential to keep my combos going but I’m still just mashing for exceed timings and hoping I get one or two mid combo. I’m also too stingy with my breakers so I hardly use the break age skills which seem to offer large style points when done right.

Dante and V I can combo with fine since I’m not so focused on timings like with Nero’s Exceed and Knuckle skills. Dante has enough tools and variety that I can usually get SS or SSS with just Sword master combos and weapon switching. With V, injecting DT into his summons seems to do the trick while he reads to keep the meter going.

>Urizen 17 on SoS
Learn how to perfect guard and perfect release everything he does in phase 1 - build up sin DT and keep your health full while getting in your damage

Do Kalina Ann's GS attack when he's animating the phase switches

In phase 2 swap to Trickster and just avoid shit as best you can, air or ground tricking in for some quick damage when you can.

When he hits phase 3 he's going to use two lasers and that takes a while, so go sin DT in the air and do 2 Luce's on him. That should finish the fight.

Depends on how they handle the new character, but sure

yeah except his retarded flying swords which rainstorm never hits

Agnus who was the scientist responsible for creating demons dressed as Holy Knights of The Order. He also was able to transform themselves into demons that appeared as "angels" (Angels don't exist in DMC who then created "The Order" in which slayed real demons to appear as God/a savior to real humans.

Also, he was the son of a legendary gunsmith that made Dante's weapons as referenced in the game.

What's the difference in mission 19 and 20 between SoS and DMD?
Does Vergil get new moves? Because if he doesn't then I don't think I'll be doing DMD.

Attached: HoF2 2019-03-14_02-25-43.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

>I don't like DMC5's gameplay
Then you don't like DMC at all and no one should care or be surprised that you don't want to play through a second time.

Sorry the game's not for you, maybe God of War is more your speed.

So something I didn't get was when Nero said "Nice, putting the band back together!" when he sees Proto Angelo and the knights. Is he mistaking them for members of the Order or did I miss something?
V reaction to them is so fucking good too

Attached: 1550322833957.jpg (827x464, 103K)

And Mega Man 11

>Also, he was the son of a legendary gunsmith that made Dante's weapons as referenced in the game.
He wasn't, he's her in law
Actually Neil and Nico aren't even blood related, her mom is Neil's stepdaughter

To think, Agnus used to work for Arius, and left him. Even he couldn’t stand Arius’s bullshit

none

Do I need to play M6 as V to see his reaction to them?

>Then you don't like DMC at all
Except I like DMC1 and DMC3. I'm sorry not everyone thinks 5 was the second coming of Christ.

>Angels don't exist in DMC
Nah, they do. The setting is based on Judeo-Christian mythology, so a lot of demons are fallen angels.

I've read that if you beat all of the demons and especially the dual bladed demons that get pissed when they get knocked down result in the unlock?

I believe you have to beat more demons than Vergil does to unlock it. I beat it on DMD mode and didn't unlock it. Also on Demon Hunter mode I got an S on mission 20. No unlock.

>I’m still just mashing for exceed timings and hoping I get one or two mid combo
This is what's killing you. Learn to exceed moves and exceed simple combos in void mode, and then learn that you don't need to exceed every attack. For some combos you might want High Roller to not take you up so high for Bounce property from DT'd busters or downward Overture purposes.
Worry about incorporating breakages and all that later.

Imagine the comedy with those two in the same room

Attached: KEENG.jpg (972x715, 328K)

>Nico asks Nero if he is not upset that Dante killed his dad before

Dante literally killed your dad too, Nico.

Attached: image.jpg (210x101, 13K)

this

No, it's during the cinematic, you can see him trying to hide his face since Vergil is ashamed of getting memed on when he went to Hell at the end of DMC3

>would anyone be opposed
Yes, Itsuno who just wants everyone to forget about this management nightmare

I'm pretty sure it was because they were all on a stage.

>So something I didn't get was when Nero said "Nice, putting the band back together!" when he sees Proto Angelo and the knights. Is he mistaking them for members of the Order or did I miss something?
It's just Nero making a joke, "getting the band back together" because they all kind of look the same and are grouped up with a frontman (proto angelo).

Her name was Nell, not Neil.

No they're both there

In the cutscene where Nero's arm gets taken, he mentions that he's got a couple of "loud talkers" upstairs. That's his kids.

Are you for fucking real. You can't be real my dude. At least tell me that he stays in DT for the entire second phase. Anything.

Attached: 5032d96e1aa394f1944c133c02b1a0c5.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

>casually fighting vergil
>accidentally gets stabbed
>press devil tigger button out of desperation
>music changes
This fight is pure apex kino.

Attached: 1522433396399.jpg (500x500, 60K)

mission 8 is the worst mission in the game

Nah, he just saw a group of dorky looking motherfuckers standing around on stage and made a joke of it.

Ofcourse Yea Forums loves nico now. I knew you retards would see the light .. how dare you doubt based itsuno

Yeah, she's calling back to when Nero asks her the same thing at the start of the game.

