How did the Smash fanbase go from this

How did the Smash fanbase go from this

Attached: 1551799629856.png (2001x1080, 2.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pb4Vqwq9qkM
youtube.com/watch?v=MfvBLAgc8y8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To this?

Seriously, what happened? There is a ton of assist BTFO art recently compared to any other Smash speculations. Can't Smashfags go without laughing at others for not getting their characters in?

It amazes me how trash the fans has been, both those who want their characters in, and those who got BTFO

Attached: Dz50XHpWwAAFqmL.jpg (1178x1200, 286K)

It was a better time

Attached: lucky smash.jpg (1680x1050, 533K)

I wanna go back

I don't know what is worse, console war shit or the Smash Bros. community being as autistic as it is.

Attached: DwytrVPW0AAmysh.jpg (877x650, 79K)

Only characters with a shit fanbase gets made fun of

so most fanbases

Good times

*Ruins Smash Bros as a whole and makes autistic rosterfags five times as worse*

Attached: what killed Smash bros.png (512x402, 212K)

literally nothing good came out of that

You mean 90% of the roster that isn't Kirby reps?

Attached: 1526353560946.png (178x300, 39K)

>literally the reason we got Ridley and King K. Rool

Asking for K Rool was a massive monkey's paw move that I highly regret.

Attached: 1528689072807.png (817x833, 22K)

Some smash fans are pretty nice people who enjoy the game enough where their character not getting in isn't any more then a bummer.
It's a shame a majority is all about throwing a massive fit because some old character very little people know about didn't get in (Cough Isaac Cough)

Attached: rfs.png (688x847, 440K)

Bro you have him in the roster and that's all that should matter to you as a fan of him at this point.
Who, as a fan, would give a shit about a certain character's online perception if that character got into Smash?

fucking saved and red pilled

Attached: 1528068571322.jpg (1127x1221, 235K)

More on the line I got what I wanted, but the rest of the newcomers pretty much shoehorned clone characters or meme characters. While the only three characters that weren't exactly chosen due to the ballot where pretty underwhelming. Honestly they should've did a top 5 for the ballot and surprised everyone else with who ever Sakurai would've chosen.

Attached: 1542518392583.png (521x464, 244K)

I always wanted this fucker personally (and not for the extremely hilarious reddit memes!!!!!) and even when he was revealed as an assist for the past 3 games, I was just fine with his inclusion
I mean, it's better than a trophy, sticker, spirit, etc.

Attached: 1549937419784.png (1500x1332, 442K)

Still baffles me that Sakurai never thought about adding K.Rool before the ballot. We managed to get 6 FE characters, but we couldn't even get a third DK character if it wasn't for the ballot?

>Issac
>But no Steve or Banjo
Yea Forums is for chaos. Not actual discussion. Get out.

Attached: 1549406332571.jpg (640x640, 46K)

Edge hog is shit.

DK series was in a weird place before the ballot, K. Rool didnt really picked up with the fanbase until the ballot. Having two well received games without him, really made his absence noticeable with the replacements not being as good.

youtube.com/watch?v=pb4Vqwq9qkM

I'd take the cringey as fuck Brawl shit again than the shit what the Smash bros fandom has become.

it was a simpler time

>being nostalgic for childish, Deviantart autism
We really have come full circle

When did OP mention nostalgia?

eggposter was actually based though for shutting down stevefags

I agree with what said, what it is now is honestly worse than it has anything right to be. We're now at a point where a guy can be so asshurt over who people want in Smash Bros. that he'll make a nearly 2 hour video of why he thinks they're wrong. It's sad.

>no otis

Isn't that dead since Shadow got deconfirmed?

>a nearly 2 hour video of why he thinks they're wrong.
That's got to be a joke right? RIGHT?

Attached: 1524799406911.jpg (181x168, 8K)

I don't see Ridley and K. Rool in Smash 4

youtube.com/watch?v=MfvBLAgc8y8

Attached: why.jpg (280x280, 18K)

Yeah, the fanbase has been comparably trashy compared to back in the days.

I used to dislike Ashley and honestly didn't want her in (now that kinda toned down and just like her as a overall character, but is by no means my favorite one either), but I'm not going around here spamming shitty art of a character I don't like getting beaten or being trashed. And I bloody know how to art, I'd just rather spend the time I draw with doing things that I legitimately like instead of making some people on the internet mad. I even drew her several times in her standard personality, even for people here on Yea Forums.

I know there are people out there possibly mad over the... I don't even know how to call it, persistence of say, Geno, Isaac, whatever else more fans, but to me, the ones that bother to shitpost about them or with them are by far much worse than the actual real fans. Or those that use their temporarily/permanent favorites to do hateful art against their loathed ones. I dislike Incineroar as well, but I never actually drew him once in a hateful manner, I even drew something that I thought would just be played for laughs and made me snort in laughter which was just something based off a bedroom template meme with him and Ballio having fun under the sheets and Decidueye looking dumbfounded as fuck. I even drew them again just to see reactions and it was fun every single time. It was hot, I admit, but it was mostly for light-hearted fun. And Decidueye's reaction. Probably gave someone a raging boner and I didn't even care. Those were the best times. I don't care about drawing Incineroar in a fashion that makes its fans mad.

Now there's that clown meme going as of recently and now I'm laughing my head just because I have that goddamn clown theme over my head playing while picturing my drawing. Good times.

To this?

Attached: 01_11_18.gif (284x301, 1.49M)

Plant is alright in my books

>Patternfag
When will people give up trying to predict how Sakurai picks characters. It's obvious by now there's no rules, and if there were, he has no problems changing them as he goes.

I thought people gave up on patterns when ridley became playable
guess not

I thought people gave up on "patterns being wrong" when it turned out there WAS a pokemon character and then Sakurai told us he has a slot served for pokemon. Like everyone with a brain who realized the obvious pattern knew.