Just replay on DH and beat the credits then I suppose?

Wasn't that Nero

>I like DMC for its story
>that's why I like 1 and 3
cool story bro

Attached: kenshiro.png (75x95, 16K)

Which one is that? All of them look the same.

the fact that he shares voices with Lelouch makes this game even more hilarious
>Fight me like a king Lelouch
>FUCK YOU

Doesn't Kyrie run an orphanage? I thought that is what he meant..

He's talking about Nico and someone else

why would he say "suddenly I find out I have a family" to kyrie over the phone if they have kids together beforehand

Isn't he just referring to Nico and Kyrie?

It's Kyrie and Nico...

He's talking about Nico and Kyrie you fucking retards.

Nico EX color is dope.
Lady's EX color is okay except for the horrbile red lipstick and makeup. Uck..

that's not how it works, if you lose to him he mocks you, if you win dante is the one that shit talks him

No, you see him facepalm and basically "WHAT EVIL LURKS, I MUST DESTROY"

i am having fun playing it on my phone

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-220623.png (1280x720, 928K)

If you like 3 then I don't know why you think Dante's missions are "fucking boring" compared to the garbage between Vergil 2 and Vergil 3.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose

But that's wrong. Angels and paradise don't exist in DMC, just hell and demons and humans.

Damn, sorry dude. Didn't mean to bust your chops about it.

So Nico is wet for Nero right? She goes all "oh God" after that flirt joke.

We’d have a scene that would destroy both the Faust scene & DMC4s Shakespeare tier scene, easily. They’d each try to out ham each other

>even Vergil realizes Dante is the only one who can beat him (means Urizen)
That is kinda kawaii

Attached: 1552283716374.jpg (967x900, 421K)

He's looking like Patrick Wilson in this gif

Attached: 23-patrick-wilson.w330.h330.jpg (330x330, 30K)

Vergil goes into sin DT and Doppleganger much earlier

Mashing royal guard for every tick of his big glass-crack knockback thing will overcap your dt gauge, and if you do that while holding LB to charge up SDT, you can basically get a full SDT each time he uses it. I ended up getting to SDT three times over the course of the fight using this strategy.

I hope we get another Summoner type character in the future, I'm amazed at how well V's gameplay worked out for a first attempt at that kind of thing in these games. Unless you count Chaos Legion.

I didnt beat SoS, went straight to DMD so I cant really compare both, but he activated DT 4-5 times during the fight I think. Oh and the AoE judgement cut is a lot faster compared to DH. He also can pretty much one shot you after he DT's (the DMD buff, not his DT)

Yeah

How do demons like Goliath know V?

Some of them even say "You.." before V says some William Blake shit.

she goes oh god because she almost killed herself by driving off that cliff/slope and she is trying to act like its not a big deal

What? No, she was scared shitless after driving the way she did.

Oh hey V that's a nice bird you got there. You know I'm something of an expert on bird law.

They must know he's Vergil somehow

Where's your evidence?

>pissed off as fuck when Dante fails

Attached: 1552366398469.png (720x1280, 530K)

>Lady in Dante's jacket

Attached: 1534696068434.gif (316x193, 115K)

The sad part is that this applies to almost all the games except for 1.
>2's a slog to get through from start to finish
>3 starts out great but gets a few boring backtrack stages, and also has horrible wall enemies that are a pain to deal with even after you master a style and learn to counter them.
>4 is just a fucking disaster from a level design perspective, between the forest maze, dice games, and having to traverse massive zones with no enemy encounters that are huge for absolutely no reason other than to make you run through something
>5 is great in fits and starts, but devolves into boring hallway segments near the end. Finding secret missions is a dumpster fire thanks to segments where you have to break terrain as V, which requires DT gauge, yet has points of no return so you can't fill up your gauge and come back.

Pretty solid idea, but DMC2 is best left forgotten. Did any character of that game get at least a reference in 5?

Because not only are some rooms from before changed due to the tower's activation, but there are also new rooms, along with new enemies types / bosses along the way. Also everything in Hell was kino. In 5, you have nothing but DOOM rooms.

That "oh god" part was because her van nearly slammed Nero off the cliff.

Eh, by the end Devil Hunter felt about as difficult as normal. The curve is just a lot more gradual.

Vergil probably made some friends in hell so every fucktard down there can sense his presence.

They can sense Sparda's blood

Vs. Sparda

Bad writing.

>Remember the anti-smoking subtitle at the start of the game

Reference of Kamiya's take on Dante and his dislike of smoking. Hell, Nero and V's dislike of smoking were just the devs paying homage to the guy who started it all.

>This as humble as Itsuno was during the marketing, the last 2 fights show his contempt towards DmC.

Itsuno fucking loved DmC and you can see its influence on 5. From the slow-mo camera finisher which is hit or miss, to the Limbo ass vibes in the original city levels to that fucking shitty style announcer fag, which can be changed if you buy the deluxe edition.

No but you can stop some projectiles like Summoned Swords

Wait what. Angels and heaven doesn't exist in DMC?

what happened?

No, he's talking about orphans Julio and Carlo.They were in the house with Kyrie and Nico when Nero got his arm ripped off.

>the black guy calling lady and trish "crazy bitches"
lmao

>BROTHERS IN THE DARK, FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE
Literally Mundus pitting Vergil against Dante.
>DEVILS IN THE DARK, FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE
Literally Mundus sadistically torturing and killing his own minions.

just did him on DMD
royal guarded most of the fight
a royal release even with no charge will knock him out of his flying
don't bother with judgement cut end if you don't know the timing, you can double jump and sky star away from it
the summoned sword barrage is a free full DT bar if you perfect block it
i used balrog kick mode's killer bee to kill the doppelganger, usually after vergil's DT ends
judgement cut timings are fast if he is on the ground, slow if he is in the air, all a bit faster if he is in DT
near the end he will start blocking your attacks when you try to combo him, not sure which attacks can break his block but i use DT stinger to break his block, using weak attacks will get him to counter attack instead
always keep at least 3 DT bars in case you get stunned, a judgement cut one shot me when i got stunned from just 1 summoned sword in DMD

Why can't Itsuno get this right just once?

>boss rush room was kino
You had to fight at least one gimmick/shit boss to get out of there. If you like 3 so much why’d you come here to bitch and moan?

based

Attached: 1530405143896.png (250x250, 36K)

I immediately thought of the shitstorm this would generate on social media

sad af

>Itsuno fucking loved DmC
I don't think he loved it, he just took parts he liked.

Hated Nico when the first trailer hit. NeroxNico banter was the best dialogue in the whole game, fucking love her now.

The fact that she's Agnus daughter kinda explains why she's so likeable. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, there's a lot of personality overlap.

How angels don't exist since Dante and Vergil are half angels!!!

Lost it here.
"BOTH, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE" was just as good.

Balrog came from a job with Lucia, and Balrog basically became gauntlets because he wanted to train with Dante to fight him again later. He also doesn't shut up despite being told to do so, so hes got guts

Anyway, if anything ever happens to DMC2. It should be a DMC2 remake that actually makes the plot compatible with the rest of the series, not shit and the gameplay on par with 5s.
Most of the effort is also cut out for them beyond fixing some things and creating new resources for the RE engine, so I can't imagine it would take as long as 5 did.

>why are you in a DMC thread if you like DMC

It's mentioned that Dante's made it out of hell before but that's literally it
DMC2's plot didn't have much impact on the overall story anyways

What the fuck was up with that maze of spikes near the end of the game? Or the fucking Crash Bandicoot platforms as Dante?

Got a site?

also forgot
you can tell which yamato combo he is doing on the ground by looking at whether yamato is glowing or not
if it's glowing he will do his regular 3 hit combo
the regular 3 hit combo always sends a summoned sword at the end during the 2nd part of the fight, full barrage if in DT

youtube.com/watch?v=CM2ai72jTIQ
On why he was worried if westerners would accept the setting:

"It's a setting where there's a demon world and a human world, so in particular for those of a christian faith It's easy to understand having angels and demons in one world. But having only a demon and human world is a bit...difficult"

Attached: heresy.jpg (482x641, 97K)

Dante is too powerfull for main character because of that there is impossible to create tension in story.

Wasn't there an interview where he mentioned how the development was a clusterfuck? He had to step in an attempt to salvage what little he could. Sounds more like he's trying to be nice by not completely shitting all over it.

Writing team 100% had daddy issues. Shit is too real.

Attached: 1552373216170.png (851x768, 771K)

I wonder if Itsuno made Morrison black just so he could find a way to call them crazy bitches without sounding like too much of an asshole.

DMC3 Manga states that the world began in darkness and eventually a ray of light came into existence splitting the two worlds into light(human world) and dark(demon world)

I love the way she taunts you if you stay near her van at the start of a mission or before some boss fights.

Capcom basically dragged him and his team away from Dragon's Dogma so they could hold Ninja Theory's hand. I imagine that anything nice he did for the game was just professional courtesy.

He made Morrison black so you could have a sassy blad guy as a style announcer.

Objectively best announcer.

She gets mentioned in the novel, and gets a reference in Dante’s shop in 5. It’s the same knife & map from 2

Attached: 030E399A-3149-41A1-9388-6A37BC24D4CC.png (821x507, 592K)

I usually don't like Johnny Yong Bosch, but for some reason he really knocks it out of the park for me as Nero. He's perfect as the snotty punk with a heart of gold.

>When you time a buster just right so they do this whole dialogue after Nero impales Vergil and they're just staggered over for a bit.

All of those are only good for a first playthrough impression. On further replays it's platforming hell, shitty gimmicks, mandatory Fallen fights and much more Enigma and Bloodgoyles.
Bosses in general range from decent (Lady and chessboard) to gimmicky (Doppel) and absolute shit (Arkham).

I keep seeing that the "not in a million years" quote is in dmc5, but I can't find it. Where is it? Also, does Dante say "flock off?"

You should have made Vergil wear his usual sleeveless vest, it's sexier.

Attached: 1551900315724.png (670x779, 742K)

>DMC5 canonized the anime so hard, it even displayed its most famous meme without hesitating

I kinda respect the team to go out of its way to converge and mix every single piece of DMC media into 1 game.

During the vergil fight he says "think you can beat me? not in a million years"

During the fight vs Vergil
Its mid battle banter not a cutscene

He was pretty good in Code Geass aswell.

I'm too lazy to find it but he talked about how they essentially had to explain the basics of action games to these devs because things as simple as their swing animations were just completely wrong and weightless and impotent.

The best Sparda could do was seal him.
It's literally Vergil. It's not the perspective of someone telling others what to do, it's the perspective of Vergil.

Based. Angels are massive cocksucking faggots.

Did Vergil get sin DT because he ate the fruit or because he fused back with V?

Attached: 1501436859063.jpg (209x273, 17K)

You had DMC2's map in Dante's office and you have Lava Bats and Baphomets in the game's demon roster.

I was frankly disappointed Lucia didn't make the slightest cameo in the story. Fucking Patty had a sassy phone call with her original VA.

You don’t like 5 clearly, in the dmc5 thread. Mental gymnastic your way around that one jackass

Thanks bros. Yeah I figured 2 would only get mentioned in the novel. Itsuno seems to want to stay away from that game as much as possible. I’d personally like to see a DMC2 remake or at least DMC6 take place in the same area 2 took place, but completely redone

And it was all better than 5.

Yeah, Exceeding moves is my Unga Bunga approach as Nero since I was mostly doing it for damage and not for how moves change like his launcher going higher. I don’t play fighting games but from what I remember, mastering those timings on exceed and knuckle while considering all the moves I can do or what I should do next feels like learning a fighting game character. At my skill level I enjoy the simplicity of Dante with just needing to mix up my weapons and having two combo branches from SM style alone before incorporating Trickster movement, RG just blocks and releases, and gunslinger options.

the sin devil trigger move is named after her i think
the luce is basically lucias devil trigger

Sorry gave it to trish already

Attached: 20190310204212_1.jpg (2560x1440, 429K)

"YOU WILL....ACCEPT.... MY EXISTENCE"

Attached: 1552448771709.jpg (600x348, 35K)

>says something you dont like about your favorite character's gameplay, be honest we are all anons anyway
i dont like KCerberus weapons feels like it has no range not feedback when hitting enemies. i wish it was just the pole, it legit fell better in 3 for some reason

Attached: 1497717172141.jpg (986x553, 347K)

Honestly best part of the game. I wish it happened with every activation.

Both, also Vergil got all the demon blood power that V killed

I pirated the game but now I bought it, can I copy my pirated files so I don't have to download everything again?

Do you remember that initial DmC reveal trailer? Holy fucking shit that was the most limp-dicked thing I've ever seen.

>was this game being silly when silly things happened

FOR THE LAST TIME YES!

I played it, and I'm here to discuss it. Fuck off to reddit, crybaby.

I think its just a narrative thing. The DMC story focuses around Demons and Hell for simplicity sake they just keep it there. Its never been confirmed nor denied if heaven exists in the DMC universe as far as I know. As well if DMC is full on Judeo-Christian then it makes sort of makes sense that Heaven is non-existent since it's kind of apathetic to the human plight (God is still salty about the Garden of Eden). Most humans will never encounter an angel except those few who have been chosen to be God's stooges. On the other hand the legions of hell are a perennial threat.

It's cold, fujo.

They kept adding shit like swords and saws to enemies arms and legs and shit but didnt have them actually use them, they just went "this looks cool"

He also had some constructive criticism for their art design. One enemy had blades all over it, and Itsuno had to ask them "do these blades serve a purpose in combat? If not, you should trim them because players will look at these as visual cues for attacks. Don't distract them with needless details.

A lot of it can be chalked up to worse directors having him do shitty performances. There's only so much an actor can do against a director that wants them to do something a certain way. Even dmc's
anime dub is really iffy because of the poor/rushed directing.

>westerners
kek only protestants would sperg at this shit

>When you Buster Vergil and Doppelganger at the same time for the finishing blow

Attached: DiBJDo9VQAAjqZj.jpg (750x211, 12K)

V's gameplay is essentially "Press DT to be invincible AND get SSS"
All you have to do is keep shadow alive and sidestep anything that has the balls to step to you.
Not really that V's my absolute favorite, I really like his gameplay but it could have been so much more.

Did that too. Felt so fucking good. Only way a fight could end better is if you Buster him out of jet plane mode.

I’m honestly shocked she didn’t get a mention in the game considering the novel talked about her pretty well.

fucking this, as someone who has the worst relationship with my father, this game gets to fucking personal at times

Attached: 1514174465647.jpg (748x1024, 148K)

Something tells me you all have a ton of "if only I was paying attention" memories

Can we all agree than DMC5 overall is better than sex?

Attached: 1552313481043.jpg (592x555, 60K)

The mistake I see people make with exceed is thinking they need to ACT on every swing. You really don't. It's much more effective to deliberately ACT at points in the combo where you can diverge into multiple actions

Outside of air taunts since those are free exceed, I tend to only hit ACT in the pauses you use for Red Queen B, C, and D, and for roulette in the air.

i keep reading how M13 is coop, but i never see anyone else there, ive done it on both DH and SOS

Not with Fallen and Arkham
>inb4 Fury
Fury doesn't phase through walls, doesn't have a shit ton of health with armor on top, can be parried and staggered

Didn’t lucia get a new render recently too? Why go through all that trouble to do that if she wasn’t even going to be in the game?

Yeah, apparently the VAs only had one take per scene. Which is probably why Dante sounds okay because Reuben has had plenty of practice with it.

I dont like balrog being seperated into 2 movesets or the ignition system
cavalier is kinda clunk when on the ground using the non sword master attacks and leaves you open damn near as much as double kalina ann

Oh, absolutely. DMC4 had some really weird deliveries with Dante, seemingly because they wanted him to say more words than would fit in the scene, so you got that classic Japanese dub where they talk super quickly. I guess they got a new director though, because DMC5 has such good delivery, from Nero getting pissed at being called dead weight, to his and Nico's bickering, to V's incessant, smug edginess, to Dante's "Whatever. I don't even care." It's all so good.

I really have to wonder how NT managed to even get the contract, they were clearly incompetent at making action games.

>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
Nice discussion you got there

Say what? You can buster both of them

I mean, considering the people ITT who though "Demons" meant western christian demons and not Oni/Yokai, Itsuno had a point.

>no Super Breaker Nero with unlimited Breakers
>no Devil Bringer Nero
>Split is "R1+back" now for some fucking reason

Is it really her original actor

Gunslinger is still shit.

I just want to see handsome men with nice muscles.

She might've been scrapped last minute. Maybe they weren't happy with ideas for how she'd play, or they might be saving her for later. Any number of reasons. Devs don't like deleting things because they don't know what it could fuck up.

Something tells me you have a ton of "This lady getting paid to be nice is smiling at me, she must be into me" memories

My man. Same shit here.

Attached: 1552265009600.png (536x872, 594K)

I think the new leak DLC rumors mention she's gonna be a playable character along with Lady, Trish and Nico but what the fuck do I know.

>He didn't get the secret edition of the final song during the vergil fight when the lyrics kick in

Attached: 1512052825426.jpg (322x335, 72K)

>one enemy type that shows up only twice in mandatory segments vs all the crap you're constantly locked in an arena with
And the Vergil co-op in the Arkham fight made it all worth it.

Go visit the gym.

Yeah if he's in DT he'll send out Doppel to eat any grabs you try to do on him if he's staggered, but if you also DT and hit buster again you grab both and smash their heads together

I wouldn't say a ton, but yeah.
I also have some dumb "Oh she's totally into me" moments.

Split is R1+back now because R1+forward is a FUCKING DIVE KICK

Jacking off too much makes me depressed and playing DMC5 too much is fun so yeah

>It's ok when Dante with gray hair does it

God you Dante nostalgia fags are pathetic. DmC Dante is a more based version of DMC5 Nero but you're blinded by your rose tinted goggles.

Attached: cringe.gif (220x220, 180K)

this but with the guns, i only use the pistols for that sexy spin attack and dual Kalina as my GTFAway tool in gunslinger

Attached: 1552589966419.jpg (1800x2048, 186K)

>NEW GOOD OLD BAD
Nice discussion indeed.

Attached: 1535750952281 profile.jpg (854x725, 156K)

>jacking off
>having sex
V...

>Use buster on Vergil's Sin DT
>"YOU WILL ACCEPT MY EXISTENCE"
>DDT your dad into the dirt

Attached: 1487545336828.gif (299x236, 1.51M)

V needs way more moves. Give me a Nelo Angelo summon on his cane or something, please.

Nero needs a significantly more intuitive control scheme from the get go when he's got charge attacks, exceed, and buster on sword swings. I know you don't need to do all of them at once but it just doesn't feel like the most well thought out idea. That and his DT only has two fucking moves when SDT is bonkers.

Dante having so many reused weapons is kind of annoying despite them being significantly tweaked. It'd have been nice if he had one more ranged and melee.

Attached: 3gxknf5ebtl21.jpg (960x540, 57K)

Well, as far as action games go in the West you don't have a lot of options. The only "big" ones I can name off the top of my head are God of War folks (which would mean it'd be Playstation exclusive), and Ninja Theory. Ninja Theory was coming off the success of Heavenly Blade, and Enslaved, both of which were critically received well by journalists if I remember right.

even without a personal context it's pretty hilarious, i was honestly dying laughing right around STOP THE CAR and the final fight of the game being encapsulated with a petulant FUCK YOU followed by droning EDM piercing through a typical tragic boss theme was painfully meta to the point of the greatest comedy

Attached: AJ.jpg (1152x648, 194K)

It's sexual alright

Holy shit. This fucking game.

I need to do this.

Begone, game journo.

No because I've actually had sex.

i didn't fucking like it at the start either, kept dropping my spaggetti changing by mistake but i legit love them now

Ironically it's stronger than it's ever been, but so is every other style besides Trickster being the same as usual (so still really good)

I've yet to Buster him out of that move yet. Not gotten the timing down and you really eat shit when you mess that one up.

Give me a fucking vid
NOW

Nah, most men there have ugly faces. I'd rather focus on fictional men.

>Split is "R1+back" now for some fucking reason

That seriously fucked my game with Nero. I was SO used to splitting with that scheme that when they introduced his shitty air stinger, I had to practice with him for 2 hours to get the hang of it.

You could do Nelo Angelo and/or Phantom.

What is the best skill for Dante and why is it trickster?

>he had a father to have a relationship with
>Tfw never knew my father, spoke to him or seen him

Attached: 1551282799887.jpg (448x560, 47K)

Vergil on HOH doesn't count.

Dante's best style is TrickSword.

I would if I could record the game without setting my PC on fire, the fight is an easy victory lap go check it out yourself. Smashing him into Doppel does like a 5th of his HP in Devil Hunter.

can you remake this put replace that fortuna whore with V?

Attached: 1552514282401.gif (262x199, 65K)

*royal blocks your way*

>killer bee
>shitty
looks like someone doesn't know how to enemy step

Sometimes it's for the best, mate. Trust me.

If those were Dante’s words, they’re well justified since they both greeted him with actions that would normally kill a person including electrocution, impalement, explosives, and a bullet to the head twice.

>Dante having so many reused weapons is kind of annoying despite them being significantly tweaked. It'd have been nice if he had one more ranged and melee

Is why I'm hoping for more DLC weapons. Even if it's just old weapons. I'd like DLC stuff for Nero and V as well, especially V since it sucks that he doesn't get any new demons at all.

I do hope she becomes playable honestly. She had a really interesting move set that can easily be expanded on. Someone last night mentioned that she could get a scythe as a devil arm

>The crew cuts all cheered up.

Attached: 243434123132132.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

Sparda was one ugly motherfucker

Attached: tumblr_pocuxzvI3B1r4pg2o_1280.jpg (1024x1024, 176K)

Someone help a scrub out, how do i deal with nobodies, their attwck animations are wierd and they dont get staggered, i only get stuns randomly.

>And Nico
The fuck
Is the van gonna turn into a mech and play like a permanent Nightmare or something?

>always bet on red

Attached: 1552479448020.png (686x986, 825K)

>YOU WORK OFF THAT DEBT SON!
>DUMBASS...

my dad left me in a canal on the side of the highway to go get beer a few months after getting off the hook for murdering my uncle (infront of me when I was 5 but uncle was a piece of shit hells angel who came around threatening everyone often) and I never saw him again, I had a total of like a years worth of memory of him being around before that

>met my father once
>he had a faint look of disgust and disappointment on his face
>all he did was talk about how great his current family / kids were

Attached: Dante.full.1287645.jpg (1000x800, 263K)

what retard thought it would be a good idea to just turn off music for a level

this bruh
its better than having him there making your mother's life miserable and making you feel like a piece of shit by simply existing

Attached: 1497716938315.png (376x438, 265K)

Nero was always a punk kid that cussed. The reason why him saying FUCK YOU isn't a cringy thing like in DmC is because DmC had god-awful writing that took itself seriously, along with Tameem also letting everyone know he thought his cringy fanfiction was supremely good. So his idea of Dante being a badass and edgy is by saying FUCK YOU over and over. That's the entire reason for it. It's nonsensical and it doesn't fit the character even within DmC since Dante in that game has some form of growth as a character by the end, which means he was literally being edgy for the sake of it (bad writing).

In DMC4 and 5, Nero is established as a punk, rebellious kid. Remember the context: he's flipping off Vergil, his father, whom he just met and is now fighting. He's not trying to be funny, edgy or witty. He tells his father FUCK YOU from the heart as he explodes in devil energy. Context matters in this case. Real DMC story is not some complex masterpiece taking itself seriously, it never did. The most we got was in DMC3 and even then it was still mostly about crazy woo-hoo pizza man being stylish.

You should have pushed his shit in

wtf

I doing all of the secret orbs and missions. I want to get those out of the way so I can later blast through the missions without missing anything.

Attached: 1552526099194.png (612x486, 137K)

None of them are the best, they're all useful in different situations. That's kinda the point of style-switching Dante.

That's incredibly depressing user.

Attached: sad.png (307x333, 252K)

>all the crap you're constantly locked in an arena with
Like? Sin Scissors actually stops when you attack them unlike Fallen or Mephisto, Fury can be parried and dies to 3 combos, Judecca are slow when they don't teleport and can be caught easily with Trickster or Divekick
>and the Vergil co-op make it all worth it
The part where Vergil gets 3 moves, Arkham becomes massively more annoying while you lost DT and style moves?

>this thread
Stay motivated, bros. Shit hurts, but the life goes on.

Attached: 15386751698734.jpg (883x990, 115K)

the stress must be getting to him
>family
>mundus chaising your family
>demon so no idea how to socialize with your kids so you give them weapons cuz its the best thing you can think

He clearly refers to them as separate from Kyrie though. Besides, she's not a loud talker.

I was a short fat kid. Granted if I met him now as an adult, and he still gave me the same shit, I'd kick his ass.

I don't think it's a big secret that this one works because it's 100% earned as opposed to thrown out every five seconds for no reason

We needed a fifth weapon.
Sparda was a mistake, period.
>nothing done with transformation gimmick as a new enhancement to the basic swords
>replaced 2 missions later by DSD which does add shit
It pissed me off since I liked sparda and was itching to have dante use it and do the crazy shit he did in the first game's show off cutscene or trish's shit

Who did it better?

Attached: 1468934339104.gif (300x300, 2M)

I lost my shit at this line. I hate that I laughed so hard at it. It's so low tier comedy but the deliver of it absolutely slayed me fa m

I haven't seen or talked to my father since I was 15, I'm 31 now, don't even know where he is.
At some point you just stop caring and realize that you can't choose your family, just do your best to not repeat their mistakes if you choose to become a parent yourself, don't let your parents' error haunt you, find yourself a family of your own and be happy.
And as the other user said, sometimes it's better to not know, my grandparents on my father's side pretty much openly despised me just because I was born since they didn't like my mother and had big plans for my father marrying some imaginary wealthy woman, I met them once in my life and never again.

git gud
git friends to press the start button on the second controller

>met my father after 26 years of not seeing him
>find him via social media
>meet up with him in nyc
>he’s beyond proud of me to the point he breaks down in tears and admits his life has been hell ever since he abandoned me
>wants to start making amends, but all the drugs he’s done has damaged him beyond repair
I honestly don’t know how to take this

Alright fair enough

I never said old bad, don’t be a cry baby

>Besides, she's not a loud talker.
She's a woman.

Attached: 1457903108609.jpg (512x403, 49K)

Well if we're blogging
My dad wasn't shitty but he did die right in front of me when I was in highschool, from a double aneurysm, so that fucked me up pretty hard for a while

>still slicks his hair back like a faggot
Fucking vergil
Also that looks like the OG spencer design, right?

I feel the urge to be better than him and I don't know if you anons have the same feeling, not to make him proud but to show that I'm capable of things he couldn't possibly imagine to do with his life. Sorry this isn't exactly related to DMC but keep moving forward anons, be better.

Attached: 1552510644071.jpg (703x742, 61K)

anyone got a link to a tutorial on how to mod this game

i need white hair ex nero so bad bros

>this fucking thread
Jesus christ I'm calling my dad. I got lucky

Attached: 1529453810069.jpg (736x969, 72K)

Oh great, now my friend can play Vergil with literally 3 moves while I lost half my moveset. So much fun
And I'm not sure why I should be gitting gud when you are complaining about 5's Dante part which is mostly pure combat

A bit

Attached: 92hLu1g.jpg (728x998, 553K)

is there a way to get neros alt costume without a preorder

I feel like V should have had a basic attack combo with his cane button at the very least. That alone would have made him feel a little more direct.

Dont feel bad user, those are just "fans" who started with DmC. They *have* to defend their shit taste by attacking something genuine.

Attached: 1552503700277.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

Thanks for the suggestions. Going exceed in the pause of a combo move does make more sense than trying for every swing. That was my problem with Knuckle at first but it’s fail state of accidentally doing a throw was more of a hindrance than just not getting some instant exceed. That’s when I realized Knuckle is better suited for the end of a combo or moves that knock away an opponent to keep them close, thus extending the combo potential.

V needs alternative demons. I'm not saying he needs to go full Dante, but one more for each slot would really expand his move set. You can still keep Griffon and Shadow as the "main" demons.

can you fags go to therapy? this is a DMC thread not a daddy issues thread

Attached: 1551566647243.png (340x427, 274K)

>but to show that I'm capable of things he couldn't possibly imagine to do with his life.
Well he has a career and a loving family so...

>Used a gold orb to finish off Greyon horse fight on DMD.

I swear the first half of his life bar I was fine. Second half started to go slow because hes going everywhere and during the last 1/3rd or so in DT its like its twice as long as both and hard as fuck to hit him.

I ended up getting a B he only hit me like once after i revived but still i only did so because the chapter before hand was brutal especially the first room with like 5 instant DT lizards.

Its the first gold orb i used so far and im so ashamed just for future reference can someone please tell what you're supposed to do on DMD in that fight? It seems like even with upgrades he rapes my summons all day and half the time Nightmare doesn't do jack shit and if i waste time hopping on him he melts him.

Cherish your beloved parents, lads. The life goes too fast.

all of these are hilarious, my heart goes out to cat guy

>You can knucle on raw rev
>you can pull off 2 knuckes on the first few seconds of taunt
wew

Depends, can I stand behind him or on the arm of his chair and shoot him till he dies?

>this is a DMC thread not a daddy issues thread
Nigga this entire series revolves around daddy issues.

no, not atm
if you have the PC version, just look/wait for a mod

Lel

Attached: l21.jpg (1080x1434, 196K)

Ironic you'd post the momma's boy childless fag.
I jest, I am enjoying some of these stories though

Attached: 1552506978025.jpg (592x576, 40K)

DMC is literally centered around daddy issues

Attached: 1552222662001.jpg (900x900, 82K)

so you can call me dead weight again?
YOU CAN SHOVE THAT UP YOUR-

Attached: 1550640408516.jpg (720x817, 58K)

Attached: angmad.jpg (431x455, 34K)

those are the same thing dude

Attached: 1497311598259.png (274x385, 130K)

>Got disowned and kicked out as soon as I was 18 because they never wanted me
Mission 20 was pretty cathartic.

switching stances with Balrog in a busy fight is fucking annoying because I never know for sure which enemy I'm going to lock onto and I might end up killer bee'ing into an attack or bad position instead of just swapping midair

GS is great for 4 things: orb farming with Faust, Dual Kalina laser, style farming with honeycomb shot, and Kalina Ann/E&I air style spam (rainstorm, downward shot, rainstorm, downward shot, etc.)

how do you jump on punchline

they should honestly remake DMC2
the game seriously needs it, and it would wipe away the only taint on Itsuno's career

yeah Dante/Vergil/Nero's daddy issues not yours

Attached: 1551586290615.jpg (736x735, 61K)

THATS NOT IT NERO

Attached: Godte.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Are there Turbo mods that actually work and isn't buggy yet?

I like switching modes with Balrog but I'd prefer if it was a toggle rather than a high-time input. Put it on R3 because who even bothers to reset the camera? Auto-Mode toggle can fuck off too, leave that shit in the menu.

>Oh great, now my friend can play Vergil with literally 3 moves while I lost half my moveset.
>implying the entire point of Dante and Vergil's combat isn't that they are on the same level as each other
>And I'm not sure why I should be gitting gud when you are complaining about 5's Dante part which is mostly pure combat
Level design =/= combat. The enemies aren't difficult, they're just boring. It's like they took the normal Scarecrows from 4 and gave them like four variations.

What does sparda do in the first game that it doesn't do now?

Uhhhhhh

Attached: When you see Dante and Nero get their brother and father back but you realize that your family isn&# (1200x675, 58K)

The auto-firing Summoned Swords with Gunslinger are pretty nice too

>Five(six) games in a Cleaning my Dad's mess: Featuring the sons of Sparda
>Stop talking about daddy issues guize

Attached: smug devil hunter.png (544x757, 704K)

STD?

>Devil Hunter

Attached: heresyouryou.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

WELL WHAT IS IT THEN?

Attached: 1546691769146.png (387x262, 94K)

Lock out DT?

Attached: shrug.jpg (384x313, 71K)

hold the button as it comes back

>this filename
Goddamn it

Attached: 20190312020035_1.jpg (2560x1440, 140K)

It should just be two weapons

If he still has drug problems, helping him through rehab is an option.

FUCK wrong post
meant for

>all those people with broken families
My condolences, I got lucky with my parents, still together after 35 years and they accept me

Attached: 1521961607181.png (1104x1542, 673K)

I meant more with the aquisition scene, how it essentially displayed that it was a trasforming weapon
Felt bummed out how it was just a reskinned and slightly gimpedAlastor with nothing special then, and now bummed out that it didn't get any special treatment when you regain it in 5

If you actually read reply chains, you'll know that the game was too boring for me to play a second time. Get lost, dead weight.

Attached: 1538716403878.png (854x448, 595K)

>Dad leaves the picture for 26 years
>He wasn't off saving the world and killing bad guys
>He was just shooting up hardcore drugs
Almost the protag of an anime user.

before Vergil, i imagine Dante being the close Nero had to a father, Credo seemed more like his cool older brother.

Attached: 1494799907118.jpg (280x330, 26K)

There's a mod for it in the Steam discussion page